Just started and Holy fuck, 3 hour intro and the controls are fucking retarded

Just started and Holy fuck, 3 hour intro and the controls are fucking retarded.
How do people enjoy this game?

Attached: 220px-Mgs3box.jpg (220x310, 37K)

Let me guess, you hate movies.

>controls are fucking retarded.
Git gud nincel

I'll throw you a bone. Use the D-pad to sneak up quietly on soldiers.

You shoot the gun with x, and you cant aim properly. How the fuck can you defend that.

some games it's about becoming retarded so you like them more

its an improved control scheme from mgs2 which was an improved control scheme from mgs1

play the games in order and you'll learn how to appreciate

I'M STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL IN A DREEEEEEEEEAM

SNAKE EATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

MGS3 Subsistence is peak MGS and it's been downhill ever since

yes i agree

stop playing it, it's not for you i guess

why is shooting with x considered a bad thing

TPS controls were shit until RE4 and Gears of War

If you're playing the version in the OP and not Subsistence you need to change that. Yes, the camera in the original is TERRIBLE and wasn't made for it. It made me hate the game. This is fixed in Subsistence.

>if you play games with shit controls bad controls seem ok in comparison!
no shit sherlock, anything else you want to enlighten us with?

I'm playing on the xbone

Nigga which version? One in the OP or Subsistence?

>not subsistence
you fucked up my boy

its a stealth game, your character isn't supposed to be a one man unstoppable killing machine with laser aiming. Your actions have weight, aiming preciously takes time, you need to plan ahead but still be able to improvise.

You have to earn being a badass by mastering the fundamentals. You can still pull off some action hero stunts in this game but you have to work for it. It isn't handed to you.

Stop being a zoomer who needs every game to play like a third person shooter and spend some time getting used to the controls.
>spending three hours on the fucking intro

>3 hour intro is bad
Oh fuck off retard. The virtuous mission did a great job in setting up the rest of the game.

I cant even look up the controls from the pause menu dumbass. And I'm not trying to be a killing machine, I'm trying to shoot the gun while moving or even fucking fire in third person which this shit game cant do.
This game's controls are not of this century you boomer retard.

>Shooting with X
Xbox 360 version?

>playing the 360 version over superior PS3
Though since you're a moron you'd probably complain about the pressure sensitive buttons.

honestly user i think maybe video games aren't for you. Its okay user. You wanna play go fish with mommy instead?

While I think OP is clearly baiting, I have to say that, playing MGS Peace Walker again, it's hilarious to see Snake running around. It's like he's this half-dead person who just doesn't give a fuck.

>I'm trying to shoot the gun while moving or even fucking fire in third person which this shit game cant do
You've got a way to fall.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1380979842938.jpg (267x261, 21K)

None of those have the clearly superior monkey mask and minigame.

>people suddenly defending metal gear solid's controls
wanna know how I know none of you played the games when they came out?

Are you going to answer whether you're playing the original or the newer version subtitles Subsistence or not? That is most likely the issue.

I wonder how OP would react if he had to play the original version of MGS3. I mean, the one with the top-down perspective where you can barely see what's in front of you.

are you that retard from the project m thread?

That's dumb. I played MGS before it even came out religiously on demo disc. MGS's gameplay is arguably better than its story.

On one hand, the Subsistence camera kind of completely trivializes the motion detector, direction mic and active sonar outside of The End's fight.
On the other hand, fuck me it makes the game so much better to play when the screen isn't one big green mess.

Just wait until you get to The Fear boss battle bro save yourself the trouble and just buy subsistence

Attached: Metal Gear Solid 3_ Subsistence.jpg (600x800, 423K)

I closed the game, after seeing no prompts come up when I held someone up, and putting away my gun instead shooting, I gave up. The phantom pain is a better game.

You know what, annoying as OP is for avoiding this question, if he's playing on Xbone it must be Subsistence. I think the original regular version was only ever released on PS2.

because kojima

Dude read the fucking manual before you start

you got to 1st person mode to aim the gun.

but you can easily beat The Fear in less than 3 minutes.

FOR THE DAYYYYY WE SEE NEW LIGHTTT
I GIVE MY LIFE NOT FOR HONOR BUT FOR YOUUUUU

Since this is a bait thread, I have a couple of questions
is the Snake from Super Smash bros Solid or big boss or some fucked up hybrid

Because newer gamers expect that shit to all be on the rear button scheme. Which didn't become a staple until later. I played these games when they were new and still had some trouble but I can imagine for lil zoom it's even more of a challenge. Still it's worth to learn, but I still always see bitches complain. Sad!

Yeah the HD collections have Subsistence so that's not the issue

Yes the game definitely has a bit of an entrance barrier. It's one of those things very worth sticking with though as it will trump most experiences by the end.