Is RDR2 the best hunting game ever made? Honestly I can't think of a better game...

Is RDR2 the best hunting game ever made? Honestly I can't think of a better game. Even if you JUST play it as a hunting game it's amazing. The wild life all hunt each other and stuff. I saw birds catching rodents. It's like a virtual historic record of American wildlife.

Attached: 1556580092412.png (1920x1080, 3.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aodwqjvk-ak?t=72
webm.red/tHlJ.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Possums apparently play dead and will show up as such on your UI too

no because if you lose a track the animal can despawn. a superior hunting sim would keep animals in at much further distances, and also allow more technical weapon adjusment, have stance options, let you set up blinds and stands and decoys, use calls, etc. that being said, hunting in rdr2, especially fishing in fps mode, is comfy af

I never fucking knew that. Jesus. This game made me discover what the sound I hear outside at night is. It was this horrific call that creeped me the fuck out. Well one day I heard it in game and had to pause it to make sure it wasn't really outside. It wasn't, it was a fox in game. Ive never seen foxes here but it was literally the same fucking sound.

Attached: 45-full.jpg (3840x2160, 437K)

Hm, I wonder what he odds of that are. I assume if you wound them they wont as Ive wounded animals and found them crying a ways away.

2nd post best post
Go fishing with dynamite and post results

Wounded animals will despawn once they die if they're too far away.

Stupidest post of the year

I've never seen or heard a fox before. Have you ever heard one call? It sounds like a cryptid

youtu.be/aodwqjvk-ak?t=72

They sound creepy as shit

hunting for that bull moose for a week was pretty fun.

I cannot wait for developers to make use of next gen storage tech to make an actually good hunting game, shit like this is what PCI-E 4 is meant for

Attached: HUNT-Showdown-4K-Screen-4.jpg (3648x2052, 3.55M)

foxes are cute

The fish come up dead to be collected

St. Denis is a top 10 town in all of vidya

Attached: theatre raleur.jpg (1920x1072, 310K)

Skyrim with the mod "Hunterborn" or something like that. Also, adding Frostfall and another camping mod, makes Skyrim into one of the best terrain travelling/hunting games

Attached: StDenis night.jpg (1920x1072, 238K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: Strawberry.jpg (6209x2412, 2.29M)

Would upgrade my pc and buy this game if someone made a hunting sim mod

>I've never seen or heard a fox before.

you have the entire fucking internet at your fingertips.
are you dumb?

Why would I randomly look up fox noises when I've never had an inclination it was a fox? One time I even posted a clip here and nobody said fox

>helped some kid in Strawberry look for his dog
>find it and bring it back to him
>he lives in the house where Micah shot those two people after you bust him out
o-oh

That's actually really amazing and impressive, especially considering Monster Hunter World can't do half of that.

What game does all of that?

I don't even have an HDR tv yet but, did they ever fix the HDR in this game?

i cant find a vid of this
its just a bunch of retards shooting it without checking out what happens when you try to pick it up or skin it while its playing dead

For me it was a little moment: I shot a deer who was trying to cross a river, the current dragged its body to some rocks, I had to lasso it and pull it out of the water. That moment sold me on sending hours of comfy hunting.

It gets up and runs off.

I wish there was more of a logical in-game reason to hunt. I mean pretty much the only reason you'd bring a carcass to camp was to be able to upgrade the satchel. I wish there were more compelling, essential reasons to hunt. I wish this game had a survival mode or something

no special animation where arthur gets spooked or surprised or anything?

you're cute

Yeah they do, it even shows the option to pick them up or skin them but when you do, they actually get up and quickly run away.

Is RDR2 the best normie game ever made? Honestly I can't think of a better game. Even if you JUST play it as a dudebro game it's amazing. The chad life all brofist each other and stuff. I saw bros catching sluts. It's like a virtual historic record of sweaty gym.

>game where the best hunting method is to ride at full gallop close to an enemy and use slow motion to automatically lock onto the head is the best hunting game
>game where trophy condition is completely arbitrary and has nothing to do with the shot you make is the best hunting game
jesus fucking christ no

>the best normie game ever made

Attached: 6613-Skyrim.jpg (1131x707, 35K)

Normies can't play Skyrim anymore because it has bad graphics, Witcher 3 is the new Skyrim.

yeah it scared me when it happened to me, i thought i hadn't hit it cleanly but it was lying there so i went over to make sure and it bolts off screaming
idk but it would be cool. rdr2 will keep an animal you've shot for a long way but not one you've just have seen or are tracking... those will disappear too quickly imo if you lose them because of all the other animals/people the game is loading in

The question was "Is this the best hunting game ever made?", not "Is this the best a hunting game can ever be?".

it's a comfy town, but St. Denis is much more well thought out and complete.

Attached: stDenis house.jpg (1920x1072, 479K)

Don't listen to that fag (there's always one I swear to god). But I also actually just discovered what that noise was a few weeks ago. It finally dawned on me after hearing it in the woods at my friends house, because it sort of sounds like a dog, but more fucked up, if that makes sense. The next morning we saw it slinking around from afar and it just confirmed it.

RP'd as a homeless man outside this building helping low level players lasso and stab level 100's with explosive ammo to death. Fuck red dots and fuck tryhards

Attached: best girl.jpg (1024x576, 58K)

>read about this online
>do it anyway to see what happens
>bites me and fucks off in the other direction

Fuck you too then

that's true, so if there is a game where you can do all that shit then it's the best hunting game, but otherwise rdr2 is the best game

I'm just happy that the animal I hunt online for money hasn't been a daily challenge yet, so it's spots aren't overrun. Comfy hunting.

oh, my goodness. Yea Forums's audience has really changed. RDR2 isn't even better than RDR1

Except your shot does matter. As well as what weapon and caliber you're using.

Attached: th35LVUTB5.jpg (474x492, 22K)

>implying
it's fucking trash, one of the most boring and off-putting towns ever. It's so fucking brown and crowded and small. All the other towns and villages in the game were better than this shithole

it bites you and runs away in single player

Do you think the average normie would enjoy witcher over skyrim? I know witcher is "reddit" or whatever but think about what you said.

>wojack
Don't you have a /r/gaming post to upvote, kiddo?

>Honestly I can't think of a better game. Even if you JUST play it as a hunting game
you haven't played many, kiddo.
cabela's big game hunter 2006, my zoomer

i love earth forests

>brown and crowded

That's the point dingus

Attached: 91875032.png (1920x1080, 3.44M)

Attached: 72835489.png (1920x1080, 3.61M)

Attached: 193847342091.png (1920x1080, 3.3M)

Attached: stDenis train station.jpg (1920x1072, 388K)

Attached: 71-92837.png (1920x1080, 3.25M)

This is post-downgrade right? The game might look okay on PC but damn does that look dated.

Attached: Cemu 2017-11-06 23-52-52-85.jpg (1920x1080, 709K)

yes, and online instead of single player. Also made to fit the file limit of this site.

Attached: 1876419.png (1920x1080, 2.84M)

Attached: spaldings.jpg (1920x1072, 372K)

I mean... have you guys ever even played an actual hunting game? RDR2 has a lot of animals but there's no wind or scents to be careful about, the noise mechanics are practically nonexistent, gun caliber doesn't really matter and animals don't have much of their insides modeled for ballistics outside "head" and "body" parts. Not to mention you can slow down time and just fire six shots in a second straight into an animal's head, if you want.

You guys are asking if Mario Kart is the best F1 sim.

Attached: thehunter.webm (1000x562, 2.83M)

there is wind and scent (can be seen in eagle vision), noise matters to some extent, gun caliber definitely matters if you want a 3star pelt. Can't slow down time in online.

If you fire 6 shots into the head of an animal it becomes worthless.

Attached: quincy.jpg (1920x1072, 346K)

But there is wind and scent. There’s items that specifically counteract your scent

On the flipside animals that you kill and leave/skin and leave will decompose over time and the game will remember even if you leave the area/reload a save. Especially larger animals, killed an alligator in the swamps while hunting egret plumes, came back a couple of days later in game and all that was left was a skeleton.

lmao city bitch boy

Huh. I never noticed. Well, the rest still stands. It's just a very watered down, arcadey version of the real thing.

>>game where trophy condition is completely arbitrary and has nothing to do with the shot you make is the best hunting game
did you even play the game?
anything less than a pristine coat is useless for crafting, and you can only get pristine coats and pelts by using the right weapon and getting a one shot kill.

Well duh, its a videogame centered around outlaw shit, the hunting is a side thing, completely optional. Its just very fleshed out for something most people will skip over.

>a superior hunting sim would keep animals in at much further distances

maybe, but is there one ?

Well there you go then. The answer to the question "Is RDR2 the best hunting game ever made?" is "no".

webm.red/tHlJ.webm

Attached: 1548558708843.jpg (832x1200, 133K)

>press triangle to ride horse while in San Denih.
>Arthur chokes some bitch instead
Fuck crowded places in this game and fuck contextual button prompts in general.

sounds like you're not good.

Play theHunter Classic. It's literally free now.

Attached: The Hunter 07.05.2016 - 15.21.04.05.png (1920x1080, 3.31M)

>can't play this offline.
Darn. That's what's stopping me from buying this game. The concept is great. Wild West bounty hunting monsters.

Well no fucking shit it's well thought out and complete...it's a fucking giant city. It's not a small town. What a stupid reason to like it, at least say something of substance. Your opinion is void.

Yeah, in single player.

Beautiful from aesthetics standpoint but there's fuck all to do there. All the side missions are boring and the main missions aren't impressive neither.

Show me your tits.

All hunting sims ever

Cabela's Big Game Hunter Pro Hunts (2014)

theHunter: Call of the wild.
theHunter Classic
Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts
Hunting Unlimited 2010

All better with far more robust mechanics.

Hunter call of the wild maybe

Nope

>he knows the names of memes

Attached: 4A0C98EE-05AA-43EE-9CE2-AC95C1943CB7.png (449x401, 490K)

Trophy Hunter 2003

>this thread
THAT'S IT! I HAVE ENOUGH!

Attached: deer avenger.jpg (640x480, 55K)