Emulation appreciation thread

How much money do you think you've saved thanks to emulation?

Attached: hd2.jpg (512x384, 26K)

well, I would be pirating even on the original system so just the cost of each system if I didn't already have it

I do have a sd2snes for one

>zsnes

The cost of a genesis and shining force 2.

..but I do have every systems I ever emulated so shrug

I only emulate old shit that I wouldn't have bothered to buy anyway so I saved nothing.

I've only play Super Mario Bros and The Lost Levels for free.

Thousands upon thousands. I don't have to play the shit game that collectorfags do and I'm forever grateful.

>it's a people think you can't pirate on console episode

Attached: .jpg (400x300, 29K)

zsnes brings me great nostalgia so I still use it.

why do people hate zsnes

hey zsnes, what's 255+255 equal to?

why would you want to?

Its inaccurate on alot of shit.

if emulation didn't exist, why WOULDN'T you want to?

OP is acting like it's only because of emulation that people get to save money

Inaccurate buggy shit that behaves nothing like an actual console. A lot of romhacks and fan translations from last decade don't work on flashcarts because everyone used Zsnes to test them.

What's a good DS emulator? Never played Pokemon Heart Gold and want to give it a try.

Nowadays melonDS is best, but DeSmuME has more history/features, so it may be what you'll prefer. Just try both if in doubt

It's not like it matters, the last version of zsnes came out 12 years ago.
Always wondered why they stopped though.

I like how the version offered on the site is still the vulnerable one that let you use a snes rom to inject code in zsnes (this been known for years now)

can do anything, even use the snes rom to install snes9x

I love when there are mods for console games that emulators facilitate. Like 60fps patches or graphical improvements.

Attached: SOTC Birds.webm (1090x600, 2.67M)

Brainlet here, what does this means?

basically you could download a mario rom from some site, try to run it zsnes, and it can go ahead and install a virus or whatever

Does me answering that question for you make YOUR games run any better/faster? If not I don't give a fuck, I'm a SNES not a calculator

Well, being able to do correct additions does help games run as they were intended to.

Overflow calculation aren't that common but still used. If I receive "100" when I try to do 255+255 (it could be some damage calculate, position, random number generation, whatever), it certainly makes no sense.

The comfiest emulator

>I'm a SNES not a calculator
So you can be able to do shit way faster than a calculator then.

>melonDS is best
why's that?

> help games run as they were intended to.
Which games? I said your games.
What games will you not be able to play on me, and why is it worth using over 20x your system resources to make those specific games work absolutely perfectly?

Hard to say, should I use the base price of each game back when they got initially released (so like $70~ for me here), or their rough pricing after they got re-released on Virtual Console and the like (which is usually $6~ per game).

>tfw your romhack works on a REAL snes, bsnes, snes9x, and many weirdo emulators
>BUT crashes in zsnes
>get tired of people reporting it, why should you even fix something that works on a real snes anyway?
>adds a check for 255+255 to detect zsnes

Attached: zsnes.gif (512x440, 1.28M)

What the flying fuck.

I guess I'm not the only one who always uses dir before doing anything, even when I know whats in the directory.

yeah, it's a habit as well, well with "ls" anyway but I use dir if it's all that works

>wasting $200 odd to do something you can do on PC for free
lmao
>but muh original console experience
Part of that is dealing with cartridges. You may as well have gotten a SNES to USB controller

>zsnes

Attached: 1445916595623.jpg (615x593, 96K)

nice job missing the point

if emulation didn't exist it would be pretty damn worth it compared to getting overpriced carts

that aside, most people getting sd2snes do it for competition/speedrunning, using the real deal is just a good way to ensure everything is on even ground

On PC it's literally not the same.

none

..especially considering they already ban several emulators for their inaccuracy

zsnes is especially bad for running some games faster than they should

based zsnes making zoomer cuckbois seethe

Attached: 1546944322298.webm (550x478, 1.05M)

Probably thousands

Emulation is the most based part about PC gaming. A good PC allows you to play literally every game ever made for free, except for current gen console exclusives.

Imagine trying to hunt down old games and consoles instead of just downloading the ROM for free and playing it on 4k 60 fps.

Attached: 1555884730765.jpg (1920x1205, 756K)