twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

of what

That's not Brawl Minus

Zoomer please go

?????

Using Google is hard!

I miss it bros

????

I like it, but why the hell did they remove ganondorf's warlock punch for a shitty float/cape attack?

I modded the game so if you held a button down while selecting one of the girls, they would be nude.

>Made brawl a better game
>will forever be memed on as some shit created by butthurt melee fans who couldn’t let go

Attached: 8EA93E74-FF8F-4C2F-86B7-F039D5A8C3BF.jpg (880x480, 69K)

That attack was turned into his taunt, and was given more range, knockback, and damage output.

>he didn't main Ivysaur

It's the only acceptable "competitive" smash. Melee is disastrously unbalanced, buggy and only has a handful of stages. Smash 4 still feels limited in movement and is insanely read heavy but a godsend over brawl. Project M had unique playstyles, toolkits and pacing no other game can replace. I'm still seething at the stealth cease and desist from Nintendo.

>c&d from nintendo

>Melee is disastrously unbalanced, buggy and only has a handful of stages.
Want to know how I know you don't know what you're talking about?

legacy xp/ce has my boy geno at least. if he got into ultimate, i probably wouldn't give a shit for project m anymore. for now, though, i play both.

Remember that time when strongbad, 3 other PM guys and some riot artists made a shitty melee clone that had sub 100 players in like 2 days. It was made in unity and had like 6 frames of input lag. The Fox clone was initially broken as shit too, more so than the OG Fox.

project m is unironically better and more fun than ultimate. dolphin netplay is much more playable than the shitty service nintendo is making some of you faggots pay for.

the funny thing is I know a lot of melee competitive players didn't even like it, out of my local scene melee was always way bigger and we were a pretty decently sized pm region. at the top level m2k and armada played it a bit but others like leffen and hax trashed it. they added a lot of gimmicky shit but every character had a lot of mechanical depth, it really reminded me of a game like blazblue where each character has really unique shit you have to learn even if it isn't balanced amazingly (although it is also way more balanced than other smash games). my friends and I always ended up playing it in college during downtime and despite none of them being into competing they preferred it over smash 4 when that came out just because there was more fun shit to mess around with in pm.

That was clearly the implication, that piece of shit behind VGBootcamp dropped it too on the grounds of being afraid of getting sued by Ninty.

geno is a fucking meme
you play project m for the varied gameplay and fuck ultimate

literally has only 6 competitively legal stages you knuckle head, and the same 4 characters routinely dominate the top 8
>but muh ax and whizzy

out the hundreds of majors this game has had, this is only the FIRST time that ever happened

>Project M forgotten
>Melee is just about dead

Feels good

Melee has a higher percentage of viable characters than Brawl, Tr4sh, or Ultimate

Mmm, still no proof.

Thats objectively false.

Also OP, Brawl minus is better than PM.

The cape attack is supposed to be Dead Man's Volley. Far more accurate to Ganon than a bootleg Falcon Punch

More accurate maybe but less fun. Warlock punch is just as iconic to smash than falcon punch at this point.

no it didn't. take a look at the top 8 of every tr4sh 4 or ultimate major and you will see a much more diverse set of contenders. also the power discrepancy between the high tiers and the low tiers is the most unbalanced a smash game has ever been. The good characters in melee were REALLY STRONG and the bad characters were EXTRAORDINARILY WEAK. At least in ultimate or project M you have a chance if you main a mid/low tier

Ivysaur had a fucking one hit kill laser beam

Unbalanced trash

His up tilt, side-b and DORIYAHHHHH are more "iconic" than his Falcon clone moves for sure

>Thats objectively false.
Number of actually viable characters in 64: 5/12 -- 41%
Number of actually viable characters in Melee: 9/26 -- 34%
Number of actually viable characters in Brawl: 10/38 -- 26%
Number of actually viable characters in Smash 4: 11/58 -- 18%
Actually viable in this case means capable of winning a major tournament. Maybe I was mistaken in listing Ultimate since we don't have enough results yet to know for sure how many characters are actually viable.

>REEEEEEEEEE MUH CLONES REEEEEEEEE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE DONUT STEAM OC MOVE BETTAR!11!1

About sums it up

you are seriously under estimating the viability of the smash 4 and ultimate roster in order to prove your point

I'm seething with you 100% and as much as I want to pin it on Nintendo I really can't. Yeah Nintendo has been litigious on rom hacks absolutely, and it was because of this reputation that ultimately lead to this outcome but Nintendo themselves didn't actually lift a legal finger for pm, it was all that retarded 'video game attorney' Ryan Morrison I think is his name that scared the shit out of the dev team by telling him what COULD happen in a fantasy doomsday scenario that technically isn't wrong but had no basis considering Nintendo, to my knowledge, has never financially ruined the lives of any rom hackers.

Pretty sure what happened is that he told them they wouldn't prosecute them as rom hackers but as a group that was illegally supplying people with copyrighted files that were on their website, the ones you needed to download and put on an SD card in order to get pm running.

t. Someone who was a dev on a high profile fan game

The only good thing about this is Warlock Ganondorf and even then, it still feels like a janky, fan made mess.

PM is smash kino

Read:
>Actually viable in this case means capable of winning a major tournament.

It's still alive in other ways. There are various mods and mod packs out there and many of them are well-made.

Legacy XP adds a lot of the favorites a lot of people here have like Shadow, Geno, and Ridley. There's a mod of that called Smash Bros. CE that adds Lyn and Toad as well.

Project+ is being worked on too. They gave Bowser a new run animation and a fireball, as well as all sorts of other various smaller changes.

youtube.com/watch?v=26hGmmBNEjA

Attached: LXP200-51.jpg (1920x1080, 2.33M)

It's funny because smash ult has gimmicks on almost every new character and leffen plays it and bitches constantly about that game.

>I'm still seething at the stealth cease and desist from Nintendo.
Hoax, given how fucking hard the PM staff that moved on to do Icons were trying to cover up any further discussion of PM. Nothing ever happened to the guy that leaked his dev-build with Lyn and Knuckles, by the way.

>it still feels like a janky, fan made mess.
No less so than actual Brawl did.

PM has gimmicks but every character still has multiple tools and ways to actually use that character.

In Ultimate you basically have to play each character a certain way.

To be fair, Leffen is gonna be a whiny fucking bitch about every game he ever touches because that's just who he is:a salty bitch that can play well from time to time. He literally gets mad at everything, I can't believe he actually streams while having that fucking attitude. What a handful that fag is.

so according to your stats, you think melee pikachu has a better chance of winning a major than smash 4 marth? lol want me to tell you how i know you don't know what your talking about?

no fun allowed

Attached: 1439680223550.jpg (625x938, 113K)

>you don't know what your talking about
>your
Sorry, I don't talk to retards. Why didn't you finish high school?

>In Ultimate you have to play each character a certain way
Not really

I was in the same boat. Played it a lot with friends, liked it over 4. Same deal, this game was not something meleefags really liked. It was its entirely own thing and I dont really get why people can't understand this. It's still my favorite smash bros by far and I couldn't care less about melee on a competitive level.

PM is the best platform fighter, period. I still play it with my bros from time to time. It's the best.

Second best is Slap City.

Today I will remind Yea Forums that custom robo was featured at CEO 2018
youtube.com/watch?v=XCpQsb7DbgU&t=807s
Today I will remind Yea Forums that it has a super passionate grassroots community that is trying to develop the game more
Today I will remind Yea Forums that custom robo has a surprising amount of depth for the kind of game it is
Today I will remind Yea Forums that there should be more unique e-sports such as rocket league and smash bros. which don't fit into a specific mold but rather do their own thing and have a steep but rewarding learning curve
Today I will remind Yea Forums that it is up to you guys, the players, if you want the game to have an anther's ladder equivalent for netplay, and potentially regular major tournament events

Attached: 2019-07-30 00_11_46-Window.png (1018x521, 776K)

once PM added no blast zones stamina mode, it actually became a better game for fucking around with than brawl minus.

youtube.com/watch?v=UaGf2FYqBTY&t=297s the game was also at ceo 2019

>losing the argument
>oh i see you made a grammatical error
>checkmate loser!

why don't you just address the argument instead of using ad hominems?

Attached: you.jpg (262x192, 11K)

I miss Project M, it's all but dead where I live. My boys Wolf and Mewtwo were actually fun, now in Ultimate one is a braindead flowchart top tier and the other is fucking garbage

Attached: Dc8PR4dVMAAXVpC.jpg (430x362, 22K)

>reddit double space
You need to go back

There was no reason to completely change so many characters beyond self-aggrandizing wankery.

i'll self-aggrandize wank your face if you keep trying to step to me with that shit

Didn't the devs make some shitty game called Icons or something?

lol i like to double space

it adds more emphasis

to me calling you a faggot
faggot

Honestly I'm a die hard fightan tryhard that never took smash seriously and PM really hooked me in with the amount of freedom you had with the characters. The orb setups Zelda where you can combo and play off your placements was cool as hell, along with Ike's command dash cancelling and the russian roulette mechanic Luigi had with the misfire and being able to store them. Whatever talent the dev team had disappeared when they moved on because Icons makes Ultimate look fucking good.

>2014+5
>newfags STILL incorrectly applying the reddit spacing meme

Not really. One guy from the PM team and some other asshole who kind of helped with the game did and took that label to garner interest.
As you can see it didn't work out and the rest of the team fucking hates them for torpedoing all their work for a quick buck that never paid out.

I mean that's just PM being inherently more fun. Wolf had so much cool with his shine and side b. I can't count how many times I've sd'd going for a side b kill.

one of the guys made doki doki literature club

It was just one or two dudes from P:M that made that shitty Icons game.

>moved from the east coast years ago where the final remnants of a consistent community remain
>no one plays competitive smash period in europe
>if they do it's Ultimate
Shit is a ghost town out here, I notice Smash is uniquely a burger thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=vIxskj3UFV0

all the PM update trailers where so hype

Someone bought Icons and is trying to rebrand it as a new game. They hired some of the PMDT who also worked on Icons.

youtube.com/watch?v=mais--9zQS4

Attached: 1556772937948.jpg (772x772, 100K)

>it's been nearly six years

Attached: 342.gif (500x375, 998K)

>tfw download Legacy XP
>tfw mage Ganondorf, Geno, shadow, metal sonic and a Ridley that's actually fun

Attached: 1563833354019.jpg (315x315, 35K)

Why is everyone who plays PM a nazi?

reddit.com/r/ProjectMDiedForThis

It's actually the funnest smash game for casual play. I hear the competitive meta is gay tho, isn't it lame characters like gnw that dominate?

banned i was actually interested on reading this

Is there proof this was taken from that? It looks way more fluid.

Competitive PM sees a great deal of character variety

Attached: Screenshot_20190730-074739_Chrome.jpg (1431x2257, 405K)

Looks okay, the gameplay looks promising but the artstyle and character designs are really lackluster. Not as offensive as Icons but I'll keep my eye on this one.

What was it?

just a link to the r/ProjectMDiedForThis but it seems for some reason that whole board has been banned strange

Two or three of them from the PM team, I recall they were from the highest circle of its development. Peons like the one that leaked the test-build after the claim of C&D often didn't know or weren't told what they were doing or planning.

got banned for dabbing on trannies

All it took was one or two of them to dumpster PM in favor of their own project.

Attached: 1546262425002.png (306x290, 3K)

yeah there were leaks on but it's been closed down

Nah, the two in Icons were Strong Bad and was it War Champ? Strong Bad was essentially a mechanics designer/planner and WC is like a web designer. If it wasn't WC, it was a different dude similar to SB's position.

The dude who put the kibosh on PM was more or less the honcho who made the executive decisions like putting Knuckles in the game and I think his name was Shadic or something, started with an S.

>XP Ridley
>fun
I'm a ridley main in ultimate and I fucking hate the mod ridley

Friendly reminder to support and attend your local scene even if you're garbage.
youtu.be/IfLU2SyQtLc

>play 3.0
>kirby is the most fun he's ever been in any smash
>3.5 lands
>he's nerfed to shit
why

>The PM team was planning on adding MORE FUCKING FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS
WHY

You mean Lyn? Where she had a completely different moveset than ike and marth.

>play Ike in PM
>pick him up in Ult

I mean it doesn't have to be PM, but it'd be nice if he could at least jump out of quickdraw. Is that too many options?

It never got one, literal fake news. Devs got advice from a shitty lawyer and got cold feet, so they shut it down. Now a new group of people are continuing development.

She was a generic anime sword. Glad that she was never created. They could've easily have added a real character

She was worked on because she already had a model in the game, and she was given a bow to distinguish her from the other FE characters.

Metwo didnt have a model. Lyn was a fucking forced piece of shit because someone in control was an autistic waifufaggot. Glad that trash got cancelled

Which one is "the" succesor? Legacy XP?

Project+

Mewtwo and Roy were added because they were the important characters missing from Melee, and they were added long before Lyn, Knuckles, and the rest were being worked on.

This I don't think was ever explicitly confirmed by the devs, but the reason the new characters were chosen to be what they are was because they had models in the game. Lyn and Isaac were assist trophies, Knuckles appears in the GHZ background. This was meant to avoid legal problems, but lol to that I guess.

You get an awesome sword taunt attack instead that even has a tipper.

Forgot webm

>2014

Jesus where does the time go?

Attached: Dolphin 2014-11-28 14-11-36-04.webm (1280x720, 1.98M)