I wish they'd bundle this up and release it on Steam like they did with G.U...

I wish they'd bundle this up and release it on Steam like they did with G.U. I only got the first two games on the ps2 and never managed to complete the collection.

Attached: hack cover.jpg (314x445, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qhWE0ksrtL4
youtube.com/watch?v=5yxmvwhDpto
mediafire.com/file/1zwcf0ko8lt5jqq/fragment_client_v08.13.iso.7z/file
youtube.com/watch?v=RRrORQx3QDI
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZqMR8i2RuA
youtube.com/watch?v=psM_2GJTzW0
youtube.com/watch?v=qr5OnhvCf20
youtube.com/watch?v=YDL42e52jPo
youtube.com/watch?v=niadkzpxFAw
youtube.com/watch?v=qBGp0VCHR6o
youtube.com/watch?v=PeS0TZDDMzI
thedeepweeb.wordpress.com/2017/05/02/hack-another-birth-light-novel-download/
coolrom.com.au/roms/ps2/d/
mangadex.org/title/7757/hack-g-u
falions.net/works/sora.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9d8tDfI201I
firesanctuary.com
imgur.com/a/GrSL0EB
youtube.com/watch?v=jDxslhfDsUk
youtube.com/watch?v=UQk45QOP_po
youtube.com/watch?v=na3ttxrdzR8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because these games aren't that good

When has that ever stopped an HD re-release?

Huge .hack// fanboy, but this user is right. IMOQ were very mediocre games even when they came out nowadays they are unplayable. It would need a major system rework to be viable.

>Steam
>not GOG
Oof.

Is this the thread?

Attached: alkaid.png (756x992, 789K)

>Best girl.

I like your taste user.

Attached: 1186883896337.png (300x300, 6K)

I used to watch xplay on tech tv back in the day, and every time they reviewed one of these games they had a long running joke about these games being bad. adam and morgan would dress up and play these characters and just shit all over the games.

a reminder that the tech used in the first game and even GU is below first gen Rift status.

Attached: hack GU 1.jpg (3840x2160, 758K)

Attached: hack GU 1.5.jpg (3840x2160, 594K)

Can other girls even compete?

Attached: alk_.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

They cant.

Attached: 1186901068127.jpg (300x350, 44K)

why is humiliation so fucking hot.

Is .hack worth getting into? I saw like 8 episodes of Sign and thought it was cool

Yes, but less so anymore as it looks like the series is fully dead.

You either love it or hate it, there's no in-between. .

Attached: 1564378435733.jpg (814x995, 600K)

>I wish they'd bundle this up and release it on Steam
Yuck, at least make it Epic Games so I don't have to give it to the nigger kike Gabe. I would prefer GoG out of all of it.

I love the gameplay personally but I can't call it objectively good in 2019. G.U. got away with it, IMOQ wouldn't.
It would be nice though, if for no other reason than slashing prices of the originals. G.U. went from $60-80 dollars apiece to like $30-$60.
It emulates well from what I hear though OP.
Idk, look up gameplay videos, seriously consider if it'd be your thing. We've turned a couple of people from these threads, but it isn't often. I imagine the people who like or tolerate IMOQ's gameplay are the type of people who can still play Phantasy Star Online.
Can always give G.U. a shot too, just try not to let some of the anime-ness or Gaspard turn you off right away.

Attached: 1554364127060.gif (91x129, 4K)

If it's jank I'm fine with that, my 3rd favourite game is Evergrace after all. I'm just wondering if all the anime and games as a whole is worth diving into

Last thread was comfy as fuck.

Attached: image.jpg (617x119, 13K)

Are they not? I've been meaning to check the franchise out.

Yeah. I went to bed way too late because of it tho. Almost didn't make it to work in time today.

Attached: 1564378017697.png (640x328, 207K)

I really wish it would get a re-release. My girlfriend is offering to gift me Quarantine so I can complete the collection but no PS2 game should be in the triple digits.

It's a love it or hate it kind of deal.
I personally adore the original four games that kick started the franchise because they emulate that old school MMO feel almost perfectly. GU on the other hand eh, not so much, it lost most of that magic but I still like GU regardless, the combat in GU is somewhat better than IMOQ. I'd say give it a shot and try to emulate them if you can before buying any of the games or just emulate them and stick with that lol

>My girlfriend is offering to gift me Quarantine
She's a keeper. Marry her you dumb bastard.

Those two always had shit taste in games.

wtf when was this
In that case, IMOQ is very much like the aesthetic of SIGN. The gameplay is like the episodes and the flavor and aesthetic are like the opening theme. So if that sounds like your kind of thing, you'll probably enjoy it. GU is kind of different but made way better if you have the background of the anime and earlier games.

The cool thing about the series is each entry's story is self-contained but has major implications on the over-arching plot, both obvious and not. Some connections you can make by finding the one relevant piece of information and some you have to make on your own without it outright telling you.
So, some people just enjoy the media for its own sake, but others really get into the whole mystery behind it too.

Attached: 1534372585481.jpg (500x750, 115K)

Do you ever think about alcoholism as a legitimate coping mechanism? I'm giving it some thought.

This is Ohm Rice, bringing you daily cynicism.

Attached: 1439345800301.jpg (1280x1421, 307K)

>wtf when was this
Literally last night

>wtf when was this
yesterday
it was possibly the comfiest thread I've ever seen

Attached: Forever_in_love_atoli_01.png (320x320, 176K)

HEY, IT'S BUTT RICE

At some point probably

>Feel stressed
>Start drinking
>Feel good
>Get sober
>Feel bad
>Start drinking
It's not good

It's Ohm Rice you scoundrel.

Attached: the accursed nose.png (1436x1080, 2.04M)

I wish you'd get trapped in a car accident and burn to death, you dumb fucking shit stain.

>probably
She's fat isn't it

Rude

t. scalper

>really wanted to get into these games back in the day
>play through 1, 2 and 3 to completion
>start 4
>drop it instantly

Why the fuck did I do that?

I WANNA FUCK

These were some of my favorite rpgs when I was growing up.
I’m fortunate to have all 4 of them; picked up pt4 at a local game crazy for 10 dollars. I will never forget it.

An intense amount of exposition and the fact that the last hub town being a shithole kind of ruins all the atmosphere the earlier games had. Also losing Data Drain until you finish the game hurts since you realize how long you've been using it and miss when it can trivialize a fight even further.
A CAKE

Attached: I want to protect that smile.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

>yfw gay ending in last recode

I'm still fighting over whether I should get Last Recode since the last thing I need is a remaster of a game series I already have the 3 games for and same with IMOQ and a still functioning PS2.

Hey butt rice, I don't think alcohol is the solution to your problems.

>not Best Wishes

Your name is butt rice, I doubt you give much thought to ANYTHING.

I love Mistral!

Attached: Mistral.jpg (436x315, 38K)

Buy Last Recode off Steam, do not buy the PS4 version unless you're fine with them dumbing down the difficulty. PC version has a difficulty mod that fixes the problem entirely.

imoq are great but once you try fragment its hard to go back
same game but with button shortcuts for skills/items/orders and menus don't pause the game

if we did get a hd version i hope they make that version the standard, but maybe have the menu pause being optional

Attached: 1176299229315.jpg (826x1327, 437K)

The base games were never difficult and that was never the point for me at that point. Hell the only truly hard fights are the Skeith fight in Infection and the final Cubia fight where you end up having the destroy the bracelet to get him off your ass.

I love Mia!

Attached: image.jpg (604x479, 41K)

Is this the new down syndrome general?

Buy Last Recode to increase our chances of getting a sequel. I already did my part.

Attached: 1564376747132.jpg (1920x1080, 370K)

Reposting from last thread

Attached: 4246D70D-D55E-4332-84ED-EB35682AD64F.jpg (1430x1050, 207K)

Imagine if they were too lazy to fully remake IMOQ and instead gave it the HD remaster treatment, they make it so that all four games include Fragment's menu shortcut system so that people don't have to pause every few seconds during battles. Would that be a good compromise?

Didn't know Balmung was such a pervert.

I do enjoy all the sight gags in GIFT, and I wish the final Liminality disc actually had more payoff with Bith the Black.

2 questions about dot hack
-in the first series i'd frequently finish random dungeons that already had the final floor statue loot taken. did the games save every one you cleared ever or was a it a small list where the older entries got their loot back again?

-do the japanese versions of infection and onwards come with the anime dvds? im wondering if they also had the secret menus or if those were made up entirely for the english release. basically the secret info isn't considered canon but it gave purpose to each of the 8 phases.

Attached: Skeith.png (751x580, 710K)

Needs the new marriage/friend event with Ovan.

>JUK ROM
>....
>......
>UH

Attached: Elkface.png (654x654, 582K)

>imoq with fragment's shortcuts and no menu pause
yeah its all anyone wants really. it might even be possible to bring the code over from fragment

Attached: 1165720509926.jpg (1114x1600, 507K)

I love how she literally tongue fucks Elk after having a staring contest with Tsukasa

Think we can get to 700 this time?

The Liminality episodes come with each game.
Episode one comes with Infection, Episode 2 comes with Mutation, 3 with Outbreak and 4 with Quarantine. Watch each episode after beating the game that came with it because the events of Liminality happen at the same time as each game is happening.

What's your favorite OST?
youtu.be/qhWE0ksrtL4

Attached: AURA_.jpg (1200x1200, 595K)

We can try.

Thread doesn't seem be as hyper active as the last one.

This is real

Attached: Screenshot_20190729-020709_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 573K)

COME WITH ME IN THE TWILLLIIIIIGHT

Last thread started pretty slow too.

>unplayable
Just say you don’t like it user. Unplayable means you can’t play it, not that you don’t like the graphics or the gameplay anymore. That shitty opinion always gets parroted by graphics whores and the FPS spergs.

fireden?

Give it time
>mfw .hack becomes real if we can get to 700

Attached: kek__god_of_memes___no_background__by_mransatsuken_dd18qsn-pre.png (746x1072, 963K)

youtube.com/watch?v=5yxmvwhDpto

Attached: image.jpg (1024x574, 101K)

HARK! HE OF FAIR EYES!

Attached: Piros.jpg (1200x1200, 583K)

>tfw keep getting the itch to buy and play IMOQ games physically
>autism kicks in at the thought of never buying Quarantine due to the massive price spike (rest are $15-30, Quarantine is $150 low end)
>just resign from the thought

Attached: excuse me.jpg (480x480, 19K)

I should probably finish PC GU one day.

Niggas if we get this to 700 I will rename myself after whatever .hack character hits a 5 in response.

bite the bullet and stop being a bitch
I did the same for Solatorobo and Tail Concerto too

Attached: Alicia.png (804x746, 550K)

I wish I had gotten into the series early on, now if I want to own physical copies of IMOQ and GU I'd have to fork over 200 dollars or more. Shit sucks and this CAPTCHA is even worse, FUCK

name it Mia's tits

Are those any good?

>when you can finally be any character and any class but you pick purple kite

Attached: kite.jpg (1920x1080, 504K)

GU is actually easy to obtain since the HD collection is a thing and even if you wanted vintage, the PS2 copies tanked in pricing (like $20 each complete from what I can gleam).
Quarantine is literally the only one you're gonna have a problem with

How? Cheats?

All those games had going for them were the OST and the setting, which was kinda original at the time.

The gameplay was atrocious and repetitive.

So I remember there being a NPC in GU who was basically a fake gamer girl, like the ones you see today on twitch and shit and by the end of the series she owns a guild filled with her beta orbiters. I want to know if something like that can happen in real life and why?

legit through fragment character creation

The original .hack is a creepypasta
I WAS PLAYING GAME AND FRIEND WAS SHOWING ME THE ROPES BUT THEN WHEN WE WERE GONNA LEAVE A DUNGEON WE WENT TO AN AREA WITH GLITCHED GRAPHICS AND THERE WAS A GHOST GIRL AND A STONE DEMON MY FRIEND GOT A BOOK FROM GHOST AND THE DEMON KILLED HIM AND HIS BODY WAS TORN APART INTO HYPER REALISTIC PIXELS. I WOKE UP AND SOME GIRL WAS YELLING AT ME AND MY FRIEND WAS NOW IN A COMA THEN MY CLOTHES WERE RED, WITH BLOOD.

They're nice little games, but not challenging - you can probably knock them out in a day or two. Probably not worth whatever ridiculous price people are charging for them these days.

I like them
Tail Concerto is a cute MML style platformer and Solatorobo is a decent action game with a good story
Both have pretty shallow gameplay though

Attached: stare maybe.png (599x434, 523K)

Did any of you read .hack//Another Birth?

Attached: hack another birth.jpg (336x499, 30K)

The prarie field combat and aqua capital town music. So good.

I started playing GU today, never touched the series and I'm enjoying quite a bit.
Leaving the thread before spoilers, hopefully see you in the next thread 3 years from now.

Fragment? Some new shit?

Have fun. Play the first 4 too.

Roots was great, Sluggish Heart is probably my favorite track. I'd post it but Ali Project won't let me.

Nah how is it? I only have the Legend of the Twlight and XXXX manga.

Well if you've seen roots to completion you already know what's coming in some way.

This is a good alternative for anyone who doesn't want to play the first four games and there's also a book from Kite's perspective that's being translated at a snail's pace.

Do you know Tri-Edge?

>Why yes, I do prefer Terajima Ryoko over Blackrose

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

Re-played through the original 4 last year, this year I'm doing G.U. Last Recode. Was it always this easy? Holy shit the improved combat is meaningless when I never have to give a shit about anything and just spam attacks. I don't have to worry about gear, items, anything.

.hack//Fragment
Online only .hack game that was short lived but was brought back by fans.

Attached: image.jpg (1600x900, 396K)

>Legend of the Twlight
>the non canon one is the only one secondaries know
Why is this

Before you go, one tip: do NOT grind. The game is extremely easy as it is and being overleveled is the worst thing you can do.

in japan imoq got a bonus game called fragment thats just the normal game without story, but you can select any class/model and they have new colors too. think of it as the actual mmo version of the game with netplay, but you can also play it online

Yeah, it also had its own epitaph fragment exclusive to it Mia says to Blackrose. Gives semi canon party choices like saying who accompanied her and Kite to some dungeons and added more to Black Rose real life in Tennis club I think.

>relatively unique tribal-steampunk setting with awesome lore
>areas and concepts drawn out already
>loads of classes
>one of a kind keyword system
>still no actual MMO or co-op RPG
What the fuck CC2? I feel like they're sitting on a golden concept here.

It pretty good, way better than what I expected actually. Also this .

Attached: rose.jpg (1600x1200, 399K)

apparently Last Recode nerfed the difficulty from the PS2 trilogy versions

I doubt they have the resources to support something like that

Where's that one user who said he was modding IMOQ into having the phases roam around in the fields? You need to get on that shit dude.

I mean they had resources to make Fragment which was basically an online version IMOQ

They'd rather keep making naruto games over and over again.

>not Gardenia
Shame on you.

also im uploading fragment to this thread if anyone is bored and wants to emulate it
is v08.13 the final translated version?

They're making like three games centered on revenge and I think they're also making that new Dragon Ball Z game. They've got their hands full.

Who did people like most from each sub series?
>Sign: Between either Tsukasa or Mimiru, Bear closely followed.
>Liminality: Tokuoka
>IMOQ: Gardenia or Piros
>Roots: Sakisaka
>GU: Endrance
Fuck everything after that.

No clue m8

where is buttrice?

Yes, Shino was best GU girl. I played those games specifically to see her after watching Roots.

I DID IT FOR HER

Attached: 30c789bdac9d817245ba00ebdb6da079.jpg (1390x2000, 252K)

Is it worth watching a playthrough where I skip the gameplay sections for just the story?
I really like the art and the story sounds really cool

how can you not like Elk but like Endrance the best

>Sign
Sora
>IMOQ
Gardenia and Moonstone and Natsume
>Roots
Phyllo
>GU
Matsu

i got to the 3rd disc in gu and stopped playing because of forced enemy encounters

You missed legend of the twilight

Attached: retarb.gif (232x297, 105K)

>forced
What? Just run past them, you don't have to fight every trash mob you see.

do you guys ever get salty sword art online ran with the same idea?
even with all the dot hack games and animes we had, its really not relevant anymore

Attached: 1217886924277.png (1280x720, 654K)

IMOQ is complete jank but has a decent gameplay loop and the environments are comfy and fun, yes, even the creepier ones
It's the one game where I accept the story>gameplay bullshit.
It was a giant murder mystery decorated with dinky, bottom-of-the-barrel graphics and shitty pixelated dungeons with disgusting things ecking out "Bloody Egg!" From all around you
And I'd take it again in a heartbeat, no improvements needed, besides the obvious of it being shipped in a single game/disc/cartridge
I'd buy a digital only IMOQ for 20 bucks
And a cheap .hack//Versus for 10
Fuck, Bamco. Just do it

He looks pretty good for a 20 year old malnourished NEET

Attached: Kaoru Ichinose Elk Endrance offline.png (278x536, 96K)

If your post game party in Redemption wasn't Shino and Tabby then get out of my face. Twilight Brigade represent!

You're right: Silver Knight in that one anime episode.

I actually hate all "stuck in an MMORPG" shows that aren't .hack

I appreciate flaming homo over cuckboy Elk (but I do wanna poke their butt button still).

game is very playable. just very stiff and slow. like most rpgs of the day.

>Sign: Silver Knight and Crim interactions
>Liminality: Bith because he's probably someone high up in CC Corp with how he handled their escape during the final OVA.
>IMOQ: Terajima and Blackrose (older girls both wanting the Kite cock had me going)
>Roots: Philo
>GU: Haseo's whole character arc, but if not MCs, then Kuhn since he's Sieg from IMOQ and one of the first coma victims

>Sign
Lady Subaru, followed by BT
>GU
Shino
>IMOQ
Blackrose
>Roots
Shino, followed by Tabby. Sakisaka was a fucking bro though
>GU
Shino. She was the whole reason I played those games.
I haven't touched liminality
Did I mention I liked Shino?

Special mention:
>Legend of Twilight Bracelet
Wolf tits.

Attached: 82247ba245595c3d565b40a1814a1e64.png (544x600, 34K)

I get salty knowing I watched SaO before knowing what .hack even was
Fuck Kirito, Kite and Elk are my fucking boys

Attached: Kite.(.Hack).full.225160.jpg (1067x1600, 261K)

Are there a lot of them? The only other one I can think of is Log Horizon.

Yes, I'm furious every time I think on it especially knowing there is a SAO game .hack characters cameo in from what I heard.

>cuckboy Elk
nigger what, Elk may be wimpy but he would do anything for Mia
and he tanks a Data Drain for Kite

Attached: elk and mia 2.jpg (400x400, 37K)

There's an item that allows you to walk past monsters without triggering an encounter. You can get it by completing some bike quests if I'm not mistaken.

Attached: aina.jpg (600x340, 47K)

Based and OBANpilled

Man, Sakisaka just wanted to play some games but kept getting ditched

I only know of SAO and Log Horizon but I know there's more out there.

He'll take a data drain while Kite's bracelet deep in Mia's tuft o'fur

Do you know what they changed? And also... why?

There's plenty of Light Novels that have that kind of idea, though many just drop the MMO world and have it go full Isekai and just cheat and steal MMO cliches and ideas to make their mind bendingly dumb OP MC

>Haseo orbits the first girl to talk to him in game for months
You can tell the writers actually played mmos

Kuhn is such an idiot for fucking up his relationship with his girlfriend who was the main character of Liminality, she busted her fucking ass trying to get him out of his coma.

I don't recall them actually being -stuck- in The World all that often, no? I feel like that's what made things more serious. They made a conscious decision to play a game that might coma them to bring back their friends and figure out what the fuck was going on.

He killed millions.

Attached: 58cd37be9a6957fe3aa76402f37d6d35.image.500x426.jpg (500x426, 72K)

and then after playing a single game Atoli he calls her fucking retarded and makes her cry like a little bitch
probably made a couple more scars on her arm too lol

Well he still thinks The World R2 is his first MMO since he forgot he was Sora in the first The World.

Only Tsukasa was stuck right

Got the harem ending tho

I'd kill millions for Aina.

>idiot
Putting it mildly.

Guys how do I get an emotionally needy suicidal mmo gf?

Not counting bullshit that happens in later media or people that are knocked out in comas without any interaction (or the mess of AI Sora) yes, and that worked well.

>not causing a third network crisis for your little sister

There was a brief period in the first GU game where people are temporarily stuck in the game.

but then he wont be able to see that nice bracelet

Attached: Miaodd.jpg (439x320, 68K)

Kite has such a good design.
Even Edgy Kite looks good.

Attached: image.jpg (2000x2621, 515K)

mediafire.com/file/1zwcf0ko8lt5jqq/fragment_client_v08.13.iso.7z/file
a later version of the fragment translation

Attached: that imageA.png (853x912, 1.2M)

Cause it's a less gay naruto for people that hate foot fags.

>going around in MMOs asking people if they knew Tri-Edge

Attached: Pachirisu.jpg (557x605, 182K)

Endrance > Bo > all the rest.

Based .hacker

I like Azure Kite's design slightly more
my only issue with it is that it isnt actually Kite

Attached: azure knights.jpg (576x460, 47K)

Fan servers still up/stable?

>Sadamoto before every girl became genderbent Shinji
A damn shame. He makes some pretty bad noodle people sometimes too.

There are still people hosting servers for when others wanna play.

From last thread, Bandai has made SAO and Narushit games instead of new, good, .hack games. Yes I am mad. Unironically I want to learn to code just so I could make my own game.

I can only find this shot of Azure Kite by himself in a crappy resolution and small size but yeah, his design might be slightly better than the real Kite.

Attached: image.jpg (271x429, 31K)

Overlord is one. Its unironically a villain power fantasy.Fuck yes.

I spent most of my time in towns and trading with NPC players.

On PS2 GU anyone mess with codebreaker or Action Replay codes to play as other characters instead of Haseo?

Fuck why didnt I think of that?

I love the ending shot in Rebirth's opening
youtube.com/watch?v=RRrORQx3QDI
at 1:58

I remember watching that part and thinking that was them waking the real Kite up, and him and Haseo would start fucking shit up together

Attached: azure kite.jpg (750x1360, 96K)

Built GU 1 up really well, shame it's entirely buildup.

Did that definitive version ever come out?

Would the real Kite have assraped both Sakaki and Ovan?

The codes should work if that's what you're worried about. I've seen a video of someone playing as Azure Kite with Azure Orca and Azure Balmung as his party members in the arena.

I bet a lot of people thought Azure Kite was the real Kite when the saw trailers for the game at the time of its release.

Which one? Last Recode is like a definitive remaster of the GU games and it comes with a short fourth volume to play called Reconnection.

Kite would have no trouble with Sakaki or Aida-possessed Sakaki. He would hold his own against Ovan until he uses Corbenik. Fuck, that would be cool to see. Imagine a regular player fighting the big ass avatars.

How well does IMOQ emulate on PCSX2?

This design is actually pretty rad.

Pretty well.

Attached: image.jpg (1600x900, 211K)

very well even on weak hardware

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZqMR8i2RuA

Very well. One of the advantages of the game is being low tech, hi immersion and story.

.hack//Fragment character creation.
youtube.com/watch?v=psM_2GJTzW0

Would the Twilight Bracelet be able to handle an Avatar?

.hack//Fragment gameplay.
youtube.com/watch?v=qr5OnhvCf20

Would think so probably need to weaken to data drain. Maybe Kite gets his own like Azure Flame God.

It should. Kite would have to protect break Corbenik which would be the hard part, data draining should work the same regardless.

Being stuck to only email and forums had its charm but I wish there was interaction with stuff in the real world like with Megaman Battle Network.

How would that work? What could the player do outside of the game?

What determines a PC getting an Avatar?
Did you have to previously be exposed to the wave in R:1?
If so how did the data carry over after the fire?

Gear towards investigation like with Tokuoka going all over the place in Liminality. Maybe socialize with people to get new keywords and use as excuse to build on character development in some cases.

As far as I know personality attributes are a factor, but seemed to definitely be helpful with there was previous involvement with Morgana. Skeith and Sora/Haseo, Magus and Kuhn/Sieg, Yata/Wiseman and Fidtchell, Endrance/Elk Macha

I think for most of the epitaph users, their avatars simply found them. For Haseo, it was his connection with Skeith from back when he was Sora that led Skeith to him and for Pi, her character already had Tarvos inside because her brother somehow put Tarvos inside it.

and whatever small fragment of Macha/Mia's sentience found Elk/Endrance and became one with him

Are the games worth playing if I've already read another birth?
I have both the games and the books, but never got past the second game.

Yes. All the adaptations are abridged compared to the games, and they have a ton of great moments. Also an amazing soundtrack.

If you want to see stuff happen and not just read about it in pages then yeah, I think it's worth it.

youtube.com/watch?v=YDL42e52jPo
Still makes me a little sad

>Sign
Mimiru
>IMOQ
Blackrose
>GU
Alkaid
>Roots
Philo

How did people like Shino? She had almost no personality besides being a cold bitch that Haseo tried to chase. She's one of the very few characters I just found nothing likable about.

Shino is the perfect representation of a woman in real life.

Why didnt they remake IMOQ using Versus models, they already had Kite, Blackrose and Tsukasa done and they looked great.
seeing Tokio is pissing me off

Remember when you beat IMOQ and you get Helba, Tsukasa, Subaru and Sora (though latter 3 are AI I think). Though it made me need to grind a bit I was pretty happy to have them there.

She wasn't cold she was distant to him because she wasn't sure how much she could trust him with Ovan being gone. Read between the lines retard. Not all anime characters are immediately in love with the MC from the get go.

I never understood what the fuck the deal was with the twintail chick who dresses like Kite. I never got this game since I didn't have a PS3. I don't even like fighters so I guess I didn't miss much, but it bugged me missing something for .hack.

She's from Quantum. It's an OVA

Getting Helba was based as fuck.

Helba was broken as all fuck.

I miss when .hack didn't get ruined by shitty autism spinoffs

Welcome to anime.

She's from the movie. Reminder Emma never died and played Harald like a fiddle so he would create the first full-fledged AI that basically became the goddess of the Internet and made sure things ran perfectly for years until she got bored with it all.

>that spoiler
That makes me mad.

Attached: image.jpg (449x518, 83K)

Best song.
youtube.com/watch?v=niadkzpxFAw

Bump

I like fighting [Spoiler]Ovan[/Spoiler] at the end of GU Vol 2 to Silly Go Round purposefully low level to keep the fight going. Feels the most appropriate.

I love her so much bros

Attached: 2e2lu7.jpg (600x800, 359K)

Alright you fags convinced me.
Emulating IMOQ right now hope I have a good time!

Watch SIGN and liminality along with it for the best experience if you care about plot. Hope you enjoy.

Have fun user.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

She get her comeuppance?

Low level playthrough of GU is the only way to play

Too bad she gets AIDA'd at the end of vol 1. Smile worth protecting

Attached: 98286ff137323afccca2f73578d13372.png (1000x971, 719K)

that mac anu town town music

Attached: 54B59591-994D-4934-968B-6CD9B125B50B.jpg (780x848, 63K)

I wanna protect this QT

Attached: 4adb9a0d96fdebe924554d3bcde8abeb.jpg (642x895, 208K)

I like to think that spoiler isn't canon since it's revealed after the GU games were released and that's when the series went to shit.

4Koma was cool. Kite beating Bordeaux with his pinkie was my favorite.

Attached: 4koma.jpg (219x320, 25K)

>tfw there will never be another MMO that felt like .hack

ragnarok and pso may have been the closest. god i miss those days

Tsukasa is NOT for lewd!
I've actually never seen porn of this franchise and I would like to keep it that way.

4Koma is worth a read simply for Kite bullying Haseo and being an all around passive aggressive asshole.

Why did Aura abandon The World?

Yes. The .hack LNs were the first LNs i ever read

>I've actually never seen porn
I can safely say there is not enough porn of Mia

youtube.com/watch?v=qBGp0VCHR6o

She knew Riot Gun was the superior game.

Riot Gun spinoff when

Found the Aura porn and decided to leave after she deleted it all.

I want it to star white haired amnesiac Sakaki to follow the pattern of minor antagonist goes hero (Sora = Haseo)

This is canon.

just buy them off ebay it's not that hard to find them retard

cardgame spinoff when

Really?

Future fit Gaspard can be the ultimate enemy rival. Protagonist will be Bo who gets cool card tips from Saku.

The card game in GU was surprisngly cool. Too bad all of the real .hack card games died almost immediately and never took off. It's cool how much extra shit the games had like that.

16 years ago.

Attached: pic1720480.jpg (212x300, 14K)

>What? Just run past them, you don't have to fight every trash mob you see.
Yeah...
>have to go through a dungeon with tiny as fuck corridors all the time
>can't run past them because they react like crazy
Shit pissed me off

I'd read em but I can't seem to find a download for em, and I can't afford to pay for shit right now.

Attached: 27945038_p0_master1200.jpg (666x600, 724K)

tfw collected almost every card for dirty cheap since only the Epidemic boxes and promos costed more than a few dollars years ago

Didn't bother with the GU one though

Lol no but it should be

They have sight lines, kinda like in Metal Gear. Simply sneak by them when they are not looking straight at you, start moving once their backs are turned so you don't get spotted and trigger a battle.

so would it be safe to ignore everything after The World R:2's era in .hack? It seems like after that nearly everything gets retconned into some weird enviromentalist tract.

Play Versus. Other than that anything else is going to be mediocre or shit. Quantum I have no big problem with but it didn't wipe the stain of Link.

that didn't stop G.U.

so how bad is link?

Buy a ps2 and utilize that magic
Catch my drift?

Here's a tiny list of .hack material that came after GU that are okay to look into if you're craving for more.
>.hack//versus
>.hack//4koma
>.hack//alcor
>.hack//GnU
>.hack//quantum
>G.U. Trilogy
>Beyond The World
Ignore .hack//link, it's what killed the franchise.

It starts promising with vibrant visuals and action gameplay putting aside visual limitations and story telling via visual novel stuff being a PSP game. It will quickly devolve into each and every single fight playing Tennis due to a mechanic where you and your single partner will throw an enemy back and forth at each other. Occasionally you'll get a cool boss but you will fight in the same dungeons over and over, not randomized mind you just the same places, maybe sometimes a different corridor is open but its always the same maps kind of like Dragon Age 2.
You will go through the entire plot of the series until then and then have the bullshit of people being trapped in the game, as in their actual bodies this time, not something like SIGN or GU Vol2 where consciousness is trapped it just goes full isekai. And at the end you fight EVIL AURA. To be fair this was a dropped plotpoint from Sign and there is time travel but this is a really stupid looking thing and its the final boss of .hack.
Do I think if they made this for the console and as such a different audience it could have been better? Maybe I don't know but it killed the series never mind it not getting a release here because no interest and late into the Wests' PSP lifespan. Putting aside my subjective pure hatred for it I do still say its bad and boring and I hated having to talk to people defending it on release.

>Aura
>evil

Attached: image.jpg (364x410, 82K)

Attached: Death_queen_aura.jpg (480x272, 25K)

From what i heard the protagonist is an annoying idiot and despite the crossover elements, everyone else acts out of character.

Do you think that guy in GU vol 4 letting it slip that CC is already working on the next version of The World, would possibly retcon the rest of that stuff?

I heard in the games parody mode even it mocks Links protagonist

What were they thinking?

They emulate very well.

Here is Haseo and Shino talking about Link and Haseo shitting on her for even bringing the idea of Link up.
youtube.com/watch?v=PeS0TZDDMzI

Quantum somehow takes place in the same version Link was in despite Link only being the Akeshic Records and you don't meet like any actual NPCs only AI memories or some shit. Can make a game in this or the movies settings. Things after Link as said aren't awful but they aren't really engaging.

Tokio is VERY retarded.

At first I hated the English dub because I play the .hack games with the Japanese audio, but holy fuck the english VA for Haseo saying all these shitty outdated phrases in the most retarded ways possible was pretty great.

Yuri Lowenthal had a lot fun doing that one.

Decent thread.

Endrance and Yata are handsome boys

Attached: dot hack GU cast.png (1130x1492, 2.64M)

How can a NEET be so handsome?

no fucking idea
especially when he almost never goes outside, and barely eats
and we he does it, he's a vegetarian

I bet his teeth are fucking rancid

The hardest fights in the original games weren't the bosses. It was the random encounters in the post game dungeon. Especially if you accidentally triggered two portals at once.

Any Advice on the GU games? I don't know who to give these spell scrolls to or ways to earn good amounts of money

The real question is why did Zefie "return to the wind".

give all your shit to Gaspard in the guild shop

Give all your healing scrolls to Atoli, she's your designated healer. Give your attack spells to her too if you want or you can give them to Gaspard since his class specializes in attack spells. Scrolls that enhance base stats are reserved for Haseo only. Sell all your worthless shit to Gaspard to earn money quick.

The World may never know...

The biggest downer in the terminal disc back when GU came out. Aura ran away so hard her daughter just offed herself.

Mother of the year amirite?

Jesus fuck that part made me rage.

I mean, look at her mom too.

if anyone's in this thread how do I get into this series?

only modern hardware (no PS2 emulation) plus softmodded PS3 but willing to go the distance

Attached: fe51382efe423bdcfaf07de707d381340447bc72c07986b36359dbac1b27e4a6.jpg (4875x6960, 2.38M)

Would it be good to have Haseo at least know repth? Or should I just give it to Gaspard?

PS3 has compatibility issues with a large majority of PS2 games. Luckily the first four games in the series can be played just fine but GU is unplayable.

Give Haseo Repth for when Atoli gets her shit kicked and can't heal or if she runs out of MP, ignore Gaspard because you'll be using Atoli A LOT.

Attached: image.jpg (817x446, 114K)

HOLY FUKIGN SHIT
there was a realy spooky creepypasta about this game back in the day, please tell me that you remember that kino writing

Attached: 1552099412187.png (692x765, 365K)

Do tell.

The entirety or just the games? I'd check out some of the anime to see if you like the world first. It doesn't feel like most other mmo series that are out there which are heavily "isekai" like. .hack as a franchise focuses more heavily on the mystery, character interactions, and the drama. The main character is less of a focus to the world building. It isn't easy to appreciate because a lot of stuff is just characters talking like most mmos

Reph guy here, but emulate the R1 games for now?

I'm so glad I got Last Recode when it was on sale for 15 during PSN's Summer Sale

Bought all four of them back in the day on a whim. It was a fun read. I liked how you got to see Black Rose's personal life and not just her perspective on what happened in game.

no I didn't, any place I can?

If you want to emulate then go right ahead, they work just fine when emulated.

thedeepweeb.wordpress.com/2017/05/02/hack-another-birth-light-novel-download/

I remember playing this game back in the day, loving the concept but thinking the gameplay was a bit too grindy for my taste. Also is Infection the first one in the series? I never got around to getting any others.

Four games, first is Infection, Mutation, Outbreak and finally Quarantine which everybody just refers to as IMOQ.

Thanks. I might try to emulate the games. I remember the first one being a bit barebones with the story, mostly just grinding through the world, but I'll give it another shot.

fuck yea a .hack thread. What are the chances of IMOQ coming out? I could have sworn they said if G.U did well enough they would, and everyone kept bugging them about it.

Only time will tell.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x905, 510K)

at least CC wants it

Attached: j876.png (504x786, 453K)

CC2 seem to want it so it's up to Bandai to decide

>IMOQ HD re-release
>bamco makes it $60 and jews the fuck out of everyone by making Liminality a bonus $20-30 dlc
I know they're going to do something like this.

Why won't Bandai give them the ok?

Attached: image.jpg (893x689, 101K)

Does hack have any decent following or is it more of a small but loyal following?

enough of a following to justify porting all the games

I need this game re-made, but with Xenoblade gameplay.

The writers hate Aura.

>Guys nobody would expect it if we made the cute innocent character at the center of the franchise evil!

>People talking about Zefie
>Nobody mentions her

Attached: Lycoris.png (185x211, 89K)

Never read .hack//AI buster, is it good?

My first .hack game is G.U. To this day I'm still finding a game that give me the same feeling, the same emotion like this game did.
Playing through the trilogy took me like 2 years, since I can only play during vacation and holiday. I still remember vividly hunting all the information, related things to .hack on the internet. Being in a 3rd world country with limited English skill and internet connection, trying to download manga, anime, music and all the ending video. Hell, I knew there are prequel game but the game shop didn't have them.
This thread made me nostalgic hard. The last .hack thing I remember minus .hack// last recode is the 3dcg movie with girl Kite. May as well download .hack//last recode just for the field theme.

It's okay. It mostly just tries to punch you in your feelings.

>there are actually people who want to play menu simulator 2002
Every single person who wants to play this game is heavily under the influence of nostalgia. The reason they remastered GU is because it is actually playable. The only way the original trilogy would be playable if if they overhauled the combat completely.

Anyone have a good watch order for the franchise?

.hack had a fun cardgame too.
Like the coma card where you could literally put your opp. in a coma and just beat the shit out of em.

Attached: Comaenemy.jpg (357x497, 86K)

>It mostly just tries to punch you in your feelings
Sounds perfect for a bitch like me then.

I'M GONNA PLAY IMOQ AND I'M GONNA FUCKING LIKE IT YA HEAR ME?

Sign > Infection > Liminality 1 > Mutation > Liminality 2 > Outbreak > Liminality 3 > Quarantine > Liminality 4

There are only so many "legit" copies of this game. As they get lost and broken and and end up in retro housefires because spergs need 20 consoles connected at one time there will be less and less.

It isn't "the resellers", it isn't "scalpers" its supply and demand. Come on man you went to high school.

The good news is, only autists care about the real copy, and you would have to be an idiot to buy games in the first place.

Here you go M Night Famalam.
coolrom.com.au/roms/ps2/d/

Buy a network adapter from Banggood and put all your PS2 isos on it. Or you can patch and burn the game. Or you could *shudder* emulate it, I suppose.

That's silly.

GU is the last bit of good, so at least you didn't suffer the fall.

I haven't slept at all because of this thread. I gotta keep it alive though, gotta reach 500

Attached: image.jpg (969x700, 296K)

>Bandai ports .hack series over to Steam
>announces that an actual online multiplayer release will also be coming to Steam
Would you play it?

In a heartbeat my man.

Attached: image.jpg (1513x1132, 695K)

only the anime's non-canon, the manga still is
The anime is disproportionately well known despite the fact it kinda sucks.

Do I need to watch the anime before I play GU? It's $25 on Amazon.

I already have GU installed.

Attached: 2b5399c.jpg (1080x1276, 184K)

>Sign
BT, Bear, Sora
>Liminality
Tokuoka
>IMOQ
Gardenia and Mistral
>Roots
Sakisaka
>GU
Silabus, he's an underrated bro despite the Canard shit

Attached: 1560284884132.jpg (555x786, 82K)

fUCK forgot about Tabby. Her too

Roots is legit ass. Don't watch it. You're fine with skipping it and going straight to GU

GUYS
WHAT IF
HASEO
WAS A GIRL

Attached: image.jpg (971x640, 117K)

Thanks user.

It sounds like the manga is pretty good, I am going to look into that.

>tfw 2D The World will never fucking ever come back
>tfw no one would play it if it did

Attached: 1552794019163.jpg (440x355, 47K)

They are very rough for today's standards for sure but I would still pay top dollar if they re-released them.
I was a big fan of the series and I only ever managed to get the first game, I wouldn't mind being able to finish the others.

There was a 2D The World?
More girly looking Haseo by the way.

Attached: image.jpg (1332x1076, 284K)

It would be shenmue but you can also go home and play the world

Attached: 1560297902261.jpg (240x240, 8K)

He basically already is.

And here I've had the whole collection tucked away in a box unused since I beat them at release. Had no idea it was worth that much

Thanatos Report is like the one good mainstream canon thing to come after GU

Something similar to Persona could work too, you go to school in the morning, talk to classmates about the game and maybe sneak into the computer lab and catch up on any rumors on the board and then you go home and stay logged in for the rest of the day.

So I bought Sora being a 10 year old little shit.
But little bitch Sakaki being 10 is some fucking bullshit.

Attached: 1535067886456.jpg (225x350, 42K)

If nothing else I fucking love Last Recode for the snappy menu in Crimson VS.

The ol' voice changer.

Doesn't that one reveal the feminist ecoterrorists which nobody liked? Also Thantos Report is the last thing canonically in the .hack timeline. Weird way to end the series with, especially with that stinger at the end which implied that the kid was going to be important in some way, might've been the next protagonist or something.

The environmentalist screed is a feminist one too? Jeez.

>Subaru
>Surprise lesbian ending

It's the fucking best.

Attached: __misono_mariko_and_shouji_an_hack_sign_and_etc_drawn_by_smolev__d96d22cde81bbf2e1b92562dd10bdca9.pn (1333x1000, 776K)

Question. Do I need to play the first series to understand or not miss anything in G.U?

How the fuck did they release 8 different games on the PS2 and then nothing outside of a few handheld and mobile games?

Opinions may wary but I think you kinda need to, but if you don't want to you can just watch a plot summary video that the game has in one of the menus. You should at least do that.

Would just playing GU without doing that spoil me on the first series?

If you buy Last Recode, it comes with a little something called the Terminal Disk. It's basically a way to help anyone new as to what happened in the first four games so you can watch the four reports that are essentially a recap and then start playing GU.

Mismanagement maybe?

Cyber Connect 2 said they were working on an unannounced VR game. What are our chances?

Good to know, thanks.

Well GU is a sequel so they would spoil you I guess. They are more connected than a post earlier made it out to be.
But if you plan on playing IMOQ at all, I suggest you play it before GU.

In short, I don't recommend you to play GU without either playing IMOQ or watching the recap from Last Recode.

I am glad there are men of taste in this thread as well.

Attached: _hack___atoli___dakimakura__1_2__by_quicksolver-d4qraq0.jpg (350x1260, 83K)

Sign gets better half way through. I don't know how you could like the first 8 episodes, though. The whole world revolves around a character that has 2 femtoseconds of screen time in the first half.

If memory recalls, the games were charming as hell, but the gameplay seemed to be stock grind-y JRPG.

>thread's still up
Good shit, lads.

It has to be .hack related. It only makes sense right? .hack and VR, it makes way too much sense for it not to be true. It is true right, user?

Attached: image.jpg (1024x416, 95K)

To be fair at least SAOs premise wasn't as fucking stupid.

In SAO they're actually using a highly-advanced virtual reality device.
In hack they are UNIRONICALLY just sitting in front of their fucking PCs and pretending they're in some sort of drama.

Not the same guy, I loved the anime but even I could admit that not much was happening for the better part of the first half. I think what captures those people who like it is the setting, the visuals, the general feel, and most importantly the music. It's unforgettable.
You kinda want to stick around to see if anything cool ever happens that lives up these things.

It's a Boruto game.

Attached: 1563370019909.gif (713x630, 942K)

Man the voice was the least of it
That's true, but it's usually lampshaded pretty well in Sign. They're like "well this is either concerning or bullshit" and "I have literally nothing better to do". Half the characters are adults/older teens who have some sense of responsibility towards Tsukasa and half are practically role-playing and getting involved for shits and giggles.
Maybe it's because internet rumors aren't what they used to be that it seems weird for people to get caught up in them?

I thought Dot Hack did a similar Brain-Computer-Interface VR headset kind of deal, though.

No it uses controllers. There are multiple references to the fact such as Atoli mentioning she had to get a one-handed controller after one of her hands stops working after her Epitaph is stolen.

Attached: dehy.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

>mfw

Attached: image.jpg (767x431, 69K)

It can still be a BCI deal even with external controllers. That actually exists currently but not as cool as it sounds. I mean, they've been called Neuro Goggles before so it's not a bad assumption. Although not all players use them.

Attached: vivebci.jpg (474x266, 17K)

HELLO Y'ALL NIGGAS
>tfw clover lurking because out
>see a rare .hack thread after ytd
>immediately head home to post
Missing G.U+ there buddy, mangadex.org/title/7757/hack-g-u
The plot is different than the actual trilogy, but it adapts quite faithfully otherwise
This being the first exposure to IRL G.U. cast holds a special place in my heart >tfw Atoli, irl, Chigusa has a legit case of codependency with Haseo's, Ryou
>those innuendos of Haseo with Ovan while Atoli getting cucked in the background
worth it

Attached: Plus-vol-1.jpg (361x500, 101K)

GU+ starts to get weird once that random OC shows up out of nowhere and steals Haseo's epitaph.

Imagine all the hacks games in PC

Attached: imagination.jpg (710x473, 105K)

I mean there's not a whole lot lol

Attached: image.jpg (1024x768, 150K)

Yeah the edgy villain OC is the worst part of it
It still gives us Haseo being precious and more conscious of other people though
And expanded into his irl self going into a full 'redemption' of actually connecting with people, it's sweet

Attached: x28.jpg (728x1156, 285K)

> IMOQ were very mediocre games even when they came out nowadays they are unplayable.
Well, that just wrong on so many levels. The games are still playable, and I still prefer them over G.U simple because the latter is a bottom-smasher snorefest, with zero depth; and they somehow made it worst with the HD release since they lowered the difficulty.

>"Eww, what this Sword Art Online clone?"
>"looks gay as shit"
>"THIS ISN'T HOW REAL 2020 MMO'S PLAY, THE FUCK IS THIS"
>"The fuck is a bbs? Why not just use your phone?"
Some things a better left dead.

How awful is Shino in GU+? People seem to hate that version of the character so I need to know how badly the ruined her character.

You can already play them all in PC.

Attached: pcsx2 2017-10-02 08-13-02-04.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

>Some things a better left dead.
and this is the reason we can't never have nice things

There's not much to ruin. She's barely a character to begin with.

She fulls-on states that she wants to chase after Ovan
Even after all the things Haseo did for her
The good thing is Haseo by that time has already grown out of his autism for Shino and casually lets her go
People say it ruined her character but i'd say it's just less feedback to Haseo's effort, meanwhile in the main game you have YASASHIKU KIMI WAA smile
Haseo's further growth alone makes it a worthwhile read

Attached: 109506--hack-g-u-vol-3-redemption-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1132, 217K)

The IMOQ manga did something similarly stupid and that was making Cubia into an actual character and his character design just didn't fit The World's aesthetic. They also gave Kite a unecessary power up form that made him look exactly like Azure Kite called Azure Flame God.

Reminder that some guy translated the whole Beyond the World manga:
>>falions.net/works/sora.html
And it is good. Although I still prefer the movie.

Attached: CuS9hP6UEAADTLv.jpg orig.jpg (1536x2048, 365K)

There's a manga? What the fuck? I gotta read that shit.

Some of the initial versions of Haseo's final design were very weird

Attached: img_5374-e1546074839949.jpg (2448x3264, 842K)

Yes, it is generally the same story, but it makes some changes, and adds scenes that connect to Thanatos Report.

Doesn't Ovan legit die in GU+ and the Ovan that Haseo sees is actually just an AI vagrant?

Attached: img_5375-e1546075501693.jpg (2448x3264, 824K)

Looks like a time wizard. Glad we got the design we did.

Attached: HackGU-3-1.jpg (2431x2258, 1009K)

Attached: img_5376.jpg (3264x2448, 1.44M)

Do you have the thread title?

Fuck the ingame opening trailers
The teaser ones still gives me goosebumps even today
youtube.com/watch?v=9d8tDfI201I
>that bit starting from 1:05
>IS IT DECIDED BY THE WHIM OF SOME GODDESS
I love IMOQ, but I absolutely love how the whole G.U's arc is about the players growing independent of Aura's influence and taking the whole situation into their own hands, which also ties to how IMOQ was basically intervened at every turn

I also love how Haseo's whole character arc was the most appropriate use of the shonen 'muh friendship' genre i've seen
>edgy fuck
>love interest dies in front of you
>blinded by revenge
>until eventually the system brings you back down
>find new 'acquaintances'
>over time treasure them just as much as your revenge
>just after those feelings take bud, a dear friend 'dies'
>unlike shonen these days this does not reset the character's development but instead takes it to a whole other level, ultimately ending in him sympathizing with Ovan
>mfw that anime-ass punch into Cubia's core

Attached: 1544482532830.jpg (1024x543, 74K)

Attached: img_5381.jpg (2112x3264, 1.53M)

Yes, Ovan's not an AI vagrant though, he states his consciousness is real over there in The World and will continue his 'research' over there

Attached: img_5373-e1546076040553.jpg (2447x3264, 747K)

>You can already play them all in PC.
but my computer is shit user

Lemme post the next one for you.

Attached: image.jpg (2285x3264, 1.36M)

Attached: img_5382.jpg (2285x3264, 1.44M)

Holy fuck that full edge mode. "Yeah my anime wings are COFFINS come at me bro"

Reminds me of Thanatos from P3

Attached: img_5384.jpg (2448x3264, 1.58M)

I actually like this look. It looks like he's using parts of Tarvos and Fidchell.

Also, I saved these from this site:
>>firesanctuary.com

Attached: img_5385.jpg (2448x3264, 1.59M)

The sword should have been thicker.

Different titles.

Attached: img_5396.jpg (3264x2448, 1.56M)

I like the Epitaphs as individual weapons concept but I doubt they could have pulled that off as well as they did the Gate of Ouroboros.
Kind of prefer just "Recode" to fit the naming scheme for the U.S. titles.

Attached: Img_arts.jpg (500x200, 48K)

Do you also have Omega Bst-Form?

The rest:
>>imgur.com/a/GrSL0EB
Nope, the artbook only covers Last Recode.

Attached: img_5386.jpg (3264x2448, 1.49M)

Wonder at what point they decided to go with the AIDA dots going 8 ways instead of the cross.

The wider broadsword almost looks like the one from The World log in screen from Infection.

Attached: image.jpg (500x375, 71K)

Attached: image.jpg (500x500, 91K)

Shino a cute.

Attached: Cp4D5PNUMAEveGJ.jpg orig.jpg (1536x2048, 364K)

.hack//slice of life

You meant this one I confused it with the movie version. It's not in the artbook. I saved pic related a long time ago, though, better than nothing, I guess.

Attached: DgHDhXfVQAYbDyf.jpg large.jpg (1108x1478, 339K)

Yeah, that's the one.

Kinda funny how nobody cares about Aura anymore. Maybe that's why she goes edgy in Link, nothing makes you feel worse than being abandoned and unwanted. Just ask her 'mother' Morganna, that's exactly why she turned out the way she did.

Fuck bros why won't Bandai let me have a remaster of IMOQ? It's not fair.

That's why i'm so baffled by the directions they chose to take the series with in Link
You've got a closure to the admin/goddess fiasco with G.U., it should be a new beginning centered around the players and maybe reunions, not going back to square one jesus christ

Attached: 1540133472966.jpg (416x468, 90K)

Bandai seems to hate .hack. They also have the SAO IP, which, let's face it, is more profitable.

Well Aura IS still a thing in GU, they probably felt they had to do something with her. They decided to capitalize on people not caring about her in GU to make her develop like Morganna did, which is a completely understandable development. They could have very easily had her take another stance on this issue as the responsible 'mother' who accepts them growing up instead, and most would have preferred that with who Aura has been in the series so far. Or several other possible paths. But they didn't, which makes people feel like they wasted their time in the original series even if it's understandable how Aura could feel that way.

Honestly speaking where could you possibly go after GU? Can't rely on Aura anymore because she fucked off to who knows where and because she wants everyone in The World to stop relying on her and to get shit done themselves.

Speaking of //Link, I played it a few months ago, and it's not as bad as many make it look. The gameplay is atrocious, so much so that I think it should have been an VN instead, but the story is still pure .hack, with its pros and cons.

Attached: D5zskIiUIAEVIcW.jpg orig.jpg (1334x2048, 474K)

>CC released a virus that puts everyone at risk, to sell an anti-virus.
I like Sophia's deign and Sora is one of my favorite character, but this is by far the dumbest plot in the whole series.

Attached: dot-Hack-Versus-Countdown-8.jpg (800x899, 241K)

What are your thoughts on Tokio?

It also gave them a monopoly on operating systems, didn't it?

Everything about him is annoying. He reminds me of Naruto, for some reason, I suppose because his personality is similar and so is his voice.

That's a shitty situation
I fucking hate SAO I wish it never happened

Pic related is delightful, though. The real protagonist of the game. I also liked Flugel.

Attached: __aika_hack_link_and_etc_drawn_by_hidaka_fuuro__50448005adbfd89243028c16ed7f0f45.jpg (800x800, 295K)

Yep, that's Tokio alright. Probably the worst .hack protagonist ever.

Link really fucked with Haseo's character development.

Yeah, SAO ruined everything. Not only doomed .hack, but it also popularized LN adaptations, that tend to be mediocre, and isekai shows that are a plague now.

Agreed
But what can anons do against such reckless faggotry?

Yes, I agree, but since it's a 'fake' version based on data saved on the Akashic Records, it doesn't bother me too much.

absolutely nothing

Why must this be?

Attached: 1484935426051.jpg (394x379, 51K)

I don't know user, I just don't know anymore.

Attached: image.jpg (801x656, 126K)

>The gameplay is atrocious.
>Link ain’t that bad :3

One day I'll have justice.
But not today

Attached: 1491798228973.gif (400x444, 2.04M)

GABI

If we ever get another .hack series, I hope there isn't another Kite-clone.

Attached: DkKsAo3WsAAcNMp.jpg orig.jpg (1024x951, 225K)

There will always be Kite clone in every era.

Two .hack threads with over 400 posts in a row. We back?

don't JOKE

Attached: 1560846455170.png (1266x671, 647K)

WE BACK

Attached: image.jpg (1200x1200, 276K)

I wouldn't mind if they adopted the color scheme like in //New World, but I really don't want another slightly altered version of Kite. There are enough of those.

Attached: C0HEdP5WIAAEMux.jpg orig.jpg (800x1131, 165K)

If a new .hack happens what character archetypes would you expect to see? E.g. a min-maxer

It's actually Sword Art Online VR

Attached: image.jpg (1440x1080, 199K)

Attached: CpGVV0LUMAAmyCY.jpg (800x800, 84K)

Bros I never finished Last Recode because I didn't want it to end. ;_; Why won't Bamco and CC2 put out more games?

CC2 wants to but Bandai won't let them

;_;

Attached: 43763454373465246_1_.jpg (1920x6476, 1.02M)

BAAAAAAAMCOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: JUST.png (112x112, 14K)

I want to see more players Naoo.

Kite is the Saber of the .hack franchise
Haseo is the Jeanne Alter of the .hack franchise

Attached: 1497362813411.jpg (1600x1200, 1.26M)

//Reconnection was one of the most depressing thing I have ever played. The game makes you feel the passing of time. I could hardly believe that it had been 10 years since I played G.U. for the first time.

Attached: 1515956906752.jpg (590x550, 34K)

I never got to play the series in japanese so I did this time around and the same for reconnection. I was definitely dreading the dub not for dub reasons just as that would be more nostalgic at least for GU since there was no dual audio. Will get to eventually.

I had the same feeling. It felt exactly like the closing chapter in a story and made me sad.

I actually have a HDD loader, I just wanna be able to own them physically because PS2 collecting warms my heart

Fuck me, I really need to proof read my shit before sending it, I also should go to bed. I've been up keeping this thread from dying.

Anyone got figures? I have Subaru and Mimiru, that blackrose figure, the Rena one that came with a small light novel thing, and the two series of capsule toys all bent and shit from where I bought them (need to like boil them in water one day to mess with), and the Haseo figure from Rebirth and the recent Last Recode one.

I don't but I think I'm gonna at least look to get Mimiru and Subaru soon.

Didn't the Haseo figure also come with a specially designed memory card?

p-please respond to this

Attached: ob20030827a.png (400x400, 24K)

I don't think you're gonna get an answer lad.

>ovan is 205cm tall
what the fuck

Attached: Atoli-and-Ovan-hack-gu-37762098-500-250.gif (500x250, 1023K)

A game based on 'Force Eras' when?

Attached: Cs5_y0pVUAQmr0o.jpg orig.jpg (1536x2048, 302K)

You did your part, right Yea Forums?

Attached: scr_-.png (1913x1042, 1.9M)

R:1 for life.

WHOLESOME
GU's cast was peak comfy, especially Canard guys, Moonlight and the post-game party members

He's an absolute unit ingame

Attached: 1497365597462.jpg (2590x1846, 708K)

I played it on PS4, I got the platinum trophy too, even though I usually don't give a fuck about that.

Attached: PS4.png (1630x254, 152K)

Skeith > the rest.

Attached: 124125125.jpg (3839x4319, 2.78M)

Piros is faking his faggotry right?
He's married man with a kid offline after all

Yeah he's top tier, I like Innis and Magus cause of how simplistic yet alien they look, designs start going downhill even more after that imo.

>even though I usually don't give a fuck about that
Me neither, .hack is the only game in my library with a 100% completion.

Attached: Mistral.jpg (1200x1200, 852K)

Macha has a good design too.

Attached: EAkC2dtUwAASCxP.jpg (1040x1477, 289K)

The World is the only place he can be his true self.

>that box art
fuck I remember playing this 52 years ago, where has the time gone...
better days my friends. better days

Macha is pretty good
even though Mia and cat Macha are better

>you were born too early to experience The World

Attached: 1562148489957.png (1302x973, 1.19M)

Implying Corbenik AKA a fucking bean isn't the best design

Attached: DmdbTbfUYAEtB8W.jpg orig.jpg (2000x1414, 502K)

Wait, didn't mean to quote

That //link design looks like pic related, which was, if I remember correctly, an early design for Haseo.

Attached: DI3Uo7vUIAAFkXX.jpg orig.jpg (548x700, 53K)

Whoever made this forgot to include prototype Haseo.

I can't believe another .hack thread is about to hit 500 posts.
youtube.com/watch?v=jDxslhfDsUk

It is from Makoto Miyoshi, who works at CC2 as a designer, I believe.

Attached: .hack Phases.jpg (5132x2384, 3.7M)

incredibly late and near-thread death here, but honestly while the story by itself is alright, that undermines the entire point of the MMO sim design of the games.

him and Yoann are fucking based

>98 unique posters
This is like every single .hackfag in the world.

Attached: hack_gu_conceptart_SyW9l.jpg (715x600, 125K)

>Limited .hack thread

HOLY FUCK NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THE DAY

Someone should tell him or her to redo it and add this Haseo to the chart and then it'll be perfect.

Attached: image.jpg (2541x3493, 2.67M)

>PKer characters are either ugly as fuck or a literal trap in that one guy's case
really makes me think

Attached: 1497466540689.jpg (5125x7344, 1.83M)

I love how the phases translates so well into Avatars in G.U.
They retain their characteristics, personalities and more
Design's fucking great

>bordeaux
>ugly
This is the gayest thing I've ever read.

Attached: my wife bordeaux.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

she looks like a Code Lyoko character with that fucking forehead

I love Skeith and Macha the most
Skeith is a more modernized design and Macha is essentially the remnants of Mia stitched into Macha

But Bordeaux is cute.

Attached: img_6664.jpg (2448x2462, 1.51M)

Attached: image.jpg (480x270, 41K)

shut up

Attached: Bordeauxgu.JPG.jpg (180x233, 15K)

I loved GU way more, but I would play these games as I never really did except for Infection. GU has some of my favorite designs and weapons. Dual guns and xth form. Oh yeah. Rengeki never gets old.

HANGEKI

Wait, it's not actually pronounced RENG GEKI???
>still got that one SHIIING sound in my head just before choosing which rengeki to do

Hangeki is for when you counter a rengeki in the arena battles.

1>3>4>2

Attached: Skieth.jpg (1920x4320, 2.12M)

A fitting song for a fitting end, wouldn't you agree?
youtube.com/watch?v=UQk45QOP_po

For me I gave up midway through 3 everytime. Tried like 3 times to get through the series as I really liked the concept and everything. Bought the anime too and only watched like 3 episodes. Silver lining that quarantine is worth like $200 now and I have a near mint copy sitting in my closet. I should sell it one of these days.

GHOST FALCON
ARMOR BREAK
REAPER'S DANCE
JUSTICE
JUDGMENT

Attached: 1469293414949.jpg (469x557, 33K)

ORE WA KOKO NI IRU

youtube.com/watch?v=na3ttxrdzR8
I literally have trouble choosing between jap dub or eng dub, both are way too good for its time
SO much soul for these shonen-ass shouting contest

Attached: 1499471127235.jpg (500x350, 29K)

2 threads back to back is a little too much for an almost dead series like us
give it time before another starts, people will flock naturally

>Endrance doesnt sound like a raspy gayboy
Fucking gay
But Kuhn sounds like a fucking man

I feel japanese dub has slightly more soul than the English dub, like when Ovan shoots Haseo with a data drain at point blank range and is sent flying, Haseo proceeds to scream out Ovan's name in a fucking rage, that shits amazing in Japanese.

We should take a break. I can't do another, as much as I love this.