Advice? Zoomer here

Advice? Zoomer here

Attached: photo.jpg (900x900, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fliegenfuerst.github.io/dw1/
youtube.com/watch?v=TtZifR4xQyw
youtu.be/3Nw1URPqXp0
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/913684-digimon-world/answers/183075-what-are-all-the-care-mistakes
comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/29/digimon-story-ps4-announced-bandai-namco/
gematsu.com/2014/06/bandai-namco-will-consider-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-localization-petition-reaches-50000-signatures
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go to gamefaqs and look at the old guides. Also, dont bother training for Ultimate level until later in the game. Use your first several monsters to get the important monsters to the city. You need better meat and the clinic ASAP, the fast travel & item shop are also important to get early on. And whatever you do, time things so that you're able to beat Greymon when he appears, because you can get stuck in an infinite loop that forces you to restart the game if he traps you in jijimons house with a baby Digimon

Thanks! I was told that this game is obtuse AF

More advice:
Get a good fishing rod early on so you can fish for the carp that extends lifespan
Dont be afraid to abuse the infinite money glitch
You're gonna end up with Numemon & Vademon, but dont stress over it, they'll carry you through the story if you know what to do
Btw, you can take Numemon to toy land for a free Monzaemon, just take him to the doll.
Cherrymon can train your brains stat really fast, this will give you more options in combat.
The restaurant is always preferable to meat if you can afford it.
Speaking of, weight is absolutely the most important factor to digivolving, next to care mistakes.
Learn magma bomb as early as you can from the goburimon in drill tunnel.
Airdramon is also a surprise attack like greymon, but hes late game so hes easier to handle.
Have fun playing the best Digimon game and the second best critter game next to Monster Rancher 2. Pokemon a shit

Greymon appears at 15 "city level", jijimon can tell you what its at, he has something like 4k health.
Look for palmon in the forest to upgrade the farm early, coelamon and betamon get you an item stand.
Train your digimon at the gym, but let them fight to. They learn new moves from seeing others do them, and battling is required for some digivolve forms
What ever you do, don't let it poop outside a toilet, files the virus meter and you'll end up with sukamon, who blows dick. Numemon has a use, but I won't spoil it for you

BASED AND DIGIMONPILLED

Like I said don't recruit anyone that puts you over 15 (I think...?) prosperity before you're ready, because without healing and mp items stockpiled Greymon will fuck your whole save file. And remember, digis add more prosperity the higher level they are.

Shockingly high-quality thread.

Don't forget the charts people have made, OP. And IIRC, "Care Mistakes" can be more than letting your Digimon shit itself.

Disregard Digimon.
Play curling.

Yeah but king sukamon can fix ant sukamon you get so at that point it isn't much of an issue. Sometimes I'd get sukamon on purpose just to clean up the shit on the ground and make the game load faster, then go to King to get my Mon fixed

Best OST of any game ever, the nighttime themes in particular are sex for your ears

Med. Recovery is broken with how cheap it is, once you met Mojyamon on Freezeland you can trade them for an expensive item, sell the item and buy more MR until you have maxed money or you get boring, but remember to take an autopilot because the animations can glitch if you repeat this too many times in a row.
Also, quick attacks with low MP cost are enough to finish the game, Spit fire is great for this, if your digimon attack non-stop it can prevent your opponent from attacking.
DONT talk to Giromon in the city, is bugged.

Oh shit yea, OP once you recruit Gyromon DO NOT SPEAK TO HIM AT THE RESTAURANT. If you really wanna listen to the ost so bad it's on YouTube, no need to glitch your game.

what happens if I do?

Don't play the PAL version, that shit has a game-breaking bug that makes it unwinnable

Comfiest areas? For me it's
Grey Lords Mansion
Gear Savanna at night
Misty Trees at night
Ice Sanctuary
Beetle Land at night
Factorial Town
Ancient Dino Region

Check this shit: fliegenfuerst.github.io/dw1/
Would have love to have this when I was a kid

>Don't play the PAL version, that shit has a game-breaking bug that makes it unwinnable
I will use this: www.romhacking.net/utilities/838/

git gud

It's winnable

You can get to 50 city points without ever going into ogremons fortress. It's just harder

>Check this shit: fliegenfuerst.github.io/dw1/
>Would have love to have this when I was a kid
I will use it! :)

Who else /first gen ultimate without guides/?

Attached: megadramon.png (800x598, 217K)

Yeah but Ogremons storyline is one of the most fun rivalries on the PS1

I can do that now as an adult, but I call bullshit on anyone claiming they could do that as a kid back in the day

Andromon

I always got him
He's pretty based

I was pretty mad that Next Order didn't have him. Also Monochromon gets shafted from appearing in all the new games too

>calling yourself zoomer

Attached: 1378731798184.jpg (400x562, 28K)

>tfw bunch of comfy Digimon threads recently

Attached: 12876451283467.jpg (1280x867, 339K)

So did you guys know that WereGarurumon was gonna be in the game but they only modeled his feet?

I got Metalmamemon just fucking around in the forest killing everyone i found because i didnt knew how to leave.

He was the first Ultimate I got too, I think winning alot of battles was his most important evolution requirement, and that's why he was easier to get

>don't do bonus games unless you want to savestate as even if you get it sometimes the game will fail you anyway
>go to the beach at dusk to get the jungle then revisit it to get coelamon to open a shop in your town.
>after you hit the jungle try to get centuarmon quickly. His doc shop makes training very care free to avoid the very easy to proc "tired" state. General rule of thumb is rest once or twice every 6-8 training sessions
>botamon is another easy grab who improves your shop again in the jungle
>brain lesson sessions can teach you moves
>consider hording the chips you get from bosses for later; as you get a lot and you can easily push a young digimon very far hording them
>shops sell porta potties after 3 members are recruited, most item shop guys come from gear savannah
>WATCH THE FUCK OUT FOR PIXIEMON HE WILL PUSH YOUR SHIT IN IF YOU SEE HIM IN THE JUNGLE ON THE FIRST SCREEN. He's an ultimate so don't bother until you have at least a strong champion.
>same shit applies to mamemon and metalmamemon though you should be able to handle metalmamemon by the time you get access to junktown
>monochromemon's shop is a infamous roll of the dice. Weedmons are your 1 number enemy, while gotsumon is your best friend
>dont feel bad when you get numemon or vademon
>the card vendor in the upgraded store can pay out all rarities of cards so if it's the second half of the year don't feel afraid dumping credits into the machine if you need points with gekoshogunmon
>getting to beetle land is a hassle but worth it if you like training guys at the base gym as the recruits there upgrade your rewards at the gym
>a lot of digimon have alternative bonus digivolution conditions. Most basically guarantee the evolution if you get it. Look into that.

probably some more shit but hopefully that's a good base.

You did finish all your medals, right Yea Forums?

Attached: 1389206574836.jpg (560x840, 52K)

It's shit. It's literally strategy guide bait so you'll be playing it with a guide up at basically all times to make sure you don't fuck your digimon up and end up with numemon.Especially if you want more than just like centarumon

I did last year, fuck curling, but still not the worst.
Raising every digimon gets boring once you have done everything else and you just want to kill your current partnet to raise the next one and finish that shit fast.

Is Ultimate Poop Hell the best attack name ever?

Keep an eye on the time of day your mon wakes up after you let them go to sleep, having them stay up late doesn't count as a care mistake unless they go past their wake up time. This frees up 6-7 hours to keep training/exploring

>walk through the forest to get 99 shrooms: the game
lel

OP you still here? Don't give up on this game, it's a real gem

t. Cyber sleuth pleb

what's wrong with Monochromon's shop? even as a retarded kid I had no problem with it. In fact, I enjoyed it because it was my main source of Bits

vademon is garbage

>No file city at night.
You had one job user, remember this playing at like 3am when i'd play this game as a kid always made me sleepy so i'd avoid the city at night, at night irl.

youtube.com/watch?v=TtZifR4xQyw

where'd the time go...

Mainly that it waste hours upon hours of your Digimon life and you might not even get anything out of it

Never played them. I had this game as a kid and it tells you literally nothing about how any digivolutions are actually acquired other than vague "just train lots" which means nothing when there's pretty fucking specific details including battles and weight to take into account.

I got andromon as a kid first gen without knowing how.

I didn't get an ultimate for a long time after that though because i didn't know what the fuck i'd done right the first time

Replay value and artificial lengthening of the game. Remember, this was in the age of rentals and that didn't make devs any money. Enforcing buying the Bradygames guide ensured that people actually bought the fame rather than renting

Enjoy poop

Greymon doesn't appear no matter how high your prosperity rate is until you actually talk to Jijimon about all the new Digimon you recruited. So just don't talk to him until you're ready to fight and then save before talking, that way if you get fucked you can just go back and pretend nothing happened.

>put controller down
>go play a better game

You can stunlock stronger enemies by spamming shitty early game attacks and slowly chip their HP away.
You learn abilities by getting hit with said abilities in battle or by increasing your INT.

Attached: 1560472252053.gif (336x176, 538K)

brains also increases your odds of learning those techs your mon won't learn naturally in battle.

>tfw game came out I bought it and slept over my friends house for like a week
>we played in literal shifts to grind for hours
>alternate sleeping
Jesus fucking Christ we were retarded

got one vademon when i was a kid, no idea how
rest of the mons where the literal shit ones

There are some web apps that tell you the requirements. There was one in jess.monks.io that was quite pretty and easy to use but the site is offline now.

take your shitmon to toy town

the fuck ive been playing this game for years and i didnt know half this shit

you're retarded if you believe this
they just wanted to make a good game that doesn't treat you like a braindead retard, like pokemon did

It's a legendarily cryptic game my friend

Why did they make this game so unorthodox? The gameplay sounds nothing like the anime and really doesn't make sense. What were the devs trying to do?

agumon > numemon > teddymon
easy

>Have game as kid
>Pick night over day
>Get the starter that's not Agumon
>Lose fights and restart
>Get Agumon
>Spam ranged fire attack to win fights
>Don't train at all
>Transforms into numemon and is back to being shit
>Restart again and train and take care of Agumon
>Transforms into Monochromon and we go on adventures
>After a few hours it begins to transform again
>Goes back to Numemon
>Rage quit forever
I'm not sure just how brainlet I was playing that game as a kid but I never got that far and couldn't stand that shitmon. I know now you can turn him into a powerful digimon later but back then it was get Greymon or bust.

>Finally get a Champion that isn't Numemon.
>It's Tyrannomon

Attached: psZDvT8.jpg (2132x1839, 730K)

Digimon World 1 pro here, these are the only tips you need.
-Get Palmon IMMEDIATELY
-Get Betamon Immediately.
-Get Centaurmon immediately.
-On day 15, you will see a rain plant, do not use it, and instead use it to get Veggiemon.
-You CAN catch the lake guardian with a trash rod.
-Ultimate digimon are not as necessary as you think. Champion level digimon with good/fast moves are all you need.
-Carry portapotties and auto pilots at all times.
Figure the rest out on yourself, faggot.

Attached: 1393615788620.png (325x276, 111K)

They were trying to convert the V-pets into game form, not the anime

I just started playing this, got centarumon as my first mon, was pretty fun till he fucking died and I had to start over. I barely had any time to train gabumon up as it was, feels like i'm missing something because it's like 80% grind at the gym then the rest of the time you're out trying to complete storylines.

as you progress your stat gains get larger and raising becomes easier

You dont need high stats to finish the game, quick attacks and items let you finish the game at 3000HP/300 Atk, you only want higher stats for tournaments.

training at a station with a baby or in-training digimon 10 times permanently upgrades that station
you can also upgrade them with a training manual
and by recruiting bug digimon
its not as bad as it looks

I'm not talking about high stats i'm talking about letting the digimon digivolve at all. a large majority of my time was spent at the gym for the 3 or 4 hours i've been playing so far, and it's getting boring on my second digimon since the first one fucking died.

This game is older than the stupid anime, it's based on the Tamagotchi. The anime is based on this game, that's why they both have file island.

This game is on my remastered list. Would love to see one.

Even Digimon World 2...now that was... interesting...

Tyrannomon is way cooler than Greymon, he was the real mascot before the anime happened

>one fucking died.
I Hate pokemonfags. This is how critter raising simulators work. Be glad you aren't playing Monster Rancher where it hits you with sad music, a funeral, and a crying waifu.

You dont need ultimates and champion is just one stat at 100 and the right weight (usually 20).
If you know what are you doing you can get an ultimate with minimal training, mostly fighting a lot and keeping the weight at the right number for what you want, i usually just progress the story non stop and finish the game with my first digimon who will be at really high stats because of all the chips you get early.

I love monster rancher, because when it dies I don't have to spend hours grinding up a new monster to just get it to a point it's battle capable.

It doesnt take too long to go from baby to champion, if you want to make it decent for battle asap just train HP/Atk until it become rookie.
Seriously, you dont need stats for most most of the game, just complete the city and then spam Digitamamon's food until you have max stats or stop at 300 (or 600 for tournaments).

Is a PS emulator the only way to play this and monster rancher?

Well yeah, that's the difference between a tournament based game and a story based game. I mean if you want to fight the betamon in native forest it doesn't take much but obviously theres less to gain than going to the D rank cup in monster rancher
I still have two copies, a main and a backup of both games from childhood that I play on ps3. I dunno what the prices are these days.

Are 2 and 3 worth playing if I like the first one?

Not really, if want something like the first one play ReDigitize (PSP/3DS) or Next 0rder (PS4), they are actual sequels.
2 is a dungeon crawler and 3 is !Pokemon but better.

They're JRPGs and aren't really like this game at all. If you want more of this games style play Redigitize and Next Order. I think Next Order is the better one. Digimon World 2 sucks but Digimon World 3 is one of the last great JRPGS on the PSX

>Digimon World 2 sucks
I'll fite you. It's a decent dungeon crawler. Black Sword 4 lyfe.

Holy fucking based

How does Monster Rancher even work on an emulator?

this thread gave me a heart boner
you are all good lads

Attached: 63076334_p0_.jpg (800x1130, 174K)

>A good game
>Can literally softlock yourself out of progressing because of the devs thought it was smart to put an untelegraphed, unavoidable fight in front of your spawn point in a game where your fighting capabilities frequently change

sure

Just don't bother and wait for Re;Digitize Decode to come out. The TL'ers claim they'll have it out this year,probably gunning for a December release.

DW1 is a game that had it's concept not fully thought out. You spend too much damn time in the gymwhich is just repetition of minigames ,you lose progress too frequently to get sent back to the gym and unless you literally know the game like the back of your hand your hand you will get fucked over as if you were playing an extremely retarded Roguelike

Just don't

Attached: screenshot_114pllm.png (800x480, 296K)

It was remade as Re:Digitize on PSP and then it got a 3DS port with more content called Re:Digitize Decode

Next Order on PS4 is a sequel, it added a lot of QoL shit to make the game less obtuse and progress more even.

Next Order and World 1 shit all over Redigitize, you're waiting for the worst product, setting yourself up for disappointment

The problem with both those games is that the atmosphere, environments, and ost are pale shadows of World 1. Next Order tries to replicate the aesthetics but only here and there. Ultimately it's still walking down low detail corridors like many of the Digimon games released from the PS2 era onwards

>DW1
>Again the game where you can softlock yourself is better than ReDigitize

>Next Order
>The shitty game that introduces Material grind and also does the absolute worst city buidling is better than ReDigitize

This I wanna fucking hear.

>not liking all three games despite their minor flaws
user, theres better ways to keep this thread alive than low effort baiting

Pay attention at the game when you're playing it... hard to do since zoomer I guess. Don't get Gabumon.

Attached: 1449130643507.jpg (178x180, 14K)

>tfw I got Andromon from the starting Agumon
Rest in peace you goddamn bro.

Attached: holy crackers.jpg (250x250, 16K)

>user THIS mad he got bopped by Greymon

you know if you lose to greymon he fucks off, right?

Gabumon is fine. I mean, yeah it's easy for a newbie to train offense and speed to get Meramon but with Gabumon they can get good evolutions too

>Sonic jab
No, he's not. As a patrician I can tell you Spit fire breaks the game, only idiot zoomers can't tell for shit.

Attached: 1562048703617.png (576x345, 351K)

But why would you want to use spitfire the whole game when theres fun moves like the mecha attacks, or even cool fire moves like prominence beam?
The most broken attack is the ice one that paralyzes anyway

>whole game when theres fun moves like the mecha attacks, or even cool fire moves like prominence beam?
By simply paying attention you can notice the critical flaw on those.

>High power = High MP consume
>Higher animation while casting the move

With this, Spit fire fucks them over by being low cost in MP and interrupting their flashy attack. If you adquire Poison Claw you seal the deal.

Congratulations! I beat DW1 for you.

Attached: 1521805326409.png (500x391, 214K)

if its hard for you, then jump to next order

spit fire has long wind up time and a SLOOOOW projectile, what the fuck are you talking about. only baby bubble is slower. you're gonna get BTFO by literally everything

Spit fire is good for early game. By Late game you want shit like Ice Shard and wind cutter.

Save your chips at the bank, after Airdramon pops up, its final dungeon time, you're gonna need those chips.

Magma bomb, Ice Shard, and that flip upside down Dimension attack shit all over spitfire

The game freezes

my advice for zoomers is to grow a pube

Also wrong; it is mid-range which helps it a LOT. Specially against Greymon. The only thing that can BTFO are; attacks with short animation frames or poison status.

Spit fire is all benefits.

This is the first time I've ever laughed at a zoomer joke. Fuck you man.

nigger before spit fire projectiles makes it to the enemy you're gonna eat 2 megalo sparks

Enjoy Tyrannomon eating you out of house and home with the amount of food it eats

did anyone else get their v pet today? I forgot I pre-ordered one before I got a call today.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (582x640, 38K)

You won't see Megalo spark until the last third of the game fighting Chickenmon.

i'm happy my favorite game has a 100+ reply thread. carry on

Attached: fc (1).png (756x627, 399K)

magma bomb is ass. i'd rather hit them with 5 spit fires for the same amount of MP and not get hit halfway through my animation

i have been trying to shill digimon on Yea Forums and /vp/ for years and it insane the traction this franchise has picked up in the past few months. god bless digimon

Attached: 1560856093595.jpg (1378x1378, 262K)

>i'd rather hit them with 5 spit fires for the same amount of MP and not get hit halfway through my animation
By that time you also get a Finish move.

youtu.be/3Nw1URPqXp0 in particular is one of my favorites

So what exactly is considered a care mistake in this game? I remember back in the day when we had "wow it's fucking nothing" for information people were arguing over whether the sweat drop icon appearing counted as one or not.

Didn't someone data mine this game a few months back and figure out that you can abuse the care mistake system in some way?

damn, this shit brings back memories. why would the world ditch pre-rendered graphics

>Shit on the ground
>Get tired
>Gets sick

>The only care mistakes that exist are:

- pooping on the floor
- not feeding your Digimon (till the bubble disappears)
- not letting your Digimon sleep an entire night

Everything else you'll read on the Internet (tiredness, losing battles, getting sick, etc.) are NOT care mistakes!

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/913684-digimon-world/answers/183075-what-are-all-the-care-mistakes

Attached: pawnchessmon_by_j3rry1ce-d8uvnwt.jpg (520x350, 28K)

Speaking of bullshit, its some grade a faggotry that certain moves are boss only.

Yeah, this is pretty much directly adapted from how the original v-pet devices are.

>Everything else you'll read on the Internet (tiredness, losing battles, getting sick, etc.) are NOT care mistakes!
Horseshit.

Attached: 1311213929779.png (339x338, 28K)

in the spirit of this thread i will start a new playthrough of DW1

Attached: Monochromon2.jpg (320x320, 62K)

doesn't matter, spitfire is a slow projectile that the enemy can: overpower or dodge to the side
it's seriously insane to me that youre suggesting using a 50 dmg slow move for the entire game

Mine came in early last week. Went in-store to pick it up and they only had 6 total, but thankfully still had one of each color so I got to choose the one I wanted. Chose Red/Brown for anime Agumon evolution line.

I do a yearly playthrough. I remember I got phoenixmon once and I could not fucking believe it.

Attached: 1313730888768.jpg (347x346, 8K)

They reserved Gray for me but I don't plan on ever linking up with another one, let one alone 5.

Attached: 20thAnniversaryVPET.jpg (1280x704, 101K)

I do as well, just did about a month ago but this thread makes me want to fire it back up again. I've been killing my first digi lately so I don't have to start with Agu/Gabu every time. Makes me feel bad every time I do it though :(

yes you can let your digimon sleep 1 hour a day by not letting him sleep until the very last hour of his sleeping time range and use that time to train or do other things

What the FUCK

Attached: zAuxnTw.gif (220x220, 874K)

>A digimon video game sold over one fucking million units on a single system
god bless cyber sluts

GOD DAMNIT ITS ON THE TIP OF MY TOUNGE
LIKE A COUPLE MONTHS AGO Yea Forums COLLECTIVELY FOUND OUT SOMETHING ABOUT THIS GAME THAT RELATES TO DIGIVOLVING THAT NO ONE ELSE FOUND OUT YET SHIT. I THINK IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE HAVING YOUR DIGIMON FALL ASLEEP FROM BEING AWAKE TO LONG DOES NOTHING

Attached: 1556775156166.jpg (413x459, 71K)

More like God bless No National Dex. Being able to get every Pokemon each gen was the one thing they did right that kept people buying the games and excused their laziness with models and removing previous gen mechanics. Now that that's gone everyone who never gave other monster collecting games a shot is trying to find a replacement series for Pokemon after the disappointment that is Sword & Shield

I'm pretty sure we discovered that being tired doesn't actually do anything, so you can force them to train until they fall asleep themselves

>you will never go back in time to 1999 when every shop was filled with digimon snacks and ice cream

Attached: digimon_in_wonder_cup_by_rinacat.jpg (480x640, 63K)

>There are currently FOUR Digimon games coming to Switch

Soooo Agumon is in Smash right?

I got Cyber Sluts on my PS4 when it first came out, but still haven't played it. Is it worth jumping into? Don't think I want to spend money again on the Switch port.

Attached: 1561735477608.jpg (750x890, 151K)

I've always like Pokemon and Digimon equally, but everyone always insists on a franchise war and automatically discredits Digimon as the inferior. Sucks this is what it took for people to pay attention but I'll take it

Attached: 1559177996208.jpg (2500x2000, 1.6M)

>Cyber Sleuth/Hacker's Memory
>Survive
>

Attached: Golemon_head.png (178x178, 52K)

Some other lad claimed there was an easy mode regarding the digivice question

Is Next Order ever coming to PC? My PS4 bricked so I can't play my copy anymore.

Cyber Sluts
Hacker's Mammeries
Metal Grey(mon) Survive
the giant new Digimon Story that they've been working on for about 4 years

A new digimon story is coming?

The next Digimon Story was announced. It seems to have a much bigger scope and budget then any past Digimon game, and they only made Survive and Hacker's Meme as sort of smaller holdover games to fill the gap since development of Digimon Story is taking so long

comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09/29/digimon-story-ps4-announced-bandai-namco/

The new Digimon Story is only announced for PS4 currently, but Digimon is obviously multi-plat now so a switch launch is inevitable. It's supposedly intended to be the giant kingpin Digimon game that completely cements Digimon Story as the large scale mainline core franchise

Quick reminder that Namco said that they would listen if people showed interest in modern ports of the classic Digimon games

Should I be feeding my Digimon everytime I begs for food or what

i had no idea. that sounds amazing and i am overwhelmingly excited. right now is the perfect time for that as well.

Attached: tumblr_ptgths7r2u1swk5jvo1_1280.jpg (1280x960, 386K)

Yes. Not feeding it is a care mistake which will get you a worse evolution

Holy shit, I forgot to write my posts, but yeah, feed your digimon, he is full once it does a little animation, like Agumon's double roar

Why don't people like Next Order? I heard it fixed most issues

Whoever decided that the toilet should be on the other side of a loading screen should be shot.

But I was the one who decided that

>>WATCH THE FUCK OUT FOR PIXIEMON HE WILL PUSH YOUR SHIT IN IF YOU SEE HIM IN THE JUNGLE ON THE FIRST SCREEN. He's an ultimate so don't bother until you have at least a strong champion.
Advice kid me could have used but learned the hard way.

What I personally don't like about it is that there are no surprises. Recruitable Digimon stand in the same spot 24/7 and if they don't outright tell you what they want from you, they drop not so subtle hints. Completely different from World which had multiple triggers and hoops you had to jump through to even encounter some of the recruitable mons. If you played blind and the stars lined up perfectly without you even knowing that it happened and there was suddenly a completely new digimon standing in an area that you thought was already fully explored, it was a massive holy shit moment.

Attached: knight.png (1146x400, 486K)

Seconded, I was fucking speechless once he dropped the bombs

Attached: botashot.jpg (500x323, 13K)

Imagine this game but the speed was naturally set to 10 times what it actually is.

Do you mean digimon world THREE? DW 2 wasn't /that/ bad

No, I mean 2. For fuck's sake, I tried replaying it the other day and the tutorial match takes almost five minutes just from how long each attack takes.

what could they do? they're not gonna remake the games so the best they could do is make a straight PC port, but I guarantee they lost the source code to that so that'd be either impossible or impossibly not worth the investment

Did someone mention DW3

Attached: digimon world 3.jpg (408x364, 79K)

I'm still made this and the rest of the Digimon World games never made it to PSN classic.

>Still no mods with digimons from DW2 and card game.
Why? its current year

This is why I like dw1 so much. that feeling of discovery

time to post partners?

Attached: Gazi2.png (1586x442, 405K)

Is it normal that this game runs at 20 FPS?

I never got to beat this because the friend I borrowed it from got anal and refused to let me keep playing it.

Okay who do I send my strongly worded email to? Is there a petition? Let's do this shit. This game deserves a new port

Does change.org have any effect on these things?

I'm gonna preorder on Amazon. These are like the Japanese 20th anniversary ones right? By that I mean that we can pick any egg we want instead of needing to buy five different colors like in the 1990s?
PLEASE RESPOND

I got this game for my 5th birthday and wasn't internet savvy and smart enough to beat it until I was 12. Have replayed many times since.

>not having 2 memory cards and copying save files so your Digimon can fight each other

You should focus on /vr/ instead, because the PSX games were the best anyway

We should have these threads again on /vr/, that's the appropriate place and its slower so the thread will catch more attention. No need to bother the pokefags

Because they're foolish. Imagine how huge a modern prerendered Resident Evil could be.

I managed to get all three of the Megas in the game. HerculesKabuterimon was the best of them. Although at the time, they weren't Megas yet since the anime didn't make up that level yet

>dodge to the side
Miserable fool, you haven't realised the mons don't dodge in this game and hardly move allowing an easy lock with spit fire.

Dodging is only a thing in wide areas and that barely happens, the only thing one should worry is a super if the enemy blocks too much.

No, it sucks play Next Order. Cyber sleuth is for weirdos who hate raising simulators yet are somehow fine with grinding for dozens of hours. I don't understand why they're so autistic about their monster dying. Once again, I blame Pokemon

God i wish

as long as they make sequels to Next Order on the side I'll be happy. It's a fucking monkeys paw if they start making only jrpgs

They didn't do that too much either. Also, you only need like ten medium HP and you're covered.

Most of the time they don't. But it might have had an effect on this gematsu.com/2014/06/bandai-namco-will-consider-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-localization-petition-reaches-50000-signatures

Scamco is known for pulling this shit, like they'll consider doing something only if fans purchase this other product and stuff like that.

Yeah that's why they constantly fail to put out Gundam games in the west, because they translate a shit one like New Breaker or the Dynasty Warriors and are like "welp looks like the Gaijin hate Gundam" despite then testing the water with the worst games and anime the franchise has. Blanco are stupid motherfuckers. They have the most profitable franchises in asia and continuously fail to market them in the west, through what at this point I can only assume to be actual hatred of white people

Nah, it wouldn't be the same at all. It far more better a spiritual succesor.

It happened with DBFZ as well. Bamco is not that bad in this regard; they actually deliver in comparison.

Why are Digimon games so fucking great and have so much soul?

Pokemon is unplayable without a hack which allows you to catch ALL vermin. I'm a completionist nigga i aing't gonna settle for 80% of all Pokemon.

Yeah. I'm liking them more and more since they started making most of their games multiplatform and even re-releasing current gen exclusives like Cyber Sleuth. I'm hoping this is working well for them so they can keep doing it.

I love this game, but let's not pretend that obtuse is the same thing as "not treating you like you are braindead". Unless you know the specific requirements for each evolution you kind of just train and battle and hope for the best. The weight requirements, mood requirements, care mistakes, battle requirements, and specific stat ranges are restrictive enough that you will never really know why something did or did not evolve into something in a casual playthrough. Evolution to Ultimate also only happens maybe once every several hours of playtime, so it's not like you can experiment without an insane amount of playtime or via abusing save states. The game is unforgiving, but evolution without the use of a FAQ is pretty braindead because you kind of have to hope for the best.

You guys did get your digivice right bros? They're already out at fucking gamestop over here in SoCal for $20.

Attached: JPEG_20190729_230843.jpg (459x612, 51K)

>Do you have a Digivice
>no
>Oh. Do you have any friends?
>no

it's nostalgia cashgrab, wake me when they release a modern one

pretty sure you can sneak out of the Greymon fight by hugging the wall towards the right

What are some good digimon games to play other than OP pic? I've already played the Cyber Slut games and loved them.

If the website is still up head over to Monster Rancher Metropolis and look at the insane math equations requiem to effectively Combine in Monster Rancher 2. That's shit is the most insanely obtuse thing I've ever seen, and yet some people were able to autistically craft their state in certain alignments to create baby monsters with 500+ in all stars, allowing them to max out every stat halfway through its lifespan

CAN YOU PICK YOUR EGG OR NOT GODDAMMIT

Dawn/Dusk, World 1 & 3, Redigitize/Next Order, Hackers Memory.
Whatever you do, don't play Data Squad that game is retarded. The same enemies over and over, barely any digimon and the first Mega you can get, Shine Greymon, is far stronger than any of the hard to unlock ones, which is the most dumb, backwards shit I've ever seen in a game

no

I've played Hacker's Memory as well, i will try the rest. Not sure about the old World games, i've never messed with PS1 emulation. What about World 4? Any good?

Play Digimon world 2 on 4x speed

the Japanese ones can, what the fuck fuck Bandai

Never played 4 but it's a shitty diablo clone I heard. You just play as Rookies who use swords its incredibly stupid

isn't that the one in which you explore dungeons inside some tank thing? i have faint memories of it as a kid.

Finally. A reason not to regret importing the damn things for 60 bucks

Yes you can, but not with you first digimon unless I just forgot to check. The manual makes it very clear you can switch eggs later at least though.

What else do you really want? I can see a modern backlit screen being really nice, but I appreciate the simplicity and portability of a keychain device I can train and battle with.

They're identical to the JP ones beyond the bandai online event compatibility.

Attached: tumblr_prpzp82df71uon9hao1_500.gif (438x246, 1.18M)

Yeah. It’s a very grind-y dungeon crawler, but I love it

no it doesn't
people have datamined the game to hell and back; Brains unlocks additional commands up to 500, decreases MP usage at 600, 700, 800, 900 and 999, and has a tiny chance of learning new tech every 50 points.
% to learn a new skill from combat is a fixed percentage calculated from your mon's and the enemy mon's main type (i.e. combat, mech, etc). The only requirement to learn the skill is to have the enemy use it at least once (doesn't have to hit).

Mamemon was my first ultimate aside from Monzaemon

I had the best time until it died

Attached: mamemon.jpg (320x320, 47K)

>can stay up an extra 7 hours per day and have my mon sleep the last hour
>ultimates become piss easy to get even before maxing out the gym or learning 49 different techs
>game no longer poses any challenge

Attached: 1555736264617.png (646x751, 507K)

All I want is a backlight and color screen like the tamagotchis have now.

Speeds up replays I suppose
Okay, that's a relief. I wouldn't put it past Bamco to be that retarded
Mamemon is a classic. He was one of the very first Ultimates after all.

Greymon will not appear if your Digimon is a baby.

I swear I remember it very differently. Of course, as a kid I think I didn't save when sleeping because I couldn't really read very well, so that could be a part of it

And people say Digimon isn't edgy.

literally nobody has ever said that

>impossible to 100% the game
>winnable

>it's not Tyrannomon
>it's Centarumon
fuck this shit

seeing the city get bigger and bigger and changing as you progress and recruit more Digimon was great

i just stop feeding him whenever that happens and spam train brains, at least hopefully i'll get some techs for his successors out of his useless ass

>brains
This is exactly how you get Huu-haa-hee!

That's what you do with Numemon. Train it's brain and maybe he will get some decent moves for next shit-element Digimon you will get

I beat the game without a guide way back then. Sure it took a lot of trial and shitmon to get some understanding but it's not difficult or cryptic at all to figure out what/where to go and stuff after the first few hours of play.

I remember playing this game with brother.
My bro had many diverse champions.

And when I played, all rookie Digimon evolved only to tyranomon.

>find the memory card with the save
>load it up for nostalgia
>Megadramon, my first and only ultimate
>before I can even take a single step, he dies from old age

Attached: 1543771130418.png (497x732, 483K)

I feel for you, I had a Megadramon once, he was awesome.

I think this is true, once my digimon died in the house after losing to greymon but didn't appear after I left.

After you die to Greymon, he won't appear unless you talk with him again

>What about World 4? Any good?
No, it's horrible.

Many people on /vp/ like Digimon, the problem is that the mod don't.

Agumon > Tyranomon > MetalGreymon
and
Agumon > Monochromon > MetalMamemon

i had no fucking clue how i did it, so it never happened again.
My brother thought that i was hiding how i did it from him when the second one evolved.

Man i got stuck in the machine city when i was a kid and never went back, also got stuck in the mansion in the forest too

>friend got the official prima guide full of useless information, if no outright misinformation
>he never got anything other than vademon
>i somehow get a phoenixmon which the guide only acknowledges it exists, and its requirements are redacted by a TOP SECRET

Attached: 1557069168681.jpg (498x456, 18K)

If someone tells you bug island exists, tell them to fuck off.

Attached: 1560395707750.jpg (180x136, 5K)

I've been crazy nostalgic for this game lately. It's one of the few games I've ever sold and it's probably the only one I regret selling.

I remember both of these being true. Talking to Jijimon after a prosperity of 15 triggers Greymon, and if he knocks you out, he won't show up again unless you talk to Jijimon again.

I also had that guide. I don't remember much from it but I resorted to the digivolving guide a lot. It's crazy to me how some 15+ care mistake ultimates not only exist but were pretty good. I also somehow got all 3 of the secret ultimates, once each, with no idea how I did it.

It's okay user, Seadramon and Beetle Land were some of the last things I ever discovered. I never did figure out what Chickenmon's statue near File City's toilet was supposed to be, though.

You get Phoenixmon by having either Kokatorimon or another that I can't remember (Shellmon i think?) and dying once. When you die it has a 10% chance to instantly become Phoenixmon.
He's honestly the easiest Ultimate to get.

I heard the only color exclusive Digivolutions are the Anime Agumon and Anime Gabumon lines. Red/Brown & Blue for Anime Agumon. Yellow & Gray for Anime Gabumon.

I didn't evolve it via death, it evolved from Airdramon. I know that for a fact because I'd reset the game every time I lost a battle, before the game even had a chance to load in Jijimon's house.

I played this on my phone with an emulator and finished it in 8 hours. I must have been a really retarded child because it was so easy. I evolved into an ultimate and rekt through the entire game. Was an absolutely based experience.

>Have fun playing the best Digimon game and the second best critter game next to Monster Rancher 2. Pokemon a shit
It's been well over ten years and Digifags still have an inferiority complex, kek.

Bug island is based if you like bug digimon, it has a special tournament exclusively for them where you can learn op skills.

Which you can participate if you have one of the 4 bug type mons in the game, and reliably win only if you have H-Kabuterimon, because you can't face a mon in the tournament with the same type as yours and the AI H-Kabuterimon is strong as fuck.
And your reward? The item to digivolve to H-Kabuterimon. Great design.
The real reward of Bug Island is the gym upgrades. The Kabuterimon that teaches you the Bug tech is good too.

Attached: 1539975701183.gif (448x252, 1.99M)

>the AI H-Kabuterimon is strong as fuck
First time I saw a 999 stat in a tournament, I just closed my eyes and let it happen

digivolution items not increasing your stats nor lifespan is such a shit fucking design choice. that trash is only useful to fill out the collection tab and to sell for money

aw come on.
Still one of my favorites DMW game.
I'd love to play the same game with a bunch more of content. (maybe a slightly faster battle)