Nu-doom is slow

>Nu-doom is slow

Attached: Doom_vs_nuDoom.webm (320x240, 2.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

doomworld.com/forum/topic/88841-empirical-analysis-of-onscreen-monster-counts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The new grapple bars break the flow of movement massively since they stop then start your speed. Same thing with glory kills

Yeah, it is.

>only 12 enemies on screen possible at a given time
>crouch
>inconsequential upgrades
> Gordon's dubstep wubs

B-BUT user
OLD=GOOD
NEW=BAD

Attached: 1549854720787.jpg (785x731, 101K)

Agreed
>tfw can't even look around for your next target during a glory kill

Attached: 1520507757432.jpg (351x351, 22K)

never played any doom other than 2016, which was boring enough for me not to have finished it, but eternal looks rad

Yes. Who are you quoting, by the way?

>only 12 enemies on screen possible at a given time
doomworld.com/forum/topic/88841-empirical-analysis-of-onscreen-monster-counts/

The only shit that has bothered me in this game was enemie count too low. It was like killing one demon at the time. Completly unplayable in further levels because it got boring really fast.

You

>empirical-analysis-of-onscreen-monster-counts
You mean, you counted them.

>using the first level of doom 1
Nice cherrypicking
Most of Doom 2016 consisted of running between arena rooms (gorebags)

I'm a boomer and I prefer nudoom. Old (35fps) Doom is purely for nostalgiafags-- it's a tedious game about traversing boring mazes and shooting repetitive enemies.

Why are you faggot so obsessed with enemy counts? I'd take any one of dooms well designed encounters over meme shit like nuts.wad or serious sam's braindead kleer waves.

Wait people actually thought this? The only way I could think someone would say "it's slow" is if they are shit at gaming and played on ultra-low. The higher tiers you cannot stop moving.

i really like DOOM but enemy count really bothered me. i just felt like i was clearing room by room. its hell for fucks sake, send a wave of hell knights after me. also that, and the beginner shotgun felt like a BB gun

nu-Doom is shit.

>"I have never played Doom!" - the post
imagine trying to DEFEND a mid-2010s AAA game, that can't even do half of what a 1993's small title did.

Can't wait for the Serious Sam 4 to come out and put a sock in Zenifags' mouths with its 100000 enemies on the screen at once, on 4000^2 Mile maps.

No, people did not THINK that. We KNOW it.
Most of the fucking game is literally all about moving through empty corridors, scaling empty towers, doing menu-surfing, or WATCHING CUTSCENES of your angsty character breaking or ripping something apart. All this, while the default movement speed is a fraction of original Dooms.

Attached: Planet Badass - MANY enemies.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

>yo here's this power fantasy about you being an one-man-army demigod taking on single handed with only sheer testosterone and rage for weapons
>what do you mean "why just 12 enemies at a time"
>they're courteously taking their turns
>we're doing you a service dude
>why are you so obsessed dude come on

Attached: IstillEndUpDissapointed.jpg (510x511, 66K)

fuck i dont even like doom but i know all the nu-doom stuff is from the final area in hell and the original doom stuff is from the first fucking level. seems biased

ITT: zoom zooms pretend every og doom map was nuts.wad and SR-40/50 was default speed

Because of the endless re-spawning that DOOM has to accommodate it

>100000 enemies on the screen at once, on 4000^2 Mile maps.

Wow dude can't wait to hold S and left click for 30 minutes at a time it's going to be so epic man. Thank god I don't have to manually aim like some retarded zoomer I just want to shoot blindly and feel like a badass.

thats from the first hell encounter which is like half way through, not the final hell encounter

Attached: Actually.png (200x200, 24K)

Even the 1993 Doom could have 128 enemies on the map at once. All aggroed. All capable of following you through the entire level.
This number was doubled with Doom 2, a year later.

2016 nu-d44m is just embarrassing pile of Zenimoron's zoomer excuses and console-kids' bullshits.

>he still thinks you don't need to aim in Doom
>he thinks he can get anywhere in SS with S+M1

>hold S and left click for 30 minutes at a time
Sounds fun as fuck, if you ask me. Sometimes you just need to press a few buttons and see a trillion bullets lay waste to a trillion enemies. Rather cathartic. Simple.

>could

But didn't

it looks exactly the same how the fuck does it look rad to you

>half way through
ill give you 3 quarters but half ways too generous

see

2/3rds is as far as I'm willing to go

Slow

Self portraits aren't recommended here

Old good. New bad.

Attached: pirate chad.png (1673x2160, 1.23M)

youll take 3/5s and youll fucking like it

>what is Mount Erebus on UV
Hell, the E1M1 on UV has more enemies than a D4 can ever show at once.

Your link is not proving anything I said wrong. Just stating that some maps make it harder to have more than ~30 enemies ON YOUR SCREEN at once in D1-2; this does not mean there would not be more enemies aggroing you, outside of your FOV.

Finally, D4 is still locked at ~a dozen.

This is true in most cases nowadays.

M8, nu-doom is repetitive not slow

soibois are the ones who cream over new shit

Yeah. I meant it's correct.
Only exception I can name is supreme commander being better than total annihilation

Attached: kyoani chad cry.jpg (2620x2184, 1.8M)

it's both.

3 actually has the same problem in a different genre. Dunno how they managed that

>Finally, D4 is still locked at ~a dozen.
which is pretty much the amount you'll always fight on OG doom at once
you want to argue semantics go ahead, but that doesn't change the fact that you don't face the entire horde of monsters in a single taking, most of the time at least
not defeding nudoom because I didn't like it that much actually, but it's not the awful game that you or fit-in zoomers pretend it to be

>Why yes I do play May in Guilty Gear, what gave it away

Compared to Doom? Doom was always slow as fuck, and nuDoom really fixed that.
Compared to Quake though, nuDoom is pretty slow.

Soooo would you call it balanced speed?

Yes, it was surprisingly good.
The MP too, although the lack of server lists and custom servers really ruined that.

>serious sam

ya i want to shoot rooms filled with bullet sponges

>people still post that youtube retard that uses a toggling aimbot
why is everyone so stupid

The only bullet sponges are the highlanders. Everything else dies in less than 4 shots.

>4 shots
>not a bullet sponge

That's only the Biomech Majors before you get a cannon.

New Doom is fucking slow though. Unless you are speedrunning and know the maps by heart, just about every section you will actively look for enemies to kill. The only way Old Doom is slow is if you play easy mode and are overly cautious.

you can literally make every game look fast if you play like a spastic

TA artillery still feels much better

How are people taking this bait?

based