FFXV's combat wasn't just bad, it was downright atrociou-

>FFXV's combat wasn't just bad, it was downright atrociou-

Attached: God Tier FFXV Combat.webm (700x392, 2.89M)

-s.

the problem with FF is that it tries way too hard to reinvent the wheel with every release since IX. there is a reason people were hyped for bravely default, because the turn based gameplay is what people want.

barry, it's time to stop

>every release since II

FTFY

>Action RPG
>Spends most of the time watching your party members do long, drawn out cutscene attacks that do only 1 hit
hmmmmmm

Nice Hold O

and FYI OP is also shitposting in

Attached: Hold O to Win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

you know the game is shit when it literally takes 3 """men""" to take down a fucking Rhino

>isolated enemy in a completely open field with nothing obscuring vision
Decent cherrpicking, but 99% of the game is a million times worse than that.

>*Blocks Your Path*

Attached: FFXV.jpg (1200x528, 29K)

This games still doesn't look like a main FF. why did they slap the XV label on? It was dishonest.

The entire elemancy thing sucks and you can only use libra in wait mode which is boring so I avoided the magic all together. Ignis has analyze but he doesnt use it enough to justify equipping magic weapons or taking out his regroup technique.
IMO it would be a lot better if
>flasks have their own menu like items instead of sharing them with weapon slots, still has a global cooldown
>there are ways to craft non AOE spells so you dont have to worry about fucking your party members every time
>libra costs MP and can be used in active mode
Would be much better balanced this way.

Are you the guy making Yakuza threads with this "God Tier" shit? It's time to stop.

Nothing here shows anything good about the combat system. Random link attacks and press button for cutscene attacks

At least turn based combat never tried to be this half baked action combat shit.

>Barryposting will never stop until XVI

ffs

Bravely Default was, aside from some witty writing and good music, mostly forgettable as fuck though. I'd prefer the FF approach even if they need to tone down the scale of their projects.

Also Yoshida should make character designs for all FF games

Attached: 96484111099.jpg (724x1024, 1.06M)

>Also Yoshida should make character designs for all FF games

This. I'm kind of getting tired of Nomura's influence.

Attached: 1399558181024.jpg (800x447, 118K)

that doesn't look very fun to play but I like the idea of group of leather clad homosexuals wandering the countryside looking for animals to gangrape to death. very amusing.

>three men in black leather flail and slide wildly, wielding their oversized weapons while tumbling over each other
Is this really the best that XV to offer like, the other anons are saying? Because if so it's pretty gay.

Attached: 155788448019.png (250x418, 121K)

Unfortunately, XV designs don't get good until the time skip. I'm guessing it's the designs SE wanted but couldn't use because they were bound to retarded contracts to fashion brands. They use time skip Noctis in promos, signifying how much even SE hates the original designs.

Attached: noctis1.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

Not really, I was a basic turn based game, II was a misstep that tired a usage based leveling system that really didn't work, III returned to form, IV introduced Active Time Battle which became the gold standard for the next decade, V/VI/VII/VIII/IX all used ATB. Then you get to X which tried to reinvent the wheel, we already had ATB and it worked fine but for whatever reason X tries a new system Conditional Turn Battle which was pretty much inferior to ATB in every possible way instead of charging a turn meter you had an ordered list of turns and you'd modify that list with spells but hey it's new and different and that's all that matters right, Then FFXI does Real Time Battle, FFXII thought that was such a great idea they find a way to port it to single player and dub it Active Dimension Battle, then FFXIII reinvests the wheel yet again for no reason with Command Synergy Battle which was a complete diaster so FFXIII-LR tries to reinvent ATB with Style-Change Active Time Battle, and they you hit FFXV which reinvented the wheel yet fucking again with Active X Battle because why the fuck not all the other attempts to fix something that wasn't broken went over so well.

TL;DR
Turn Based: Good
Active Turn Based: Great
Everything after ATB: Bad

I just want SE to take a big step back, take a deep breath and try to find some of that magic that made their 90s output so charming and long-lasting. They need to massively scale down the scope of their projects. The flashy visuals and over emphasis on cinematic elements leaves less room for the actual game to be fleshed out and finished on time. The games have been suffering hard across the board.

The old talent is all gone. They never should've let Sakaguchi resign. They should've kept Matsuno aswell.

FPBP

tfw square got it right with parasite eve 1 but no one emulates it

>the turn based gameplay is what people want.
dunno about you man, but turn based is literally a relic of the past and very little people want that. the only thing that kept me going in bravely default was that you could control random encounters and brave spamming made grinding ultra easy.

Yet FFVII is v gonna be real time action.

SE still makes good Final Fantasy games. They just don't call them Final Fantasy anymore because the ENIX side hates FF for raping DQ all those years.
>Bravely Default games
>Octopath Traveler

Pretty sure they drove matsuno nuts during XII's development. Admittedly for all anyone knows it was just work stress getting to him, but with the way XII turned out I prefer to blame meddling suits and other stupid shit.

why is a kpop band killing a rhino

For leather, of course.

>since IX
What did X change aside removing ATB?

What are you trying to prove posting a video of some blokes sodomising a rhino?

I liked FFXV enough to get the platinum but even I agree that the combat is trash.

>press x to awesome