Has a console ever had it's entire library ported over before?

Has a console ever had it's entire library ported over before?

Attached: 1446240024574.jpg (400x400, 41K)

The Dreamcast. Sort of. There's a few things that didn't get ported to anything else, but most of the noteworthy titles got ported to another console at some point.

Pikmin 3 is still exclusive and it's the only reason I still touch mine.

No, because we still don't have xenoblade x yet.

It ain't gonna happen for the Wii U games that everyone wants it to happen for.

Well there weren't many games to begin with. But there are still some noteable exclusives. Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Xenoblade X, Devil's Third, and Paper Mario Color Splash come to mind but I'm sure there are others.

Here's the major releases I can think of, am I missing any?

>Ported to Switch
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
New Super Mario Bros U + Super Luigi U
Captain Toad
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors

>Not Yet Ported to Switch:
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Yoshi's Woolly World
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Nintendo Land
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Star Fox Zero
Paper Mario: Color Splash
Super Smash Bros for Wii U (but Ultimate is a straight upgrade, so doesn't really count)

i just realized my computer could run wii u games full speed or at least the nintendo ones, which games should i play

You're missing Pokkén Tournament

>Ultimate
>Upgrade
whatever helps you sleep at night

Attached: 0060 - pz7fCP9.jpg (1195x1151, 233K)

Not even 4 shitters pretend to like that game anymore, update your shitposting template.

If you want to count emulation, several.

cope driftlet

Attached: source.gif (400x225, 996K)

I want to give this another go

>they port captain toad over 3d world

Attached: 1559592039275.jpg (480x365, 19K)

Yep, there's this thing called emulation which ports over every console's entire library to PC and it happens to every system sooner or later.

A lot of it hasn't been ported yet though.

If you are counting backward compatibility then PS1, PS2, Gameboy, GBC, Dreamcast nearly has,

WiiU was honestly a good console. Sort of the last true console even. But like the PSP it was marketed very poorly. It wasn't Wii Bowling 2 for the casual audience and having the Wii name scared off most of everyone else who thought it would just be more waggling.

Screen was under used just like the wiimotes before them for anything really good, but to its credit it has the most unique and worthwhile games of its time. I mean fuck the Xbox still has nothing unless you like Gears and PS4 only has a few titles. So I guess its a piece of shit but it was a piece of shit with some games at least.

Attached: e5f79f653c60cb176bd485ce34134648b713c716r1-2048-2048v2_hq.jpg (1024x1024, 148K)

Xbox One.

The Vita's. Either all it's good games are ports (persona, muramasa), got ported (toukiden, gravity daze, senran kagura), or they're so shit they didn't bother porting them (freedom wars, soul sacrifice.)

the entire library of telegames pong has been ported many times

All these ports and all I care about is Fatal Frame 5 and Twilight Princess HD.

>shitting on Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice
Nah, man. SS's gameplay was modest but the aesthetics were top tier, while FW had a great mechanical base but was just straight up unfinished.