Gamestop is doing even worse now. RIP

>Gamestop is doing even worse now. RIP

realmoney.thestreet.com/investing/stocks/gamestop-can-t-stop-falling-so-this-value-investor-is-staying-away-15034325

The carnage at GameStop (GME) continues as the stock has seemingly taken on falling-knife characteristics. When last we left the story, GameStop not surprisingly had eliminated what at the time was a rather lofty 19% dividend. This move came along with the announcement of better-than-expected first-quarter earnings (seven cents a share versus a three-cent expected loss), but shares were hammered nonetheless, down 36% on June 5.

It has been no picnic since then as GME shares have tumbled another 19%. That decline is despite the completion of a modified Dutch tender auction last month in which GameStop bought back 12 million shares, or 11.7% of the Class A shares outstanding, for $5.20 a share, a price that was at the low end of the expected purchase range of $5.20 to $6 a share. Just two weeks later, GME closed Thursday at $3.98.

Attached: gsz.jpg (1195x1600, 535K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jOkdR7on6Ok
youtube.com/watch?v=2AkekOnVoMo
twitch.tv/dweezil1
cato.org/publications/commentary/americas-most-costly-educational-failure
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would you let your son dress like that?

Sup Necro00

Because she's a coalburner

Thats his cum bucket, you dont dress like that unless your a chad

HAHAHA IT'S MA'AM
KEEP SAYING IT

>walk into gamestop
>get raped by a college dropout faggot who drinks IPA while ge asks if i want top pre-order DEATH STRANDING

FANTAVISION I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU FAGGOT PHYSICAL GAMES ARE DEAD YOU FUCKING KEK

Doesn't surprise me. I stopped shopping there years ago. I will go out of my way to not shop there. I will price match at best buy or any other store if there's a sale at gamestop.

Fuckers kept trying to sell me "new" games that aren't sealed, then the dumb cunt behind the counter treated me like an asshole when I said I'd just pick it up across the street if they didn't have a sealed copy. This happened twice to me and apparently it's an official practice that they do.

Not to mention their deals on used games are shitty, and digital/new sales are almost always a better value. They also try to upsell you 1000x and it's generally unpleasant to shop there.

who cares

I don't like gamestop but all the mom and pop used game placed died before they did so now I have to order literally everything online.

I'm just waiting for the going out of business sale.

Imagine working at gamestop and having to deal with 6'5" trannies
youtube.com/watch?v=jOkdR7on6Ok

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

look like games top has become games bottom

like what? you mean like a classy gentleman? why wouldn't you?

Imagine all the amazing sales we will inevitably get to exploit during their going out of business

Attached: 2IdTj8F.jpg (1280x1920, 263K)

funkopops was a mistake.

>selling funkopops is not a robust business model

Attached: 1546628454939.jpg (480x640, 12K)

Employees will set aside all the good stuff for themselves.

that's not lady like is it?

lady boy

a polo with gym shorts is the enlightened mans outfit

looks like dunkey

Can confirm. I tried to preorder the Monster Hunter World CE a few months before launch because I need more dragon statues to hot glue 9/11 locations I called were responded with, "Sorry bro, saving that last one for myself".
I was fucking livid that shit wasn't available on Amazon or the Capcom store.

>Go to local Gamestop
>90% of the place is nerd merch and all the vidya is tucked away in a corner.

Attached: 1553221162498.png (630x334, 191K)

ding dong the witch is dead
the wicked witch is dead

>implying Gamestop carries anything other than shitty AAA games from less than 2 years ago
Anything that isn't shit will be snatched by staff or unironically destroyed.

vidya have very little profit margin compared to merchandise.

Good, a cancer on gaming is finally being removed like a tumor. We didn't need gaming stores back then and we don't need them now barring retro stores in tourist traps.

>Half the store are toys.
>Take a disc out of the case and charge new price.
>never have what you want.
>Do nothing to compete
>Do nothing to stand out.
>Expect to get money for nothing.
I'm glad my city is being taken over by local vidya stores.

Attached: 1407653347996.png (600x900, 79K)

PSA: youtube.com/watch?v=2AkekOnVoMo
This guy explains why gamestop is the way it is, and why everyone has the same gamestop stories. The company literally tells people to act this way, it's not a coincidence

Yay now Sony and MS and Nintendo can jew prices how they seem fit. Have fun paying 100 bucks for a new digital game

Wait... screwing over your customers for used games and trade-ins isn't a competent business strategy.

Attached: 1562115534701.jpg (540x532, 45K)

>We didn't need gaming stores back then
Were you born a few years ago?

Went into eb games today. Pretty sad sight. No selection of games just funkos. Also how come people keep their funkos in the box? I can't imagine those things ever increasing in value.

I still buy used games there sometimes, they have a sale almost every week on used games, but every time I go in half the store is those black replacement game cases. I'm not buying one of those. Every single time I take a chance, bring the game up to the counter and ask if they have one with a real case in a drawer, they usually say no of course, but then they are absolutely shit shocked when I say I'll put it back and look for a different game. Doesn't matter what store, doesn't matter what employee, I get the same goofy ass look like I just murdered a baby. I swear to god, they must be instructed to act that way. Stop taking games with no case you fucking gamestop.

Support your local business, usually where I live, suburbs of nyc on the nj side, densely populated Hispanic area there are actually quite a few game shops here and their selling new games before the release date and a lot of retro game shops that’ll host game tournaments.

Feels good man but shitty roach infested city

We have one local game shop here, and the guy who owns it is a literal jew and still charges 40 bucks for games gamestop sells for 15

Are you implying Gamestop wasn't a megajew who kickstarted some if not nearly all of the most predatory business practices seen in the industry today?

They used to be based, when they let u return new games 3 times on the same receipt

Golly, I wonder if it has anything to do with charging full price for a used game and being harassed about their "rewards" program everytime you buy something?

I finally watched that fucking video that's been on my YouTube recommended so much as of late of that one guy who worked there for 11 years and threw some serious dirt on them. Turns out GameStop truly was a shithole of a company.

How hard is it to say no?

yeah less compition is never a win for consumers. you ever wonder why digital sales are cheaper? they can afford them to be, theres no middleman now, nor physical shipping or production. you idiots celebrating games stops fall can have fun getting fucked by ms and sony buying 3 year old games at twice the price they are now.

i think their end will be the start of the next crash desu. i just hope it happens after my preorders have gone through.

>mfw I preordered Death Stranding from GameStop because I thought they'd still be around by November.

Don't anybody lynch me for this, but r*ddit has a sub exclusively for employees, and I remember just reading their posts about the "circle of life" program and how no one would get any work hours at all, or they'd be fired if they didn't meet used game sale quotas, or Premium Memberships for the month. They got compared to all the other stores in the area, their store got a score, I think it was called a "QOL" score or some shit, and the employees were stressed out over it, lying to customers, telling them they had no new copies of a new game so they could sell used copies, so they could up their score. I mean, it sounded like a fuycking nightmare for like 15-20 hours a week. They treated their employees as disposable.

How the fuck do you spend over a decade wasting away in a Gamestop uniform?

Ever pump gas at a Shell gas station?
Card reader, pin/zip, select pump, WANT CARWASH? no, okay. WANT REWARD CARD? no, okay.

Every single time. It's insulting. It's life's version of the Owl from Ocarina when you say 'yes hear it again'

5 fucking times in the same transaction.

swag is for boys and class is for men

I watched all of his videos. I knew companies were all around shitty and scummy but I wasn't sure about just how much.
The guy also has a video talking about gamestop lying to investors.

Shame

Attached: Screenshot_20190729-214118.png (720x1280, 1.17M)

Transgenders unironically scare me. It's wrong and creepy as fuck. Can someone remind me as to why is this being pushed as normal again?

Hahaha Nintendofags are so autistic hahahha what a retarded sperg lmao

Attached: oxT514A.png (644x651, 470K)

Sneed

Attached: 1564438004409.jpg (274x351, 20K)

Attached: nintod.jpg (2048x1529, 498K)

>Have fun paying 100 bucks for a new digital game
This sounds like a problem someone that buys AAA games would have. Thankfully, I'm not a retard.

Attached: tim.png (237x219, 86K)

>The company literally tells people to act this way, it's not a coincidence

I used to work at Sears. We had our retarded rewards program shit that every fucking store has/had. We were seriously grilled if we didn't meet our quota/metrics of sign-ups. How the FUCK is it fair that if a customer doesn't want to sign up for some bullshit, I get penalized and reprimanded for it? I remember one time, some guy who didn't know a lick of English came in and had no idea what I was saying. He was paying for his stuff but then out of nowhere, the cunt manager comes out and makes me actually take the poor fucking guy to one of our computers and sign him up for the rewards garbage. I felt so ill.

Doesn't surprise me GameStop does the same shit.

>mfw I just checked Sears' stock price

As expected.

Attached: 1549775470232.png (446x446, 280K)

cool have fun paying 60 for ur indie shit, that you would normally play 20 for.

Good. I refuse to go their because these fucks will lie right to your face and try to sell you used shit at a trivial discount. My dumb fuck cousin actually believed the store didnt have any 3ds and bought used to save 20 dollars. What a joke, just go to bestbuy

Hes a moron and deserved to get fucked

>cool have fun paying 60 for ur indie shit, that you would normally play 20 for.
Indie games have a competitive market.
They aren't all about to collectively agree to start charging 60 bucks a piece for indie games.
Some asshole would charge 40 to stand out
Then another would be 30 to stand out more
Then another goes 15 to undercut a bit more
and so on
wait that already happened fifteen years ago.

Literally every single person that doesn't speak english got some gamestop sub or powercard or whatever the fuck, according to that guy's videos.

Look up TERF's. Turns out Chrischan isn't the only one who thought declaring himself a girl and going after lesbians would work.

I was 23 and dumb, got a gamestop credit card and now im in debt over 2k

He is, he smoked heroin for like 2 fucking years and has been on suboxone for comming on a year now and got really fat. Fuckin tard. Still leave it to gamestop to rip off every dumbfuck they see

He should get back on the drugs and lose weight.

Attached: 1563733425165.jpg (640x583, 49K)

I FOUND A WAY

>Buy a game release week from gamestop
>Guy practically yells at me for not preordering it because it was the last copy they had

They are pretty shit, but get rid for that digital only future, boiz. Don't own shit, everything is a "service", online required for everything, microtransactions in every game. Gonna be great...

Attached: laugh.gif (347x244, 3.26M)

You're their favorite type of customer, lmao. I really appreciate that my uncle actually taught me about credit. My dad doesn't know dick about credit.

>Give information for a pre-order
>Fucker signs me up for an edge card without asking

That's why.

I keep throwing the mail away and havent paid anything for 5 months

I really don't understand how people get into massive credit card debt without some emergency shitting on you. It's completely nonsensical buying luxury goods with money you don't have.

Its so they can "Flex" on others.

Attached: 1377505835177.png (700x676, 535K)

I suspect gameshops policy of having their employees aggressively push preorder has backfired with people no longer wishing to go there just to avoid the spiel
Digital didn't kill gamestop, greed did.

Yikes if true

Very true, dunno what to do at this point

because people are young and like to go out and have fun, and fun costs money. You don't think of the future when you're 19 years old.

Americans are poorly educated which leads to low general intelligence and poorly paid, its a killer combination.

Why do you think the guy who pushed them to do that got to buy the company at bargain bin prices.

They'll eventually sell your debt to a credit collection agency, who will at some point in the future offer you a discounted rate to pay it all off. Your credit score will be affected until then. I mean, it's a problem, but don't kill yourself stressing over it. Just handle it when you can and don't forget,.

If it's just you, go full poverty mode for a while.
Cheap food, cheap entertainment, cut down on utility usage, etc.

I worked at sears when I was like 18, and they made me try to sell the cards to people and shit, I told the manager how can i force someone to sign up for a card they dont want? Shit is so dumb

That's what happens when you cut funding to schools to the point where teachers need to pay for all supplies out of their own underpaid pockets.

You know a statistical majority of jobs in the US are retail, right? Somebody has to do it.

Attached: 1539729346333.jpg (500x459, 53K)

For now they are, that is, until the androids take over all those jobs...

Attached: mywaifu.jpg (1919x1080, 302K)

Big box stores provide more competition in terms of physical sales than Gamestop does, who try to buy the minimum amount of new copies from publishers and then encourage their customer base to sell their copies back to them as quickly as possible so they can create their own predatory ecosystem of 5% off used games.

>Sold Xbox to game stop
>Notice on the screen the guy never scanned but fake scanned it
>Get an Idea
>Tell freind to go into store and buy Xbox
>He sells him my used xbox that he never put into the Game stop system and commits fraud
>Call management and call cops
>Employee who was a manager gets fired and sent to jail
>I get a bunch of gift cards

Feels good man

I'm pretty sure the majority of jobs are in service, of which retail is a subset. It's not like 6/10 people in the workforce are register monkeys and stockers.

I fucking hate /pol/ shit, especially when it's in places where it shouldn't be but I swear if I ever ran for mayor or Senate or something, I'd improve the American education system so much. Okay, that's all I'm gonna say. Don't wanna get off topic.

That's exactly why I know they don't care if you only trade in the disc, with no case. I go to my local used game store, they would tell you to fuck off if you brought in a book of nothing but game discs. But not gamestop. In their minds, they'll take your disc, throw it in a black case, sell it, and then that person will trade it back in to rinse and repeat. Doesn't seem like it's paying off for them. If they were smart, they would try to cater to physical game collectors, because that's all that's gonna be left if hard drives keep getting bigger and faster.

Because it allows them to gauge how many people you can actually force to add things onto their bill just because they refuse to accept their card, also allows them to gauge metrics, but if you piss enough people off with it, eventually your metrics end up skewed the worst way.

Teachers are fucking spoiled though and work nearly half as much as other jobs do for their level of pay. Teaching sucks because our whole system sucks and is designed to make unthinking lever pullers.

It's a collectors item for the extremely casual collector. It's the same shit like with beanie babies and not taking the tags off. If you want to get shit that will net you a large profit, you have to go for items that are rare. Do your research. I made over 2 grand on a signed basketball I got because a college near me (Duke) had a player signing day. Sold that shit after one of the players got the biggest shoe deal in rookie nba history. I dont know shit about sports, but I know what to snatch up. If you havent already and can find it, preorder cyberpunk the collectors edition. Even IF you dont end up being able to flip it for twice its value or more, most places have a 30 day money back guarantee. Just dont open the shit and theyll take it back no questions asked. I love scalping. Thanks for reading my blog

You can see the veins

MUH DICK.

USA is in the top 10 for spending per student. Our schools are shit because of forced integration. No matter how much money you spend on nigs they will never learn and will do everything at their disposal to drag everyone else down with them. NYC spends an obscene amount of money compared to Maine, but has far less effective schools.

>teachers are spoiled
Holy shit, do you get all your information from fucking facebook posts or something? How the fuck are they spoiled when many are so underpaid and the fact that tenure only matters for the assholes who are in their 60s and about to retire. And lets not forget how many states force their teachers to pay into the state pension, but allow other government workers to exempt themselves and pay nothing into it, then while suffering budget shortfalls literally steal all that money and never pay the teachers back for any of it. Also you seem to think they get all of summer off like the kids when they have to attend classes for new teaching techniques or re-certifications and other shit that costs time and money.

yeah but you got that little peepee tho

Insanity
I have like almost 35,000 in available credit yet the most in debt i’ve ever been in exact 2,365.85 when I was moving cross country
I paid that off within a month

It worked for a while when the games console industry was at a perfect zenith of technology and cost, and the primary method of gameplaying was from a disc. When people just really wanted to play the new Halo or COD, and new digital ecosystems and sellers weren't yet exposing Gamestop as the frauds they are.

Ironically their fate is very closely matching that of Blockbuster, who gets romanticized by modern day Hollywood propaganda, but in reality was the gamestop of the 90's, poaching independent video stores and building a monopoly on the rental industry. And then when a bigger fish came to swallow them, there was nothing to save the video rental industry, because the ecosystem of that industry had no diversity within it and Blockbuster killed all the alternatives.

Please do.
Education especially well funded education
If I had my way summer vacation would be shorter 2 week break then back to school for a month
Enough time to take that family trip but not too much time kids are wasting away at home

>2k in debt
Dude get a fucking job and you could have that shit paid off in a few months easily. 2k is a chunk of change, but shit man I had nearly 36k in student debt that I paid off and like 30k is the norm for college grads with debt. 2k is laughably small to complain about.

So what every county should have a regular school then a prison school that’s everything should of putting shackles on kids?

>legit looks like my friend from the back

Shame his mom is hispanic as fuck and short as hell. Not blonde at all.

I went to Gamestop to buy Fire Emblem. They said they had no copies without a preorder and I'd have tough luck finding one. Due to their retarded planning I went to a second Gamestop less than half a mile away. I got the same line. I went to a Best Buy down the road and bought the game no problem. Fuck Gamestop.

>new digital ecosystems and sellers weren't yet exposing Gamestop as the frauds they are
Yeah, because digital rentals that cost the same as their physical counterparts and strip away consumer rights while reserving the right to revoke the privilege to play at any time is totally great, and other sellers like Amazon aren't doing the same shady, anti-consumer bullshit you're chastising Gamestop for doing but worse.

>because the ecosystem of that industry had no diversity within it and Blockbuster killed all the alternatives
Physical rental stores would have gone out of business regardless of how many there were, it would not have mattered if there were two dozen national chains or one.

They wanted you to buy the game used and only sell preorders so they can sell the minimum amount of new copies.

>dude, just bring back segregation

Why do people work shit jobs like that? When I was a neet for 6 months I placed sports bets to get by and it was awesome . I have a good job now but anyone who works at McDonald's and general retail I assume they are slightly retarded.

>Yeah, because digital rentals that cost the same as their physical counterparts and strip away consumer rights while reserving the right to revoke the privilege to play at any time is totally great, and other sellers like Amazon aren't doing the same shady, anti-consumer bullshit you're chastising Gamestop for doing but worse.
Digital dealers on average objectively give a better deal than Gamestop. I wasn't making some sweeping endorsement by pointing this out, so get that sand out of your vagina.
>Physical rental stores would have gone out of business regardless of how many there were, it would not have mattered if there were two dozen national chains or one.
The difference is that they wouldn't have all crashed at once like the end of Independence Day, and local communities would have still had the power to determine the financial viability of their video stores without worrying about the corporate mothership blowing up. The same way I still have local games sellers near me and Gamestop's end won't spell their end.

>NYC spends an obscene amount of money
Because Maine is so much more populous than NYC, are you just brain damaged or do you not understand how fucking averages work? Also the main issue is the fact that teachers were forced to teach kids to take tests instead of helping them learn and become interested in learning by themselves because No Child Left Behind literally incentivized schools kicking out mentally deficient students as they harmed test score averages.

It's nothing to do with niggers retard. American education sucks because the government wants it to suck, stupid people are easier to oppress.

That's why niggers are so violent as well, keep them savage so that the country is distracted by racial issues as you fuck the people sideways.

>Can someone remind me as to why is this being pushed as normal again?
It's just burger zoomers that are pushing that BS.

>go to gamestop
>want to give money and buy game
>give money
>get giant spiel about preordering or signing up for a million different things so some pleb doesn't have to get forced into the punishment cagie in the back after his shift
OR
>go to amazon or other online store
>give money
>get game in mail
>infinitely cheaper than FUCKING GAMESTOP

Why not? Statistically, blacks have gained nothing from desegregation, in terms of wealth, standard of living, marriage retention or even jail time. In fact they have become per capita poorer all around, and their neighborhoods are in complete disarray. Meanwhile whites lose their rights to voluntary association, and many other rights as well.

Also, school performance was better across the board. We didn't even have a department of education until the 80's and our education has been getting worse for decades. The spending has gone up and the quality has gone down for decades.

>Anyone who makes an honest living is retarded
>I think this because I gambled and got lucky

>walked into a mall gamestop yesterday for the first time in years
>looking at a game
>out of curiosity check amazon real quick
>game is $10 cheaper and has free 1-day shipping
>oh thats right, it's the current year

Gamestop should have died years ago. And I'm a former SGA.

I just say that I am not interested in anything no warranty no edge card just the game. Amazon is the future and thank fuck it is.

Because for some people they either lack options or have low willpower and go for the lowest hanging fruit to satisfy the minimum requirements of employment. Many gamestop employees are practically pseudo-neets who just work to fuel their video game and anime lifestyle, or some other sort of low effort retail position.

>quality has gone down for decades.
Nothing to do with blacks, the quality has gone down because the government wants the people to be poorly educated, the spending is so they don't notice what the government is doing.
And the blacks haven't improved because the government likes them be be like that because it distracts people from real issues.

>The difference is that they wouldn't have all crashed at once like the end of Independence Day, and local communities would have still had the power to determine the financial viability of their video stores without worrying about the corporate mothership blowing up
Yes, they would have. People didn't stop going to blockbuster and mom-and-pop video rental stores because there was no alternative and muh big bad corporation :(((( they stopped because digital rentals/streaming was more convenient and readily accessible. Physical rentals offered nothing that digital streaming/rentals didn't offer more easily and conveniently, and services like Netflix also made renting physical media more convenient for those that still wanted it.

>The same way I still have local games sellers near me and Gamestop's end won't spell their end.
Mom-and-pop game retailers aren't going out of business because people still buy physical video games. Their market didn't literally disappear. And Gamestop's end will spell the end for many of them too once digital distribution makes up the majority of game purchases.

>tfw buying the dip

Attached: 1555870138122.jpg (664x720, 98K)

Reminds me that I went to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on opening night and my experience was ruined by fat fedora wearing guy that wouldn’t get off his phone the whole movie. The girl he was with vaped constantly

If gamestop goes under the Australian eb branch will go as well
Where the fuck am I supposed to get collectors editions.

Are you denying niggers are innately violent though? How do you explain all of Africa? How do you explain the rapid and sudden change in crime statistics throughout Europe and the drop in average IQ?

Attached: womenandchildren.jpg (3000x1800, 2.79M)

based retard

i know people have sheltered lives on this board but there are many jobs worse than working at gamestop.

US schools actually have the highest test scores in the world. Higher than Japan and higher than Germany.

Oh you have to remove test scores from blacks and minorities though. They drag the average down big time

We don't use that word here.

>Yes, they would have. People didn't stop going to blockbuster and mom-and-pop video rental stores because there was no alternative and muh big bad corporation :(((( they stopped because digital rentals/streaming was more convenient and readily accessible. Physical rentals offered nothing that digital streaming/rentals didn't offer more easily and conveniently, and services like Netflix also made renting physical media more convenient for those that still wanted it.
Your timeline is fucked, Blockbuster was assuming a monopoly on the video industry before video streaming was even a commercial option, years ahead of it. And then Blockbuster started getting dropped when Netflix came into prominence in the early 2000's.

failed men were taking the brunt of the hatred from feminists because attractive and capable men still have value.

so some of them go through insane mental gymnastics to escape their life of inceldom

"my complete ability to never get laid in my life is forcing me to jerk off exclusively. but porn is losing effect, ive become so drpraved im into diaperfur and dragon dildos. i could only ever fuck if a gay man fucked me, which i dont want..........so ill become a girl. ill now be a Liberal Protected Class and maybe will score some really guilty lesbians".

why do you think this "incel" thing started to take off as an insult? projection. you either become the snowflake, or you better hope youre not in the blizzard's direction.

They work 9 months a year.

Your mom must've been a teacher because you seem awfully defensive that she might withhold your tendies if you don't defend her

Gamestop is getting killed by Amazon. You're buying into a dying market.

I never implied it was the end of the world.

>How do you explain the rapid and sudden change in crime statistics throughout Europe
Police turning a deliberate blind eye to crimes which incentivises further crimes

Blacks are innately inferior but a better society could mould them from birth to be productive.

Attached: coffee.png (853x480, 470K)

Gamestop is being killed by nothing but their policy of having workers push preorders.

Yes user, those are the active fucking school days, it's great that you can count, but did you know that teachers have to make their own lesson plans even when they take off work for sick days? Or do you think construction workers only work at one job site and if it rains they don't do anything?

>Yfw you got to see GameStop come and go in your lifetime

Attached: 3ADD0643-1063-4303-BB00-26A98E485AFF.gif (400x224, 664K)

>Blacks are innately inferior but a better society could mould them from birth to be productive.
I don't actually disagree on this, I just hate when people leave out parts of the equation. Blacks would unironically do better in racially homogeneous communities, policed by their own kind and with businesses ran by black people. God has also done a lot for them, whether it's Islam or Christ.

Big companies don't go out of business anymore, remember 2008 bailout?
It will eventually go back up and I'll have so much cause I got it so cheap.
>tfw gonna retire in my 20s

im so fucking glad nerds like you are literally never taken seriously outside of Yea Forums where you can happen upon someone as stupid as you

Finally some justice for gamers...

That's the Yea Forums agenda, and I don't like going in gamestop personally because of shitty sales people, but in reality it's because Amazon is way more convenient and cheaper in general.

god I wish

>remember 2008 bailout?
The current president of the United States of America despises videogames, he would never allow any sort of effort to be made to save a video-game company

I saw a young dude in a Gamestop a few weeks ago, obviously a new guy and getting trained up, I'm standing in line and someone in front of me is asking about Metal Gear Solid 5, so new guy starts looking through the computer, and I heard him say "Is that one... is that one called phantom..uh, phantom pa-" and the person was like "yeah it's called the Phantom Pain". And it just dawned on me that maybe some of them don't even know that much about video games, maybe they just really needed a job and took it because it was offered. Like, how don't you know MGS5?

So when are they going under? Will it be before or after Doom Eternal? I want my helmet.

My dude, I'm sorry, but physical rentals were going away regardless of whether or not Blockbuster had strangled out competitors. Physical game sales are not the same animal, people still value ownership and buying physical goods, but for rentals it doesn't matter. Physical rentals do nothing but offer inconvenience over renting/streaming digitally. The market would have disappeared in largely the same manner regardless, it wasn't a matter of how competitors behaved within the market the technology and market itself just changed.

Neither of you are white and you will never be white, you can stop RPing

twitch.tv/dweezil1 this guy is so funny

???

I can legitimately say I've never had an enjoyable experience dealing with them outside of leaving with my game, good riddance.

Attached: aw baby.png (1440x1080, 1.42M)

How many people are enthusiasts of whatever minimum wage role they get staffed in?

Sounding more and more like a Bitloser every post.

>How the FUCK is it fair that if a customer doesn't want to sign up for some bullshit, I get penalized and reprimanded for it?
Probably because if people didn't get punished they wouldn't bother trying in the first place

I asked a GameStop girl out one time. She was already married. Fuck that place

I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to do that. It's pretty ballsy of them to come out and just tell you that. You should have talked to a manager.

>I know how to make kids hate school less and engage more, I'll take away all their breaks so they despise it more and never have a break
Retard. The European schools you no doubt vaunt make up for no summer break by having many, many more small breaks throughout the year.

>then the dumb cunt behind the counter treated me like an asshole when I said I'd just pick it up across the street if they didn't have a sealed copy.

They do raise a good point. Why DIDN'T you just do that?

>buyout thinkgeek
>remove all the sysadmin/actual nerd stuff
>replace it with generic vidya nerd crap you can get at target (for less)
Why am business no good???

Why shop at gamestop when you can buy from literally anywhere else? There's nothing appealing about gamestop in [current year] and hasnt been for a few years now especially with the amazon domination pretty much shits on them.

They're gonna be dead in a year or two.

The one that still makes me chuckle to myself is when they give you a 20 second spiel about putting a "warranty for your game disc that's only a dollar". Think about what they're doing. Switch is all cartridges, PS4 and Xbone are hardened blu-ray discs that are almost impossible to scratch. They are still operating on Wii and 360 game warranty systems. They haven't evolved. They are so desperate for that dollar, they are gambling on every customer, in the hopes that they get one clueless dude who doesn't know his game disc is virtually indestructible now. You stagnate, you die.

Attached: 1496859269431.jpg (540x366, 78K)

>There are gameURs who want to see physical media go away.
>So publishers can keep even more profit that will never come back to the consumer and put the power on digital store fronts who don't have to compete with anyone in their oligopolies.

Attached: 1514249535088.png (446x375, 311K)

I'm an idiot and I didn't realize until 4 years ago I can just not go lol.

>Anything you wanna preorder? Yearly sports franchise 1 and 2 and the new season of Call of Duty is about to drop.
No I'm good.
>Are you sure they are really changing it up this year?
No.
>Do you want to renew your Power Up Rewards Pro™? $15 a year and you get that amazing magazine.
No. I hardly ever come here.
>Come on man its worth it for the magazine alone!
No.
>Disc protection on that? Gotta protect these investments you know buddy games aren't cheap.
I'm ok.
>You sure? Its only a couple of bucks you never know what can happen!
I don't want it.
>Ok total comes to $XX.XX.
Whats that?
>Oh that's the disc protection.
I said I didn't want it.
>Oh haha woops you know it just makes sense to have you sure you wanna remove it?

There are chains besides Gamestop (I have a Disc Replay and a local comics store that also sells games near me) and of course you can order anything online.

Just don't go nigga lol.

>getting back into console vidya after being mmofag for years
>walk into gamestop on pikmin 3 release date
>”one copy of pikmin 3 please”
>”sorry we only have enough for pre orders”
>”ok”
>walk across street to walmart and buy it there
still haven’t been inside a gamestop since

Attached: 1BCC9A13-0A74-4B2E-B3E1-F0000AE6D69B.jpg (825x464, 65K)

Don't you have this idea that people who work at a Gamestop are really avid video game players? I know I do. We aren't talking about Namco Museum Mega-mix for the Wii he doesn't know about. MGS5 was the biggest, most anticipated game for 2015. If you are even peripherally aware of video games, you probably know at least the fucking title of the game, no?

I feel happy i got out of being a virgin and getting pussy it feels good.

Physical media has literally already died. You get a shelf placebo but that won't matter when the servers are offline to get the patches.

With the sixth generation and back, you have the entire game on the disc. You literally have the whole game.

I'm not saying you will lose your games, I'm saying the shelf aspect is pointless. You can already install patches on jailbroken PS3s. I have a PS2 loaded with 200 game isos on the internal hard drive. I'm not spending $100 for Echo Night Beyond or $300 for Rule of Rose or whatever, and you won't either in the future just to "really own your games". You will get the patched isos like everyone else.

There are other physical stores besides the shitstain that is Gamestop. Fuck off, bootlicker.

I'm surprised they didn't just sell you somebody's pre-order copy hoping one of them wouldn't come in for it until restocks, that's usual schisterstop policy in my experience.

Can you speak in layman's terms? I don't understand any of that business jargon you just said.

is that a tranny...?

>you probably know at least the fucking title of the game, no?

Obviously not, not everyone keeps up on it, there's 7 billion people on the planet, not all of them are going to know about MGS5.

If I get a job at Home Depot it doesn't mean I know anything about power tools or home improvement or that I'm informed about the hot new line of weed whackers that everyone's abuzz about, its just a job.

This
I'm black and blonde, tan bitches are always the thirstiest

I had some asshole manager transferred in to the Gamestop I used to shop in try to argue with some dude into buying a 'protection plan' for a game purchase for various reasons such as "if the game has glitches"
The new manager is a complete scumbag according to both his former employees and a friend of mine who happens to manage another location, so I'm not surprised he's badgering people into shit they don't need AND allegedly tacking protection plans onto transactions without the customer's consent.

Attached: 1496193891340.jpg (960x960, 175K)

You better hope physical media never dies completely, because if it does, then the only way to get a game will be digitally, so in theory they could keep the price of the game at $60 forever. Don't like it? Well fuck you, if you wanna play this game, pay what I'm asking for it. You don't have a choice. Go look up the price of Call of Duty BLOPS 2 on Steam, and the check the price for the PS3 version from Gamestop. Which price would you rather pay.

>They haven't evolved. They are so desperate for that dollar, they are gambling on every customer, in the hopes that they get one clueless dude who doesn't know his game disc is virtually indestructible now. You stagnate, you die.

To give them at least a little bit of credit, it's not the same plan they offered 6 years ago. They used to be sticklers about exactly what it covered - shit like cracks in the disc, burns, basically if it was any kind of damage that wasn't some kind of scratch they refused to replace it.

They changed the scope of coverage, basically so long as you have something to bring back to them that is obviously what they bought (and have the label or receipt), you're covered. Granted that it doesn't change the fact that you have to TRY to cause serious damage to the product to actually need to replace it, but on the other hand they'll replace stuff that doesn't even have visible damage - just get a fresh copy every year if you want.

Calm down reseller try dropping Rayearth a couple hundred.

Really? I didn't know how any of it worked. Interesting. So what is it, like a lifetime warranty now?

implying it wont get shipped back to corporate overnight and wholesaled to amazon or someshit without any of the employees even knowing

when gamestop closes the employees are going to come in fully expecting their job to be there and the doors will just be locked

>so in theory they could keep the price of the game at $60 forever. Don't like it? Well fuck you
>expecting game prices to stay at $60 even with digital distribution taking over

You do know that a greater degree of control over the market means inflation of prices, right? They can start saying "Fuck you, $100 is the price for a AAA game and if you don't like it you don't get it."

Not saying they'll jump right to that but you better believe publishers will start experimenting with price ranges to see what the new consumer base will find acceptable for something they think they still "own". Actually, they've already started covertly doing that with "deluxe" editions that are $70-80 instead. Won't be long before there's nothing deluxe about them.

The only way to get a game is ALREADY digital!! The day one patch!!

It's still 1 year like always, but practically speaking you can claim the product is defective and demand a replacement, basically anything except asking for a replacement with nothing to return to them in exchange is allowed.

Just don't be an asshole and abuse common sense, even corporate isn't going to take your side if they have a record of you replacing the same game for 4 years straight.

>people care this much about some sperg at a counter asking them to sign up for something
Normies are the worst. Just say no and move on with your life you faggots.

Based.

Attached: 1538082280253.jpg (658x632, 35K)

With how GameStop operates, I expect it will be exactly this. Or a Livestream of all the games being dumped into an incinerator and with the CEO pushes the button.

Customers aren't getting shit.

I wanna see fatty and shaggy double team the blonde.
Still interested in the above as long as it hasn't mutilated it's genitals.

honestly would be surprised if they did any kind of sale with how gamestop operates. Probably just store shit in a warehouse and never dip in price or just sell wholesale to amazon

>t. brainlet
The PS store drops prices if you’re willing to wait a few months. eShop is the only one that offers shit prices, and Nintendo sells far more physical than digital.

How would he know until he went there?

This. The last game I bought from GS was the Witcher 2. They asked me at checkout and I said no. Simple.

While I have no problem with trans in general (do w/e the fuck you want as long as it's not actively hurting anyone else is my life philosophy) faggots like this piss me off. That dude must be off his estrogen meds to lose his shit like that for something as inconsequential as someone addressing you that way.

Except we pump money into schools in DC like crazy and the grades still suck. Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

>tfw local gamestop just closed down out of nowhere after 15 years
It's a bittersweet feeling since they're such a shitty corporation that's fucked over a lot of small businesses though I have good memories of visiting the place back in high school (felt like a totally different store in 2007-2010).

Attached: image.jpg (1272x720, 167K)

Imagine the dumbfuck who bought shares in February at $15 dollars. You know there's at least one person.

Attached: 1381071642681.gif (150x112, 72K)

Most people I know avoid gamestop like the plague. Horrible customer service, archaic website, no free shipping after minimum purchase, shittiest awards program around. The thing that did them in for me was when they sent me my Smash Ultimate collector edition in a shittily packaged box and it was all dented up. Now I cant wait to see them go under. Let someone else lead the charge for physical media.

Shit, pay me and I'll make better lessons than any I got throughout K12, aside from a couple AP classes.
Half of these teachers you can't even fire just phone that shit in from the internet these days, I'm sure it's even worse

Most people dont care about a plastic container, if you do your brain is too far done the consumerism hole.

you're neither, leftist

Last game I bought from them was Final Fantasy IV complete collection for the psp. Had such a shit experience that I never went back.

Attached: 2B885569-4CA1-4701-9FF3-20BAFDF144E4.jpg (1024x576, 58K)

sorry, I meant mudshark

Is Disc Replay still doing good?
They're the only one of these vidya chains I kind of like.

Starting my first day at Gamestop tomorrow. Feels good to be a parttimefag so I don't have to worry if I get fired.

This implies repetition, that it isn't the first time he went in looking for a sealed copy and instead getting the gutted display case.

After the second time, why even go to that store anymore? Especially when the competition began to get pretty serious and beat out GameStop's deals. Best Buy's in particular was stupid good for the price.

Maybe I'm just spoiled because I live in a city where there are tons of other local options to buy stuff, and it's usually either cheaper or way more pleasant. Going to GameStop these days is just depressing.

To be fair, no president would. It's too easy of a scapegoat. Boomers left and right would roar at any president for that.
Cash for clunkers? Even the red state neck boomers love Obama now!

My condolences
you should apply to a costco or something if you're doing part time, you can get $15 an hour starting

Cars have very little margins compared to extended warranty, doesn't mean dealerships don't realise why you're her in the first place.

Or, there's caring about stuff you're spending money on. Japan has a social contract in place where you get more money the better condition your item is in. It's not a lot, but showing you actually care for the stuff you buy does have its rewards.

Here, it's all one flat rate, so it defeats having to keep a complete set, so it doesn't matter when you trade back something complete. It still costs the same as the scratched up disc Jamal traded in after stealing it from someone's binder.

kek

game stop actually throws away the actual cases, when the game was brought in it most likely had the legit case, the dumpsters behind the store always have game cases and manuals in them.

From experience shopping at similar stores that went out of business you aren’t getting very good deals. The good products are getting bought by insiders and other companies to resell before they end up on the store floor for us. Anything that is listed in the out of business sale is what the buyers didn’t want, so unless you want random ass old games good luck

The one where I used to live started branching out like crazy and started selling books. Other than that they seem to be doing alright.

You will all miss it when its gone

over in Japan if a game console works just fine but is missing a video cable or power cable it is sold as broken or spare parts, you get real cheap PS2s that way.

>The good products are getting bought by insiders and other companies to resell

Can confirm. Worked at a Blockbuster before the company began to shutter in 2013. My store closed, and when we got the word, we were told to pack up the games to ship them to other stores, as well as the newer movies. Everything else was fair game, so we employees took first dibs on what was left. After we had our shit hoarded, everything else went to the venture vultures that like to come in to pick clean the store.

I got a PS3 for $35 that way.

>want the new fire emblem
>trying not to spend any more money this month
>grab a pile of some games collecting dust
>get enough trade to get fire emblem free with $30 more left over
>fucking gamestop
i feel like i should trade everything else in before they go under

Attached: 2183E4DF-15D2-4B91-A38A-3DF799F188B9.jpg (383x353, 41K)

>vidya stores
say hello to Stadia

It's the "TRANS RIGHTS!" thing that pisses me off.
What basic human rights are they denied that the rest of us have? Why make a new flag when the entire purpose of the rainbow flag was to be inclusive of literally everyone?
Do some of them get assualted by shitbags because they can't pass? Maybe, and that sucks. I got my ass beat for living in a white male in a black ghetto. Shit happens. Hopefully we will all learn to get along eventually, but easier said than done.
Also, I still think they are mentally ill on the level of body identity integrity disorder. I don't think mutilating their dick is the answer, the same as amputating someone's arm as treatment for them wanting their arm amputated.

Not really after seeing what it's become the past 4 or 5 years, I mean it was already a shitty business but they went WAY downhill during this console gen.

No don't it's a complete waste, you're better off just selling your games on craigslist or ebay.

enjoy when amazon throws its hat in and becomes the official digital distributor

or you can sell it on eBay? Gamestop will literally give you pennies for your shit.

Theyre selling thinkgeek shit when they SHOULD be expanding to PC gaming and even streaming products since that shit is trending higher than ever. Pay more for qualified personnel who can run basic PC building/console repairs for full shifts and build the reputation back up as the one-stop shop for anything and everything videogame related.

Don't compete with best buy, rather compete with their geek squad

Nah, they are really shit and predatory. You feel no love for the medium from their venues and they are unironically worse for the games industry than any basic big box seller. Best buy does more for video games than Gamestop.

If I wasn't able to get free funbucks from them, I wouldn't shop there. As it stands, I'm OK with them. Pic related is one of three cards I have above 200.

Attached: GC Funbucks_2.png (568x443, 39K)

Not after they got rid of there gamer club thing

They've already been the top one for the past decade slowpoke, I'm a physicalfag but I'll be damned if I'm going to support Gamestop.

I have a few near me and it’s exactly the same thing and the retro games they sell are normally 4 or 5 times the price of the game on amazon. There were two other local game stores near me but they both closed this last year.

>I used to work at Sears. We had our retarded rewards program
AHHHHHHHH, Did they push the "Its not a customer its a member" bs on you too?. I worked on just stocking around the store, cool co workers but the bullshit coming from corporate was amazing. Also, from what mattress department told me, the sales in mattresses are all bullshit. The sale price is the regular price except they change the color on the tops slightly so it qualifies as a different product to get around the fact that you cant have a sale forever.

jews gonna jew

>Fuckers kept trying to sell me "new" games that aren't sealed
is this something that only GameStops in low income areas do? My GameStop always keeps the games sealed.

how do you have so much in "free" gift cards? rewards program?

Sounds like any other salaried type job. Fuck off, coddled bitch

I only like GameStop because I can get games the night before release at 9 PM if I pre-order them

>former Armenian classmate opened a retro game store
>prices were sucker tier
>Armenians were also genocided
Uh, guys, I'm getting uncomfortable.

>If I had my way summer vacation would be shorter 2 week break then back to school for a month
Fuck that, you only end up with more time for stupid testing. Let the youngings make memories with their friends, not everything is about school.

What a bitch

really makes ur noggin joggin

Shill post incoming but I like Disc Replay too. Mainly because of how easy it is to make purchases and returns, but something that really stuck me is how clean and high quality their game consoles are. Cleaned inside and out and in the case of the slim PS2 I bought a new laser assembly had been installed.

Maybe if they'd sell actual games and not faggoty "geek" memorabilia they'd probably start making money. They sell retro games online but won't sell them in store? Wtf? They even throw the cases away for used DS/3DS so they can make room for fucking Funko pop and pickle rick plush dolls. I've literally never seen anyone buy that in store, not even the faggots that frequent those shit holes would demean them selves with a purchase like that. What the fuck is gamestop even doing?
I miss funcoland.

I quit shopping in store when they started tearing the shrink wrap off, taking the game out of the box and still trying to sell it to me 'new'.
I still ordered a few collector's editions online here and there since they dont do it to those, but other than that, fuck that shithole and fuck jannies.

Attached: 1562647740073.jpg (940x672, 249K)

Their stupid policy of opening "new" games was especially ridiculous for DS/Wii/3DS/WiiU games since they would ALWAYS fucking "lose" the pack in pamphlets with club nintendo codes on them.

Also good value purchasing a a new game with scratches on it because they opened it to put the disc in a fucking slip case.

b-bros...

Attached: timeline shift.png (394x195, 9K)

Buy low, sell high. Common merchant stuff.

good. i pre-ordered the 20th anniversary digivices like a month ago, heard no word from them, found out i would be able to pick the colors, so i just ordered them on Amazon instead.

walked into the store to cancel my "preorder" to find out they had them out on the shelves for days and we're nearly sold out. the two they held for me weren't even the fucking colors i wanted. he was so mad about the cancellation too. not my fucking fault you never called me you fucking faggot.

>Make their own lesson plans
You mean do work once every few years when the school buys new books? I actually remember having to do a career path project in high school and my english teacher telling us it was a myth that teachers didn't make any money, that she made over 90k a year. I definitely did not live in a rich city either

there was only one local game store besides GameStop near me and they are gone now, my only option once GameStop closes is Best Buy or Walmart and they don’t get a game stocked on shelf until about a month after it releases, it sucks.

It depends on the store, but if you want to buy a copy of a game, and it's the last one they have in stock, chances are it's their display unit. I do agree that a display title should have a small discount for the inconvenience (about 5-10% off)

hahaha the local mom and pop game store in my town was like that too, their prices were worse than eBay. They’re gone now.

>time traveling anti-semites
WHERE IS HITLER'S CORPSE? DID HE DIE?

Gamestop will go up sharp once the Xbox and Playstation drop

Buy now, sell after release

She was actually very good looking. That must have happened to her so much during her shifts

Marriage doesn't mean shit if you're good looking. Just depends on if you want to fuck another man's cum dumpster

Hitler was better than jew stop

Aside from that stupid Fedora I'm surprised by again and again idiots actually wear, his outfit is average nobody gives a shit it's hot outside faire.

you think the fall will be that sudden? I figured they’d at least make it to spring maybe summer 2020. I think the holiday season will keep them afloat a little bit.

She thinks more about herself then her child

Better at being evil or making people hate jews?

dads don't care about fashion

More like does the wife choose to be your cumdumpster. Sounds like no, in his case.

How is it even still in business? People stopped buying physical copies a decade ago.

Attached: guweiz_66659606_129556034937013_2980321253715668360_n.jpg (1080x1350, 72K)

You people disgust me in your disregard for actual gamers. This is the typical gamer from 00 to 2010. This is what you faggots constantly lament about being uprooted by the SJWs and libtards. You act like gamers used to be just a bunch of body builders with 200k a year jobs but it was never that. It was fedora wearing, game shirt wearing, neckbeard having, socially inept, either skinny or fat, unwashed people like this. You act like nintendo didn't exist before 2016 because all the bing bing wahoo and labo memes convinced you that nintendo was some new toy company, not a staple of gaming. this is what you wanted from gaming.

Well she was being loyal. Or I was beaten with an ugly stick and there was no way she’d fuck me

Imagine the Heraclean donkeypunch he delivers to the back of her leathery milf head, smelling faintly of peroxide, with those fatard, mixed-somoan orangutan arms.
Her asshole must turn into an allen nut.

Same, I've never gotten a broken game from there and they keep their dreamcast controllers in good condition.

People who actually play video games disgust me.

I have always hated Gamestop, but I really don't want to see a physical game store go. CEX will be my only option then on.

Attached: howler monkey.jpg (300x286, 26K)

I had this same shit happen to me
I asked them about mega man 11 and if they had any new copies and they said "sure"
Then they pull out a fucking bag with the cart inside and the case on the display shelf they wanted me to take was covered in shit and stickers. yeah fuck that. It's insulting that they think I'm that stupid to not know what a new copy is. Fuck them and their shitty funko pop store

I've never actually met a gamer that fit this description

There's a reason why trading shit into gamestop is a meme. Please don't do that user. Ebay will be much better

Good, fuck that shit. Glad it is dead. They made the process of shopping there so fucking obnoxious that I genuinely hated shopping there. No, I don't want to preorder sportsball [current yeah], no I don't want a fucking magazine subscription, no I don't want a fucking gamestop card. Last time I went into a gamestop and bought a game the employee at the counter went on for like a full minute about how I should get a gamestop card after I told him I didn't fucking want one.
What a fucking joke of a store.

>quality has gone down for decades.
>Nothing to do with blacks
Guess what happens when you spend almost 2 billion dollars to give black students the best school environment, using taxpayer's money? This isn't an isolated incident either.

cato.org/publications/commentary/americas-most-costly-educational-failure

Attached: Kansas City.jpg (861x261, 76K)

Gutted/opened games is the reason I stopped shopping there as well.

Several reasons
>doctors/psychologists who would rather get money prescribing hrt and surgery than deal with the mental issues these people have to feel so uncomfortable in their own bodies
>Oppression olympics. People on the left will act as the saviors/champions of any 'oppressed' group, and constantly push trans as being normal so they can look/feel good online
Though the biggest reason
>You cannot openly be against trans without risk coming to your career/reputation
The sentence "I believe a man is a man and a woman is a woman" will get the lefty hatemob to riot and try everything within their power to get you fired. That's why not many people actually speak up about trans is just a mental illness irl or on any internet forum with accounts that can be tied back to your real identity

It's worth noting that their "gutted" new games aren't new at all. Not only have they been opened and stuffed in a paper sleeve for the box to go on the shelf, those are the copies that employees take home to play

Attached: 1501733717389.jpg (670x503, 106K)

>preorder sportsball [current yeah]
Has US gsmestop been surviving purely on divegrass, apehoop, and and handegg?
If so, stop fucking us over, minorities and frat bros.
Sports games are the once place dlc would make good sense, but you still buy a new game every year.

aww yes
I would totally love to buy me some games with stickers everywhere and nutshack box art

One time I had this young Korean girl employee come over to the game rack where I was browsing, and she just posted up and started talking to me, and wouldn't stop. I thought she was just being a friendly employee at first, then I realized she was talking about a Sony 3D tv they had in the back, then talking about their rewards program, I mean this shit went on for over 5 minutes straight. I couldn't even concentrate on the games. I have been in there when it has been criminally insane the shit they try to sell you. You'd think they were selling BMW's or Cadillacs. She was just a kid too.

Yes, you're so oppressed, these evil trannies are all out to get you, you poor, poor thing

In my experience going out of business sales are almost always shitty. They just use the fact that they are going out of business to draw in last minute customers who are expecting a deal, and most likely buy something since they made the trip
>grocery store went under had a going out of business sale because they were retards and charging almost double the prices of other nearby stores and went under
>Booze was 10-20% off
>Still more expensive than if you just went to another store down the road

>hardware store had going out of business sale
>none of the big things were on a decent sale at all, only shit like nails/bolts got big discounts

>blockbuster near me had a going out of business sale
>games were still around $30-50 if they were relatively new
>movies were $10
There was also a poster store at the mall that claimed to be going out of business and having a massive sale, but a year later I saw that they were still there, and still having the 'going out of business' sale

See that's the thing, new versions of those games basically ARE dlc, but it is actually more profitable to sell the entire package plus the new models or whatever all over again and call it a new game.
People who buy those games ARE actually THAT retarded.

Illinois here, even our upscale areas gut the copies and stick them in paper cases. It's standard practice to gut display copies which is why you should never buy new at Gamestop.

I hope you're just trying to troll him, because nothing you said has anything to do with what he said.

Her dad is probably an Asian salesmen. I respect the insects for the same miserable drive they instill in their children.

>People I don't like are less than human/mentally ill

Dilate.

I actively avoid it as well, I honestly believe they wouldn't be in as shitty a spot as they are if they weren't so fucking keen on making the process of shopping there as annoying as possible.

There is a gamestop a 5 minute walk from my house, and I would still rather go to the target or even the fucking walmart to buy physical games, both of which are much farther away.

They really have only themselves to blame, honestly.

wait, you're telling me to dilate? Hmm...

Attached: 1512772808671.jpg (540x527, 28K)

consoles make fuck all and you'll be lucky if people buy two launch titles on release. considering the state of backwards compatibility some people might not buy any games and just play their last gen games until something good comes out.

I'm someone who likes physical games and hates in when amazon delays my delivery, or even just delivers it on time but late in the day.

I would love it if there was a store I could walk into on release day and buy a game without having to hunt down some walmart employee to open the glass for me.

A store where I could do that without being harassed for a warranty, pre-orders on other games, rewards cards, magazine subscriptions, or anything else like that.

All gamestop has to do is be that store. People can blame their failing on digital games, but even for purely physical games they can't do it right.

>worked at a grocery store
>one day they offer me a cushy shift just trying to sign up people for the new store credit card instead of bagging/stocking/and pushing carts
>NO ONE wanted to open a credit card for a fucking grocery store, obviously
>next day they tell me that I can't have that cushy shift anymore and get some girl to do it since some retards will do anything if a girl smiles at them

Preaching to the choir, but I appreciate you expounding on my post.

You think that's what it was? I think I might've been like the only person in the store, so I always imagined her manager like elbowing her and nodding his head in my direction. Like "store's empty. Go work on that guy over there."

The ones who aren't independently wealthy work summer teaching jobs. What kind of smooth brain have you been cursed with that you think because SCHOOL'S OUT that they suddenly don't need to pay bills? Have you ever been around a group of kids as an adult? They're pretty insufferable. Now imagine you're responsible for them when they're locked in some shit classroom doing work they hate.

You sound like you're in high school.

According to you Amerimutts wall women are because your only contact with women are your BLACKED videos.

Yes, millennials are not doing anything at all, right?

>wall women

you just outed yourself you serial killer psychopath.

The manager was probably doing so as well. But Asians encourage that "salaryman" mindset which would make her try her hardest even if she doesn't even get commission.
Again, I actually kind of respect that. I wish my dad had lit a bigger, more redneck style fire under my ass. I'd probably be more productive.
Except chinks. They'll cut every corner they can.

Have sex after dilating.

they definitely arent allowed to do it but can get away with it easily if they are friends with the manager who is also doing that.
my brother was a manager at GameStop for years and basically cleaned the place out every month.

>used gamea at gamestop
How they even do it? Most games come with unique steam/uplay/etc code.

Sharing story for no reason:

>be me, 25
>assistant manager of the slowest EB Games in the 3 closest districts
>district manager is a lisp-having, bald-headed, middle management dickhole
>once asked me to "reverse alphabetize the DS section"
>I asked him "why?"
>"Just do it"
>"Nah" (at this point I was trying to get fired because I was going to quit in a month to start my actual career)
>he leaves in huff because, I learned later, you can't get fired outright unless you hurt someone or steal
>my time comes around and I just quit without saying anything, just throw my key at the cunt who was the new store manager
>times passes
>hear district manager got fired because he basically delegated himself out of a job by making others do his work
>walk into a 5 Guys one day, he's working the register
>I cannot stop laughing for a week

>People stopped buying physical copies a decade ago.
No, they really didn't

It's the Best Buy thing. Best Buy stays in business where Circuit City crashed and burned due to heavily shilling a shitty warranty and suckers buying it. The Circuit City warranty was actually pretty decent, which is why all the executives fled to Car Max to shill a Best Buy shitty warranty on used cars and make tons of money off idiots. Gamestop tried to do the same thing, but no one in their right mind is gonna join a "gamers' club" or whatever the fuck it was. I haven't stepped foot in a Gamestop since the n3DS released.

buy high sell low, right? Never change, /biz/

I'm not sure if they still do it, but they used to sell the codes separately too

>Worked at EB Games for a few months.
>We actually gut the retail PC games.
>When working alone write down serial numbers for games.
>Sell or trade the serials to other people online.

Scumbag move but I gots get paid!

Attached: 1563835579369.jpg (600x801, 77K)

One of life's greatest pleasures is bumping into your old retail manager and the cunt is still working retail or some shit job and you've moved on to bigger andd better things.

Best Buy has been shit about customer service for almost 20 years, to my knowledge.
On a similar note, Sony has sold some fucking garbage and gotten away with it (here's a stereo boombox, oh wait, it's fucking mono but dumb murrican niggers won't know) alongside their constant format war bullshit, which they finally won.
If sony perished, I honestly wouldn't care, as much as I loved the ps2.

Cool story bro

Uh oh spaghetti oh I see a nipple!
MODS!!!!!!!!!
MOOOOOOOOODDDSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
MY AD REVENUEEEEEEEEE

There is a Gamestop near my place that actually keeps new copies in a locked shelf still wrapped in original plastic wrap. That is the best Gamestop I ever did business with.

I predicted Gamestop would implode with digital distribution having grown and currently is my number one method of buying games. Plus, other stores have the same products for about the same price unless there is a big sale.

I got a free copy of BF3, some WoW expansions, and some other assorted crap. I bet most of those games ended up being destroyed anyway, since barely anyone bought PC games even back when I was working for them.

doujin covers never show nipples

same but with club nintendo codes

You can literally see a nipple on her right breast, left side from our view

That's a pepperoni slice, dumb nigger.

Attached: 1562541246148.jpg (1121x917, 128K)

Success is the best revenge.
>tfw said as a galaxy brain turned NEET via alcohol

Attached: 1545531224274.jpg (1275x1920, 227K)

This, mom'n'pop shops are a fucking meme. They price match with the most expensive listing on Amazon and Ebay.

I used to work there as a seasonal employee, they force you to uptalk the fucking people and worse they want you to walk around the shop asking and harassing people into buying shit. This autistic mestizo I used to work with would literally harass and ramble about his games to everyone, even regular ass rocker dads who were obviously just buying a game for their son. Such a shitty corporation

I have $100+ in gift cards lying around but I really don't want to drive down there and use them

>becoming tranny just to go after lesbians
Not an isolated case sadly. There's this one autistic fuckup I knew a decade ago that went this route after a pussy free college life. Luckily being a tranny was frowned upon here, as was being an autistic fuckup, so a lot of people were eager to tell him he's a mentally ill faggot.

i am REMOVING my ads from this site!!
that's right, I'M GONE! mr. janitor, you're FIRED!

>Buying a company that just had a liquidation dividend
I hope no one honestly did this.

Attached: 1562288693632.jpg (692x709, 223K)

>pussy free college life
Essentially an oxymoron. You have to really suck at being able to close the deal for this to happen. They literally put you in COED DORMS. LIKE ANIME! GET DRUNK WITH HERE! (Or is that rape now?)
If you fuck it up at that point, it's becoming increasingly hopeless.

Honestly, it won't be as good as when radio shack died. It was probably more profitable to sell iphone cases and cat-5 cable at 90% off than it was to wholesale it. Video games, especially games that held their value like Nintendo first-parties, not so much. Expect to there to be plenty of fucking plushies, broken third-party controllers, and Zelda puzzles, though.

Attached: 1247546134378.jpg (265x297, 11K)

That's kinda hot

Use them on their online store and convert them to another platform's funbux.

SONIC SEZ ITS A PEPPERONI SLICE YOU MOTHERFUCKING COCK JOCKEYING JABRONI!

Good

>tfw commuter

> bought a Hot Toys t-800 battle damaged Terminator for 150 dollars on ebay years ago
>tfw its going for ~650 now
I'm never going to sell it though, shits awesome

Attached: 8l0Gj.gif (300x177, 497K)

Is your car nice? Hope might yet not be dead.

You know, someone's going to buy all those Gamestop credit card debts for pennies on the dollar and then fucking call your house at 3AM every night for months looking for that money.

>don't answer
Wa la. But yeah, his credit is fucked.

Based Gamestop trying to prevent you from wasting your money

I don't even shop at EB games, and they don't try to upsell you. Brick and mortar stores are just unpleasant experiences and I doubt they're going to last much longer.

In regards to everything, not just games. I honestly think in 10 years even grocery stores are going to be dying out as people just order their shit online. Shits going the way of assisted gasoline pumps or serviced checkouts.

A co worker of mine told me he got the Gamestop credit card. I told him he was a retard. A week later he was giving somebody some shitty lecture about "bad decisions", he was being really condescending, I said "I don't think mr Gamestop credit card is in the position to give anybody advice on life choices". You should have seen him ree. Beautiful. Smash that bell.

This happened for Awakening, went to Gamestop, got that line, went to Target, instant pristine copy

wow fuck good thing I pre ordered only 2019 games

>b-but why do you pre order fag

because in my shithole country they do not get day one copies unless you pre order

Hey girl, you like my ride? Yeah it was manufactured before the 9/11 terror attacks, but hey at least its got a digital speedometer

Its a great car though

Attached: 2001.jpg (480x360, 33K)

What is up with them and them selling these chibi toy things. Are those trendy new collectible items for zoomers?

Consolecuckoldry

I made a dude in a bugati jealous despite driving a heaping pile of mitsubishi that probably reads 195hp these days with quick shifts, so who knows?
Take her for a tour around town as the "well to do commuter" and try to christen that back seat.

There are still many stores where you can buy physical that are better than fucking gamestop.

Suprised brick and mortar game stores even still exist. Why are people pre-ordering physical copies of games when nearly everything can be downloaded? The only reason I can think of is tech-ignorant parents buying presents for their kids or pre-order/collector's editon physical bonus stuff, but if you're buying that shit in 2019 you're probably too young to be posting here anyway so what does your opinion even matter anway?

Realistically speaking, what would happen if gamestop actually gets shut down and people have already paid some preorder games at them? Are they still tied to get those games to people or are they tied to return the money back at people?

"Trans" is the new forced counter-culture. 98% of these "muh pronouns, muh gender" people are just doing it to get a rise out of people and artificially create discourse because having shouting matches with people is the only meaningful human interaction these garbage humans can get. The other 2% is either very low confidence or mentally ill.

usually if you ask they'll give you a sealed one, only time i had trouble with them is when it was the only "new" copy left

Maybe because they wanted to keep their shitty job?
Either way, its dumb business practice and one of the reasons why they won't be around for much longer.

>Paying money for DRM
Have fun with being locked out of your games when the license expires.

Everyone loses their money.

>day one obession after age 15
Still kinda ADHD zoomer

Yeah this. Look at her fedora son, that's pure mutt.

This will literally never happen. About as likely as a company sending a gestapo-esq squad to your house to confiscate your disc.

That’s a tranny? Looks more like a frat boy who lost a bet. I could feel the testosterone overflowing from that video.

I was a district manager and getting constant orders to push for more sales on funko pop and merch as opposed to games, as well as a large removal of games to put in MORE fucking merch was an actual trackable metric for how hard the stores I ran failed. Thank god I was mostly immune from the blowback because it's happening nationwide but I wish I could have told everyone to fuck off because I know a store run by a private franchisee that's still doing fantastic, he totally dodged all the merch and just does games, pretty much my entire customerbase went there.

You won't get any.
What's going to happen, much like with toys r us is:
>Anything valuable is shipped back to the warehouse for your area
>It's then put up for sale online, because gamestop's online store can run with a team of under 15 people
>the shit left in store is 850 copies of madden '11 and hannah montannah for wii that they still have marked up because of the cfw thing.

>>Yfw you got to see GameStop come and go in your lifetime

Attached: 1564195125525.png (500x477, 136K)

They have storage houses full of old gen games and shit somewhere.

Attached: 1365899355988.png (396x446, 456K)

Their warehouses are basically as poorly managed as their loose games drawer.

Generally, when a company folds, that is amongst the first liquid funds to go. Much to the dismay of investors, as opposed to IP holders.

You lose your cash, then there's a gigantic class action where you get a couple cents while lawyers take 99.9999% of the money.

this sounds really small time, how do you make enough to even bother

Unless they want a class action civil suite, which is a whole 'nother can of worms.

>Gamestop
>more expensive than department stores and online stores
>often times more expensive than digital too
>half of the store is stacked Funko Pops and other gay merch
>other half is the latest releases facing you with overprices old shit you have to twist your head to read the spines of
>bins of absolute garbage shovelware sectioning off the walkways
>massive posters hung by strings bat you on the head as you pass through
>can't even buy something without being offered a whole bunch of other programs
>have some retard insist you need to sign up with your phone and email to get a digital receipt instead of just printing you the fucking receipt with the machine that's right in front of you
>will often times try to sell opened games as "new" when you try to buy them instead of giving you a sealed copy
>ABSOLUTELY CRAZY PRICE MADNESS MUST GO INSANE VALUE deal is $10 more expensive than the normal price on Amazon
>trade-ins are an absolute joke, somehow giving you worse value than even a pawn shop

Attached: 1539493680812.webm (540x540, 2.92M)

why is the white guy beating up the japan guy?

asian guy got a phone call and his ringtone was the MGS codex noise.
white guy chased him into the anime club.

Pretty much, just hyperbole. 3.5 owners got $15 when they should have gotten $50.

Hahah, no.

>*dumps rare gamecube/ps2 games in trash*
>*opens the door*
>*gets on the floor*
>everyone walks the dinosaur

this is what gonna happen. no sales for you

What the fuck language are you speaking? Queer?

So how likely it is that GS actually gets shut down? And how quickly would that happen? Havent their stocks gone downhill for pretty long time already? I don't understand how these things work, but if their stokcs just keeps dropping they cant honestly hang around much longer right`?

his dog died in pearl harbor, hes getting revenge

nintendo did this to someone with an early copy of a pokemon game. take two will also send gestapo if you make a mod they don't like, but i don't believe they've confiscated games.

This is what happens when your business model is based on upselling customers on shit they don't want and trying to pressure them. They stop coming to your store because they don't want to be harassed

>wa la
It’s “voila” you stupid cunt

nah its just because niche retail stores are being annihilated by amazon. the only thing that will survive is walmart.

its called a violin you fucking idiot

Funko Pops have been around for years grandpa. They’re not new. Leave your house every now and then.

>tfw bodybuilder with 200k/yr job playing video games
get on my level nerd

>thinking I was saying “violin” or “viola” when I was obviously talking about a cello
Only 120 IQ and over here, boy. Know your role.

Attached: A5678BCC-0756-4EA0-971F-11F67EF11C56.jpg (1024x576, 49K)

>pathetically holding onto the guys leg despite getting the shit beaten out of him
>doesn't even try fighting back or blocking, is just desperately trying to knock him off balance (and doing a shitty job of it)
Honestly he should have just took the low road and punched the dude in the nuts. He's wearing track pants, he'd be on the floor instantly

>tfw went to gamestop to pick up 3H
>saw KH3 collectors edition with a $39.99 sticker on it
>guy charges me $60 for both and I tell him it had a different price since my total should be $100 plus tax
>cite their website listing regular edition at $24.99
>he ends up discounting me the $39.99 instead of $20 so I pay less than $90
I wonder if he's gonna lose his job lmao

retail cant get blown the fuck out soon enough, only job ive had where i felt actually useless. you would literally be contributing more to the world working the drive thru at mcdonalds.

I can't wait until they go under, that will be the only time you'll ever get deals at GameStop.

Didn't have any money when Blockbuster went out of business, I'm stocking up for the used game feeding frenzy when GS finally closes

Good point. They could have made a pretty penny selling pre-builts, repairing PCs, or even offering consultation on custom builds and selling parts. But that would conflict with their business model of paying their staff absolutely fucking nothing.

>thinking you'll get any good deals out of Gamestop dying
you'll probably gave to go dumpster diving if you want the good stuff

my body is ready

She is manipulative who wants to control her son's life in every way possible.

This is from the bar I go to. WTF
The guy gaijin was drunk and beating up the bartender because the gaijin did not want to pay the bill. Said gaijin then got kicked out of Japan

Always with the fucking fedora
When will fatties learn that when you're fat you'll look ridiculous no matter what you wear?

Attached: 1503269586469.jpg (347x366, 22K)

>polo
>basketball shorts
>sneakers with tube socks
>fedora
>all in one outfit
Pls go buy some actual clothing instead of your next game

falling for propaganda.

Attached: FEMOIDKNUCKLE.jpg (874x960, 96K)

cost per student.

Average wage is like 60k, you've swallowed the teachers union BS.

mutt

pro tip: buy the dip

>bailing out a videogame retailer is not equivalent to baling out the entire banking system that you told you you were going to insure all their loans anyway.

its the exact opposite, physical copies get more expensive and digital just get cheaper and cheaper.

You would have a window between the announced shutdown and closing to get your money back. After that you lose it.
There be no lawsuit look at boarders and TRU lawsuits over gift cards. Both cases the customers lost to the companies.

Oh boy I can't wait for their going out of business sale!
>everything 3% off for walk-in customers and what doesn't sell gets handed to a liquidation company for 99% off

Even at 8 years old I knew not to spend more than I have in my pockets, I'm afraid age isn't your issue, you are just a retard.

>he doesn’t know about the agreement you make when you preorder

It’s a suckers game mate. No lawyer worth their salt would touch it

Attached: 14371EF9-0D0F-48D5-98EC-A8C8F10B6756.gif (640x360, 2.7M)

Bud you are just dumb in general if at fucking 23 and you drown yourself in debt

This was what we were taught to do when I worked as a Christmas Casual for a big retail business back in 2017. I honestly don't know why people thinks this legitimately works, as most of the time when I did this (had to do it when the store or regional manager was in-store), people would get really shitty with you. Meanwhile, in the part-time position I had from early 2018 to end-of-March this year, I found it was much better to just give people space. Give potential customers a 'hello' or something after they've sepnt a minute in-store to let them know a member of staff was present and available, but outside of that just leave them to their own devices. I found I was making way more sales that way than constantly pestering them.

To spilt hairs it’s a supply demand thing, for awhile new AAA PC games were 12% cheaper than console but then the PC boom of 2014 turn that on its head and now they are just as pricey. Same thing here, demand and people’s stupidity will effect outcomes of cost.

>gaijin
Just call him what he actually is: white trash, bogan, redneck, etc.

They sure did user. Any person with the bare minimum of IQ levels could see right thru that shit. A fucking member. What's the point when EVERYONE CAN BECOME ONE, FOR FREE? The whole member crap is saved for Costco and stores of the like where there's an actual paywall to become a member and get member perks. What a joke.

>mfw this thread is still up even after I went to bed

Attached: 1563638774693.jpg (281x226, 25K)

Bogans are injuns

yeah i did. at 19 i was freaking out about whether or not i picked the right major to get a job with in the future. out of everyone i knew in college only 4-5 turned out to be burnout retards are needed 7 years to graduate

Hmm, let's compare the experience of buying a video game from GameStop vs Best Buy.

GameStop:
>walk in, store smells, it's humid
>unorganized merchandise everywhere
>t-shirts about unfunny gamer culture crap
>walls covered in Funko Pop garbage
>mystery box toys everywhere
>what the fuck even is this place anymore.jpg
>you get asked a trillion questions upon checking out (warranty, rewards card, credit card, pre-order, strategy guide)
>ffs

Best Buy:
>enter nice, air-conditioned store with cool ass tech
>get to wander around a little bit if you wish
>game section surprisingly organized and neat
>go to checkout, worker scans item, you pay, have a good day
>Best buy also offers free store pickup, too

your honest living is basically self torture. i can think of a lot of other menial jobs that pay better with better benefits and don't have as much stress and hassle as working at gamestop or fast food

this is the correct answer.
blacks that made it out of the ghettos are able to function well in the civilized world
never give people a crutch when both their legs work

The only reason I even go to it is because Nintendo won't stop giving them Pokemon event cards, and because they stock Totaku from time to time. Actually buying games at Gamestop is the worst experience imaginable.

>Can someone remind me as to why is this being pushed as normal again?
It's totally inexplicable, there's nothing "causing" it to be pushed, it's just a force of nature you shouldn't think about

Attached: the nose knows.png (262x276, 16K)

we're in a woke death spiral

>teachers need to pay for all supplies out of their own underpaid pockets.
Most skilled trades buy their own tools, teachers should get the fuck over themselves.

They need to start putting retro games in stores. That Spawnwave fucker is right, I have no reason to go to a GameStop, I basically know exactly what will be there. If they had retro games it's untelling what would be there, and I would have a reason to go, maybe even to multiple GameStops a day.

What specific, material, and measurable benefits have black americans, as a group, derived from desegregation?

>Go to Gamespot to buy Sekiro because I buy all my Souls games physically because I fucking love them
>Cashier and I talk Souls and BB and all that
>They try to get me a Limited Edition (probably because they realize I love the games and it was a hushed tone) but when I see it I change my mind. I didn't want something that big, just a case.
>Buy the game and I'm on my way out

They were probably the least pushy employee I've had in well over a decade.

Illusion of sovereignty

welfare

Planned parenthood

>Physical games will die in your lifetime

Just yesterday I was going through a Wallmart and I was so saddened by how the PC game section is this tiny little thing that just sells the Sims. I remember going there as a kid and getting my parents to buy me any assortment of RTS or old WW2 shooters.

Reminds me of an in 'n out employee
>went to drive through for burgers
>paid with a credit card
>he hands me back my card
>minute later gives me a couple dollars in change and my food
>drive away with the food and the money
I doubt he got in much trouble for it, but it's still funny

the only good ones left are smallish franchises that carry literally everything from every gen of console, dvd/vhs media, and do repairs. most game stop stores that have space are converted to half games and half merchandise which there can not be that much demand for.

It would be cool to see a resurgence of mom and pop stores. I have shopped at gamestop maybe 3 times in the last 3 years and i buy pretty frequently

I don't know about you user but anytime I've been to Best Buy in the last 3-5 years I'm annoyingly harassed by employees every 2 minutes asking if I need help with anything. Gamestop employees legit don't care where I'm from.

>no more browsing the isles of video rental stores and blindly picking what looks cool just from the images on the back of the box
>no more going to a store and seeing isles full of PC games you never even knew existed and buying one, only to find out it is absolutely amazing

It's a boomer feel for sure, but i can't help but miss it, no matter how much more convenient things are these days.

Attached: 1544495844502.jpg (833x906, 337K)

>bestbuy
>shit floor people, good cashiers
>gamestop
>no floor people, their cashiers more than make up for it by being doubly obnoxious and thensome
I still shop at BestBuy when I have to buy console games. It's simple enough to just skip the floor and go ask for the game at the cashier since they keep the news ones locked up up there anyways. Skip all the bullshit and get straight to my items-per-minute regulated, no-loyalty-program-speech-having qt azn spinner cashier.

I guess it's YMMV but the Gamestop folks around me give two shits less. I've gone with friends a few times who want to pick things up and it's generally pretty laid back. I definitely have a prejudice againt GameStop, they illegally terminated me on my birthday after working there for 6 years, so if I can say something nice it speaks volumes.

>>no more browsing the isles of video rental stores and blindly picking what looks cool just from the images on the back of the box

I didn't know what the hell Freedom Fighters was, all that it looked cool. So when I got my folks to rent it for me in 2004, it blew my mind. Now when I go to the Red Box to rent games, I already know all the games and what they're about and such thanks to the internet.

Attached: 1439828198840.jpg (234x221, 7K)