I want to play dwarf priest but hate the mudslime tier goat mounts the Ironforge rep gets you at 40...

I want to play dwarf priest but hate the mudslime tier goat mounts the Ironforge rep gets you at 40. Can I run all the way to the NE starting area and stert playing there to get the rep for a saber at 40?

Attached: dwarf-priest.jpg (584x629, 68K)

In Classic?

lol, no

You won't get exalted by 40 even if you do every quest possible, maybe revered at best.

yes you can, tons of hordes run to durotar for this reason

dorf fortress thread

Attached: plumpies.png (522x400, 34K)

Attached: dorfbutt cartoon - tavern.png (640x400, 14K)

Yes, you can. It's actually the best way to do it unless you want to turn in a bunch of fucking runecloth. He should go to the level 1 area immediately and start doing every single NE quest he can.

Attached: dorfbutt cartoon - spinning lion.png (750x400, 63K)

Attached: ploimp.png (640x400, 74K)

How viable is this? Fucking hate those host mounts

see
Even more viable for a human and their rep increase racial.

lmao we all been there

Attached: dorfbutt cartoon - pull lever.png (640x400, 43K)

>roll new Tauren
>first Brewfest with the Dark Irons starts
>work my ass off getting tokens, master the brew delivery after a couple days and can run it almost indefinitely
>pick up both the regular and epic ram mounts
Such an awesome event, especially nice when mounts became account-wide later on.

best case scenario you'll still have to grind to exalted using runecloth turn ins, good luck with that starting fresh

Not possible until the AQ patch, and certainly not doable at 40 without being fed cloth for turn-ins. The reputation gains were far lower in vanilla than on private servers, so don't plan around those routes.

Is there any other way to grind to exalted? I don't mind desu.

Yes you can but you will not be not even close to exalted by 40

Your best bet for getting racial mounts without grinding rep would be the PVP Mounts, but then you will have to grind PVP

not him, but no
save your cloth

Not sure if this is in vanilla, but there is are unmarked reputations called "Alliance" and "Horde" which basically is a trickle down reputation. If you are exalted with say Stormwind, and you do a Stormwind quest, you get Alliance rep which is whatever rep you got distributed among the other 3 factions.

Also AV gives Ironforge rep in addition to Stormpike.

>Can I run all the way to the NE starting area and stert playing there to get the rep for a saber at 40?
You won't have the rep by the time you are 40. If you want a nightsaber I still suggest doing that because it will put you very close or somewhere into revered by the time you hit 60. This will get you a big head start on exalted and greatly reduce the runecloth turn ins needed. If your not exalted by the time the AQ phase hits you will be able to finish up exalted through the war effort turn ins. Also look up Morrowgrain Research and Morrowgrain to Darnassus. That quest can be repeated all the way up to exalted though it will be time consuming. Your only other option is the runecloth turn ins or the war effort once that hits.

It's certainly possible just through runecloth turn ins. Darnassus also has a repeatable rep quest which I do not believe any other main city faction had access to (outside of the war effort).

Won't you gimp yourself in the process because you won't have the IF rep for your lvl 40 mount?

You don't need rep for mount of your race dumbo.

Lel so there is really no reason not to do it. Do I have to wait until AQ to turn in runecloth, though?

just get r11 you fucking retard

Just buy a decent mount off the cash shop retard

Am I making a mistake if I don't roll dwarf priest. I really want to be a human priest because of the 5% spirit and rep bonus. Plus dwarf models look ugly. I know fear ward is really OP, but will a raid really kick me for not having the racial? It's mostly used for tanks and on fights like Nefarian and Onyxia, right?

>especially nice when mounts became account-wide later on.
Gee I wonder why we're going back

If that is specifically your reason for wanting classic there is seriously something wrong with you

It's death by 1000 cuts you ding dong

>small quality of life improvements like account wide mounts are somehow as bad as welfare epics and LFG
You're a fag

>>small quality of life improvements
>lol what's the point of needing to run to the dungeon
Yea fuck off zoom zoom

I quite literally pointed out that LFG is bad you fucking retard

play what you want you dumb fucking metaslave

But what's wrong with small quality of live improvements? Do you really gain anything from having to run to the dungeon or form a group?
Why not just make it so I don't even need to get the mounts on any character anymore

I did it at 45 in classic by starting at the NE zone and doing literally every quest that I came across, but that was late in the expansion for an alt. It'll probably still be possible on classic as well.

LFG destroys a server community and makes the world feel small and worthless. That's what's wrong with it.
Now you explain what's wrong with me being able to use my purple proto drake on characters that didn't do all holiday achievements from every fucking holiday event

>what's wrong with me being able to use my purple proto drake
>on characters that didn't do all holiday achievements
That right there, tell me why a character should have access to a feature because one character on your account does?

Because I might not always want to play that character. Because perhaps I need to move server after my guild fucks off.
Not forcing people to do a year's worth of bullshit on any new character they might make doesn't have an affect on anything you complete retard. It doesn't effect the economy, as the mount can't be sold, it doesn't effect progression because it's literally just a fucking mount that moves at the same speed as all other mounts, and it doesn't effect the server community. It's not an heirloom, or an epic given out practically for free.

Sounds like the type of thinking that results in people wanting classic back. If you want your feature creep just stick with retail, it's even out already

Sounds like you don't actually have an argument and so now you have to resort to petty insults.
I haven't played WoW since Cata fucked everything up, and I won't be going back to classic because giving money to Blizzard would be rewarding them for mediocrity.

Then this is the perfect thread for you I really must say

Good luck getting the rep. You may be able to get enough Stormwind rep though.

No Priest is still arguably the best overall healer. There are already going to be plenty of other Dwarf priests.

>It's mostly used for tanks and on fights like Nefarian and Onyxia, right?
Yes and even without fear ward tanks can just stance dance for zerker rage. On top of that you only need maybe 2 dwarf priests rotation fear wards for 100% uptime on it (it's only a 30 second cooldown) and having it on anyone besides the MT is usually not needed.