Is the Ringed City the best level this gen? If not what is?

Is the Ringed City the best level this gen? If not what is?

Attached: Nice_view.jpg (1920x893, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E6Tt4eMkLK0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ahem.

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (1024x576, 82K)

>tower is a central part of the marketing
>you don't go in there

are you joking?

>dozens of high hp enemies everywhere that are monotonous to fight
>incredibly tedious cursed enemy gimmick that results in a lot of downtime
>extremely mundane traversal e.g. just climb ladders to get to the top of buildings (compared undead burg/parish's handling of this where you get a detour that takes you all the way up to the ramparts then naturally loops back into the level, there's just no competition)
>doubles down on dark souls 3's problems of feeling overly referential to dark souls 1
>a section where you have to avoid a fire breathing dragon AGAIN
>lots of boring "door does not open from this side shortcuts"
>reuses bosses from the main game as generic enemies
>ANOTHER FUCKING SWAMP LEVEL

I agree with all of your critiques, but I loved the art direction. The colors, the enemies, the bosses, the NPCs, all of that was top notch. But to be honest, I can't see myself replaying it anytime soon.

If having shit opinions was against the law you'd be in trouble, boy.

Attached: Central_Yharnam.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

good level design but it still looks like a ps2 game

>The bosses were top notch

Attached: Roll roll roll roll roll R1 R1 R1 R1.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

This poster is right.

Yes, I've seen that webm too

why do fromsoft rely so much on ladders

if you really think about the layout of central yharnam it makes sense 90% of the time but then you have the gate next to gascoigne's house with the ladder or the big bridge leading over to gascoigne's bossfight that has a massive hole for the sewer before it

Behold, the only really good area in Bloodborne

sums up my problem with DaS3. Everything looks flashy and "epic" but when you actually boil it down, all it amounts to is rollspamming with your infinity zero-stamina-cost dodges consequence-free.

Also with Gael you can literally just gimp him by going to the section of broken wall and keep avoiding him by running around from one side to the other while using something like toxic mist

t. couldn't beat Midir

Idk how good or bad Ringed City is because I can't beat Sister Friede's third form. I gave up.

Why did they release the DLC in the wrong order? Ashes is clearly meant to come after the ringed city.

You disappoint me Yea Forums, Jondosh's Mansion is true perfection and yet no mention

Attached: Jindosh.jpg (1920x1080, 392K)

i've beat midir twice, it was an okay fight (one of the few "standard combat" bosses in the game where you don't just spam rolls but actually have to maneuver out of the way and position yourself appropriately) but it's such a fucking slog

This and
>Cathedral Ward
>Cainhurst
>Research Hall
>Forbidden Woods
were all pretty good levels.

lolwut
cainhurst, upper cathedral ward, nightmare of mensis are all great just off the top of my head

>Cainhurst
One of the most linear levels in the game.

Attached: midir.png (5640x3000, 487K)

>cainhurst
bad, shit mobs, pweety snow though
>upper cathedral ward
Small and shit, ayy lmao
>nightmare of fucking mensis
Alright, fuck off

Hopefully Elden Ring will have better gameplay.

Ashina Castle is better than every soulsborne level combined.

Attached: 1564287130343.jpg (2560x1920, 1.79M)

They just released their best game, gameplay wise, a few months ago. We should be good.

Attached: Sekiro Duel.webm (1024x576, 2.87M)

I have literally never faught Midir,
I assume he's the Dragon that harasses you in the tomb area but I killed him on the Bridge to see if I could get anything from it but apparently all I got from it was depriving myself of a boss fight BAKA

Don"t reply to this post.

>no stats
>one weapon

I don't care what you think, cuck. That castle looked great. We also get to fight santa on a roof, which was probably one the hardest bosses I've faced in a souls game.

Attached: vileblood filth.png (753x753, 606K)

DS2 is questionable but the DLCs are really the best content the entire series has to offer. Shame so many people were probably turned off by the base game and never got around to trying them.

dude

Shame its strapped to a mediocre game

>which was probably one the hardest bosses I've faced in a souls game.

Attached: Martyr Logarius quick kill.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

It's easy to polish the combat when you have one weapon and a relatively short campaign, but I am hopeful nevertheless.

No it isn't, you deluded retard.

your filename describes almost all bosses in dark souls 1 to 3

>tried to replay BB
>stopped and hour in because i couldn't bear the fps issues

>that v. attack damage
Yeah, not everyone is going for a niche skill build in their first playthrough cuck. You can encounter this boss extremely early in the game too.

Based and wolfpilled

based black hand poster

>I killed him on the Bridge
No you didn't. You knocked him down into a lower area that requires an incredibly obtuse method to reach so you can start the actual fight.

inb4 the guy spamming dark souls 2 copypasta and some webm spammer or whatever

I just picked up Dishonored 2 on the steam sale and holy shit I'm kind of sad I didn't buy it earlier. Jindosh level is pretty fun but I think I like the time travel one even better.

>a relatively short campaign
Sekiro was longer than DeS, BB, and DaS3.

my favorite DaS2 DLC

iron king > sunken king > ivory king

I've beaten DeS, all 3 Souls games, and Sekiro, multiple times, and I CANNOT bring myself to finish Bloodborne. I just beat Rom and now I'm at Yahar'Gul. The enemies here are significantly harder than the ones at Byrgenwerth. Is it worth continuing?

Attached: 9gw9lE7[1].png (728x410, 494K)

>Sekiro was longer than DeS, BB, and DaS3.
Maybe DeS, but not really in comparison to BB or DaS3. It's very short, unless you're god awful at FROM's games.
Pay attention to your environment and the bell ringers, noob.

I'm playing offline.

rom is cute
BUT
ebrietas is cuter!!!!!!!!!

Attached: JS1ITQv.jpg (550x544, 114K)

yahar'gul is pure cancer, but the next area has a nice atmosphere and is much easier

you're near the end of the game so don't give up

Yes. There are mobs that respawn, yes? Look for a bell ringer that summons them, and kill her. As for the casket monsters, lure them to these burning corpses.
This some of the few times FROM has done good level gimmicks that reward the player upon finding them out.

FPBP

Sekiro sucked ass in my opinion. I was cool for a one time playthrough, but it has really no meat to it.

Central Yharham

I take care of the bell ringer, no big deal, but are you saying I can bring those assholes with whips and flamethrowers to that glowing thing outside?

>prosphetic arm was supposed to revolutionise gameplay
>outside of really basic shit it's never used

Git gud.

Attached: Owl 1.webm (1000x542, 2.98M)

he means there's chime maidens (like the ones in the dungeons)

the chime maidens are the ones resurrecting every slain enemies. Kill them and all the enemies will be mortal again

just run past every enemy, kill the chime maiden (this will stun every enemy nearby) and keep running

You know about the burning corpses kneeling in craters? These delete the casket monsters that have infinite poise. Lure them towards it.

I disagree, my second playthrough without the charm and with the bell was fucking devestating. As a result of that, NG++ and on with the charm became ez-pz shit. By the time I finished getting all the skill points at NG+++++, I was beating every boss in one go at lightning speed. It was a great feeling.

Yahar'Gul is a legit contender for worst level in a Souls game.

I'm going to do that right now. Thank you, user

That was last gen.

This fight became much easier once I discovered you could L1-cancel out of an attack.

Attached: DaS2_Sotfs.jpg (1205x1500, 209K)

>play DS2 (SotFS on PS4)
>it's shit, really shit
>give up at the catacombs 5 years or so ago
>everyone says "b-but the DLCs are amazing"
>go back this year and slog through the entire game to get to the DLCs
>they are amazing
>all of those autists were actually right
wow

Main reason I can't enjoy BB despite finishing it. By the time it released I was already a full blown PC nigger who can't stand 30fps.

not when izalith exists
at least Yahar'gul has some level gimmicks that can make it palpable to go through
also probably one of the most mysterious level FROM has made, I really like the atmosphere

Attached: Burning corpse in crater.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

youtube.com/watch?v=E6Tt4eMkLK0

there's no denying that parry spam turns a lot of the bosses into a joke

30 fps would already suck dick, but the fact that it drops into the low 20s even on a Pro is irredeemable.

the realest challenge in BB and Sekiro is beating them stylishly

I do like the giant things that are crawling all over the buildings. Another question, so I briefly skimmed a guide and notice that I was supposed to have been collected some kind of umbilical cord? Should I have done that?

How many do you have? You should have three for the secret ending. Consume them btw.

>so I briefly skimmed a guide

Attached: Zoomer.png (820x324, 244K)

>One chips away in isolation, struggling through sealed-off objectives instead of plumbing the complexity of an integrated whole.
DS2 are forgettable

I have none, I went into the game blind.

you could make a webm like this about every single boss though. speedrunners kill every boss seemingly like this

boost mode keeps it nearly locked at 30 IME

the posture system is what revolutionized gameplay, the prosthetic was just icing on the cake

those mid air deflects are spicy

It's alright. Just playthrough it. It's best you never looked at the guide though.

Did you send Ariana to Cathedral Ward?

Attached: Bloodborne-Ariana.png (790x1076, 650K)

Resident Evil 2 (2019) police station is the best level this gen.

>at least Yahar'gul has some level gimmicks that can make it palpable to go through
It was pure shit.

Horde after horde of the same human mooks that fucking RESPAWN until you kill the necormancer or whatever the fuck BB calls them, the Amygdalas shooting screen-covering bullshit while you're in the middle of fighting 5 things at once, the samey architecture we've seen for the last 10-15 hours, its shit. I just sprint past everything because its not worth the time and effort it takes to kill it all.

Seriously, why does Bloodborne NEVER get shit for throwing hordes of enemies at you when it constitutes half the fucking encounters in the game? Its all poking and spamming roll so you don't get staggered and ganked. Fuck, in the first 5 minutes the game has you run down a narrow street, fighting a good 15-20 random mooks, with more at the end, some of which stand back and just shoot you. Bb does not give you any tools to deal with multiple enemies, you have no poise and paper-thin defenses. You just poke and dodge, poke and dodge.

>boost mode keeps it nearly locked at 30 IME
During normal gameplay it's okay-ish with only a few dips here and there, but I would still get tons of drops during bosses or cop-op/invasions.

the framerate still drops a lot in old yharnam from what i remember. bb didnt recieve a ps4 pro patch like dark souls 3 did so its not that surprising it runs kinda the same on a pro

And? It was also on PS3. The gen it releases makes it that gen's game.

>Midgame boss is easy if you're overlevelled

Shocking

>Bb does not give you any tools to deal with multiple enemies

Attached: molotov_cocktail.jpg (408x409, 26K)

>Its all poking and spamming roll

>rolling
>poking
what game are you playing
also bloodborne rewards you for diving dick first into multiple-enemy encounters, rally mechanic exists for a reason

I just checked it to see if I missed anything huge. By that point I was already at Rom, having completed everything before that totally blind.To be honest, the thing with the cords is literally the only thing I remember from the guide.

>Horde after horde of the same human mooks that fucking RESPAWN
Kill the bell maiden, easy. It has ways to circumvent enemy spam.
No amount of bullshit in Yahar'gul compares to fucking Izalith and it's horrendous shitbox bosses, lava (which renders exploration), and health sponge enemy spam.
>in the first 5 minutes the game has you run down a narrow street, fighting a good 15-20 random mooks
Game encourages you to not be retarded. Lure them out and kill them. You are faster than them.
> Bb does not give you any tools to deal with multiple enemies
Lmao, are you sure we aren't talking about DaS2 here?

a lot of the weapons deal with hordes just fine too. went with the hunter axe in my first run and had no problems with hordes. unseen village, youre just supposed to run past all that shit if youve beaten it once already. and the run to the boss is short if you know the shortcut

based

>Iudex Grundyr
Big humanoid in armor swinging a sword at you.
>Abyss Watchers
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
Big humanoid in armor swinging TWO swords at you.
>Yhorm the Giant
>Dragonslayer Armour
Big ___________ armor swinging a sword at you.
>Champion Gundyr
>Lothric, Younger Prince
>Nameless King
>Soul of Cinder
Big humanoid in armor swinging a sword at you AND sometimes uses the magic attack from the Crystal Mage.

Attached: d.png (1584x1771, 2.06M)

I see this as a compliment, thats exactly how it would feel to fight a Dragon.

it's ok when miyazaki does it

Also
>muh samey architecture
So what? Souls' thematic level continuity is fucking jarring. One minute your in a field, and within walking distance your in a fucking lava castle, high up hidden in the sky.

Does any boss battle ever surpass it? I've played DeS, DaS, DaS2, and BB. This is still the best.

Attached: burnt_ivory_king_by_vulpes_ibculta-d83wz25.jpg (1600x2264, 407K)

Why are you looking at a guide you pussy

meh, just felt like a bunch of minions and then a super minion rush to me

didn't hate it, but it's pretty forgettable

>All presentation and not substance: the boss
Shit taste. Ivory was the worst DLC.

>that soulless gaze

See, the issue is that every other game has consumable items AND gives you the ability to actually build a character. Sure, I can use the one sweeping attack my weapon has, but I'm still poking and rolling.

>lol so what
literally just hand-waving criticism

I guess its okay when BB does it, but if any other Souls does it REEEEEEEEEEEEE ITS SHIIIIIIIT

there's no excuse for how fucking samey the environments are in base game bloodborne. even the nightmare areas, which should be the ideal place to let the imagination run wild and create some crazy unsettling architecture befitting the setting, are literally just featureless rocky formations.

you can be tonally consistent while having level variety

Attached: latria.jpg (1024x829, 90K)

>longer than DeS, BB, and DaS3
Nice try, it was shorter than all of them despite re-using minibosses, bosses, and areas multiple times

Attached: hagrid.jpg (445x800, 27K)

>criticism
More like personal gripes. Come back once you formulated why enemy spam in BB is bad. The fact that barely anyone mentions it, other than maybe one or two whining about Yahar'gul (a pleb filter) is a testament to the game's well structured enemy placement.
>you can be tonally consistent while having level variety
Which is exactly what BB does? Nightmare areas do not look like each other or Yharnam.
>Central Yharnam/Cathedral Ward
Eastern euro gothic architecture with grimy alleyways, burning crosses, and clustered buildings.
>Forbidden Woods
A forest with snakes.
>Hemwick
RE4esque enemy design and sky burial posts.
>Nightmare Frontier
Weird alien looking landscape with fleshy tombstones and hexagonal rock formations.
>Hunter's Nightmare
A skyline of tilted gothic spires, buildings engulfed in what looks like solidified ropey lava.
>Fishing Hamlet
A really cool innsmouth homage that doesn't rip off the lore from its inspiration either.

Setpiece-based level design is garbage

>Sekiro
>Re-uses bosses

Attached: Bait8.jpg (680x794, 71K)

its not fair to compare demon souls to the others because each world is in a completely different region

The walk to my work is more exciting than the walk through that corridor DLC

You do go there, it's the pygmy throne room pre time skip

Attached: file.png (1918x1076, 2.86M)

someone got the other screenshot for reference?

Damn, your job must be pretty fun then.

I hated the lore of Dark Souls 3, and felt the "Ringed City" part of The Ringed City DLC was the weaked part. I enjoyed dodging angels more than that boring swamp shit with rehashed ornstein rehash

>linear=bad

This but unironically.

>fume knight

so underrated

Attached: IMG_1705.jpg (1000x591, 146K)

there are no buildings between the tower and Filianore, %900 sure it's the same place just in ruins

Attached: file.png (1088x770, 818K)