Do you play healers/support in your games?

Do you play healers/support in your games?
Memes aside: Why, why not? What's fun, what's shit?

This is NOT a "have you thanked" or "healslut" thread, but it's not like I can control you. I just really want to motivate myself to try the role.

Attached: 1551843687_unknown-11-1600x900.png (1600x900, 1.89M)

I almost always play healer. It's nice being relied upon.

Attached: 1558143092279.jpg (1068x601, 56K)

JoJo is the most intelligent shounen ever written. Can you name a better shounen than this? The answer is no, you can't. The fight scenes are so much better than any other shounen fights. These fight scenes are written with brain and intelligence. They're very original fight scenes and don't follow a traditional fight scene formula in any way. Dragon Ball can go fuck itself. Also, the JoJo fanbase are some of the nicest and most intelligent people you will meet on the internet. We just want to have fun and share our fun little memes. I want to marry Araki, but that's muda for me unfortunately. Also, I like gay guys.

The only fun part about being a healer or support is when the person you're supposed to help is shit so you ignore them and watch them cry like a bitch all game as you carry by helping everyone else.

I like playing healer because it’s fun for me to be that supporting role for the team that keeps them all up, but it also depends on the game and how engaging they make healing. Medic in TF2 is fun because of stuff like aiming crossbow shots and access to Uber while other games where all you do is avoid being killed and keep everyone healed is boring in comparison

Healer has to know everything that is going on in the entire match/raid/game/wtf else. You need to monitor tank, dps, other support, yourself, all your cooldowns, keep everyone alive, while keeping yourself alive and without aggro, all while being completely ignored by the meathead tank and the edgy dps tryhard. Thankless, incredibly important and difficuI'M LYING I JUST LOVE PLAYING AS A GIRL AND BEING A SLUT ONLINE

I just find juggling resources/healing while dodging attacks to be fun. No need to overthink it

I like playing healer because I'm good at it, and the importance of my role keeps things interesting.

Attached: vector__crying_aqua_by_the_old_y_db4obul-pre.png (995x803, 421K)

Healing is fun to me because it's less about pure mechanical skill (which I'm shit at), and more about resource management and game sense.
Also I'm a slut that gets off on pleasuring and helping others so there's that too.

This is not a jojobrony thread, faggot.

I like playing healer because when you get a kill as the class that's supposed to be healing it's really funny. Pic related, it's my wife.

Attached: 250px-RedBlutsauger.png (250x148, 48K)

I usually fill in when playing multiplayer games which offers variety and if you're unhappy with someone, you have to do it yourself.
It's fun when the team isn't full of absolute retards and I'm certain they appreciate it as much, nothing more satisfying than everyone doing their job properly. I do dislike the recent trend of healers/support having to rely more and more on their teammates just to stay alive instead of being able to do a decent amount on their own and even worse is how people gravitate towards those roles because they think it's easy to do and they'll do enough.
Worst example of this that just happened to me earlier was a "corner hunting horn": in MHW, there's a weapon called the Hunting Horn which is a huge blunt weapon that can play notes and chain those together to play songs which buff the entire team. It has a high skill ceiling with its moveset so you need to know both the weapon and monster well to perform well with it. MHW is not a game where you have someone doing nothing but healing, you're supposed to actually hit the fucking monster until it's dead yet there still are people that do nothing but play their songs while standing far away and spamming heals, sure survivability goes up (as long as they don't die which they usually do because they are shit at the game) but fights in turn drag on for way too long since 1 person is not contributing to killing the monster. MHW is not a game that needs someone doing nothing but buffing and healing and the fact that during the gameplay showcase at E3 there was someone what I just described instead of showing off the cool new ways to beat the shit of the monster with the hunting horn pissed me off because it's going to spread the notion that this is the way it's meant to be played.

>fw they nerfed it to shit
fuck you, valve or robin or whoever now

Attached: 1495435064036.gif (248x225, 203K)

I like not waiting 2 hours in queues because everyone and their mother plays DPS.
Generally carrying a team feels great. And being in the back watching the whole fight makes it much easier to figure out the gimmicks of a fight.

I like AoE DPS because I like taking out whole mobs of enemies. Makes me feel useful.

I like playing healer cause why do something when you can rely on someone else?

I like playing support jobs who can also buff themselves into damage dealers, even if they are not optimal.

Attached: Thaumaturge.png (800x800, 290K)

all memes aside because its easy and everybody needs a healer Pathetic? Maybe. But it has boost me through most the games I've played pretty quickly

The only time I've played healer/support is in Paladins and that's because Seris' primary attack is OP as fuck for area denial.

And I used to like Pip when the game was first released as well, but he's shit now.

And I guess if you consider shooting score streaks down because my teammates are fucking brainlets with no thumbs, then I play support in Call of Duty as well, while throwing up UAVs and Counter UAVs to try and help the team win.

Medic in TF2 is straight up the most fun class.

I always wanted to try Hunting Horn online in Monster Hunter on Switch but I suck dicks with anything that isn't Lance or Dual Blades.

Never as a main role, I never really feel engaged. But if another class has passives or abilities that offer supplementary healing, definitely

I fucking hate playing healer/support classes. The reason is they're usually boring, for a combination of possible reasons:
>healing is too easy and all you can do is hope your team wins the game for you
>healing is a chore and you feel like a waiter in a busy restaurant, constantly being called to do something everyone takes for granted, except you're doing it for free
worst yet is when they're completely trivial or super necessary, and only change the game in a vertical sense, adding no new strategies and ways to play, just "your healing now makes up for your lack of offensive abilities you would have as another class" or "don't have a healer? you're automatically at a disadvantage and someone needs to take the responsibility", respectively.

I played as a tank for the first time in RFC tonight. It made me feel like a big man even though I didn't do that well and had a hard time tracking mobs

bump

i like jojo too, but the fanbase is fucking annoying