Does it hold up?

Does it hold up?

Attached: ps2_max_payne_p_y5jtka.jpg (640x908, 92K)

Definitely

HEYA!

Ew, PS2. On PC it's one of my favourite "press F5" simulators out there. Highly recommend it.

2 was better

Why wouldn’t it?

Fuck yeah. In many ways I appreciate it even more now because TPS games have only devolved since in gameplay mechanics, pacing and story/atmosphere. Only the animations didn't age too well.

OG PS2 version? no, but I did play through the PS2 version port on PS4 in one sitting recently and it holds up great.

>On PC it's one of my favourite "press F5" simulators out there.
Max Payne is kind of weird about (on the default mode that is) this because if you abuse quick saves too much to avoid mistakes the game becomes insanely hard and you will often die instantly from full health by a random enemy due to the dynamic difficulty. It ends up encouraging you to just live with your mistakes and not abuse quick saves nearly as much.

t. Mona Sex's pusy slave

oh yes. still one of the best 3rd person action games to ever exists

On PC and to a lesser extent Xbox yes.
The PS2 port is killer7-tier bad.

It's the perfect TPS. It'll hold up forever.

IT'S PAYNE

MP1 has dynamic difficulty?

it' time to whack and payne, and I'm all out of whack

AHAHAHA CROWBCAT AHAHAHAHHA

GUAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHUUUGH

Max Payne is still fun and the writing is as good as ever.
I'd get the PC version if I were you though.

THE FLESH OF FALLEN ANGELS

Attached: F353F172-901C-47D0-B103-D0E61F9CDC54.png (1280x720, 1.06M)

Only casuals savescum.

>TPS games have only devolved since in gameplay mechanics, pacing and story/atmosphere.
What went wrong?

Attached: Max Payne vs Vanquish.jpg (2000x1689, 839K)

As much as I love Max Payne, don't you ever fucking shit on Vanquish again.

as I grew older I started finding live-action and digitalization in games so endearing.

whats the difference?

Why would you ever play Max Payne with a controller?

stable performance + 1080p resolution.
I always liked the console version of MP1, it had the right amount of auto-aim to make t feel like doom, so for me the PS4 port is my preferred way to play it.

Weird, but you do you user.

yes

I quote this to random ppl on the street

Not on PS2.
Debateably on Xbox.
Yes on PC.

As a different dude, I kinda wonder if Vanquish got mob mentality'd into being popular. I played it when it came out on steam, and it just wasn't that good. They finally let you slide for more than half a second in the final boss fight, and I remember needing cover pretty frequently. The writing was funny, but other than that I don't remember it doing anything particularly fun.

>PS2
Very no. Otherwise yes.