Mario Maker 2 - Shill'n Chill now that servers are back up

Mario Maker 2 - Shill'n Chill now that servers are back up.

Attached: C29FF699-0DA7-48EA-B388-7239E00648C6.jpg (1200x800, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/36H_s6t-4NA
youtube.com/watch?v=8EX0zcCQ2R0
twitch.tv/nokduro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Obligatory Anchor

Mario's air raid

Bomb the foreign goombas from the "safety" of your airship, courtesy of the United States. Avoid the anti-aircraft fire. Take the goomba oil and get the fuck out..

S33-BBK-RRF

Here are some of my more recent levels.

Airshipvania: (BQ6-9QH-DNG) - One of my more exploration based levels that involves you going around a giant airship looking for a way to defeat Bowser Jr before he blows up the Mushroom Kingdom

The Weeds of Wrath (4TH-2Y4-DHG): A Metriodvania that focuses a lot on none other than plants of all kinds. Trying to get feedback on this level out of all them so I can make another level similar to this.

UK Heatwave: Even Hotter (8TQ-0BN-JXF) A standard/vertical level takes place during the UK Heatwave and has you exploring up the burning down Big Ben

Attached: 145881C1-D476-46C3-BD14-B7725BB6FB13.jpg (1066x1200, 201K)

P-Switch Pyramid
>MHJ-FL3-V0H
short standard course themed around p-switches and bob-ombs. (optional) 3 optional big coins to collect. Feedback would be appreciated.

Super Shmup Bros. 2
>0DR-KYK-BGF
shmup stage in a desert setting, lots of explosions. Can be played singleplayer or multiplayer. For some reason this has lower plays than my other levels.

New levels for you guys to try.

>Red-Hot Castle Rush
LJ1-75M-Y7G
Kind of speedrun level I guess, but not really.

>Perfect Luigi Blossom
NWX-G9Y-FSF
Normal difficulty bullet hell.

Attached: __luna_child_star_sapphire_and_sunny_milk_touhou_drawn_by_yukizen__sample-bae8b166035b0c75ccf839acce (850x408, 123K)

Nuclear Russian Submarine
GS4-8BH-6YF
Level where you are a secret agent sent to infiltrate and destroy a russian submarine. After playing Myers precision level I wanted to make one of my own , but no pixel perfect spike jumps. Tip is that you can use blocks to jump into and fall and because there hitbox is bigger than spikes you wont hit them. Also don't take the music section seriously , I just thought it turned out so laughable bad that I decided to leave it in. Difficulty = very hard

Attached: 81853779-C4F7-41C7-A46D-889C0DCDA20D.jpg (1280x720, 332K)

Bit Crusade 3 is an adventure series of Mario levels that play in the traditional sense (scaling difficulty, hidden rooms and level theming). So if you like traditional Mario stages you’ll probably like these. The “game” will eventually utilize all 5 styles so there’s a little something for everyone. Every stage has five red coins hidden within that unlock a super bonus room at the end.

Start here:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG

Newest Stage: NEW
3-4: Lakitu's Furnace of Fun L85-RRY-YQF

Team up with Mama and Papa Yoshi to defeat Lakitu and reclaim Yoshi's Island!
Castle stage utilizing both colored Yoshi's abilities, with platforming and a unique boss fight at the middle and end.

Feedback is appreciated and returned. If you got a really good level I’ll likely make a short webm of it to showcase it. If you decide to take the plunge and play them I hope you enjoy them. If you complete everything up to the current stage let me know and I'll play all your levels if I haven't already.

Been cranking away at 4-1, it’s about 1/2 done and I hope to have it done by tomorrow afternoon. Excited to play the collab level but probably won’t be able to til tomorrow afternoon as well, got work in the morning.

Attached: FD66E373-5B7E-4A25-A29F-6A98148E7735.jpg (244x206, 8K)

>nintendo servers can't even handle raising the map limit
why are they so terrible at internet

The Infinite Abyss Misery Series (Ongoing)

I love sadness and despair and hate fun, and you should too. These levels are anguish and grief incarnate, destroying your will to live and everything that's good in your life. The world will expire in a dead sea of nothingness and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

From easiest to hardest:

>Too Dark Gothic Sadness: Origins
>LGL-N50-30G
>A relatively quick romp through misery.

>Stark Escarpment Solitude
>N1H-6PK-4HF
>Crushing emptiness murdering your inner child.

>Lonely Toad 1
>6VK-TV2-8YF
>A tour de force of absolute misery and despair.

I sincerely hope that you don't enjoy any of this. We will all suffocate in the cold of dark space when we finally run out of air.

Also to streamers: No I don't want you playing my shit. Seriously fuck off I don't care and stop asking. You cater to all the dumb poopiedoop kiddies that I don't give a fuck about anyway, plus you're not good enough to beat my levels of pure sadness and whirling anguish.

Attached: thesadnessofnothing.png (272x224, 1K)

New course! This is my first vertical level.

Rocky's Wrench Revolt
VBB-BMY-CXG

Attached: 20190730_000810.jpg (1181x725, 370K)

Still looking for plays, critiques, and feedback on my third course.

Coffin Fits (X9R-KK3-HDG) - A platforming based ghost house with three ways through, based around specific enemies: Boo Buddies and Stretches, Dry Bones, or Munchers. Difficulty should be pretty mediocre.

Attached: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (800x661, 26K)

Obligatory re-post >Let's Shellebrate 1.0
35P-JNB-0PG
>Let's Shellebrate 2.0
C70-XTP-8TF
>Dungeon of Yang v2
QBY-10X-9SG
>Fire & Ice
N99-HS7-GWG
>Novic Kaizo World v2
VBG-66D-52H
>Hallmark Hurdles
VGL-55B-GFF
>The Princess is in another Castle
N7S-HX9-L0H

Attached: marioicecream.jpg (640x750, 186K)

why wasn't the final story mode level playing through a course while a giant maker mario was building it? its like nintendo hates fun now

Dr. Wrench’s Cloudy Contraption!
XMG-293-RQG
>I’m really hoping this one turned out alright because it took a surprising amount of time to get right. I tried my hand at creating a boss battle that isn’t just Boom Boom, Bowser Jr, or Bowser which was definitely the part of the level that took the longest to get right.

Attached: AB0CD591-ACBC-4848-9C59-0E6D177A41B4.jpg (1280x720, 221K)

>3-4: Lakitu's Furnace of Fun L85-RRY-YQF

Still wish I could make levels like yours, but you know the maker way more intimately than me. Only critique of this one was the last Lakitu bridge. It felt a little unfair, like there were one too many of the cannons under the bridge. Took me about ten tries, and even then I nearly bit it on the last one.

Are you aware you can potentially die to a wrench on the very first screen?

I played through the boo way. It was fine I guess, I don't know what I can really say. Kind of felt like I only played 5 seconds of an actual level. It was very short and the whole P-Switch thing seemed like a very easy, very long waste of time, considering how short the rest of the actual level with genuine platforming was.

Thank you. It's more of beginning concept than anything. I need to make it more efficiently because I ran into the entity limit and the "puzzle" at the beginning was sort of a holdover from an old idea. I'll ditch it on the next iteration.

Defend this.

Attached: dumb icicle hitbox.webm (1280x720, 1.27M)

My first attempt at a speed run
LX1-226-YLG

The only part that's safe is the top.

Hitboxes in SMM suck shit.

Trying it now. I keep dying to the Bills at the very end, but I did manage to snag every coin! Only critique so far is I think you've got an overuse of sound effects.

Is it okay to post my level here even if I've posted it a few times before? Not in consecutive threads though.

Defend THIS

Attached: KG8ipm2klhpGtcaA.webm (960x540, 988K)

sure go ahead

He was crouching.

No fag i will boo it

sure i will boo it

I know it might be too early in thread to repost but I've had my levels skipped in these threads three times in a row so out of the three I listed at least play this one please.

>UK Heatwave: Even Hotter (8TQ-0BN-JXF) A standard/vertical level takes place during the UK Heatwave and has you exploring up the burning down Big Ben

Finally got a new level out. Think I'll take a break from making for a bit and dig into Three Houses, but I'll still shill for a while and play courses from whoever plays mine. Anyway . . .

I have ten stages. Here are three:

Soles of the Departed
C80-VJX-WJG
The first of a trilogy with goomba shoes in perilous situations.

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Airship night level with bombs and a (hopefully) fun albeit fairly easy Bowser fight.

Sole Sacrifice (NEW)
BB2-DMK-LJG
To reach new heights demands sacrifice. Another shoe level among castles in a starry sky.

I will play it in a little bit maybe.

Attached: lands.png (640x400, 50K)

What if you like it?

Coin Rush Clouds
level focused on platforming with a theme of clouds and giant plants, and both day and night versions of the Sky theme. Goal is to deliver the Star Flower to Mr. Goomba

Attached: coin.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

youtu.be/36H_s6t-4NA

thanks! Don't worry its not just a meme level.

How do you know?

Four Boom Booms of Power
>831-FWO-THG
Defeat the Boom Boom Elemental Masters and claim their power for your own! Multiple Boss stage in the vein of Megaman's Robot Master Rematch stages in Wily's Castle.
It's a pink coin stage with an infinite checkpoint and you can't die after getting all 4 pink coins, so even if you die to a boss you won't have to start from the beginning.

Journey through Twilight Tundra
>LVL-K12-9LF
A simple nighttime ice level with a normal route, a pink coin route, and a secret area if you explore some. say hi when you meet the snowman

My player ID is VT2-W11-HJG if you like these and want to play more. Please give me feedback via comments or in the thread, and I'll play your stages too!

>he doesn't make his ground consistent at the end of level designing by copy/pasting ground to remove the different looking ground tiles
>he doesn't spruce up his level with ground decorations, making each platform look plausible and stylistic
>he doesn't spam the fucking shit out of semi-solid platforms

>he doesn't spruce up his level with ground decorations
this is extreme autism, please don't make this a thing

Made my first level and within 30 minutes I got a like.

Attached: 187798.gif (500x481, 1.25M)

Because you posted it in this hugbox

Give ID

i like hugs

You clearly touched it, this isn't even a good example of the horrible hitboxes.

I'm 90% sure you're a tranny based on your posts.

youtube.com/watch?v=8EX0zcCQ2R0

No Anchovies - SMB3 themed water level

G8G-R3S-3MF

Any feedback appreciated

Attached: 1546983510736.jpg (290x324, 23K)

I didn't touch the lethally pointy part of it, though.

Pipe Valley
SYS-J1L-MYG

Bowser’s Basement Escape
JY6-86X-R7G

also dicking around with different ideas, currently have 3: an ice level with a puzzle, a “stay on yoshi” level, and a lich’s tower level (vertical sub area with a boss fight at the end). Which would you find the most enjoyable anons?

by that logic Goombas should only hurt you if you touch them from the front

much like my raging freedom boner, this stage is too damn hard. I liked it anyway

>make level
>gets 0 likes after almost 2 weeks
>make more levels
>all of them get at least 5 likes
some people here actually give good advice, believe it or not

Attached: b.png (420x420, 244K)

Please try my new traditional SMB3 level, it's a short stage and pretty fun to speed through. Has plenty of collectibles as well. Webm related with a very unsatisfactory missed jump at the end.

>Cloudy with a Chance of Koopas
Q8J - WD2 - 8QF

I do all of this. The first one is especially painful if you arrange and keep rearranging due to not being able to decide what looks best.
It's too late, my autism has gone off the deep end to where I'm even picky about the thumbnail image by mere half block increments. Probably OCD or something, but whatever.

Attached: CloudyKoopas.webm (1280x720, 2.46M)

Speaking of thumbnails, should I take a page out of the highest ranked levels and make some sprite art for the thumbnail instead of using a part of the actual level? Seems to get the most (You)s.

The Madman's Mansion
"Late at night, Mario raids a madman's mansion to retrieve his stolen boot!"
Difficulty: Intermediate
Code: NR2 - XL1 - LDF

So, when do levels start picking up momentum with likes and plays? Or do I just have to keep continually shilling mine until it hits popular courses?
Does having more courses help your other courses?

I'll be playing the other levels in this thread tomorrow, gotta go to bed now.

Attached: knives.gif (540x540, 2.55M)

i had more fun with the original mario maker on wii u

a little short, I'd have liked to see it go for longer, maybe multiple goes of the autoscroll area with a checkpoint in between. Great aesthetics, my only other problem is the cheep cheep pipe is pretty much impassable without taking damage unless you know to go past it before it starts generating, you might just want a green pipe for that.

i bet you could easily farm points by making music levels, as long as the song is semi-popular or a meme, and you put effort into it, you can get a good amount of points
these is speculation though, i have never made a music level

>So, when do levels start picking up momentum with likes and plays?
when you make a good level

Is the Yea Forums collaboration stage still being developed? I really want to play it.

I'd say only if you're trying to make a popular bait level in the first place. So it must be fairly easy, have a dumb (but unique) gimmick, and have clickbait tier title and desc. Or just be a streamer/""influencer"".

I thought it was wonderful, both in terms of looks and the pacing and secrets and so on. Nicely made.

Glad you enjoyed it!

>Jap plays my stage
>dies once
>boos

fuck you too, you nip fuck

I thought you people were memeing, but I started to pay attention and realized that I've never seen a Japanese player's level that had a coherent theme or progression. It's always just using whatever dumb trick they like right out of the gate with projectile spam.

>It's a "don't stop running to the goal in 20 seconds" episode

Attached: 1453871618224.gif (314x319, 98K)

Wow just like Barb and our other favorite twitch e-celebs

>playing Endless on each of the difficulties
>expected to see levels full of the multi-coins everywhere
>so far people have used them sparingly and appropriately
>haven't seen enemy spam
>no lakitu spam either
>no corridor-filled-with-starmen-and-8-Bowsers levels
>not a single DON'T MOVE level
Did Nintendo develop an algorithm to kill these or has the player base matured

Attached: 1559587258303.jpg (1829x2049, 540K)

try actively looking, keep tabs on your maker score, and in real time you can watch, any time a Japanese player plays your stage, you will notice the score go down from a boo with only one more clear attempt than previous. They literally come across shit in whatever endless mode, die, boo, and skip.

ur mom is whore

It really is fascinating because I’m confident that my stages are at least competent, but the second one of these fucks dies a single time, they skip the level without fail. I don’t understand it, and it really frustrates me when I get a wave of them and it brings down one of my levels in the process that I worked really hard on. Makes me even angrier when I go to check on what they DID like and it’s just gimmick shit, speedrun garbage, and music levels.

Attached: 76F601D3-CD7C-46F3-8255-089E2E19A059.jpg (560x560, 210K)

okay i played it and it was pretty fun

I hope tanooki baseball user sees my shitpost!

Attached: bupball.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

It's because they're trying for a most completed endless levels score. Boos and Skips are the most cancerous things in this game and both were designed to be good quality of life improvements that get abused by powergaming ricemunchers. You need to either be limited in the amount of boos you get or they need to become ineffective if you do too many, and you should lose a life if you skip a stage so that people don't just skip everything immediately once there's an ounce of resistance.

Shilling My Latest Courses: Condensed Post Edition.
>Blue Boo Hullabaloo
SKV - XM3 - 4GG
Traditional SMB1 icy platforming stage.
>60-Second Romp with Longboi Chomp
NHQ - GPW - YYF
A simple 100 coin collection level that has you in a room with a dangerous extra lengthy chomp.
>Steamboat Mario
4HS - KMR - DXF
Travel through the Pipe Seas on your trusty steamboat and encounter some scurvy pirates along the way.
>Dead-End Koopazon Warehouse Job
G84 - 4D0 - M0H
It's time you take your frustration out on the boss of your shitty Koopazon Fulfillment Center job. (collect the red coins for a bonus)
>Dangerous Game of Lava Chicken
S5N - QQ8 - MJF
A no jumping level with a focus on getting uncomfortably close to rising and falling lava to progress.

There may very well be a hidden system to diminish the weight of boos for people who do it a lot. But we just don't know as of the moment.

Attached: 1bf9436ec9f772a7a7023c7504dabc89.jpg (1199x1499, 214K)

Do you think the last course limit raise will be to 96 or 128?

>keep adding levels by anons to a sticky note
>never get around to play them
im sorry guys i promise to like when i do

Attached: regigigas.gif (166x96, 209K)

Treasure of the Sierra Madre V4.0
QL7-LTR-0MF

Our friend the bomb
SC9-TF5-XFF

Bowser Jr's tricky tracks
M7J-M6D-SFG

please leave feedback, Im trying to improve my levels

How do I sell my soul to get into the popular levels tab?

Collab user here, it's complete! I just have to upload it now. Only have to run through every section in order, 3 times :^)
Thank you everyone for your submissions, it was really fun working with all of you!

Attached: collab1.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

>Treasure of the Sierra Madre V4.0
Remove the off-screen thwomps and end the level at the first checkpoint.

Just finished this one. Wanted to make a level based on a 3D Zelda dungeon. Had to improvise in more than a few ways, but I'm satisfied with how it turned out.

Attached: 27.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

god you guys just cant deal with something stopping you

I already put blocks around the spring so youd see theres a thwomp above you, the other ones are easily missed if you just move forward

Never said they killed or stopped me, just gives the player the impression that an autistic 12 year old made the level. (in this case it appears to be correct) There is literally no reason for them to be there. Your "puzzles" are totally inconsistent and poorly telegraphed, either build off the first gimmick or end it on that screen.

There is a reason only one person cleared your level and the clear time is 24 minutes.

Attached: banishd.jpg (288x231, 9K)

A stage for one screen puzzle lovers.
Try it out if puzzles are your jam.

Attached: IMG_20190701_213527.jpg (1280x720, 289K)

what puzzles? its all very straightforward

>its all very straightforward
wew lad

>one screen puzzle

Attached: 1562719253071.png (500x356, 457K)

yes? the only puzzle would be knowing to bring the spring to the bridge part

"Separation Anxiety"
Bring along your ol' pal Yoshi from start to finish, teamwork with him is necessary (something something power of friendship).

B09-DJT-WRF

I'll rate anyone else's if they reply with their code, and I'll play the three above and below my post.

Attached: Yoshi_SSBU.png (1100x1205, 937K)

Posting this again because of the maintenance. Easy difficulty, highly polished. Feedback appreciated.

Attached: 20190729_145024.jpg (1280x720, 674K)

Wall Jumping at Fort Block A Lot - X9T-NDQ-4VF
Wall jumping stage with 3D World theme.

I can't get it done tonight, it's just too much for me at 2 am. I'll have to do it tomorrow, sorry.
On the bright side, I really like playing through your levels, but trying to beat them all at once is just so hard. Sleep time for me.

Lmfao. Holy shit.

Tips appreciated, my first upload going for some tight mechanics in a short level S37-6H7-2JF

Attached: 1564471128062.jpg (1542x2056, 2.26M)

Got to just before the checkpoint before the time ran out. Guess it's a little above my difficulty. Really neat ideas though, and as you said, polished, shot ya a like

great shit user

Nice level. The confetti at the end was a breath of relief :p it had a good difficulty balance (for someone like me at least) while still being fair, I actually wanted to learn from my mistakes instead of ragequitting

shit meant to reply to

No u

Don't die thread

Attached: 1526799625813.gif (340x243, 1.81M)

i'm excited

oh btw, in section e I forgot to point out that the last thwomp (top right) has a parachute that's really hard to see in the image I gave you.

based maturedposter

New level from me, this one's a classic level, set once again in a desert, but at night... and from right to left??
22D-NG2-44G

Why does this image exist

Attached: file.png (728x952, 450K)

Made my first ever level today, it's still not done (2 rooms left) but I would really like any advice/help.

J35-QVV-1MG

the 2 checkpoints are at the start and end of the 2nd ship and more than a few areas have multiple ways of getting past

Play my level:
6D4-Q0R-22H

Reminder to post hot big booby girls so I'm more likely to play your level!

Attached: 1540085591872.jpg (845x1200, 205K)

Do you really think one of the most popular makers out there would visit Yea Forums?

tanooki baseball was made by silentron right?
they're absolutely a Yea Forums maker

I know, I was being epic

>tfw none of your courses will ever go viral

Guess you just gotta get lucky. Everything needs to come together. A cool idea for your level, something memorable that makes people want to share it with their friends, not too difficult, a nice preview image...
Then hope for the best and pray that the moment your course hits popular it can manage to keep up its like/play ratio so it doesn't disappear again right away.

I have been working on a big new level that I'm hoping will tick all those boxes. I guarantee it still won't go viral though, I'm never that lucky.

Cool mini challenges:
Firefighter
MDG-TBF-XQF
You are bombarded with flames and you have to destroy them all with your helmet and tailspin.

Playing Catch With Yourself
BBN-PCC-MJF
Keep throwing and catching a POW without letting it touch the ground.

Midnight Juggler
VVB-NDD-6LG
Juggle two POWs to keep them from touching the ground.

Doors of Time
M7Q-SYY-P1H
Use doors to reverse time. Doors also reset the fuse of bob-ombs.

Attached: whalewave.webm (768x432, 2.89M)

Just make the level fun for yourself man. In the end, what do maker points really do for you?
Don't sell out if you don't want to make those kind of levels, make what you like.

Doesn't Carl lurk Yea Forums?

If he does I've never seen him play any level posted here or anything so idk

if he does, he doesn't browse these threads

oh no it's a level I want to make and I'm having a lot of fun making it actually especially sequencing the music parts, I just wish one of my levels would explode in popularity like that. I've never even been in the Hot tab before.

The hot tab is weird. I've seen courses with 1 like and 2 plays up there.

yeah I don't understand it either. Even the Popular tab confuses me sometimes as I've seen levels with fewer than 50 players and 10 likes appear in the #1 spot briefly before.

anyone else here try to play every level that's posted

>He only plays levels after they go through a screening from members of his discord to weed out bad levels.

Often, sometimes during the weekend I can't keep up with all the levels, but I've played a lot.

fuck off, cabal user

thats actually true about carl though

>1-1 remake
>they forgot the subworld and the star

Attached: 1563975172082.jpg (640x640, 78K)

What caused his levels to blow up like that? Did a popular streamer showcase his levels? Tanooki baseball might be explained with the popular tab, but most of his other levels wouldn't do well in that environment.

Once you get a level into the tens of thousands of plays and likes, all your other levels will also blow up cause people will check out your other stuff and you'll get lots of plays on everything.

His chain chomp level also had great success before the tanooki one, which is fair since it was super well made and fun. But I think it's an outlier compared to most in the popular tab, would say that chain chomp mines can already be put towards the upper end of difficulty you'd see appear there.

Well that rules out every level from here LOL!

>pixel art thumbnail
>easy and unique gimmick
>very hard to die
>not braindead easy
>overall high quality
>kickstarted in likes by Yea Forums

If you want to have a shot at getting your level into popular, try to aim for at least about 50+ plays with a 40% like ratio. More plays and a better ratio will obviously help. Then it seems like the level might appear in popular about ~2 days after you upload it give or take a bit.

Every early boo you get hurts a lot.

I didn't play the first game, but is MM2 worth it if you're not much of a creator and just want to play different levels?

can you tell when you get a boo?

yeah, it's pretty damn fun

i just lurk here for new levels

Yes

Aight, thanks anons

>poobear, barb, carl etc. make troll levels
>omg that's so good haha that troll YES XD I love it
>anyone else makes a troll level
>instant boo&skip get that shit out of here

>sell your soul
Easy, get some mouth breathing streamer to play your level

OMG we live in a socoiety

twitch.tv/nokduro
>Tries each level once before skipping and boo'ing
the absolute state

I'm not going to watch your stream user.

I'm not Korean, user

>advertising some slant-eye's stream
why?

Thanks for playing man. Sorry about the misfortune with the boss you’re the first one that I’m aware of to have any kinda real trouble with him. The general idea is to stay on the rightish side of the screen, most of the bombs he throws should be to your left so you can kick them away, and the blasters aren’t so bad as long as you stay directly over them and count down the shot times.

It’s funny you say one cannon less cause originally it WAS only 4 instead of 5 but 4 seemed too easy to me. I’ll probably strip one out when I go to patch the whole series, making unique bosses is tricky, especially around this point cause I need to step up the intensity but not by a crazy margin yet. Couple other things slipped past me as well which is why I really wish there was a beta test mode you could send to friends or something before you upload it. I try playing through when I’m testing from as many different play styles or skill levels as I can but sadly I’m not perfect.

I will when I get home, currently at work for the next 6 hours.

TBG-6D1-DWG

currently at 0% clear rate with 3000+ attempts.

>3DW

read the bible

Your levels are really good, but you over use coins and 1ups, especially coins. There is no incentive to collecting them, because the levels spam them at you in such high amounts anyways.

is there a picture book version of it

Carl uses an alt account because it would be a bad look to use Yea Forums. You will never guess which user he is , but he plays a lot of our levels.

I love Zankioh!

>500 second speedrun

Attached: 1564349299150.jpg (300x300, 27K)

D13-YSY-MYG

8P0-6DP-SVF

BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTTTTT

Just uploaded, would appreciate feedback:

SMB1.5 2-3 Sunstroke (BRAND NEW)
>GQW-4BH-Y0G

Really well made level. Probably the nicest usage of the sun igniting things gimmick I've seen.

thanks, was the difficulty about right for a world 2 course (i.e. easy/normal)?

yeah, I found it easy so its good for a world 2.

How do I make a course as good as the best creators here who get thousands of plays?

watch every maker tutorial

Either make easy traditional levels or make easy gimmick levels.

Very nice dude, haven't seen something like this before. Fun and thematically sound.

Some of my levels, from new to old:

You can (note) jump
D76-C7Y-B2H
Easy speedrun with note blocks

Clawin' around
NMJ-GT2-2CG
Hard and long'don't touch the ground' course with claws

The trials of Mario
LQB-2RN-RVF
6 rooms where you use a powerup to get to the exit

Buzzy Shell Ridin'
879-GL8-56G
Long-ish course all about riding buzzy beetle shells

Math Test
JWT-GDG-RBG
Asolve the operations to get to the answer of each room (the sfx makes it too easy)

Advanced climbing
DPH-2BC-GHG
Short but needs a lot of precision, one mistake will lose you a bunch of progress

Hop Step Jump!
06J-9N0-VPG
Very hard, bounce on the enemies without touching the ground

Swinging time
69N-9M3-4SF
Short speedrun with the claws

The metal colossus
LML-WF3-KTG
Easy themed level, climb the giran robot's body and disable its engine

Jack and the magic vinestalk
2K3-NJN-0SF
Vertical level about vines with a boss battle at the end

Please play some of them and let me know what you think of them. Link a level ID in your reply and I'll play your level and give feedback.

Attached: 0ccf5e551a99daf600288108f5312d25.jpg (677x1600, 239K)

Played the first two
>Note Jump
A bit simplistic even for me, mainly because you never have to aim after you hit the first note block, so long as you jump off right you'll finish it. It's alright and super short, but in the future maybe experiment a bit with making players try to aim their landing spot as well. Can certainly up the challenge a lot too.
>Clawin' around
Now that's more like it. You keep mixing it up and introducing new ways to play around with the claws. It's a lot of fun and has challenging parts. Well done, especially liked the skewer section and everything after it.

Bowsers Box Building Bonanza
GND-HYL-50G

My first level, took me a bit to upload this.

I don't know what it is, but for me 30% of the time when I do up+y to procure a box I instead do a hammer smash
It's been happening since day 1 for me and it makes me mad

Yeah, it's janky as fuck, but there is some kind of rhythm to it, didn't happen that often anymore after playing the level for a while. Still not sure though why a hammer smash happens if it does though.

Wet Woods: LBV-FHQ-DTF
Traditional SMW forest level except I put icicles at the top of the stage. The dripping gives them sort of raining effect, which is why I made water and cheep cheeps a big part of the level's theme.

You just have to hold up on the d pad until he starts wiggling, that’s box spawn position

bretty gud, you stuck to your theme and the whole thing feels incredibly wet all around
Definitely a more traditional stage with fair checkpoints and powerups too.

Thank you Shotty, I appreciate every comment and drawing I get.
Except the "______ gang" posters, they can go fuck themselves

Attached: 1499738515289.jpg (392x400, 15K)

FUCK THE GANGFAGS gang

>Spend 2 weeks making a level
>Get friend to play test it
>He says it's amazing, didn't believe it was my first level
>Try to upload it
>Too hard to beat and upload
Fuck guys sorry

>2 weeks on one level
show some screenshots

If you don't have the patience to beat it what makes you think we will?

is this game any good? I remember getting the first one on wii u and it wasn't that good

its good if you like playing mario

Only levels suitable for anchors are water levels.

>Boat Dungeons3: Underwater City!
8YQ-1R4-WMF

Attached: rip-van-fish.gif (500x500, 52K)

If you didn't like SMM1 you probably won't like SMM2 either.

I'm so bad at Mario I never got past the 2nd castle in SMW, so not being able to beat my own level doesn't say much. But I like to design levels, have ever since Portal 2 came out.

If an item is needed for progress, you should make sure that there is an infinite supply to prevent softlocks.
The boss room is total garbage. It's blatantly clear that you skipped it during the clear check.
Beyond these there aren't any big faults in the level, but there are a lot of small blemishes all over the place.
I'd suggest you gain more experience by playing levels, before attempting to make anything that's more complex or gimmicky than a basic Mario level.

The first bill that younleft out in this clip was ment to warn you.

your friend wants to fuck you

It’s the first game but (mostly) expanded on. There isn’t gonna be much to love here if you weren’t having fun with the first game.

bump

I want to build levels and pay other people to decorate them and make them look nice

why don't you just learn how to decorate?

Takes too much time

why did I want this game
I don't even like 2d mario and I fucking hate all the gimmick stages
I just want platforming

there are plenty people that make straight platforming stages

Just use semi-solid platforms to pretty stuff up, they make a world of difference and aren’t hard to set up right.

Here friend
VF7-N5V-PFG
As straightforward as it gets, literally just run and jump

Only decent levels I've made
QPN-D1K-J0H (Only level from another game I've ever remade but I feel like I did this one justice not 100% sure)
SBL-BRD-K8G
MLW-6XD-YXG

Water levels are so hard to make. Whenever I try to make one it either feels like they are too easy or too hard.

>Make an easy forgiving level in a forest theme that lets players reset back if they fail a jump

>Still have a less than 20% clear rate AND people can't finish

It's the most basic platforming ever

How are people THIS bad?

Retard question but how do I check if my levels have been skipped or have gotten Boos. More curious then anything

I have a level with an easy path or a hard path and the amount of people who haven't cleared it and have died on the easy path is stupid.

And when I say easy I mean it's stupid easy.

Attached: Screenshot (10).png (1920x1080, 785K)

40% is very high clear rate. That falls into easy endless.

Your maker score goes down when you get booed.

That's good but I still feel like it should be over 60% at least. Checking on more info some people haven't even finished it.

Get your friend to beat it. Problem solved.

Attached: thumbs up.png (1080x1080, 897K)

Chomp thwomp mines had sub 100 likes for the first week of its life until a youtuber played it, then it got into the thousands. Tanooki baseball blew up a few days later.

My level features exclusively challenges that can't kill you and has a 25% clear rate. People give up WAY sooner in MM2 than they did in 1.

Oh nice, who played it? Someone like ryukahr or poobear or carl?

Much like everything else in life, even the most brilliant will wallow in obscurity until the elite give them the rub.

People have far less lives in endless than in 100 Mario. Some people will enter your level with one life, die once and get kicked out.

It's because of the skip function having no consequence for doing so. Everyone skips everything that isn't some easy 20sec speedrun. They need to make some kind of consequence for constant skipping

Worse, SML

Don't know that, but either way good stuff man. You deserve it all anyway cause you make superb levels.

>The Big Breakout
>Y42-LJF-LRF
>Lead Mario on his final escape from Bowser's castle, fighting his army on the way to the exit

My first, and so far only course I've made.
I tried to make it medium difficulty with a few tricky bits here and there. I'm not sure how well I pulled that off. I also tried to teach mechanics in earlier parts that you need for later on, and some good aesthetics too.
I'd really appreciate any thoughts on it.