Fortnite is just a fa-

>Fortnite is just a fa-

Attached: fn36.png (793x769, 753K)

ggot

g

>won by using aim assist on a controller

tick tock fartnite

Attached: frotnite trends.png (1464x504, 20K)

>t. brainlet
bugha doesnt play console

controllers are terrible for shooters, it's practically required to use aim assist

>you have to wait 3-5 years so fortshits will died
So I got a question what game will come next after this shits

Attached: 1564408662747.jpg (259x194, 7K)

why wait till it end when it will be old trends get replaced by new worse trends?

boomers mad

Attached: zoomer.gif (326x239, 56K)

Did he dab? or floss at the end?

that's the thing. until another more interesting shooter shows up Fortnite isn't going anywhere.

I don't seem to see new trends comming so...

>3 million dollars
So nothing then? You either need to put your talents into something that give you a sustainable economy (a 9-5 job) or something that can give you a big enough payout that you can retire (investments, business ownership or creative works).

3 million is going to last this kid a few years, tops.

>Not investi-

>3 million is going to last this kid a few years, tops.
3 million would set me for life

Remember when Thresh won John Carmack's Ferrari? Quake is here to stay, boys.

>taking a competitive game with random elements serious
embarrassing desu

Maybe if you're a retard. This kid already stated that he intends to use the money to buy himself a new desk and then save/invest the rest of it. A 16 year old is smarter than you, user.

All these salty people that a kid half their age got more money than them. Good stuff

Only if his parents are literal retards, otherwise he is set for life

God I unironically wish that was me.

I made 300k over the years since i was an infant to 18 being in ads and shit and my parents spend like 70% of it

He already has more than average college graduate earns in their lifetime lol.

Attached: earnings_fig1.gif (571x275, 10K)

>So I got a question what game will come next after this shits
Who knows, first it was minecraft, then lol/dota then fortnite

These fads are pretty diverse, but always shit.

>fads
>fun games
try playing these fads you fucking boomer

All he has to do is put it into vanguards SP500 index and this is him in 30 years

Attached: 324543564356.png (1134x608, 63K)

They're fun games and they're fads. They have periods of extreme levels of interest with playercounts well above anything else, then they very slowly burn out. GTAV for example was a massive release, but it was nothing in comparison to the Minecraft/MOBA/Battle Royale explosions.

Faggot.

your parents suck, but you pretty much need sucky parents to get put to work from birth

you know what faggot i agree with you but i dont agree that they are shit, like that other faggot said.
if im willing to sink my time into some game because its fun, and so many other people do the same then its far from shit.

Attached: 1491293177664.jpg (316x341, 24K)

He doesn't look like a chad or nigger so he'd probably use his money wisely

Poor people stay poor because they never invest. Circle of life bruv.

>i can't be retarded if lots of other people are also retarded

A fad implies something that's short-lived. Minecraft is coming up on 10 years old and is still one of the biggest games in the world
Cope

>Only if his parents are literal retards
we'll. they were for raising a Esports gamer. They played the lottery at the wager of the young life and got lucky.

woah buddy sure got me...

Minecraft is literally dead and losing to a non-released clone

And yes, they're fads. Faggot.

Doesnt make the game any better just because the devs are literally throwing money at people for playing it

Attached: 1234575664123133456346.jpg (536x544, 52K)

Only time will tell

i'm sure the fidget spinner and the hoverboard got you too

coping wagecuck

Where's that news report pie graph of retarded spending

> Steamcell so desperate
>Uses google search to prove something
>Fortnite finals hitting 2.2 million views
Try again

thats already more than I will earn in my entire life, man. idk if the typical NYC person makes that much in 20 years, but god damn in Kentucky I would be set for life, wouldn't have to invest at all or anything. although I would still be working since the house would take up a good $800,000 right off the bat and half of the 300000 would be taken away by taxes
so the key to getting richer is to be rich and have money to put in to begin with, I'm fucked

im sure alzheimers got you grandpa maybe you should go treat that oh sorry doctors are just a fad too, right?
fucking boomers

Even after taxes its enough to buy a house/apartment, go to school and pay it off in one go, put something aside for retirement and live the rich boy life for at least a decade during his prime

FORT-NITE AND MARK ASS BROWNIE

Attached: maxresdefault (46).jpg (1280x720, 44K)

yeah i give medical professionals another 200 years tops

Wow, sure sounds like nobody plays this for fun.
Fucking millions of kids are going to be neets trying to win a fucking rng game until the next br game comes out

>Lose half of it in tax
>Have to pay the majority of the rest back to your tard guard sponsors
>Have to pay for your own flight home
>Only end up with 5 or 10k by the end of it
Lmao

>5 or 10k
not that low, no way

We're entering the age of auto chess. Soon you won't even need to do anything in your video games.

let's just cut out the middleman and start directly stimulating the pleasure centers until we all just starve to death

He'll lost roughly 40% to 60% in taxes alone depending on his country of origin, if it's the us, put that on the higher side of the scale,

Sponsorships thankfully he won't have to pay back, they sponsor you and you wear their logo. The idea is the kids and morons see what brands of things you're using and think they make better gear and thus will make them better at the game if they buy that stuff.

He'll walk away with around on the low end 1.9 mil to about 2.4 i'd say give or take on the high side. Either way, he still has a ton of problems awaiting him now.

He'll have to guard that money like a hawk from his family. His parents will like blow a few hundred thousand on themselves and their house thinking they're entitled to it (it's a fucking tale as old as time) then he'll have other members begging for money not to mention since his name and face are public record he's about to get a lot of phone calls begging for donations to charity organizations.

Attached: knock-knock-whos-there---its-reality_o_675821.gif (320x180, 859K)

This, he’s now I’m the exact same position as lottery winners and I feel awful for him. There’s a reason so many lottery winners end up bankrupt or dead soon after, I just hope it doesn’t happen to this kid too.

There's alot of coping in this thread

Attached: 1541213206837.gif (250x200, 1.51M)

>views = playing the game

>first it was minecraft

u wot

Literally what this guy said. I sold a piece of software when I was 19 for 1.2 million, it lasted me three years. I’m broke now lmao

mfw he just made my lifetime earnings

good job retard

>Lasted me 3 years
How fucking retarded are you? Did you not bother investing some of that money?

Attached: 1564416485206.jpg (707x641, 39K)

waggie waggie

>normies
>investing
yeah not happening

People win lotteries all the time, who cares.

So what did you blow that 1.2 million on? An overpriced home in california? A supercar that turns you into a wagecuck after paying insurance?

I'm happy for the kid. The only problem is that now you will have loads of kids who will go "lol I don't need to finish school, I'll just play games all day and then I'll be rich" and end up as unemployed streamers with 20 subs.

oh wasn't that user, just that every keeps sayign "invest, invest", there is a reason like 90 of the workforce that want to retire can't most people can't into long term investment, and the ones that earn huge prizes are more likely to belong to that pool

$2,000,000 is lifetime earnings for most people and a somewhat standard payout in court cases where someone is damaged for life. If he invests it he can make 60,000 per year without even touching the principal.

>and end up as unemployed streamers with 20 subs
Not like anything was stopping them before

g enabler

no joke they'll be replaced by AI's in like 20 years

Yes, but now even more. It's pretty much the new "I'm going to Hollywood and will be a movie star" and the only skill they'll get out of it is knowing how to not use teeth when sucking dick.

Left for Five Nights at Slendernite: Unknown Fortress 2

>the only skill they'll get out of it is knowing how to not use teeth when sucking dick
You mean the hollywood fad or the streamers?

>plays 8-10 hours a day
Yep that's the sweet spot. Same thing with any other pro gamer, you must devote all that time or you'll never be good enough. Anyone can do it but you gotta play at least 8 hours a day.

>Harrison “Psalm” Chang, one of the oldest competitors Sunday at 24, won $1.8 million. “It’s great representing the old dudes: Experience and composure trump everything,” Chang, a former professional Heroes of the Storm player, said. “Fortnite is a young man’s game, though.

Fuck you chang..were not old

Attached: 1563128746082.png (590x590, 438K)

well in that sense everything is a fad
even the universe itself...
nothing stays the same, seasons change, the years pass by us anons and we are all slowly decaying
until some nigger replaces us

I mean aren't there some industries that have been around forever? taxes, land ownership, war, prostitution etc.

That's true. Then again I genuinely think fagnite is shite so maybe I'm wrong. No way all those kids play it just because it's socially cool to do so..Right? I mean on some level... Nah who am I kidding it isn't that bad of a game and the social aspect boosts its enjoyability 10x.

doctors have been around for as long as prostitutes and look where we are now

You know, I miss the days of Fatal1ty and the like.

Based boomer chang, dunking on kids

good point

Attached: robot brothel.png (715x379, 40K)

We are when we're compared to the zoomer fucks who play this garbage.

>mfw boomer parents got upset when I said, "learning how to Fortnite isn't any different than learning how to Sportsball."

Attached: 1451346340680.jpg (920x380, 69K)

Add 1 million immediately to IRA/401k. Invest 1 million. Use whatever is left after that and taxes to spend as you see fit.

>boomer parents
what other parents can you have?

Well there is because sports are more acceptable, will keep you healthy, will make you stronger. If you don't make it in sports you still gain a lot, same can't be said for a game unless you win a tourney and turn it into real world profits.

>Investment earning 10%

Attached: 1557328605490.png (1024x768, 729K)

millenials at this point

It's not cheating when everyone's doing it.

>Born in 1980
>Have a kid at 22 in 2000
>Kid is now old enough to post on Yea Forums

sportsball will just give you move injuries and joint problems later on
course none of that matters when you haven't graduated your 4 year college (meaning 23 and under shouldn't have any joint or tendon issues at all no matter what physical activity they do) but like after mid 20s is when the problems start to show up

Alright fuck sportsball then just have your kid do martial arts.

Sometimes fp really is bp.

>The S&P 500 Index originally began in 1926 as the "Composite Index" comprised of only 90 stocks. According to historical records, the average annual return since its inception in 1926 through 2018 is approximately 10%. The average annual return since adopting 500 stocks into the index in 1957 through 2018 is roughly 8% (7.96%).
not too farfetched

Attached: sp500.png (1107x751, 64K)

Honestly I'm a bit surprised someone that young was the winner. Was kinda expecting some 22 year old who've played shooter since he was 8 to win it or something. There's no lack of people playing Fortnite 14 hours a day.

Fortmeme is literally just luck and being at the right place at the right time.

Seething jealousy.

user if it was that easy to make 10% a year and as safe, everyone would invest into that and ALL financial products giving inferior yield wouldn't even exist on the market. It's always easy to look at the past and say "you could have made X", the question is how about the future? And the first rule of investing is: past charts aren't an indication of what the future will be. If you would have invested into the S&P 500 in 1990, by 2010 your annualized return would be 3%~. Meanwhile the same amount of money in real estate in pretty much any relevant large capital in the world would have given you twice that.

The S&P performed well over the interval you have taken, that's it. It's not the case for all indexes and performance will heavily vary depending on when you started to invest and when you cashed out.

>actually knowing who this faggot is
killyourself zoomerfag

>people saying 3 million isn't enough for life

Yes but you're forgetting he can probably successfully make streaming bucks for the rest of his life. This young man is set.

Gonna drop a brutal pill here. Daily reminder this little fucker that's jerking off and chilling in his room just became a millionare and is set for life. While your parents and their parents and you will be slaving away your entire life as a wagie and will never be as rich as him. Cope with that every day bros.

You think professional musicians get most of the profit from an album they sell? lol
they get like 5 or 10c and the record company keeps the rest.
the sponsors arent in it for free, they invest in that kid expecting to make a profit from him.

Even if he invested in things with a 2% profit margin then that would be enough to live comfortably. Any decent investor can do at least that.

most of the "competitors" were aged 12 - 16

Sure thing, don't get me wrong 3 millions is a good amount to get you started, but don't even expect a 2% net yield that is 100% safe in today's economy. Borrowing money has never been as cheap as today, in EU we can borrow at 1.20% (including insurance) over 25 years for housing right now. So it means that investors aren't getting more than 1% net yield if they pick a 100% safe financial product.

Real estate is probably the safest bet when you are that young, you can always rent the properties you purchase and even if the market turns to shit (or if you mismanage the rest of your money) you'll have a roof under your head.

wtf is this do you think I'm claiming that risk doesn't exist? re-read the posts I replied to the guy was specifically talking about the s&p 500 and the other guy was making it out to be a scam when thats basically the average. Obviously I don't think thats a fucking garuntee that you just drop your money and bing bam boom no problems. But do I have to put that in every post? If I tell someone to get a job do I have to tell them they could get fired, or laid off or the company could go out of business? this shit is implicit. And guess what guy while his returns could be worse the could also be better. Fortnite kid doesn't have to use the s&p 500 he could be an accredited inverter, fund a startup get lucky and make 100x you can't predict that either

>tfw this was the lunch-topic of co-workers yesterday
>end-40 coworker jokingly says he'll buy a gaming pc and train with his kid
>"man videogames are getting big"
>nobody knew about dota2 TI, csgo majors etc.
>nobody knew streaming can be a job (in rare cases)
at least he knew his reaction time will get him nowhere

Attached: 1554792706659.jpg (527x394, 19K)

2% isn't unrealistic at all, people just don't like doing these kinds of investments because it takes too long and it's not the big 20% stocks they see on tv. I've made a decent sum of money on bonds for example, but people don't find it sexy enough I guess.
And yes, always invest in brick. People will always need houses and unless the market does a 2008 again they will always go up in price.

inaru fantaji satin tsu

I mean if you really wanted a guaranteed 2% 3,000,000 is probably enough to diversify over a variety of corporate and government bonds that even if an entire countries economy crashes you still don't take a loss for the year.

I'm sure you saw the battle royale trend coming years before it did right retard?

I played Fortnite, APEX Legends and PUBG for an entirety of 2-3 hours each before uninstalling them

what the fuck do people like about the genre this much?

wtf this cant be true. i have no education but okay job, if i contenue at my current salary i will have made 6.6 million USD and pull out a pension of 7.1 million USD as well when im done.

>People will always need houses and unless the market does a 2008 again they will always go up in price.
this is why 2008 happened

adhd autistic zoomers also lmao when ive made more in crypto than this gay little teen and zoomers in the thread are seething

>easy access
>competitive
>social

Everyone at school probably talks about fortnite endlessly.

08 was a shitstorm of different things happening because no one gave a fuck. Banks were at fault, real estate investors were at fault, the government was at fault, etc. Everyone wanted too much in too little time and the profits people got before 07 will likely never be made again. We will get a new dip, but nothing of that magnitude for a very long time.

I'll grant you that it may not be of the same magnitude but you can't tell me that theres not gonna be a crash in all these western mega cities, people are just buying any plot of land for the investment but no one who wants to live there can afford it and soon they won't even be able to rent it.

2% of $3mil is $60,000. He could easily make 3-4% a year if he invests decently. That would be $90000 to $120,000 a year. How anyone can say this kid is not set for life is beyond me.

How much would he need to make a comfortable living in America? I make €40k a year and I don't have any money issues and can go on vacation twice a year.

He would have been better off learning an actual skill and learning how to work.

>Another thread showing how financially illiterate Yea Forums is
Oh boy

Attached: Dog.jpg (1600x1200, 1.45M)

average is about 50,000 but I believe half of americans make less than 30,000. Keep in mind he could live anywhere in the country (or world for that matter) since hes living off investments.

you say that like they're mutually exclusive

From a financial risk analysis perspective of course that's true but that's not why people play video games is it?

Games making millionaires out of teenagers isn't anything new, DotA has been doing it for at least 4 years now.

Also he's guaranteed going to have to be homeschooled now. Imagine becoming a millionaire before you even had your driver's license and all those acquaintances who are your "best friends" now or the girls who rejected you suddenly having a change of heart.