Daggerfall Workshop

ITS OUT FOLKS!
>twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/1156017746645114884

Attached: levitate-on.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=1642
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1176
twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/1156017746645114884
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2242
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=888
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=1689
twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/1156022699904253952
twitter.com/allthefallen3/status/1152580839131111424
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nice. Now I can finally play Daggerfall.

Cool. Can't wait for people to mod the ever loving shit out of it. It seems like a perfect platform/foundation for modding.

Attached: PDX5jUj.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

>Unity

>google it
>one of the other first hits is an article "daggerfall unity remake makes it a lot more like skyrim"
>article claims that one or two modern conveniences makes it more like skyrim

Attached: fucking idiot.jpg (350x383, 37K)

What's the best way to play Morrowind?

>Wanting to play vanilla daggerfall with more bugs than Macragge in the 1st tyrannic invasion
how zoomer meme are you?

What about this makes it different fro previous builds? Didn't they already have the main quest fully playable?

that's one big ass city

MGEXE+MWSE + Purist patch for starters
The rest after you endure finishing up the game, and then install the overhaul mods and Mackom's better faces + The nelf and golden saint mods

wake me up when they remake Daggerfall in Unreal Engine

its not hard to achieve if every other house is copy paste

OpenMW

oh yeah I already assumed that, but still

It needs a crt filter.

Skywind

enjoy playing morrowind with no mods, lod and Script extender support

soulless/soul

No need for any of those with OpenMW.

I like it desu. They went out of their way to make it stylized.

Attached: qjI0AKP.png (727x662, 212K)

just play on a crt then retard

No user.

post more screens

I don't have one. I doubt many people at all do.

First time encountering mods famalamb?

Attached: 34.png (1920x2160, 1.97M)

>daggerfall
>an endless samey landscape, with endless samey dungeons

its shit, and its always been shit.

Attached: AHfa7CP.png (362x456, 78K)

If you live in the states in/near a city check craigslist, they're usually cheap or free. though if you're going to be playing on a modern resolution then whats the point of needing a CRT filter?

Attached: 35toVGq.png (640x348, 304K)

Games like this were made with crt dithering in mind. It looks shitty eithout it. Same problem occurs whith old pixel games being emulated.

Attached: WM9mUV9.png (1920x1080, 507K)

How many gigabits will this set me back?

Attached: Confused Mouse.png (372x497, 243K)

Looks neat.
Were the controls updated as well?

Mods will fix it.

Attached: daggerfall_sprite_work.jpg (465x512, 76K)

cool where are the lewd mods.

The game is lewd already

Attached: 1532769093247.jpg (1920x652, 358K)

An open ended runescape like mod would be neat.

Attached: barenziah.png (1920x2160, 1.73M)

Attached: Morgiah canonized.jpg (2394x2048, 221K)

less than one

how do they fuck up that bad?

Attached: 3W8DsKH.jpg (1636x2048, 155K)

high resolution sprites look absolutely awful
it's a 2.5D game, simply making all the textures super high resolution looks terrible

The pixilated ones look better.

It's AI generated. Hopefully a modder takes up the task of making new ones by hand.

Cool hand

literally got turned into a tranny

>sexy lady holding a mirror
>kamen rider with a missing finger

20 years ago.

She actually looks more feminine than your average Dunmer females in Morrowind/Skyrim.

Attached: FMK0JZP.jpg (1474x1024, 91K)

Nah those are drawn. These are upscaled with waifu2x.

Attached: EPj0UJi.png (1280x800, 148K)

The only winning move is not to play.

The wonders of Ai upscaling and Photoshop magic

I thought that was AI-generated as was the buzz couple months ago. ESRGAN or something

Attached: 33.png (1440x810, 1.62M)

yes, but people thinks that AI can fix it, when you still need to make adjustments to work well

I definitely prefer the one on the left.

Attached: 44.png (1440x810, 1.71M)

Not gonna lie, but these really suck. I'd actually prefer the original art over these.

It's a mod. Not part of the DFUnity. Same with these 3D models.

Attached: k4qVs4U.png (1920x1079, 956K)

people are working on 3d models replacement, but would be a complete bitch to work on the npc's too.

Attached: 1557512133190.png (546x459, 5K)

There's like two or three 3D models for the NPCs but I'm not a huge fan. I'd rather have the upscales. There are like three different sprite packs. I like the ones in

Attached: dh.jpg (720x810, 441K)

Attached: cBjAyB2.png (1008x626, 659K)

is the guy doing the 3D models going for the WoW art style? looks like shit.

I really hope someone makes some mods to make the world feel better. Just adding roads between villages would be a huge improvement, right now the villages don't feel connected at all, it's just a bunch of random stuff in a sea of wilderness. Then just adding stuff in the wilderness to do, like some plants to harvest and some animals to kill, would make the wilderness actually feel like something other than a big empty space.

Do you expect gritty realism in a colorful stylized game like Daggerfall?

Attached: A9Nre6j.png (890x579, 340K)

vanilla in 800x600
do it you fucking pussy

Vanilla with bug fixes. Don't put lipstick on a pig.

Attached: CBIuJb5.png (1620x901, 1.53M)

>spotted the zoomer
90's 3d games were always cartoony, even quake with Ai upscaled textures

Attached: 1699_output3.png (528x388, 300K)

Attached: BWA5xpn.png (779x1056, 884K)

>Do you expect gritty realism
no but I don't expect cartoony WoW style either.

Daggerfall is cartoony though. Is WoW the first "cartoony" game you came across? Look at pic related, it's pretty much 1:1

Attached: rack.png (1067x1374, 880K)

>90's 3d games were always cartoony
spotted the zoomer

Attached: NijnEgT.png (1427x559, 528K)

>it's pretty much 1:1
how blind are you?

MGE+Rebirth+Tamriel Rebuilt w/ Rebirth update

>it's pretty much 1:1
one glance and you can already tell that the textures are too clean on the 3d models.

Again, Daggerfall is pretty cartoony.
You might be autistic senpai.

Attached: FV3TqpI.png (913x1314, 908K)

Does anyone have the Daggerfall webm of the guy using levitate on the horse and shooting arrows at the guards?

Attached: wcz1lkz.png (1759x804, 381K)

The textures aren't final. He occasionally goes back to update them like in

Attached: GFOqo0q.png (1920x2108, 2.26M)

How vanilla is unity port? I only play vanilla games. Maaaaybe install community bugfix patches.

Also how's OpenMW? Is it still a mess?

Attached: F5Dqpkv.png (1920x1600, 2.6M)

>How vanilla is unity port?
Fully. It doesn't come with any of the mods.

Attached: egXPcOE.png (1552x1053, 1.62M)

Attached: lightning.jpg (1920x1080, 505K)

Lmao i recognize that well on the right. Those textures are from League of Leggings

Attached: fixed lanterms.jpg (1920x1080, 603K)

Attached: braziers.jpg (1920x1080, 455K)

Attached: kHv3MYi.png (801x424, 340K)

>quake
>AI upscale
>cartoony
I wonder why the AI upscaling isn't faithful to the original artstyle.

Attached: 0N4AI8f.png (950x914, 860K)

>Swing sword at bat 30 times in a row
>Land one hit
>Die
What the fuck am I supposed to do? I can't attack anything

Attached: pqPqGMI.png (962x632, 581K)

Can you use anti-alliasing in Unity port? Someone please post clean port(no mods) screenshot with AA set to the max.

Attached: OcqkA0X.png (870x965, 514K)

Few questions

Will there ever be multiple support?

And is it possible to change the 2 frame weapon swing animations?

Attached: 98888 (2).jpg (257x196, 6K)

Post character sheet
What are your skills?

Attached: z195Mx8.png (1329x639, 772K)

Attached: cq4OT7Z.png (256x629, 135K)

As opposed to modern elder scrolls where everything is still copy and paste, but now we have a far less efficient and talented human doing the pasting and not a computer.

Attached: 1562099922206.gif (483x195, 1.33M)

I've been playing through Morrowind recently on OpenMW and I haven't had any problems with it.

Attached: KCz20gp.png (588x578, 280K)

Attached: clutter.png (2001x666, 1.07M)

Multiplayer support is coming at some point, and there are mods to change the god awful animations.

Destruction 43% WIL
Long Blade 31% AGI
Axe 30% STR

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-29 233505.png (1920x1080, 293K)

I only play with retro rendering mode
But also with shadows and dynamic lighting for that real House of Wax feel

Attached: lqYUxAQ.png (786x959, 795K)

>alpha literally means the base game is out, everything from this point is just fixes and new stuff

Attached: 1553305499527.png (1190x634, 370K)

Attached: mBsZs9v.png (974x1080, 1.01M)

Attached: pkRHd4R.png (1194x441, 396K)

Your agility is real low
You picked the pre-made battlemage class?

Just restart and make a custom class, most pre-mades suck

>Daggerfall Redguards
>Look like Arabs, straight hair, flat face, long noses
>Every later game's Redguards
>Unmistakably black
I gotta wonder why.

Attached: ExLjFk4.png (1203x806, 610K)

Daggerfall has the best character creator (mechanically) compared to literally any other game, prove me wrong.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

>Canonized
Not by Daggerfall's lore.

Attached: OTXrzaX.png (1422x535, 392K)

Attached: comfy.jpg (1920x1080, 276K)

Idk they look REALLY negroid
But the iliac bay is a diverse place so not everyone looks exactly the same once you cross the border

Attached: 39690A32-45E3-47CF-8FE0-54708DD3DA99.png (105x132, 2K)

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.05.03 - 00.40.31.44.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

Yes, you can.

Check out the 4x texture pack, it's on mega so cant link

I think i'd prefer a mod that give improved sprites instead of 3d models. Is anyone working on this?

Wait there is a "retro rendering" mode? To make game look closer to original DOS version? How much close it is to original? Is it locked to low resolutions?

user, you've never seen a black chick if looks like one to you. That said, 'diverse' is only in the number of races, the Redguards don't have any kind of subraces that we know of. Looking basically entirely different outside of skin tone wouldn't make sense.

So, is it a 1/1 remake? Because the game had immense potential, but it was way to empty for my taste.

Not really. They were always the token black race.

Attached: Daggerfall_Redguard.jpg (440x368, 119K)

1:1 recreation, but with mod support

Someone did privateers hold with good AI + materials in

I think the AI upscales are still works in progress, but some basic texture packs with them have been done.

Honestly for future modding, a 3D conversion of all sprites would be best so unity modders can do combat mods etc.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.05.03 - 01.14.50.54.jpg (1920x1080, 385K)

At this point it as finally reached the stage of being a 1:1 remake with the only real difference being better control options, and the game not becoming unplayable after you've generated enough terrain. After this everything is just extra goodies, like say climbing making it possible to hang from ceilings and shit.

The guy maybe, but the girl there and most of the NPCs, like I said, had straight hair, a flat face, and a long thin nose. Not a black thing at all, user.

It does, and remember that Morrowind started the dumbing down trend.

Modding support is massive.

Go to the setup screen and Advanced options under Video
Some Redguards look like this and some look like jet black negros, have you not played the game??

forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1176

another texture pack, no idea which people wanna use

Ya know, the thing I hated the most were the dungeons. Honestly, them being completely randomly generated make them a tad too frustrating to me. They didn't had rhyme or reason, and eventually they all felt samey.

Cool, any forum where I can keep up with news and mods?

Attached: 1468867408308.jpg (620x425, 29K)

I wonder if we'll get a port to the switch through homebrewing

Attached: Art.png (640x480, 58K)

The new climbing system is already implemented so you can hang, climb sideways, rapel and swing

I have, it's mostly the guys who sometimes look black. But as I said, the Redguards don't have subraces, and there's never any Arab-looking ones in later games.

>the atronach sign/stone was literally one single solitary combination of daggerfall advantages/disadvantages that you could create out of all sorts of possibilities

Like I still love morrowind and skyrim but going back and playing daggerfall really took the wind out of their sales for me

Attached: 1550643030104.jpg (1224x814, 156K)

Attached: 1tWbKpT.png (1067x631, 671K)

>flat face
?

>long thin nose
Not all African "blacks" are the American negroids though. Americans were importing the slaves from the west.

Attached: somali.jpg (467x700, 62K)

I was 10 when daggerfall came out, my friend's dad had it but we didn't play it for more than a few minutes, we were too stupid to git gud I guess. I'm gonna download this and hope for the best

>no user
Only way that broken ass game would be any good would be with some mods.

Skyrim is an abomination. The fucking character creation is such a letdown. Fuck normies and fuck consoles.

>rapel

Attached: source.gif (627x502, 941K)

>morrowind and oblivion

oops

user, if you're gonna bring up Somalis, I'm obligated to point out that they're not even related to the west Africans and are genetically closer to Arabs and fucking whites than them. Mashing them both up into the same fantasy race would still logically be pretty dumb even if people do in real life desu.

Attached: MRJtCGj.png (5217x1017, 3.82M)

The “arab” ones are part Breton or are straight up bretons
And there are plenty of dark redguard NPC women walking around

You can activate “rappelling” mode while climbing to climb down and swing across shafts

It's more about the face/hair than skin, user. Anyway, we know from later lore that races don't really mix in TES which is in and of itself is a retcon.

>Mashing them both up into the same fantasy race would still logically be pretty dumb
Why? They're in the same continent. And they're not counted as Caucasian. They've already did that to the Imperials. Imperials are technically two races: Colovians and Nibeneans. Their culture is inspired by Romans, sure, but racially they're described as different. Colovians are the northerners and have some Slavic inspirations (Skingrad) and are described as paler and more warrior like due to sharing their borders with the Nords. Nibeneans are described as swarthy and more magically gifted. Akaviri also can't be pinpointed to be strictly Japanese due to their shields usage and Chinese mythology prevalence.

Same could be said about the current Redguards. The Crowns keep to themselves while the Sentinels are more cosmopolitan in nature. Many of the Breton nobles were having political marriages with the Sentinels to cease various conflicts. So naturally the bordering Sentinels would appear different than the Crowns due to mixing. Just like Colovians. This is why in Arena you can have a Redguard with a full on afro or dreadlocks or you can have straight hair.

You sure you just don't want to cry about SJWs shoving niggers down your throat or something user? You can be honest here, no reason to pussyfoot around like this.

Attached: 55.jpg (1000x707, 153K)

Well I'm assuming that only related to men-mer-beastmen and not humans with other humans

>Anyway, we know from later lore that races don't really mix in TES which is in and of itself is a retcon
They do. The race is always of the mother's but they retain some traits from their father's. This is how Bretons are born and how they described to have some elven features like higher cheekbones and pointier ears. Same with two Imperial races described here

Would blanda upp

Attached: UtrSmni.jpg (4142x1019, 319K)

No, I just think it looks like a dumb retcon on their part and reduces variety in appearance. If I was the type who was bothered by black people being in the game at all, I would also be the type who doesn't want TES to have Arabic-looking people. I also wouldn't understand/know/care the difference between western Africans and eastern Africans (or about the Khoisan, or the genetic history of Madagascar.)
Both of you make a good point in regards to the two Imperial sub-races, but if anything the degree of it makes me want to discount the lore book about racemixing, since it feels like it should only apply to men/mer/beast and not between men or mer.
According to the book itself? No, it applies to all. Logically speaking though, and in line with the discussion above, that would make more sense.

It wouldn't be blanda up you know. According to this guy she's actually not a nigger at all. She's basically white or an Arab :^)

She's neither, she's just closer to them genetically. user, being closer to one than to the other doesn't make you literally the same thing. That's not how it works, Europeans being closer to Persians than to Arabs doesn't make Europeans 'basically Persians.'

Imagine trying to force /pol/ shit this hard.
kys.

>No, I just think it looks like a dumb retcon on their part and reduces variety in appearance.
But it doesn't reduce the variety in appearance. What the fuck are you talking about? It's the opposite. I literally described to you that Crowns don't want to interbreed with the others while the Sentinels have generations upon generations of political and bordering interbreeding due to their mentality. Similarly to Colovians.
You can literally make a "Somalian" looking Redguard in the first ever TES Arena with straight hair and thin nose and RP a Sentinel or you can make a full on Nigra rage with an afro and pretend you wuz a Yokudan kang.

The Reachmen are so mixed up with the Breton and Nordic blood they're technically their own subrace themselves too.

I'm just fucking with you since you're being dumbass.

Attached: BtgneijCUAAowKf.jpg (640x960, 74K)

>But it doesn't reduce the variety in appearance.
It does in regards to NPCS and the character creator in later games, though. That was what I was referring to there.

most of these hands need some serious work

See user, I'm not sure how you can take that and turn it into anything else. Knowledge is a bad thing, now?

alright im gonna give Daggerfall a go, what are the most fun classes/builds?

>twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/1156017746645114884

daggerfall is so fucking boring, everywhere you go its just fucking houes
if you wanna play all of tamriel just play ESO

Werewolf.

>blender
>unity

thats an oof and a big yikes from me chief

I beat the game as a dunmer nightblade.

Attached: c2d5755d11629804efd0227b15993b31.jpg (1024x2035, 287K)

>Find giant city
>Check house
>Empty
>Check next house
>Empty
>Realize only 2 buildings actually have NPCs

This a bug or what?

well the point of the AI is that it should be able to, eventually

It must suck for a Dunmer to go somewhere cold.

>It does in regards to NPCS and the character creator in later games, though.
How? It fucking doesn't dude. Once again you can make either one of those in both Daggerfall and Arena. There are wide nosed negroid presets/NPCs in Arena complete with dreadlocks. Meaning they always had the options to be stereotypical looking niggars from the very first game. They didn't retcon shit like you desperately want to imply here. What's next, you want a needless distinction between the Colovians and Nibeneans too? Turn the weight slighter down and give him a dark skin and there, you have your generic Nibenean Imperial. Reverse the process for a Colovian.
You're better off complaining about Bethesda cucking us out of more Khajiit breeds since those are much more noticeable.

Also, in Skyrim, a lot of default Redguard NPCs and presets can also have small noses and other caucasoid features.. Look at the three first girls in the bottom row. You can pretty much recreate even with default sliders. And they also have the options for some of the straight hairs like the Nords.

God what an autistic conversation. The niggerfear is real.

Attached: SR-race-Redguard.jpg (2351x2564, 911K)

Attached: HiRes.jpg (1920x1080, 611K)

>turd ass

Attached: ISwXFO6.jpg (4990x1017, 247K)

Attached: Yq4JmOe.png (1600x1024, 2.7M)

Attached: oRKkFUa.png (1280x1024, 3.48M)

Attached: RKq0ieL.png (1600x1024, 3.18M)

>environment
SOUL

>npc
SOULESS

Attached: UFbmkYg.png (1600x1024, 3.35M)

Attached: hVKdDnO.png (1916x959, 3.61M)

Attached: 9qY6fJK.png (1600x1024, 2.81M)

they both look soulless

Attached: inIhFxH.png (1600x1024, 3.33M)

Attached: dY7nV6D.png (1600x1024, 3.82M)

Attached: rDJ2HAi.png (1600x1024, 3.16M)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (330x288, 24K)

>LOOKIN GOOD

This looks amazing, so is this a part of the Unity mod for Daggerfall or is it another mod that's not yet released?

That's just ReShade senpai forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2242

all of them

>try daggerfall unity
>crash between intro cutscenes
>can barely make it through first dungeon without getting fucked by rogues
>dungeon exit randomly isn't there on some saves
>finally get outside
>longer view distance drops fps down to 5
>crashes on fast travel to town
hmmmmm

ITS AN ALPHA

>Computer can't handle nearly 30 year old game

Attached: 382755555.jpg (480x270, 22K)

That's kinda cool!

specs?

Individually assets look good but this shit doesn't fucking mesh together at all. Are those wood textures on table and bench from WoW or just similar?

Attached: grafix 3x.jpg (768x256, 69K)

I have an issue with this where random floor textures in the world and in cities are replaced by water texture (but not actually being water)

what is causing this issue? I've tried to reinstall several times and tried different Daggerfall versions to use

486DX2/50 MHz 8MB RAM Soundblaster 16 and a CD-ROM drive

Attached: LOOKIN' GOOD.jpg (619x597, 193K)

Attached: comparison.jpg (1921x2161, 2.91M)

>TES cat texture test
Ah just as the developers intended.

Maximum soul in the bottom pic

Attached: 1406604662851.jpg (1680x1050, 873K)

These are fucking TERRIBLE and making me lol

Bottom is both soulless and ugly without CRT

Attached: 1446478965264.png (1536x1024, 783K)

This image summarizes everything perfectly

>CD-ROM drive
that's the problem you need a dvd player

>tfw bikini armor died before we got to actually good graphics
it hurts.

How good spell system in Buggerfall?
Can i summon thousands of skeletons?

Attached: 1547455908002.png (500x295, 195K)

But only cd-roms can download ram

no summoning but otherwise the spell system is very robust and allows lots of unique stuff

Well, will wait for mods i guess.

Imagine elaborate sex mods like Corruption of Champions

Attached: 1564455745079.jpg (1920x1080, 961K)

SOUL SOULLESS SOULFUL

Still controls like ass

I said this in a previous thread but you don't do flashy stuff like normal mapping just because you could. you don't use such rough cut stones indoors.

SOULTIMATE

Attached: soultimate.jpg (85x130, 5K)

The best elder scrolls

Attached: unity.jpg (284x177, 9K)

If you like writing and care more about breadth of content than animations or art, daggerfall could very easily be one of the best porn games to exist.

Attached: 1562214502555.webm (1280x640, 851K)

hmmmm

here's my list of Shit I Actually Want Done Instead Of Some Dumbass Upscaling Shit Or Drawing Over The Pixelated Models:
Character models redone with different variants
Weapons redone with entirely new art for a lot of weapon types instead of colors entirely denoting a weapon
Tons more shit to do in the wilderness, alongside a concrete world you can walk alongside in (if it isn't one already, or if that's even possible)

by character models redone i mean with more pixels than a fucking 16 bit game allows for its models

Lol. The original book cases have more color depth than the new ones. The book models are monochromatic, while the pixel art is actually shaded. Fucking stupid HD packs.

This, the only reason to play OpenMW is to fuck around for the multiplayer, all single player shit I still do with normal MW personally.

soulless

MY BOY

never played df, played morrowind/oblivion/skyrim though, downloading this now

>downloading this now
you just got meme'd

na it was ok, played for 3 minutes and died, seems cool if you have the patience. i'm conserving all of my RPG autism for classic wow release so i don't have the mindset right now

HMMM
I wonder what's for DINNER

Why would anyone play an inferior TES when Skyrim exist?

Magic or melee, which is more fun in Daggerfall?

Attached: Spellsword.jpg (410x560, 23K)

They're both pretty bad but manic is slightly better

Magic but its more difficult
Remember though that armour doesn't effect spell chance and you can get 20+ hp per lvl as well to make your caster extra beefy

Spellsword, Nightblade, Battlemage
the virgin freak classes

Magic is a lot more fun since you have so much variety and variety
But melee is good too, especially fast paced since attack speed scales with the speed skill

Id say agility and speed are more important for a melee build than strength and endurance

A big power strike is good but only if you hit them, and if youre a slow fucker then prepare to get overwhelmed

magic is a pain in the ass because you have to rest to restore your magicka which makes the quest time limits more strict unless you avoid casting spells
but there's a trick where you can absorb your own spells with spell absorption (custom advantage you can choose in character creation) if it's an aoe you cast at your feet, giving you your magicka back while damaging everything around you, so you can just spam it non stop. feels too much like a cheat so I don't do it anymore but it's pretty fun to play that way for a little bit.

biggest thing about magic is that it sucks early on by design even if your magic skills are good, because of the way "per x level" parameters work how efficient your spells are is a function of your character level moreso than anything else. at level 10+ even your cheap spells will have long lasting powerful effects

remember that it's better to cast a cheap spell 10 times than an expensive one once, skill exp is based only on number of casts. try to mainly use spells that cost between 5-10 magicka.

as for melee, well it's the old tes dice roll melee. you hold down right click and wave the cursor around to swing. long swords are the best since they do the most damage and damage is all that changes between weapons, it's not like later games where for example daggers are faster or have backstab bonuses or stuff like that. you can use this to your advantage by forbidding other weapon types as disadvantages to give you more room for more useful advantages in character creation. hand-to-hand isn't that bad either though and not having to repair your weapons after every dungeon or worry about material requirements for monsters are good reasons to consider it.
also don't neglect the speed stat for melee, it determines your attack speed.

archery is pretty shitty given how most of your combat takes place in narrow corridors, but in the few areas where you can get a sightline on a distant enemy it's nice to have a bow as backup

You NEED magicka potions and thus access to a potion maker if you want a pure mage to be viable without being cheesy or resting constantly

Some temples and the mages guild offer potion services, both for sale and creating your own

I always take at least one weapon skill as a mage
Even the pre-built mage class has short blade
Personally I take blunt and use staffs only for RP reasons

I've always seen it as the women looking more arab or persian while the men were distinctly black.

I'd rather not imagine zoophilia and furries thanks.

Only the special NPCs and not the generic walking citizens in towns

>that World of Warcraft wood

Holy shit, it looks nothing like the original texture

Fuck off, this is "Quake HD Texture Pack"-tier garbage

>original roof is tiled
>new roof is not
?

where the sex mods at bois?

>start game
>look for npc x
>ask around
>ohh, I know where she is, but I won't tell you. Dick
>t-thanks
>ask guard
>sure, she's south of here
>I'm in the northern end of the town
great game

Is it bad to be LUChad?

Attached: image.png (132x78, 3K)

yes, because luck does fuckall

wow it's like 1:1 I literally can't tell a difference!!!

Try it out and see
All your rolls will be too tier though
Also I imagine things like points gained per level and spell power increase per level would be great

>took disadvantage to animals
>can't even just run away from this cursed place

Attached: 1556680876367.jpg (212x302, 61K)

Games like Assassin's Creed show us that with modern technology it's easily possible to create a large believable historical city with many unique features. It's just Bethesda's current design philosophy for TES that doesn't allow for it.

Looks like WoW

Animals are weak but incredibly common

>unity

OH NONONO NO NO NO

It's buggy as shit, ain't it? Only thing that kept me from enjoying daggerfall a decade ago was the insufferable number of gamebreaking bugs

Yo guys, keep in mind what this Unity port actually does:
1) It makes the game A LOT more stable
2) It adds modding support
3) It opens up a lot of technical stuff that wasn't possible with the original engine

You can still play vanilla Daggerfall with this engine (they even added a retro mode so you can enjoy the original unscaled pixelfest). Everything beyond that is extra and has to be installed via mods.

Also, they are fixing numerous bugs in the base game.

It also fixes a lot of stuff that was non-functional or sub-optimal in the vanilla game, such as climbing and language

The bugs in original Daggerfall are not really fun

>massively more usable dungeon map that makes backtracking to the entrance actually feasible
>16 inventory slots on screen at once from 4
>rendering the game at a resolution higher than 320x200
>arrow counter, listing multiple locations on the map when you search by name, so many little QoL things
>real mod support
after playing normal old Daggerfall for so many years and ignoring unity because it was missing features this is like a wet dream

Attached: 1543356837875.gif (192x213, 1000K)

Its great honestly
If you liked anything from the original this is just a direct upgrade
It even has “retro” style rendering if you dont like the HD style

Yeah, the classic renderer is great. I'm just glad we finally have a definitive way to play the game after DaggerXL puttered out forever ago.

>soul vs soulless

I also like that the classic renderer is still a little bit cleaner than classic so you get the pixels but not soo much jank

I still notice gender bugs, where a female NPC is referred to as He and had a male name/portrait

Or vice versa
Just had to rescue a “princess” with a full beard

I remember this being a vanilla Daggerfall bug.

Yea it is I believe
There are still a lot of classic bugs in the game since their primary goal thus far is just reaching parity

I have an annoying issue with many terrain textures being replaced by water
Apparently my processor is too shit for Daggerfall

>cartoony

Attached: Kingpin.jpg (936x527, 59K)

So can you install the quest packs when installing original Daggerfall to use with Unity or will it break something?

>take rest to restore magic points
>when wake up have 0 magic at all
Wtf? Did i messed up with weak/strong system?

Attached: image.png (967x290, 293K)

yet their women still move en masse to skyrim for the big nord dick.

light powered magery is a meme since you almost never fight anything that's not inside a dungeon or building

I know, it's intended weakness.
I just don't have magica bar at all. I tried to rest in tavern, and while magica bar "restored" when i woke up i had no magica at all.
Wet dream, probably, i dunno.

Attached: image.png (161x146, 7K)

pretty sure your maximum mackiga is also reduced in darkness as well. you pretty much can't cast anything

Well, i feel same way too.
I guess time to make new character then.

Attached: 1552600973008.jpg (400x300, 33K)

Do the 3D models rotate like the 2D sprites? Because I have a feeling that would look even worse

DaggerXL dev on suicide watch

This. I wanna know.

Daggerfall isn’t the only game XL pertains to.

Does Daggerfall Unity use a unique soundfont or something? The music sounds really off.

how is it working so far?

>3x int in magic
>No magic in darkness
>weakness to disease
Nigga what u doin

Attached: D2C6DA10-AB4D-4D86-84DC-C94128E1ACB0.gif (49x112, 15K)

Sounds the same to me
Dis you change any audio settings?

My computer is too shit to run it optimally

Will this make it a good game where the procediral generation and bugs don't break quests/dungeons and there's some semblance of an actual story and cast?

Miss launch icon 30 times to hit it 31th time.Immersive

>Allow magic item repairs
Already better than vanilla.

I thought OpenMW was necessary for mods?

weird ass coins

Tried to roleplay, but something went wrong.
New build, 99LUC after dice roll.

Attached: image.png (1358x697, 549K)

Probably because the Redguards are more similar to Berbers/Moors than Arabs. There isn't any actual Arab race in Tamriel are as far as I know.
And that's a good thing

Attached: Berber writing superiority.png (2028x1282, 3.5M)

Is there a good mod repository for this? The mods "page" that the website links to is just the modding forum. I'd like something more similar to Nexus where you can immediately see the screenshots along with the names.

Attached: 1551104457306.jpg (255x302, 30K)

Berbers and Moors weren't black though, the 'black moors' Europeans reference in that time were slaves held by the actual Moorish (ancestors of the people of modern Morocco.)

>SDF font rendering

Attached: 1557732998462.png (229x301, 46K)

>MGEXE+MWSE
>2019

All languages?
Try to get that health per-level slider WAY up to give yourself some beef
Maybe drop one or two languages and pick up a weapon skill and mysticism (which has spells to boost language ability)
Id grab dodge as well if possible
Btw Daedric and Orcish should be primary/major since they are the best languages

OpenMW

On their forum there is a sub-forum with mods listed

>if you wanna play all of tamriel just play ESO
I asked this in another thread but never got an answer.

How is ESO compared to the mainline games?

It's more just that they used "Moor" for everything African as well as being under the impression that all Africans were pitch black

The default settings should've been SDF font rendering off and classic renderer on
Also I really don't know why the classic interaction mode icons aren't on by default instead of these sucky MS paint scribbles

Attached: wtf.png (143x67, 3K)

Don't expect this build to be an easy time lol
Maybe make a mad rush out the first dungeon if you don't want to die asap

Join a temple, make some money quick, and use that exclusively on training

Maybe raid graveyards for easy cash and to train skills

Attached: D9A87E7E-24F8-469C-8F64-059621B840CD.gif (127x108, 24K)

I know, but that doesn't mean that the Elder Scrolls devs didn't interpret it as such.
All the other traits of the Redguards (excluding the darker skin) are pretty close to Berbers, even if Berbers are far more lighter-skinned (which is true), but straight hair is something a lot of Berbers have (although some like me have Curly hair, but I got light-skin).
Plus Redguards being pirates is pretty close to what Berbers did to get by after the Ottomans conquered and fucked them over.

Attached: Berber Algerian Chads.jpg (1876x1362, 373K)

I know but I was hoping for a more gallery-style listing of mods.

Which was from really corrupted, third hand accounts of Moorish slaves, since pre-colonialism Europe basically had no contact with Africa at all and any account of the Middle East or Muslim Spain was generally third hand or simply fiction since travel was much harder and it was incredibly dangerous to go to these areas as a Christian.

>tfw using GSXCC soundfont

Well, i joined jews guild(Zenithar one) and on my first quest.
I rushed first dungeon, killed only one guy(taunted him into skeleton, skeleton killed him, i looted and ran away).
With my luck i got enchanted buckler shield with some fireball spell. With it i can one shot humans at least.

Well there's basically two types of curly hair, desu. The kind black people have is pretty different than what you'll see in Europe/Middle East/Nort Africa. I've seen it described as 'kinky' instead. Either way, I agree with you totally that they do have the culture as their schtick even if they don't have the proper look.

If I were you, going full in on languages
Id take Etiquette, mercantile and Orcish as primary
Streetwise, Daedric, and Mysticism as secondary

Then the rest of the languages barring impish as minor

Invest in lots of blunt weapon training at the temple
Maybe join fighters latter after some training and use them to train dodge, critical strike

awful

Pretty squiggles are still really hard to read.

I will using swords(i know temple can learn me only blunt weapons), but thanks

Attached: image.png (641x278, 91K)

oof
Thats a rough set of traits

Man I love the skill variety, but the number of languages was always a bit much.

Would an unarmed build be viable in this? I've already played a little while with a stock warrior build, but I kinda wanna do an unarmed build since I like the idea of having a weapon that automatically scales with me instead of having to find better ones.
Plus I just like punching the fuck out of niggers.

Absolutely, played and argonian unarmed and unarmored monk a few years back.

Didn't know you can soul trap furniture

what the fuck

Well some languages are just way better than others
Daedric is good because it helps with summoning and daedra are common enemies late game
Orchish is good because orcs are always common enemies
Most of the monster skills are fairly weak since they only effect one type of creature and they may stop spawning after a certain level (like imps)
Human enemies you can pacify with Etiquette skill, and Etiquette is by far the most useful “speech” skill since its generally helpful in a lot of areas
Streetwise is alright but a high personality is more useful since peasants are worthless to talk to

That just leaves undead and animals with no special skill to take care of, but you do have the tame spell and dispel undead spells

Also you can easily train Orcish by talking to gortwog

Sure im playing an unarmed unarmored monk right now (actually no armour except leather for aesthetic reasons)

Gorgeous.

Unarmed is really fun since with high speed you go sanic fast and just pummel everyone into the dust
Also take critical strike and dodge as majors or primary along with H2H
Ideally dodge primary and Crit major but put all your initial bonus into it to get a nice starting boost

Then all you need to do to level up is punch people

Fugg. I really want to play as a mage character but I don't know what, if any, disadvantages I should choose to lower that skill advancement

Attached: Untitled.png (1409x796, 209K)

well it only took 250 replies of people arguing about race for people actually playing the game to post. nice.

any essential mods or should i play my first time on vanilla? i like the aesthetic of the original game so no graphics mods

Also take running and climbing so you can take full advantage of the 3D space

Take darkness powered magery
Also if you are an Altmer take critical weakness to paralysis
Forbid a ton of weapons and shields as well, you should get rid of blunt weapon while you’re at it and either take another magic or dodging
Id replace running as well with something else

What advantages did you take anyway? Most of them as a mage are not useful besides 3x INT and spell absorb.

You can do weakness to disease as well, just make a cure disease spell quickly

3x INT, spell absorb and immunity to paralysis because that's so bullshit.

Good idea.

As a mage you don't really need paralysis immunity if you make a cheap free action spell/cure paralysis

You can cast spells while paralized?

is there even any gameplay mods aside from extra quests?

Yes you just cant move

>die to flying thing that my starting weapon is ineffective to
fellas...

Based
Time to make a new character

Attached: 476C4B53-4ED6-43F8-9189-715D5BE951B1.gif (89x131, 20K)

By the way, running seems useful for when I'm trying to clear dungeons. I've got all the 6 schools of magic so there's nothing more to get. And regarding dodging:
>However, even in the latest official game version (1.07.213), the Dodging skill is bugged, and actually decreases the player's chance to hit by skill / 4%.
I don't know if they fixed this.

I seriously HOPE you gave the mantella to someone who truly deserved it

Attached: D1A23C84-1CF2-47F8-9F40-FC3B4BF3FED3.png (193x364, 15K)

Wow, now maybe someone will mod it into an actual good game.

Im sure they did because I notice a difference in combat with dodge and without it
I think this was even fixed in the ptched version of Classic DF
running is ok but boring, climbing might be better and more fun

Youre a mage anyway, you can solve any problem with magic

Attached: A57165BE-7404-474B-A290-B91C2A556FF4.jpg (1024x576, 63K)

Attached: 1561851898049.jpg (960x720, 172K)

B>>A>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>D-Z>>>C

Is this actually worth playing? I'm getting the impression that it's all just kind of randomly generated shit. Are the quests good? If I enjoyed Morrowind will I enjoy this?

Are there unironically people out there that genuinely believe anybody except B should get the flute?
I legit don't understand how this is even a question.

>Not even making a Daggerfall edit

>tfw gave it to Wayrest
NEVER trust an ELF

Attached: A5007182-4BA0-47C0-8067-D018554190CF.jpg (217x232, 12K)

C is pretty much the idea behind welfare and I dunno what the fuck you'd call A. So, communists probably.

Is this modded or do the trees look like that in vanilla?

Do I install all the quest and bugfixes when installing daggerfall setup?
Which mods are recommended and compatible? I will go with handpainted models and postprocessing effects, anything else?

A is oligarchy I guess? Or meritocracy since only the skilled and the best receive something

>DF Setup
It doesn't matter, mods for classic dont carry over
Just do a basic install since all DFUnity needs are the assets

Wouldn't that be Utilitarianism?

Possibly
But meritocracy is fairly utilitarian

In Dagerfall Unity, I keep getting stuck in dialogues and had to hard-close the game. Does this happen to anyone else?

Okay thanks

Are there any mods that add more things to do?

No
Check the bug forum
What exactly is happening during dialogue, did this ever happen to you in classic?

As a note to everyone, don't think that just because DFUnity is “feature complete” that it isn't still a bug ridden mess of shite, just its a little less buggy than the most buggy game ever

Yea check the site, ive seen some new quests, new guilds, immersion mods and the like
I think it will increase now that it reached parity

Literally just punch it
It's what I did my first time, anyways.

Is Plate Armor must for every character? I'm doing a wizzard.
I don't really mind being plated caster though, those are cool too.

Attached: 1541719157802.jpg (720x505, 37K)

I've looked through the forum but not finding anything related to it, and I don't remember the original having this kind of bug. Whenever I talk to someone sometimes the cursor doesn't appear and therefore I can't click on anything, pic related. Moving the mouse around moves the camera around as if I'm not in a dialog and I can also move around. It doesn't always happen so it's really hard to reproduce, but when it does there's nothing you can do except alt-tab and close the window. Pressing ESC also does nothing.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1601x931, 374K)

Thanks friend

>dying in the tutorial several times

am I not hardcore enough?

Attached: 1561922437935.jpg (800x592, 180K)

Lol just look at these SHIT boomer gfx, hahahah

>GAY clayton
Yeah, im thinking hes based

No.

Attached: Screenshot (copie).jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

Modded. Trees are sprites in vanilla.

What are you guys playing as?
I'm thinking of going for a breton battlemage or a paladin.

Never played before, is it worth it? I hear some people shit on it.

Attached: 1556161204564.jpg (1200x800, 110K)

you die until you "get" it
but you should make a new character probably and pay attention to what does what when you are in Privateers Hold and getting killed

Attached: 1878456-azura__daggerfall.gif.jpg (320x320, 16K)

sure, but don't expect it to be the same as latter Elder Scrolls
for a first time to save yourself some headaches play a pure melee character and grab rapid healing trait.

>all these options
>hour later and still can't decide what to play and rp
Are there any viable premade classes?

Attached: 1510817761532.jpg (799x1100, 69K)

Commie here. I say A. From each according to his ability, to each according to their need. A can play music for the others, thus all of society benefits by giving her the flute. B and C benefit more from this than by either of them having a flute they cannot play, which is of no real value to anyone.

Except that B might sell it and thus earn money from their labor, or else use it to teach themselves music and gain a skill. The original idea behind your ideology was that workers would (collectively) own the means of production and the products of their own labor, rather than it being taken from them by a capitalist, after all.

only a few are somewhat decent
though all of them are worse than a custom class
what sort of playstyle are you interested in?
just take a look at the pre-made classes and create a custom one based one you think looks good (but less shitty)

also magic is intimidating at first but actually pretty easy since you can rent a room at a tavern for like a month to train and become a Wizard God

Attached: 1417905991411.jpg (846x612, 238K)

TES3MP

Attached: TES3MP_RPS.png (631x699, 261K)

please fucking respond

It's not being taken from her by a capitalist. Rather, by clinging to material wealth that she has no use for whilst others in need are deprived she is being anti-revolutionary. What need would any of them have for money, if they are all provided with the goods they need? A could even teach B in return for being given the flute, but nothing will ever materially improve in this microcosm unless A gets the flute first. Perhaps the flute-making class could continue making flutes until everyone is provided for, and likewise the flute-playing class could teach all the others, but until this utopian state is achieved it may be necessary for them to share one flute or content themselves with the flute being played by the one person who actually can. Make no mistake, though, both the flute-maker and the flute-player have an obligation to society and a mutual need of one another.

Meh, I was making a custom nord wizard at first, then I started thinking I might get bored with that and add some blunt combat there, but I have no idea if mixed builds work.

The image is from a lecture about Indonesian society and their view of things. There the answer is A because for them the focus is primarily to encourage creativity and the arts. So its very funny to see how Americans and Europeans answer because they can't lose the grip on their capitalistic view of the world and put anything above it.

>Everyone is provided for
Unless they want more than bread.

How are you encouraging creativity and the arts when the girl who is a craftsman, and who is trying to engage herself in music, is having her crafts stolen from her and the opportunity denied?

with a loli on your lap

She already made it, and it is a fine flute, and she should be encouraged to make another so someone else can play that too?

My current Character is a Wizard
Pic related advantages/disadvantages

Primary skills:
Destruction
Alteration
Mysticism
Major Skills:
Restoration
Blunt Weapon (Staffs only)
Dodging
Minor Skills:
Thaumaturgy
Illusion
Daedric
Etiquette
Critical Strike
Stealth

Attached: Screenshot_20190730_195527.png (1600x900, 302K)

So now you are stealing her crafts to support freeloaders to her detriments. That is not encouraging her creativity and art.

So you'd literally just let her sit on top a pile of flutes whilst hundreds of talented flutists stand by in deprivation? What actual detriment is it to her? She can make another one.

what's the difference from all the other builds?

congratulations, now you just taught girl B never to create anything of value
communism in a nutshell

Does the breton resistance counter that low tolerance? If it does, I guess I could go low tolerance for frost since I'm a nord.
I guess I could also take darnkess magery if most of the combat really is indoors, my blunt could cover for if daylight combat ever happens.

it has nothing to do with capitalism you stupid fuck

>zoophilia and furries
Sounds like Loverslab alright

That you just said you'd steal to give to someone else with no benefit to her. She is not paid for her work. She cannot keep her own flutes she made with her own hands. She cannot use them to learn to play music if that was her goal, as they were stolen from her.

The Quests often involve going to a dungeon and killing something or finding an item/person
some quests are different, like guarding things or killing ghosts or deliveries or other things but few are terribly complex aside from some main quests

the real quality of the game is the writing; the little blurbs to go with the generic fetch quests are at least fun to read and imagine, as well as the atmosphere; dungeon diving feels legitimately stressful and like an actual ordeal you need to prepare for especially if you know it is a large dungeon or a particularly dangerous one, you need to prep yourself, get ready, train, rest up, and then dive in.

even inside you need to always be careful and think about what you are doing/where you are going.
monsters have a lot of variability in terms of their traits/abilities which makes for a complex combat experience, this is further added to by the strong combat system and excellent magic system which itself is incredibly versatile.

Fucking thieving cuckold piece of shit.

No, I taught her that society benefits if everyone shares. Thanks to the flute she made and the contribution from the girl who can play it, they now both enjoy flute music.
>with no benefit to her.
The music. The whole point of a flute.
>She is not paid for her work.
The music is her payment. Just as the musician could consider the flute her compensation.

If the flutist intended to learn to play the flute then she should have mentioned that in her argument instead of appealing to made-up ownership rights.

most combat is indoors/at night
only in the wilderness or sometimes if you are being hunted down during the day time, but with 3x INT and only weak magic in light you can still use spells

Wouldn't you be the cuckold if I stole something from you?

lmao
she obviously didnt want to give the flute up in the first place, you think shes gonna change her mind when she hears some shitty music?
now she knows that if she ever creates anything desirable, it will taken from her, so she has no incentive to ever create anything or achieve anything because it will be stolen from her

>crafts stolen from her and the opportunity denied
nani the fuck are you even about
that particular case is an isolated one which doesn't involve any other parameters such as money

for example, you can change the subject to something else:
3 people on a sinking boat, one can make a glue, the other one can apply the glue, and the last one will probably eat the glue

>The music. The whole point of a flute.
That is not a benefit, sound does not replace stolen property as it is ephemeral. I don't think you understand humans at all if you think 'you can hear me play' is a replacement for stolen labor and property.
>Made up ownership
Even a dog can understand ownership, let alone primates which naturally understand barter and can be taught a market economy with little effort.

so what are some cool mods to try out in Daggerfall Unity? is there anything else beside graphical stuff?

Attached: tx2d7gmxyeq01.png (469x498, 402K)

Is true that Willpower, Agility and Personality are useless attributes in Daggerfall?

Attached: 1532427570167.gif (427x557, 160K)

>nani the fuck are you even about
She made the flute for herself. One can do many things with a flute. Now she can do none of them, as it was stolen. Your example is completely inapplicable, because a survival situation has nothing to do with producing a craft. In your example they are working to save their lives, in this one a girl made something for herself and two goons are trying to take it.

>forcibly steal something a child made and give it to someone else who didn't help make it
>"haha see it benefits everyone if you share!"
This is why I don't see leftists as human and I do believe you deserve to die.

no no yes
Willpower effects your magical resistance and your casting chance
Agility effects your hit chance and your chance to dodge hits

Personality effects initial disposition, so low PER means everyone will treat you like shit and if your reputation drops too much the Law might start arresting you for no reason on suspicion

I just encountered this myself, it happened after I got a quest to deliver something to the town I was already in. I checked my logbook and the quest wasn't actually there, so I tried checking my inventory and it did exactly what you're describing with the dialogue, except I was able to close out of it with escape. Same thing happened when I tried talking to the quest-giver.

The only one of the three you named is truly useless is personality, Which only is useful for asking for directions from townspeople.

>she obviously didnt want to give the flute up in the first place
That's because she's a tight-fisted kulak. Now she can be a bitter little shit and give up on her trade just to spite those she considers "undeserving", but what's the point in that? There is literally no reason for anyone to hold on to a flute that they don't intend to play.

How is hearing the flute you made being used to produce wonderful music not a better reward than being able to stick it in a box for no one to ever use?

Wow, you're such a piece of shit that you literally value a tiny piece of wood over a human life. And I am supposed to be inhuman?

forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=888

Attached: 1429555032966.jpg (835x800, 152K)

One might enjoy the appearance of their own work, crafting is done for beauty as much as it is utility. That's why people used precious gems and metals for crafting, user. Beyond that, she could sell it to buy goods for herself (and not just subsist on bread rations and a rundown state apartment) or again, she could learn to play on her own. Perhaps she made it specifically as a gift for her friend who obviously isn't Bitch A.

>Which only is useful for asking for directions from townspeople.
you ask directions A LOT however
though taking one of the speech skills, Etiquette/Streetwise (or just training one of them) can mitigate this
that and raising your rep with a faction will make them hate you less.

BOOBIES SWEET SUCCULENT BOOBIES GIVE ME MILKIES MILKES

looks great

great, so now no one will make flutes
congratulations retard
your flutist is gonna be real happy and "contribute a lot to society" when she doesnt have any fucking flutes to play because you took all the flutes from flutes from the people who made them, and then you called them Kulaks when they complained, so they said "fuck it" and stopped making flutes

>I'd forcibly steal from children
>I deserve to live though!
For all of human history and in the present day, people would at the very least hurt you for what you are suggesting.

>How is hearing the flute you made being used to produce wonderful music not a better reward than being able to stick it in a box for no one to ever use?
>There is literally no reason for anyone to hold on to a flute that they don't intend to play.
You do not get to decide why someone produces anything, perhaps they simply enjoy how the finished product looks - it isn't relevant because didn't make it; trying to steal it comes with consequences, if not from the child then from the parents.

I remember there was some mod to make dungeons a tad smaller but I cant find it

>perhaps they simply enjoy how the finished product looks
what a waste of resources

Is it enough to just train(er) etiquette and streetwise, leaving them to misc skill and personality at 30?

Underrated

Why waste your time doing something difficult if you aren't given any tangible reward for it? Humans take the path of least resistance. In your society she would do the easiest work available because it produces the same benefit as the difficult and intricate work of expert craftsmanship. No matter what, your government will only give her the same as everyone else.

It's built-in forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=1689

>she could sell it to buy goods for herself
We're not using money in this example. The outside economy doesn't enter into it. The example is its own microcosm. If we're going to make a load of assumptions then yeah maybe B did make a diamond-studded flute and if we were to give it to A she'd sell it and buy a cheaper flute. I'd be against that too.

>great, so now no one will make flutes
Why? It's honestly baffling that you're not just such a spiteful cunt but think everyone else is, too. It's literally a child's mindset.
>If I can't have it, no one should!
If child B derives joy from making flutes, then she should be facilitated in the making of them for the benefit of everyone. But if she derives joy from hoarding flutes she is a capitalist pig who makes no material contribution to society.
>For all of human history and in the present day, people would at the very least hurt you for what you are suggesting.
We've literally had someone just explain that there are entire societies that would answer A to this problem. Your problem is that you are too possessive.

Now, I feel we've bothered these poor people just trying to talk about Daggerfall enough, so feel free to get your last shots in, but I don't think I have anything more to add.

>what a waste of resources
That is your opinion. You are free to attempt to gather your own and make your own flute. If there is no wood left because you were stupid to make a flute yourself in time, find something else/leave.

your life is a waste of resources

maybe in commiefuckistan, where you dont have enough resources to even feed everyone or have toilet paper
luckily, in the free world, we have enough excess resources that people can afford to indulge in art

>dude let's just use all these fossil fuel left to make dildos haha that would be fun

>We're not
Why do you get to decide that? You cannot add restrictions onto the argument for your own benefit midway through.

>Why?
It's more difficult than simple labor or functionary work for the same benefit.

All I really wanted out of a modern engine port of Daggerfall was a fix for this

Attached: Skybliviorrowinderfall.jpg (500x707, 231K)

sure
just pay for training from a faction that offers it.

>low-poly means cartoony
spotted the zoomer

>implying B didn't make the flute to learn how to play the flute
>implying B made the flute for music rather than as a piece of art.
>or as a gift
You're stealing something someone else made, the reason they made it isn't stated and you're content to simply take it from them anyway.

>then she should be facilitated in the making of them for the benefit of everyone.
>The outside economy doesn't enter into it. The example is its own microcosm.
Which is it?

I said get your final shots in, not to ask more inane questions that could be answered by reading more carefully. This is a nice vidya thread for once and I regret my part in derailing it.

>No don't present valid arguments to me, you're supposed to mindlessly insult me!

>I can't actually support my point of view
Sad.

Did DF always have so many disadvantages? I wouldn't mind some of them to return in future TES games. They could be implemented as part of Hard dificulty, so the casuals can still play on Easy/Normal and not be affected by them, and the hardcore players get more than just 'enemies do more damage and have more health'.

Attached: 1418300698172.png (640x480, 84K)

>INT: 14

yes it did
a load of advantages too
makes character creation really in-depth

also choosing your background by answering questions created a really detailed personal story for your character all the way from childhood.

Attached: 1418434602458.png (1130x900, 58K)

who needs brains when you can hit things?

Attached: 1406502964581.jpg (960x800, 259K)

You want mark, recall and levitation

WIL and AGI are both very good, you might be getting AGI confused with SPD, which people can argue is the most useless of the skills. That is until you pretend your mouse is a wiimote and play daedric dai-katana bingbingwahoos

yea but you can get these without being a mage by joining a temple
I forgot which one has an item maker, I think Julianos

>start as a mage
>first rat drains my mana, so might as well head back to the starting place and rest
>rest a bit
>just before my mana bar fills a fucking bear spawns and mauls me to death
Such is a life of a novice mage.

Attached: 1539415721107.gif (245x271, 988K)

>speed is useless
it effects not only player movement speed but the speed of every action you do including how fast you swing your weapon which makes a big difference in combat when you can land 10 hits to their 1

OpenMW does those plus it runs ALOT better and adds some convenient features like able to use menus with keyboard

how do I make daggerfall unity look like this

>thinking Unity doesn't support modding

commit intercourse with a female

Attached: Hammerfell Wizard.jpg (285x160, 6K)

>thinking he's thinking about modding
Unity is shit all around

why is this reddit tier stuff here?

At this point people would complain if you fixed it

Give it to B and let her sell it to A. Fuck C.

>she could sell it to buy goods for herself (and not just subsist on bread rations and a rundown state apartment)
This is so disingenuous holy shit. You're basically weaving in the premise "communism doesn't work" in an argument about communism. Well yes obviously if we accept the premise that communism doesn't work then we shouldn't do communism, no shit, but this is circular logic if you think that actually proves anything. Obviously the person you are arguing with doesn't accept the premise that communism doesn't work, he obviously thinks that people will have more than bread rations and a rundown state apartment. The fact that you'd actually put that as part of your argument is ridiculous and shows you're arguing in bad faith. This is why I hate internet arguments, everyone is either a total fucking retard or is arguing in bad faith.

Everything is Finished, now its simply optimization and bugfixes until its complete release.
twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/1156022699904253952

also he may take a break for a few weeks due to the hard work, but continue looking at it.

So is it true that sometimes dungeons just won’t be possible because of randomisation glitches?

Now that everything is done, he will look at these issues, there will be a lot of bug smashing and optimization until 1.0 release.
he's doing god's work better than the lazy fucks at OpenMW who still dicksuck OpenGL

Looks like kino is back on the menu boys.

Attached: Comfy Daggerfall.jpg (3188x1722, 513K)

yes
I recommend turning on the console in case of bugs like this

when i run the game it says " set the path to your daggerfalll game file" i don't find the file , where is it?

Attached: Daggerfall Time.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

better

>commit intercourse
Having intercourse is now a crime? Fucking SJWs...

PSA, now you can mod Daggerfall as a full Fledged Diablo remake

Attached: Daggerfall Night.webm (1280x720, 2.47M)

Attached: 1564060096426.jpg (1200x675, 123K)

jej

Attached: 1564060827155.gif (512x220, 1.53M)

I guess it's finally time to try this out. Are there any mods that are recommended? I'm mainly interested in graphical stuff, I want the game to look nice.

Attached: 1514267403086.gif (150x150, 6K)

>INT vs RET

There is the hand painted model mod that replaces some old models with new models and some sprites with 3D models

Slap a ReShade on it

holy based

>now you can mod Daggerfall as a full Fledged Diablo remake
sounds fun

S O U L L E S S

Where can I get the 3d trees? Where can I get a mod that actually makes the game good instead of just being a walking first person camera that levels up?

If he makes it possible to work with trenchbroom and such, the possibilites would be great.

>>>/resetera/
>>>/kiwifarms/

Minimap mod when/where?

daggerfall is as deep as an ocean and a puddle at the same time, anyone know what I mean?

PSA: this game is BIG as fucking Great Britain + Ireland Itself

>S O U L L E S S
yeah, while the models look alright they just feel like they're ripped from WoW which looks out of place in DF.

It has a ton of shit packed into it but 99% of it is more or less filler. Yet the mechanics are pretty deep so it keeps it from being boring.

It has a lot of ideas but they're generally not fleshed out enough. In theory there's a lot to do but in reality you end up fucking around in cities for a bit, get bored, join a guild and then just repeatedly do quests and explore dungeons. And the dungeon gameplay is fun but the dungeons are too samey.

user, its a game from 1995, you want skyrim models of dumb grim and gritty?

Mods will fix it

>kill some mummy in like 3 hits and get hit just once
>fight another mummy and it combos me and I can't hit it a single time and die
>fun gameplay

Why is Yea Forums obsessed with WoW?

>its a game from 1995, you want skyrim models of dumb grim and gritty?
something not so cartoonish would be fine.

>Why is Yea Forums obsessed with WoW?
because the artstyle is very similar to WoWs.

The combat in this game sucks massive fat cock

Why does the version 2 have a sack of cum

Yea Forums forgets that there were games in the 90's with the same style, shit started to change in 97/98 when meshes became better.

Just like every other TES game.
Mods are the only redeeming factor and now that ATF is gone there's no reason left to ever play a TES game again.

>what is loverslab?

>Yea Forums forgets that there were games in the 90's with the same style
name them.

Why did it crash after I looted a pile of gold?

Why the fuck ingridients weight like 0.5-1.5kg while worth only 5-10 gold?

>antifa larpers literally gloating about ATF shutting down twitter.com/allthefallen3/status/1152580839131111424

A shitty site with no loli mods.

>Fascism rose as a social movement against the absolute stinking cultural mire that Germany, and especially Berlin, was in up to the mid-30s
>Weimar was known for its abundance of child brothels and openness towards every kind of perversion and indulgence
>The Nazis got rid of this
>AnftiFascists decades later celebrating something good the Nazis did
Just thunk a think

Man, I just ATF back. There were some games and mods being developed there that I can't find anywhere else

Somebody make a new thread

These idiots failed History classes, and books removed the fact that Nazism, Facism and Communism were born from Socialism and "More daddy state ruling your life, Less freedom".

You have a retarded American's understanding of the political spectrum.

and you hail from resetera.

reshade works with it

Is it common for them to call people retarded Americans?