Rate them

Rate them.

Not including Doom 4 (that's the 2016 game, zoomers) since it's obviously the worst.

Attached: file.png (1066x599, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lmS6qMKcsz0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>since it's obviously the worst.

Attached: Doom vs nu-Doom.webm (320x240, 2.68M)

I know this is bait, but christ the cherrypicking still pisses me off

>10/10
>7/10
>5/10

doom 2016 is the best the franchise has ever been, go watch nascar or something boomer

im gonna rate all of them because go fuck yourself
Doom 1 > Doom 2 > Doom 4 > Doom 64 > Doom 3

/thread

Correct opinions

Doom 4 is the best you dumb boomer

final doom > doom > doom 64 > doom 2 > thy flesh consumed > sigil

>new is bad
>old it's good
haven't played 2016 DOOM but I'm pretty sure it's a great sequel, unless you were waiting for literally "DOOM II 2"

im pretty zoom zoom as it gets and i liked doom 2016 and was excited for it since pre-release but its still not as good as 1 or 2

Doom 2016 is better than Doom 3. Doom 3 wanted to be a Half-Life clone. Resurrection of Evil copying the Gravity Gun but worse was proof of such.

As much as you hate it, Doom '16 is still more of a Doom game than 3.

Doom > 64 > 2 > 3
Haven't played 4. And I'm just going to call it 4.
I still get a kick out of them using the promo art for Lost Mission as the representative of 3, since 3's actual promo art was this lame-ass cg render. Cg render covers/promos belong in the trash. The game was fine.

>thy flesh consumed > sigil
They're just 7-mission episodes, why are they ranked differently.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (960x720, 68K)

Doom II > Doom > Doom 64 > Doom 4 > Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil > Doom 3

Doom = 2016 > 2 > 3 > 64
Granted I haven't played the PC fan port of 64 and I've heard it's quite good.

It fixes the strafing acceleration that makes the game a chore to play with gamepad, changes it to just be 1:1 with keyboard inputs, definitely worth picking up.

Doom > Doom II > Final Doom > Doom 4 > Doom 3 = Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil

I haven't played Doom 64 yet.

1>4>64>3>2

>Doom II > Doom

Attached: 1557854549920.jpg (665x615, 36K)

1 > 4 > 2 > 64 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

Hating Doom 2016 is a surefire way to tell that someone's a zoomer pretending to be a boomer.

doom 1 > doom 64 > doom 2 > doom 2016 > doom 3

They're all good. Except Doom 3, fuck that game.

While I'm not hating on it, it is my least favorite of all Doom. I enjoyed it plenty the first time around but haven't been able to finish it a second time.

Ultimate Doom>Doom 2>Doom 64=Doom 4>Doom 3
but they're all good and anyone who says otherwise is retarded and gay

he's right, Doom is too easy without the Doom 2 enemies

Yeah but like half the maps are just trashy filler/gimmicks and on-par with underwelming community WADs. Even if the Archvile was a 10/10 addition.

Doom 2's level design has too much verticality which makes the auto-aim shit the bed, same problem with Doom 1's 4th episode.

this

Wtf happened to Dooms 5-63?

doom 64>doom 2>doom 4> doom 1> doom 3

Attached: gigachad busto.jpg (859x960, 224K)

You have to play Doom RPG to understand.

Doom 2 is the expansion Doom needed. You get the super shotgun, archvilles, and those floating heads that shit other floating heads.

Doom 2 is also where they figured out that more monsters = more fun. You start getting truckloads of imps and pinkies thrown at you, while barons of hell and cacodemons stop being bosses and start popping out everywhere.

Doom 2 is the faster-paced action sequel to Doom 1. Like the movie Aliens vs Alien. It's just Doom turnt up.

Doom 2 is the purest Doom there is.

Doom>2016=2>64>>>>>

Based 64chad

1 > 64 > 2 > 4 > 3

But they started experimenting with massive levels in Doom 2 and it goes to shit.

Also
>Chaingunners

It still has ass level design.

that doesn't fix the inferior level design, which mechanically affects the game and to me, personally, makes it a worst experience. It's still a great game, don't get me wrong.

1 > 64 > 4 > 2 > 3

>64 last
>thinks nu doom is good
please neck urself retard

Attached: 1484110904028.png (1280x738, 761K)

Good taste, 64 was pretty damn good.

What cherry-picking? Doom 1/2 literally have no Y axis aiming making them piss easy. I downloaded 1-3 2 days ago and my mind can't still believe you retards think 2016 is a bad game, those massive nostalgia size dildos in your asses are massive.

I just bought D44M, is it just me or the audio cues in this game are pretty weak compared to Doom 1 and 2? I'm somewhat deaf so maybe it's just me but I've gotten hit by off screen shit pretty often.

This post is 100% correct.
OP is a mongoloid retard

Doom 2016 is better than Doom 2 kill yourself. anyway: Doom > 2016 > 2 > 3

Doom 64 with a Nintendo 64 controller is a pain
Regarding your 2016 observation: NEW GAME BAD.

>Doom 64 with a Nintendo 64 controller is a pain
It's pretty easy to play, it's not like playing Doom the way it was intended with Keyboard only was as good as playing it with M&K yet it's still great.

Best to worst:
>Doom
>Doom 2
>Doom64
>Doom 2016
>Doom 3
>Final Doom

Plutonia > NRFTL > Doom 2 > Ultimate Doom > TNT > SIGIL > Doom 64 > Doom 3 > Doom 4

I don't consider Doom 3 or 4 to be true Doom games but at least Doom 3 is it's own thing and doesn't obnoxiously try to convince you over and over and over that it's JUST LIKE OLD SCHOOL DOOM XD LE EPIC RIP AND TEAR PUNCH DEMONS XD OMG SO FAST THE SPEED THE MOVEMENT XDXDXDDDXD

Was Sigil legit terrible or just initial overreactions?

I thought it was fucking great

Doom 3 tried to be it's own thing and it sucked balls. Not trying to defend nu-Doom but I honestly can see any reason why people would prefer 3 over that one, it's just a really lackluster game.

I agree with NRFTL being that high, at least.
Damn fine episode.

Post your essential/favorite wads.

>Plutonia anywhere near the top
>obviously hasn't played 4 past the first hour
Big yikes

10/10
Sandy/10
7/10

Also 2016 is great fuck you

Attached: succubus senpai.png (672x941, 583K)

What's the easiest way to play Doom and Doom II on PC? I checked /vg/ but there's no Doom general up.

objectively correct

Check the /vr/ general's OP

/vr/ is the place also GZDoom

Is Final Doom considered canon?

It comes into it's own. Especially the DLC that introduces the super shotgun. You bind sprint to right click and switch weapons instead of reloading.

Still has issues. Revenants and Archviles are neutered compared to Doom 2, there's a stamina bar for some fucking reason, and no subtitles in a game that wants you to play audio logs to get codes.

>easiest
Pirate Doom 3 BFG, boom done.
That's not the best way, though.

No

Thy Flesh Consumed/10
Super Shotty/10
Best BFG/10

Probably outdated as fuck but here you go.

Attached: 1361595089582.jpg (1543x2719, 1.53M)

64 > 2 > 2016 > 1 >> 3

Including NuDoom, all 4 of the Doom games are fucking masterpieces. 64 feels the most ingenious, however it's not as all-encompassing as Doom 2 is. I think Doom 2's technically better, but I like how well-designed and unique 64 is. Also 2016 is the best single-player shooter released in years and built on a foundation that almost no other big budget titles were attempting at the time. Doom 1's a pioneer but 2 like another user said is just everything turned up, and 64 is taking the experience in a different direction.

Why do retards pretend Zoom 4 is good?
Its fucking garbage, quite literally anyone likes that game its because it was their first.
Any sane Doomer would share my opinion.

I finished Doom 4 in about 6 hours. It's a decent game, just not a good Doom game.

Here is my Doomer Opinion.

Final Doom (Meaning TNT and Plutonia) > Doom 1 > Doom 64 > Doom 2 > Doom 3 > Doom 4.

You're right, it's a great Doom game.

>but I like how well-designed and unique 64
Those secret levels can jump off a cliff and die, though.

Attached: who designed this shit.png (1113x308, 26K)

I was told Yea Forums were a bunch of contrarians, but all I see are a bunch of faggots parroting the same fucking ratings. Behold my shit taste losers:

Doom 4 > Doom 2 > Doom > Doom64 > Final Doom > Doom 3 (didn't play it)

Maybe people enjoy fun games about shooting demons, I don't know, m8

zoom zoom zooooom

Doom 64 might not have the best gameplay (not enough enemies at the same time, some annoying puzzles) but it has my favorite visuals and music.

yes

Doom
1/10

Doom 2
2/10

Doom 3
3/10

Doom 64
64/10

2>1>3
I do think 3 was fucking amazing too. First time through I played only at night alone and in the dark with headphones and goddamn it had me on edge of my seat the whole way through. Even with flashlight faggotry I still give the game a 8 or 9 ( not to mention the lighting system that carmack conjured up that completely changed how light and real time shadows are done) But I do hold the first two in higher esteem, tho that could be nostalgia and growing up with them.

Eheheh.

>Final Doom (Meaning TNT and Plutonia) >

Terrible.

Doom VFR > 1 > 2016 > 2 > 3 > 64

>plutonia in first
>64 and 4 that low

Attached: 1511316786831.jpg (420x410, 17K)

t. got his ass handed to him

The funniest thing is to see people saying, "oh, they managed to transport the essence of Doom to a modern fps," as if the game had some relationship beyond the name.
I imagine the guys playing on Xbox controls pressing X to perform a "Fataliity" on enemies who start dancing after getting shot from the stun-shotgun and saying, "Wow! Just like the original experience."

I agree with you user.
Also i must say that the bar has been set so low in videogames that something that is average or decent ends up looking like a total masterpiece in comparison.
quite literally the taste and standards of the general "gamer" market has decreased incredibly.

>this one new mechanic wasn't in the original
>it invalidates the whole game
Jesus fuck, user. I'm 30 and I can't understand jaded fuckers like you.

>not liking Plutonia
easiest way to out yourself as a shitter

Right to left, right?

false. you fucking babies. press tab, it shows you the map.
mazes are fun, linear bullshit is boring

Attached: doom.jpg (939x1135, 657K)

Playing through the first doom for the first time. So he is on Mars, right? Is there any reason why. And why are there demons / people that look infected?

Attached: 082907B8-4C46-4E15-87D0-59A98731AF17.jpg (812x650, 104K)

>mazes are fun, linear bullshit
This is my favorite meme.
You can make a shitty maze instead of a smartly designed one and you can make an intense linear level by going full "no filler only killer stuff" approach. Doom 2 has a lot of shitty levels not because they're maze like but because they're not particularly well designed.

Doom > doom 2 > doom 4 > doom 3
You could argue doom 2 is better but i like the music and level design better in the original

I was the one criticising the verticallity, which legit affects the auto-aim mechanic for the worst. I have nothing against the maze design.

no

Sadly the doom community has taken the linear = bad meme way too seriously.

back to saturn x e3 FUCKING WHEN AAAAAAAAA

1 > 64 > 4 > 2 > Final > 3

>don't even need to aim in boom

LMAO anyone defending this old shit must be physically handicapped or some shit

Its a resesrch installation on mars that accidently summons demon. This is the story to doom 1, doom 3, and doom 4. Doom 2 and doom 5 are both when the demons come to earth

haha d44m = bad am I rite fellow channers? zoomy zoom zoom? boomy? based for the win! based based zoom zoom

Doom 2.
People still make mods and play Doom 2 online.

2 > 64 > 1 > 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

Doom 1 has better pacing. I think having multiple Episodes was a better approach since you can reach a climax with the level of challenge faster. Doom 2 just takes to long to get to the good parts and has too many filler levels that aren't particularly interesting.

When tf we getting doom 64 on switch? Was going to play it on pc but its too much bullshit

>don't even need to aim
Doom being doom.

>Doom 2 just takes to long to get to the good parts
But Doom 2 starts strong and goes to shit after Dead Simple.

you do know doom 1, 2 and 64 have a way more aggressive auto-aim, right?

I mean challenge wise, the early levels are good but not that challenging and it takes quite a while to get to genuinely hard stuff.

>Happy Time Circus 2 crashes on modern version of GZDoom

It sucks, I really like that WAD's gimmick of a deserted town being slowly merged with an evil clown dimension

you never set foot on mars, you only visit phobos, deimos and hell.

The new Doom is not bad, in my opinion;
But my problem is with people saying that ID Software was successful in bringing the "essence" DOOM into modern games. That shit doesn't make any sense.
In fact, the new Doom has some maps from the original, so it's even easier for brainlets to realize that they are two games that are totally incompatible in every way. Seeing Doom 2016 gameplay on classic Doom maps is a pain and that in itself makes it clear that none of the old games are present in the new version. Nothing.

>doom 4 is for zoomers durrrr
>OLD GOOD NEW BAD
Stop. If youre gonna include 3 in there you might as well include 4.

I cannot fucking wait to get into this franchise. How do I play 64?

I thought it was longer than that?

Doom 2 is definitely better but the lack of episodes makes pistol starting essential (it's dumb to have SSG for 95% of the game)

Sure Doom 2 has some mediocre levels but overall the increased enemy variety makes for a more fun game. It's not like Doom 1 didn't have mediocre levels either (Mount Erebus is literally Sandy at his worst).

3 really does suck dick. Id rather play quake 4

Doom64EX
You should start with the originals, tho. GZDoom works wonders, and the WADs are easy to find.

>How do I play 64?
look up Doom 64 EX

I haven't played Nu-DOOM but BRUTAL DOOM > DOOM 2 > DOOM > DOOM 3

the most based comment right here

>Nothing
>same demons
>same weapons
>same level design philosophy (open levels with large enemy encounters mixed with downtime for exploration to search keys and secrets)
>but the enemies have new patterns which wouldn't work in the old games
user, just admit you don't like change and go back to your WADs

Here you go.
Some stuff I recommend you play:
>A.L.T.
>Somewhere In Time
>Mars War
>Doom 404

Attached: SO YOU WANT TO PLAY SOME FUCKING DOOM.png (1543x6892, 1.67M)

Should I go blind into Ultra Violence, or play on Hurt me Plenty?
Does UV only increase enemy count or does it give them more HP as well?

2 has five shit levels for every one shit level in 1.

thinking Doom 4 is better than Doom 2 isn't based at all, in fact it's very cringe

Only number of enemies

Doom 1 is basically a perfect game
Doom 2 is a hacked together cashgrab with questionable level design, but it's at least evened out by great new enemies and the super shotgun
Doom 3 is a mediocre tech demo

>(it's dumb to have SSG for 95% of the game)
Not when there's so many fucking enemies. Some of those enemy spawns are borderline slaughterwads and I'd start to get bored mowing down pinkies and cacos. It's like mowing the world's goriest lawn.

I think I'm the only person alive that doesn't like Doom 2. The level design is fucking garbage

Doom 2016 > Doom 64 > Doom > Doom 3 > Doom 2

This

If you read the thread you'll realize a bunch of anons dont like 2's level design, me included although I still enjoy the game overall.

awful taste kys

Not the same enemies, not the same weapons, not the same level design philosophy. You're making up a bunch of shit that makes no sense.
They are games that explore different ideas, that emphasize different things, that have extremely different controls. To say they have the same essence because the devs called some monsters "Imp" is idiotic.

I get that you refuse to see it user, or perhaps you're too obtuse to see it, don't worry, I won't keep replying to you, have fun with games that you can still enjoy.

Fuck you, I liked Doom 3.

Doom 3 is fine.
Although I may rank some games higher than.others I generally enjoy the whole doom franchise a lot.

I appreciate Doom 3, but I don't like playing it.

this one was the best you fuckin plebs

Attached: Kitchensofdoom.jpg (939x691, 453K)

>>same weapons
except that they function completely different
just because two games have shotguns doesn't mean those weapons are the same
>shotgun in doom
>can snipe enemies
>mainstay weapon for all ranges

>shotgun in nudoom
>basically a melee weapon
>needs upgrades to not be shit

>Kitchens The Swedish Chef's of Doom
Huh?

Has a lot of problems.
>shotgun spread means it's worthless without being in melee range
>levels are largely just linear and tiny
>base game relies on spawning in enemies slowly, making you use the pistols and chainsaw constantly to conserve ammo and otherwise tortuously prolonging every encounter to make up for technological restraints
>bfg just shits ammo at you and doesn't change encounters to compensate
>stamina meter that recharges at a snail's pace
>soul cube/roe's artifact are "fuck you I win" buttons
>difficulty just changes enemy damage
>peaks in Hell, but keeps you there for all of 20 minutes before just spitting you back out
>cyberdemon is just killing mooks and throwing the soul cube at him: the fight
It's fine, though. People compare it to Half Life, but I liked it more than Half Life.
Let's not pretend it holds a candle to the other games, though.

Doom > Doom 2016 > Doom 2 > Doom 3.
Haven't played 64 but whatever.
Also only shithead contrarians actually think Doom 2016 was bad. At the very least it was a decent installment, at the most it was a really great return to form for Doom, and it seems to be only getting better with Eternal.

No, good taste. Doom 2 introduced the best monsters and Doom 4 is everything I like about Doom turned up to 11.

I think Doom 4 was a decent game, a great game even, and it's still the worse in the series except for Doom 3.

I don't mind that, I can easily see why someone would think that when presented with Classic Doom, or at least Doom 1 because seriously, Doom 2's levels fucking suck.
I just don't like when people say Doom 4 was just straight up a bad game, because you basically got the best case scenario for a franchise revival. You got fun as hell gameplay, a fun story, cool as shit characters and enemies. Sure, there were some missteps with the arena shit, but overall, you guys have got it really good, and Doom 2016 is the reason why Doom isn't rotting in the dust right now.
t. depressed F-Zero fag.

Attached: 1561762088367.gif (2997x2000, 2.74M)

2 mods>1>3>2 stand alone.
2 is awful with most maps having garbage layouts and cheap enemy placements. That said its modding support and community practically saves it and more, so it's hard placing it.

>Doom 2 > Doom 4 > Doom 64
64 has better level design than both 2 and 4.

Attached: 1537054197813.png (720x542, 478K)

Agree

1/64>4>3>2

>in late game vs early game

Attached: 1551291956629.jpg (288x252, 24K)

fair enough

Pretty sure that's the first hell level of nudoom which is like early midgame

>So he is on Mars, right?
No, you start at Phobos (one of Mars' moons)

>Is there any reason why.
Doomguy punched his superior for ordering him to shoot civilians.

>And why are there demons / people that look infected?
Possessed soldiers.

>I suck cock

>I don't understand the argument and I can only deal in extremes
Bow out of the discussion, autist

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:202D9EA973FE7603C60AC9F5A15DB0A13DDC14CC&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=Doom%20Mod%20Collection%20(Ultimate%20Doom%2C%20Doom%20II%3A%20Hell%20on%20Earth)%20%5BP%5D%20%5BRUS%20%2B%20ENG%5D%20(1993-2019)%20%5BMod%5D

Yes that's how cherry picking works but the .webm for Doom 2016 is only the 6th level out of 13 so it's not even half way through the game.

13 levels? In a game that's 6 hours long?
Those must drag on. I still think the typical "megawad" 32-level structure is 11 levels too much.

D3 is obviously the worst, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=lmS6qMKcsz0

Attached: 14959010600971.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

10/10
10/10
7/10

Doom - 10
Doom II - 9.0
Plutonia - 9.5
TNT - 9.0
Doom 3 - 6.5
Maximum Doom - 11

>pretends to circle jump
What a fucking gay webm, nudoom sucks man.

Attached: 1564100478482.jpg (400x533, 104K)

Why is Yea Forums so hostile towards anyone who thinks lightly of NuDoom.

doom > II > 2016 > shit > 3

Plutonia>>>>>>Dogshit >>>>>>>Doom 3

>shitting on Doom 2016 when Doom 3 is right fucking there.

If you're going to troll, at least don't make it so damn obvious.

Replaying Doom 3 at this very moment. Demons are fine but god fucking damn it I fucking hate the shotgunners and machine gunners in this game.

Doom 4 is the best doom. In doom 1 and 2 you dont even have to aim and 3 is a slow piece of shit. Time to stop being a 19 year old hipster and accept the truth

For my dumbass rating because I love classy Doom:
Doom=Doom2=Final Doom
NuDoom and Doom 3 are entirely their own entities. I got more milage out of Doom 3 though, real easy to mod and configure and I loved the atmosphere.
I also keep forgetting about Doom 64, need to finish that someday.

Attached: 6F44E254-27A3-4C75-8577-DE09EC382231.jpg (686x1024, 165K)

Agree, without having played Doom64

Fuck that controller

Nobody ranking 64 high bothered playing it on the actual 64, user.

>Doom 64
>That low
No user it is (you) who should go fuck yourself

Attached: doke.png (507x511, 730K)

Yea Forums being Yea Forums

Old Doom looks more enjoyable. I don't care about "dude look how skilled and cool I look" bullshit.

OH NO NO NO NO BROS WE GOT BTFO --AGAIN!!! IT KEEPS HAPPENING

I think Doom 1 is kind of unfocused
The good parts are great and the gameplay is perfect but the level design doesn't know what the game's strengths are
I want to shoot shit, not navigate mazes looking for keys

Tab to view map, head towards the grey or unfinished bit, tab to unview map.

I had this view on my first playthrough, too, but it's really poor communication by the game on how easy the map makes level navigation more than any actual maze-like design.

Doom > Doom 2016 > Doom 2 and 3 doesn't even count.

Hipster and nostalgia babies.

Doom 2 [as a base for other wads] > Doom 1 > doom 4 > doom 2 > Doom 3

I hate how we have gotten to a point where we just kinda accept that a 2 second clip can prove a point. Fuck you.

DOOM 2 > DOOM 4 > DOOM 1 > DOOM 3

its already in the right order

WHAT THE FUCK IS HITTING ME

Because le rip and tear brootal xd fags are annoying

Look there, over the cornice. A Chaingunner!

DOOM 2>DOOM 4>PLUTONIA>DOOM 1>DOOM 3>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>TNT.

Attached: ae983dd69a1157ab7f7342a6037b38f10d652402_full.jpg (200x200, 9K)

>Game deviates from formula
>FUCKING CASUALISED BULLSHIT WANTING THE CASUAL AUDIENCE
>Game is faithful to original
>LE EPIC XD IRONIC SHITPOST BECAUSE I CAN'T GENUINELY LIKE SOMETHING ON LE EPIC 4CHINS AND CAN'T ADMIT WHEN A MODERN DEVELOPER DOES SOMETHING WELL OLD GOOD NEW BAD
Can't you just let yourself enjoy something for once in your life?

>Plutonia so high
>Plutonia before Doom 1

Attached: SEVERAL.jpg (803x913, 60K)

Plutonia is doom 2 on roids. Doom 2 is already better then 1 with good level design more enemies and a new weapon
Plutonia bumps it one step higher for having really well designed level.
BUT THOSE CHAINGUNNERS.

Attached: IMG_20190730_115623.jpg (1180x646, 370K)

Project Brutality > Doom 16 > Doom 3 >>>>>> Doom 1&2.

op btfo

incel opinion

>Keyboard only
Why would you not use a mouse on the game that was designed to play with a mouse from the very beginning?

3 > 1 > 2

People that refuse to judge Doom 3 based on its own merits and keep bringing "IT DOESN'T PLAY LIKE THE OTHER GAMES THEREFORE BAD" should honestly neck themselves.

1 > 64 > 2 > 4 > 3

>playing through the first doom
>Picture from the imp corridor on Tricks and Traps from DOOM II
Okay, iPhone poster...

>Plutonia bumps it one step higher for having really well designed level
>Plutonia
>well designed levels
>2 textures per entire mappack
>copypasted symmetrical arenas
>just spam 20 chaingunners/revenants/archviles and call it monster placement lmao
>well designed levels
The absolute state of boomers.

>people pretending to be upset a console version of a shooter isn't rated higher

>a 90s console with terrible gimped controls

>a seriously delayed port that no one cared about that literally came out months before quake 2

>90s nostalgia

>objectively the worst generation of 3D gaming

>"I liked it because I was 4 and didn't know better"

>"I was too poor to have a PC"

Top guffaw chaps

Attached: No.jpg (1024x736, 42K)

Aww poor baby game to hard on your little fee fee's you want me to spoon feed you god mode.

NuDoom > Doom 2 sourceport > Doom sourceport > Doom 3 > Doom 2 > Shit > Doom

fuck playing in a 1:1 screen ration at 35fps with zero fucking sensible controls, Doom is unplayable without a revamped port of some kind. Doom 2 is only moderately more playable.

>it's difficult therefore it gets a pass for shitty art design, shitty level design, lack of enemy variety, lack of creativity and repetitiveness
Retards like you is why every second custom was is a shitty slaughterfest with zero effort put into it.

May I point out that OG Doomguy killed DEMONS regular old pistols, shotguns, and chainsaws?

Doom with mods > Doom 2016 > Doom 64 > Doom 2 vanilla > Doom vanilla > DOOM SPACE 3

Keep in mind they are all very good games. Yes even Doom 3.

BFG edition because it has all 3.

Thinking the N64 controller is shit is one of the marks of a clueless zoomer

>Doom with mods
Which mods? If you say brutal doom I'm shooting.

Doom 1: 0/10
Doom 2: 0/10
Doom 3: 6/10

Seriously tho, as much as I liked 1 & 2 decades ago I can't stand playing them now, mad props to those still capable of, I don't know how you do it

Brutal Doom isn't better than Doom
Brutal Doom is fun, but it's braindead fun for a few minutes killing demons in spectacular ways
Vanilla is a much more smooth game that flows so much better, no breaks to glory kill or get brutality bonuses, just run and shoot seamlessly

It's fine, but Doom 64 controls pretty awkwardly. Pretty much just King's Field controls with worse acceleration.

That's true about the default controls but you can change them

We ever gonna get ports of Wolfenstein 3D and Return to Wolfenstein?

Final Doom: TNT Evilution > Doom 64 > Doom > Doom 2 > Master Levels for Doom 2 > Doom 2016 > The Ultimate Doom: Thy Flesh Consumed > Sigil > Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil > Final Doom: The Plutonia Experiment > Doom 3

Is Evilution that good? I'll have to give Final Doom a try. Never got around to it.

Brutal Doom > DOOM > Shit > rest of the old unplayable piece of crap

Doom 2016 > Plutonia Experiment > Doom 1 > Thy Flesh Consumed > Doom 2 > Doom 64 > Doom 3. Doom 64 isn't bad, the atmosphere just really throws me off badly with the ambient and grim artstyle. Would prefer to play Quake instead.

Retard

Just the typical Yea Forums contrarianism, as always. Go back to the first announcement threads in the archives and notice how after the intial thread or two of backlash everybody was genuinely excited. Now we're close to release, so it's back to shitposting any potential discussion into oblivion.