Why does Yea Forums have a general distate for God of War?

Why does Yea Forums have a general distate for God of War?

You zoomers don't realise how amazing the first two games were when they were released.
>incredibly violent
>satisfying combos and hack n slash
>interesting story
>epic settings
>difficult but not overly punishing

How based was 2005?
>god of war
>ninja gaidan black
>devil may cry 3

Zoomers will never understand

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 279K)

>Why does Yea Forums have a general distate for God of War?
Low test.

Attached: God of War 3 Combo.webm (800x450, 2.93M)

GoW 1 was breathtaking at its time, absolute top tier. Same with ninja gaiden

Yea Forums has a general bias against Western games, especially in genres dominated by Japan (ie action games)

>can't do this shit anymore in nuGoW
the fuck were they thinking?

I like the older style over the 2018 one

You can still go major violent attacks and enders, you fucking moron.
Go masturbate to a picture of Reggie, faggot.

hmm?

nuGoW was a good game but it was a bad God of War. Eespecially on the hardest difficulty, it made fighting clever very rewarding.

I really only enjoyed it when the baldes of chaoes are retrieved

Games after the first one became easier, turning into an interactive movie when 3 released, then there was that walking sim with child where you can't even jump.

I can juggle enemies in DmC reboot/DMC2. Doesn't make them any good.

1, 2, and 3 are classic hack and slashes. The PSP games are ok. Good if you want more GoW. Ascension and 4 sucked.

GoW 2 = GoW 3 > GoW 1 > the Sonic fanbase > nuGoW

>turning into an interactive movie when 3 released
That isn't even remotely true.

>walking sim with child where you can't even jump.

There is constant fighting and puzzles in nuGoW

>GoW fags calling others underage
I dont think I can take the march of time anymore

Attached: 1360800743956.jpg (831x662, 126K)

its literally just press one button and win.

Attached: 1560283992099.jpg (640x482, 90K)

They overdid QTEs. Mash circle to stab minotaur was legitimately painful. Overall they're alright. Below the great action games but the top of the more mass appeal action games.

Their are better games out there. Why play god of war when I could play Devil May Cry 3, 5, or 4?

You can if you aren't shit

Attached: 1542445587011.webm (800x450, 2.98M)

>That isn't even remotely true.
It is. 2 was easier, 3 was braindead and boring. Only visuals were good.
>There is constant fighting and puzzles in nuGoW
Fights are short and boring, the most powerful attacks are spells which you use with one button, puzzles are Tomd Raider 2013 tier.

Psst, that's just nostalgia bait, so did you actually enjoy GoW 2018 by itself at all? Don't answer that, I know it's 'no'.

I wanted to like GoW so badly but all I ended up getting was a slow, shallow piece of shit that put spectacle over gameplay.

If I wanted a challenge I do the Valkyrie's trails besides that I didn't have any difficulty beating the game. It had many high moments, but some of the low aspect really stays with you. Game is great for what it was.

Everyone says Nu-God of War ruined the series, but that's just nostalgia goggles hiding the fact that the originals were never that stellar to begin with. It was basically one guy having a gigantic temper tantrum, finding increasingly petty reasons to want to murder everyone. Inbetween QTE segments where you button mash to bin, cutscenes and walking segments that are pretty much unskippable, and a nonexistent difficulty level that was mostly there for flashy over-the-top wacky movement, as opposed to rewarding combat, the game just had little to offer but was a success because it had titties and violence and therefore appealed to the younger crowd. You could see this in boss battles, which were mostly just gigantic damage sponges to show off le ebin graphics. You could do so much better in terms of games, especially ones that didn't constantly need to rely on SUPER HIGH DEF GRAPHICS, or sexy titties and waifus, or edgy mature gamer violence.

>mfw people actually have nostalgia for GOW

Attached: 1477177242471.jpg (500x375, 42K)

GoW1 was unironically good.

It was a casualization of DMC. At its best it was just ok

lmao how boring. it's 90% axe throwing, 10% flashy animations. combined with the shittiest camera.

>throw axe
>throw axe
>throw axe
Oh god, thank you for this.

because nuGoWfags (not GOWchads) are casuals

Rent free

>spam attacks to hordes of enemies
Why is this game celebrated as if it's any different than dynasty warriors?

where's the weapon variety you mong?
>parry
>smash shield
>throw axe
>throw axe
>throw axe
>punch
>throw axe
kek
you're seriously comparing that webm to THIS ??
nuGoWfags are hilarious

GoW is a zoomer franchise tho

As if it is any different than prior gow
>Throw blade
>Throw blade
>Throw blade
Because you don't poke with a spear and hit an army of 50 in a 500m radius who all fly up in the air

>different
Yeah.
>throw left blade
>throw right blade
>throw both
>throw spear
>throw shield
>thunder and lightning come crashing down
>hit the Earth and split the ground
>fire burning high in the sky

>Because you don't poke with a spear and hit an army of 50 in a 500m radius who all fly up in the air
This is exactly why nuGoW is bad.
>no good combat system
>no fun combat system
>no interesting enemies
>no crowds of common enemies
So generic, it hurts military shooters.

>You zoomers don't realise how amazing the first two games were when they were released
people have been making fun of gow for being a qte / square square triangle fest ever since it first released you stupid fuck

The original games are good, people hated the reboot

Can we all stop pretending God of War 1 is a good game?

>gow on part with dmc and ngb
zoomers don't remember how God of War was described as "DMC, but less complex and more of a movie" by everyone including the developers?

>Can only tell the nuances of throwing the blade but is blind to the nuances of throwing axe
Pleb. You must be non-white.
>no good combat system
Now that is where you are lying. Gow2018 gives you access to like 15 moves at any time where contemporaries and previous games only has like 5-7

god of war is a zoomer franchise, almost all my friends from school played a pirated copy on their PS2 and i'm just 21

>Pleb. You must be non-white.
No, you are, I am as white as a german in 1941.
>Gow2018 gives you access to like 15 moves at any time
Gow2018 gives you access to like 15 moves/combos by the end of the game.
GoW3 has more than 2 weapons and more than 15 moves/combos.
> where contemporaries and previous games only has like 5-7
Well, DMC5 is a contemporary so this is kinda irrelevant since it beats nuGoW to a pulp, especially since GoW was always described by devs as DMC but a movie.

>nugow
>good combat

>slow-mo on runic and deflects
>runics are on the fucking cooldown
>enemies being pulled towards you
>leveled enemies
>animations on weapon switching
>walls don't act like walls, but air acts like walls
>kratos takes 1/3 of the screen

>15 moves at any time
You mind describing them to me, faggot? Mind you, if you have to switch a weapon before you can use it or activate SR it's not "any time" and shit being on cooldown is surely can't be counted as "any time" as well.

Attached: 1539061208432.jpg (530x371, 52K)

>No, you are, I am as white as a german in 1941.
>I want the Greek blades not the norse axe
k

I will have to detain you for beating a baby, m8.

>I want the Greek blades not the norse axe
I want a norse axe which is strong, not that toothpick which flies around like a paper plane.

Attached: 1503610117995.jpg (477x336, 34K)

Now you are just being delusional.

Naaah, you are.

>no u

>u

God of War 3 is the best one, at least gameplay-wise.

How could god of war 3 turn out so bad?
Literally "Hit Square" simulator.

>Press circle to hit Zeus
Is there a more satisfying moment in gaming?

God of War 3 is the only one that ISN'T square square triangle spam.

I like how it stop ONLY when you want it to stop.

Even after the screen turns red and then black

God of War 3 easily has the best QTEs in the series. Putting out Poseidon's eyes with L3 + R3 is another good example.

God of War 2 actually has the worst ones because they're randomized and often lengthy. The hardest part of the final boss isn't the actual boss but the QTE sequence right at the end.

The God of Last of Us war happened

Attached: 1424646657323.jpg (652x325, 62K)

The first 3 God of war games are all kino. There's apart in 3 where you fuck Aphrodite in her bed chamber after leaving her husband Hephaestus's eternal torture pit. Hardcore.

Remember thinking video games would just keep getting more and more insane? hahahaha no. These moral majority wingnuts and feminists invaded right around that time. Games have only got more conservative. But violence in graphic detail is still a-ok. Until they decide to crusade against that too.

>fail the QTE for Aphrodite's sex scene to see what happens
>Am I too much woman for you to handle, Kratos?
UNF

that camera is nauseatingly close. oof.

delusional

This is EXACTLY how I finished it. I don't even remember an enemy who had some kind of a combo or something, unlike in GoW1.

those 2 chamber maids on the side
>"is he going to...?"
>"I think he's gonna..."
>tackle each other

Those two bitches have to spend their every waking hour pleasing a goddess. They must be very tired. Do you think their sighs travel through the portal into Hephaestus' cuckold cave?

It was classic tragedy. Fuck what you think.

Come on my dude. He's absolutely right. Kratos is 1/3 of the entire screen. I can barely see anything happening, the field of view is shit. Why do you think the old games had the camera pulled back so far?
You are knee-jerk reaction defending this game.

Don't even remind me about poor old Hephaestus. He has that one clouded over eye, he's stuck in that little room, his adopted daughter missing, his wife fucking whichever god or chamber maid happens to be nearby. Poor old Hephaestus :(

I have no pity for anyone who tries to kill me.

Man, Nu-GOW looks like shit.

>. I can barely see anything happening, the field of view is shit.
Get glasses.
>Why do you think the old games had the camera pulled back so far?
Because it was supposed to be arcade but with cinematic camera angles so the compromise was to pull the camera out far enough so the environment had a cinematic presentation but the player also had an overview.
The problem is that a better overview doesn't necessarily mean a better game. First-person games are some of the most limited in terms visibility but it is used as a game mechanic. Same here. The way you look has a risk element to it. But if you have more than 2 brain cells you should be able to have positional awareness of what is going on around you. And if you have sounds you can hear enemies around you. Another thing to consider is that the game can also surprise you by sneaking up on you, which could NEVER happen in the other god of war games without being extremely cheap.
>You are knee-jerk reaction defending this game.
Not at all. The camera and pace bring a ton more nuance to every element of the game.