Underrail Thread

Can someone hook me up with a good energy weapons build I can play on Hard? (Min-maxed)

Attached: I Fight The Constant Underrail.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uipTO-4A
gog.com/forum/underrail/realistic_portrait_pack/page2
underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1304.0
youtube.com/watch?v=QuirmvGXOdc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What weapons do psi builds use? I assume they use skills + items more than weapons but I'd feel weird going empty-handed without asking

Good stat distribution for a pure psi wizard?

daily reminder hard isn't hard if you have a brain, dominating doesn't require sperg min-maxing, and you're retarded if you struggle on normal or easy.

holy FUCK the Gray Army Base level was retarded. I literally was only able to get the keycard by planting some dynamite on the other side of the floor which caused the officer guarding the keycard to leave the room. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have points into stealth who's doing that mission.

8/10 INT, 8/9/10 CON, and always 10 Will

You don't need weapons in a game that does magic/psionics right.
I wish there was more things live staves and wands though. I always wanted that sort of thing but for some reason no one ever makes magic staves that are actually good.

So 8con/10int/10will is good? Was my original plan

Hard and dominating is hard. you just use OP meta-builds. sorry to break it to you, but you're not actually as smart as you think you are.

Yeah, you'll miss out on con feats, though.

Well is it worth it to do 8int/10 con then? What are the pros and cons to either?

Dominating sure, but hard doesn't require that kind of autism.

Uh there actually is psi staffs in expedition

As for weapons: energy weapons, chem pistols, sniper rifles, or .44s. Anything that deals a lot of damage in one hit is good. Not sure about shotties, though.

Anything higher than 7 INT is a waste and going high CON on psi builds has always been a stupid idea. It's even more stupid now.

If you have 10 con then you can get the feats that require 9 and 10 con.
If you have 10 int then you get 2 more psi recovery per round.

REMOVE FACELESS

Attached: DOOR STUCK.jpg (1434x894, 370K)

9 CON lets you have Last stand and Survival Instincts. Both are polar opposites the same way Tranquility and Psychosis are and mesh really well with them. 10 CON lets you have Thick Skull, which makes you dazed rather than stun and it's always to have some action rather than no action.

Yup, low con works perfectly fine. Never understood why anyone needs to be a muscle wizard unless it's better on dominating or something.

>being this retarded
I bet you play with 3 CON on every character.

Thick Skull isn't just a waste for psi builds, it's an active detriment.

>nobody to share the cosy warmth of a nice barrel fire with

Attached: one man phalanx.jpg (822x792, 156K)

Stop with this bullshit meme. LoCs cooldown is way too long to depend on it for breaking out of stuns all the time.

I had pretty high stealth so didn't even need noisemakers. Made me wonder how someone would do it without stealth though. Seems like using the grey army disguise doesn't work since the soldiers will randomly talk to you and notice you're a foreigner.

Howso?

I beat everyone to death with my bare hands, even the special forces.

It was fun.

Oh yeah I didn't think about doing that place at a higher level. I did it so early there was no way I could have killed them all.

I love returning to SGS after long periods out and about, it really feels like home.

I don't understand why everyone is so eager to open the ACoNR. From everything they say about it it's a disaster waiting to happen.

>Find Newton
>"Oh yay you found me okay now kill all those beatles you snuck past and let me know when its safe
>All I have is a 5mm, M'lan Ratula's useless knife, and a hopper trap

Attached: HqSFuD76GEvff8JkJgMuhjxKCBD90A9gh1ap3sHxzXw.jpg (634x452, 35K)

>underrail multiplayer
Would it work?

Attached: 1552957855167.jpg (464x574, 47K)

Good thing specialization exists so we can chop down that cooldown significantly.
Psi builds already have a feat that removes and makes them immune to stun for 3 turns along with providing an AoE buff on all Thought Control skills.
Meanwhile Thick Skull knocks off 15 AP for no other benefit.

Get some W2C bullets and a molotov or HE grenade.

I had to, jack, I had to.

jack knife, boxing gloves, power fist, shaman staff/spear

projecting
and not pseudo-spatial

Attached: b-but machetes are too risky.png (1105x738, 1.01M)

How do you avoid damage as a light armored melee guy? Dodge and Evasion don't seem that strong.

Molly Molly Molly Molly (Molly!)
To the tune of youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uipTO-4A

But it has a long ass cooldown and you can use it against more than just stuns. As common as stuns are, I don't see why having more protection against it would be a bad thing.

>Open door
>Throw Molotov in
>Close door

Oh yes, 10 turns for it to cooldown. Truly, it is the pinnacle stat effect breaker.

Uh oh.
I think...I think I'm getting bored of my character. Goddamn it, I don't want to admit it to myself but I think this is my limit. I really want to reroll another character but this is the furthest I've ever held off on that feeling.
If I reroll now I will never ever beat the game. I just don't have the attention span to stick with one fucking character.

Attached: 1559610819023.jpg (960x960, 79K)

they help though, especially if you have them buffed to high heavens

mainly by control
I'm very fast, so I can attack and get behind cover before ending my turn if I need to
I'm temp psi, so I can slow down a particular enemy
I can also put myself or others into stasis for two rounds
I have a ton of action points, so I can really put the hurt down if I need to
I have grenadier (damage with frags, incap with flashbangs) and a taser
I wear a doctors belt so I can use meds almost for free

It's all about doing what you can on your turn to keep your enemies from being able to do anything much on their turns. You need to think before each move/action and plan ahead.

If you kill the pirates before getting invited in to talk, do they kill the professor?

Its a device that is capable of building complex structures that couldn't be built otherwise with the current technology of the Underrail civilizations. Millions of nano-machines that act as the builders of whatever you want to make provided you give them enough materials to work with.

Before he is kidnapped or after? I exterminated them before he was kidnapped so I never got the kidnapping event.

>can't end a fight in 10 turns
>can't lock enemies down for 10 turns
This speaks volumes about how bad you are, especially now that 7 of those turns are essentially freebies.

new idea: play one character through the main game and play a different one through expedition. play them concurrently if you can't wait to try something else and don't want to feel like you've wasted time by abandoning this playthrough. reason for this is if you do everything on one character you'll overlevel and trivialise the challenge of either the endgame or expedition.

Has anyone found a unique SMG?

there's one in depot a

there is one new one in the expansion that I've seen
there are several in the base game

>Jew ass pirate is asking for 75% of everything
>The outside of his area has absolute zero cover, assrape turrets if you try to move and nowhere to really maneuver until you remove the 4 or 5 enemies to your left the moment you leave

Sasuga Styg

Attached: fuck pirates.png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

>can't end a fight in 10 turns
Oh you idiot, that's my point. By the time you can use it again, the fight's already fucking over.

That was a pretty hard fight. Pretty fun too.

the cargo container is your chokepoint
with stealth, I put down bear traps and then toxic gas just outside of it
guards came to get the gas canisters, I started combat and closed the doors

after

anyone know a good strategy for creepers?

Then what's the problem?

Fuck forgot to mention, in expedition
cool where can i find it?

Do you use speedup?

Personally I use it in cleared areas but go normal in unexplored terrain.

Attached: 2a8e7b6c-5bc3-4ee3-923d-eb56fd4e9518-2060x1236.jpg (620x372, 17K)

exothermic aura

escape artist, infused siphoner tabis to ignore web slows
napalm grenades, flashbangs, taser
irongut, lots of antidotes

i ususally have cheatengine running the game at 2x speed, but i'll put that to 16x for when i'm backtracking. Honestly I can't play the game at base speed any more, i've been doing this for too long. The inbuilt speedup styg made is good, but i'm just completely used to combat being 2x speed as well.

grey army base, in a locker in the armory

Just made a new character and with leftover points, put 5pts into the Tailor/Mech/Elect... what are the max levels for those crafting skills anyway? How strongly should I focus on leveling them early game?

It's a shitty way to escape stun. Perfect for things like incapacitated but really shitty for stun. Thick Skull's daze only lasts for a turn too. It's not that much of a decrease.

If you know they've probably seen you, stand next to a wall, set up a force field with a one tile gap that enemies can reach you through, and then place a telekinetic imprint trap in that space
if you're not a psyker then idk lmao psykers win again baybe

Is that later in the main quest or can i go snag it now?

Are you retarded? Don't you see how badly you're contradicting yourself?

Competitive or co-operative?

reminder that people from rpgcodex come into these threads, take funny or good posts and repost them there

Attached: dork.png (997x353, 51K)

thanks, jack. off to the siphoner pools, then foundry it is then.
anyone know the benefits of the new infused leathers?

Everywhere outside of areas where I need to be cautious.

You already did that but I can see you are too retarded to understand.

Keep on recommending Thick Skull for psi builds and plenty of people will be ready to call you out on being retarded. Hopefully no one actually takes your shitty advice.

>they're stealing our memes and repackaging them in a shitty way
I don't know whether to be insulted or amused.

Somebody last thread axed for a portrait pack.

gog.com/forum/underrail/realistic_portrait_pack/page2

You're the only one doing that right now.

don't get your hopes up, man, it's not that good

heartbreaker - bio resist, initiative boost, persuasion bonus, dodge bonus, evasion penalty
leper - not much; global bio resist, boots/tabi give immunity to off-balance (good vs spiders, but I'd rather have immunity to slows
sea wyrm - acid resist
greater siphoner - like siphoner but with lower heat/acid and some energy resist
bison - better pig leather, chill immunity, high cold resistance

It's a device capable of building something monumental - but we can't know what that something monumental is in advance. It can't be reprogrammed, it will instantly seek resources to build its project whatever it takes, and it has wriggle room to interpret the blueprint however it wants. It was built by NFT, but it's not their technology They were playing with things they don't understand. Opening this thing and setting it loose sounds more derailed than a shopping mall full of Lunatics.

.44 does not alleviate gun start, god damn.

reminder that when you cast LoC you still get second wind stun immunity for the next two turns

"they"
lol, tyg is responsible for underrail threads even being on Yea Forums
he's probably how you first heard of the game

if anything it hinders you even further since it doesnt even come with enough ammo to clear out the rathounds during the first mission.

my lord how do you tards even play this game

just get behind the fences and use aimed shot ever 3 rounds, for fucks sake

Sure he is, I bet he's the faggot who keeps putting edition in the title.

go home tygrende

im harperfan7

yikes...

i didn't mention rats at the power stations, sperg.

Um, I though you just have to show it the blueprints of whatever you want made and acted as blank slates until activated and given the opportunity to look at the blueprints?

This game has been in my backlog forever and I was just waiting for the expansion to come out to play it.

What's a fun build to use that isn't game breaking?

Bre, go back.

AR Tincan or SMG grenadier

you're still wrong tho
.44 aimed shot kills rathounds in one hit, and will fuck up a beetle with its head open, especially if its in a bear trap or net and you have opportunist

big oof

I was here first, you go back to redddit

something with psionics because psionics are fun, but not a FULL psionic build because psionics are fucking overpowered
take like, thought control, temporal manipulation and then fucking shotguns. that'll be neat, those two psi schools are primaily for crowd control and buffing yourself.

No, it comes with the blueprint already coded into it. And that blueprint is the only thing it will ever work on, and it will self-terminate once it's done.

How can you even say that with that reddit spacing, bre?

Daily reminder that if you're not an ironcladed, hammer swinging chad, you shouldnt post here

>Autistic arguments and back and forth f5 shitflinging that goes nowhere
Now this is reading like a general

>walks two spaces and then runs out of movement points

and yet they still can't beat him

>Whats Sprint
>Whats Adrenaline
>Whats a throwing net
>Whats a Flashbang
>Whats Psychokinesis

ok stop arguing for 15 seconds you spergs
POST BUILD
POST HOW FAR INTO THE DLC YOU ARE (with a spoiler tag if necessary)
POST HOW EXPEDITION COMPARES TO THE BASE GAME

Attached: an image.png (570x535, 177K)

It was only a matter of time.

>Haul 200 kg worth of goodies
>Some stuff I have I can craft on the spot
>Instead drag my ass to SGS in private quarters
>Unload everything I have on different places and deposits, in a very 'organized' manner
>Once everything has been placed and ordered, only then begin to craft
Is this autism?
Because I really feel autistic for doing this

Metal man sledge crit grenadier. Trying to save newton by laying traps for brain bugs.

Super autistic when you can view different categories in a single container.

>that moment when you finally have all the workshops and need to move all your stuff to the house
>and you have 1000+kg of crafting stuff
>and you can only carry 130kg

Metalman sledge and psychokinesis guy
Abuse the fact beetles cant open doors, molotovs do wonders, HE grenades help too
But traps and caltrops are also fantastic

>portrait pack
Found more over here: underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1304.0

Shotguns and time magic. Still haven't made it to the actual DLC because I'm only level 12, but I'm having a lot of fun with the new weapons n shit, although I think the shotgun shells could probably do with a rebalance. Feels odd that once you get a half decent gun, hoppershot becomes better than trainshot most of the time.

>Pure psi mind wizard
>just started 15min ago, running around SGS
HELLO YES PLEASE TELL ME GOOD AREAS TO EXPLORE SUPER EARLY-GAME AND WHERE TO FIND THOSE EARLY ODDITIES AS WELL AS WHAT THE FUCK TO STAY FAR AWAY FROM

>POST BUILD
crossbow guy
armored targets fuck me since I need 1 more level to crank my chem up so I can craft gas grenades.
>POST HOW FAR INTO THE DLC YOU ARE (with a spoiler tag if necessary)
not far, just exploring around for now. I've got phil's arm, haven't rested yet.
>POST HOW EXPEDITION COMPARES TO THE BASE GAME
It's great, you can tell the production value has increased and how much work went into it.
lots of very interesting new lore.

Always take Pack Rathound.

I finished DLC I would say the combat encounters and exploration isn't as fun as the base game (Its still super fun and worth doing). But I found the lore and story is extremely interesting.

These protectorate guys in the prison are kicking my ass on my heavy armor shotgun build.

>GOOD AREAS TO EXPLORE SUPER EARLY-GAME
underpassages up north of the train, past the guys clearing rubble with juggalokinesis . I think theres a guaranteed spawn for low quality riot armor up there somewhere.

>Super autistic when you can view different categories in a single container.
Glady I dont do that
I usually put medicine/biological components, food and animal components in one container
Mechanical/electronict/chemical components on other container
Keycards, keys, past queen items and others on another container
Weapons and gear in other
Combat utilities and other stuff in another

The good side is that I can almost remenber all the stuff I hoard, remenber quality and durability, easily remenber that I should sell the stuff I got saved

>spend precious early game currency on burrower traps
>don't have the skill required to use them yet

Attached: 1541157552759.jpg (1024x427, 21K)

which crafting recipe lets me make molotov cocktails? and how much chemistry do i need fro it/other crafting skills if necessary

Protectorade guys are end game content, dont bother with them in the early game, come back later when you're stronger

>POST BUILD
Psionic god.
>POST HOW FAR INTO THE DLC YOU ARE (with a spoiler tag if necessary)
Beat it, torched the Shadowlith and its shard, killed Magnar and time deathed his soul, slaughtered the pirates, and sold the AcoRN to the edgelord.
It's DC but with shops and jet skis.

at sgs
keys into the desk
crafting components and animal intestines onto the shelf
locker on right: mementos, unique weapons
locker on left: extra gear, and components I have my eye on and plans for once I reach appropriate crafting skills
forgot how I organized my core city house

incendiary grenades, 20 chemistry and 10 tailoring. bottle, rag, gasoline.
at 40 and 60 chemistry you can make more powerful incendiary grenades. the level 60 one is fucking stupid honestly.

>forgot how I organized my core city house
Honestly I dont even bother with core city house
at most I will buy the workbench and haul all the items I created back to SGS

he means the junkyard embassy prison, not upper underrail post cornell content. he should come back later though regardless if he's having trouble with them though.

I too prefer SGS to the core city house. too large, I like all my containers being in close proximity to one another, and at the most I would use at any given time would be like 4. I used to go with the house as a cash sink and live there, but with expedition's addition of jetski's, I have something actually useful to buy rather than 20k charons of decorations. just going to go with the workshops for this playthrough, probably.

Imagine getting critically dirty kicked by a metal boot wearer

>POST BUILD
Dex melee/thrower focused on crit spears and grenades
>POST HOW FAR INTO THE DLC YOU ARE
No fucking idea. I stole the best jetski, didn't join Expedition
It's got a fuckhuge sea

autism

Metal armor, Sledgehammer, Psychokinesis tank
Didnt reached the new content sadly, well at least not the black sea, did Dude's quests tho
Already pretty fucking good

>Fighting through the pirate base
>It's absolutely fucking colossal, sprawling, filled to the brim with enemies
>Aegis-Sec base is four piddly screens and even then they get carried by Yahota and the plasma turrets during any attacks

I'm feeling like this is one of those 'there are technically two paths but you're a fucking idiot if you bother with one of them' situations.

>He says as he post in an Underrail thread

You are a fucking idiot for being Briggs' bitch and the professor's errand boy, yes.

Am I forced to take Psi Empathy and have my health reduced if I want to go psi build? How else do I unlock my potential otherwise?

You're the errand boy and bitch of literally everybody in the game, user. Just because they're upfront about it doesn't mean it's worse.

1k right to the nads

Nope, you're obligated to take the purple pill if you want to do slav magic

>Quad Psi
>Presumably half way through the dlc
Really enjoying myself, though the encounter variety is a bit samey in parts and navigating parts of the black sea is a pain in the dick

>
Yes.
>
You dont. You dont have months to do your shit user, the game takes place in like, 2 days. 3 if you might count the rests you do in expedition. Its just 25% you baby and you get mad utility and power, just counterplay it with smart shit.

It is when they have no respect for you.

ahem
FUCK NORTHERNERS
HELL'S GUT IS GRIM JETTER CLAY or water or someshit idk

down syndrome

bang on banga

2-3 months. Everything from the start until you finish Depot A is about two weeks in-universe.

>I DESERVE RESPECT
lol

Evasive fists psi hybrid with temporal manipulation and just enough in psychokinesis to take force emission, also yell, maxxed intimidation and planning to take brutality feat. It's my first time playing the game, I just arrived to camp hathor and got buttfucked by burrowers with my currently low evasion and 3 con so I went to core city to find a shield. I'm kinda getting bored of my build before it even takes off but I don't know what else I would go for, at least nobody else seems to be using mine so I get off-meta good boy points.

call it whatever you want, jack
hope your character enjoys looking for crawler poison caltrops underneath his large intestine stockpile, mine are right are to the right of my bear traps

What psi abilities should I absolutely buy from the start?

>crawler poison caltrops underneath his large intestine stockpile
you know these aren't just pretty decorations right?

Attached: Capture.png (491x81, 59K)

Did I say I had a fuckin molotov you fuckin hot head
So should I just sneak back out to go buy shit and then sneak back in?
All I got is 390 whatever right now, I hope thats enough.

>he lets everyone walk all over him
>he gives away shit without asking for the price
>he does shit out of good will
look at this fucking toy

Get Neural Overload and Pyrokinesis for free.
Buy everything else except the other thought control stuff and Force Emission when you can.

>>Open door
25 AP
>>Throw Molotov in
15 AP
>>Close door
Not enough AP

You're not very good at this math thing.

literally every single psi ability is useful in some fashion
don't buy force emission unless you're a fist weapon user though, it wont do anything for you

Does anybody kinda feels bad for killing muties?

you're not very good at this game, zoner

hostile ones, no
putting them out of their misery

I don't use them, never have
it's pretty autistic organizing my things in a video game with a function such as that, but I don't lose much time walking around my quarters in SGS to access another container. I would only consider cramming 1000 pounds of my stuff into a single container in the basement of the core city house, because that is much larger

You have to compensate in some way.
You could open the door from stealth then initiate combat to skip the AP cost
You could open it and then drop a force field in front of it
You could open, flash, then throw the napalm
Et cetera

Going a sword build, should I max strength or dexterity? Either one seems good to me.

What are these M-Fold phones for?

The door in question is already open so you just need to close it.
That said good on the first user for putting those retards in their place.

>open door in stealth
>throw molotov, 15 AP
>close door, 25 AP
stealth chads win again

Seeger can extract data from them and you can read the thoughts of the previous owners of them on the computer in his tent.

Bring them to the dude from Hexagon in Aegis camp

Strength is going to be better to max but get dex up to whatever you need for feats.

Thank God for Core City sewers, lots of toxic sludges to be looted

Bros, I don't want to throw a fireball at these. I want to give them the canned food from my inventory.

Attached: cats.jpg (1920x1080, 375K)

dexterity is the better option
strength only gives you a small bonus to damage

Attached: muhsheet damage.png (273x210, 7K)

I'm sorry but you can't save kittens from themselves.

You know what you have to do.

I got a cat in a dog crate from dude's cave home I'm taking with me to DC

Daily reminder to not disregard low quality metal
You can always craft traps and caltrops out of them

haven't crafted caltrops in about 8 months
you use 1 vial of poison for 5 sets, right?

Can you release it to your home?

How much crit chance can you get with that much dex?

How much does dexterity actually increase crit chance? Ripper seems fun and I'd like to keep a dagger on hand for cutthroat shenanigans.

I'm at the part of dude's quest where you have to fuck with the jumbled up terminal. I tried to add up the numbers in the garbled text and select which ones add up to the numbers on the paper and power meter, but that seems to be getting me nowhere
am I missing something or am I just dumb?

Bro I hate to tell you this but dex doesn't affect damage.
1% higher for each point above 5. Not worth it.

1% for each level above 5.
fuck, now you're making me wish i'd gone dex instead of strength
>looks at my carry capacity
nvm

I dunno bre, when I don't crit i do like 150 damage, and then when I do crit its like 600

Correct, 1 metal creates 5 units of caltrops
I realized I could totally create my own caltrops and traps and stop autistically visiting junkyard and camp hathor, I only needed the burrower poision, and I had to clear some hives anyways...

I wish
can't release creatures from animal crates I'm afraid. just my inventory pet now.

got to crank my bio then, I've got 2 crawler stingers and I've fought them 0 times. 10 crawler caltrops, man
I can cheese the whole game

Those values are reversed retard.

You know, when you realize about it, there are many situations and quests that can be completely trivialized by poisioned caltrops and traps
The Beast
Clearing the hidden Free Drone base on upper underrail
Taking down the CAU as a Free Drone
Depot A
And so many etc
Once you have that revelation, the game becomes easier, even in Dominating
Glad crawler poision is hard to get, otherwise...

You only found those two? There's a third hint.

you are missing the chemistry set numbers

>throw down poisoned caltrops
>immediately step on them

Attached: genius.png (627x713, 802K)

>Not getting Sure Step feat

>getting sure step feat
must be nice playing a build that isn't completely starved of spare feats

Attached: instinct.png (460x441, 43K)

To put it in the shredder?

you can get two stingers for free. one on the way to south railroad outpost, walking from rail crossing along the tracks, the other in a freezer in the bunker you enter looking for mutagen for mareth in the protectorate questline. he has unique dialogue if you already have the mutagen on you after he tasks you with getting some.
I have most of the crawler locations in the game memorized, besides the caves. I usually just proceed until I see a red dream mushroom, and then turn around. though I have memory of a couple crawler free red dream locations, that I walk without worry in

What if I just upped them both? Am I retarded?

Do I negotiate peace between the rathound king and camp hathor or do i purge his savage ass?

your melee skill scales with the highest out of the two of them, so by prioritising one you can get higher scaling on your melee skill, which scales your damage higher.
you don't HAVE to do that though, i got dex to 10 for ripper and then pumped strength and i'm doing absolutely fine on hard.

well I found it and solved it now, thanks bros

Attached: 20190729200637_1.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

And I stole the Can Opener back for good measure.

Attached: Jet.png (1920x1080, 2.88M)

nah, to carry with me until I beat the game. I always buy the brain off of Al Fabet as soon as I meet him and do the same with that. I play characters with average strength, so carry capacity is an issue, but 4 and a half pounds isn't too bad.
also got a cigar I bought from the guy in oculus that I plan to smoke once I beat Tchort

The only reason to pump dex is for the AP reduction on light weapons. Swords aren't a light weapon.

one day I'll play through this game
one day

Alright I'm gonna do that, ripper seems like my kind of feat anyways.

>1 bear trap weights 1 kg
>1 set of caltrops weights 1,5 kg
First time I realized how heavy those are
Huh

it does through crit chance, retard
it also raises initiative and throwing/lockpicking/traps/pickpocket
it works on the melee skill like strength, whereas strength only increases damage by a smallish amount and increases carry capacity

Im really, really interested in this game but I feel like I'm not strategic enough to play it. I'm playing on easy and still getting shitted on. Going full PSI, too. Does PSI get easier or something, heard this was the easy mode power.

I thought this was going to be harder but after going through expedition, I should've expected it to go down like this.

I truly am the most powerful being in this world.

Attached: 20190729201005_1.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

psi can feel slightly janky VERY early on, because the strength of psi really shines upon you getting a shitton of different abilities that let you control the battle field.
shit though, struggling on easy? JUST THINK NIGGA, THINK

>spear throw critting for almost 1k at level fucking 11
jesus christ this skill

Attached: me.png (360x351, 193K)

When should I hit the expedition? I've taken care of acid hunters and am lvl 19

Full psi users are very weak on the early game, but can get very strong in the middle game, and godlike on late game

What do melee characters do on jetskis? Joust?

now
typically people are advised to go in at level 15

>77% increased damage is small
>but 11% more crit chance is huge
Look at this fucking dude. He actually pumps stats for the skill bonuses.

Psi is so ridiculously OP. And people complain on here that some people play classic and are over-leveled. Does it even matter if you're playing a ridiculously OP build like Psi that wrecks shit?

the recommended level is 15, you're more than ready, jack
good luck, bre

Yes, 'cause it takes a while to get there.

Listen, I know myself, and I'm just bad at any game that requires some sort of strategy and foresight. That said, I adore CRPGs because they allow you to immerse yourself into a story/world with a character you mold from scratch, most of the time. So I'm gonna power through because this world is really interesting.

Damn, so basically I;m going to have to get good, but by the time I'm good I'll be powerful anyway.

Yeah, they use the fast jet skis to gain more damage to their melee attacks and suspensions for better accuracy.

did you even look at the image, retard?
its 77% *additively*
thats like 1/6th more damage

r8/h8

60s across the board in mech, elec, chem, guns and temporal psi
30 in throwing for grenadier

rolling laser & chemical pistols, then grenades and PSI for AoE/single target burst

no stealth because I ain't a pussy

just got to Core City and currently 'dominating' so 'hardcore' it is utterly 'DERAILED'

>happen to be playing high ST build so never notice weight issues
>lifting belt adds another 30 to boot
Feels good. This build has 99 problems but weight aint one.

Thanks lads, I'll finally be able to get the weeb katana I've dreamed of.

No wonder I've been having such a hard time, I started it at level 9. Fucking Psi-crabs one-shot me with Electronkinesis and I ended up loading an earlier save after bashing my head against the gray army dudes for 90 minutes.

I have trouble with this myself, but its best to just completely ignore retards; you can't win

>I started it at level 9
Jesus, you should be at least level 12 by the time you reach core city.

Hard-fucking-core

>Finally get the 120+ tungsten restock

IT'S THE WALL UP THERE BROTHER

Attached: ARMOR.png (1920x1080, 596K)

actually no, once you factor in drugs like vitality powder and super soldier, its even less than that
enjoy your extra carry capacity, I guess

Spear Jousting is literally a feat.

they go up to like 150 now, you know

TUNGSTEN IS LOVE
TUNGSTEN IS LIFE
DISMISS SUPER STEELFAGS
CARRY THAT BURDEN AND IT SHALL PROTECT YOU

Daaaamn, you got armor sloping or is it always that high?

Where do I get that psionic power that lets me make clones and shit?

>dude look at THE IMAGE
Unlike you I actually play this game and speak from experience.
What's next "dex is good for spears"? Fucking lol

I did the arena to become Invictus and a bunch of Expedition shit, and all the Dude quests up to the Gray Army Base and I'm 4 exp into Level 12 at this point.

>I started it at level 9
that would be unpleasant

I usually finish Depot A about halfway through level 10 on oddity, and then go straight to Core city.

Attached: 1559562816330.png (750x987, 640K)

silent isle

120 was the low end of what I put into it, it's just that I was waiting for a good enough restock to finally craft it.

Also, question, I broke off some shard of something at the top of the Jaw in the pirate base. Should I just hold onto that?

YOU KNOW THAT YOU'VE FOUND THE WALL
THE WALL
THE WALL
NO MAN ON EARTH CAN MAKE YOU FALL

Is there any way (cheat engine, etc) to reset stats? I realized I made a mistake in my build and it's really gonna fuck things up down the road. I really don't wanna restart this guy, I just wanna reallocate my attributes.
Also, same note, I made a new fucking character and I was in such a hurry I picked the default portrait. I guess the lesson here is: slow down.

wait, what other alternative is there? i just started expedition, joined aegis sec, used my invictis status to join. if i kill them all i can still progress through the dlc?

>tfw you tell a sniper to dilate and now he can't fire his gun
lmao
absolutely SHAKING

Yes but if you have any stat associated feats it will fuck things up

You can totally just shack up with the pirates. I don't know if that entails you killing the entire Aegis-Sec camp? But the pirates are hilariously more armed and competent, just judging by what I've had to deal with.

There's a cheat engine table out there that let's you mess with attributes and stats. Feats are a little harder to fix, though.

havnt ran into those guys yet, just the barbarians. thanks user ill keep an eye out for them. i definitely didnt like how aegis sec was , reminds me of the protectorate with all that sir shit.

why everything gotta be so expensive bros

>use spear throw in the arena
>match ends
>spear is fucking gone
NO
NO GIVE IT BACK
GIVE ME MY SPEAR BAKC NO

Attached: 1513447388469.jpg (601x601, 62K)

It encourages you to craft

To people who have played Expedition: did you play through all of the expansion content then come back to the core game, or go back and forth? And did your character feel extra OP after Expedition?

Attached: 1558807792_ratking.jpg (1920x1600, 1.57M)

you can go back and forth
and yeah, its extra levels/gear, so of course the base game is going to be easier

everything, bre
everything
crafting components, consumables, traps. not even talking about weapons
I do craft my own shock 2 bolts, but I still am spending more money than I am making in most cases
29k jetski never

no I don't feel bad for killing anything friend!

Where the fuck is those acid bandits in the core city sewers, all I found was a bunch of muties and a cannibal

Timelapsed very much in Vertigo

Attached: 20190729204001_1.jpg (1920x1080, 527K)

That's what you get for using the OP undertested weapons, spearbabby

so you're minmaxing

Did you found the secret lever?

game's come a long way. Styg's old videos really show that. I prefer the name underrail a lot more to that though

How much Int do you need for cool conversation options?

You're a Godman, buddy.

>classic xp
bet you play on normal too lmao

I know you can go back and forth. My question was if people were going back and forth or focusing on the expansion. I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate it into a playthrough without ruining the difficulty of the game.

Seven or eight. Ten is obviously the one that gives you every option.

usually 7. people talk about a guy in expedition and that you need high int to understand him, my guess for him would be like 9-10

>want to try a build
>perception is the dump stat

It's just so tedious.

doesn't really work without traps because the sniper and two crossbow faggots can attack you outside your vision range if you hide in the container

With my time manipulation psi, I may as well be on the way to becoming one but far more powerful.

you can tell that he doesn't. the advanced hypo would have healed him for over 150, it healed him for 113 in the log, and he's not at full health, so he must be on hard and has an item that boosts healing effectiveness. no clue why he's on classic though, lol

I don't think you're replying to the right person

I know of at least one 11

they dont, though
they group up with everybody else
traps skill has nothing to do with it

Well, do you want to hit people from afar or not?

And which one is that, reddit space codex man?

>11 int
I don't care what it is it's not worth it at that point.

shut the fuck up nerd lol

oh, okay
you're going back to troll old posts because you're still butthurt over getting buttblasted earlier

They do attack you outside of your vision range
It doesn't matter that they group up with everyone, they still attack you outside of your vision range, meaning they can shoot you when they're out of sight even in a straight line
I never mentioned the traps skill you absolute fucking retard illiterate autist

STYG YOU ASSHOLE

Attached: There it is.jpg (302x858, 76K)

Is this first expedition quest suppose to make melee feel like cucks? Is this dlc rough for melee in general?

What are you even talking about?

Enjoys getting zapped by spiders

you can use hypercerebrix though

then why did you say "without traps" then?
and no they don't, I dont know how you're fucking this up

What's the matter user?

Fun fact:
The unique Sledgehammer, 'Quake', does NOT have a durability counter
It means it doesnt degrades by use
It means it doesnt need repairs

Just a hint

So, what's Ethan's deal? Is he really as old as he looks?

lmao stay mad
knowing game mechanics may make me a nerd, but you would have to be double digit IQ to not possess basic problem solving like that
enjoy being overleveled from your broke system, faggot

neither does balors hammer

Fucking deep caverns has the best things in it again

>make shotgun build
>having fun
>depot A is a breeze
>making "boom" noises every time I shoot like an autist
>game opens up
>try to go anywhere north
>every enemy now takes 4-6 shots to kill
Fuck shotguns they get cucked hard by DT

that wasn't my screenshot

nice babbling dork lol

durability is irrelevant with any amount of mechanics skill and the cheap repair kit blueprint, scrap guns, make your own repair kits. and if you're a sledge, you're already going to be needing mechanical repair kits for your armor, and armor usually degrade's slowly. its neat, but its not that big of a deal. man

don't worry, when you craft a good one DT stops existing
also use 9p for armoured targets

Noice

I know, I was mentioning this not because it's mind blowing, but because it's odd, as far as I know there are very few weapons that doesnt have a durability counter

copetext

Seething + cringe + unbased

>Continuum Ripple
>Spam Temporal Distortion
>Everything fucking dies at once

odd indeed. I wish there was a crossbow without durability, special bolts drain it like crazy

where is the earliest place i can get an energy gun/energy gun crafting recipe

Junkyard.

If this game was open source it'd literally be the only game I'd ever need.

Junkyard by Katherine
Railroad Crossing by Buzzer

I went to Core City, Rail Crossing, Fag's Post, and none of these poor fucks can afford my gear. Yes, I am breaking it down and repair the good quality shit for maximum carry weight to value.

I'm getting robbed every time I sell, send help

I think a scrapper had one during my assault on their HQ. I'd assume katherine in junkyard otherwise, if not It's definitely post Depot A

you can also get one in a shelf or desk or something during the quest where you break into elwoods house

t. al fabet

Get used to it bre
But the best traders are Oskar in Core City
That Praetorian dude, if you did Praetorian quests
Fraser, protectorade dude in Fort Apogee

Get the house apparently that raises merchant quality as does advancing in the game. Don't know what else does.

But user, you already have the sores.
.NET CIL bytecode is easy to decompile.

>9p
I've only ever found 6, 12, and 20

Don't forget the Occulus vendor. That guy is PACKIN

Every god damn time I enter this cave on the way back from the rathound king lair I get instagibbed by this death stalker thing the second I enter the area. It doesn't matter if I enter stealthed, it fucks me instantly before I can move and either kills me in that single turn or leaves me with a couple of hit points along with that shitty debuff.

What the fuck do I do?

Attached: 1558922624923.png (649x515, 323K)

Wait. It patrols around the area, just sit around for a few minutes before you transition.

I always liked constantine's schizophrenic ramblings. I want to head down to the base of oculus, there's gotta be a huge pile of loot there due to the EDS

HAH, Transition

somebody make a mod then

i think i'm blind or something where the fuck is katherine
I see the other people there like fixer and treasa

no, he probably got spotted by it when he first passed through that area and its in combat, hes gonna get attacked everytime he crosses no matter what and he gets a penalty to initiative aswell so hes never going to go first, so basically unless you can tank his first hit you are fucked

i don't remember if there was another path to get out of there

if he went through that cave to reach the rathound king, I think it likely detected him and followed him to that exit map. I think it will probably wait around for him for a while, or maybe indefinitely. I'm not sure how the mechanics work.
I'd throw a molotov right at my feet immediately, if you manage to get him burning the fear will allow you to make quick work of him. good luck, jack

>just want to ask him about Abram
>he starts screaming at me

Attached: small.jpg (225x225, 7K)

electronics broad in the hut south of treasa

So basically my save is completely fucked.

Fucking grade A game design.

Attached: 1555421591537.gif (280x158, 873K)

On the same area as Fixer, the mad medic of Junkyard, on the same area as the Protectorade Embassy's entrance, on the south (southwest) middle part of the map, you will see a shack, by the small pond

so wait

you fled from enemy you couldn't kill to a dead end?
and this is the game's fault?

Let me guess, you fell for the Oddity meme and were severely underlevelled when you walked into a shitty area?

>I have the same health at level 6 that my other character has at level 13

3 con is a hell of a drug

Well that was easy

Attached: rip.jpg (1428x889, 309K)

>being so bad you bricked your game
I fucking love Styg holy shit

>dumping Con
>ever
Damn man, why?

t. grinds rathounds for xp like a classic cuck

lmao bro just grind like wtf are you even doing haha

There's not actually any way to know that enemy is there unless it actually manages to hit you. He didn't run away, it was attacking him from stealth and his detection wasn't high enough to spot it. He left the area before it got in range.

>meme
hello cheater. Are you enjoying easy mode :D

Attached: oddity.jpg (650x690, 89K)

there should be an autosave when you did something important before like turning in the drill parts, also thats what you get for not saving relatively often in case a bug or something else happens

that system is in place to avoid people from abusing area transitions to just trivialize all fights both with and without stealth

More like you're just used to being 2-3 levels higher than you're supposed to be for each area

You don't need it if you don't get hit.

Have sex.

But did you kill him in one hit?

your game isn't soft-locked.
bust an adrenaline shot and pray he misses with his sting, that'll work. once he misses, either kill him or run the fuck up outta there.
use the power of the 95% max hit chance to your advantage for once

It still sucks. I will never touch Oddity again.

this but also morphine

Psycho-temporally Dilate.

git gud

Literally impossible with a shotgun I cheesed it with the ap temporal ability rushing as close as I can then casting stasis, then just run up and point blank burst three times.

>enemy keeps popping out of nowhere and shanking me for shit damage before vanishing into thin air
>literally can't kill it because I can't target it
>keep on moving and leave the area
>re-enter area later on and suddenly the enemy is perched at the entrance where it gets some horrible initiative bonus on top of the fact it's dealing about 4 times the damage it was doing previously

Oh for fuck's sake! I should have predicted this and am now having a heated gamer moment due to my own low IQ! How could this have happened?

Attached: 1537367547379.png (359x475, 204K)

>that worked on the first try
what the actual fuck is this game
I've done like 5 different runs where I never killed him without extreme save scumming and then this shit just HAPPENS

Attached: ss+(2019-07-29+at+11.24.40).jpg (1594x890, 377K)

>Survive the mongrel invasion on the beach
>Loot dead Aegis sec
>Everyone turns aggro and one-shots me
>Didn't save
Why do they even care if I take his flares...

kek

the game saves an auto save prior to the transition. Why did you not reload that and keep banging your dick on a wall?

Shame, you will never be the ultimate being.

Its funny because knife builds are one of the weaker builds in the game, but against Carnifex he is so easy if you have cut throat and decent stealth.

wow that's crazy you can look at it

Attached: Reflector_2019-07-30_04-26-17.png (1453x902, 32K)

Nigga I literally can't go anywhere else, this is the only way back.

I present you: Underrail Warcrimes
Before

Attached: 20190730012048_1.jpg (1024x768, 142K)

Real talk: If you're actually stuck, post your save. Bet I can get you past a crawler.

Attached: 1557470997811.jpg (960x720, 107K)

>every other room in the SGS private quarters are locked with a pickable lock
>except this one
whats behind it

Attached: mystery room.png (655x503, 392K)

And after

Attached: 20190730012623_1.jpg (1024x768, 155K)

>no acid pistol
bitch please, come back when you know how to war crime

keep playing you'll find out

give me some obscure fun builds

Tanner's dirty little secret.

Before

Attached: 20190729044533_1.jpg (1024x768, 261K)

Lurkers aren't human so they aren't protected by the Hexagon Conventions.

I never got an answer to this last thread.

Chem pistols or Energy for Psientists?

i just dealt with this as a tin can man myself
>do the rathound king quest and get his regalia
>get balaclava and boots with +sneak
>make any shitty cloaking device if you're a crafter
>equip all that and go to town
managed to do that quest without investing a single point in sneak

Attached: 1563352097804.jpg (215x211, 12K)

After
I -really- wanted that unique hammer btw

Attached: 20190729050023_1.jpg (1024x768, 277K)

>he didn't sledge duel then fat bastard
disappointment

chem pistols are good for crowd control, and so is psionics, whereas energy pistols are primaily good for doing extreme single target (or up to three targets with the bounce gun) damage
as such i'd recommend energy and psionics for a mix of big dick damage and crowd control. ignore metathermics since its primarily the damage dealing school and you wont need that

chem

I tried
I got Dazed every turn
Had to improvise

>losing the hammer duel
damn..

Fuck it will dump some old screenshots

Attached: (Record Scratch) Now you might be asking yourself, how did I get in this situation.jpg (1024x768, 206K)

ghost, you're starting to see the light
check your journal, ree

Yeah but as you can see, much of it is obfuscated.

>Reflector
dnSpy is better

Picked this up in a sale a while back. Was hoping for a good scavanger game but seems lack luster in that department.

wait, fire doesnt ruin toxic gas?
oh my what have I been doing with my life

No

Attached: I had to do them.jpg (1024x768, 171K)

...Welp.

youtube.com/watch?v=QuirmvGXOdc

Attached: 20190729213852_1.jpg (1920x1080, 363K)

>inb4 burning man

BURNING
MAN

is he here?
I have some advice for him

What is this meme

you can even get exothermic until level 12, fuck you gonna do before that?

Context: This was an update prior to Expedition
After that update, things were a little different

Attached: That seems 'bout rite.jpg (1024x768, 231K)

The warmest hugger build.

Conflicting votes here. Anyone else want to help me decide? Any feats I should pick for either?

Is there a more tedious enemy than Death Stalkers? What a monumental waste of time each fight is.

Attached: goblin of disgust looks in your direction.jpg (666x666, 269K)

Someone post the image

Absolutely based rathounds coming to aid their new king.

Attached: 2019-07-30_0538_1.png (1920x1080, 888K)

Attached: death stalkers.png (491x700, 557K)

psi

>king
>has a woman's portrait

its 2019

Why I always end in these kind of situations I will never know
It's hillarious

Attached: Regreting my life choices.jpg (1024x768, 231K)

Shit, I got out but everyone else bit the dust.

Attached: 20190729215041_1.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

I don't think they're unfair, I think they're fucking boring.
Preparing for the situation is the way to go, though. Should honestly be carrying more bear traps with me.

the fire will burn away, just stand very very still and pray no more friendly bugs come over

Just how low is your CON?

Attached: Mistakes were made.jpg (1024x768, 170K)

what are your preferred keybinds?
I'm starting to get too annoyed with i being inventory

On dominating

Attached: Tis is but a scratch.jpg (1024x768, 144K)

My first time tackling The Beast in dominating didnt go so well

Attached: This didn't go according to my plan.jpg (1024x768, 214K)

>no traps of any kind

F for take all. Literally can't stand clicking to loot. All combat stuff on the main bar; support tools, healing etc. to the shift bar. Nades on the bat belt, Q and E.

just drop already

I never click i

I made q my "grab all" since its right next to tab
and spacebar is enter combat

So what's the persuasion requirement to join the pirates?

Good psi monk builds around?

Bump!

Attached: faggot.jpg (200x200, 2K)

Someone post that webm of a psi monk soloing an entire Tchortist squadron

Can you get to silent isle without doing the black eel quests?

no

you can jet ski there

Good.

Not a huge fan of psi but I don't want to miss the lore tidbits. It's weird that it feels like having more options is making me think less.

Attached: 1547948086493.png (445x481, 314K)

That's how humans work. If you give them a wide array of things to choose from, they won't pick anything.

well i need a guide

>Try to take the Butcher head-on
>Get fucking murdered
>Prepare to break some Geneva conventions
>Butcher goes down in 5 turns
Big thonk
Anybody who says this game is all RNG is a fucking casual

how do I get inside the nexus bros
the arm reader is on the other side of the wall, and I've explored the near by crab caves do I have to head into the creeper caves as well? or am I just missing something?

You have to go into the spider caves UNLESS you have 7 base agi in which case you can boost it by 3 with hopper stuff to skip them entirely.

Oh no! a Yea Forums anonymous has found something on RPG codex that is ours. Who could have possibly done this? Was it
1. One of the members who couldn't fucking find Yea Forums even if he wanted to
2. secret

bummer, man
juicin' back to SGS to buy some leather from quinton it its then
thanks, man

t. asspained retardcodex redditor

How high can spear throw damage go?

I've seen it hit up to 4k plus.

some guy was talking about 5k throws earlier. I use a machete, so I can't really help you out as to how you reach those numbers

How much PER do I need to see stealthed crawlers? Because I got 9 and not even flares or NV goggles reveal them.

so how long until Styg nukes Temporal with nerfs?

Attached: Styg.png (166x253, 12K)

Maximum 1 month

As soon as slavonically possible.

depends on the difficulty 10+ should be enough with detection googles, but flares reveal them instantly but they need to land on them, they don't work if you just throw them and wait for them to walk towards the flares

>tfw you find the nagas beneath port crag at level 15
how the fuck do you deal with these guys? I managed to hack the plasma turrets, but they were dead in like 3 turns and they did no damage whatsoever to them
more than ten, that I know. I also had paranoia for further detection increase, but I still rarely saw them, if at all

how do i disassemble guns?

with the dissasemble feat. dont take it, its shit

with the disassemble feat

I just fought that asshole about 2 minutes ago. He has a lot of HP. I just put a magic lightning rune on the floor and shot him with ice. He was so slow that when he got to the rune 3 turns later he was stunned and I finished him off. I don't think the ice was doing full damage due to him being in the super ice room or whatever.

Ebin

Reminder to take Hypothermia feat, it reduces the target CON, it's super useful

If you're mobile you can kite them. They have a small amount of movement speed each round. The only damage that worked really well against them was electric for me.

You know, I actually feel bad for Jon the Beautiful
What happened to him? Does he has an obsession with food or he's a lanky starving skeleton?

don't know If I will be able to take out 3 of those fuckers, but I'm mobile so I shouldn't have that much of an issue, big bonus that I have about 150 total shock bolts.
thanks man

You can kill the faceless attacking buzzer's shop without angering them fully provided you don't fuck with them any more after that, right?

3? There should be 2 guarding that door.

yes
killing the mindreader is the only thing that makes you lose a point of friendship
for base faceless, its something like 0-11 killed on easy 0-5 on normal 0-3 on hard and 0-2 on dominating

Probably, but I wouldnt do it
If it's on normal difficulty I'd think it would be fine, but not on hard and above
If you're a good boy with the Faceless they will share goodies with you later

I'm playing on hard.
I can't imagine taking on all 4, or with melee for that matter.

Yeah use that torn down wall to kite them in the southeast corner of the room. Best spot.

thanks man. once I head back I'll do so

Right then, mindreader is getting chopped. I've heard theres some kind of extra dialogue or somethign somewhere in the expansion if you keep buzzer alive, so i'm aiming for that.

on hard at the moment, and desperately trying to avoid the ire of the faceless. my first character to reach deep caverns was a hardline anti-faceless, and lets just say he didn't make it out.

Help a brother out

sorry, jack
ask again next thread, this one is too dead.

Can you get all the juicy lore in expedition with 7 will?

Sorry bre, nothing at the moment
Go ahead and experiment, it's not really that hard

I'd expect spear chucking to get hit first and harder.

>Be metalfag, fighting in the arena
>Beetles on Dominating
>One challenger kills one beetle and hides
>Oddly enough, I'm the second one on moving
>Sprint and hide on a corner
>End turn
>Third challenge left to duke it out alone
*Crossbow shot*
*Crossbow shot, Beetle dies*
*Cryokinesis, Cryokinesis*
*Pyrokinesis*
*Pyrokinesis, set on fire*
*Pyrokinesis, set ablaze even harder*

*Bilocation*
*Bilocation*

Jesus christ that would have been me
Thanks RNG

Expedition already went through a beta so not much. I fucking wish some of the specializations got buffed though.

>Other challenger ends her turn
*Bilocation*
*Bilocation*
*Bilocation*
*Bilocation*
*Dies at the first hit*

Oh my god
I'm slightly concerned

Hope you brought a molotov and a flashbang

how'd it go
turn 2

I don't understand.

I just got off the island with all the hives, please tell me I don't have to deal with those things again.

Nope the marsh that they also infest can be safely skipped if you sneak around the pirates or join them.

It was easier than expected
Force Field one entrance, electric imprint the other, casted proxy
First beetle touched the imprint, stepped out and Magnesium grenade the whole bunch, send proxy in, moved back to cover
Only 2 beetles survived which promptly died to burning

>Murdered the pirates

Whoops.

Is there a way to the upper floor of the gray army base without stealth? I can't kill all these dudes even with a chokepoint

Nah you can still skip it if you kill em all its just that it usually a pain in the ass to fight all those damn pirates if you aggro them too early.

>broke rocks in that complex north of SGS
>been wandering around killing bandits for 3 hours
>now I'm aimlessly wandering down train tracks
I only have 3 str and my arms are full, send help

wear their armor, you can walk past most guys, the others you may be able to talk your way out of getting noticed.
there's a suit in an open locker near dude, in a barracks

You can get a soldier and officer uniform and use that to avoid combat. I had to start over though because once you start combat in the 2nd area the Spec Ops come out and stealth is impossible at that point.

Always carry a lifting belt with you failing that drop your stuff somewhere for later and leave a note.

I fought my way out of the middle of their base. It was hell, but as long as there's some building I can hide in to lure them into shotgun range, I should be fine.

so that's how you get them to come out. time to head back, hope I can find an opportunity to get one from stealth

I have one. I'm basically lugging around suits worth 15000, guns worth 14000 and a shit ton of repair kits. There was no need to not dissemble everything anyways as the merchants can't even afford one of these items

time to find this ratking fellow

Uhh you know if you sell something worth more than they can pay you in charons you can clean out their stock of bullets/batteries until the trading bar is just slightly past the middle and then sell those to somebody else.

This doesn't work with a female character, you can walk past some but any conversation auto fails
What spec ops guys? I've been assassinating a few dudes at a time on the 2nd floor and I might be able to finish it like this. But I'll be assmad if spec ops guys show up at the very end and slap my shit

>When you can calmly loot challengers in the arena because critters deal 0 damage to you thanks to your tin can
Feels good m8

Spec ops only show up if someone presses the alarm it tested it myself by pushing the alarm button after everyone was dead.

yes

Jesus christ. Well I think there's like 3 officers left but they're all packed in a tiny room and I'm not sure I can finish them off without one of them getting to an alarm. What room is the mineral oil in? I've already got the security keycard from the surveillance room

The real bullshit is that everybody on the floor turned aggressive after I killed the 2 guys in the surveillance room even though nobody saw it and it should have been a silent kill

The gang chick with Gorsky just flat out states the guy has an obsession with food. She dated him and dumped him eventually because he kept eating in bed during the night.

So Jon's just a total food junkie.

>SS armor gets a unique texture
>grorious tungsten uses the vanilla texture
It's not fair.

Open the gate with the keycard to get to the *mineral oil*

Oh right the gate on the 1st floor. Yeah I can do that. Thanks bro. Is there anything worth getting on the 2nd floor?

You don't have to kill the mindreader, you can Persuasion it away, and still leave Buzzer alive.

Wait
HOL THE FUCK UP

Can you actually win a round of arena vs critters with challengers still standing?
I though you also had to kill the challengers besides the critters
All these hours I killed the challengers right before the critters

Holy shit how did I miss this

There's an oddity in there I think but you can just come back later.

Shit you got 3int

Shieet

>Struggle hard making it through this pitch black cave of fucking Death Stalkers
>Get to the end after countless reloads
>Climb down into some pit area
>Black Stalker gets the drop on me and fucking MISSES somehow
>Walk into a corner, quick tinker a bear trap in front of me
>It walks onto it
>Kill it in 2 hits

Unironically lol'd so hard. Just to clarify, a regular Death Stalker has never ever missed me when it uses Sting, it has a 100% hit rate on me apparently, yet this big daddy Stalker misses its fucking hit and allows me to kill it with relative ease.
Get FUCKED Stalker scum.

Attached: 1560022255957.jpg (470x595, 81K)

>useless knife
that knife is based and saved my ass when i ran out of 5mm fuck you

Wait do you mean this gate or is there another one? I have the keycard from the security room on the 2nd floor

Attached: Untitled.png (831x656, 676K)

Yeah that one it doesn't open?

absolutely, 100% hardcore
fuck crawlers
fuck obsidian ants
fuck laser cats
fuck zap spiders
fuck creepers
I killed that big bitch last playthrough no problem as well, he is a big pushover

That one, the keycard of that gate is on the second floor, on the top right corner.
I will give you 2 hints
Officer and Bathroom

No unless I got the wrong keycard or something. Each guy in the surveillance room had one, I killed both and dropped 1 because I figured it was a duplicate

wtf am i supposed to use these for? anybody?

i crafted all of these and they suck, nobody ever walks into the gas obviously..i thought theyd work like normal grenades but they just leak out gas slowly...

Attached: shitnades.jpg (1920x1080, 532K)

Better go back and get it then

you need the magatzin keycard from the 2nd floor far office. 90 lockpicking for the back door you can avoid the patrol at, I think you can walk in the front if you're lucky and no one is around

Suggestion to balance Psi
One of the biggest reasons is so fucking strong is that Psi abilities cannot miss. You throw a cryokinesis from the one side of the deep caverns to the other, you're going to hit that fucking tchortling 100% of the time.

Psi abilities should be changed so that they have a chance to hit that is calculated on your Will, and resisted by the enemies resolve. as it stands resolve isn't very frequently a relevant stat unless you're specifically trying to do certain thought control actions. I think this would go some lengths to make psi less of an absolute game crusher, because as it stands nothing can really come close.

tl;dr fuck tunnel wizards

Attached: scientist-in-lab-scientist-looking-at-chemical-liquid-in-research-laboratory-scientist-working-in-la (1920x1080, 2.43M)

Bless you, thanks. Fuck this place honestly, it was fun at first but everything aggroing as soon as you stealth kill 1 dude is pretty bullshit. I'm lucky my build has a lot of CC and single target damage with spear throw, I'd probably screwed with a guns build or something that makes noise

I feel like I shouldn't be here right now..

Attached: uhh.png (1920x1080, 2.33M)

fuck off 95% chance to hit misser

use them before a fight
like a set up, you dig?
they're popular with crabs because they pop out of the sand based on your proximity, you can sort of see them in the sand if you get used to it
also popular with fighting the beast
wish I had some, but I pumped stealth 40 points and forgot to level chemistry

>makes literally 70 of something without bothering to try out how they work
retard
the toxic gas version of that is one of the best items in the game

as in, throw them where i think the enemies are going to go to?

or do you mean just spam layer them all around, like i do with all my other traps?

Are new weapons and their blueprints available in the beginning (first couple towns) of the base game? I haven't had the time to start my replay of this game yet.

Once you get storageroom, switch to soldier vest
Usually I dont spol this blatantly, but I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out that puzzle, I wont let anybody suffer the same I did

Yes you can get them in sgs and junkyard right away

fuck off asshole, like you never made an assumption before

throw them into a choke, on top of your other traps, they work well in conjunction with caltrops, because they'll hopefully be within the gas longer
they take a while to spread out, the cryogas grenades are kind of shit, but the regular ones work wonders because of that crazy fucking damage increase

machetes and spears can be obtained immediately by selling your starter weapon and buying them from the vendor. shotguns are a fair bit more expensive but you can afford one easily before the GMS compound quest.

>game won't save for me on linux after dlc

Attached: pink wojack.png (400x416, 247K)

yeah i also made around 40 toxic grenades but they are back at SGS, was gonna sue those when i run out of cyro

Cryogas is still decent for delaying melee attackers (ie those fucking mutant dogs) on top of caltrops

>reach nexus
>get through bottom floor enemies no problem, hand maidens kind of blow to fight, kited them to crabs
>crabs kill handmaidens
>stealth past crabs to elevator, move up to some floor
>read some terminal, refers to musical puzzle
I'm fucking worried now, man
I've seen it talked about in these threads, seems pretty infamous

Would decapitate work on the two-headed mutant?
also fuck the two headed mutant, they should really give it an actual set spawn. trying to get it to spawn so i can get all the oddities for fun is a pain.

Attached: 44993898_2171114922932608_6560930425768771584_n.png (834x870, 491K)

>decent for delaying melee attackers
thanks for the new strategy, jack, certainly going to try 'em out

>Rolled the title 'Paralizer'
>For the third time
I know I make use of stuns but this is ridiculous

anything to get rid of caltrops when a battle finishes earlier than anticipated? walking over them sucks if theres no way to get around.

Its optional

I miss my pyroblast of FUCK YOU™ sometimes

>not letting the burrower spawn wear away at you until you're at one hp so you can be immortal
plebe

Boy I sure hope I never run into those ever again

Attached: o fuck.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

Only way to eliminate them is to walk on them which on the plus side makes farming crawler poison really fucking easy.

Nah, the balance factor is already there in the form of your HP being reduced to shit and the fact you can't just craft a new psionic power, you need to go out and find that shit, and psi not really being that damaging compared to some other builds later on. They're good at CC, thats their thing. People overhype psi. It's strong, and definitely a top tier build type, but it's got actual faults and does take a while to get off the ground. Crafting proper gear for them takes a while, but you can feel the massive increase in power once you get those sweet cost reductions for powers.

should i take the red pill?

Enjoy your unique spear and possible supersteel drop

that's a relief. the terminal entry talked about the sonocaster is that the only loot, or is there something else? the main thing won't be much use to me since I have 0 guns skill.

Purple pill*

If you are going to use psi for utliliy only then wait until later

5 fucking oddity exp to boot and some assorted electronical shit too user. Beware.

Where is this? I don't think I've ever been to this place in Expedition before.

They dropped some but 110 is pretty low quality I think.

You get an oddity and some extra loot big fucking deal

How good is the spear?

Good for infused leather though

that sounds pretty good, energy edge emitters are rare as shit in shops, been looking for a high quality one. 5 oddity sounds really good as well, but I haven't seen the puzzle yet, so I'll have to decide if that is worth it myself.
thanks for your help, man.
beneath fort crag, beneath the lighthouse.

Most spear chuckers can make one that comes close by this point but its okay if you havent got the energy edge emitter component yet.

'I'm not trapped here with you'
'You're trapped here with ME'

Attached: 20190730041711_1.jpg (1024x768, 207K)

this is your most badass screenshot, rock on man

based psi hammer boi

fuck SGS, i have my own land now.

MY island.

Attached: my very own private island.jpg (1920x1080, 152K)

Ability on number 6? I still don't know what that is.

Disruptive field it fucks with ranged fuckers.

I want a stilted lake house in the middle of the water I can pull my jetskis into

Yep
Solves all my life problems against sniperfags and crossbowfags
It's a god's gift

Does it work on robots?

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the mind.

Ahahahahahahaha

What? It works on them.

Well I'm about to give up the army base. I got to the storage area but everybody was aggressive (even with the soldier armor) because I killed some guys on the 2nd floor. Went back and tried it again without killing anybody but they aggro from so far away with a female character that it doesn't seem doable, even with moving them away from their posts with grenades etc

The juice stuff doesn't even really do anything until the DLC right? I made a save with the Dude in the cave before entering the rift so I guess I'll just have to come back later and kill everyone.