Nintendo Switch in Japan has already outsold PS4 lifetime sales

>Nintendo Switch in Japan has already outsold PS4 lifetime sales
>PS4 still gets all the big multiplats like KH3, DMC5, etc.
I don't get it. Why? I get that it's because there's still other countries to think about, but Switch is still doing really well in other countries and selling a lot, right? Not only that, there's the portable aspect for Japan because they like that, while PS4 can't do it. It kind of pisses me off. I want a Switch but even with how well they're doing, there's no reason to get one aside from Nintendo exclusives.

Attached: bundle_color_box.jpg (554x369, 40K)

Nintendo exclusives are the only reason to own a Nintendo console.

Great but that's not what this thread is about.

Then fuck you

Sony actively will sabotage any third party that gives any meaningful support to Nintendo consoles.

Nippon Ichi praised the Switch and shit on PS4, and now there are rumors of them going bankrupt.

People severely underestimate the lengths that Sony will go to to preserve their image as being the ''''''face'''' of gaming.

Attached: Sony does not care about small companies.jpg (1329x865, 291K)

Just passing by

Attached: ghf.png (282x179, 8K)

Because it's "underpowered" and all the latest games keep trying to push graphics consoles.

This 8 says it launches same day on Switch.

you make it sound as if it isn't nintendo's fault. as technology gets better why wouldn't you expect devs to want their worlds to be more beautiful and to better express their creative vision.

And despite that Nintendo has been making games with gameplay and not games that jerk off graphics with forced cinematic cut scenes.
It doesn't matter anyways since I have a PS4 for the few games that aren't like that.

AAA games like KH3 and Monster Hunter World started development WAY before the Switch was wildly successful on such a scale that developers were willing to back it. The tides move slowly. There are definitely more AAA games currently in the pipeline for Switch than PS4. But I imagine there's also way more in development for PS5 and new Xbox than the Switch.

Because Switch is a fucking casual console for people that play Super Mario Party Time.

FPBP.

Get it through your thick fucking skull, the switch has fisherprice tier hardware and nintendofans generally don't buy third party stuff unless it's a indie that was super popular before releasing on switch.

That's why you don't get the games or if you do get them you get a stripped down ugly ass slow framerate running piece of shit

Because work began on these games before Switch was even a thing or back when Switch was still new and people were unsure of it due to the WiiU. But next gen you will see the Japanese hop on board with Switch.

The irony is the most innovative game that people from nintendo themselves like sakurai believe are going to shape the future of gaming is GTA V, a game you can't get on the switch because its limited hardware would keep people like Rockstar from expressing their vision. where does this notion even come from that if a game looks beautiful it doesn't focus on gameplay?

ps4 is just better to develop for
I doubt devs really wanna squeeze their games down for the switch

The Switch can't run those games unless they are tweaked to accomodate the mobile hardware.

Keep in mind this thing has 256 cuda cores and is made with low power in mind. An average PC has around 1500 cores at full speed.

That is the price of being a special snowflake.

>where does this notion even come from that if a game looks beautiful it doesn't focus on gameplay?
Envy, my friend.

lmao Nintendo has to buy third party support while Sony doesn't give a shit about NIS or SNK but still gets their games anyway

Same goes for sony?
Why the fuck would I own a PlayStation if every single game on the platform was available on PC?

Attached: 1564081806275.png (894x773, 48K)

It doesn't make sense why they wouldn't release it on the switch, even while I own the PS4 version, this could play like GTA IV and V with consoles and PC, people are willing to double dip if its released on another console that happens to add portability and its well liked, rather than just rereleasing it with extra stuff on the same console.
Also they need to port P4G to anything PS4, switch, whatever, just get it out from the vita.

>big multiplats
>KH3, DMC5

Attached: 1492839466219.gif (500x281, 92K)

the industry doesn't want to compomise their creative vision for the sake of making their games run on an underpowered bing bing toy.

nis has been in financial trouble for years now, you really can't completely blamed their incompetence on sony

And for free games since their security is always awful

keep crying söytendo

Jesus, people are retarded. The companies have already said why they aren't on the Switch.
They were in development for 4-5 years, and they were not designed to run on the Switch hardware. And there are very few companies that know how to port AAA games to the Switch(Panic Button), and they're already very busy.
And even if they do port them to the Switch, they don't sell very well because everyone buys Nintendo games on Nintendo hardware.
Once 5G comes out, though, and gives everyone access to fiber internet speeds with no data caps anywhere at all times, then it will be possible to stream AAA games to the Switch, and the Switch will become largely a streaming device. They've already started this in Japan.

Probably either an exclusivity deal with Sony or a formal agreement. If it was ever agreed upon that Persona Mainline would only be on Playstation hardware, then if Atlus breaks that contract they prove then it hurts their credibility in the industry.

Attached: 1563935208326.jpg (720x811, 76K)

>why does underpowered arm based system not get x86 developed games?
you can't just wave a wand and get a game running, it is way easier to port between pc, ps4 and xbone than to the switch

You mean like how Capcom got absolutely destroyed for breaking their exclusivity agreement with Nintendo 2 gens ago? Oh wait there are absolutely no consequences to that sort of thing happening.

>Either they're absolutely destroyed or there are absolutely no consequences.

If you're willing to reduce everything to preschool level binaries, then you win.

Switch has gotten huge 3rd party support. Unfortunately, but being a slightlier beefier PS Vita that pretty much limits it to 3rd gen ports. People stopped porting to the Wii U at this point because it wasn't worth it, so the fact that it's still getting so many ports of 3rd generation games is actually a good sign that 3rd party presence on the Switch pays off. Just hope Nintendo doesn't royally fuck up on the next console by overgimmicking it and it'll be alright.

Seriously, name one consequence Capcom faced over Resi4/Viewtiful Joe.

>Also they need to port SMTIV to anything PS4, switch, whatever, just get it out from the 3ds

>I don't get it. Why?
Ain't it obvious? For starters development of AAA games take years and the NS proved to be a succes on its second year so it was not going to receive those games. On the other hand it is underpowered so to do a port of a game like KH3 or DMC5 would require too much work and sales aren't guaranted since Nintendobabies only buy games featured in smash.

It's confirmed it won't happen no matter what

Nincel cope

Attached: 1560266822040.jpg (945x1033, 218K)

because the switch is literally running Android tablet hardware from 2016. so not even console/PC hardware from 2016, it's Android tablet hardware that wasn't even the highest end for that year. it's nearly impossible to squeeze any modern game onto that shit without lowering graphics and framerate the devs worked so hard on. like, yes can you, with alot of money and effort port ps4 games to switch? sure, but most people own both a switch and another console or PC, most devs wouldnt waste money, time, and resources porting some game to 560p 26-28fps (doom 2016 and Wolfenstein)

Attached: 1551404058317.png (911x900, 1.55M)

The PS4 (just like original PSX) was designed from ground up to accomodate third-parties. That along with Sony traditionally being less hostile to third parties and near complete market monopoly has lead to them winning. Switch or any other Nintendo gimmick can never compete with PS4. PS4 is the console which all multiplat development stems from.

Attached: 2019.jpg (1072x1168, 378K)

Viewtiful Joe came out over a year after launching on Gamecube. Resident Evil 4 was over half a year. Seems like they had a timed exclusivity deal. If you can show me proof that Nintendo was fucked over without knowing then I gotta give it you. Seems like they made a similar deal with Capcom that they did with Suda and Travis Strikes Again.

Publish on our platform first to help us move consoles and get marketshare. I assume Atlus has a similar deal with Sony and its probably monetary. If not, then it makes no sense why P5R wouldn't be on the Switch. Because If we assume you're right and there are no consequences, then how else could you explain Atlus' decision?

PS4 is more like if you don't have a life and you need all the consoles or to use it instead of pc. Pc is for either just work, browsing, managing etc.
Not really. But i feel that way about their home consoles.

>KH 3 higher than AC7
why can't reviewers appreciate Ace Combat 7??

Thats because ps4 is better than pc

>or Pc
Why wouldn't you own pc? Do you just watch movies on PS4, dvd player or what lol