Contrarianism aside, KOTOR is one of the 10 best games ever made

Contrarianism aside, KOTOR is one of the 10 best games ever made

Attached: KOTOR.jpg (720x464, 105K)

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i disagree

Kotor 2 is leagues better than 1

> Look at me, do i fit in yet?

Kotor is one of the best Star Wars Games
Kotor 2 probably best piece of all Star Wars media

reddit opinion

Attached: Obsidireddit.png (1872x1046, 358K)

This, Empire is the GOAT but kotor2 feels like a epic genuine space opera whereas kotor feels like a by the numbers Bioware game with a Star Wars skin. Which sure is still better than pretty much any other PC game, but nowhere near as good as kotor 2

Kotor 2 > Kotor
Contrarians out.

>basing what you like and dislike on r*ddit
OH NO NO NO

Maybe in terms of star wars games, but that has more to so with there only being so many good ones.
IMO like half the characters in the party were awful, the revan twist is retarded even if they pull it off ok without being completely contrived.
It has been a long time but I remember most quests being stupid shit. I do credit that it comes from a time when RPGs still had some real puzzles in them.

At best I would say maybe a list of only RPG, but there are so many games that arent RPG that blow this out of the water. I would say top 50 or 100 or something. Jedi Outcast really makes you feel like a jedi who skirts along using both light and dark side powers. IMO this game gives you the experience of being either a complete edgelord or a complete bitchboy who would suck dick for bus fare and then walk home.

Idk about top 10 but definitely top 25 along with Kotor 2.

KOTOR 2 is literally unplayable in modern rigs. Such a shame.

Lmao people here have been saying this way before the reddit invasions went full swing.

KOTOR 2 > KOTOR 1 is the patrician opinion. More engaging themes, better writing, more interesting characters. Half your companions can turn into Jedi. Lightsaber forms were neat as fuck. It's just better, anons. 1 has nicer worlds tho i'll give it that

Kotor is 6/10
Kotor 2 is 8/10

Attached: it just works.png (800x774, 229K)

I pirated the gog version and it runs smooth, I think the steam version is fucked

>Can't marry Mission
It would be a 10/10 if this were possible

That combat tho

Attached: 1534688634658.png (567x378, 288K)

All my saves got corrupted on the last planet after I got captured by the traitorous guy Carth is all wound up about.
Can anyone give me a quick rundown of the last part of the game after that so I can play Kotor2?

>Land on planet from the movies because NOSTALGIA
>Walk down gigantic empty hallway
>Click button, WATCH your guy do cool Jedi shit instead of actually playing it
>Repeat

Attached: 1543175299706.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Stating facts is boring, post bait threads instead.

KOTOR is good. KOTOR 2 patched up is one of the top 10 best games ever made.

Attached: 1562852012008.jpg (567x689, 51K)

>get captured by Leviathan star destroyer
>Admiral Karath tells you Dantooine got orbital bombarded
>you get revealed to be Darth Revan
>Bastila gets taken
>you find the last Star Map and fly to Lehon/The Unknown World
>the Star Forge has a big laser field around it
>your ship crashes on tropical world filled with crashed ships, rancors and wild natives
>turns out the natives are the remnants of the Builders that built the Star Forge
>eventually manage to get into the Temple of the Ancients which is where the laser field comes from
>save the Republic fleet from getting destroyed by it after fighting your way through the temple
>Bastila appears, choose at this point to either go light side or dark side
>go to the Star Forge while the Republic fleet attacks
>fight way through the station and then battle Malak
>win
>get medals and everyone's happy

Five years time gap in which everything goes to tell, the Republic begins to fall apart and the Sith and Jedi go into hiding. Now play KOTOR 2.

I got kidnapped before my last planet, but otherwise thank you. I didn't really feel like doing all of that again, as fun as it was.

>more than double the amount of feats
>more than double the amount of Force Powers
>the addition of a new influence system that makes character interaction much more interesting, including the ability to train companions into Jedi or Sith and teach them Force Powers
>the addition of a new in-depth crafting system where having a higher rank in a skill (repair/computer/awareness/demolitions/stealth/security/treat injury) lets you craft different items, equipment and equipment mods
>the addition of actual skill checks; in Kotor 1 only (Force) Persuade was ever checked and it was basically an insta-win button for quests
>lightside/darkside points are now attached to all interactions and dialogue responses, not just for completing quests like in Kotor 1
>equipment is far more interesting and varied
>various other improvements, such as the addition of unarmed combat, prestige classes, force forms and lightsaber stances
>much more variety in gameplay and level design; there is nothing in Kotor 1 like the defense of Khoonda or the vision quest on Korriban
>a beautiful orchestral score, with each area in the game having its own unique track; Kotor 1's score consisted of low quality synthesized music, and the same tracks were lazily reused for different areas
>12 companions, an increase compared to Kotor 1's 9 companions
>companions actually have unique abilities and feats, unlike Kotor 1 where every companion is completely generic from a gameplay standpoint
>a humongous leap in the quality of storytelling, dialogue and voice acting
>actual Jedi robes (instead of the lame tunics of the first game) and facial hair, meaning you can finally LARP as a badass Jedi Master
>all this with a development time of barely a year and made by a newly formed studio and a tiny development team; by comparison, Kotor 1 had a development time of more than 3 years with an experienced studio and a big development team
Kotor 1 isn't even the best game in its own series.

Attached: 2ER1BEAl.jpg (640x480, 68K)

its not even among the 20 best star wars game ever made, and it is a boring piece of clunk without the star wars name.

>kotor feels like a by the numbers Bioware game with a Star Wars skin. Which sure is still better than pretty much any other PC game
Kotor isn't a PC game. It was released on Xbox and only ported to PC months later.

And you have to be uttrly retarded you think it's better than most PC games. It's not even as good as Bioware's own PC games.

Attached: 1543613345359.gif (480x270, 1.86M)

Cope. Exile is a female and made for Revan's Big sith lord cock.

kotor 2 is good but it leaves more to be desired like for example you keep hearing about darker forces at work and shit yet the game doesn't explore them and i think it was planned to have a sequel from obsidian which did explore that stuff but we never got to see it so kotor 2 kinda leaves you wanting more.

runs completely fine for me. i torrented it and installed flawless widescreen mod and it works like a dream.

You can thank wow and ea for thinking kotor of all star wars time periods was the one that needed to be an mmo

>Cope. Exile is a female and made for Revan's Big sith lord cock.

>Revan
>Bith sith lord cock
Dude's a pansy.

Attached: 12340934043.jpg (2000x1911, 696K)

>great game 1
>great game 2
>mmo cancer shit
>series is dead
I will always be mad about this I just wanted proper kotor 3. Fuck MMOs, fuck turning single player games into online games, fuck playing with other people and FUCK EA/bioware.

Attached: 1470911507296.gif (633x758, 106K)

How can you like Kotor? The combat fucking blows

True

I suggest you replay KOTOR and realise it isnt what you remember

But Swtor is just a really long singleplayer game you pay monthly for

Cope harder speed reader. Entire Kotor 2 is spent while Kreia and everyone notable jerks off Revan. Heart of the Force BVLL vs Wound dilating tranny of the force. Daily reminder Kreia who bullies the ex*le entire game keeps daydreaming about her protege Revan.
Time's ticking ex*le cuckies.

it's shit

>Contrarianism aside
I can tell nothing of value will follow these words. If you need to defend your position by preemptively calling anyone who disagrees with it a "contrarian" then it isn't a very strong one in the first place.

>gameplay is shit
>writing is shit
>looks like shit
>dialogs are atrocious
>manichean choices
Yeah, "one of the 10 best games ever made" sure.

Story and atmopshere was great but mechanically it hasn't aged very well

>I found one comment from 3 years ago about KOTORII on Reddit so it's a Reddit game!!!
Please, kys retard.

>one of the worst Star Wars games
>one of the best games of all time
Is this a bait thread?

I played 2 last week and the only thing I had to do to make it work was disable prerendered cutscenes in the .ini

Jesus Christ I don’t think I’ve seen this many Yea Forums buzzwords in a single unironic post before