So why can’t anyone make a horror game about Islam, why is it always catholic cultists

So why can’t anyone make a horror game about Islam, why is it always catholic cultists

Attached: 738E89B8-CBF7-424D-B08A-A5D9ECD1B746.jpg (460x215, 21K)

It'a not catholic unless they recognise the religious authority of the pope. Theyre just christian then, not catholic. Also never played, but weren't the baddies satanists or something?

pretty sure they weren't christian but op has a victim complex

catholic cultists are pretty cool and the aesthetics are top tier, muslims have zero aesthetics. turkish architecture at best, even satanists look better

It was like some vague, pseudo-christian cult that used christian symbols. Basically what a lot of games are doing nowadays, Far Cry 5 comes to mind, so they can get away with blatantly bashing christianity while maintaining enough plausible deniability to claim that they aren't.

>catholic cultists
wut

Because Catholic cultists are top tier kino.

>Abrahamic religions based their entire historical identity on being victims
No real surprise there.

>catholic cultists
They're just schizophrenic pseudo-christians. Also, Outlast 1 was LEAGUES better and more interesting.

>Islam cultist
wut never heard about that only the assassins and the wise from the mountain but only that.

I feel like middle east is not a good place for the setting of a horror game

Because Islam acts like that IRL, and liberals are pussies who instead opt for the low-hanging fruit of Christianity.

>implying there's no such thing as an islamist cult

True. The middle east is already a gigantic horror itself in real life. No need to make a game about it.

I honestly don't know what you could do with an Islamic cultist premise. It would be more of the same as christian cultists.

by that logic the entire horror genre is already complete and no new horror should be made which is correct

Pretty sure, if they were American developers, they'd be under attack from lefties.
And if they were European, they'd just get murdered by some muzzie (Charlie Hebdo style) for depicting Muhammad or some shit.

Attached: Cringe_54ac64_5333078.jpg (542x305, 26K)

It was.
But I live in Colorado, and have seen old buildings like that asylum up in the mountains, so idk I’m biased

Exactly. The horror genre has stagnated and creativity has grinded to a screeching halt. Literally the ONLY horror games this entire decade worth a mention in a footnote was Outlast 1, PT demo, and Alien Isolation.

Because you have no reference base for Islam. They can reference angels, old testament fables and a substantial amount of Canon like Eden, Babel and Sodom etc and you will likely understand the thematic implications. You don't know anything about Islam and neither do they beyond a base of its contemporary relevance i.e. terrorism, immigrants and shariah law. It would be shit subject matter. Also they would die.

Been wondering the same shit. Always has to be christians in movies, games, cartoons etc... never islam, budism, judaism. Consider myself agnostic but the situation is really funny

You wouldn't understand it if they did.

it was a cliche christian fundamentalist doomsday cult, and an opposing cliche satanist/wicca cult, who were both ultimately pursuing essentially the same ends IIRC.

RELIGION

OF

PISS

MEMES

PIECES

Far Cry 5 literally has you working with a priest and actual christians against the cultists you retard.

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one who genuinely prefers Outlast 2. It was scarier and it had a better atmosphere, I think.

Because Catholics wont literally kill you for depicting them in a negative way.

because real life is an Islamic horror game

Outlast 2 had much more unnerving themes in the seemingly normal townspeople being transformed into deranged maniacs over the course of like 30 years, but Outlast 1 definitely tied everything together better. those flashback sequences in 2 really shit up the games replay value.

catholic bad muslim good :D

Really? I thought the flashback sequences were some of the best parts. Loutermilch fucking terrified me when I first played it.

This. It's not like Christianity is always the go-to punching bag in video games . Remember all those games equally criticizing Islam and Judaism, like, uh... um... uh...

Not to mention the cult is completely right in the end. Joseph even becomes a remorseful tragic figure who misunderstood God's words by the expansion.

>Mudslime good
Just in time for the Blade reboot too.
Can't wait.

Attached: Surprise jackie.jpg (501x299, 26K)

You say that like there are just as many people out there itching to make a horror game about Muslims. Maybe they just don't want to?

They actually make lots of horror movies based on Islamic mythology in Muslim countries, and even though they're of very poor quality they're still a thing. There's enough material to work on, but I can understand western developers refraining from using the setting and unfortunately there aren't enough competent devs in this side of the world to make one.

a horror game about islam is reality, we play games to escape reality

Why not make it yourself?

they were absolutely fantastic from a storytelling perspective but some of the puzzles and contextual triggers in those parts were just so damn obtuse. I still prefer 2 over 1 for that impeccable, nasty rural atmosphere though. And when the game wanted to be believably frightening it succeeded in ways the first couldn't even touch.

Spec Ops: The Line

The same reason we don't make games about lefties domestic terrorists, we can just step outside to see the horror's of islam.

Can't believe they so blatantly spat in our ancestors faces. Even if you're not religious, it's your duty to protect Christian faith because it's your culture and history.

Maybe they use a vague christianlike cult because get this: westerners are far more familiar with Christian symbolism and heretical ideas?

>Always Christian/Satanic shit
>No pre-judeo Canannite pantheon Kino
Just wanna chill with my boi Attar.

Attached: sickoregon.png (75x109, 11K)

Abrahamics(jews) are the most persecuted race on the planet. This is an undeniable fact.

I'm not even religious, but as a Jew i have faced nothing but persecution my whole life, even as a child.