Release garbage port of a 7th gen game

>release garbage port of a 7th gen game
>people rightfully pirate it
>get mad and say you won't port games to pc anymore

What's their problem?

Attached: 1563915642481.png (760x428, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/sega-wants-to-focus-more-on-overseas-and-pc-markets/
pcgamer.com/sega-now-considers-yakuza-a-multi-platform-series/
pcgamer.com/persona-5-pc-release-date/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>people rightfully pirate it

>Rightfuly

If you had any real dignity you wouldn't even pirate it in the first place. You would let the port sink in obscurity.
But by pirating it you proved Atlus right: PC gamers want games, not paying for them, so it's a waste to bother with them.
You didn't look like a patrician with high standards, but like a starved dog.

did they actually say this

Gaining trust among PCtricians is a long term investment, don't expect to make alot of money initially. However, it paid off for so many other companies that are now mainstay in this fastest growing market.

So, begging?
No wonder Atlus doesn't want to bother with PC

>Fastest growing market
>On the only platform where you don't need to pay for games at all
Doubt.jpg

You have to do it right, like Sega and Capcom. Shitting out terrible ports like SE isn't going to win you long term business.

>>get mad and say you won't port games to pc anymore
Do you have any source or are you just pulling stuff out of your ass? From what I have heard they generally have a positive look at pc market

Is PC even profitable?
I've never meet someone either online or real life who pays for PC games. I feel like PC ports only exist because out of touch stockholders order publishers to release them.

For the Yakuza series it has been.

Porting modern consoles to PC can't be very expensive considering the games are developed for PC, then built and tested for PS4/Xbox.

>>get mad and say you won't port games to pc anymore
Lies. Sega of Europe was actually happy enough with how Catherine performed

> "Everyone's really pleased with it; we're pleased with it, it's performed well and the audience is happy," he says. "I think for us it was always step one. Let's launch Catherine, which then gives the IP owners and business owners at Atlus—who are in their first foray into the PC market—the ability to evaluate the success and how that can fit in for their future road map. I'm pleased to say they now have that information, so they're able to evaluate it. For us it was a positive experience, and hopefully they'll share that and consider it in their own road map."

I pay for games I do like after pirating them first to see if I'd like them.

No lol

You must not know many people. I know countless that have over 100 games on Steam. What I find true, however, is that most PC gamers buy on sales and try to save as many pennies as possible.

vast majority of pc sales are digital so it has to be

>Gaining trust among PCtricians is a long term investment, don't expect to make alot of money initially.
don't expect a lot of games, then. just be thankful for the scraps you get.

Why should I pirate a bad game? My time is even more worth than my money.

pcgamer.com/sega-wants-to-focus-more-on-overseas-and-pc-markets/
pcgamer.com/sega-now-considers-yakuza-a-multi-platform-series/
pcgamer.com/persona-5-pc-release-date/
At this point its inevitable

Attached: 1546410777546.jpg (689x584, 78K)

>Be Atlus
>Absolutely fucking loathe PC but your parent company Sega tries to coerce you into porting your games to PC
>Tell Sega "okay, I'll test the waters"
>Port a seven years old game that is getting an enhanced port the same year knowing that PC buyers will ignore it, instead waiting for a future port of said enhanced version
>Make the port mediocre so the buyers willing to buy the base game avoid it
>But make the port decent enough and without anti-piracy protection so pirates go nuts with it.
>"See, Sega? They don't want our games"

Atlus plays 4D chess.

>Be Atlus
>release an unfinished game on a console
>milk the shit out of it with anime, stage performances, spinoff titles, etc
>"remake" the same game and sell if for full price
>milk the shit out of it again
They've been doing this shit since FES. At this point, there's no reason to buy Persona games when they first release if they're just going to make an updated version later.

Exactly!!!
They know people know so they exploited it. I can see them pulling the same thing with Persona 5 and the Switch
>Port P5 to the Switch
>Switch owners will ignore it, instead waiting for the Royal

People have become dumber it seems and everyone thinks that pirating games and programs is extremely dangerous and that viruses are literally everywhere.
I've never ran into a virus or a trojan in 16 years of pirating, even during cursed times of LimeWire.

Switch owners will eat up anything.

That's just Yakuza fans not being poorfags.

PC gamers have it too easy
Half my library is pirated single player games
The games I do buy are multiplayer and on PS4
If Atlus doesn't care for the PC platform its on them
Got a PS4 (which every jrpg player should have anyway) anyway so why should I care

Attached: 1500844356104.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

i pirate everything but dont fucking justify it you dip