Are video games becoming increasingly boring each generation or am I just aging out of them...

Are video games becoming increasingly boring each generation or am I just aging out of them? I literally have to force myself to play any current gen game that it isn't a continuation of an older series. All of the games I can get any enjoyment out of are from the ps3 era at the latest.

Attached: 1556464471268.jpg (750x747, 149K)

It's you. Now stop posting.

Sorry, I should have included this in my post. I'd prefer if zoomers not respond to these threads since you lot have less experience thus are more likely to be easily impressed by mediocre games. Thank you for the effort.

A lot of them are shite now yeah, corporate garbage
Try some First Party Nintendo Exclusives, they'll sneed your chuck right up

>I'm worried that I may be outgrowing games
>I only want responses from other people who may also have outgrown games
>Hey! They don't like current gen either!
>I guess vidya must legitimately getting more boring, which means I was right!

Boomers lived through older generations of vidya and are living through the current one. Zoom zooms are only living through this one. It's all they know.

most games are boring yes. shit like god of war, etc., basically any movie game is boring as fuck. multiplayer genres are being simplified by the release as well. there's still a lot of fun games to be played though, some good indies like hollow knight and mayybeee bloodstained, other bigger titles like dmc, edf 5, etc.

I guess, but there must be a better way of assessing the absolute state of video games

It’s not him. Every single game released in or after 2007 has been objectively 100% pure shit made for casual shit-eaters, vidya is dead. If you had any semblance of taste for good vidya, you too would see that and be unable to enjoy anything produced during last 12 years.

I'm 24, I don't know how old you are. It really depends on alot of things. When life is uncertain and my situation doesn't feel secure (just about all the fucking time) then I can't enjoy games. I'm in school to become a theater professor. Shit's stressful because to get hired you kinda gotta be willing to move wherever you get hired. But I guess most professions are like that.

I personally feel like its a little bit of colume A and a little bit of colume B. As I grow older I have less drive to play games but by and large games are also a lot worse than they used to be. I mean yes they look nicer but the vast majority of them are pure cookie cutter shit that dont try anything new or remasters of old games.

This

New Nintendo exclusives? Never liked post-gamecube Nintendo. What're some games to change my tune?
Every once in a while an Indie will come out that I enjoy a lot but are usually too short, an attempt on an older game's gameplay, or both. I really liked Dusk and Maximum Action.
Zoomers that play boomer games allowed in this thread. They are experiencing older titles more recent than us so they are less likely to be affected by nostalgia.

user bait aside if you have to force yourself to do anything that doesn't give you money or food that you desperately need then you shouldn't do it.

The target audience for Western AAA games are dumb as dogshit Americans that find the act of reading to be mentally taxing. That being said there has been plenty of amazing games this year. REmake 2, DMC5, Sekiro, Bloodstained, CTR:NF.

I force myself to play new titles when I buy thinking they'll be fun but end up being a slog half way through (and passed the refund date) because I want to get my money's worth. I stopped pirating because my isp is starting to get sick of my shit.

what is that thing?

Are you implying that reading tonnes of expositional shit in a game is fun? I read books when I want to read, video games are for shootan demons and cutting up goblins.

A bull terrier

I typically don't play many games nowadays but I've put about 15 hours into the new Fire Emblem game. I'm 27. There's plenty of good games out there, you just need to look for them.

you are just getting older and vidya is not enough any more. go out and fuck around in the real world. vidya will always be there and be all the sweeter when you do finally sit down and get to play.

I mean I have had tons of fun reading good expositional shit in games

Nah vidya is just shit and has been since about 2012.

walter

Attached: DoWo3unU4AA2etL.jpg (926x1200, 148K)

bepis

This.

Also, variety is important. Play a whole different genre of games. If youre a pc bro, perhaps move to the Switch or if youre a PS4 bro jump to xbox next gen.

is it vicious?

Me too but good games with them included are not better for it. They are good in spite of it.

I'm an idort (ps3 + pc). Only ps4 title I'm interested in is Bloodborne which isn't enough for me to spend money on it. I'll get a ps4 if Skate 4 ever comes out.

Attached: 1561082537201.png (540x421, 210K)

Depends on how they are raised mostly. They were originally bred for dog fights and stuff so they are liable to be aggressive to other dogs but not so much to humans. Unfortunately the kind of dick bags who often buy bull terriers do so because they want a vicious dog and treat them badly.

so it's a pitbull then.

Similar but a different. One probably came from the other or both came from another dog.

Attached: pitbull.jpg (234x315, 22K)

holy BASED

No, bull terriers are not naturally aggressive and actually make great nursing dogs. They're really chilled out and calm around kids surprisingly. They just look spooky and have a bad reputation. They have a similar breathing sound to pugs when they get hype but most of the time they're pretty quiet.

29 year old boomer here. I've been playing games for 25 years. First game was Super Mario World. I'd say it's a little of column A, a little of column B. Anyone with a brain can recognize the overall decline of many aspects of video games and the industry, but the fact is that as we get older and we assume more responsibilities in life, video games alone won't cut it. I still keep up with new games and play for at least an hour or two a day. But it's not the same as it was, and it never will be.

No it's true. Compare games in 89 to 99 to 09 to 19. Games used to innovate alongside technology but now there's little that tech won't let us do in terms of gameplay. Mediums like films introduced artistry alongside tech but the games biz is basically like Hollywood now and it's killed creativity.
I used to play a lot of Western games but now I barely touch them, because Japanese games are smaller budget and generally take more risks. If this keeps up even normies will get sick of the same shit and eventually jump ship.

Attached: 1405725575899.png (502x472, 379K)

Interestingly fighting dogs are absolutely not supposed to bite people at all because if a dude needs to get in there and separate them the last thing you need is a dog fucking biting them. If they did bite that guy they get put down.

>shut up zoomer
>used underage meme

Every time.

its a combination of the two. games actually have gotten worse artificially because of increasing exploitation due to abusive microtransaction schemes and pay to win mechanics, nullifying the point of playing a fucking videogame in the first place.

OP has also gotten older and is able to recognize this unlike zoom zooms that are literally picking on eachother for having default skins in fortnite. best to find another hobby honestly, this one's fucking done.

Attached: 1445972464054.jpg (482x427, 36K)

As opposed to taking opinions from literal children who haven't even graduated high school?

>Gen Z (Zoomer)
>~1995 onwards
The oldest zoomers are 24 years old, gramps

You're on a website where a 13 year old is a boomer.

games are getting worse
I can play an old game that I've never played before and still enjoy it

It's not entirely you, but a bit is.
Stop playing new games that get heavily advertised. Anything with a massive marketing budget tends to make "safe" (see: boring) decisions so everything ends up becoming a copy of a copy. No new ideas.
Indies (if you can dig through the shit ones) and handheld games (provided you can handle a small screen) tend to have smaller budgets and can take bigger risks with gameplay.
This isn't an era of "throw things at the wall and see what sticks" -- it's an era of "this works, so keep making it until it stops working".
That's why you're disenchanted by modern games. The magic of something new is gone.
Or I could be 100% wrong and this is just the ramblings of a drunk man.

Attached: B7F3B39B-632B-4BE5-ACB4-F33218E9856D.jpg (335x344, 26K)

>le tired gamer thread
Kill yourselves /r9k/ fucks

Everyone gets tired, user.