Yea Forums is not hype at all

>Yea Forums is not hype at all

What went wrong?

Attached: WoW_Classic_Main-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mangoszero/server/blob/master/src/game/WorldHandlers/ObjectGridLoader.cpp
us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/sharding-after-latest-server-restart/175660/107
youtube.com/watch?v=rrnw7XuGTJQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because you can't go back, the only people that are hyped are people who never actually played in classic

>Hype died
>Ameribros getting fucked by streamers
>Sharding
>Wont be adding new content
>Blizz playtime coin will ruin the economy

but user I am hype

Attached: 1551842903365.png (1596x958, 500K)

already played it 15 years ago. it was good because of the community and because I was younger. Nowadays I can recognize the shit tons of flaws and the community will never be the same to compensate this time.

They still allowing you to buy gametime with in-game gold? If so, it's already not classic.

in b4 asmongold

you can but atm not with classic gold, it should be added tho, only gold sellers are against this

Playtime coins are only for retail, so unless you play both its not an issue for classic what so ever

I realized that it comes out a week before I start grad school.

Why blizzard waited until the end of the summer to release this I will never know.

There is only one subscription and it gives you access to both retail and classic. This means you can buy a WoW token in retail with retail WoW gold and "use" it for classic since the sub is the game. If you only play classic and don't touch retail then your only option is paying for the sub with cash.

people thought they did, but they didn't

they're not he's retarded. That being said you can still get tokens on retail to fund your classic sub but it doesnt effect classic economy.

Based homepost.

Thanks for the promo thread retaillet/FF tranny. 27th soon bros!

>This means you can buy a WoW token in retail with retail WoW gold and "use" it for classic since the sub is the game
ah just like I did back in Vanilla

it's like 5+ years late and has a terrible release date

Because the Mythic World first race recently reminded us all how much better WoW is now objectively compared to the primitive content of Classic.
Remember, Vanilla was always easy, players were just garbage at the game back then.

>No server announcment so guilds aren't really preplanning where to meet up
>streamers are complete shit at the game and also ruining the beta
>Blizzard is making mistake after mistake with this game
>Blizzard is not advertising it at all

We are hype, mods just started removing threads because they’re all the same and the game isn’t out yet

so how exactly does this detract from the overall experience, you arent playing in 800x600@24fps with a crt monitor either so its not classic then right

prove that I won't be

>What went wrong?
it's an mmo

i dont have to prove that you wont, you are that you are since the default premise is that people dont play on crt monitors anymore

I AM excited, I just don't have a damn PC to play it on
I just have daydreams about comfy gnome mage times and it makes me sad

Attached: 00b.jpg (450x513, 101K)

Do you have a laptop made in the past 6 years? If so you can probably play it.

The beta happened. We saw firsthand that blizzard has no interest in faithfully recreating vanilla, and how woefully unprepared they are for an August 27th release date.
>layering is a complete cancer
>streamers annihilating entire servers
>dungeons piss easy
>1.12 zergfest AV
>spell batching and leeway are super overtuned
>leftover nonsense from the legion client that won’t be fixed
None of this will be fixed by next month. I’m not saying classic is doomed because let’s face it - boomers and blizzdrones will eat up anything - but it won’t be what we envisioned when it was announced.

they will add it to classic, probably tying it to update/development like osrs

the hype is in my heart
this is the eye of the storm imo
leave your hype trains and streamers behind
this is going to be your personal adventure

Attached: aid517061-v4-728px-Make-Your-Heart-and-Mind-Work-Together-Step-5.jpg (728x546, 40K)

There's a bit of a drought in games until September-Nov, and I can see a lot of people subbing for a month and then just quitting after.

Well all I have now is a Chromebook and I'm saving up rn for one I really want but it won't be until Christmas.
I've shared this advice before but I'm still salty I sold my PC for a girlfriend I found out was cheating on me like 3 months later. Very stupid move on my part but I'm learning

inv
asmon
layer

>streamers annihilating entire servers
The beta was FOR streamers to hype up the game. Blizzard literally invited people that will stream the game and promote it. Of course the fucking streamer beta server will be dominated by streamers.

I do. I won’t be playing classic but I still play games on my crt.

Attached: ouch right in the hrt.png (1024x679, 254K)

there were home threads every hour last month

LAYERING
WE'VE REPEATED THIS EVERY FUCKING DAY

STOP ASKING

Ah, server 2, layer 13... Home...

Attached: 1558201361845.webm (720x405, 2.12M)

Ah, yes, cherrypicked beta screenshots!

those river crocolisks are buggy on private servers too, must be something with the geometry

Attached: All+of+there+people+who+say+quo+just+a+betaquot+_4b5533725dd83c14ca96f5f226519bc1.jpg (1599x664, 195K)

what the fuck is 'layering'?

just use flare bro lol

>oh no, a 15 year old game is merely in 7th place in highest total earnings for the year 2019!

Server instances. A server within a server. You only see players and NPCs in your own layer.

The game will be nothing but a bunch of children huddling around streamers trying to get their attention and everyone that doesn't give a shit will be minding their own business too much to want to interact with anyone. There's no way this game is gonna last

that isn't layering, that is him entering a different zone. it happened in vanilla too, particularly in that spot. in fact, that was probably recorded on a private server.

each zone effectively is an instance in the game, hence why enemies appear/disappear as he changes between them because the different instances have different mobs.

Even though the female worgen models are being updated in 8.2.5 and finally becoming fappable, I'm probably going to wait until all the blizzard employees are demographically replaced with white men before I come back. No basedboys.

i played classic and am hype

people already played the game as it was meant to be played a decade ago
without millions of guides and speedrunners who ran the content thousands of times to perfection on private servers
you won't ever get new content and you'll have zoomies running around asking what shard their favorite streamer is on
WoW is dead, blizzard is dead
2019 will be the most disappointing year in history for blizzard

Attached: 1562920376151.png (332x332, 148K)

i played classic and play private servers and i'm excited to be able to play the game again with less free time and more real world issues to hide from

>namefaggotry

Barry is that you?

>I can’t enjoy a game because some neckbeards beat it 14 years ago
Don’t get me wrong I want blizzard to burn too but this logic is retarded.

>>Yea Forums is not hype at all
Because tranny jannies banished classic threads to /vg/

I'm pretty fucking excited myself, despite thinking blizzard will fuck it up somehow

Attached: 1563998539665.png (645x729, 70K)

He's entering a different zone dipshit

if you didn't do it back then when it was an actual achievement you are obviously underaged
nobody but zoomers and streamer care about classic because they want to achieve what they never did back then being the first ones to beat the unbeatable content
like trying to change history so you matter more than you really do

The dungeons and elites being weak was the worst. I don't care what any of these "classic streamers" who are all 25 and never played vanilla or private server autists say, the enemies were more dangerous in vanilla.

you're completely incorrect

>school
It's not meant for you
sorry

already players 15 years ago
also spent years chasing UO private servers for that spark that never came back, so I'd rather keep moving forwards trying new unknown things and not waste my time chasing after an invisible dragon that might as well not exist

fucking wrong retard

asmon layer... home

>Private server tards still think Vanilla was hard
Yikes

How FUCKING hard is it to copypaste the code from Nostalrius?

If they did add content. You'd complain about that too.

Private server players had an easier game to begin with due to drastically lower boss parry rate (hence the proliferation of dual-wielding tanks) and incorrect (usually lower) damage ranges that were mostly guessed

This is actually super true. Part of the appeal was the fact that no one knew what the hell they were doing beyond just doing what the game occasionally tells you to do. Beyond that, you were on your own in terms of how you would proceed through the game. It basically forced players to seek one another out and relay as much information as possible until you can safely say you have somewhat of an understanding of where you're going, what you're doing, and so on. Nowadays, the internet is a literal Bank of human knowledge where you can ask it whatever questions you have and be met with general answers. You won't need to rely on other players and can get through the game with nothing but time, patience, and an occasional hint as to what you have to do next, even though the whole point of the game is to forge allies and make it to the end with the friends you made along the way. How could any game possibly recreate that same environment ever again?

>"you think you want to but you don't" was right after all
always called it

Sorry but that's just not true. Almost no one reached let alone completed Naxxramas, and they changed shit like AV while people were still enjoying it.
I'd still be playing Nost if it didn't get shut down and I lost all my progress. That's literally all people wanted: Nostalrius with official support and no shutdown risk. Blizzard blew it.

Attached: 8f6.png (557x605, 110K)

we're projecting now nice, it's what i expect from you retards anyway

>here is what you wanted
>this is not what I wanted
>OH I GUESS YOU DIDNT WANT IT AFTER ALL I KNEW IT
Fuck off zoomer

>literally shows him switching between durotar and barrens as things pop in and out

you can see how it's emulated if you give a shit, retards: github.com/mangoszero/server/blob/master/src/game/WorldHandlers/ObjectGridLoader.cpp

each zone is a Map object, which has it's own database of objects in it - corpses, players, and get this: enemies too! If you're looking into a different Map object it isn't going to render anything in it.

Server NA-Northeast-8... realm ForcedRPPvP-3.... layer 12.... shard 6.... division 9.... phase 14.... segment 0b01FFF.... apportionment 61736d6f6e676f6c64.... department Walmart-140... aisle Frozen Foods.... row 4.... Home.

Attached: Smug Goat.png (201x196, 53K)

That's patently fucking wrong you dipshit. You could always see objects within your draw distance, they didn't just magically appear only when you crossed the zone border. Stop revising.

nah, you'll always find a reason to shit on whatever it's presented in front of you, no matter how "authentic" it might be
seethe more tranny

>people already played the game as it was meant to be played a decade ago
>without millions of guides and speedrunners who ran the content thousands of times to perfection

This is how I feel about OSRS. Good game but the efficiency meta is stressful as hell and you'll never feel settled for not being efficient after you've gotten a taste of efficient xp

>rationalizing this hard
cope, blizzcuck

Why are you talking about private servers when we are talking about vanilla (where that phasing didn't exist, hence training thunderaan/badlands mobs to capital cities or running from barrens into ashenvale and seeing the guards before entering the zone) and classic (where the clip was taken)

=
>us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/sharding-after-latest-server-restart/175660/107
>due to how multiple processes are interacting and mirroring code to form a cohesive world. There were similar types of issues like this back in 2004 but we wanted to try and resolve this one before the weekend for the folks who are testing.
It was in Vanilla, they are trying to fix it for classic

Private server code isn't official code

It's ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
They will never get another penny from me, not a single one, no matter what game they make

Attached: 1550884464254.png (447x437, 307K)

They were more dangerous because back then it was the wild west. Half of everyone and their brother were on average unaware of how good or bad anything anywhere was. This is also coupled with the fact that more than half the time your spells and talents weren't even working as intended. Whether or not that's the case in Classic is what I'm curious about. Such as, do Hunters start the server with Lacerate as a talent for example?

Shut the fuck up, nigger. Dungeons were harder even when everyone knew what they were doing.

the pattern of using maps and grids to track and manage objects and terrain on the server as well as dictate what gets sent to the client for rendering is the same, and the same problem existed in vanilla because of this. I'm not gonna spend more time digging through pserver codebases but my assumption is tagged mobs will always be in your active grid, which is why you can kite through maps.

if you're gonna bitch about sharding at least provide the example that shows sharding fucking up, which was that priest in the tower having his targeted mob despawn while 2 fresh ones materialize and aggro on him.

why would i be

I played vanilla, there was some challenge yes, but another question remains: how functional were those talents and specs as of 1.12? Is that what these servers are based off of? What streamers were demonstrating these easier dungeons? Were they just zoomer casual scum? Or were they on average people who've played WoW for a few expansions. Experience is also a factor in this demonstration.

Of course I don't think Classic will "save" anything because it's overall going to attract only a niche population.

>Ameribros getting fucked by streamers

I was determined to avoid them, but then my old vanilla best buddy told me he wants to join a specific streamer's server on release

At least it's not asmon but the whole scene is a major fucking turn off for me. Guilds are cliquey enough without being literal cult of personalities around 1 guy.

Attached: bqqqhq7jd4431.jpg (4000x2076, 834K)

repill me on sharding/layering. will it ruin the game?

it already did famalamazoid

I was never hyped. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna play it. Reminder that there is nothing to spoil in a 14 year old game

That one clip aside, how do you explain all of these other clips then? - youtube.com/watch?v=rrnw7XuGTJQ

Blizzard's unparalleled incompetence really put the nail in the coffin on this. Should have been released 2 years ago. That a company of 2700 people could not do what a single autist in a basement could says everything.

JOSH
DID
NOTHING
WRONG

Attached: 20190724_155145.jpg (2208x2944, 494K)

>2700
It's even worse. Blizzard has like 5000 employees, my dude.

See video in Short answer: Yes, absolutely 100%. There is no denying that it will fuck with both gameplay AND economy heavily.

Their incredibly poor reasoning is that children won't have all day to play when summer is over and will then have to sub longer. Nobody under 20 is going anywhere near this shit. The average age on retail must be nearly 30 at this point. Never has a company understood it's market less and still been in business.

They waited too long, let streamers ruin it, didn't produce a faithful recreation.

people will be trading classic gold for tokens through retail client
its fucked

probably to fit into BFA's content drought, kinda fucked from the beginning

We are hyped ignore the trannybringer shitposters posting falseflags cause they know their weab shit is dead when classic hits

I don't give a shit about WoW so why would I be hype? Fucking moron.

I'm very excited about classic actually
You just can't discuss it on Yea Forums because INV ASMON LAYER

Attached: ௵.jpg (249x174, 6K)

>blizzshit games
"no"

Doesn't excuse how utterly shitty the design is.
The landscape looks exactly the same but becauser there's an abitrary change of name happening at the top of the screen that makes it okay for mobs to enter in and out of existence? That's ludicrous and bullshit.

you have to mentally handicapped to even consider playing a blizzard game in 2019. Fucking incels i swear. Have sex ffs

Like, what the FUCK. I thought they intended this only to be in starting zones for a few weeks. Have there been any news directly from Blizzard to the contrary? Or is there still a chance they're just "testing" the layer system by doing it everywhere?

The farming and economic implications are flat-out ruinous without even mentioning immersion.

The fact that something like that happened in the beta makes me really skeptical about Classic, honestly. Streamers and their hordes are the death of gaming.

so enjoy every other server that benefits because there's a containment server in place you large retard

I started playing FFXIV so I don't care about Classic WoW anymore.

Attached: catgirls are kawaii.jpg (3840x2160, 1M)

>catgirls are kawaii
yeah, you belong on XIV, please stay there

D-Don't be m-mean, user!

Attached: 1488407830842.gif (500x283, 506K)

imagine a grown man typing this out
fucking embarrassing

Attached: 1496618859346.jpg (207x244, 4K)

s-s-s-s-s-stop buwwy pweese :(

Attached: 1482042721676.jpg (834x960, 81K)

Blizzard made 1 statement about it when it first came up and everyone was outraged and said that they will "only" have layering enabled for the first 3 weeks. Nothing since then.

The problem with that is that we all know how much shit can happen inside that 3 week window, assuming that they will actually disable the layering after that. There's also the other "what if?" scenario where Blizzard just doesn't disable it because they deem it to be a necessity. Either way, things will get fucked and it will absolutely affect the game as a whole on a grand scale.

Started a few months back. Classic could have been good if it wasnt for sharding and all the zoomers and their basedstreamers.

current wow is better

INV TO ASMON LAYER

>dungeons piss easy
This is a funny point for me because it just proves pservers overtuned all the enemies so hard for so long nobody remembers how the actual game played.

>no draeneis
Classic and anyone who wanted it is absolute trash

>m-muh futa horsecock erp
fuck off
you and blood elves being gone is a blessing

YOU being gone from retail is a blessing

They should make you bastards pay thrice the price of the sub if you ever want to come back to retail (which you will, cocksuckers).
Fuckers.
Halving the population for a fucking nostalgiabait. Seethe harder boomers

5G FOR ASMON LAYER INV

>I no longer have to share an MMO with retards like this

Attached: 1550043882213.gif (320x245, 1.89M)

>he's a faggot
I had no doubt
>anime reaction pic
And you're a XIVtranny falseflagging. Way to reveal yourself, gz

Attached: 1483110771701.gif (413x192, 1.29M)

Me and my friends are still excited. Just waiting for release now. I don't get what all the shitposting is about, honestly.

Attached: 1497320139891.jpg (550x449, 75K)

Less than a month until release and still no server list released. Are they gonna do some kind of last-minute announcement of a trashy megaserver system? Is that why they are so adamant on keeping layering?

>cutting off your nose to spite your face

Was hype until Shadowbringers came along and completely BTFO my expectations.
Sorry classic, I'm a FF14 man now

I just started fishing today and it really is as good as they said it would be.

Attached: FSH Cat.jpg (3840x2160, 996K)

Layering is just preemptive server merges, and anyone who thinks it's the end of the world is either a shitposter or a brainlet who doesn't understand it at all.
Prove me wrong. Pro tip: you can't.

Attached: 1540510262683.png (284x335, 122K)

pretty much this
this place is fucking impossible to actually discuss videogames because posts like this keep flooding in without adding unique IPs to the thread
really makes me think

Literally my first post in the thread so you're mistaken.
I was pretty hype for Classic as some one who lived it back in the day but if the choice is playing Vanilla WoW or living through FF14's best expansion to date I'm going to have to stick with the latter.

I never said layering wasn't stupid, I just said this moron was posting something that wasn't a result of layering

begone faggot

Attached: 1555970486203.jpg (1024x736, 42K)

>e-thot poster
Good riddance

>go to meetup with a friend in Ironforge
>he's in a different layer
Wow thanks Blizzard for this wonderful feature

>he invites you to his group and you join his layer
So you're a member of group number 2.

>wont be adding new content
>implying they won't do nu-TB and nu-WOTLK and nu-cata so they can milk all you cucks once again for old content experiences

cucks

Have sex.

Enough is enough you pitiful homefags. JESUS CHRIST IS COMING and he is bringing A SWORD. Will you homeniggers answer his call or will you FALL TO YOUR KNEES IN COWARDICE?

Attached: 1453493497548.jpg (800x609, 614K)

>needing to be invited to a group to see people
I miss when MMOs actually had worlds that felt like people were actually in them

modern WoW is fucking awful. have you seen that garbage? it deliberately wastes your fucking time then just rains purples all over you that mean fucking NOTHING like its supposed to make you feel good they're raining purples on you and giving you pets and mounts non stop like what the fuck?

what do they think I am a child? where's the challenge? the feeling of progression? the sense of actual adventure and not just an excercise in fucking futility? god dammit WoW went to fucking shit when they started trying to make everyone a fucking superhero.

Attached: Arthaspaladin1.jpg (216x216, 7K)

dilate

Yes they think you're a child.

Didn't they say they'd add a long cooldown to layer jumping to prevent abuse cases? I remember some guy in Youtube vid mentioning that.

I'm not hyped because of the bullshit monthly subscription fee for a game that's 15 years old. I'd be okay with like a $30 one and done deal, but $15 a month? Blizzard can go fuck themselves. I could afford the $15 a month, but that's not the point.

If they are going to add a cooldown, it wasn't in the beta

Mods started moving threads to /vg/ and people who actually want to talk about it moved there. All that's left is shitposting blunderfags crying about "muh streamers" and "muh sharding" because apparently some people still think it won't be removed after a few weeks.

>because apparently some people still think it won't be removed after a few weeks.
>I still trust Blizzard
>in 2019

This.

The people that want WoW classic are those that came along in Cataclysm and Pandaria and later and didn't realize just how many HUGE quality of life improvements the game had received and how shitty so much of classic actually was. They want to make believe that going back to a time before the game got these improvements is going to make it more fun somehow. It doesn't actually make any sense.

The fact that the biggest "bug" being reported in the Classic beta is the fact that quests are displayed on your map is evidence that it's a bunch of people who never played Vanilla trying to live a nostalgia fest for something they don't actually have nostalgia for.

>Classes with completely non-viable specs
>Honor system that was the biggest time sink of anything ever in WoW
>Raid fights that were little more than cure this, don't stand in that
>Loot with useless stats for the intended class
>Loot that pigeonholed you into a role (T1 and T3 paladin, shaman and druid gear being for healing for example).
>No built in ability to find groups for high level dungeons short of standing in town for hours LFM/LFG. 1 or 2 wipes and your group will probably disband leading you to start all over again.

I've played WoW since open beta and still do. I even have the 10 year anniversary wolf rider statue they sent out to those of us that kept active accounts the whole time. I don't think I could be any less interested in going back to vanilla.

>and "muh sharding" because apparently some people still think it won't be removed after a few weeks.
Have you looked at Blizzard in the last 5 years? There is a very real chance that they will just say "Fuck you" and never remove it. The only reason why it's there in the first place is so that they can fucking skimp out on server costs, something that's already dirt cheap for them. They don't care about the players, the integrity of the game or anything like that. All they care about is dollar signs.

it belongs on /vg/, the threads were nothing but spammed and shitty wojak edits

What's the difference between shards and layers?

As far as I can tell, the only real difference is that shards can pull in players from other servers.

Sharding is usually zone/area-specific so you can constantly be in and out of them. Layering is the whole continent being one big shard itself, but you can never get out of it unless you group up with a friend from another layer.

Did you play Vanilla?

Want to hit high rank in PVP? Hope you're willing to play in BGs all day every day for months. Want to take a week or even a weekend off? You're going to cost yourself possibly weeks more work.

Want to do UBRS? Stand around Org/Ironforge looking for 14 other people (because you were expected to raid the high-level dungeons). You need someone with the key which most people didn't have. Then after 1-3 hours building a group you get there, someone gets knocked into the whelp pit during a pull, you wipe, half the group leaves and you find yourself back in town out hours of your life with nothing to show for it.

Thanks

>but you can never get out of it unless you group up with a friend from another layer.
Wrong. You can still be shuffled into a different layer at random whenever you change to a different zone

literally all of your problems are solved by making friends

>You see dozens of other people standing around
>Not that one person though
>lol I miss "real" MMOs

unfortunately when you just hand people shit it becomes soulless, and i don't give a shit about minigames

>honest to god defending layering
I really have seen it all.

Threads moved to /vg/
In general still hype, Yea Forums will explode when it releases.
Why aren't smash threads relegated to /vg/?

I meant that you usually can't manipulate it yourself(aside from grouping) like you can with sharding. The stuff that happens when a layer is full/empty is just automatically happening to you.

It's taking too long to get it out so the hype is dying. Seriously how the FUCK is it taking two years? Also shadowbringers is actual competition.

It wasn't in vanilla.

>he doesn't like catgirls

Please attempt to not look like a newfag next time.

Unironically this, and i'm a fucking NEET but the wait is making my interest fade

No, they aren't.

The vanilla PVP system was based around your total honor earned at the end of the week compared to EVERYONE ELSE ON THE REALM (on your faction). Once you get to rank 10+ you needed to get real damn high to move up even a little bit. Trying to get that final rank from 13-14 took 3 weeks alone if you came in 1st place all three weeks. You had to come in like top 10 to not lose ranking. Not PvPing cost you a ton of rank each week.

I hit Grand Marshall on a human paladin shortly before the TBC pre-patch. It was the single shittiest grindfest I've ever had in any MMO ever, and I used to play EQ.

The game shouldn't demand 100% of your free time for literally months if you want to get high rank. And it didn't require skill, just you in BGs earning honor. A quick loss was often better than a protracted win.

>Yea Forums said thing was bad
>It bad
>Can't explain why though

Attached: worgen feets.png (1368x2000, 1.57M)

the link is a literal bluepost saying it happened in 2004

From a community manager who wasn't even hired until 2007