UNIST Thread

Anger my greatest and weakest weapon

Attached: DjGtEoGV4AAfl6M.jpg orig.jpg (1562x1508, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/mqrpjp.mp4
docs.google.com/document/d/1rUh-A8IjC2d99NQLotGqHrv-RCoOr_f4JkHbTpHqxRQ/edit
evernote.com/shard/s370/client/snv?noteGuid=f102ca4c-af58-4827-832e-00b874f62e19¬eKey=77d9cc811707dbb4&sn=https://www.evernote.com/shard/s370/sh/f102ca4c-af58-4827-832e-00b874f62e19/77d9cc811707dbb4&title=Phonon+Character+Primer
youtube.com/watch?v=OhrPqryRg0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pass is vee
It begins

Attached: DMV-alcVoAEw25-.jpg orig.jpg (1113x745, 99K)

What's going on today? I can't spectate anything.

>can't play basta now
Why can't I have a decent connection?

Looks like Dash is in the lobby so I'll take this opportunity to bow out. I'm down to play in either a lobby 2 or a PC lobby if there are any takers.

Attached: 1420229255827.gif (300x214, 2.98M)

Maybe it's EVO practice hours for everyone online

I'll host lobby 2 for a while

Dash does the same exact string yet I keep getting caught out thinking he'd do something different

Sounds good to me, same pass?

No mix-up mix-up is legit.

I can do other stuff, but when I do I find the odds of it working being roughly the same as if I don't.

It approaches

Attached: D_6baOjXYAAMGDr.jpg (1200x995, 166K)

Yeah, I'm west coast

Also I have no idea how to fight Mika or Waldstein as vatista. Does anyone have any advice?

Hyde's shit eating grin is unsettling
Seth vs. Hyde grand finals will never happen though

I'll come join and play in like 15 min. I'm getting really excited to go to EVO.

I am become choke

Whew lad. I got bonked pretty badly there. Gonna be a short lived purple box for sure hahaha. It's all good though.

Try not to let her get above you or infront of you. Also 5BB (the hand blast move) is supposedly easy to punish though I've yet to find the answer.

Which of you is competing in EVO?

Ouhito and D-Neco isn't THAT unlikely is it? Maybe you'll see that match in top 32 or something but yeah maybe grand finals would be a stretch. It would be hype though.

Attached: 1519622275187.jpg (1993x1985, 522K)

Like 7 of us

Depends if Dneco can fend himself from the other monsters from Club Sega.
I think I want Notes to win overall though, I'm biased towards the Tokyo guys since I watch them the most

Attached: DION9NCUMAESMLO.jpg orig.jpg (600x530, 74K)

Throwing out standing normals to anti-air might help against Basta's Mika, Kita.

files.catbox.moe/mqrpjp.mp4
I found an easy safe jump set-up for Yuzu

That's pretty neat.

Speaking of EVO
I was thinking that all of us that are going should make a PSN party and download the psn messenger so that we can coordinate better.

That's 7 victims for the Japanese overlords.

I already have the app and am planning on getting there around mid day thursday so hit me up

Attached: sleepymerk.png (582x582, 256K)

Imagine not jumping in reaction to overheads.

Getting killed by them is infinitely more understandable than some american no-name scrub
I already got Merk on contact so if you have him, you got me

>so if you have him, you got me
playing telephone is never fun.

Well I have that PSN message app too

Then join the temp party chat and everyone is informed

Mika has the lunge of a lion. Nice one Basta!

Or any reaction but continuing to crouch block...

Attached: 62959110_p1.jpg (1200x846, 222K)

Is there one already up?

No, we don't have to do it right now but I'll probably make one on Wednesday

Just make one at the end of the night

Give me a list of everyone coming and I will

pc lobby is still up from yesterday,
pw: pclobby

Attached: c84413dc2bb743738cc05117cb00e33f.jpg (744x1052, 92K)

Aww yeah, that IWEX was a satisfying one.

I'm shocked how well I'm pulling off everything with Yuzu since I haven't practiced at all this week and didn't do any warm up

atic, hippie, dia, merk, broken, sha, icey, and mage afaik

Mage as in the orie player?

Yeah, he's got Woolie in his pool among other names

Well at least Mage will get a free win against him

>saved by hippienet
That buffed [FF] ain't getting me tonight

Attached: 1555104672125.jpg (729x1032, 100K)

Something is definitely off today.
Can't even connect right now, anyone else getting this? Are we overloaded?

Did my crap connection blow up the room?

Lobby explode?

I'll be closing lobby 2 in 20 minutes

i got one left in me pc lobby, but then i gotta go to bed. ill leave the lobby open though

Rodger. Thanks for hosting it! I'll make another Lobby 2 then for those still interested.

>Lag spike fucks up my CS to punish that 236C
One day

You wanna tell me what the hell that mid-air downwards Mika thing is? I stood up to block it 3 separate times.

You talking about the crash from the air? Should be blockable from standblocking but maybe the charged one can't be blocked if it's full charge.

It's her FF if that's what you mean.

ggs park and other guy, gotta get up early, ill leave it open though

Attached: aaaaaaaaa7.jpg (650x607, 291K)

Man those 8 frames made it real hard Dash. What changed from last time?

It said 5 on my screen

what did eltnum mean by this bros

Attached: 13763729-B8EF-48BB-A75E-55037C50F1B2.jpg (768x790, 93K)

Really? it said 7-8 for me

She'll fuck anyone who looks like Shiki

Shoot, threw that R1 away with VO burst haha. Ah well. Nice stuff Lamp.

Oh shit son, paradigm.
Haven't seen em in months

Whatever it is, I hate it.

Normal is a mid, charged version is a high

I'll close lobby 2 after lamp plays one, GGs all

Wait the rekka still clipped me when I clearly parried it? that's some BS

And back to red I go. Was a fun fight to derank on though for sure.

Good to know, so you have to step back abit on the charged one then?

Fuck, I really wanted to fight your Wald ;_;

You block it standing like a normal high

Rad, I'm outta here.

GGs Kita and once again, thanks for hosting.

I got another Lobby 2 up for those still down to play!

Attached: linne60.jpg (450x632, 104K)

Good luck to you guys competing at EVO.

Attached: 1535523694320.gif (100x100, 23K)

Do I keep playing after I get all the colors?

Wait, I was under the impression that Basta was hosting for some reason

I swear. Something about the delay makes half my 1A~D OSes come out as shields.
Anyways, ggs. Have to get some work done before EVO so no all nighters unless everything goes perfectly tomorrow.

Attached: D_m_U1hU0AAUU3H.jpg large.jpg (1451x2048, 271K)

If that's what you're playing for, sure

This is why you 3AD instead

GGs
See you there

Thank goodness there's an exit.

Yo did you see me make him waste the 214d?

Do you mean costume colors?

Good games dude, can't wait to play you at EVO and never win a single match.

Attached: D7Gzt0mUIAEkHQs.jpg large.jpg (1254x1771, 225K)

Yeah, I've got everything else by now. Once I get the last colors, I've won, right?

Don't forget to pay for the DLC colors. Then you've truly won by supporting the devs some more.

Don't do it unless you're buying for a character you like to play alot.

yeah the credits should roll after you get them all

I'll jump on in an hour got some stuff to do first

Attached: __claudia_hortensia_and_kotomine_kirei_fate_series_and_etc_drawn_by_yukai_sachiko__966a835ea3a8a51db (997x700, 645K)

What do I spend all this fucking IP on? It only costs a couple million to buy all the character colors and everything in the gallery so why does the counter for it even have a ten-millions digit?

I bought the Yuzu colors and imported the soundtrack. Surely I've paid my dues by now?

That'll be it for me tonight. GGs everyone.

Now do it again for the other copies of the game on other systems.

Then I can quit?

You're a greater person than I. You've surely won in my eyes at least.

Yo I didn't know you could still grab me after I parried you sean. That's awesome

GGs
Do the same for UNIEL

Fuck yeah, getting mind broken at locals paid off after all

Yo I started playing recently with some friends and we're kind of just fumbling around figuring out the systems, but we're having fun figuring out things. I think I'm gonna stick with Carmine and Phonon and learn how to play them better. Any general tips you'd have for someone who's trying to learn these two?

Cross Thought is the best fucking theme in the entire game by the way.

Attached: unreal black things.jpg (393x418, 26K)

>Carmine
>Phonon
first things first, did you do tutorial and mission mode?

I did the tutorial, yeah. I didn't get through the very end bits though. I also got around halfway through the mission mode for these two but I don't think I have the ability to get some of those more complicated combos without practicing them for a few hours.

>tutorial
>end bits
Don't worry about them, you can worry about OS's later
>half-way through mission mode
You'd want to start there on the 4-x missions to get a grasp on what these characters can get off of certain hits and the like. UNI's mission mode has a lot of practical things to help you so you should keep those in mind since the scariest things about Phonon are her consistently high damage and Carmine's combos are important since you're spending so lot of health to open someone up.

Here are some guides that might be of benefit to you:

Carmine: docs.google.com/document/d/1rUh-A8IjC2d99NQLotGqHrv-RCoOr_f4JkHbTpHqxRQ/edit

Phonon: evernote.com/shard/s370/client/snv?noteGuid=f102ca4c-af58-4827-832e-00b874f62e19¬eKey=77d9cc811707dbb4&sn=https://www.evernote.com/shard/s370/sh/f102ca4c-af58-4827-832e-00b874f62e19/77d9cc811707dbb4&title=Phonon+Character+Primer

As for tips, Carmine can be pretty challenging to get his combos going where Phonon is on the easier side to get things going compared to Carmine.

Set up puddles for pinwheels for Carmine and either play long range projectile game til you get a confirm or get in with some nice whip attacks from mid and long-range with Phonon.

Im having a blast right now but if you ever want me to stop fucking around just let me know.

Same but I think I have Hilda-based PTSD now
my stick fucking disconnected on me twice that's never ever fucking happened to me at home

Adding to this.
Phonon can just throw out j[C] and then come down with a fireball so constantly have your opponents be blocking.
Carmine can just set up puddle near the enemy with a blocked 6B and then you just need to 623X to have them block it and be incredibly plus on your end and make your approach.
Learn how to reverse beat as well.

How do you guys put up with locals anyway? I don't mean to be too rude, but all the ones I've been to are just dudes in pony merchandise yelling and emitting copious odors.

Man, those 5C are coming out really well timed Lamp. The air is pretty unsafe to approach from again.

Looks like it's a problem with your locals instead.

After getting my 236B constantly assaulted over, I've finally started to realize the range where it's unsafe to slash

Do you only run into well adjusted players? The atrocities locals commit on my nose is actively dissuading me from playing this.

I don't go to the locals merk runs down in the city but the smaller locals I go to are around some usually well adjusted people. No one is really all that annoying aside from speaking in some twitch/meme speak but aside from that, tolerable

usually it's just the Smash players who fall for the "gamers don't bathe" meme

next time I see you I'm speaking exclusively in twitch chat and forced memes hippie

Man I didn't know the 5b into instant 66b for hilda was so good against Yuzu. That shit is cheating Parmesan

You can press 5BB to have that wheel spin like a 66B

I think it was mostly the Tekken dudes at this one, weirdly enough.

Yeah that's why I said instant 66b. I've just never personally enjoyed mashing the same button, especially when I play Hilda.

Anyone can smell bad
Fat people smell bad
The blame can go all around, everyone should take care of their hygiene no matter what game they play

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

I've never had this problem in the locals I've been to in NorCal and SoCal either.

I can't fucking believe that worked on you Parma, also that 5b is some shit. I'll have to use it more on my Hilda.

Did i just get smacked by a jumping normal in the startup flash of that ex? Or was that Phonon jumping ex a high?

>tfw unironically can't anti air with hilda's 3B because my muscle memory is fucked
This is the price I pay for playing pso2 and mobages for 3 years straight At least I won my first tourney yesterday

Attached: 1564377328323.jpg (751x931, 77K)

Congrats

DID YOU FUCKING SEE THAT MIRAGE OF DASHES I DID ON PHRUMF?
THAT
WAS
STYLE

Attached: pol.jpg (1440x810, 336K)

I'm dead tired and still operating on 3 hours of sleep from the previous night. I'll see how a couple matches go.

wish you would have came by earlier absentia, burned out my brain power trying to play characters I learned on pad and it's getting late now

Attached: D-JgFSmU0AA2lvp.jpg (1200x900, 101K)

I have yet to watch Jojo s3. so I do not understand this Jojo reference.

Basically 2fast4you

He can drop in on PS since he double dips if he'd like. Not sure if there are other peeps with you though since I know that FSN poster usually comes in pretty late too.

Otherwise, we can migrate to PC since I'm pretty sure everyone in the PS lobby 2 has PC version as well.

the stand is moving so fast there are afterimages

Attached: 1401833910862.jpg (1280x720, 264K)

I'm trying to figure out how to make a group chat on the psn messenger but I don't know how to do it.

you guys will have to figure it out, my bed is calling me

Attached: 1559799929618.png (393x309, 356K)

Ggs

Just do it on the Playstation first?

ggs

Attached: 75329945_p7.png (1000x974, 374K)

Yeah I was stupid and tired doing it in the party chat instead of messages.

Did you see the message hippie and broken?

Is everyone's guard thrust frame data the same?

I did

Imma dip out for now. Feels like I've become full brainlet recently. gGs

Attached: 24cec08d1e0ca342e97d3fcd5775046d.jpg (700x1088, 101K)

Add me too (atic) because I'm going to pass out after one more turn in the hot seat.

Glad to see you back, GGs

Mk that's good. Now I just need to get everyone in there

Last one for me, clawz.

I must have missed this. 22c hits high, and I want to say the first hit is air unblockable. If you see a super flash just block high against Pho. Nice to see a new face.

Attached: 1557197565715.png (1280x720, 985K)

GGs
Dunno if I'll make tomorrow's lobby or not and after that I'm gone for about a week so good luck to everyone going to EVO

Attached: 1555255504344.png (1000x1414, 986K)

GGs everyone
I was just about to say, someone was clearly new to fighting Phonon tonight

Attached: Do4JMZtUYAEyVFD.jpg orig.jpg (552x406, 63K)

K I made a group. Hopefully people can see it but I have no clue

I saw it, you had everyone.

Going to try and hopefully adjust my sleep schedule for Evo. ggs lobby 2 and thanks for picking Wald, Basta. I admire your guts for using 236X without meter or CS

EVO is so close. Goddamn I wanna see new stuff.

GGs broski. Thanks for dropping in tonight and if you're not back to play before EVO best of luck out there.

Hope you and everybody else have fun!

So is the WC crew going to be unavailable tomorrow due to EVO hotel stuff?

At that range I can block divine thrust if I get blocked but I was still sloppy on pretty much everything else. I had to get back into the mindset of playing Wald those first few matches.

anyone know how many frames of delay the Ringedge cabs have?

Yo that dash shit actually worked on Atic. It must've fried his circuits

ggs everyone and thanks for the Wald matches Basta. I've got to practice those jumpback air shield and 3B antiairs because I've been getting stuff more often than not on my attempts at incorporating those.

That was pretty neat stuff. Though he did say he was near passing out haha.

Most of us aren't leaving till thursday

Some of you are alright.
Don't go to EVO this weekend.

GGs
It was pretty late but I hope it was good experience. I'll probably do the same tomorrow too and up until EVO if you guys will be available then if you feel up to fighting more. I'll need the Orie experience and Yuzu is always fun.

Attached: 70166140_p0.jpg (800x1130, 236K)

Damn you Atic for misleading me by focusing too much on OSing and not enough on the GRD cycle. Do you realize how much I wanted to cry when I constantly lost vorpal after getting my slashes shielded at locals?

Yeah I've been focusing on GRD a bit more the past week or two, but we haven't played too much in that period. For some reason I don't shield slashes as much as I should online, even though I do it a lot against my local Yuzu.

Time to pass out now. Not sure if I can make it tomorrow for one last lobby due to trip preparations, but I'll try.

GGs to the both of ya. Fun matches were had indeed. Looking forward to our next fights!

Oh yeah isn't Raz making it out to EVO as well? Should add him too, Icy.

I don't have him on psn and I don't know the full name. I think anyone can add someone to the group though

Sai remember there's liek a 90% chance of Icey wakeup VOing when he has 100+ meter so use a meaty 1AA input and when the first 2A whiffs because he's in VO startup you'll block it and can punish

Shut up claws. That's cheating

Right. His teleports are getting tricker to react to as well. I've been trying to block the impact so I can get a free combo that way but running up and baiting it out but I guess that's not working hahaha.

One more for me Sai and then I'm out

Sounds good and thanks for the fights!

Good games sai, you've become a real cock sucker with your Linne and I hate it. Good shit though

PClobby still going?

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_stay_night_and_etc__ccb0fedb8362cdb162eba3e4f4c11a54.png (3229x4500, 2.32M)

Good games everyone, only a few more days till evo. Can't wait to see a fucking city covered in disgusting locusts.

Attached: ac1ce375a458659cf9e9788c70ac4028.jpg (5749x4097, 2.81M)

GGs and thanks for the matches Icy. My head was beginning to spin with all of those after images you were producing.

Thanks for all who dropped by the 2nd lobby 2. Was good times.

There's one up but I don't think people are in it unless Rhtyhm/Absentia is fighting somebody else.

Attached: linne42.jpg (840x560, 387K)

If you'd like an opponent I can go for a few more if nobody else is there.

Oh and I must share this since it was the best thing I've done all fucking night
youtube.com/watch?v=OhrPqryRg0k

Attached: DfE5SBXUYAA1UmV.jpg large.jpg (768x768, 114K)

Wow. That was some masterful use of the teleports. Nice playing Icy!

I love that I had the will to just stand behind him for a good second before attacking.

Sure thing

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_hollow_ataraxia_and_etc_drawn_by_zonotaida__a2df3955edc552ec223e704f1716bbe2.j (1000x1400, 131K)

Yeah that was a gutsy play. Getting "teleports behind you"d after all of that dodging probably threw him off so that was a pretty awesome moment.

Great clip.

Good luck at Evo my cool friend Icy. That was some really cool Yuzu tech haha.

Attached: 1548232272107.png (255x243, 102K)

Here, I'll make a new lobby after this one since Spoon apparently forgot to set an afk timer.

Thanks, are you going?

You guys might not know this but I'm just a pancake so travelling is extra hard. I just want all my cool friends to have a cool time at EVO.

Attached: 1548234474915.png (255x243, 81K)

These mirrors really show just how much more I need to learn

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_stay_night_and_etc_drawn_by_kon_manatsu__5612899f06774d1539e8eb0991d16df6.jpg (848x1200, 589K)

Don't worry. You're not alone on that front m8. My Enkidu pales in comparison to some of the others haha. Hippie's and RK's in particular have some crazy good stuff I don't have.

>Accidentally viel off
What the fuck am I doing

Attached: 1543547787725.png (252x221, 110K)

GGs Pyro.
Still running into the issuewhere I get comfortable with 1 combo then struggle trying to branch out. Ill break that wall eventually

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_stay_night_and_etc_drawn_by_taa_acid__cc6a4355282ae535addb6cf37be9f4c2.jpg (800x830, 168K)

It happens to me too a good amount of times haha, don't worry about it.

GGs and thanks for jumping in Angel. I can tell that you're making steady progress with the game for sure. Just keep practicing and showing up and surely you'll be able to get even better at both offense and defense.

Yeah, I was locked into like 3 combos with Enkidu before myself but recently began to explore a few new options thanks to hippie suggesting getting mileage out of 236B and 236[B]. You can use chain shift or 22C (the foot stomp move) to combo off of either 236BBB or 236[B].

Hope our mirror matches helped give you some ideas too.

Attached: linne73.jpg (657x930, 132K)

But that's the final boss from Chaos Code, not a UNIST character.

I'll give that a shot in my practices. Will probably take me a while before I can do it in actually fights
Thanks for the help

ANNOUNCE THE NEXT ONE ALREADY AAAAA