What the fuck were they thinking?

What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: 91qahZOIs6L._SL1500_.jpg (1426x1500, 151K)

unironically better for Smash than the gamecube controller

They were trying to further human evolution. If it had picked up and everything used the same design, humans may have managed to obtain a third arm within the short timeframe of ten thousand years or so.

>We need to make the perfect controller
Mission Accomplished

Probably something like "Let's not copy the big trends in gaming and make something original."

Do you really not know?

They built a controller that can be used with a d-pad or an analog stick comfortably

>lets have a backup in case people hate the joystick and it doesn't get adapted by developers

>"3D is the new trend, how do we make a controller to accommodate this"
Only absolute braindead shitters are confused by the design.

I'm more confused why Sony has shit out the same trash controller for the last 25 years

Yes

nintendo has literally never made a good controller. Same with Sega

sony did it right with the dualshock and never looked back (why fix what isn't broken)

microsoft took a solid gen but figured it out and may actually have the best controller to date (adding gyro would make it perfect)

>nintendo has literally never made a good controller

Attached: ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM.gif (478x350, 84K)

NES/SNES is shit take off nostalgia glasses

>what if you held the controller differently depending on the game you were playing?

Attached: eo9t4vU.png (1432x515, 594K)

Both n64 and GC controllers were made for 3d games.

rent free

it was probably a misguided attempt to add an analogue stick to what is essentially the SNES pad with an extra 2 face buttons. nintendo had hit it out of the park with the SNES pad and basically set the template for every pad that has since followed. my guess is that they recognised how good that design was even then and didnt want to fuck that up, but also wanted analogue controls so they just gave it a dick with an analogue stick instead

>first person controls
name 10 games that are played like that.
or any, i actually want an honest answer

ZOOM ZOOM

The only time the stick being below the d-pad actually worked

Most of the time the D-pad isn't even used. Just use the other handles.

I don't think any did. Even if you could customize the controls to be like that, you'd have to take move your hand off the stick to press the A or B buttons.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark have it as an option but you still need to use A and B to reload and change weapons