ITT:

Games that “if finished” will become the best in their respective franchise

Attached: 259AF950-2C91-449F-AA32-B189625E51AE.jpg (2343x3031, 2.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9qft6BHdxRA
youtu.be/OMahag8wEtc?t=20)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 38468-metroid-prime-2-echoes-gamecube-front-cover.jpg (800x1118, 240K)

MGSV

The script for MGSV was already finished in 2013, if you believe the /r/NeverBeGameOver leaks.

Attached: Big Boss is the real, true Snake, Solidfaggots BTFO.png (467x82, 4K)

is that marvel vs capcom?

Attached: unity-free-game.jpg (960x600, 127K)

Any notable differences between that script and the finished game?

Devil May Cry 4.

It never was.

Dmc 5
Great game that needs Vergil to be perfect that special edition better be coming in March

Was gonna post this. I'd probably pay full price again Actually, I just remembered I got it for free with my GPU if they re-released it with an extra 2 years of dev time and extra content

Attached: Final_Fantasy_XIV_box_art.jpg (260x367, 81K)

I'd love to know about the development history of sonic 06

Considering the consensus of people outside the fanbase, and some inside the fanbase, what they think of this era of Sonic was in general, I doubt it. It would have just not been the thing that killed Sonic, but completely alienate him as a gaming iconic like Mario is to normalfags.

How do you define "finished" in this case?

The timeline where we did get all the cancelled DLCs?
or
The timeline where Versus XIII was made the way Nomura wanted it before Tabata fucked it up?

Attached: FINAL-FANTASY-XV_20161127125208.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

Probably the biggest example of "what could've been"

Attached: Crash_Twinsanity_Coverart.jpg (220x279, 18K)

Literally came here to post this. If we'd have gotten the full product, Twinsanity would've been like three times as long with tons of cool references to the Naughty Dog era, and better levels in general.

Nah.

Sonic 06 did have potential to be really good but it'd take more then just proper QA to make it the best Adventure Era game, let alone best sonic game period.

I'm not really sure how you can say that about 06. It still would have featured one of the most awkward, inappropriate and generally baffling romances in video game history.

Morrowind. It was still great, but it would've been game of the century if they had finished it. We could've gotten the questline for the true and false copies of Sunder.

Attached: when-he-brings-the-false-copy-of-sunder-59453607.png (500x880, 189K)

you know, after all the bells and whistles we got now, I kinda miss this

Skip the cutscenes, you fucking faggot. No one over the age of six plays those games for the story.
The story being bad is not a valid complaint for Sonic; you went in knowing it was a Sonic game, and they always have a cringe-inducing story.

SEGA wanted a game for all consoles out for the holidays, so they split the team in half to make Secret Rings, but before that Iizuka split off to make NiGHTS 2, and Yuji Naka left midway through development, so 06 was essentially made with 1/3rd of a team.

It's not even a romance, the kiss was just for the ritual to bring Sonic back, at most it's just a one-sided crush. Plus, I'm pretty sure the story itself wasn't even finished, what with all the plotholes and the lack of the red emerald and such.

There are some unused variations of certain cutscenes, one of which involve Big Boss looking at pictures of a Honey Bee, for example, that never make it into the final game.

Also, Big Boss laughing when Kaz prohibits him from raising the children he rescued as child soldiers never makes it into the final game, either.

There is a note that implies that Big Boss was going to put Chico out of his misery. Might have been cut because, for Chico, this idea was possibly shit to KojiPro once they thought it through, and it was the last idea that they had for him.

That's really it. This leak is 100% legit as it had a whole load of filenames that were unknown to modders (until it surfaced, modders only had their hashes).

Do you not know how autistic the Sonicfags are? Nay, the SOLE audience that actually enjoys Adventures, a game(s) with only 1/3 of it being good?

There's a difference between a story being "bad" or "cringe" and something that is mind-mindbogglingly weird and disturbing. To me, a teenage girl playing tongue hockey with an anthropomorphic hedgehog is a disqualifier for being "the best game in it's series."

So... MGSV is finished, it's just that it sucks?

The basic platforming stuff is nothing new, as for the things that were:
Sonic's Mach stuff became the Story Book game design and Boost and it's both have been met lukewarmly even when slightly more polished/tweaked so they're functional.
Shadow's item shit was completed in ShtH and it wasn't that great.
Silver's psychokinesis shit was trash even if finished.
The one-off experiences with side characters only brings up the puzzling question of why waste dev time to do so little with so many, or do anything at all if it's a hassle.
The plot and story are also completely retarded.

There's really nothing '06 brought to the table other games haven't done equal or better, except testing the limit of Sonic fans tolerance and in turn creating droves of stockholm syndrome victims who imagine there's some hidden gem underneath it all.

Rebalanced versions of its levels have been don already and they're not that impressive because the game is just not good form.

Yes.

Soundtrack and Voice Actors aside the game just needs polishing. Frame-rate, Character movesets when Switch parts in between stages and the dreaded load times. Some of the small missions could be touched upon too but when it comes to content there is much more than the Adventure games combined and practically everyone (minus Chaotix) is involved in the story like Heroes.

>It's not even a romance
They frolic through a meadow, are constantly blushing at each other and the bitch even kisses him at the end. There is also a scene where Elise clearly implies that she wants to fuck Sonic after being rescued by Amy.

>the kiss was just for the ritual to bring Sonic back
The writers could have used any plot device for that ritual, but they chose to have Elise kiss him. Generally, writers do things for a reason and in this case I think the reason is obvious.

>at most it's just a one-sided crush.
Debatable depending on how much stock you put in the trials arc, which admittedly is player determined. But either way, I don't think it makes it that much better.

Bioshock Infinite would have been fucking amazing if they got to do everything they envisioned.
Best in the franchise im not sure, but definitely better than the shit we got
Also Crash Twinsanity

Attached: 1556776723730.jpg (500x328, 44K)

How is it not finished?

This. I want a reimagined Sonic, all these attempts by Sonic Team are just too ingrainly flawed to be good.

>would've still had the shitty story
>would've still had the forced town missions
>would've still had the forced item shop
>would've still had the forced character switching
>would've still had the awkward mach speed sections
People only focus on the glitches cause it's the easiest to see, but the game still had a loads of terrible design decisions.

This guy gets it.

Glover 2

Attached: myplanetneedsme2.gif (182x347, 1.05M)

This is already the best

Attached: Bad game design The Game.jpg (1002x1019, 628K)

How do you think Versus XIII would have ended up if Nomura got to finish it?

Hard to say

Story wise, it seemed interesting from the design documents that were shown. Stella seemed like a more interesting character than Luna.

Gameplay wise? Who the fuck knows.

Wat

It makes me unreasonalbly sad that this game was never finished
"Come now as we explore...A NEW DIMENSION! It should of been 2 new dimensions, but we ran out of time..."

my pirated ps2 disc corrupted and looped the dingodile boss fight over and over again
what's unfinished about this game?

>Soundtrack needs polishing
Are you high?

Maybe if they had the other two thirds of the team these design problems wouldn't have come up and the game could've been finished

Please, PLEASE stop saying this about 06, it's a fucking dumpster fire from the foundation, finishing it would NOT fix some of the worst level design in the series, baffling choices in basic structure, the inherent weaknesses of the adventure formula, or the hilariously awful story.

Attached: Crash.jpg (328x311, 35K)

>armor customization
at least X Corrupted is picking up the slack

I would say ff15 story is finished and is kino af, what went wrong was we got a shitty movie and anime that all should have been in the game to give us more backstory on noctis's relationship with his father. the car was the central focus on this relationship and was never made clear without the anime and movie. Also more back story with luna was is the only unfinshed part of the story I would say. You really do not care about the relationship throughout the game. Only boy girl relationship was the iris noctis one, which it shows growth between the 2 in a date scene and flower scene but which never went anywhere

it would have been kingdom farts 3 if norm finished it and shitty

also i might add the dlcs ruined the game giving the game too much unneeded explanation. the dlc changes the tone of the game entirely and ruins some of the subtle moments and explains all of the out right mysterious leaving not using your imagination on what had happened

game was rushed unfortunately
it could have been the best one

>ost is PACKED with soul
youtu.be/9qft6BHdxRA

Even if it had been finished, the best it could've hoped for was a worse version of Unleashed with a way worse story.

But it was finished and it was the best in the franchise already.

There's a mission where you have to pick between Elise and Amy and Elise and Sonic are literally going on a date when Mephiles shanks Sonic, dude.

>worse version of Unleashed with a way worse story
You do realize Unleashed would never be created the same if Sonic'06 was finished and then Shadow was released the year after. The Knuckles and Shadow part of Unleashed would've still existed, Sonic would lose the werehog, and the title wouldn't even be Unleashed or Sonic World Adventure.

It'd be likely Sonic Adventure 3.

Sonic Adventure 2 would've been drastically different if they didn't rush it under a year to release for the holidays. More long stages, more scenarios, and cut content would've improved the speed sections and fixed the treasure hunting/mechs.
I also wish Generations was "finished" so that S&K had a zone, every zone had a boss, more playable characters, and classic had real physics and pinball levels. Plus, DIMPS Generations 3DS would've had all Advance/Rush/Game Gear stages.

I'm personally of the opinion 2 is the best Halo game anyways, but 2 as originally intended would have been a 11/10 game

>Focus on more expansive, larger, and detail dense missions then in CE, unlike the more tight, linear missions of the Halo 2 we got
>Instead of the "What if you miss?" cutscene, you board the Covenant Carrier and blow it up from the inside
>The original version of Metropolis as seen in the E3 demo, but extended to a full mission
>Having an extra mission before Gravemind where you ride a Forerunner tank through tunnels and the gravemind's tentacles crash and slither around you like freight trains
>There being a warthog run at the end of High Charity rather then just you jumping into the energy beam (this actually got restored to be playable (youtu.be/OMahag8wEtc?t=20)
>Instead of the game just ending after you beat tartarus, one final mission where you play as MC and team up with the arbiter, travel to the ark to stop truth, and it's basically just the mission The Covenant from Halo 3.

Attached: h2-box-art-waypoint-1280x1920-046bb2a07bf94ecc9f828832818e8502.jpg (1280x1920, 604K)

So now we're just in some drastically different timeline where the release orders of games are completely changed and ensuing games are completely different as a result. Sure, whatever.

I thought Halo 2 was supposed to have you go back to Earth and basically end at the point in Halo 3 where you travel into the Ark.

It was supposed to end with you stopping truth at/on the ark; as otriginally intended the Portal to the ark you see in Halo 3 was meant to be the Ark itself originally

So the Ark was just on Earth originally? That would've been really weird.

Yes.

That would change a lot of Halo 3 and I'm not sure for the better.