Remember when literally nobody knew what a Video game was back in like the late 90s and Early 2000s...

Remember when literally nobody knew what a Video game was back in like the late 90s and Early 2000s? So you always had TV show writers or even anime writers going "Input the Cheat Code to win the level" or "We gotta use the Strategy Guide for this one"

Attached: y72pfsH.jpg (1585x892, 107K)

We gotta use the Strategy Guide for this one

>literally nobody knew what a Video game was back in like the late 90s and Early 2000s
user, Arcades were a major thing throughout the entirety of the 80's. Pac-Man fever began in 1980. Donkey Kong released in 81. The Atari was released in 1977. The NES released in the US in 1985. People knew what a fucking video game was. The writers on that show were fucking with you and you were too much of an autist to get it.

Remember when you could actually input cheat codes?

Remember, liking videogames is ok now that women also play them. Before then you were a nerd loser

It's still like that. Most people don't know what the fuck a video game in. They like to pretend playing vidya is "in" but you're still a fringe outcast loser that needs to be burned at the stake.

>he doesn't know about Tyrion's Pac-Man cheat code

Attached: 2848306-pixels_movie4.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

I know that, but outside of arcade references when they try to reference video games it's a tad bit outdated and "Hack the Gibson" tier stuff. Like that episode of the Amanda Show where one of the characters plays competitive FF8

>but you're still a fringe outcast loser that needs to be burned at the stake.
Someone is still projecting the self imposed feeling they had in high school.
user, they didn't bully you because you played video games. They bullied you because you were a socially awkward and cringey neckbeard.

Yes. I remember. It was a better time, that is for certain. Everything's better when it is still niche and not mainstream.

Attached: darkcastle.jpg (637x477, 65K)

That's a gross amount of projection, user.

>Stop projecting, user
>REEEE NO U!

Games used to have cheat codes and strategy guides were big before the internet you fucking Zoomer

>Like that episode of the Amanda Show where one of the characters plays competitive FF8
Like user said, they were fucking with you. Writers still do it on current TV shows any time something techy comes up. "We gotta shut out the hack!" -proceeds to type furiously on the keyboard-

That was the most stupid part of that movie, if adam sandler is a master gamer or whatever why the fuck is he the one driving? Shouldn’t the governent hire some really good drivers and then have adamn sandler tracking the driver and giving him instructions?

strategy guides never helped me with shit, you only bought it for the cool concept art and poster
>No the hidden item is in this floor, you can tell because we drew a square around it

Based

Attached: file.png (1197x524, 879K)

Ahh I get it, so they're being retarded on purpose? Genius!

I know what you're talking about, op, don't worry.
>my tiara! give me my tiara!
>oh no, i dropped it, i gotta go back to level 2...

and don't forget to tighten up the graphics on level 3 a little bit

Attached: ayaotdttotpw.jpg (720x540, 40K)

>competitive FF8
Anyone got a link of this skit?

If you watch a Dick Wolf show, they still don't know what a video game is. Or what the internet is. Or what a computer is in general.

everybody knew what videogames was, it's only (((hollywood writers))) who didn't. Or they just didn't care and just wanted to put this trippy VR shit in their movies and TV shows

Still better than Civ 5 with a brave new world expansion.

Procedural cop dramas are written by old guys in their mid 50s and it shows. I love it, especially those wild times in the 2010s when people were really getting interested in that whole Hacker thing.

Just googled a few things and couldn't find it
+1000 internet's to the gentleman that finds it

Update; searched high and low on jewtube and couldn't find anything related to Vidya on the Amanda show

>he doesn't play FF8 competitively

Attached: index.jpg (238x212, 12K)