ITT: Underrated games in their respective franchises

ITT: Underrated games in their respective franchises.

Attached: The Legend of Zelda_ The Minish Cap-01.jpg (1000x1000, 958K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zelda.gamepedia.com/Doppel
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Both Oracle games are even more underrated
I liked the ring system in it, lots of fun little gimmicky ones like the punching ring
Sad that Vaati and the Oracle villains have been left behind and forgotten

Attached: onox.png (786x1017, 615K)

I feel that the minish cap was originally supposed to be the origin of the master sword and that's what the picori blade eventually became, but then skyward sword retconned it. Not surprising that the same director of minish cap did skyward sword either, both games have a lot of similar aspects.

It's unfortunate that Nintendo is so rigid with their franchises and never lets them experiment, Ganon now has to be the main villain in every game and it has to be the same story every time with no variation.

>Worst selling zelda game
>Best 2d zelda

why? What went wrong? Released too late?

>Released too late?

I think this is it honestly. It's one thing to release a game late on a full console because it's still viewed as a much bigger game but a late release on a handheld I feel is pretty much a death sentence for a game.

Minish cap has simply too many flaws. The shitty length is definitely one of them
The graphics are god tier though

Honestly, most of the 2d Zelda games barring LttP are underrated. Seems like most people just care about 3d Zeldas only.

Only good Toon Link game too.

I think Wind Waker is good, but I do think the sailing was mishandled.

Honestly haven't played the DS games so I can't say one way or another how good they are but the stylus based controls didn't sound great to me.

Attached: Screenshot_20190726-085504_Gallery.jpg (886x1276, 468K)

Sly Cooper Thieves in Time.

I just want them to remember the Four Sword exists again.
Triforce Heroes was apparently originally supposed to be a Four Sword game but they decided to change that plan.

But Triforce Heroes is practically another Four Swords

I would love a new four swords game for the switch, an actual piece of hardware it would play great with since you don't need shitty link cables or the laughable setup of having to have gameboy advances and a gamecube for four sword adventures. Switch is practically designed for it.

Attached: DD-Four-Swords-Adventures-Switch.jpg (800x532, 175K)

What exactly is going on in tri-force heroes that there's three links? Is it even explained?

It's the best Toon Link Zelda but that doesn't mean much. Honestly, it's a pretty basic 2D Zelda. Solid, but not really outstanding either.

In multiplayer it's just three inexplicably identical people who can fill in the Link archetype.
In singleplayer Link is around and he's assisted by two animated dolls called Doppels.
zelda.gamepedia.com/Doppel

They just somehow had the massive coincidence of 3 Link esque people be born in the same time period.

How much did it sell?

I suppose it's no more unrealistic that link keeps being reincarnated over and over in different timelines to battle ganon over and over agian, could just say this time 3 happened at once I suppose, even though only one of them fought ganon I guess.

Twilight Princess is the best Zelda game and anybody who says otherwise is wrong.

Think of it like how Wind Waker Link was apparently not a reincarnation but still somehow fit most of the criteria for Linkhood.
This time three such being were born.

Pretty sure that has been retconned and that he is a reincarnation. Being of the same bloodline isn't a requirement anymore, it's just someone who fulfills the prophecy of link is that current reincarnation.

I too have a giantess fetish

Attached: Boorish+foregoing+hummingbird_5942aa_7107495.jpg (1200x1464, 277K)

That's a big Zora.