Baldur's Gate Thread

Let's talk builds for a newcomer what's the best set up for a solo or three man party,also baldur's gate thread

>Wizard
>Berserker
>Fighter

Attached: I'M SORRY THAT YOU FEEL THAT WAY OLD MAN.png (640x480, 287K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar2700.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=gcWGIkIHLFg
youtube.com/watch?v=KUASUdWiPlA
warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278
shsforums.net/topic/60450-restore-bg1-spawns-bgt-spawn-tweak/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y7r2Z3FfZk74NdAVHuZuiNmWh14y1tAytNrsFMSY7zc/edit#gid=0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate_(novel)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Someone redpill me on Icewind Dale.

Jaheira IS a CUTE mommy wife user! You SHOULD have Jaheira IN party BECAUSE she IS a CUTE mommy wife! Druid is NOT as simple AS Cleric BECAUSE of Level 14 BUT Jaheira IS still cute user!

Attached: Sequel Jaheira.png (210x330, 136K)

Icewind Dale IS a GOOD game user! You CAN create your OWN wife OR you CAN wife Accalia IN Temple of Tempus IN Easthaven user! It CAN be MULTIPLE wife paradise user!

Are you ok user?

I AM overworked ON wife catalog AND supply user BUT it IS okay user I AM okay user! Thank YOU user! You ARE a GOOD user!

bumping with vampires

Attached: Vampires.png (800x600, 408K)

i like misc now that i actually have him in my party

he get's better later on

FUCK Drizzt.

Been trying to kill this faggot for hours. Closest I've gotten is Badly Injured.

Yikes

thanks bro. he is just a likeable retard to me

This question is going to get shit on but nobody talks about Pillars of Eternity anymore in other threads.

If I got to the last boss and had relatively no problem getting to him but am getting absolutely destroyed by him am I just being a brainlet or should I load a save from before the final dungeon and improve my party?

Attached: pillars.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

Are you cheesing it properly? I remember I trapped him with some party members, kicked them out then spammed arrows for 30 minutes.

Awesome graphics and music and very combat focused.

here is your new portrait, bro

Attached: post-8913-1202947656.jpg (270x375, 39K)

I remember not even knowing who he was the,him getting killed some some random lightning bolt & getting his amazing armor for free

What! Anons do NOT talk ABOUT Pillars of Eternity BECAUSE Deadfire WAS bad user! Deadfire WAS bad it DID remove wife IN ending user it WAS stupid AND it WAS bad user! Anons do NOT play wife games TO have wife leave IN ending user! It IS bad! Obsidian IS bad AT wifes AND wifes story user! I DID back Deadfire BUT I will NOT back sequel AND I will NOT forgive Obsidian FOR removing Xoti wife! They ARE bad!

Attached: Xoti.jpg (210x330, 59K)

I'm trying not to cheese him.

I've got a full party of level 6s and 7s, and I'm prebuffing with Oils of Speed, and Potions of Strength and Heroism, as well as spamming him down with Wand of Summoning, but he's just taking everything and one-shotting my CHARNAME.

I've got a bunch of mods installed (playing BGT) so maybe he's stronger than usual.
It's fucking annoying going through all 7 casts of my Wand of Summoning and seeing him still Uninjured.

If I were to beef up Imoen's stats high enough could she be class changed into say a fighter instead of a thief?

for like only baldur's gate 1. after that no

That's pretty impressive, i've never tried to down him fairly since he's even tankier (-10AC) than the vanilla Sarevok (-1AC). I'd wait until you're level capped and just about to finish the game, but good luck you villain

You should probably load a save from before the final dungeon.
Getting to the boss isn't a problem at all, and is actually easy.

Builds?
What is this 1990?

I was gonna but my Reputation is high enough that if I turn in the Nashkel Mines quest half my pary leaves, and I was gonna kill him eventually so I'm just trying to do it now to knock of some Rep.

I guess I'll just have to go do Durlag's or something.

>Baldur's Gate has good dialo-

Attached: SEETHING.png (1920x1080, 2.03M)

good point. counterpoint, i enjoy the game

1 is great
2 is tryhard powegaymer shit

>*chuckle*
That's all EE bullshit.

>builds
I wish...

Attached: Grave Robbers.png (640x480, 334K)

>using emotes

what in the bloody hells is this??

Attached: even donny is freaked out.jpg (600x600, 397K)

>fucking trannies

Attached: 1564135463386.png (285x448, 232K)

bump

thanks for the tip it actually worked & it changes her paperdoll as well!

Attached: Woah.png (640x480, 337K)

yeah no prob, unfortunately bg2 has a canon party/ending so she is gonna turn into a mage next game

You'll need to give her 17 STR for that, which takes multiple runs for STR tomes, or just EEKeeper it.

Oh god, he is spilling from /vg/. Go back you freak.

he has been here every thread

Problem with waiting is that you get his his gear later

Wasn't there an old trick you could use in the EE version for cloning items,I don't think the originals had any way to do it though

>three MEN party??

Attached: Triggered.jpg (225x225, 7K)

i always toss this bitch into the blender in the first opportunity

>canon

why would they railroad you into a "good" party when the first party members you meet are an evil halfing fighter & some crazy old wizard?

I found something interesting that might be useful for first timers

forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar2700.htm

Attached: forgottenwars.png (1344x613, 668K)

idk. it is a major complaint of the game link btw

Guys, remember to support our friendly beamdog devs with axis and allies. Don't be like other sites or forums who kick them for shilling their game... in bg subforums.

>save me from the gnolls!
>nearly drowns party in gnoll gore explosions like a fireworks grand finale
>thanks for your help!
>flies away
>y-you too

is there any quests you're locked out of after doing Spellhold? I like to rush there to get Imoen

Attached: APES.gif (404x416, 204K)

someone post the pasta

>runs

you can get more then one of each tome?

Attached: Mermaid.png (82x127, 12K)

One stat has 3 tomes, either wis or char

No STR then?

it has amazing ambiance m8

youtube.com/watch?v=gcWGIkIHLFg

youtube.com/watch?v=KUASUdWiPlA

you should probably stop playing this stupid game

How viable is an all wizard party will I get slaughtered by wolfs before reaching lvl 2?

Why's the thread so dead tonight everybody off adventuring in II huh?

>what is a question mark

Just starting BG1 for the first time ever lads, give me some tips

Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

6. warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278

Attached: Beamniggers.png (661x245, 39K)

It's wis

Install BG1 NPC Project, it makes the game much more lively.
You also might want to install BG1 Unfinished Business to make some plot points more satisfying.
There are magic books with +1 to each stat and +3 to wisdom max. Use them to make the main character a bit stronger, your companions won't get bonus stats when you port your character into BG2, unless you are plaing with Trilogy mod.

Install Imoen Romance in BG2

I gave up on Pillars with the intention of going back and finishing it after , but I never ended up going back because Bloodborne came out, and then after Bloodborne I played Witcher 3 and after Witcher 3 I played MGSV and then after MGSV I played.. ect ect I just never got around to it. It wasn't malace I didn't hate it or anything it was just apathy.

Is it worth going back to now? I remember being very bored by it's world and lore but I think I always feel that way about new Fantasy settings especially when you're just starting out and you're in that phase where you know you always start out assuming the world works like Tolkien which is usually like 65-70% because fantasy always uses Tolkien as a basis and then you have to find out that remaining portion of ways it's not like Tolkien by reading those in-game lore books. I know people shit all over Forgotten Realms as a setting but FR is familiar. It's another 70%/30% Tolkien/NotTolkien fantasy but it is familiar so I don't have to do any work to get into it. I already know who everyone is and something set in FR is a comfortable place I don't have to do a ton of legwork to fully understand. When they refer offhand to Neverwinter or the Sword Coast you know where they're talking about firsthand. Meanwhile pillars had it's own cosmology and just getting into it by playing the game wasn't working because the narrative the game was telling wasn't gripping or something. Like after the Wticher 1, I was somewhat invested in that cosmology so I read the Witcher short stories and part of that novel series and that really did improve my enjoyment of those games because now when someone says something about the world I know who or what they're talking about thanks to that one short story set in that location.

Oh, and you might want to dual Imoen into mage at level 6/7, if you have an extra thief. Level 7 is canon, but whatever.
Also, give everyone a bow/sling. Bows are amazing in BG1.

Is there an Imoen Romance for BG1? I actually don't think a romance for Imoen is very fitting in BG2.

>tried to kill Drizzt for seven (7) hours
>couldn't do it
Feels bad man.

>think about playing Baldurs Gate 2 all day at work
>get home and smoke meth all day
what is this?

equip all of your party with ranged weapons
have a mage spam wand of monster summoning to distract his attention

I liked Pillars but I'm kind of a noob with the genre. Only other game I've played is BG1.

Want of Monster Summoning is weak as fuck after the nerf. Drizzt literally kills everything it spawns before the summon animation's even done.

One time I wanted to kill him, I found his corpse and checked combat log to see a random lightning killed him. Found it pretty funny
Whatever, one tactic I used was right click on him repeatedly so he keeps talking and not attacking to gnolls. After gnolls bring his health down enough, go ahead and do the finishing attack

welcome to my world. hell is the next stop

I'm trying not to cheese him.

I figured a party of Lv6-7 fighters and thieves'd be enough, but he just oneshots everyone. I can't out-damage him.

I've gotten him to Near Death one time. I have to have absolutely perfect RNG with the Wand of Monster Summoning and get Ogre Berserkers, they're the only things that can seem to hit him or hurt him, but if he targets them he one-shots them, and if there's still hostile Gnolls on the field the OBs will not attack Drizzt before them, even if I sit there and spam left click on him.

So basically I'm having to whittle Drizzt down with my party until the Gnolls are gone, then hope I get OBs from the Wand, then hope I can live long enough and keep Drizzt's aggro so that the OBs can actually hurt him.

It's fucking suffering.

That would be incest

I already live in Florida

Yeah I don't think killing him without cheese would be possible without huge luck

>when the first party members you meet are an evil halfling fighter and some crazy old wizard
When I was a kid, I ALWAYS left the map by walking north of Gorion and had never met Montaron and Xzar ever. Well, not until I played the game as a teenager and explored more

Well you meet Xzar and Montaron first but your quest is to meet Jaheira and Khalid. They fight when they're in a party together and Jaheira and Khalid should survive most of the time since they're fighters
Minsc being canon always surprised me though. I killed him the first time because he seemed too mentally unstable

Imoen, Khalid, and Jaheira definitely make sense for a canon party. Figuring out who the last two would definitely be more difficult. I don't like using Minsc most of the time, but other probably do, so whatever

I never take Khalid and Jaheira for long, now Coran is definitely my guy. Yeslick/Kivan for a second slot.
I'm using Minsc just because Dynaheir has a cute accent.

I like Coran a lot but he comes in way too late for me to use him every game. I looked for a mod to make him available earlier, it still had the wyvern quest with time limit

Is there a mod or something to make these games turn based? This fake real time but turns shit is gay as fuck.

Attached: retard is retarded.png (141x188, 13K)

>make my way through Spellhold
>release the crazy niggers to fight Janny
>use new Slayer form
>they all turn on me instead
>somehow manage to die
>fight him normally
>goes down in 10 seconds
Am I getting memed on? Is this edgy shit even worth it?

Attached: 155156912460.jpg (640x916, 52K)

Good, it's a fucking fantasy world set in a faux-medeval period, incest shouldn't even be remotely weird especially if it's used dramatically and not in a lightheated cute way. Just look at European nobility at a equivalent time if only one of your parents or grandparents being the product of incest you'd be incredibly lucky.

Even fucking Tolkien had incest Drogo Baggins and Primula Brandybuck are second cousins on his mother's side making Frodo the product of incest. Arwen and Aragorn are first cousins 100-something times removed as Aragorn greatx100 grandpappy was Elrond half-elven's brother, Elros. Hell if you go even further back into the mythology that inspired fantasy you've got Siegmund and Sieglinde from the Ring of the Nibelung who are twins who fall in love.

Also if they don't know they're siblings who cares, it'd be a fun little shock to them after they've bumped uglies a few times to find out they're actually related, Tolkien used this in his story the Children of Hurin where the dying Dragon reviles to the Hero that the women he loves and recently impregnated was actually his own long-lost sister, a shock so great he commits suicide.

Attached: Turin.jpg (540x457, 90K)

if you stay in slayer form too long you start taking damage and eventually die,dumbass

>his legion of fagets come to steal his shit away anyways
made me just enable the console and zap them to pieces, bunch of nofun weenies

It's aight, supposed to be multiplayer focused. But who tf plays it online anymore. If you like leading a party of mutes around with no personality of their own, then it's the game for you

to be desu mutes with no personality are far superior to annoying faggots that won't shut up

I did it for here user, I'm so sorry. I went lawful good and killed all the sjw shit.

Attached: NEERA.png (206x333, 166K)

Any summoner/necromancer character?

Consider suicide.

Is making a party of all Neutral Good characters possible, or do you fall one short of a full party?

based

Not worth it then. Nice. Love me some useless mechanics.

Just play D:OS2 or wait for BG3, zoomer.

retard

I'll take that as a "we're friends now" kinda way!

Attached: 1375896122105.gif (800x600, 812K)

>summoner
Druid, especially totemic kit.
>necromancer
That's complicated. Cleric gets a skeleton summon spell at 3rd spell level, but they suck. But they stop sucking when you reach level 15 and turn into total badasses with 90% magic resist.
Mage gets the same spell, but later.

Also, there is a wand of summoning which is OP in BG1 and pretty good in BG2.

Alignment types ranked

lawful evil > lawful neutral > chaotic neutral > lawful good > neutral evil > neutral good > true neutral > chaotic good > chaotic evil

>BG3
Tbqh after shitshow that was OS2, I'm morbidly curious as to how bad Larian will fuck up BG3. It's not like BG1-2 were pinnacles of game design or storytelling, but still.

I've been playing Warband recently and I thought some BG companions were bad. These bitches just don't stop fighting

anyone played through the BLACKED pits stuff?I've been soloing it as a kensai>mage but I'm stuck on the bhaalspawn fight since his slayer form is immune to time stop and I seem to be getting dispelled by something every second

>EE

I have a 4k, zooming in is nice. Sue me.

I pirated it though if it makes you feel better.

Minsc and Edwin provide the next blatant companion choices, point you to another companion, and are located where both Khalid/Jaheira and Xzar/Montaron point you. They also beef up your party before entering the mines. Every other companion is out of the way at that point, even Kivan, Garrick, and Kagain, the other plausible options on the way to Nashkel, involve exploring areas not explicitly related to the main quest.

Edited dialgoue. Someone here is trying really really hard ...

>CN
>that high
They're always fucking faggots who think they're special

Yeah he's fucking strong. I'd just come back later. Killing him properly is awesome and much more fun than cheesing.

I felt like Pillars was just vomiting exposition at me in a way that felt totally unnatural and stilted. Didn't help that most of the characters were boring too. I had high hopes for it but I quit around when you get the keep thing and never started again.

Playing BG1 for the first time and I'm stuck on Kahrk how do you beat this guy? I saved right before he turned hostile so I can't get out of the fight and he keep destroying me.

Party is level 2 btw.

Load a earlier save cuz you're not beating him at that level

I can't my only other save is chapter 1 start.

Give me 3 good reasons to bother with that shit when I can use Enrage to negate magic nonsense and keep my 140HP you fuck.

Been a while since I fought the guy, can you really not try running away? You can leave a map while in a fight

He starts out the fight immediately by using power word: sleep on someone, if I try to run he one shots however it hits.

Do they get fucking obliterated or do they just die and keep the grey portrait?

It's usually Xzar or Imoen he casts it on so yeah splatted into bits. He did it to Kahilid once and he only turned grey so should I just reload until that happens?

yeah this user is pretty based and maybe even redpilled

more like this Anonymous IS a BASED and REDPILLED poster! He makes GOOD and QUALITY posts and IS a GOOD poster!

If a character dies, but they're greyed out, you can resurrect them at a temple

That's the most interesting part, though. Obsidian somwhow made all those exposition dumps so fucking boring that barely pay any attention to them. I mean, Bioware still can't explain how things work in their games without MUH CODEX, but PoE went too far in the other direction. And there's not much to explain, to be honest, but the exposition just keeps coming and doesn't stop coming and you can't even hit the ground running.

Do you type your posts like that by hand, or do you have some kind of auto-correction bot to do it for you?

Nestled atop the cliffs that rise from the Sword Coast

nigga I'm not him

To be fair, you could always make your own party in Baldurs gate as well. But it is nice having the option of more charismatic companions as well

I thought DoA explained stuff enough in dialogue but went to details in codex, which was fine imo. PoE feels like it gives the codex version in the dialogue

Meant DA:O obviously

Listen carefully. If we ever become separated, it is imperative that you make your way to the Friendly Arm Inn. There you'll meet Khalid and Jaheira. They have long been my friends and you can trust them.

people with GOOD and BIG brains can figure out someone's posting STYLE and emulate IT in a matter of SECONDS

I'm sorry you feel that way, old man.
UGH. HEH. HEH. UGH.

Well, Origins was nice in that regard. Also almost every explanation was short and to the point.
>Alistair wat templar do
>They use lyrium to dispel magic and hunt mages down to put them in towers cuz Chantry say so.
>k thx
Like that.

>That shift to modern D&D rules is the biggest clue we get as to how the game will play. It means saying goodbye to the Infinity Engine, for starters. “Those were great games for their time, but next year is 2020 and you can’t do the same things you did back then. No one would want to play it. Well, people would want to play it, but it wouldn’t meet the expectations of a modern video game” says Vincke.
>the expectations of a modern video game
>I asked if Baldur’s Gate III would have turn-based or real-time-with-pause combat.
>“This is one of those interviews where we’ll be saying ‘We’re not talking about that yet’ a lot,” Vincke said. “When it comes to the combat system, we prefer to show it to people rather than talk about it. That will hammer it home. But it will still be some time before we actually show it.”
what did he mean by this?

Attached: waffle man.jpg (237x213, 8K)

Zbudowana na szczycie skał, górujących nad Wybrzeżem Mieczy

Attached: piotr-fronczewski[1].jpg (644x429, 31K)

>that last point
So it's turn based then. If it was the same as the original games they'd just say as much, but they don't want to piss off the nostalgic crowd they're aiming at with the "Baldur's Gate"name

It means they will fuck everything up, but didn't came up with excuse for it yet.
Larian can't make a good battle system to save their lives, but what I fear for the most is the story. They fucking suck at making a good story and non-irritating characters.

>here's your writer bro

Attached: larian writer.jpg (357x458, 37K)

>Larian can't make a good battle system to save their lives

Attached: 1422988000005.jpg (400x462, 25K)

Well, he isn't a trans-nigger political activist, so that's something, I guess?

So what I'm supposed to get from this is he's an ass man?

Attached: 1490966926747.webm (444x764, 1.52M)

I agree, it was very fun destroying armor and chain CC-ing every enemy in OS2. Pinnacle of RPG gameplay, truly.

>pronouns in bio
>inane details/fetishes
>his posts
Doesn't fill me with optimism tbqh

I didn't play OS2 but I doubt its combat is worse than unmodded BG. People usually only remember BGs' combat with mods

>I didn't play OS2

Attached: NN0nYwD.png (610x462, 420K)

>sense of humour
>good taste
>male
How is this not better than a transexual demikin? Sounds like you're just looking for things to be mad about bro.

Although I like IE games a lot, D&D rules are pretty dumb for a computer game. A lot of the rules are about roleplaying and they're designed to be fairly simple and quick so that the game can keep flowing (after all, it's based on manual dice-rolling). In principle, there are far better RPG rulesets for a computer game. Nonetheless I'm sure they will fuck it up spectacularly.

OS2 is proof that a game can still be shit with turn based combat

I have some confidence on them , i enjoyed both divinitys up until the last fight in both games.

They have trouble conveying the "epicness" of important fights.

If you have played either (or both ) of the divinity OS games try to remember any of the big fights , you probably have already forgotten them.

Im more worried about they adding a totally unnecesary crafting gimmicky system or some other bullshit

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 212K)

>sense of humour
>good taste

Well, there's that, but really, I expected something much worse.
It was a miracle IE games worked at all, considering all that. I'm really not sure Larian can make this happen again. Either they will stick with D&D rules and we'll get another load of 'fighters hit things and can do nothing else', or they will make some kind of unholy monstrosity by combining D&D and their own retarded rules like armor system or something like that.

>Either they will stick with D&D rules and we'll get another load of 'fighters hit things and can do nothing else
It's based on 5E, so there will, at the very least, be 4e-lite combat maneuvers and each class will be a bit more distinct.
That, and Baldur's Gate warriors had tons of access to consumables and other on-use abilities that allowed a "grenadier" playstyle.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker, another loosely based sorta-D&D game, has pretty good ideas on giving warriors more stuff to do.
I'm optimistic.

They have trouble conveying anything in fights. And trouble making original skills and abilites that aren't 'Deal x-y damage and apply effect if target has no armor'.
inb4 BG was the same - IE are 20 years old, for fucks sake.
Also, voice acting (esp. for the narrator) is hilariously bad, it makes every scene look like a deleted scene from some fantasy B-movie.

boobfag detected

You'd rather the game be dry and humourless and have filled with women with flat asses?

Larian humour is garbage and their women look like shit anyway

If humor consists of 'lol I talked to chickens, kek I farted' like in OS 1-2, then yes.

Larian *chuckle* humor reeks of Tumblr and Reddit. You can almost *rolls eyes* picture every fucking joke as some 4 panel comic with man-faced *makes air quotes* women.

That's quality Belgian humour, it's a cultural thing.

>lol I talked to chickens

Attached: Typical Larian dialog.jpg (1024x575, 227K)

>Comparing one encounter to the whole game filled with inane shit
That's not how it works.

You shouldn't stress your life over wife.. but at least vidya waifu a best over shit irl wifes.

Option 3 got a chuckle out of me. But my gf likes dad jokes soooo

Bg had that in the right amount, Larian can't do anything else

>one encounter
>when it's in fact multiple
>and it gets to the point the devs make fun of themselves for it
Baldur's Gate comes from an era when developers had fun and threw dumb shit in all the time. Just look at Fallout 2.

Attached: This Game Is Also About Divinity.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

I don't like this wifeposter and I think he's an annoying faggot

Unironically the best one if you enjoy BG combat and making your own party.

If it were a Larian game, it would have only two dialogue options, and one of them would be to walk away.

Honestly BG just feels so meh compared to Fallout 1, 2 , Arcanum, and Planescape, regarding setting, dialogue, and characters. Convince me to play it

Attached: 1563734956742.png (1078x1330, 962K)

this is different,Fallout 1 established a grim setting and Fallout 2 completely shat all over it with too much humour and pop culture references

Don't. Play through FO1 again or something.
t. guy with similar opinion

I don't see any chicken on this screenshot though. And Bioware made fun of themselves, Larian does it constantly because they genuinely think it's funny.
Also, try finding more that 2 screenshots of two most famous encounters. Because it still doesn't compare to Larian's shit.

>setting, dialogue, and characters
The one thing I would focus on is characters, and that's primarily in BG2, since each comes up with a solid amount of inter-party banter and their own thoughts and decisions that make up for a lot of replayability. A few of them are annoying (Cernd) but some of the annoying ones or boring ones also have hidden depths (Anomen, Valygar) that make them more or less well written.
Aside from that BG for most of us represents the happiest middle for all sorts of elements that an RPG game needs. The story is not amazing but decent enough to give you wheels, and the main thing that drives the plot is the menacing characterization of the villains, the quality of the voicework, and the escalating stakes.
For what it's worth, I'm 100% certain BG has more varied playstyles and replayability compared to either of these games, and also is much more fun for people wanting to tinker with various builds, but, as you can see, much of said replayability comes from enjoying the mechanics. If you're not big on the mechanics, this might not be a sticking point to you.
Also, BG has amazing mods.

Attached: bg2 party.jpg (1920x1080, 1M)

Arcanum is awful and only easily impressed retards who don't care about mechanics like it.

if you love Planescape in a way the setting of BG is kinda connected to it. Like in Watchers Keep you come upon a Blood War skirmish and some Githyanki, and some other stuff. You meet a deva. Was worth it just for that for me, since I loved Planescape so much. I constantly imagined what TNO would do in CHARNAME's shoes.

>try finding more than 2 screenshots
Of course, right away.

Attached: Larian Does It Again.jpg (1920x1080, 581K)

Attached: The Original Sin of RPG developers.jpg (640x480, 86K)

I just want another game with campaign creation tools

Where's the chicken? Oh, right...
Or don't you have anything else to bring up?

And let's not forget references that were dated before the game was even released.

Attached: Borderlands - Tales of the Newhart.jpg (635x479, 186K)

>imagine thinking you'll trick anyone who actually played both games
lmao

The reference was to "inane shit", not "chicken", and if you insisted on me finding more chicken, there's a quest in Baldur's Gate 2 where you murder a bunch of chicken and then tell the lady a very serious line that goes like "Ma'am, this is a matter between us and chicken, leave us be". I can't find it anywhere.

In the meantime, enjoy the screenshot from this extremely serious adventuring party met in Throne of Bhaal deciding they will try to kill you, and after you easily dispatch them, they use Save / Load powers to reload the game and change their approach. Super serious worldbuilding right there.

Attached: bondari.jpg (886x685, 136K)

>bringing up anything remotely funny as if it the same as having almost every dialogue and exposition being either snarky or condescending to player, in addition to having several quests revolve around some inane bullshit
*disparagingly say that you seriously hope you guys don't do it*

He owned you bro and this is the best you've got?

>5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.
b-but Gators!

Attached: iM9kL4a.jpg (1046x104, 57K)

>He
Ran out of pictures user?

I'm going to marry Aerie!

Attached: d4ffawu-4a4cecea-ec0b-44cc-9dda-c3d7fbaffb06.jpg (210x330, 27K)

Half orc fighter cleric or fighter thief is the easiest solo character imo. You can roll a fighter kit too. Being able to roll a 19 on str and con at creation is OP as fuck.

If you're only taking three people make sure you have DPS, healing, tanking, magic and thief skills covered to get the best of the game. So like maybe a fighter cleric, mage and fighter thief.

BG1 is an alright game, well worth the play. BG2 is a masterpiece unmatched by any RPG including the ones you mentioned and you need to play through BG1 to fully enjoy it.

Am I retarded for prefering bg1 for the low level shenanigans?

I love how they basically call you a zoomer if you don't get the reference.

>several quests revolve around some inane bullshit
Right, because bringing a chicken to a mage so that he can cast the spell Antichickenator on them is absolutely fine and dandy.
>Yea Forums is one person
Not everyone is a malcontent brigadier. I see no reason why Larian's mixture of lighthearted and serious can't work in the BG formula, considering the latter is also a heavy mishmash of comic relief and darker themes.
Either Baldur's Gate game is full of Monty Python and other popcultural references and joke items, overall filled with the sense of developers having fun.

The game where you meet Wolverine. He has dialogue to match.

Attached: E2iSbW5[1].jpg (640x480, 94K)

You're contradicting yourself. Impressionable people aren't going to like Arcanum because of the combat. In fact, impressionable people are more likely to like an RPG because it's typical tolkien fantasy and don't really care about the choices and consequences offered in the game. Arcanum is atypical,doesn't handhold, and offers a modicum of choices and consequences which core cRPG fans appreciate.

>Right, because bringing a chicken to a mage so that he can cast the spell Antichickenator on them is absolutely fine and dandy.
Yes
> I see no reason why Larian's mixture of lighthearted and serious can't work in the BG formula
Because Larian is incompetent

>Larian is incompetent
Yeah, they only made the best-selling games from the whole "Kickstarter renaissance" of the past few years. Whom would you rather nominate? Obsidian?

Attached: whoever doesn't remember this dialogue is a poor sap indeed.jpg (799x596, 122K)

Post Mr. Shade dialogue, I love this shit.

you can use the console to make him appear again after he leaves and then complete the quest when you want without breaking anything

I like BG1 more. The first time you play the game it's so easy to get lost in the world and just feel like some useless low level scrub. You wander around trying desperately to not get killed and every time you beat an ogre or whatever you feel like a beast.

In BG2 you know you're a god and you just do god stuff all game. There's like 10 dragons in the game and the final boss of durlags tower is an enemy in the first area of the game. BG2 suffers from being too epic

>Whom would you rather nominate?
For what, the best at resurrecting a dead franchise to cash on the fans awards?

For making a good game. I doubt it's Larian's fault that BG3 is even a thing; it's WotC's. The decision would be there either way. I'm just not sure why you believe Larian is so incompetent, nor do I know what your alternative would be. Mine would be Owlcat Games. Certainly not n-Space.

Attached: the absolute state of Larian writing.jpg (477x279, 39K)

>I'm just not sure why you believe Larian is so incompetent
Never making a good game isn't enough?

Yeah, I can slide in I like BG1 where its the whole journey. You start as weak peasants who can't do shit, exploring and discovering all kinds of stuff along the sword coast, getting experience, and finishing with the defeat of the bad guy that has been behind everything since the start of the adventure.

And again with one-off jokes? Seriously?
It still isn't as half as cringy as smut scenes in OS2, but let's cut you some slack here.
Let's not mention that your immediate reaction to seeing a woman being possesed is either to demand explanation or try and hit on her, among other very peculiar dialogue options in the game.
Let's not say anything about burning pigs, finding eggs for chicken and every other very interesting animal subquest.
What about le funny jokes that crop out here and there, whatever the mood of the scene was supposed to be?
Sure, I'll give you one for free and won't even point out that someone in Larian has a very clear femdom fetish, considering that quite a few of story-related female characters are condescending and domineering towards you, and the most you can do is obey. But let's not dwell on that.
And all of this accompanied by absolutely atrocious voice acting that makes BG1 voice acting sound like angels singing.
All this would be bearable if Larian had some self awareness, but they seem so completely sure that they are without fault that everything comes out too dumb to pay attention.
>they made the best pile of shit out all piles of shit produced, what do you mean they are bad
It's still shit though. The fact that we have to compare it to 20years old franchise speaks for itself.

But I liked their games since Divine Divinity. They were all interesting, unique, and fun to play. The co-op mode of DivOS was a hit with me and my friends that normally don't play these sorts of games. I'm not going to droop so low as to wager this whole discussion on purely subjective perceptions and contrarian circlejerking.

>all interesting, unique,
Al long as you don't pay attention to the lore and world, that is. Then it becomes crystal clear that they can't maintain a coherent narrative and keep fucking up their own setting, even when it's clearly doesn't fit for the game they want to make.

Truely a based dev.

Attached: 1557319734711.png (1280x720, 779K)

You're a larian fan, you're as low as it gets

>killed all the sjw shit.
Like what?

Jaheira

The problem with having so many magic items, like they were common shit, so many liches and dragons, like they were common shit, and everything being high level and way less areas to just explore. Also, things in BG1 like leveling up was a big deal since you were in desperate need of more HP and spells In BG2 after a couple of levels is just -1 here and there and, the only important part, higher spells for mages/clerics. Same with items, in BG1 a magical item was something valuable. In BG2 the first couple of stores have awesome as fuck items and making a quest will give you several good items before even finishing the quest itself. Not to mention how warrior classes became stall as fuck (maybe that's why they added so many powerful as fuck weapons?) unlike mages with trillions of spells.

Can I get an age refund if I don't get it?

Attached: old.jpg (284x160, 10K)

The "one-off" jokes are in pretty much every area of the game and tie in into quests.
You don't get to tie your panties in a twist over a skippable tranny in muh beamdog and shitpost every single Baldur's Gate thread over it and then just willfully ignore zany silliness or pop-culture references following you into every area of Baldur's Gate because those are just "throwaway lines" and "one-off NPCs".
If Larian wrote Minsc or Jansen you would be too focused on your hate towards a company to appreciate them, even if the writing was 1:1, just under a different name.
All this discussion is is that
>unhhh Larian is silly all the time
>but those jokes and meta-jokes in Baldur's Gate and the fact that the most emblematic NPCs of the franchise are all "reddit tier" is ignorable

>BG2 is a masterpiece unmatched by any RPG
lmao literally kill yourself

>If Larian wrote Minsc or Jansen you would be too focused on your hate towards a company to appreciate them
But if Larian wrote Minsc or Jansen they would be even worse

>Complaining about larian while praising BG
>Complaining about larian humor while defending BG
>mfw I can just enjoy both and can look forward to BG3

Attached: heh.gif (720x544, 214K)

based

>wow I can enjoy caviar and some turd an homeless guy shat on the sidewalk
Congrats?

NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE!

Attached: 155731973472.png (1280x720, 1.2M)

>trannies = comic references
Whatever you say.
>If Larian wrote Minsc or Jansen you would be too focused on your hate towards a company to appreciate them, even if the writing was 1:1, just under a different name.
Projecting too hard here, mate.
While Minsc, Jansen, Edwin, Quayle, Tiax and other characters are silly, they at the very least aren't funny is this post-ironic reddit sense wich seems to be a hallmark for every Larian character. You don't see Minsc snarkily commenting on Sword Coast economy.
Also, I find it funny how you keep ignoring the fact that OS2 was released two decades after BG. You'd think they'd make something better, yet here we are.

>Wow I can be highly opinionated and put games on an objective pedestal while also screeching about how bad others are AT THE SAME TIME, I'm sure they'll give me the same game over and over again if I do that, because it's a masterpiece, unlike every other game that's been made recently, kek imagine making games in 2019!
Nope, no congrats for you.

>While Minsc, Jansen, Edwin, Quayle, Tiax and other characters are silly, they at the very least aren't funny is this post-ironic reddit sense wich seems to be a hallmark for every Larian character. You don't see Minsc snarkily commenting on Sword Coast economy.
No, instead you see Mazzy and Aerie talking about how the gods will never come up with a "third edition" of the world where non-humans can be paladins or about previous versions' even worse class restrictions.
>Also, I find it funny how you keep ignoring the fact that OS2 was released two decades after BG. You'd think they'd make something better, yet here we are.
Never claimed OS games are better. What I think of them is that they're good, and that it's awfully reductionist to just claim every modern game is shit.

>every other game
But i'm just talking about divniturd

Not every modern game is shit, just Larian ones.
>instead you see Mazzy and Aerie talking about how the gods will never come up with a "third edition" of the world where non-humans can be paladins or about previous versions' even worse class restrictions.
Oh I'm sure one dialogue is equal to whole characters being nothing but snarky assholes who exist only to talk shit at predetermined times.

You best not be talking shit about race-as-class there buckaroo.

>just Larian ones
I'm going to assume you believe Torment: Tides of Numenera and Pillars of Eternity are better games than DivOS, which is entirely down to preference and we will not be able to agree

I hope you die

>playing BGEE
>using SCS and the NPC talking mod, whatever it's called, both for the first time
>get to bandit camp, with Kivan in party
>we fight tazok immediately
>leave, without entering the main building to do some stuff
>come back
>now every bandit hates me
>and all of them, including the ones in tazok's house, hunt me down from across the map
>no longer have a save from before killing Tazok
Oh boy, I've messed up

just kill everyone with the Nashkel Carnival necklace of fireballs, murder Taugosz Khosann and move on to Cloakwood.

>before reaching lvl 2
>not heading straight to Mutamin's Garden to get 28k xp with 0 risk

>entirely down to preference and we will not be able to agree
But that's what Yea Forums is for, isn't it? Talking shit about each other's tastes to score internet cred points.
PoE gameplay was better, in my opinion. Story? 'Bout the same quality, with exception being that PoE takes itself so fucking seriously, which in conjunction with excessive monologues from everyone makes it look like some kind of edgy anime. Also, your stronghold and dungeon underneath it were a giant disappointment for me. NWN 2 did it better.
Torment didn't look interesting enough so I didn't play it much, can't say anything about it, but just for the sake of sportsmanship let's say it's shit and if you like it, you're a bad person.

What would be a good bg1 party to accomodate Faldorn (moved to Friendly Arm vie mod for early pickup)? I'm playing a dragon disciple against my better judgement and have SCS with IWD spells.
Or should I just grab Viconia and buff the shit of my archers all game?

Holy fuck this thread is still alive?

Drizzt dies today. Though I might have to level up more first.

Attached: Baldr013.png (1280x768, 1.16M)

with your setup she has a full level 5 spell package which includes insect plague
that makes her rather amazing
and she's neutral so you can fill the rest of your party with whatever, either Kagain/Edwin/Shar-Teel or Coran/Kivan/Yeslick
nothing wrong with getting a cleric and a druid either as clerics have buffs and command

You madlad.

>Yeslick
This fucker is amazing, but god damn why did the have to put him into cockwood mines of all places
I'd rather delay Davaeorn fight as much as possible, shit's nuts with scs.
Maybe I'll go for some crazy shit like evil caster heavy party, with Tiax, Edwin, Bae Loth, Faldorn and Kagain for tanking.

Just take Branwen until Yeslick becomes available, duh.

Name one game you think is as good or better than BG, that came out after 2005

>as good
NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
aside from how I can perfectly enjoy 8/10 and 9/10 games even after playing a 10/10

>Owlcat Games
While Kingmaker is a remarkably well-done Pathfinder adaptation, I don't think Owlcat's strengths would lend itself good to making BG3 (althought they'd certainly be my choice as well if Larian were out of the picture). On the other hand, Larian is reportedly making extensive changes and additions to 5e to better suit video game needs, to the point of basically making 5.5e of sorts with the potential of it becoming an official ruleset (at least that's the impression I got from the interviews).
Technical side is important as well. Kingmaker left much to be desired, so I trust Larian's experience a lot in this regard.

D&D combat simulator.
Great scenery and music.

>Owlcat
I'm seeing a lot of discussion in the thread about Larian, and now Owlcat, neither who I've heard of before.
What game(s) should I play to familiarize myself with them, and gauge what to expect from BG3 in Larian's case?

I really like Wild Mage.

>color spray a bear
>absolutely nothing happens
>the bear drops 30 gemstones

Attached: D96hXj1UIAAj8Zr.jpg large.jpg (853x1280, 86K)

Owlcat is a small budget Russian company filled with RPG passionates that were given the Pathfinder license and told to try and wrangle magic from it. The end product is a solid RPG particularly for replayfags, but it started off horribly unoptimized and janky, with numerous patches needed to fix the performance issues.
Anyhow, PF:KM is a bit of a sleeper hit of 2019 for the few people still into RPGs, due to the low budget and non-existent expectations.
As for Larian, just play Divinity: Original Sin and make your own opinion based on that, since BG3 will likely play off this blueprint.

Play unpatched kingmaker

Ever used the Chaos Sorcerer mod? It's pretty close to a wild mage while being somehow different

You can view it like this:
>baldur's gate = 50% story and 50% combat
>planescape: torment: 90% story, 10% combat
>icewind dale: 10% story, 90% combat
IWD is beautiful and truly feels like an adventure, but it's definitely mostly about combat and exploration and not much else.

Owlcat made only one game so far, which is Pathfinder:Kingmaker. RTWP, faithful adaptation of Pathfinder rules. Think NWN but with a lot more build options and party of 6.
Larian's been in business for over 15 years, but the most relevant are their most recent projects, Divinity: Original Sin I and II - despite the names they are connected only via lore so it is possible (and recommended by many) to start with the second one, if you're so inclined. Both are turn-based tactical rpg with parties of 2-4.

No, I've never used any mods for BG. Are there any sexy / rape / slave mods?

Attached: EAKgw0LU0AE5Qe_.jpg large.jpg (2048x1366, 458K)

>Are there any sexy / rape / slave mods?
Please kill yourself.

I think not fellow redditor.

>In BG2 the first couple of stores have awesome as fuck items and making a quest will give you several good items before even finishing the quest itself.
Those NPC parties with Mencar Pebblecrusher and Tarnor the Hatchetman are standard gearing-up spots for me.

random user here thanks for warning about Larian's writing style

>Put the game on Novice difficulty
>STILL can't do it
Fucking Christ.
Isn't there a way I can view his .cre file or something so I can see what the fuck is going on? There's no way I'm undergeared or underleveled. God damn it.

Attached: Baldr014.png (1280x768, 1.37M)

There was a mod to rape/beat Imoen but it has vanished.

Well there are a bunch of mods which add\modify NPCs, so I suppose you can look up his stats somehow, but dunno how. Sorry mang.

don't engage him in melee,he will chop you to bits you dumbass
equip everyone with ranged weapons and have them stay at a distance while you keep spamming wand of summoning for meatshields,he will die eventually

I pulled him up in ShadowKeeper. Looks exactly the same as ever.

I don't fucking get it. I've done it before, and it's always been challenging, but never this impossible. I've just watched half a dozen kills on YT, with people even just standing toe-to-tie with him, and I watched Davaeorn kill him easily with SCS on Insane.
But for some reason no one in my party can even touch him, and he never misses. Most of the time my party and summons die the moment their feedback rings touch.

Do you have any other mods installed? Because I really have no idea what the fuck is going on with your game.

Oy, what are the best evil parties to have in both games? Want to embrace my inner edgelord, but I remember there not being that many evil characters, at least in the second game.

Attached: 1508434471573.jpg (689x543, 57K)

I've got BGT, 1PP, NPCProject, BG1UB, and BGSpawn. I don't even have SCS because I can't install it. If any of them are messing with him it's probably BGSpawn. I've noticed a couple oddities since I installed it, like Wyverns are easy as fuck but Ettercaps absolutely slap my shit.

Has anyone tried the Almateria's Restoration mod? If you already have Unfinished Business installed, is this mod worth getting as well?

>BGSpawn
I don't remember, what does it even do?

You can do him in melee if you're wearing best gear and imbibe yourself with a fuckton of potions and have your frontliner constantly healed. And I mean constantly. You still have to deal with the fact that he has AC in the double digits and insane APR.

Not that guy, but it's a random spawns mod, I think. If you're going to use BGT then I'd recommend against getting BGSpawn, since the normal BGT install has messed spawns in BG1 content. BGSpawn doesn't really fix that and sometimes it's kinda finicky with its spawning.
I highly recommend getting this shsforums.net/topic/60450-restore-bg1-spawns-bgt-spawn-tweak/ over BGSpawn. It restores the original BG1 spawn points and the formula for it.

It adds some new monster variants, like Hobgoblin Captains and Kobold Shamans, to the monster groups, and adds new Waylaid encounters, like pic related out by Mutamin's Garden.
It's not balanced for shit, 'cause it adds shit like 'Desert Trolls' to Firewine and Sword Coast, though you wouldn't typically have Acid to kill them.

Attached: Baldr007.jpg (1280x768, 1.33M)

Please help. Everything I can find online is for that cancerous trash "enhanced" edition. Not playing bullshit like that. Original's the real deal.

>BG1
Kagain and Edwin are your core. Shar-Teel is a fantastic fighter who should stay at a distance or as a flanker due to low Con. Viconia is a great cleric with good AC, although vanilla BG1 makes her Mres sorta annoying sometimes, and she can be replaced with Tiax later if you need a Thief (and didn't dual Shar-Teel or take Montaron). Xzar and Montaron are both solid NPCs. Fill in whomever you didn't take with neutrals; Xan or Branwen aren't bad. Faldorn isn't bad in the EE or BGT due to added Druid spells.
>BG2
Korgan and Edwin are your core.
Viconia is likely also, although Clerics aren't the most important party member and you could even replace her with Anomen, even one that failed their quest (12->16 WIS is less of a big deal than many think, check the stat table). Still, Viconia is hot, the mres issues of vanilla BG1 are fixed, and she is a solid party member overall.
For the rest you have to supplement neutrals; Jan and Haer'dalis are both top-tier party members, Imoen and Mazzy are some of the few Good party members who won't outright attack your party members (with Mazzy, you still have to watch out for rep and not side with Bodhi; she also has funny bants with Korgan)
>EE NPCs
They're generally not the most impressive power-wise and their writing is too edgy and intrusive, except Baeloth.
Dorn's poison and unholy aura are okay buffs, but he has functionally the same CON as Shar-Teel (in terms of HP gained) and his utility wanes in BG2 harshly, especially since Blackguard's answer to Carsomyr isn't nearly as good.
Hexxat, as a single-classed Thief, is wholly unnecessary, and kinda boring without a kit. Her special vampire powers don't contribute a whole lot.
Baeloth is probably one of the best wizards in BGEE, and is one of the few NPCs I actually like, so he's a good choice in tandem with (or in place of) Edwin.

First of all, evil characters are generally 1) fucking awesome 2) mechanically strong, often stronger than good ones.

First game: Edwin and Baeloth are fantastic arcane casters with tons of spellslots. Shar-Teel is a strong fighter with good STR and DEX (her Con sucks sadly) with an option to dual into thief for godly backstabs. Kagain is a fucking beast with ass-ton of hp and regeneration. Faldorn (she's neutral cause druid, but radical as fuck and generally feels more on the evil side) can get 5 lvl druid spells, the only divine caster to do so. Viconia is all right, having MR is nice, but she can't wear plate without gauntlets of ogre str.

Montaron is decent. Xzar sucks (Necromancers can't cast illusions, so no Blur or Mirror Image for him). Tiax rules, but without mods you get him way too late.

Second game: Can't have a full evil party without Beamdog companions or mods. Jan and or Haer'Dalis are probably best neutral choices, Jaheira is also an option.

Edwin is a god of magic with a fuckton of spellslots (4 lvl 9 spells as soon as he unlocks them for example). Korgan is a very good fighter due to his kit (berserker), axe specialization is also nice, especially when you get Ax of Unyielding in ToB. Viconia fills your cleric needs and is also cute and best girl and best romance.

Kagain
Edwin
Haer'Dalis or Jan
Viconia
Jaheira I guess

Not really many options for full evil party in BG2

It hasn't really bothered me too much yet. And it made a couple areas really fun, like the second area east of the Nashkel Mines.
It does do some dumb shit though like add Minotaurs to the southern areas and add Werewolves to Cloakwood. And I guess adding those 'Balochs' to Mutamin's Garden is kinda dumb too.

Attached: Baldr010.png (1280x768, 1.41M)

Thanks, guys.
I installed and tuned my BGT 3 or 4 years ago, and completely forgot what I mods I even added. I think I'll pass on random spawns for now, maybe try it out later, when the mood for something... weird strikes.

Many thanks hombres. You're all great.

Also you don't need a full 6 man party and if you'd insist on not taking any neutrals with you, if you are playing BG2 with just Korgan / Edwin / Viconia / Sarevok, you might want to play a Thief. I'd recommend a multiclass Halfling Fighter/Thief for overall power (short race saves), utility, and synergy between the levels. Some other ways to fill in for a Thief:
>Swashbuckler (10) -> Mage
You only care for the most essenital Thief utility and play the game as a souped-up Imoen. Your scaling Swash bonuses apply to projectiles like Melf's Minute Meteors and allow you to mix it up in melee. Not bad.
>Assassin (10) -> Mage
You enjoy some backstabbing and stealth and your Melfs now carry the poison weapon ability.

Still though there's no need for you to play a Thief, especially because Jan is fucking awesome (powerwise too) and has great banter with every single one of the Evil NPCs, so he is pretty much a honorary core member.

>Korgan is a very good fighter due to his kit (berserker), axe specialization is also nice, especially when you get Ax of Unyielding in ToB.
As a bonus, his voice is awesome and hilarious at the same time.

>Ascension 2 mod
>keep Sarevok's Sword of Chaos throughout the second game
>giving it to him in the expansion upgrades it to +4 and adds +10% MR
Fucking love this kind of stuff.

Attached: 1550204749362.jpg (960x951, 57K)

This is a trap, isn't it?

>Isn't there a way I can view his .cre file
Shadowkeeper?

Oh and one more tip: in an unmodded, no race restriction lifted game, Viconia romances only Humans, Half-Elves, Halflings and Half-Orcs. People generally like that romance a lot more than the other three, so it's worth mentioning. Don't roll a Gnome F/I or something if you want to explore that sidestory.

What's a good way of dealing with mages in Sword Coast Stratagems? Installed both the better AI and better mages components and it feels as if almost every fight I have against mages is me desperately trying to remove their protection spells or just keeping everyone at a distance except for one character with high magic resistance. I swear they have like a bazillion different immunity spells in their spellbook and the moment I remove one, they instantly put another one on. It's like I have to fill my entire mage's spellbook with just spell removing spells to be able to handle them. It's seriously becoming a boring chore now. Also Power Word: Silence seems to do jack shit.

Is there some trick or something that I'm not aware of? There has to be an easier way.

Attached: 1557198694572.jpg (810x810, 274K)

>Is there some trick or something that I'm not aware of?
Yes, it's called not installing better mages, or SCS at all.
Or rolling an inquisitor CHARNAME.

I will always have the unfullfilled dream of playing Icewind dale in multiplayer, no pause, 1 character each, 6 players.

Why are the side quests in BG1 so painfully average and lame? Fetch this, go here, find my cat, I need this book. Here's a pitiful amount of gold and some dialogue. And holy fuck they doubled down on it even more in the actual city of BG. Just quantity over quality all the time.
It is just errands from a hundred different generic fantasy strangers with zero emotional investment. Only the occasional chuckle when they do meme tier stuff like Melicamp the Chicken.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 194K)

literally git gud

Welb.

I will say at least that it does have some amusing outcomes. For example the fight with Irenicus was kind of a mess that I had to cheese big time. A trillion defensive spells, literally no way to damage him at all without throwing dozens of spell removing spells at him, and he'd just say fuck that by casting another immunity spell. That plus that imprison or whatever that spell is that can instantly permanently make a character vanish, him being in slayer form and dealing gigantic amounts of damage made the fight a nightmare. In the end I just had one character with high MR and boots of speed run circles around him while the rest of the party stood far away and he just exhausted his offensive spells and the defensives all ran out. For about five minutes this went on with Benny Hill music playing in my head constantly.

Attached: 1549742185301.jpg (604x599, 37K)

>EE
It should be a criminal offense to play Beamnigger's trash.

>hy are the side quests in BG1 so painfully average and lame?
Cuz it's 20 years old game and some aspects of it didn't age well.

If you didn't install the Inquisitor Dispel Magic nerf, Keldorn is a good candidate.
Druid Insect Plague and Creeping Doom are both fantastic spells, use them if you didn't install the SCS nerf to those.
Pay close attention to what buffs these mages are using; often you can just drop their Stoneskins by massacring them with a high APR warrior, particularly one that switches to a weapon type they aren't immune to (if they cast PfMW, switch to normal weapons and so on).
Otherwise, SCS is a challenge that emphasizes knowledge on mages; you don't need a fully optimal party to have fun in it, but the author strongly recommends having a mage even when he acknowledges one isn't needed.
It's all about knowing your Dispels, Remove Magic, Secret Words, Breach, and knowing also how to interrupt spells and the like. Use Arrows of Dispelling when you find some. Use other on-hit dispel items, like Carsomyr.
Mid-level area of effect spells (Sunfire, Cloudkill onward) generally don't care about a lot of mage buffs.
Remember stuff like PfMW expires, so you're also liable to just go into stealth and wait out the buffs.
Backstabs are really useful against enemies to take them out before their contingencies spark into action - e.g. Rayic Gethras in SCS doesn't start pre-buffed with Stoneskin (vanilla version does), so you can backstab him.
Use effects that go through Stoneskin (Poison Weapon or the FoA elemental damage) to interrupt spellcasting.

Here's a handy chart that shows which spells are dispelled by what in SCS:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y7r2Z3FfZk74NdAVHuZuiNmWh14y1tAytNrsFMSY7zc/edit#gid=0

SCS is a fairly calm mod compared to the past when the challenge was about stacking the deck against the player with raw stats and zany ambushes (Tactics, Improved Battles, some fights in Ascension harken back to this), so it's really just the start.

>Halfling
17/18 str sucks though if you ever decide to backstab. Any other F/T would have 19, dwarves and gnomes get shorty saves as well.

It is a random screenshot from google, relax nigger. But also no, you can ignore all their SJW trash so it makes no real difference.

That goes without saying, that is the easy cop out answer.

Strength is one of the most easily raised stats in the game between the spells, potions, tomes, Lums and whatnot. Fighter levels account for the THAC0 needed to backstab and Strength damage bonus applies after damage calculation, not before it, though it can be raised to be quite substantial (long live Thief/Clerics).
In return you get shorty saves and very high starting skills (can lockpick the chest with the big fat diamond in Candlekeep if you max it out).
Also, Halflings are the only shorty who romance everyone (Gnomes only romance Aerie and Dwarves don't romance anyone).
You do have a fair point in that the 18->19 Strength from tome in BG1 is a great boon, but I don't think it's that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Gauntlets of Ogre Power or various strength belts aren't hard to get, either.

just peak into maximum range so they trigger all their protections then walk away until they've timed out

Is there anything like BGT for Icewind Dale? Would be neat to be able to play both IWD's in the same game.

I suggest you sticking to Fallout 4 or the Skyrim scene.

Sadly no, and historically all sorts of IWD2 conversions are iffy (Icewind Gate 2, for instance) due to relative low interest.

Also it's hard to connect the games because IWD2 is on a completely different system (no more AD&D 2e here).

Why wasn't the best party member from 1 in 2?

Attached: Kivan.jpg (210x330, 15K)

Because he was a one-note character whose story was finished, I guess.

there's a bg2 Kivan mod

But Coran reappeared and even became a canon character.

Attached: Murder-in-Baldurs-Gate.jpg (2063x1408, 1.52M)

Written by the same woman who wrote him in BG1NPC IIRC. I personally don't like it, he talks too much

And he's also a footfag in it.

Yeah but it's shit.

>And he's also a footfag in it.
lel what?

It's a joke about a throwaway line where he treats and caresses a female party member's feet (I don't remember whose) and they're genuinely surprised Kivan would know this much about feet.

Who are these guys?

>Murder in Baldur's Gate
It should be impossible for human beings to come up with such absolute garbage.

Attached: 1505002645418.jpg (312x312, 59K)

Don't worry about it. CHARNAME does recognize other former party members in BG2. The "canon party" was just the people you happened to travel with at the time. CHARNAME probably adventured together with several different parties in BG1
>BG1 was an episodic series with guest characters

Barb with Dual Maces or Flail? Can't decide.

Attached: Screenshot (1346).png (798x598, 764K)

On the left is Coran who apparently became a F/M/T. I don't know anyone else except the guy behind them, who is supposed to be Abdel Adrian, canonical CHARNAME. Or not, because the adventure retconned the idea that with the Throne of Bhaal fight being decided there are no more living Bhaalspawns with the taint on Earth, but Abdel is offed by Viekang who then transforms into an avatar; and it's possible Abdel wasn't *the* CHARNAME. It's hard to tell. Anyway, fuck the idea that the main character would lose to fucking Viekang.

Once AA is out (in 1 day!) and the console ports finished... what's next for our devs, guys?

Our boy Coran is the only good thing that came out of it. I will never not be mad about what they did to Charname.

>Jaheira I guess
>having to get her husband killed, and still deal with her generally good demeaner
>not just using Faldorn

Flail and Mace for the FoA+Defender of Easthaven combo in order to become the ultimate pure martial tank in the game with 80% physical damage reduction.

>that is the easy cop out answer
It's truth, you dumb nigger.

is it me or the marketing campaign didnt work?

Attached: 1486657457025.png (885x574, 41K)

>Faldorn
>in a BG2 NPC list
The actual counterpart would be Cernd and even though he is underrated due to the Druid spell utility, no one likes his personality.

Warhammer is incredibly useful in BG1, you get a +2 with extra damage very early.

>don't know how to play a game
>install difficulty mod

They'll use their own engine. It can run both turn-based and real-time, and they'll probably offer both.

Bassilus actually dropped a +2 Warhammer, but I don't really like them as a weapon.

>BG2 list
>Kagain
Try again, user clearly posted a BG list then mentioned that a BG2 list is harder.

Fuck's wrong with these "people"?

That's the one, note that it's actually a +2 that also adds lightning damage.

>to the point of basically making 5.5e of sorts with the potential of it becoming an official ruleset (at least that's the impression I got from the interviews).

Sounds like an improvement desu sempai shaking my senpai

Or, considering that Haer'dalis and Jan are also on the same list, it's more likely that he forgot which dwarf whose name starts with "K" and has letters "g", "a" and "n" is in which game.

suits his CHR stat though, which only would be 8. So the mod author did a good job on that. :^)

If we are going to be going back and forth on the intentions of a random user, we won't get anywhere.
In either case, the list is bad as it works for neither game, and Jaheira doesn't fit an evil party in either game.

all of their games were 6/10 at best

>Jaheira doesn't fit an evil party in either game
She has no personal conflict with any of the BG2 party members and she can even hang out with the BG1 characters except for Xzar and Montaron.
She has top bants with Viconia if they're both fighting for your attention.
She is Neutral.
As far as I know, she doesn't like having her rep dipped to 1, but I don't recall her being directly opposed to working with Bodhi.
She is also a good compliment to Viconia due to her Druid side and she's one of the best tanks in the game.
I see no problems here.
And I also see no problem with assuming that user simply confused Kagain and Korgan, who are both greedy evil dwarves and who are also top tier evil party members.

>Warhammer is incredibly useful in BG1
1d4+1 instead of damage dice, you might as well use daggers at this point, dagger of venom in particular.

Not him, but crushing damage is the least resisted damage type and Ashideena is a solid weapon (electricity damage means it's easier to interrupt mages) available relatively early. BG1 isn't particularly rich in enchanted one-handed blunts.

You do realize that 1d4+1 is the exact same average as 1d6, right? 3.5.

>ass man
>not a tranny
Looks like kino is back on the menu boys.

>3.5
3.5e IS SHIT GET OUT FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEE

What is the most exotic class regardless how unfun it is?

3.5e is just about one of the least normie tier editions out there, what with the bulk of its community embracing the book-hoarding and optimization aspect of it.

Unironically, oldschool players now say 5e reminds them of AD&D 2e.

>exotic
Well, depending on what you mean...
Beast Master is a likely candidate because the other options are "terrific" and "strong and quite fun". He is somewhat strong in BG1 but BG2 is basically playing with a handicap, which basically restricts you to Gnasher / Blackblood, Club of Detonation, and Staff of the Ram.
Wizard Slayers are rather unfun because they are mediocre at their job description. They make an okay base for some duals.
The non-Blade Bard kits are rarely played even though they're quite powerful. Jesters have some great crowd control support and Skalds are a solid force multiplier to largely physical parties.
Single-classed Clerics don't see a lot of love unless dualled, e.g. Priest of Lathander -> Fighter or Mage.

Is playing as pure assassin viable? Or do I have to multiclass into something in order to actually do something post-BG1?
t. played BGT only once

Pure assassin's thac0 is pretty bad, I recommend m/t. Or if you really want to play an assassin, be a faggot like me and use multiclass multikit tool to make a barbarian/assassin or berserker/assasin or whatever

I was gonna ask, much does bg1 carry over really? I just started, but know there’s a “canon party.” Do things carry over if I imported a character, or does bg2 just assume I did everything with everyone?
I figured such an old game wouldn’t run checks on side quests like Witcher or something.

>Is playing as pure assassin viable?
Yes. Here are some important things to note, to maximize this playstyle:
>Poison Weapon goes through Stoneskin and keeps on dealing damage, interrupting mages
>Poison Weapon applies to on-hit effects, so it will work on Arrows of Detonation
>Without the EE, the Poison stacks multiple times in the same round, so at level 1, pick a specialty in Darts and keep stacking the poison. Darts also help nullify the fact that your THAC0 is kinda low by simply having you land more attacks per round, so one will go through, and then someone gets poisoned.
>Your thief skills are gonna be iffy early on but there's a ton of Thieves you can recruit to help.
>In ToB, more and more enemies are backstab-immune, but by that time, you will have Use Any Item, Spike and Time Traps, so you are still relevant
>Definitely think of your class more as a Poison-applier than a backstabber as the backstab bonuses apply late
>Remember that Cloak of Non-Detection only works on regular stealth and not various invisibility spells; abuse it to re-engage at will.
>Between poison and the ability to backstab, disengage and re-engage from haste
>Use UAI to abuse scrolls and simulacrums in ToB, allowing you to play a pseudo-mage (more like a Batman with an utility belt)
It's a fun low-mid tier support class; not the most ruthless killer, but the poison can really save your hide and it's always fun to stealth and skulk around. Definitely viable. Anything is viable, and the poison weapon even comes in handy in something like SCS.

If you're playing the EE, the poison is considerably nerfed in that it only applies once per round. It still does decent damage and works for interruption, but it's still considerably sadder. You still likely want Darts to maximize the possibility of landing your poison in the first place. You can mod away this particular change, or simply edit the relevant file yourself, if you disagree with it and still insist on playing EE.

It imports your stats, experience, and a handful of items from tiered lists+golden pantaloons.

>BG1 isn't particularly rich in enchanted one-handed blunts
Which reminds me: what are user's opinion on weapon proficiency?
I personally can't stand BG2 system with each weapon having it's own prof. 0 flexibility allowed.

BG1 was better yeah

BG had the much better system. The BG2 system particularly fucks you over in BG because many specific options lack anything beyond a +1 readily available.

>My ranged guys are getting 3APR with Oils of Speed, firing Arrows+1
>By the time my Wand of Summoning is out of charges, they haven't landed a single hit on Drizzt
Literally shaking and crying rn

Icewind dale, EE or Original? I can't imagine EE could inject their cancer into ID on account of it being a glorified hack and dungeon crawler.

>Poison Weapon goes through Stoneskin and keeps on dealing damage, interrupting mages
>Poison Weapon applies to on-hit effects, so it will work on Arrows of Detonation
Now we're talking.
Thanks for the explanation. I'll try assassin out. I suppose if I wanted to go for murdermachine, I'd have drop the kit shenanigans and multiclass into fighter?
Also, how do exactly Hide in Shadows and Move Silently work? Some people say HiS doesn't workat all, others insist you need to raise both equally. What the fuck.

Attached: 1509650062489.jpg (388x443, 151K)

>firing Arrows+1
Unless your THAC0 is particularly good, as in late game BG+bracers of archery, you are only going to hit on a 20 regardless, so you should be either using better damaging arrows or normal ones.

Dual flails, Be untouchable
But nah really, flail of ages

Attached: playing_with_scissors_futurama.gif (480x360, 159K)

There's no sjw bullshit, but IWD EE is remarkably easier than the original. Properly implemented dual-wield, for one. Secondly, class kits, some of which are more powerful than the base classess (berserker comes to mind). The other big thing is the addition of sorcerers: IWD is notoriously stingy with wizard scrolls (and I've read somehwere that it's by design), but sorcerers can just cherry-pick anything they want on level-ups.

Also
>pure assassin thac0 is pretty bad
This is true, but also can be alleviated quite a bit. In BG1, the best backstabbing weapons are Staffs and they also carry high enchantments. Combine Aule's Staff +3 (vendor in Ulgoth's Beard) with possibly being a Half-Orc if you want for 19 Strength (you don't need to but it's nice, the THAC0 effect can also be replicated by Gauntlets of Ogre Power) to get -3 THAC0 in melee. Any attacks you make from stealth get -4 THAC0. Add the flat Assassin boost to THAC0; you're now at -11 THAC0 on backstabs, not too bad. For ranged attacks, you apply your Dexterity bonus, too.
Elven Assassins also benefit in the ranged poison playstyle due to their -1 THAC0 with bows (and also with swords, a respectable weapon type), which are solid (Tuigan in BG2 and the aforementioned Arrows of Detonation synergy).
In BG2, you get higher enchanted weapons and more ways to increase Strength further. At 2,420,000 XP, with our max base THAC0 of 10, we go:
>-1 THAC0 from Assassin (9)
>21-22 Strength (Tome + Lum + possibly Half-Orc, or just an appropriate belt) (5)
>Staff of the Ram +6 (-1)
>attack from Stealth (-5)
Still not great, but we can hit 50%+ of our backstabs (enemies in ToB have their lowest AC ranging from between -12 to -16) and there's still room for THAC0 buffs.
> I suppose if I wanted to go for murdermachine
Assassin duals either dual out of the class relatively early to maintain a decent curve and keep the Poison and the minor bonus to THAC0 and damage (around level 10) or they hang around all the way until they hit level 24 and get UAI, which is hard to recommend due to how long the recovery takes. I will follow up with some dual combos in the next post because I wrote too much in this one.

>Also, how do exactly Hide in Shadows and Move Silently work?
As far as I know, they basically do the same thing. Daylight nerfs your chance to hide and stay hidden, but staying in shadow actually increases it.

What is the merc + your watcher class?
It's been a long time but I think that fight boils down to confuse on the two statues whilst your party whittles away at them and Thaos.
Helps if you can focus one quickly and get Thaos into his invulernable/prayer mode and stall for time killing statue (use the opportunity to buff the shit out of yourself).

Beat it on potd.

To initiate stealth: the game uses the average of MS+HiS
To stay in stealth though you need only Move Silently.
So just max Move Silently.

Okay, let's go, some combos:
>Assassin -> Fighter
You apply Poison Weapon at high APR and get to stealth. Better in not-EE. If you can somehow do Assassin (24) -> Fighter, you can now pull off insanely stupid combos. Otherwise, settle for low-teens, around level 10.
>Assassin->Mage
You get to poison Melf's Minute Meteors (and later Energy Blades) which hit at 5 APR and at high enchantment levels, bypassing the lesser Mantle spells. You get to use regular Stealth + Cloak of Non-Detection to disappear and re-engage even against True Sight (though not against enemies who ninately see invisible). You can abuse Mislead for infinite backstabs (though they will be less impressive if you dual out early). Detect Illusions = 100 means Find Traps also dispels all illusions from enemies.
Again, dual at 24 is theoretically possible for UAI, but likely impractical, but it has the easiest recovery time. Dual at 17 might be more managable for the x6 backstab. Otherwise, dual at 10-13 or so.
>Assassin->Cleric
You get to buff yourself up to 25 Strength with Draw Upon Holy Might and other Cleric spells; the +14 damage from this applies only after backstab damage calculation, but is still a nice burst. The most damaging backstabbing weapons (Staff of Striking and Staff of Ram, and also a lot of Staves in the game have high enchantments) are Staves, so you're not missing out on backstabs. You get to apply Poison Weapon to Energy Blades. A theoretical Assassin (24) -> Cleric gets UAI, x7 backstab with high strength, and gets rid of the pesky Cleric ethos. You also get to wear plate and cast.
>Also, how do exactly Hide in Shadows and Move Silently work?
I don't really understand it too well myself, but in vanilla, HiS was apparently supposed to affect your chance to hide and MS to stay hidden. EE and possibly some fixpack normalized this to make your Stealth simply derived from the average of your HiS and MS scores.

Attached: 3440587a7acb530f49a4d93da5eced46[1].jpg (500x664, 49K)

>To stay in stealth though you need only Move Silently
Once again, as far as I know it's a meme. Some guy tested it, and there was no noticeable difference between maxing one skill or another.

The White March DLC is well worth it. Much better than the base game. But there are plenty of (c)rpgs out there, so really up to you whether it's worth your time/money.

Also, generally, if you want a crazy capable character that uses the potent Thief HLAs,you likely want to be a Thief multiclass and not a dual, indeed. F/Ts, M/Ts and C/Ts are all powerhouses and they can also abuse the tactics listed in this post, except the ones specific to Assassins only (so, for most sane people, basically, various poison interactions). Nevertheless, I like Assassin->Mages quite a lot, as you might have guessed from the length of the paragraph on them. They're my pet favourite combo even if they're not the ultimate #1.

Attached: rogue[1].png (736x582, 1.03M)

So if I play IWD EE without using sorcerers or kits, it's pretty much vanilla with fixed dual-wield?

Fucking FINALLY.
I got one Ogre Brerserker to survive outside of the front line of Gnolls and Dread Wolves and Hobgonlins, and he managed to get Drizzed down to Near Death before he finally ate it. Then it was just some dangerous hit-and-run with my melee guys.
The game crashed before I could pick up his gear.

Attached: Baldr018.png (1280x768, 1.89M)

>The game crashed before I could pick up his gear.
Fucking amazing.

Attached: 1522414490927.jpg (431x352, 13K)

Redpill me on the Saerileth mod. People on the spellhold studio were calling it a child porn mod, but the people talking shit about it seemed to be rather off in their sanity. Other people say it's the worst mod ever made. Others say it isn't so bad.

>Otherwise, settle for low-teens, around level 10.
B-b-but muh x6 multiplier on lvl 17... Insanely stupid combos mean using scrolls to buff yourself, I suppose?
Wouldn't it be easier to just pick fighter\thief instead of going assassin->fighter?
Do staves outclass other weapons in backstabbing department so much that you're stuck using them at high levels?
So far I'm liking Assassin into Mage variant the most. But doesn't that mean that I woudn't be able to wear armor?

We back?
I knew it would, I just knew.
So I warped away, quicksaved, and warped back. As soon as I clicked on his corpse the game crashed.
I'm onto life's bullshit.

are you playing as evil?
also, are you planning on continuing with the same char into bg2 and tob?

I think there's some minor differences due to engine change, and the weapon proficiency system is different (you can tweak it to your liking with, well, tweak anthology) but otherwise it should be pretty much the same. Nothing radically changed comes to mind, apart from Ranger/Cleric multi not being op anymore.

My large post on this subject is gone but the gist o it was
>yes it's that bad
>even without all the child grooming undertones in it it has a fuckton of annoying elements in it, mostly related to Saerileth never shutting the fuck up
>also she destroys Ring of Gaxx on sight because it's ebul
>Saerileth and Shandra are both mostly recommended by their own writer's alt accounts
>if you want a cute paladin waifu NPC, download Isra instead
>Wouldn't it be easier to just pick fighter\thief instead of going assassin->fighter?
Yeah.
>Do staves outclass other weapons in backstabbing department so much that you're stuck using them at high levels?
No, katanas and swords aren't half-bad either, you want something with high enchantment and a high damage dice.
>But doesn't that mean that I woudn't be able to wear armor?
Who cares? Spells are better than any leather armor in the game.

She's 15. Also talks with lots of thees and thous and it gets really annoying, really quickly.
On the plus side, you can kill her by telling that you don't love her.

>are you playing as evil?
No, but Drizzt is a dick and deserves it.
My Reputation was at 17, so I couldn't go on in the main quests without Kagain and Shar-Teel quitting the party. My CHARNAME uses Scims and Kats so I was going to kill Drizzt eventually anyway. Figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.
>also, are you planning on continuing with the same char into bg2 and tob?
That's the plan. I've never done it before because I hate gaming at my desktop so much, and because frankly I just don't like 2 that much. But I'm finally sitting down and doing it.
I hope.

Finished IWD EE for the first time without dropping it halfway through. Went kitless to get closer to the intended experience.

Human Paladin
>7/10 Not bad, kid

Half-Orc Barbarian
>6/10 Good speed for closing in on ranged units but poor AC. Didn't want to go with a Fighter because Grandmastery + randomized loot is a recipe for frustration

Half-Elf Cleric/Ranger
>10/10 MVP - outperformed the former two and added utility on top

Dwarf Cleric
>7/10 Useful early healing, later CC, buffbot and undead warder

Gnome Thief/Illusionist
>9/10 Just about the covers all arcane needs + thief skills

Human Bard
>10/10 Last song = Tymora's song to help early -> War Chant for infinite sustain. Can't imagine playing without one.

Fun times. Next time I play I'm rolling the default party.

Attached: VUA1vaF.jpg (198x311, 24K)

>if you want a cute paladin waifu NPC, download Isra instead
>There is no BG2 content at this point, though it is intended in the future
This really really activates my inner slayer.

What are you talking about? BG2 Isra is out for years. I see she has dedicated threads dating to 2019 on SHS, and versions available for download. She even gets abducted by Bodhi properly.

15 years old cute girl who love charname at sight (if he has good charisma). The age is a big deal and you have to understand the BG modding scene is full of faggots (real faggots). The authors tried to make her dialogue "sounds shakesperian" so, it's get annoying really fast. Worse, you can't corrupt her or make her a naughty girl.

Huh, must be some old post I'm reading. Nevermind.

Thanks for the explanations, mate. You really helped me out. I'll stick to fighter\thief for now, seems closest to what I wanted to play, and try out assassin-mage after I get more solid grasp on all game mechanics. One playthrough was really not enough.

That's why you don't run single class Fighters so the game forces you to spread your points.

keep in mind that later in the game, lots of stuff is immune to backstabs :)

War Chant is truly amazing, I have no idea why Beamdog didn't implement IWD bard songs into BG.

Please stop ruining my day thank you

Attached: 15616356650840.jpg (540x960, 158K)

When things get immune to backstabs is when the thief kit really goes online though
>traps for days
>free dispel illusions
>lmao just let me equip the holy avenger and STOP TIME

Enjoy your ascendency to dickass godhod

Fighter/Thieves remain strong even against enemies immune to backstabs because of Thief high level abilities and Fighter combat potential. Don't worry about it. And it's mostly bosses.

There an argument to be made for going Blade over Fighter/Mage?

You get rogue HLA abilities.

>traps for days
Sounds like Yea Forums

It's a pretty good companion mod too. Lots of content.

and also you get faster spell scaling than the multi and you can abuse Simulacrum with Enhanced Bard Song for a great buff and you also get to do the Bard stronghold. Also Blades are one of the few classes that can convincingly AC tank (somewhat) in Throne of Bhaal).

>canon

Nothing in the games is canon, WOTC/Hasbro actively retconned them with the terrible novels.

Attached: 1369824206326.png (233x250, 73K)

>Murder in Baldur's Gate

It was written by the same guy who wrote those abyssmal baldurs gate novels if you wondered why it was so fucking shit.

BASED

Attached: 1395749383457.jpg (872x702, 363K)

>Cleric casts Doom into Hold Person
>Mage casts double Web
>Everybody else shoots arrows

Didn't take more than 30 minutes of reloading

>5 females and 1 male dwarf

oh user

Attached: LaughingFantasyWhores.png (673x680, 598K)

>novels
That didn't happen. It's totally made up.

>not played that game for years, still instantly identified the wand of monster summoning on Aerie.
Good old days. I had SO much fun with BG2.

Huh, guess I'll try it out.

What?

I swear he was harder than he ever was before. Something in BGT install beefed him up. Or made all my shit worse. I ran that attempt on Novice just to see if it made a difference. Didn't seem to.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur's_Gate_(novel)
>"I read this novel because I was such a fan of the game and its sequels, so I was hoping for a similar experience with the novelization of the game by Philip Athans. I was totally wrong! This was such a let-down, in many ways."

Attached: 1316742676162.png (800x705, 239K)

While novels definitely didn't happen, new 5e splatbook Heroes of Baldur's Gate wasn't THAT bad, and it has some good art.

Attached: Khalid.png (665x873, 830K)

Just how many fucking women got the Bhaalcock? It's like every other person in ToB is a Bhaalspawn.

Let's just say Bhaal was a very busy god.

Attached: Jaheira.png (665x873, 832K)

>implying that wasn't amazing

it was funny m8

the heroes of bg/murder in bg is literally hasbro desperatly trying to cash in on the EE despite them moving the timeline forward 100 years so even the characters that weren't retconned by the novels are now dead.

Attached: 112563642472.png (554x436, 71K)

>that art

Please consider suicide.

Attached: 1503662708406.jpg (460x276, 20K)

>and it has some good art.
Ehh, looks like generic fantasy schlock. Nothing wrong with that, but this just looks and feels extremely soulless.

What do I do about not being able to wear a helmet? Besides 'don't melee', I guess?

In Heroes there are some... weird justifications on why certain characters are still alive in what's the currect year? 1419? It was really entertaning to read those mental gymnastics.
Sorry, I forgot that new = bad, old = good. Faulty programming, you see.

Attached: Kagain.png (661x873, 845K)

Are there any mods like that for Skie

i mean it looks nice but nothing in that pic says khalid to me

>Viekang
>not Chinchilla

You had one job to do a cringeworthy story.

You've never seen generic and soulless then.

Attached: 1404289196-702637.jpg (736x994, 116K)

>blade

There is no reason to go blade over Jester or Skald. In fact Jester song alone shits all over all other kits with how OP it is.

That's just plain bad.

>I forgot that new = bad, old = good.

If you cannot tell how generic that art is and how the artist was so inept that it somehow tells you less about a character than those tiny character portraits BG had then there is no helping you.

You are the famous braindead Bioware-audience that EA groomed.

Attached: 1563267780782.png (137x208, 18K)

Thats not ''generic'' you illiterate cumguzzler, that is JUST bad art.

I said I was sorry, okay? Of course old portraits are better, they conveyed so much emotion and character. Khalid's famous expression of 'a nigger running away from the police' told us that he's a experienced warrior from Calimshan, a country that's actually pretty far away from Baldur's Gate. No way new art can match that.

Attached: 1271079271700.jpg (349x642, 31K)

I mean, look at that. That's a half-elven druid if I ever saw one. You can tell that ny look at her jawline.

Attached: Jaheira_JAHEIRA_Portrait_BG1.png (210x330, 122K)

The elven half is below the waist, calm down.

Anyone tried out the Imoen 4 Ever mod?

The old portraits were mostly shit, and the artwork user posted was good.
I didn't like the one of the human though because he looks Middle-Eastern.

Yes you actually can tell a lot about the character. Its even better with the tweaked portraits in BG2.

The worst part is that deep down even you yourself realized it which is why you are being passive-aggressive little bitch about it essentially arguing like a women who already lost the argument instead of for example telling us why the new ones are better.

It is a bit sad to see why it is so hard for you to accept that, then again your style of arguing smells of low-T which either means you are soimale or a tranny.

Attached: 1415593812002.png (592x533, 42K)

Attached: ded thred.jpg (500x268, 114K)

>BG1 glitchless speedrun shows up in my YouTube recommendations
>Start watching it
>Dude's going through Beregost
>Clicking literally every NPC as he walks by them, sometimes missing and costing himself time as his character about-faces to walk towards the direction before he can click him back on course
Is this severe, crippling autism, or some kind of gay speedrun tech?

It went on for a good while though.

Shame a couple of crotchety retards killed it.