ITT: Unpopular opinons on Yea Forums. I'll start: Nintendo games aren't that good

ITT: Unpopular opinons on Yea Forums. I'll start: Nintendo games aren't that good.

Attached: nintendo games.jpg (920x613, 153K)

i still play on the wii u

Attached: 1520864631802.png (413x413, 288K)

Babbies first contrarian opinion, a real unpopular redpill is that Nintendo makes the best games & contrarians have to make up schizophrenic conspiracy theories because they are unable to comprehend their 30 years of dominance in the industry

Fallout 2 is the best Fallout game.

Its a little weird to say that "nintendo games arent that good" considering how many objective classic games they've made that essentially pioneered or popularized genres/formulas.

Chances are if you dont like any nintendo games, you dont like video games period.

First triggered manchild of the night.

Only retarded shitposters who cant stand pop culture references say this.

I don't see how you can hate them, unless you're an American zoomer that grew up playing Call of Duty and "realistic" movie games like The Last of Us

Too broad and vague, Nintendo has multiple studios and genres. Also babbies first contrarianism.

Capeshit can be good.

This, at the very least, you like the games that copied nintendo, ergo you like nintendo games.

whhaaaaaat? they are good man take that crap back

Attached: 6EB2D11A-11E9-4E7E-AC8D-C5AA3F930706.png (614x471, 178K)

Did you finally stumble onto a mirror?

I like the new reboot Tomb Raider games more than the old ones

Attached: tr 2013.jpg (220x309, 22K)

>dude let me make contrarian opinions for the sake of being contrarian
Here's some actual unpopular opinions on Yea Forums you triple nigger.
Puzzle games are worth full price.
Rhythm Games and Bullet Hells are more than just memorization and people who say that this is untrue just don't want to admit they're bad at them.
Everyone can find games they like in any genre.
Visuals and Music are just as important as gameplay to making a game fun.
There's nothing inherently wrong with the concept of DLC.

Attached: 1467925312215.png (443x553, 236K)

Nintendo games are great
Except for that on in the center of your image, that was garbage.

>ITT: Unpopular opinons on Yea Forums
All JRPGs and From Software games are trash

That's a popular opinion here

Dark Souls 2 is the best Souls game

Attached: ds2.jpg (600x351, 28K)

>There's nothing inherently wrong with the concept of DLC.
Thank you. It's just that a lot of companies are shitlords about it.

Sega Nomad is the best portable console

Attached: Sega-Nomad-Front.jpg (3820x2720, 3.32M)

I have no idea if this is an unpopular opinion, but I think that sandbox games are the best vidya genre, and that we need new good sandbox games that aren't just Minecraft clones.

good for you

I wouldn't say its popular
10% say its garbage, 15% say its meh 60% say its good and 15% say its a masterpiece

Music is just as important, if not more so than graphics.

Diablo 3 lacks some depth, but it feels like the best to play over other modern ARPG games. Path of Exiles especially feels clunky.

TF2 is better than Overwatch in almost every regard.

Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne are the only Souls games worth playing. Demon's Souls is great but feels dated at this point.

>op criticizes nintendo
>seething nintendofags immediately rush into the thread to prove him right that it's an unpopular opinion on Yea Forums
like pottery.

Attached: 1554751487321.jpg (600x600, 28K)

Souls-esque games aren't better than most other ARPGs, they just get fetishized for being difficult.

American boomers and Japanes kids are the prime Nintendo demographics, everyone else doesn't care too much about them

this place really is nintendoGAF. it's kind of sickening, really.

Attached: 1559555125874.png (600x737, 960K)

It's an unpopular opinion for a reason though, because he's wrong

Not him, but you seem upset

I'm not the first guy either I just like calling people manchildren
I have a playstation and a switch and have no strong opinions on one or the other

Mario Kart 8/DX is terrible because of its item balancing

Attached: b_dasher.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Indie games are better than ever provided you avoid the usual slurry of garbage.

Attached: aL92PbbE_700w_0.jpg (534x486, 33K)

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 fucking suck and are the worst 3D mario games.

Contrarian overload coming through

Final Fantasy 6 killed the series
CoD3 was the best MP in the series followed by WaW and the original
Halo 2 was the only good game Bungie ever made
Drake and the 99 Dragons is a decent game if you play it with a mouse
The Clive Barker games are both ass, especially Jericho
HoMM V>3
Opposing Force isnt that great
Mass Effect 3 was better than 2
Warcraft 3's campaign is ok at best
Persona 5 would be the worst Persona if not for IS/EP

Attached: 1361612571246.gif (350x280, 2.59M)

Doom 2016 is just okay

Too many people here don't actually look outside of this echochamber for their world views and opinions.

If you judge a game based on what team your on in terms of consoles or publishers, you're a huge faggot.

If you judge a game because it's trying to appeal to SJW's then you're a fucking perfectly well adjusted and nice person, San Francisco should be eradicated

I like the amount of Fire Emblem fighters in Smash.

Attached: smash_striker__roy_by_tails1000-d9fnx24.png (1025x780, 809K)

JRPGs were better when they took the route of a Final Fantasy 1 or Dragon Warriors 3, and based things around highly customizable parties and characters. I find RPG's without character creation to be nearly unplayable

Shantae is decently fun and has lots of interesting characters. Wayforward is simply squandering the potential for a Shantae RPG.

Attached: shantae1.png (2063x2000, 465K)

The wii controls were pointless and make returning to those games more of a slog than it needed to be.

If it were just the waggle it would be fine but having to use the senor for the first game sucked ass

I think its fine for games/movies/shows etc. to be woke or progressive or whatever the fuck ever that means. It's until it starts affecting the quality of the media that I care.

The last of us is a great game, both in gameplay and story

Attached: tlou.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Killing Nazis in Wolfenstein is nothing to throw a bitch fit over.

Very sheeple of you to spout mainstream views and act like you're a contrarian for having them

this thread is about umpopular opinions on Yea Forums. read the thread before you post

The thread is about unpopular opinons on Yea Forums. It's not about unpopular overall opinions.

And yet you still want to act like you're going against the grain and being a real independent thinker for saying TLOU is good

going against the grain on Yea Forums

P.n.03 was a good game

Attached: pose-jiggle.gif (640x290, 1.4M)

I will agree that Mario Kart 8/DX sucks shit, though mostly because it just feels so soulless and bland. The graphics, animations, music do nothing for me.

Why don't you stick to Instagram if you're so starved for attention?

>Goes into an "unpopular opinions on Yea Forums" thread
>Gets mad that someone posts an unpopular Yea Forums opinion
You're either retarded or trolling

How

I love Sonys 3rd person action-adventure games and I hope the double down on then

Gen 2 is the worst gen and the remakes are bad

This is what Samus should look like

Attached: zmbutt.png (636x348, 383K)

The fifth Generation of video games is easily the worst one out of the past 5

You calling someone else a retard would just be projection. Also shouldn't you be prepping Tyrone to bang your "girlfriend" right now you Want Francisco flamer. The real Last of Us are people willing to call out cucks like you for being take gsmers

I'm not even the guy who said he liked TLOU, I personally think it's garbage. I just think it's stupid to go onto a thread about unpopular opinions and then get mad at someone for posting an unpopular opinion.

So do you watch while he preps the bull or do you help him prep the bull?

Dude the music in that game is out of control, you're just an asshole

I am the bull

That's not a fucking opinion you brainlet

Sure you are. And that wound in between your thighs is a vagina. Sure.

Statements of fact are the most contrarian opinions

It's just that you cannot really say "i dislike nintendo games" just like you would say "i dislike horror films", it's not a genre.
You can hate Mario, Zelda or a few Nintendo consoles, but saying you hate Nintendo make you look as dumb as saying "i hate warner bros movies".

>if you dont like my favorite company the you hate all games. Period!

yeah, and?

i heard it has a good d-pad

Other than Europe for some fucking reason just buy a ps4 Holy fuck

Sorry but botw/mario are a decade behind in technology; each game's the fucking same. If you want to play an actual game play something like splinter cell where it actually offers challenges unlike mario/zelda where shit is literally designed for 9 year olds and offers no intuition

Nintendo games are only popular because of mascots and symbolism and literally toys to herd manchildren and furries. Fuck nintendo products

Attached: 813s58BL47L.png (425x289, 176K)

some of them are good. you have to wade through a sea of mediocrity especially since the wii and onwards. mario is usually a safe bet for something good, zelda is hit or miss, and almost every new ip they do kinda blows.

Attached: 39723302-shave-razor-blade.jpg (1300x938, 109K)

K. Lumsy is the best kremling.

LOL good one. Liked.

Aren't you supposed to use sarcasm when you say stuff like that

What are you talking bout? i like that comeback, it's so clever. I hope you get a blue checkmark

Why would I use a clever comeback on some edgy 14 year old using the phone he got for his birthday to post

Attached: heres your upmorty.gif (126x90, 58K)

ok phoneposter

I won't discount your opinion, but can you explain why? What exactly makes them not good in your eyes?

NV is the worst of out all 3D Fallout, and fallout 4 is by far the most fun.

I agree. I had way more fun Wit Dark Souls 2 than Return-of-the-Jedi-tiered Dark Souls 3

>unpopular opinions
Nintendo is shit

How's middle school treating you?

this. keep your triangle tits and shit design.

Degenerate illiterate cum stained incel, are you dumb? Fucking read

It deserved every bit of praise it got.

Attached: B50F6DB6-3180-4778-B7FB-412B3F544EB7.jpg (1200x630, 238K)

I don't like bloodborne that much
loved the rest of the souls games (including 2)

Octopath is one of the best turn based RPGs in years and most of the people who hates on it are too lazy to use their brain and are too used to just mashing the A button and being rewarded with 30 minutes long cutscenes.

>no tits and shittier design aiming at mediocrity
>good
this thread was literally made for you

realism and photorealism have no place in videogames
scanfaces are utomatically mediocre/ugly
character design must be striking (sexy and/or grotesque)
top tier high budget graphics and good games are mutually exclusive

agree with everything you said but the bottom, there are some exceptions

overwatch is getting good again

Attached: 1563475689312.jpg (483x531, 69K)

mostly agreed. realism defeats the purpose of games for me
cute girl characters enhance gameplay

>Visuals and Music are just as important as gameplay to making a game fun.

Visuals and Music are optional, heck, even story.
People didn't play Metal Slug for the story.
People didn't play Minecraft for visuals/graphics.
I submit the only thing that matters is gameplay and replay value.
Graphics only matter to a degree of interaction.

But hey, it's just my opinion.

Attached: 1559875962900.gif (500x375, 1.21M)

Based.

Gameplay and Story don't need to be separated because the former can be used to tell the latter and the leading companies in the industry are holding the medium back since they're busy making funny-fun-fun games only or cool shüt game with "immersive" graphics instead of realizing the mediums full potential.

Do you know how awful and boring MegaMan Legends would be without proper graphics and audio? The dungeons would lose their creepy ominous atmosphere and the game feel would be significantly worse without the sound effects that give visual feedback to MegaMan's actions. Also we wouldn't have the memorable characters without it. Sometimes fun isn't the only objective of a game. People don't play horror for fun.

What are you talking about the visuals in Minecraft are part of the main appeal

So they do one thing great years ago and that means that their games must still be relevantly good? Maybe the guy here who's pozzed is you faggot. Anyone can do something revolutionary but once you milk that formula and do the same thing for years, then you dont deserve the credit you get. I bet you buy into disney magic too you dildo-sitting pseud

Dude just save up your allowance and get a computer

>Hope you hate functional 3D cameras bro!

Here's an unpopular opinion: there isn't a single Nintendo game out there better than indie games like Terraria. This doesnt make them bad by any means, but Nintendo can NEVER come close to this almost masterpiece of a game. Why? I'll give you 5 reasons off the bat:

>8 years of free DLC
>absolute focus on gameplay first. Story is not allowed to exist. Music, graphics, voice acting and all that filth are minimized
>no disgusting DRM. The GOG version objectively makes it better than the steam version since you actually own the game. Daddy Nintendo and daddy gabe newell can't take it away from you at the drop of a hat due to some BS clause in their EULA. This is a victory for consumer rights where the consumer actually owns their game, and they're not just renting it.
>devs actively listen to their fanbase and take notes from them. For example, after looking at the modding scene, they're officially implementing ideas like boss health bars and expanded storage
>they actively told Epic Games to go screw themselves, saying that they would never sell out for exclusivity deals

Now, you're free to disagree with all of this. You can call me a faggot if you want. But let this be my reasoning for why I think this way. Even Nintendo's highest achieved game, Breath of the Wild, falls short of Terraria.

Attached: terraria-cover.jpg (271x377, 33K)

Maybe because FO4 has console mods and new Vegas doesn’t
Outside that lol no

This
I play video games to escape reality
In the future when I make video games myself I only hope my fanbase will accept more games at slightly uglier or just HD graphics instead of all this overpriced 4K shit.

Overwatch is great for casual fun
Nintendo makes good games (sometimes)
Sony makes good games (sometimes)
League of Legends has extremely good character design and at least they thought a bit about lore and worldbuilding
Skyrim isn't as bad as you make it
Waifubait is a big red flag in video games
I don't care about a characters race, sexuality or gender, as long as it's sensible and not just "LOOK AT US WE PROGRESSIVE NOW!"
There's nothing wrong with object mons, if done correctly

Attached: 1562305094337.gif (320x514, 1.92M)

Sure thing, I build computers. You sure you dont want me to spend money on nintendo cardboard instead

Then why are you posting on a phone loser

>he doesnt believe that all products of a same company can be related

Attached: 1jysrn.jpg (499x346, 29K)

kingdom hearts, mainly the console games, is very enjoyable

What happeen if i 20iq does that make interger error overflow and git me smarts?

Attached: Sonic totem.jpg (2268x3024, 1.29M)

It was good, people complained the story wasn’t some huge good vs evil fight but that is why I liked it. Fairly average people going on adventures.

>Skyrim isn't as bad as you make it
Fuck you

Overwatch and fortnite are fun games everybody is praising minecraft right now because of memes and is ignoring that minecraft was hated 5 years ago

Attached: 1562326390262.gif (144x192, 858K)

>top tier high budget graphics and good games are mutually exclusive
>What is crysis
>What is nu-doom
>What is burnout
>What is forza horizon
>What is dark souls
>What is mirror's edge
>What is MGS
This can go on for a while user. Having a good presentation isn't necessarily done at expense of gameplay and mechanics.

put 10 hours into botw a few weeks ago on cemu and the shrines make me not want to play it anymore. Also my list for a switch is quiet short atm very little reason to get it. Odyssey, Smash, Mario Maker, Fire emblem gonna wait for smt whenever that comes before getting one I'd say

Add dark souls to that list. The switch has the best console version, it's basically the original without any of the performance issues, and none of the poor visual choices the "remaster brought", like removing the bloom and revealing the ugly skybox.

Why when I can play on pc with a better controller and 60fps on a big screen in 1080

western games are shit.

I don't know how controversial this is but, my god, console games are expensive. I've been spoiled by cheap vidya on my computer. Do people really pay upwards of 40 bong dollars for games?

whats up with angry nintendorks swarming this thread? just fuck off

Zelda games are overrated

I hate hollowknight for being a bad metrovania/souls game

Every example proved his point aside from MGS and DS cause japs

I like Nintendo games but then I come to Yea Forums and their fans make me dislike Nintendo games

The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are super boring and bullshit. Explores of Sky especially

I don't like watermelons. They taste boring as fuck.

He said "on Yea Forums", so he's correct. Nintendo is liked here (unsurprisingly, considering how good their games are). Liking Nintendo is a contrarian opinion in normalfag infested shitholes like most of the rest of the internet.

FF6 is terribly written and boring as fuck. The music is mediocre and the worldbuilding is just trash.

I didn't like FF7 even at the time it came out.

just an incredibly broad and dumb statement.

>X isn't good
>criticizing
stating a vague opinion is not criticizing, at all

and the gameplay is also mediocre

I actually hate Pokémon games and think they're boring but I play the games anyway because they're the only monster collection games that don't end when the story does and the worlds are quite big.

that's the popular opinion among adults that aren't manchildren or trannies, though

>ME HATE GAME BECAUSE SOULLESS
this meme needs to end

Not always, but they can make An otherwise boring game, into something worth playing.

Attached: F35AD848-E309-497B-9C6F-AE34C0E97D67.jpg (600x442, 116K)

>So they do one thing great years ago
and done. that SHOULD be enough to garner some respect for the impact on the industry.

I love nintendo games so much that I wish they aren't exclusives so that they can be played on a non n-gage tier hardware.

Attached: 5ab9d900631931338395ce0d2bd9e5b8.jpg (1700x1700, 184K)

True, I'm just speaking up about the things it usually gets it dick sucked for.

If they weren't exclusive, they wouldn't be as good because they would have no reason to be.

What you should be wishing for is for nintendo to get their heads out of their asses, make a console with good specs, and treat their best dev studios better.

Fire Emblem games are the best tactical RPGs the genre has to offer.

Unyeah

It was just a really broad and dumb statement, If you say zelda isn't good or mario isn't good then fine.

but like mario, zelda, metroid, fire emblem, ect are ALL bad. and none of the franchises have good games is a opinion that deserves reprimanded.

Assault Rifles ruined first person shooters.

How is it surprising that FPS games feel homogenized when they're all designed around a gun that's hitscan, rapid fire, effective at both long and close range, and headshot capable? They have no interesting strengths or weaknesses to play around, leading to really boring player interactions. Because they're good at everything it means all that the other weapons have to be boring too since they have to be boiled down to a single niche. They don't use physics in an interesting way. They don't allow for fun movement techniques and if anything they shut down fun movement (see: Titanfall 2). They put a hamper on map design since the level designer has to account for players being able to kill each other at almost all times.

Most Japanese devs are bad at boss fights too.

>Saying X isn't THAT good means you think it's bad
Thanks for reminding me that Yea Forums is in the double digit club.

You know when Sega stopped being a first party developer they started declining fast. If Nintendo were to go third party they'd suffer the same fate.
just fucking get a PC that can emulate the games if you want their first party stuff on more powerful hardware, emulation isn't that far behind for the Switch

>Adults
lmao

Not him but Yuzu looks like it's just gonna be a BotW 2 emulator. No one is even bothering to try work on games that could actually benefit from emulation.

lolololol Nintendo is only relevant because of what they did with the SNES. There games are mediocre trash heaps that are only liked because of the name behind it.

O please, prime example of how it's only Nintendo's name that people respect, not the games. Name a single game they've made that pioneered anything, and it can't be a game on the 64.....O that's right, there is none. And don't even say BOTW, that game is a prime example of a terrible nintendo game only liked because of the name.

Worst opinion in this thread. Dark Souls on Switch is virtually unplayable.

That's why I refused to use anything but the EPG when playing TitanFall 2

Nintendo fans are the worst and Nintendo has been running on nostalgia for the past decade. Their games are shit designed for brain dead children.

This. I love Zelda and Metroid, but Nintendo fans are basically cultists. If you dare offer the most innocuous criticism, you're instantly snoy, normie, etc.

The Souls games are all complete shit

Attached: 93B32AD6-D5F2-49D0-8E4E-382EE0376643.jpg (150x188, 26K)

Attached: 1564464811089.jpg (720x537, 60K)

What makes it unplayable?

I hadn't ever played DS before the Switch and I've been enjoying it.

'
Based. The last part is too true.

No, no it didn't. This game is the eptiome of only liked because of the name. BOTW is the WORST openworld game I've ever played, it's only a Zelda game by name and aesthetics, and it's implementation of it's mechanics are laughably bad.

Metroid prime
also BOTW is good you fucking contrarian

Attached: 1564479915237.jpg (480x539, 26K)

Why do Nintendo fans always get Baited so hard

Why do Sonies let Nintendies live in their heads rent free?

Undertale is the best game ever made.

Attached: 462.png (1280x1316, 880K)

Pretty much
Hell bayonetta 2 on CEMU is still unplayable
The Yuzu version is the same if not more unplayable

Except i'm actually a Nintendo fan I just have the mental capacity to recognize cheap bait when I see it

Because they don’t have games.
Plus 90% of actual PS4 owners are austistic fifa fags

I know emulation isn't perfect, but for whatever reason it really irks me when people say they want Nintendo to go third party because their hardware is underpowered, while not owning powerful enough hardware to emulate Nintendo devices.

I refuse to get a playstation because if Yea Forums is any indication, it literally turns you retarded.

years of free DLC
this is generic and not necessarily a reason why Terraria is so good
>>absolute focus on gameplay first. Story is not allowed to exist. Music, graphics, voice acting and all that filth are minimized
Nintendo also focuses on gameplay first, then they put some story on their game that either is irrelevant or gets slightly in the way
>>no disgusting DRM. The GOG version objectively makes it better than the steam version since you actually own the game. Daddy Nintendo and daddy gabe newell can't take it away from you at the drop of a hat due to some BS clause in their EULA. This is a victory for consumer rights where the consumer actually owns their game, and they're not just renting it.
this has nothing to do with the game's design, that's just your obsession with products, and even then, Nintendo has provided physical games to this day, so I don't get what you're going on with this even if it was relevant
>>devs actively listen to their fanbase and take notes from them. For example, after looking at the modding scene, they're officially implementing ideas like boss health bars and expanded storage
this is not necessarily why Terraria is so good, and it can backfire on them, and Nintendo has heard criticism in the past too, so it's not an argument for what you proposed
>>they actively told Epic Games to go screw themselves, saying that they would never sell out for exclusivity deals
that's really cool, again, but once again it has nothing to do with the game itself being good or bad, that's product/company/consumer practices
>Even Nintendo's highest achieved game,
to me Majora's Mask is a better game than BotW, and they made it by accident, but I understand why you'd pick BotW to directly compare to Terraria, Terraria has better exploration, progression and bosses, despite it being sort of randomly generated (BotW still has its merits of course, but yeah)

Attached: 1554277692465.jpg (931x1000, 152K)

BoTW is heavily overrated

He said unpopular on Yea Forums

PC gaming is better when it comes to specs, but there hasn't been a must-play PC exclusive in more than a decade.

The EGS is fine because it gives me free games for doing absolutely nothing.

Attached: yucky.jpg (634x422, 76K)

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is better than Sonic 3& Knuckles.

Attached: Sonic2.jpg (220x309, 24K)

Are you Irish?

He said best console edition.

How exactly is it unplayable? it runs at 1080p docked, 720p handheld, doesn't drop under 30 fps like it did on ps3/360 and is visually more faithful to the original than the remaster is.

Kirby: Planet Robobot is painfully average.

lol You have pisspoor taste if you think BOTW is good you nimrod. You can see how bad it is if you get Nintendo's cock out of your mouth.

Fucking Just Cause 2 is better than BOTW.

Did you just use the word Nimrod

Attached: Dvm3PQiUwAAZpAC.jpg (750x741, 53K)

Zack and wiki was a great game and need a sequel

Attached: sdscc.png (220x312, 158K)

I enjoy nuDoom more than Classic Doom.

Not him, but BOTW is one of my favorite games ever, in spite of its flaws. I really liked the exploration and the sense of wonder.