Single player game

>single player game
>is online only

Attached: 1484524137510.png (762x638, 513K)

fucking ffxiv

WooOAHhHHHHHHhhhhHhhhhhHHHHh That's A Crazy Thing To Think About OP. Luckily, it's never happened. And on top of that, you have no proof.

You may not like it but anti-piracy measures are needed to ensure the video game industry remains viable in the future.
Think about how much development costs have skyrocketed yet the price of new AAA games remains $60. Honestly it's not fair for devs at all.

>PC version requires to be online for single player
>console version doesn't and also adds couch coop support

Attached: 1531951676168.jpg (577x575, 59K)

The movie is gonna SUCK

I don't like wallace and gromit

Fuck you moldman

...it's also still not possible to pirate that game on PC

you can pirate it on 3 different consoles though (probably 4 soon)

Why not just use smaller budgets and not spend millions on huge advertising campaigns?

Bruh...

Attached: Google-Stadia-Illustration-Screenshots-1420x799.jpg (1420x799, 65K)

I have personally killed three games today

>You may not like it but anti-piracy measures are needed to ensure the video game industry remains viable in the future
But the EU found piracy doesn't effect sales.

he has abysmal taste

Players expect top of the line graphics and too many features, ESPECIALLY PC gamers. If you cut graphics and features people will just call your game shit.

>LITERALLY not even out yet
>LITERALLY no proof

PC gamers are the ones doing the pirating ddo who cares about that demographic.

Doesn't matter. Most games are developed in the United States, not Europe.

>no proof
user... it's a streaming service. Do you know what those typically require?

>Players expect top of the line graphics
How does Nintendo keep winning then?

uhh, a gamepad?

You Might As Well Complain That Video Games Need A Screen To See Them. NO PROOF.

Most are developed in Japan.

Hitman 2016

>"Understand these are not normal ratings, these are 100% SUBJECTIVE ratings. That means I'm not rating anything objective, like "number of bugs" or "framerate." Instead, the ONLY thing I'm looking at is how I personally feel about the game once I'm done. Because when you play a game, isn't that what matters? Who cares if your favorite game has flaws? It's your favorite game! And who cares if another game is the most polished one possible if it doesn't interest you? I like subjective ratings because they feel more honest and then I can figure out who's closer to my taste, whereas just a checklist of features can start to feel soulless."
Ross is the only good e-celeb

should i know who this person is

Correct, Nintendo are the exception. Nintendo brands are so strong that consumers rightly don't care about pushing graphics to the max.

Starcraft 2, Diablo 3. Single player modes, unable to be played offline.

SimCity 2013

No, but that only strengthens my point. Europe doesn't develop games, United States and Japan do it.

STOP

Attached: ross.jpg (480x360, 31K)

into the trash it goes

the voice of gordon freeman

The man who is against games as service

The only person that genuinely cares more about videogames than anyone else in the world that makes this claim

The man who will personally murder the people at EA who are in charge of shutting down games

yeah it sucks a cock but not many AAA games purely focus on single player gameplay

Attached: hitman2016.jpg (1200x630, 236K)

iT'S cAPTAIN cAPITALS, mY nEMESIS!

That doesn't matter as the dev point doesn't really factor into the study as tgey checked all games movies and other media, and found only large blockbuster films see any loss in sales.

But don't most anti-piracy measures usually fail, with major ones like denuvo being cracked in mear hiurs after launch thus making them a waste of money?

this thread is about always online and always online doesn't fail unless some intern leaks the server or someone goes through pretty massive trouble to emulate them

that's why you still can't pirate things like Diablo 3 even for the single player

It's Gabe Newell inventor of PC gaming.

No, and even if it was true that "most anti-piracy measures failed" that wouldn't mean that anti-piracy measures are bad, just that they need to be implemented differently.

irrelevant games, no proof

Why not just make good games that people want to buy?

I even pirated my favorite game ever and never bought it after that.

I have no idea what you're saying here. Are you saying that good games and anti-piracy measures are mutually exclusive? Developers are already making good games that people want to buy.

there's no such thing as an objective rating when reviewing art.

>multi player game
>is online only

Yes, there was a time in which multiplayer games let you play online through game servers, through direction connection, on lan, locally, etc.
Modern, new players really don't understand that multiplayer and online don't mean the same, that the former can exist without the later.

KILLING

>multiplayer game
>is offline only

Attached: 1336880974829.png (246x246, 90K)

HAIRLINE

Yes, and?

Attached: balloon fight.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

>Developers are already making good games that people want to buy
What did he mean by this?

You don't like Wallace and Grommet...?

10/10 I read it in his voice

Attached: 1560386421321.gif (320x288, 14K)

M O L D
O
L
D

>people are buying games that they don't want to buy

Attached: 1562746002302.png (809x829, 1018K)

I really despise it.

Look, I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but literally every game has been pirated and I know not of any game that hasn't been. It's unnecessary and an excuse to datamine when they force DRM like Denuvo on you; game launchers like Steam have been cracked; there's even a way to emulate being online to play such games as D3.

Play Diablo 3 offline. Play PoE offline. Play any Steam game offline indefinitely without logging in on occasion and not having a crack.

Fraud

Fucking this. People acting as though it's not surprising that multiplayer is online only because "You're gonna play online anyways" is fucking retarded. There are many games from the 90s and even early 2000s that can easily still be played today because they have LAN and/or splitscreen. But games starting with Xbox 360? They're just dead...

It's our world Gordon who goes ballistic whenever there's an online only game and loves the most obscure games ever made.

Attached: 1561387212385.jpg (620x231, 49K)

PC gamers still play games older than your mom and give 0 fucks about consoleshit ports

>AAA companies drowning in fields of money
>"Piracy hurts our profits! Buy our games, purchase micro transactions and gamble on lootboxes to support your fellow game developers! If people keep pirating our games, we'll only be able to snort 9 lines of coke off our strippers' asses instead of 10!"

Uhm, which game are you talking about? The only thing i can think about is some phone game or splatoon maybe?

Its funny you believe this

GAMES

Blame the people pirating games

you can blame me all you like, it's not gonna change a thing

complaining to publishers that your product has shitty features and that you'd rather buy it on GOG may on the other hand have a chance to help

It’s your fault

>just that they need to be implemented differently.

aka waste more dev time and money on useless shit instead of making your game better. Literally just jews being greedy. This was never a problem until AAA became a thing and then you wonder why?

Attached: 232131.png (342x360, 298K)

THANK
GOD

Are you playing dumb on purpose?

Attached: diablo-3__450_400.jpg (450x400, 30K)

Attached: 1563579819456.png (512x612, 141K)

You do know that in last few years profits actually skyrocketed due to microtransactions and developmint becoming cheaper and easier, right?

>monitor broke, you get a new one
>stadia broke, no game
kys

Attached: 13095966_10153647353198391_1365403483381607823_n.jpg (553x585, 33K)

My favourite game is pathologic 2.
How can It die when it's already in its grave?

Attached: 1563997153691.png (1059x769, 1.1M)

AJS said in the new Wolfenstein you can't even pause the game in singleplayer ffs.

who was in the wrong here?

Attached: cia.png (737x143, 46K)

Goalposts are funny.