Why is no one talking about this amazing game?

Attached: marvel-ultimate-alliance-3---button-fin-1555529228205.jpg (1000x1000, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Su_tfbPxg2M
youtube.com/watch?v=fJxDmLMvHnk
youtube.com/watch?v=6Qz7btzFdzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's a Switch exclusive
>this board is super biased against capeshit
Take your pick.

Personally, while I wouldn't call it amazing, I'd say it's alright, pretty good even for what it is. I've been having fun playing as Black Panther a lot.

I feel like if they were to make a sequel with expanded mechanics and deeper combat, it'd be a legitimately great game.

there has been tons of threads, but there's only so much to discuss

Not on PC

I miss Marvel Heroes

I barely see any honestly, and its only been like 10 days since release.

Have people talked about the Infinity Trials or the post-game meta yet? Or tiers?

Waiting on my the first wave of DLC gonna Frank shit up.

They definitely haven't talked about tiers much. So I think it is dishonest to say we can't discuss much else.

It's really a Kino game, i just wish IA wasnt retarded

Attached: 1564330144817m.jpg (1024x545, 82K)

Anyways, this is a tier list some people made in a discord. It is pretty nice to see Cap and DD up there.

Attached: MUA 3 Discord tier list.jpg (1040x656, 158K)

>DD above Sniktbub
Am I missing something?

>tier lists for a non competitive game
autism

I'm still on the fence about buying the DLC. Honestly, I'm probably going to do it eventually but I'm too poor and cheap to just throw my money away like that right now when no one knows 100% who's coming. I will say that Blade definitely gets me hyped though.

Yeah, and there's a TON of post-game content with all the Infinity Trials too. It's kind of an underappreciated aspect of the game. I feel like it's something that I'm going to keep coming back to for a long, long time.

I think the people who made this really valued buffs above all else. I guess a lot depends on what your perspective on the meta is and what dominates it. This is supposed to be for characters at lvl 100 btw.

>BP
>Ghost Rider
>that high
I fucking believe it. BP's DPS is actually fucking insane and he destroys the stagger meter like fucking nothing else.

I am curious as to why DD, LC, and Psylocke are so high though. I love using DD but he seems average to me and I've put Psylocke on my team but I don't have any idea how to use her really.

IA?

Why make different s and a ranks and not just do seperate letters overall?

I think it is to indicate these characters are really close to each other and the game is pretty well balanced for the most part.

It's almost like things in any game can have objective strengths and weaknesses.

>no costumes
>only 4 moves
>3 spider people
How is it worse than the first game?

Yeah, I can't wait to start tackling all the Infinity Trials more.

There was a thread yesterday that hit bump limit.

Artificial inteligence
Sorry i'm retarded and use the spic one by mistake (inteligencia artificial)

it doesnt have best girl Gwenpool

Attached: gweee.jpg (1041x1600, 513K)

I guess but is it so nuanced you couldn't just put all 3 S tiers together and have them in order accordingly. It just seems stupid to me to have 3 seperate "best" tiers.

Yeah, I really think they put DD up that high because of his debuff which is honestly great for bosses, but he isn't really good for CC and similar things. So this tier list seems pretty skewed towards focusing on boss fights.

I miss it way more than I ever expected to

I want to forcefully impregnate her

It's fine. And I agree with you on the AI being pretty crappy.

>forcefully
Poole is not for raping

Yeah, you are probably right actually on that.

Does Cap do cool flippy shit?
I love that Chris Evans liked the Sega Cap game so much he had them incorporate the combat style into the films.

Begone autist

One issue I have with this list is how low IF is on it. Miles could be a tad higher along with Mags too.

Not really

He isn't flippy unfortunately.

Now I don't know too much about the meta, but IF seems like a very good glass cannon. Dude melts health bars if you manage to survive with him. My IF right now is underleveled but he still manages to do comparable damage to my stronger heroes anyway.

I feel like Ms. Marvel is a bit low too.

superheroes are the most boring entertainment concept ever imagined and their designs are always tacky garbage.

Agree completely.

>and their designs are always tacky garbage
>always

Attached: Bait.png (500x500, 7K)

you must be a little bitch

Attached: 『ウルトラマンタイガ』(新)第1話「バディゴー!」 -公式配信- _ULTRAMAN TAIGA_ (1920x1080, 216K)

Everyone online is retarded and misses the easiest boxes and I hate them for it. I will never 100% these fucking chapters.

Because it's shit.

Damn I'd play a toku alliance game.

Can we enjoy things for what they are every once in a while? This game shouldn't even exist in many ways.

Hope you don't like weeb shit, which often has much tackier shit.

Call me when Team Ninja makes a solo Wolverine game.

Attached: img_screen_l_94.jpg (750x420, 346K)

>that one fag that runs through everything instead of waiting for the host

sadly toku games are all mobile shit or shovelware these days

Attached: 『ウルトラマンタイガ』第3話「星の復讐者」 -公式配信- _ULTRAMAN TAIGA_ Episod (1920x1080, 153K)

DC Alliance for me.

>Call me when Team Ninja makes a solo Wolverine game.
*Black Panther

Attached: justice league heroes.jpg (225x225, 11K)

I find it hard to enjoy a game with less content than its predecessor

I wish all of the other melee characters played as smooth as Panther, he's fucking sick. And he gets Cap's reflect move, but he explodes the energy out after. Regardless of whether you like the character it's hard not to bring him along just for fun factor and effectiveness

Squad:
>Cap
>Black Panther
>Star-Lord
>Venom

Loki, Daredevil, and Strange are all cool though. Honestly this game made almost everybody cool and effective, one of the biggest strengths. Looking foward to Marvel Knights so I can put DD, Punisher, Blade and MK together for a street justice squad.

*Blade
To be honest I just want a new pure action game from TN.

In some cases. The Infinity Trials are nice addition.

The Great Battle series is the closest you'll get to that.

Attached: (SNES) Great battle IV.jpg (346x500, 84K)

Less content in some areas and far more in others. I also prefer MUA1, but it's disingenuous to dismiss 3 as "less content" when it's got a 36 character base roster with unique melee combos, 4 difficulties, and the trials.

Attached: 1-sUDoFTLvLQOmpEIVykIQbQ.jpg (1296x730, 135K)

36 characters that are much more shallow than characters in MUA1

>three players converge around a box that needs synergy skills to open it
>fourth guy just runs straight into the next section and locks us out
I wish Switch's online wasn't such a joke that you need an app on your phone just to communicate with people, and that's only if they have it as well.

My fucking man of taste. BP is easily one of the most fun heroes to use for me. Everything just felt right once I unlocked him. Maybe it's because I'm underleveled but I feel like his reflect is a little underpowered though.

>To be honest I just want a new pure action game from TN.
Same. I was actually just thinking about how cool it'd be if they made a Black Panther game as a spiritual successor to Ninja Gaiden or how they could make a new NG game but have T'challa and Psylocke as guest characters or something.

Blade would fit better as a DMC-style game, for obvious reasons. Deadpool too.

always
wow spandex sooo cool

You need to replay MUA1. I replayed it last month. Just like 3, the vast majority of powers fall into a set of templates they clone across characters. Melee characters have "charge punch/kick/stab" power, ranged characters have "charge blast" power. Copied slams, copied richochets, even Moon Knight and Magneto get Cap's shield. Every character has two buffs. Xtreme takes up a power slot, so you only have 3 powers in effect. And obviously everybody has the shared set of melee combos.

I love MUA1 and I like it more than 3, but its strength is not "deep characters". The advantages are bigger levels that aren't as strictly linear (e.g. MUA1 Asgard), wackier levels like Murderworld, and more to the RPG mechanics.

Attached: Doctor Doom.jpg (1204x1513, 641K)

The predecessor that was released nearly 13 years ago? This is more of a series revival than an actual sequel, loosen up man. It's not even the same team who made it.

Not him but how can I play MUA1 and 2? I've always wanted to but missed out on them somehow.

>amazing game
where

having less shit than a 13 year old game is pathetic

I think it's amazing. Except for the horrendous IA and camera issues. I beat it today with some anons.

They rereleased on PC/XB1/PS4 a year or so back. Then Activision lost the license and they got pulled. If you have a PC I'd definitely recommend just pirating the rerelease since you can't buy it anymore. If you have XB1/PS4 I think you'd need to find physical copies.

MUA1 is a good time, it's just pretty retro. MUA2 is worse but if you go in with low expectations it's still fun. Definitely way better with friends.

You're pathetic. Imagine carrying a 13 year old grudge against a video game.

So what is it? Like a beat-em-up where you play as marvel heroes and you play co-op with folks online?

Who are the bosses?

MUA 1 was basically a big XML2 expansion, it was all the same engine and carried over some of the models and animations. Watch an interview some time. That's how they were able to put so much in and develop it fairly quickly. XML/XML2/MUA1 are basically the same game with minor modifications.

For a completely new entry I am more than satisfied with MUA3, it's better than I expected. And by many metrics it has more content than MUA1. If they make a sequel I hope they bring back more RPG elements and make the levels more open and exploratory.

Attached: tumblr_ngwi0qYcb51r7sijxo1_1280.gif (1232x922, 598K)

Might just have to pirate but I might get the physical copies if I can.

Basically a beat em up with RPG elements. It's a veritable who's-who of Marvel, user.

SWEET CHRISTMAS

I know Kung Fu

I REALLY wish the voice commands were better in this. They're all pretty bland aside from Deadpool (who's more toned down than what you'd expect) and Elsa Bloodstone, who's quote that I'm forgetting actually made me laugh and was also a great throwback in tone to Nextwave.

Oh be gentle now darling. I'm a delicate fucking flower.

YES

That's the one. Best line in the fucking game.

Also made me feel like I was playing Bayonetta there for a second.

The voice acting is "just alright". I loved Venom's MUA1 lines

youtube.com/watch?v=Su_tfbPxg2M

I'm not sure what's up with the lower quality voice acting. A stylistic decision? Budget? Disney oversight? MUA 1 had overall excellent voice acting

I like Ghost Rider's dumb demon voice though.

THOSE WERE SOME SOLID TRICKS

Attached: PUNMAX031COV_colREV.jpg (324x494, 61K)

Yeah, I really like it too. There's so much that can be improved on in the sequel. Let's just hope they don't drop the ball.

Relistening to these lines, are there even level up lines in 3, or lower power lines? Or even the lines for when you're running into a wall, or switching characters. I miss that stuff.

>The voice acting is "just alright".
The voice acting is great actually. The problem is that the writing's just kinda okay and the voice commands are pretty boring.

Just the generic "Level Up" guy

I'm glad its selling better than the dev team expected hopeful Disney doesn't do one of their usual bullshit like dropping it if it won't reach some insane numbers.

Yeah maybe that's it, and just not enough voice lines in general. Also weird about the writing was the amount of times you beat a villain and they just... leave? And everybody talks about how they'll inevitably come back.

Like, do they really need to go "oh don't worry Thanos will come back again". Same with Hela, who Odin just lets go? MODOK just runs away? The only ones who actually seem to be jailed are the bosses of the Raft.

The writing definitely felt like it was aimed at a younger age, which was a shame, because it's not like MUA1 was "grim" or "dark" or whatever. It just was a step above a children's TV show. It was still goofy. MUA3 has a fun campaign, location-wise, but the writing is pretty shit.

Attached: 10b80429f2bd66e1e09013a8f8fe6bcb.jpg (700x995, 239K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fJxDmLMvHnk

this game could use some type of level sync when playing with other people online so people can't join in with their epic level 40 characters when the highest character a player has is level 10.

I honestly like it because it feels like a missing EMH episode.

Leveling heroes individually is actually not fun at all. I don't mind grinding for materials, but trying to get someone up to par for them to do their own solo trial is a fucking pain. It also messes with my nonexistent autism for when I want to use a specific team for a certain area but they're 30 levels behind.
Ok, blog post over

Attached: 1556591363883.jpg (720x849, 41K)

>some fag joins with his Level 90 Captain Marvel
>host is using a level 20 guy

Attached: Ok.png (259x327, 128K)

Marvel Heroes pre-Omega was amazing. How does UA3 compare?

The tone was that of a Saturday morning cartoon. The only difference is 3 understood what it was where the first 2 did not.

Agreed there's already a lot of heroes plus more on the way that a lot just to get to a high level.

Use XP cubes user, or put one in with your main party, they will level fast enough.

I don't know how anyone could prefer the writing of MUA3 to MUA1. Even children. When I play Superior I'm skipping the cutscenes.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Qz7btzFdzs

>tfw I actually like grinding each character one by one
Am I retarded?

Attached: The Fucking Queen.png (325x559, 176K)

Yes, but I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Your enjoyment has to balance out everybody who misses the sensible XP share system of the previous games

good and it shouldnt come back. Those ports were a disaster and a disgrace

This. It's capeshit. If I buy it, it won't be at full price.

It's because the pacing and tone of the new game are a lot more focused. They figure most people playing already know these characters and considering the MCU is a tough act to follow, they went for a lighter tone.

None of the writing in any if these games are good. It's just that the new one isnt having every character I run into drown me in exposition and Easter eggs while trying to prove how grown up it is like the first two did.

>Black Order
>Thanos
>Spidey Villains
>Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
>Maximus the Mad
>Dormammu
And more!

How are you grinding your XP?

>this board is super biased against capeshit
why?

Just playing Story with randos and doing Trials when I get bored.

Because they are way more mature than the rest of us, apparently.

It's popular now

>while trying to prove how grown up it is like the first two did

I never experienced this. Not defending mua2 by the way, just 1. 1 was goofy played straight which is the right way to do it. We're riding fucking bumper cars, MUA 1 never pretended to be grown-up. But it wasn't obnoxiously kiddy like 3 is. It was fun for kids without being grating for adults.

>I never experienced this
Not surprised.

This. MUA1 was pretty goofy overall.

how do i beat the second fight with strange? he destroys my team. I'm using spidey, deadpool, ghost rider and elsa

Strange was the only boss who give real difficulty I just raised my teams levels some more and also buffed their attributes.

When do you unlock Magneto? I thought you did after the Xavier Institute level but I guess not.

Infinity Trial

Dupe glitch so I can have four of one character and pump it.

I know. Nothing seems to fill that void. Even if I got sick of it I'd come back a month or two later.

Yeah, was downhill those last few years. Since I'm a PC gamer I don't have access to any of the UA games, in spite of hearing them being good.

Would be find with the bastardized version, but yeah it definitely peaked well before the end.

why are there like 3 spider-men

>just solo'd Dormamu with Strange after everyone else died in the clusterfuck

holy shit

>But it wasn't obnoxiously kiddy like 3 is
I didn't get that feeling at all, if anything 3 had a lot more references and at times like with Ultron or even when Venom fucking took out Electro(didn't kill him though) it was pretty serious. Sure theres stuff like Bulleye just jumping out of the window but that's kinda his thing

>3 had a lot more references
than it really should've if it was just supposed to appeal to MCU fans and all that*

How's the level design? From the few pics and vids I saw it seems its mostly circle arenas

linear

>No Ant-Man

Attached: qt.webm (1280x720, 939K)