JRPG is the WORST game genre

The majority of them have bad game design, I really mean that. They feel like a chore to play and can even feel completely automated at times. But oh, what's that? You play them for the story, you say? A lot of them fail in that regard too. It's rare that I play a JRPG that doesn't have terrible writing and boring characters. I can see why these games were popular in the mid 90s, but the industry has evolved so much since then and these games haven't.

I enjoy playing a large variety of games from different genres, but it's quite rare that I ever play a JRPG that I consider to be a good game. This is coming from someone who's a disgusting weeb.

Attached: NiaAndTheNoose.jpg (1200x1024, 148K)

t. small brain

Poopy taste homie.

Attached: totally not a tumblr .gif (218x233, 174K)

t.

Attached: 1536396813303.png (416x435, 99K)

Why is it WRPGfags & Doomfags who always make these threads? I never see Metroid fags making threads shitting on Castlevania for example

I disagree and you're gay.

Attached: 1560315978559.jpg (862x720, 100K)

zoom zoom zoom.

Attached: zoomer.png (434x327, 32K)

Based and Nia pilled

>Tfw used to love JRPGs
>Can't play them anymore because of the combat
Bros...

Superiority complex
Megami tensei games all have better combat than 99% of other jrpgs try them

Nia is the only thing I like about Xenoblade Chronicles 2

>haha I'm such a le weeb guize
No you're not, neck yourself.

Attached: 1554408775129.jpg (433x427, 86K)

>TFW never will hang myself.

True, anyone who self refers as a weeb is guaranteed to be a riajuu that probably donated to kyoanus

>me not like game type
>therefore nobody else allowed like game type
>all game must appeal to me or game not good
>impossible other people different like different thing

Thanks for the thread you smooth brained retard.

Attached: 1527543408605.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

BUT MUH ANIME BRUH
ANIME GIRLS BRUH
TSUNDERE ANIME GIRL
AND YANDERE ANIME GIRL
AND ANIME GIRL WITH TWO HUMAN EARS AND TWO ANIMAL EARS
IMAGINE PLAYING JRPG WHILE ALSO IMAGINING THAT YOU ARE HAVING SEX WITH ANIME GIRL
OR MAYBE EVEN BECOMING AN ANIME GIRL
DUDE IMAGINE IF YOU WERE A GIRL IN ANIME

Attached: 1522700107246.png (625x773, 127K)

I just had lots of fun playing my current favorite JRPG on my commute to work a few mins ago. Enjoyed the music, characters, gameplay and story.

Sorry OP, I didn't know your feelings before I enjoyed it.

Attached: 2019072914550600-0F0ECF0A8B61867338B0AF2CD93192B3.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

Attached: e0bc308b858f5e6229dd1d90dd9d6fa5.jpg (716x1000, 83K)

Sorry but the worst genre of games will permanently, for all time be Text and Point N Click Adventures

JRPGs aren't anime

I never said that no one was allowed to enjoy them. Hell, I've even enjoyed a few JRPGs myself. They're just the worst genre of games in my opinion, besides the shit that everyone agrees is awful.

Couldn't get past the sariens, huh, user?

Attached: 8323-6-space-quest-i-the-sarien.jpg (320x200, 15K)

>Play Myst
>Wow that was cool, this genre is great let's play the sequel
>Riven was fucking amazing
>Wow I hope other games in this genre live up to Riven
>They don't

That's pretty cool. I'll save that.

On every objective measure Point N Clicks are terribly designed.
Any game where you can permanently ruin your save file and have to start over from the beginning is a piece of fucking garbage. Point N Clicks are purposefully designed to be this way which makes them the most garbage genre.

If JRPGs aren't anime they why won't all the weebs fuck off to Yea Forums?

Xenoblade 2 has better gameplay than most gameplay focused games despite being a story driven JRPG.

Attached: tora.png (888x911, 646K)

As the OP, I have to agree actually. Although I don't mind something like I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream for its atmosphere and interesting story.

>Xenoblade 2 has better gameplay than most gameplay focused games
Not in a million years.

>Weebs
>JRPGs are anime
God can you fuck off to whatever normalfag hole you came from 16er?

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had prett shit gameplay, sorry. Don't know how many games you've played in your lifetime, but it must not be many.

What about adventure games that don't punish you for that stuff?

Attached: monkeyisland6.gif (640x400, 46K)

Being alive is hell. I don't care who distracts me from it. Slopes or burgers, just keep me from noticing the world.

On every objective measure you are a retard.

bait thread, as always
go back to twitter screencaps and ecelebs, at least those are funny

Keep sneething, tranny.

Attached: tumblr_nbg4jvMQUF1rado2wo1_400.gif (400x286, 1.1M)

>besides the shit that everyone agrees is awful.
I'm guessing the caveat here is that according to you that includes all JRPGs

JRPGs literally aren't anime though, I don't understand your claim

Yes they are

No. I mean games like mobile shit and whatnot. Not JRPGs.

>japanese non-interactive animated work of fiction with anime art style and every single anime trope
Literally anime.

Attached: CODrFscUcAARHzm.png large.png (1000x1500, 1.95M)

>Anime art style
>Anime trope
What the fuck does this even mean? Anime has tons of different art styles, not to mention JRPGs literally aren't anime.
JRPGs are a genre of video games

Attached: 1561474209540.jpg (646x646, 62K)

They're too insecure about the fact that they're waifu simulators aren't good games to ever ignore these

>anime art style
Hydrocephalus girls without big eyes and without lips and noses.
>anime tropes
Dogshit writing with cookie-cutter waifus and nothing else.

Attached: anime.gif (300x181, 1.21M)

>Hidamari Sketch looks the same as Kill la Kill
Oh you were a shitposting normalfag 16er, now fuck off

have you played the 3rd game? i got it at a library and was wondering if its worth playing.

Haven't finished it, but it's very pretty. The puzzles feel about Mysts level and it feels very similar to Myst as opposed to Riven. It's worth checking out but I wasn't really feeling it

I can't think of even one JRPG where there's a big romance plot. Other than FFVIII, that is

Post more minge

ok thanks for the blog retard

how about ffx and the op game (the romance plot sucks though)

I don't give a shit about the gameplay in JRPGs.
The truth is that if your game's writing makes me cringe, I'm not going to play it for long. I've started World of Final Fantasy, and as much as I think the game looks nice and the idea seems cool, the fucking writing makes me want to drop it.

Do Japs actually talk like this or is it just anime conventions?

>JRPG
>Anime
Why do normalfags keep doing this?

Didn't play either

>ching chond looks like ping pong
Is this even human language lmao? I already told you to fuck off to Yea Forums with your weeb shit, degenerate.

Attached: 1521434043391.jpg (200x210, 4K)

If Yea Forums is for video games, why are there constant political threads?

Either you are too stupid to understand or are being disingenuous.

Manga is made in Japan. Anime is made in Japan. JRPGs are made in Japan. All of them are entertainment products aimed at kids, teenagers, and otakus. So all of them share similar writing styles.

>Ping Pong
Oh I didn't expect you normalfags to know that show, did you like it?
>Everything from Japan is anime
The normalfag mind is truly something

I seriously doubt something like Boku no Pico is aimed at the same audience as Dark Souls.

This is true, but some people really hate to acknowledge it.

Because politics are PvP roleplaying game and shitposting about it on the internet makes it a video game.

Reminder the director of Boku no Pico also directed a VOTOMs OVA

This, I played for Nia.

Attached: 1545081421969.jpg (474x473, 12K)

>I seriously doubt something like Boku no Pico is aimed at the same audience as Dark Souls.
No one said this, though.

Not every JRPG is the same and not every anime is the same. But it's no coincidence that the writing style of the average JRPG is similar to anime, whereas the writing style of most western RPGs ever made is not similar to anime, at all.

>Average JRPG
>Average anime
user have you ever watched an anime? This is just shitposting

I dont know much about all that. I love WRPGs. Cant remember the last time I played a JRPG but I must've been young. I suppose WRPGs are simply more familiar with their aesthetic and have, to me, more interesting promises on average.
Sadly the corporations have ruined WRPGs as of late. Now anything with numbers and meaningless dialogue choices is a RPG. Often with atrocious writing.
Gone are great inspiring stories with much thought put into the world.
Maybe I should go over to JRPGs

For though I know nothing of them I can say JRPGs have great women.

Attached: Sae_body.png (667x1688, 492K)

>user have you ever watched an anime?
I have. Now are you going to deny the stuff JRPG fans admit themselves? That JRPG has similar writing to that of anime, including many anime tropes? Are you going to deny you aren't far more likely to have a JRPG that is written like an anime, than a western RPG that is written like an anime?

Don't be delusional. I didn't say JRPGs suck, I only said I didn't like their writing style. Dark Souls is not the rule, it's the exception, alongside games like Vagrant Story and Koudelka.

>products from japan are similar to other products in japan
>western games are not like my japanese anime at all
Whoopdee-doo. You cracked the code user. Whenever I play Nocturne, I'm instantly reminded of Astro-Boy.

Ironically admitting defeat is still admitting defeat.

>Similar writing to that of anime
But that doesn't even make sense, let alone the rest of your post.
How can you say anime all has the same style of writing?
Are you telling me Casshern Sins is exactly the same as Raideen?

>path blocks you

Attached: FE82569A-8A11-4190-879F-65F7C84041A9.jpg (716x1000, 118K)

>How can you say anime all has the same style of writing?
It's a generalization, user. I didn't think I needed to say it, but apparently I do: it's a generalization. My point is that you can pick 100 RPGs made by western developers, proper developers (as opposed to indies using RPG Maker and so on), and you won't find anything remotely similar to the kind of writing you can find in animu anime. What's "animu anime"? Something that is written like the Neptunia series or World of Final Fantasy.

That said, even something like Death Note, which is far more serious in tone, falls prey to stupid anime tropes
>I'm 13% sure he is Kira
>*characters randomly thinking aloud as dramatic music plays*
And so on.

I wouldn't call them the worst. I think the ones that get the most shat on are musou like games.

Oh you ARE a normalfag shitposter, for a second I almost took you seriously.
Fuck off back to plebbit or whatever hole you came from

Nice argument.

No actually its wRPGs

Share all the negative aspects of jRPGs but none of the good parts

>You do nothing but shitpost and say "animu anime" as if that means anything
>I'm the one without an argument
Good one

>give concrete examples of the kind of anime writing I'm talking about
>"you are a normalfag"
Cope.

>Animu anime
>Concrete
>World of Final Fantasy is an anime
Holy shit you're delusional

You're even a bigger imbecile than him since you keep feeding his evident and effortless shitposting instead of ignoring this garbage thread.
He doesn't want any argument, he wants to shitpost and generate drama, and you're so fucking stupid and underaged you fall right into the most obvious and entry level baiting, and think you're gonna demonstrate anything to anyone when these threads keep getting made every single day.
Learn to fucking ignore imbeciles instead of being an even bigger one yourself you fucking idiot.

Attached: 1561899685265.png (512x512, 105K)

>Vargposter
Yeah stopped right there normalfag

>lack reading comprehension
>"you're delusional!!!"
Pretty sad desu.

user. Literally every piece of media falls prey to tropes of their own culture. Western RPGS are consistent in tone of their setting throughout dozens of games that fall in line with western media. Hell, the chosen one being you is a universal trope across every culture.

This. Stop replying to the braindead apes.

Wrong, the DLC has the best gameplay.

I know user. This is why I dislike many JRPGs. The reason I made the original comment was because unlike most people who love to shit on JRPGs using cherrypicked examples of gameplay, my issue is entirely legitimate and based on facts.

More power to the people who enjoy the writing on the average JRPG. But that's usually what drives me away from them. Because JRPGs usually place a lot of emphasis on the narrative and characterization, there's more room for tropes (but especially, dialogue) to pop up. Anyone who says you can't distinguish most JRPG from most western RPG just by reading the script of the games is lying. This has been particularly true for the past two decades.

>Prevents you from moving toward your destination

Attached: 02BD6129-38B6-4757-B7E6-85EFAEDEED54.jpg (724x1024, 126K)

Attached: 1542043060182.jpg (953x960, 87K)

Nia's cosplay potential has no limits.

Attached: IMG_20190729_212758.jpg (1535x2048, 181K)

I want to plant my face in that so bad

No, you just hat to acknowledge that it has bad gameplay.

I will agree that JRPGs have great women

Attached: magilou.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Too true. Kiketendo fans don't deserve Xeno at all though.

Attached: I sleep.jpg (1024x512, 51K)

try strange journey m8

I could always use more Final Fantasy V

Attached: monika.gif (720x720, 129K)

you're correct but nu-Yea Forums is mostly autistic nostalgia faggots with absolutely no other interest in vidya.

3rd person over the shoulder camera cinematic experiences is the worst genre.

Attached: 1563816499039.gif (400x371, 62K)

I hate that genre but I don't think it's bad technically. ASSFAGGOTS and battle royale shit are far worse imo.

I dislike it too. I'm just sick of seeing so many JRPGs get praise even though I think they're almost as bad as movie games a lot of the time.

i liked some of the things that facilitated nia's superiority, such as the jankiness, the ultra-Romantic music, and parts of the supporting cast (eg rex)

Attached: think.webm (532x720, 2.87M)

I can go with "jrpgs are the worst written genre" since the dialogue is usually terrible (course there's exceptions, I've played a couple of decent jrpgs) but they never fail to have a fuckload of it.

But by amount of shitty games? That's first-person horror games, Steam has tens of thousands of the fuckers and they're all so terrible.
By intrinsically being bad? MOBAs/ASSFAGGOTS, "competitive tower design" is a terrible concept even on paper and it somehow got popular, while everyone who played it hated it and was miserable.
Blandest? Ubisoft sandboxes. Pitiful progression and a list of chores just drizzled over a map, no design involved, just trend priorities.

90% of any genre is going to be shit regardless. Jrpgs could use one of those infographics that tell you where to start. Remember to put Ephemeral Fantasia and Lost Odyssey on there somewhere.

>blocks you are path

Attached: RetroArch Screenshot 2019.07.29 - 19.52.41.36.png (2560x1440, 720K)

Yeah, I guess JRPGs are more likely to be shit from the get go based on how they're typically designed. Although in terms of scale, there are other genres with much more games that are shitty.

Who deserves it then? You better say PC gamers and not So(n)yboys.

Xenoblade on PC would look sick

nobody deserves that shovelware.

Three words

Tales of Phantasia

Strange Journey sucks, play a REAL True Goddess Revival game like Devil Survivor

based op making Jrpgtoddlers seethe. 99% of JRPGS suck ass.

I love the welsh catgirl

Attached: welsh catgirl.jpg (500x707, 57K)

smells nice