Will arcades ever make a comeback? Please say yes

Will arcades ever make a comeback? Please say yes.

Attached: 537961-hi-score-girl-9873-1.jpg (1200x675, 93K)

Yes.

No. GaaS it's the superior way to milk people.

No.

maybe

No, SoulCalibur killed them because it was the 2nd most acclaimed game of all time when it came out due to how flawless of a transition from arcades it was

no people dislike p2w and micro transactions now

No, everything is on phone now. They're dying even in Japan. There's no hope.

i love this show

Why would they?
Closest thing are gamer bars in third world countries were the people can't afford consoles.

terrible terrible cgi taste

phone already does better job cashing in on idiots

Arcades made a HUGE comeback in the mid-00's. The problem is that Amazon killed malls across America, and the arcades operated inside those malls.

Just go live in Japan

I read the first chapters of the manga.
Really got a little feely with the guy getting his only pride in life trashed.
Does it get better after?

yes i recommend you keep going

>tfw no gf who gits gud for you

Attached: 1553794950434.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Unironically yes, but not soon, and not like you expect.
The future is VR arcades.

Eventually VR will demand more processing power than is reasonable to expect from consumer PCs, not to mention simulating physical sensations like wind and smells might require specialized hardware that may be too expensive for the average consumer.

That being said, it also depends how long it'll take for neural implants to receive mainstream adoption as well, because then they just could tell your brain to make you feel cold or taste food or smell flowers.

Attached: 1562457793568.jpg (601x625, 73K)

There's literally no reason for arcades to come back. They already died when gaming at home became ubiquitous, now you don't even have to be at home to play full-scale video games. Arcades are totally archaic and pointless at this point, sad to say.

No. They always failed for the same reasons.

No upkeep and not having the latest games. Nobody learned a damn thing and all the revival attempts had the same problems.

Why does the best girl always lose?
She deserved better.

Attached: 1559343630342.jpg (526x481, 23K)

they kindve already have, there is two "barcades" now in my city that are traditional arcades but with a bar in it. also there's Dave and Buster's in America, which isn't a traditional arcade but still gets new games made for it every year they are just a lot of shitty light gun movie tie ins

Fuck, I thought if they stayed alive in Japan they could stand a chance since weebs could popularize what's trendy. But if it's over in Japan then there's absolutely no hope.

>this show gives Darkstalkers so much free advertising, yet Capcom still refuses to touch it

Attached: 258.jpg (490x503, 110K)

I doubt it

Retro arcde bars are becoming the latest fad near me though

most of them don't really get it though. Just buy a couple of cheap second hand machnes (whatever shite they can get) then call it a day

Arcades nowadays don't have state of the art graphics. VR arcade games, especially those that look far better then what we got now, is still far away from reality.

Season 2 when?

Are you going to be an organ donor?
Please say yes please say yes please say yes please say yes please say yes please say yes

It'd be cool if they did. A social ground to go hang for young people would be nice. Malls are dead, there's nowhere to fucking go.

While that sounds like good news I feel like there would be a huge disconnect with everyone being in their own world. Also I wouldn't want to be pickpocketed.
But I'd still go to one with friends.

Solution! Fifty cents for thirty minutes or something. Instead of paying every time you die you just pay for time. People would accept that more.

This is bullshit, the community experience of an arcade is irreplaceable, If you were into any fighting game at your local arcade before, you'd know that it's way better and more personal than any form of online play, that's why people hold locals, even if they don't wholly replace the arcade experience.

Did the manga end? Last I check, they reused that plot of Ono leaving to America and him chasing her.

The best girl won though. I dunno why you're posting that smelly one.

It's funny, because they dangle it in everyone's faces in every possible way except for a new game of it's own. The show was even a big deal at EVO last year.

October this year, not sure when on Netflix but I hope soon enough.

Got kinda tired of that will they won't they shit. They were perfect together, can we just have them get together officially for fucks sake.

What is good about arcades?

>be broke kid watching older guy play fightan
>guy has to go to the bathroom, sees me watching for a while and asks me to take over
>just mash buttons, lose badly
>guy walks by again and says at least I tried
I miss that

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I WANNA TASTE HER DELICIOUS PUSSY

The manga ended last year, apparently.

Holy shit is that Street Fighter 1 with the pressure sensitive buttons?

you are a bunch of nostalgia faggots. You can play playstation games in you cellphone but you want a big ass console that uses coins to work.

That’s literally almost word for word his reaction to finding this old machine

Yes, the show is great for that type of stuff.

>brother was watching this anime
>I kept getting distracted by the awful cgi

Is the anime even good?

I think the guy with glitter shit around him was cool as fuck.

>anime about video games
>the cgi is god-awful
Fucking why fucking japan

Yup, It's really good not even memeing

I agree that it won't happen anytime soon, but if VR advances faster than neural tech I think it's inevitable.

>I feel like there would be a huge disconnect with everyone being in their own world.
True. I guess they wouldn't really be arcades in the sense that you probably wouldn't be able to go machine to machine.
Maybe it'd be more like you pay and get a room to experience VR for x amount of time. Having rooms per group would also mitigate the pickpocketing issue you mentioned. But again it wouldn't be much like an arcade at this point.

Attached: 1552701239504.jpg (600x600, 84K)

It ended, Akira leaves yet again and Yaguchi promises to be worthy of her the next time they meet, they never actually get together

>I think the guy with glitter shit around him was cool as fuck.
Fabulous characters are always cool as fuck.

>thought the autist that tries to buy friends was cool

He has a funny voice and seems like the true lonely loser compared to the chad mc

Can your mom do a suplex?

Attached: namie-yaguchi-147177.jpg (350x490, 38K)

The videogames in the anime are actual videogames, that should be enough considering it's the main focus.

Pretty much, he does grow out of it a bit though

Arcades were neat in their day. Now im 27 though, so wont I immediately get accused of being a pedo if I walk into an arcade today?

Arcades always were filled with mostly teenagers and adults rather than children, unless you're thinking of chuck e cheese or something.

Just move to Japan.

That's a very nice mommy

Truly the best girl in this show

All the arcades in my area shit down 10 - 15 years a go because the were a hot spot for drug pushers

Video games are far more socially acceptable today then they were before so I'm sure there would be a good share of adults bullshiting around after work.

Haruos dad knocked her up in high school huh

that's what dave and busters and main events are for

That's because fighting games themselves are archaic and a living relic of past game design, arcades won't be coming back because a niche genre basically demands for it

>tfw no femdom gf

Attached: 1537640213828.jpg (1280x720, 384K)

What would Haruo think of mobile games?

>That's because fighting games themselves are archaic
Zoom zoom!

Attached: 142532374839.gif (680x498, 224K)

It has a special charm to it, but Yea Forums calls it soul because everyone is a smooth brain.

Attached: 1534869483121.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Hidaka is literally perfect

Attached: 1066843.jpg (750x445, 53K)