Literally better than every Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest

>Literally better than every Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest
>Gets ported once, while every installment of FF and DQ gets a full motherfucking remastering.

But no, really: Fuck Sega.

Attached: dc_skiesofacadia_front.jpg (420x360, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sUmyddg9T-A
youtube.com/watch?v=0lVgL3Wq0x4
youtube.com/watch?v=bO7Rq7QUmEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PvqqlOVf5yk
youtube.com/watch?v=_2SPVf_zaDA
youtube.com/watch?v=cXhxpUApCf8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QKh02k5NFUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yet Legend of Dragoon get no HD remaster and its the best FF knock off ever made.

Sega is absolute trash and will only break your heart and crush your dreams

>Quest 64
>perhaps the greatest single player rpg ever made
>only on N64

Legend of dragoon is really bad, user. Skies of arcadia is legitimately good, if not as good as OP says it is.

just play it on dolphin it looks fantastic
theyd only fuck up a remaster after this long anyways

How does the gamecube version compare to the dreamcast version?

>play it on dolphin
>with worse quality soundtrack
No.

Compressed audio killed it for me, but a new recurring side questline features a bounty hunter named Piastol. Pretty sure that's the only new content

Dreamcast version doesn't have best girl.

Attached: Piastol.jpg (900x1200, 481K)

>best girl
That's Belleza

Sega is shit, refuses to make anything other than Sonic, won't port their DC games to current consoles, won't make any sequels, ports games no one want also whoring out Sonic into anything hoping to make a profit back.

Nostalgia goggles. Skies has horrendous pacing issues, largely due to its elemental system.

Goddamn I fucking love this game.

They changed the music for the worse

I think you mean Bellena

Attached: GEAE8P-15.png (1748x1080, 1.54M)

The combat's more of a mess than standard jrpg fare but the world is very fun to explore
>Tfw having to sit through DELTA SHIELD the whole game before realizing you could skip the animation

Attached: 1448387971506.jpg (590x550, 34K)

Jokes aside, Quest 64 had a lot of potential and some of it got realized in the GBC port. That port plays fine and it was better then the N64 version.

not to mention the shit encounter rate even with white map

It's better for it to remind hidden, the current state of the video game industry would only destroy it with an unnecessary sequel or a remake with DLC/microtransacction shenanigans, play it again or emulate it, remember and enjoy what a great game it is and go on with your life.

It has new discoveries, new items, new bounties, a lot of goodies really, it's absolutely an improvement even if you have to sacrifice audio quality (not like a lot of people notice it anyways)

>dreamcast has better music
>gamecube has more shit, like enough to make it the better pick, but shit music

man, really hard call....

uh oh, one the the gerudo escaped from the gamecube spaceworld 2001 FINAL build of the zelda game that we should have gotten but was shit out called Twilight Princess.

Honestly, SoA is worth remaking just to see all the QoL stuff they'd implement. As it is the game's a complete 180 from Phantasy Star IV which was heavily streamlined.

It's not like I don't get your point, but I just have no confidence in the actual state of Sega, or the industry as a whole, they would just buttfuck it one way or another sadly.

Attached: D86IknxU8AAtHDr.jpg orig.jpg (776x852, 116K)

I wish more games would use sky ships and sky islands as a setting.

She was a Belleza to me. More the uncensored version

GC: youtube.com/watch?v=sUmyddg9T-A
DC: youtube.com/watch?v=0lVgL3Wq0x4

How dare you say people wont notice

Which is why this needs a HD version with the content of GC and ost of the DC.

Literally finished this yesterday. What a fucking wholesome adventure. I hope they never try to remaster/remake it since they'll just fuck it up.

Attached: SoA1.jpg (540x405, 23K)

How come DC music didn't get patched into GC version? Modders just doesn't care for this game?

you're absolutely wrong but it is a great game in its own right and highly overlooked. I really liked the rotating characters and the ship battles. I always liked the fat old pirate guy, Dragma or something.

Drachma, and yes. It's an underrated game, I wouldn't say better than every DQ/FF in the series but it's pretty high up there when it comes to JRPGS. Only thing dragging it down is the damn random battle rate, which even in the dumbed down GC version it was still fucking horrible.

How does this compare to Grandia, tonally? The lighthearted tone of grandia made it one of the most refreshing jrpgs I've ever played and one of my favorites.

Always wanted to try this game

Was looking for that based boss theme, and holy fuck.. what they did with GC version, not complete but fucking hell
youtube.com/watch?v=bO7Rq7QUmEQ
Now hear how good this is
youtube.com/watch?v=PvqqlOVf5yk
every time it reached the "opportunity" part it was one of the most satisfying things ever

They do. I once read in a forum someone working on that, but didnt managed to do it. He did some hard mode version though

Fairly light in tone. Some epic shit might happen, but the MC is 100% confidence and can-do attitude. I would describe the game as an epic, heartening, adventurous romp.

>Guilty Gear is back
>Soulcalibur is back
>King of Fighters is back
>Samurai goddamn Showdown is back
>Virtua Fighter is still deader than Etika

But no, really: Fuck Sega

Attached: Akira.jpg (633x720, 164K)

Skies is pretty lighthearted. Just as much as Grandia really, nothing gets too dark or anything even the lowest points have some level of hope in it.

>No new fighters were announced during E3
>Sony is sponsoring EVO
>They have an announcement to make at EVO
It's a long shot but there's still a chance, user.

Drachma. Gilder was also great, his fucking ship was stylish as hell

>play the DC version
>that area before the sandland where you meet Bellena
>DC going "TKKKKKKKRRRRRRRRKSSSSSSSSSH KKKKKKKKKRRSSH" every 5 seconds

Only played Grandia 2, but that game was far from lighthearted[Melfice laughing intensifies]. SoA is lighthearted with lovable characters, despite that Ramirez guy being edgy faggot.

Vyse is definitely one of the best mc I played as. Every mc usually feels down at some point, but that bastard makes the worse case scenarios not so bad and works around them.

The problem is that Yu Suzuki isnt with Sega anymore. Dont know if he can or will work back if Sega asks, but a VF without Yu will never be a VF

He's arguably the best MC a JPRG ever had.

Attached: vyse.jpg (1920x1080, 715K)

so is it bad enough I should go find a dreamcast to play it on?

Legend of Dragoon is not the niche sleeper hit that everyone thinks it is. Why do fuck do people keep saying it's good? It's a bad mix of Paper Mario with Final Fantasy elements.

I played through the whole game. It's fine but it's pretty unremarkable. It's just one anime cliche after another.

I thought the music was the same it was just at an oddly low bitrate compared to the DC version?

>No sequel where you get to explore space/the moons with even more discoveries and mysterious lands, and they implement the improved airship combat they didn't have time for in the original

Attached: 1515581117869.png (500x377, 329K)

He's kinda like a proto-Yuri Lowell. He's got that typical shounen main character flavor but with a healthy dash of maturity and wit, combined with a ton of charisma.

It's rare that a JRPG protagonist is genuinely one of the best characters in it. Especially in a game like SoA where even the minor characters are memorable.

>just one anime cliche after another

Name another JRPG with a White male-Black female couple.

Attached: 19-011.jpg (568x432, 67K)

Aika is my vidya-waifu

Attached: SoA3.jpg (800x598, 160K)

Final Fantasy XII.

>discoveries reveal more possible plot for future games
>Sega doesnt touch this franchise anymore
Why. It was clear they had more world building in mind

He didn't work on 5 at all.

Absolutely awesome game and my favorite Gamecube game of all time. Only bad thing was the random encounter rate. Exploring and reading all of the logs for the interesting things you found, ship battles with secret monsters, etc, was all absolutely kino.

I'm surprised to hear that the GC audio is worse than the DC version. I didn't play the original on the DC, but the music is still pretty good in the GC version imo.

Attached: big niceu handu.jpg (1013x1066, 47K)

What's the best way to play Skies of Arcadia?
Modded Wii U with a GC controller?

An updated remake with enemies you gotta run into instead of as random encounters like the new DQ could fix that

Attached: 1486685729042.jpg (568x432, 71K)

DQ11 sucks because of that feature.

What if it was backed by Nintendo

this right here is the NUMBER ONE game that deserves a modern rendition

Attached: Littlejack.jpg (440x200, 22K)

Dont' blame Sega. Did you buy a copy of it on Dreamcast or the Gamecube? You probably didn't. Blame yourself.
Legend of dragoon is embarrassingly awful.
The audio is garbage.
It has a tiny handful of added trinkets that add nothing to the overall experience.

It's literally one of the most kino settings but it's so underused.

Attached: Laputa Castle in the Sky - Anime Wallpaper 02.jpg (1600x900, 315K)

you can make every party member the same element and blast through a magic tree with 4x points

Hope yall know Japanese

Attached: skies of shitty localization.jpg (2223x324, 214K)

>running from battle even once in the game

kill them all, user.

It helps that he's super competent. Bastard was stranded on a deserted sky island and he was off that bitch in like a month.
Aika is absolutly best girl. Especially since her design is a homage to a great character

Attached: Aika the later years.jpg (1334x720, 117K)

I really hoped that after the Valkyria cameo they'd do something, but nope.

Oh really? I liked the feature in the last dq I played

I just replayed the Gamecube version in the winter. I’m playing the newest DW right now. It’s actually amazing how much Skies got right even modern games just don’t.

But it isn’t better than Xenogears.

So Ramirez was legit homo for Galcian in the jap version?

honestly i think a slider you can change would be better and a much easier fix

How much did Vigaro assault her in the jap version?

Some people really like their music, user, like, it's a legit gamebreaker if the quality is shit, or there are tracks missing.

Sega is fucking retarded and full of assholes. Remember how Phantasy star was a standard JRPG series like FF. Then they decided to that online shit but never made a normal Phantasy Star again. They flushed the shining series down the toilet as well for basically no reason.

Skies of Arcadia would greatly benefit from a remaster maybe changing the encounter rate a bit though.

Like to change your encounter rate? That seems wrong to me.

He undid her scarecrow hair and tightened her glove. Then he made her step on a rake.

I love Aika so much.

Yeah it's so painfully underused and I can't figure out why. It provides so much possibility and flexibility for any type of story. Things like this are some of my absolute favorites.

Attached: 1552446217884.jpg (700x560, 92K)

It’s pretty important. I have to play DQXI with the fucking volume down because of the repetitious music

Ok but seriously

well the game already has that with the black and white map

>maybe changing the encounter rate a bit though.
That's literally what the GC version did though.

For real though, why HAVEN'T they ever ported it? They've ported pretty much every other Dreamcast game worth a shit.

Sega doesn't really do that to be honest

Honestly flying ships and islands in general is one of my favourite aesthetics. I remember there was a show on tv when I was a kid called Skyland that had was great for that

Attached: The-Centurion1.jpg (887x1000, 485K)

>we will never get a game like skies of arcadia ever again
it hurts
yeah FF past X sucks balls and DQXI goes to shit in the third act

Do you enjoy high encounter rates?

the CRRRNK-HIRRRNK-CRRRNK-WRRRNK every time a battle was about to start is like a wave of nostalgia

>The lighthearted tone of grandia made it one of the most refreshing jrpgs I've ever played
Then I daresay you'll like this game for the same reason.

>played dc version until i got to a mountain area
>i was decently far
>try to use a cheat disc to avoid the bullshit random encounters
>this cheat disc also happens to have a habit of destroying your fucking vmu
>my skies of arcadia save was completely lost couldnt even use vmu tool to get it back
>my mvc2 save from my childhood also got wiped

I was so fucking pissed and heartbroken. I never played this game again. Everytime I force myself to boot up the game I end up hitting the continue option in vain and then turning off the dreamcast.

Attached: sadcat.jpg (800x450, 50K)

Fuck this
I wnater Panzer Dragoon !

That's what you get, you fucking cheater. Suffer like you deserve.

PSO1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Classic Phantasy star

Attached: 1562560215227.jpg (500x461, 67K)

I played Valkyria Chronicles and was shocked to discover three of the characters came from a different game- Skies of Arcadia!

After that, I really want to try this game. Fortunately for me I have a Dreamcast.

>1 is getting a remake
>Even Zwei that literally never got ported to anything is getting one
Really we just need Orta to leave Xbox hell and Saga.

>I have never even laid eyes upon the English script
気持ち良すぎる(๑´ڡ`๑)

You're going to get better music but a worse everything else. I'd suggest getting a rom and playing on dolphin

Not user, but I'll spit on your grave for talking bad about LoD

I-I'm sorry!

Attached: rq80ylp988531.jpg (300x300, 10K)

I unironically love Quest 64, but I don't think I would ever go so far as to call it good.

Attached: Quest64.jpg (380x262, 27K)

I see. Any suggestion on where to grab it?

There is something comfy at the most basic, primitive level about Quest 64. It is also a horrible game designed solely to attempt to convince idiots that the N64 could compete with the PlayStation on RPGs.

I still agree with you.

I'm just going to drop this here. If you like Skies, you'll appreciate this.
youtube.com/watch?v=_2SPVf_zaDA

Attached: Skies of Arcadia OST.jpg (800x600, 141K)

>You probably didn't.
I probably didn't have sex with your mother. I did buy Skies of Arcadia.

Sorry bud I grabbed mine back when emupradise was up. I don't know the current rom situation

he's shirtless when he's with aika in the valua prison scene in the jap version but is still fully clothed in the localized version i think.

not him but using this
youtube.com/watch?v=cXhxpUApCf8
you can still download from emuparadise.

The first time I played through the game, I spent a shitload of time in the second town. Dondero, or something like that. It was a decently big town that I'm pretty sure started with the letter D, and there was a dark forest not far with a giant thief boss at the end or something along those lines. I would run all around town doing nothing at all. I'd run all over the castle and whatnot. I would grind outside town on those rabbits and wolves for days on end.
When I played it again much later in life, I remembered there being a big grind there, and I was astonished that I was able to breeze right through in one go with no level grinding at all.
I did a similar thing with Kokiri forest in OoT. I would do fuck all nothing for hours on end. Now it takes me all of ten minutes, dungeon not included, to do everything in that area.

vimm
Oh thanks. I knew there was a way to still do it, but I didn't know how.

Do you guys remember the first time you saw harpoon cannon? It amazed me as a kid.

>Fire Harpoon Cannon for the first time
>foes fall before me
>Get Delphinus
>Fire Moonstone Cannon for the first time
>pic related

Attached: 1489375320029.gif (500x281, 685K)

While fucking gutting everything else. Legends is ass.

Aside from the drop in musical quality, what did they gut? Isn't it an all around upgrade save for the music?

other than the little VMU minigame which for obvious reasons is not on the gamecube version, nothing else was cut, and there are new side quests and boss fights as well as a reduced encounter rate (it's still too high for some people though).

>other than the little VMU minigame
Ha! I forgot about that. I used to play it during high school.
My save is long gone, but my friend that I sold all my dreamcast gear to (my dreamcast itself broke, and he's a vintage collector) showed me that my VMU still has the skies of arcadia logo as its default screen image even after he wiped the memory.

for me watching the battles sold me on the game, i remember watching the gameplay when the game first came out and thinking how cool lambda burst was and how perfect the effects were

and the music too

I'm not gonna fucking beg for VF6 to be a thing just so it can be terrible and absolutely bite off the very mechanics and mentality behind them it went without. I'd rather we have nothing than a chance at something terrible.

100 percent not as good as your hyping it to be. there is a reason people care enough for dragon quest and ff, they pioneered the genre and do it the best

You guys might like Rogue Galaxy. It's kind of a spiritual successor to SoA. There's more dungeon crawling and it's a bit more "anime" in contents but it's still a good game. Good music too.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QKh02k5NFUQ

so why didn't anyone mod the better soundtrack into the gc version yet

based pooposter

>sega ports almost every game in their library to newer systems and pc
>jet set radio future and skies of arcadia still stuck on dead consoles