So where does it rank in the franchise?

So where does it rank in the franchise?

Attached: 817KFp1wiOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (926x1500, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n6fFoIge5Vw
youtube.com/watch?v=P4MGiGVDWsM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

From what i've played, average

It's at least the best post-GBA entry. I don't know if that's saying much though

By far the best, but it needs a harder difficulty option.

Same as Tellius, probably just below Genealogy.

Is it just me or are the battle controls and interface kind of clunky? None of the camera angles or zoom options feel right

It's shit, people are only pretending it's good because the story is good.
Call me when lunatic mode releases and only if it is an actual challenge, not an Awakenig-tier game.

Coming soon in a free patch

Above all games after FE7 and below the Elibe and Jugdral games
ENJOY YOUR LUNATIC+ INSTEAD

GOTY saved the franchise

Pretty fucking good

This post is reddit incarnate
It's one of the best games in the series, it's up there with Genealogy and RD

Attached: 1398974408030.jpg (1024x1024, 572K)

If i didn't finish awakening or fates out of boredoom should I even bother with this one?

t. advance wars fan

How the fuck can you all finish a massive RPG the week it comes out?

Are you all zoomers who don't do homework? Or boomers with no jobs?

Attached: 20190726_092813.jpg (509x351, 71K)

>teehee everything I don't like is reddit!
Also don't compare Holy Meme with RD, thanks.

Come back in six months when things have settle down and you'll get a proper response.
For now FE threads attract too much shitposters.

I got my copy four days early because they just put it on the shelves as soon as the truck arrived at Walmart.

Probably not, but i can recommend you Tiny metal: full metal rumble if you're an advance wars fan.

>it's up there with Genealogy
Opinion discarded

A bit above average, but it's a pretty mixed bag
Best story since GBA era
But iffy combat difficulty means that it can't really go too far above average. Hopefully Lunatic fixes this and puts it into my top 3

>combat pushed aside for Persona social shit but worse
>maps are still big empty spaces where you kite enemies one at a time
>weapon triangle gone means combat is literally just a battle of whose numbers are bigger, rather than actual strategy
>bland character personalities, and blad designs, many of which have the same fucking face
>practically only one song for all battles, hope you like it

It's somehow worse than Fates.

Best game since Path of Radiance. My list from the modern era is like

Path Of Radiance
3H
FE7
FE:A
FE8
FE6
RD
Any of those remakes I guess
fates lmao

I feel like I need to preface that I didn't really play RD much as it was a hard game and I was like 15 when it came out

Are you fucking retarded or have you never played Fire Emblem before? These aren't 100 hour JRPGs

Reddit begone~!

Attached: 1484993336633.jpg (526x301, 65K)

You sure know a lot about reddit for someone who hates it so much.

Lack of weapon triangle is definitely my biggest complaint, I still organize my units based on that out of habit. Even though in Fates the weapon triangle was already pretty much irrelevant anyway.

Battalions are great though and add a lot of depth to the combat

>combat pushed aside for Persona social shit but worse
I think you mean 'but better'
Also, combat's been on the decline in these games since Awakening, they did a lot to actually make it important again but the lack of proper balancing means you get too strong. But you objectively have more decisions to make what with weapon skills and gambits.
Map design could use some serious work though. I doubt we'll ever get to the gimmicky glory of Conquest again but I'd settle for something akin to it

Where is #FE?

So is class changing to get new abilities still a thing?

In the SMT game tierlist
Yes, but it works differently now I think
Each unit can "learn" a class which allows them to move freely between them. BUT, you don't get to use that class' abilities outside of the class anymore, you can only use them while you're that class. But you can change to any past classes with no cost

I haven't even played through all of Awakening or any of Fates. How do those compare to the new one?

Persona's S Links are better than supports in pretty much every way, and you can do more around town in Persona than you can in the monastery. Aside from the house choice, players are going to see pretty much the same content.

I'll concede that skills and gambits are...something...but when I use them it's basically stophesalreadydead.jpg.

You can pick songs with amiibo I thought

>Byleth x Edelgard
>S0 and Edelgard ended the tyranny of a\ngodlike being. S0 was wounded and lost\nthe power of the progenitor god, but it mattered not,\nas EK00heEL00sheEM00 and Edelgard had each other. To ensure lasting\npeace, the two fought against those who slither in the\ndark, and to ensure a society where people can rise and\nfall by their own merits, they spent their lives >reforming\nthe antiquated class system. They achieved much in their\ntime together, and it is said that they were sometimes\nspotted leaving the palace to privately enjoy the world\nthey had created. How they spent those precious\nmoments, none but the two of them will ever know.

>Edelgard x Ferdinand
>As the Adrestian emperor, Edelgard appointed Ferdinand\nas her prime minister, and the two devoted themselves to\nruling Fódlan. Their sharply contrasting views made for\nfrequent and lively debate, but with each enhancing the\nperspective of the other, Fódlan was better for it. As they\nworked tirelessly to create a better future, they were soon\nbound together by marriage as well. Their children,\nborn to those who had torn down the old social hierarchy,\nwere encouraged to choose their own paths.

>too ashamed to marry byleth
>too ashamed to give him children
>byleth has to "wait for her" to abandon her throne

>marries ferdinand immediately
>bears his children while keeping her throne
>nonstop bareback fucking and impregnation all day every day

HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: fe-3houses-ferdinand.jpg (928x522, 132K)

Awakening is the ideal place for most people to start, the maps are pretty simple for the most part with the occasional more challenging or creative one but it introduces the core ideas well. It has likeable and well developed characters with a pretty straightforward plot.
Fates is REALLY iffy, both in terms of gameplay and writing. It does away with some core elements of FE, like weapon durability, but it also introduces some interesting things like personal skills that only one character will have. All Fates games have dogshit writing, but Conquest at least has some of the best maps in the entire franchise to make up for it.

Once it gets a lunatic mode and the DLC campaign comes out it will be the best entry in the franchise.

I dunno, I like it but damn I hate the monastary. I wish it was just a single menu instead of all of this shit. It's just a waste of time.

Am I going insane or does it say nowhere that grapplers/brawlers can walk through forest without penalty. It feels like a huge boon but I only noticed it now and nothing states that

To finish this thought: 3Houses has pretty good writing and the school stuff flows well into the tactical battles. But the Tactical battles are really straightforward for the most part and the maps aren't particularly challenging or inventive. Not to say they're even bad but they're just passable.
It's a good game, on the whole, definitely worth at least one playthrough

Wait, Fates removed weapon durability? So like weapons dont break anymore?

I find it mediocre but I only bought it for the SRPG part
Always skipped dialogue in FE when I could, I play with animations off when I can too
Map design is mediocre

Interesting. Sounds more streamlined than the Seal process. Bit of a pity that they restrict it though.

>Persona's S Links are better than supports in pretty much every way
I challenge this, I feel like 3H's supports are actually both generally better written and better integrated than Confidants in P5.
The main issue with writing in most P5 confidants (Tae, Kawakami, Ryuji, Yusuke and Toranosuke notwithstanding) is that there's a lot of fluff that neither develops the characters nor does it progress the Confidant plot nor does it even really serve to present a meaningful progress for the relationship of the Confidant and Protag. In this respect, I generally like Supports because they tend to pack a lot more development of both the individual characters as well as the relationship in.
Now, mechanically, you could argue Confidants are more useful and a better integration of story into gameplay, but the issue I have here is that the Confidant aspects flow into the battle system but the battle system in P5 never flows back into the progress of the Confidant progress. It's mostly one-sided.
What I think makes the Supports better than Confidants is that they're in a positive feedback loop with the combat system that results in a believable relationship between combat and bonds, whereas in P5 a lot of the way Confidants were structured created a relationship that was fairly one-sided where the combat system only really affected Confidants on occasion when you needed to clear out someone for it from Mementos

Yep. It sounds nice but then you realize that there's basically no resource scarcity aside from Experience, and in Birthright there's not even THAT scarcity so you can grind up to level 20, perfect skills, within the first couple of chapters of the game.
Yeah, The school stuff also makes it so that you don't need to worry about a character speccing into one tree and being stuck there, since you can have them take the exam for any class that they have the required skill levels for (A in Swords and A in Horses for example), which can be leveled up in isolation using the school mechanics

I dont trust any Fire Emblem games post Awakening

Yeah I always thought the weapon durability was a core part of the gameplay, dunno why they'd remove it, that sucks

In the top 5 for sure.

Yes and it's a good thing, they have stat penalties instead so that you can't UNGA everything during EP.
Only weapons that are heavily affected by it are silver weapons, which can still be used with attack stance.

>Ingrid has an awful lisp.

well that crosses the Blue Lions off for my first playthrough

Know thy enemy and know thyself user

Because I think they got the impression that nu-FE fans just wanted to have their cool weapon permanently. Back when weapons didnt look as cool, people didn't care as much.
Now, like mentioned, they did offset this by making weapons more specialized, so bronze swords fundamentally function differently.
They also changed how a mechanic from Awakening (called pair-up) works.
Fates had a lot of interesting ideas and it honestly doesnt play like other FE games (for good and ill).
I'd say, if you want just some fun fucking maps without caring about story too much, play Conquest. IT has some genuinely interesting scenarios, like the ninja rape cave, the multi-level palace climb, the in-game hospital and the mother fucking archer boss fight

They aren’t playing it

Fuck, why do you have to choose a house right after prologue?
I expected to get at least some characters and bits of story before licking myself down.
Fates did it much better.

>sorry Dimitri, I'm going to teach the BEagles because that bitch has a lisp
How much does Ingrid cry after hearing this?

Do characters gain support when they're adjutants? I haven't noticed anything

Because the foci of the story changes a solid amount early on.
You can definitely get a feel for each house by talking to the house leaders early on before choosing

The money you get from combat is needed to improve social stats, or buy gifts, or use confidant abilities and other social features

Yes, and when they attack the same enemy

My file has 25 hours and I'm not even at the battle of the eagle and lion. I'm pretty sure at least 15 of those were me wasting time fighting the rng on stat growth cause fuck taking anything less than 5

Top 3 easily. Up there with Thracia and Mystery of the Emblem.

How could Byleth ever hope to compete with Chadinand

Question: do I only get dark seals if I steal em from the Death Knight early on? I wanted to make Lysithea a fake mage but if I missed my shot by robbing it, I'm fucked.

Haven't bought it yet. All the micromanagement outside the actual battles seems boring and/or time consuming, the character designs are kinda eh, and haven't heard anything spectacular about the gameplay, just that people say "it's better than fates".

I haven't even played an FE since Fates, and while Birthright and Revelations were shitty I actually thought Conquest was really fun? When people say better than Fates do they mean better than Conquest or them as a whole? Been playing FE since FE7 BTW, but I play a lot less games than I did when I was younger. Should I pick it up?

Best game since Radiant Dawn
Hope the new difficulty is not just enemies with overbloated stats or HP sponges that take atleast 5 characters to take down

To some degree, but it's not nearly as integral as the way support-points are built up during battle in 3H.
Actually progressing each Social Link can be done with no money whatsoever, though the stuff you can buy with money does help.
I stand by my opinion that 3H's use of the concept is more tight and symbiotic than P5's, though P5 has more social content on the whole and its city is much more robust than the Monastery

im too shit at this game to kill the reaper knight, will i get the black seal through other ways?

What does the black seal even do?

Weirdly enough I find the amount of liberty you have on the game a bit of a detriment. Petra right now can crit with a sword, kill with range with a bow, x4 like a beast with gaunglets and even use a batallion to AOE some fuckers down. Enemies have no way to retaliate.
Maybe the difficulty will nerf the gaunglets, make enemies actually hit with battalions or even nerf the +5 movement to make it a bit harder but, so far it's way to much.

At the top, no other game comes even close to the amount of lore, content and worldbuilding Fodlan has.
The lord's stories and personalities are also the most unique in the entire franchise. It's gonna suck when the next game goes back to generic moralfag lord #30

What exactly is (Mt)? I’m playing on Hard and so far every time I try to play tactical and split people up to flank I get screwed. Much better to keep everyone together at all times to support each other. There are so many enemy units compared to yours that you need your units together. If i play offensive instead of slowly advancing forward, while grouped up, waiting for the enemy to come close to my units I get fucked. I bought Steel Weapons but is there a reason why I sometimes take more damage and deal less with them compared to Iron Weapons? How come there are certain stats with Iron Weapons displayed in blue numbers that are better than Steel Weapons even when Steel has stronger Hit? I’m thinking because my characters letter grade in that weapon type isn’t high enough yet forcing me to be more proficient with the lower tier weapon. Fire Emblem newbie here.

You can get more (it will be death knight again, you could try to steal it with enough speed or kill him)
It opens the "dark path" for some classes, Hubert specifically benefits a lot from it.

Like which ones? I only saw Hubert kind of benefit from it

Im not in my house right now to tell you which exactly, but the moment you unlock dark mage you will able to see the upgrade in the next tiers. I don't think you can see them before doing that.

>weapon triangle
>actual strategy
Pick one.

>Probably top tier story, great lords
>Interesting gameplay mechanics, but can get tedious
>Sacred Stones difficulty
Upper mid tier currently, but with a (well made) higher difficulty it could make the jump into high tier

The school shit will be boring after the first playthrough or two. The lack of rankings also hurts the game, because instead of "beat the game well" it turns into "beat the game on x difficulty".

I feel like there's a fuckton of potential for this game to have insanely difficult challenge runs that aren't even that far off the intended path, but there's no infrastructure within the game proper actually supporting it.

>maps are still big empty spaces where you kite enemies one at a time
This is true of every Fire Emblem game.

>The school shit will be boring after the first playthrough or two. The lack of rankings also hurts the game, because instead of "beat the game well" it turns into "beat the game on x difficulty".
Why would you ever care for ranking in a Fire Emblem game? They're completely arbitrary signifiers that dont'say anything meaningful about how tactically you're played.

>They're completely arbitrary signifiers that dont'say anything meaningful about how tactically you're played.
Yeah, of course, the following have NO bearing on how tactically you've played:

>Beating the game in a low number of turns
>Beating the game without letting any units die
>Beating the game while having lots of valuable stuff (you didn't sell your gems for extra cash, you didn't overly rely on expensive weapons or stat-boosting items)
>Getting lots of experience ( using lots of different characters)
>Killing an enemy in over 40% of the battles you fight (using lower-leveled characters and weaker weapons)
>Doing all of these at the same time on the hardest difficulty
NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH TACTICS, BEING ABLE TO BEAT THE GAME UNDER THESE CONDITIONS DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE TACTICALLY SUPERIOR THAN SOMEONE WHO CAN'T.

You dont need an arbitrary mark to do those user
Does the game have to tell you you're such a big, strong, amazing man for having beaten x mission on lower turns for you to masturbate to it later?

How to rate FE games,
>a generic done to death jrpg story with bottom of the barrel gameplay = 10/10
>Gameplay is near perfect in every way but it doesn't contain a generic jrpg story = 1/10 worst game ever

you're getting two more difficulty options later on enjoy

Fatesfag get fucked
A generic premise for a plot can still contain well developed characters and intrigue
Birthright and revelations are abominations at both the mechanical and story and writing levels
Only conquest gets any praise for having the best maps in recent memory, but it loses points for having the second most retarded plot in Fates

I already knew before even coming in that the thread was going to be
>it was good
and
>THIS GAME IS FUCKING SHIT I DEMAND LUNATIC MODE REEEEEEEEE IT'S SHIT
What the actual fuck is wrong with lunatic mode autists?

>it was good
You mean "IT'S THE BEST GAME EVER FE4 2.0 WOO"

Video games are arbitrary. Difficulty is arbitrary. Fun is arbitrary. Yeah, I "can" design the game for the game developer, but that doesn't make the game itself fucking good, dipshit. Self-imposed challenges don't make the game itself better. Like, fuck, you think I could make bank off of that? "Self-imposed challenge simulator"! It's a text editor, make whatever self-imposed challenge you want! I'll sell it for $60, there are infinite possibilities! Who gives a fuck that the game didn't actually ship with any premade challenges?

Yes. If I can beat a game in 10000 turns with 8 units dead by spamming Pair Up with one unit and spending all my gold on a 10x ultraforged weapon for them, I'd like to know if that's all. I'd like the developer to tell me what I can do better. I'd like the developer to give me an objective to work towards, a set of, yes, arbitrary criteria to meet.

This is no different from rankings in DMC, or Bayonetta, or Star Fox 64, or time attack in racing games, or the fact that a fighting game tells you "PERFECT" after you win a round without taking damage, or a level 1 run in Kingdom Hearts, or just having a fucking high score tracker in any arcade game since the dawn of time. They add something to the game. Ranking systems aren't exactly fucking controversial. They're tried and fucking true. Wanting recognition for playing well isn't stupid, it's fucking normal.

Nah looking at the thread nobody seems to think it competes with the GBA or Gamecube games.

Literally the only people complaining about 3H are Fatesfags and Lunatic autists.

Attached: 20883008_10156495884543662_3217748121294932437_n.jpg (193x244, 13K)

Point to someone being that hyperbolic in this or a past thread

I just finished the remire village mission, will there be more after?

I mean PMUs are a thing. I loved my Conquest PMU

I wholeheartedly believe FE12 fans have their heads the furthest up their own ass in the series

First playthrough just got to the split between Church route and Edelgard rebellion route. Something I still don't get because I think I missed it, who the fuck was that big brain guy who was masquerading as Tomas and why did edelgard use him if she was just going to disapprove of what he did and end up killing him through Byleth anyway? Also funny because people told me Edelgard was responsible for Remire and Jeralt death when they establish the big brain guy is going AWOL and did both those things of his own accord

Attached: 64947211_2757733214256782_3961611379203507413_n.jpg (480x480, 49K)

it's a princess maker spin off.

I can't say if you're right or not because I don't live in Japan and thus don't know any

It's a top 5 FE at least, maybe top 3

Attached: 1563201999931.jpg (1024x1024, 123K)

Does the protagonist romances with someone? It's the only way I can play w male protag

Better than Awakening but that isn't hard. I like it though

Actual question: should I end Chapter 6 early? Heard I get some bonus but lose out on professor points or whatever. Playing on Hard,

Best gameplay, but characters aren’t as good as Awakening’s characters

How bout ranking tit sizes instead?

I assume the top three are: Manuela>Dorothea>Marianne

>Awakening's characters
Minus Virion, Panne, and Walhart they are all one dimensional anime tropes so either you have extremely shitty taste or you've never played another game in your life

>Best gameplay, but characters aren’t as good as Awakening’s characters
Don't get me wrong I still like Chrom more than others, but the lords absolutely blow the shit out of Chrom as a protagonist

Attached: Chrom dad.jpg (1302x1000, 330K)

Cordelia > Dorothea > Hilda / Manuela / Marianne
Marianne isn't that big

>forgetting Libra
Shit taste

Attached: Libra.png (698x1726, 1.1M)

three houses is better than the 3DS games

Not as one dimensional as literal high school students

>Cordelia
ironic

Attached: Cordelia is FLAT.png (990x1008, 858K)

Some people say that the lack of the Rock Paper Scissor system dumbs it down, others say it makes it more interesting.

Which is it, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1563601384586.jpg (1200x1200, 342K)

I meant in Three Houses exclusively

>Actually believing this
Also confirming that you have not yet played 3H or watched any support conversations

Attached: 67690952_450687492178925_7278720920942804992_n.png (718x86, 8K)

Flat Cordelia was super cute though, I love women with a complex about their size

I thought they were solid
They were tropes but they justified the tropes by having backstories and relationships that justified them.
Tropes aren’t inherently bad, just when they’re thrown in as a dog whistle to genre-fans without building them plausibly

I love Bernie!!!

Attached: download (3).jpg (172x293, 11K)

Libra is fine. I'll at least give you that he's better than the vast majority of the cast.

I fucked up the faerghus titty monster is called Cornelia

It just fits her very in-character for being generally insecure about everything.
Easily one of the best Awakening characters, it's a shame people try to equate her to just being "muh Chrom"

Attached: Cordelia and Severa.png (888x1198, 717K)

>"You pathetic old man.."
Was this the biggest SHIT IS GETTING REAL moment in the franchise?

Attached: Jeralt_portrait.png (1036x1036, 723K)

I mean more on the lines of side characters like Lon’Qu Gaius and Gregor

This is my first game without it and I really kinda prefer playing without it so far, but it does make units feel more samey overall. Not sure if other people like it but I enjoyed the Fates triangle

good taste

Attached: Lon'qu.png (500x298, 110K)

Gripes with the game is probably the lack of classes
With freedom of weapon ranks I wanted more master classes to take advantage of every niche
It's probably going to be dlc though

>Chrom
haha generic good guy lord #7
>Lissa
haha generic onii chan loli
>Frederick
haha generic devoted butler
>Virion
haha generic lecherous noble
>Sully
haha generic muh stronk womyn
>Stahl
haha generic lazy guy
>Miriel
haha generic glasses nerdy girl
>Vaike
haha generic buff dumb guy
>Maribelle
haha generic spoiled noble girl
>Donnel
haha generic little country boy he's secretly so strong what a twist
>Rickert
haha generic magic shota
>Lon'Qu
haha generic shy around women edgelord
>Kellam
haha everyone forgot about him haha
>Panne
haha generic [insert moral about racism here]
>Gaius
haha candy haha
>Sumia
haha generic klutziness is cute character
>Cordelia
haha CHROM CHROM CHROM CHROM CHROM
>Olivia
haha generic shy girl who just happens to be sexy
>Gregor
haha generic slavic stereotype
>Cherche
haha generic generic woman
>Nowi
haha I'm not even going to say it
>Say'ri
haha generic Japanese insert to sell in the east

Flavia and Basilio are the only two non shit characters in that game

Good but play it on Classic/Hard, it's way too easy otherwise.

I forgot Libra but he's actually ok even if he's Lucius 2.0
Tharja doesn't even need to be mentioned

Not him.
I like the way you think. I still prefer confidants because there was just more of them and while P5 played more like a visual novel than 3h does, I just wanted tons of content. But I do agree that support convos pack way more of a punch.

Give it another shot. It's not as good as PoR but it's still great

>Nowi
>haha CUNNY

Eh that’s selling Libra short.
Lucius lost his family and was a forgiving person even to Renault who killed his parents
Libra was casted out by his parents and dwells on the fact he is is a walking contradiction as a War Cleric.
The only thing really in common is blond hair

I only played the 3 GBA games. And I rate them all higher so far. When did FE turn into a romance simulator?

Sure. My point was that he isn't as insufferably 1 dimensional as everyone else.
And the main point was that Awakening has a cast so shit only Fates could outdo it by intentionally trying to be as garbage as possible.

Awakening

Genealogy.
Roy can marry 6 other brides
And FE7 introduced cutscenes for your waifu

Attached: 75838FE1-A347-448D-AA8E-66331D02A5A6.png (240x160, 21K)

Not as good as Conquest.

At the same time, it was actually Awakening, since before that the Lords were more like generic anime protagonists than actual self-inserts.

You just suck dick at FE lmao
Mt is Might. It denotes how much damage will be done.
Once you get two or three units to be super strong splitting up becomes much more viable. For the first quarter or so of the game focusing on one or two melee units plus Byleth is best. For example I had Petra and Caspar become an assassin and grappler respectively. They could wall people and prevent enemy movement which was important and also deal shit tons of damage. It's very fun to build your units in this game and is core to getting a good army.
Weapons are affected by lots of things, weight being one of those things. Sometimes you'll double with iron and not steel or enemies will do more damage if you have steel out rather than iron. Steel becomes more effective once you level your units up a bit and get the additional weapon proficiency.

In short, read the stats and git gud. This is one of the easier FE games.

>no weapon triangle
>rewinding turns
>enemies tell you who they're going to target
>shitty art-style that has inspired very little porn
It's the worst.

Made me laugh unintentionally desu he went out like a bitch, then Byleth turns back time only for him to go out again the exact same way. Writing was on the wall for Jeralt since we first heard about him anyway, just a matter of when it would happen

>Start game
>accidentally skip a whole day at the beginning when they’re explaining crests
>exit out
>lost nearly an hour of progress and have to retalk to everyone

Attached: 84C5510E-4C6D-4FCD-8ABB-876DEC23A125.png (997x697, 1.39M)

Spoken like a true Redditor.

It’s not like Awakening’s matchmaking system was even original to Awakening
It was fucking Genealogy my guy

I'm partly into the church route and it's not explained. It might not be. His presence might just be for sub plot development.

Are there only two major routes in this game? Church or Edelgard? Or are there more that I'm missing? I took BEagles, not sure if that changes anything.

>weapon triangle gone means combat is literally just a battle of whose numbers are bigger

As opposed to what, rock beats scissors where you still need a big number but if your number is big enough you're in literally no danger?

There's 4 routes, Edelgard vs Church is branching if you choose BE at the start. BL and GD are separate

Yeah this, you could level your own units up in older games to a poimt where it broke the triangle anyways.

Hold up lemme get this straight so I know what to play.
BE branches to edelgard vs church
BL and GD both branch into something else, but they're both the same branch. Is that right?

I didn't make a second save when I got to the branch on my current run, now I'm pissed because I'll have to go all the way back thru 25 hours worth of game

You're right, they aren't as good, they're a million times better.

Genealogy is where the idea really took off, but Awakening is where it morphed into lonely otaku wish fulfillment.

The actual context for the timeskip sucks. wtf happened? You just chilled floating down a river for 5 years?

Fairly high. The monastery stuff is a nice change of pace, but I don't know if it needs to be so all encompassing in future titles. Assuming they're following this up with a Geneology remake (as some of the new/returning systems could be implying), I'd love for every castle in that game to be unique and explorable to the same degree as the monastery, but maybe a little smaller, have more unique/interesting/non-fetch quests, and be more rewarding to explore every nook and cranny.

That was probably my least favorite part of the story. How the fuck are you alive in a river for 5 years?

BL is revenge fuck Edelgard story
GD is fuck around then kill ancient evil story
BE church is also fuck Edelgard
BE Edelgard is fuck everybody massacre route

Should've just been that Rhea went full dragon goddess and sucked you away into another dimension like you were in a couple chapters earlier. And that by the time you break free 5 years have passed

you can brute force through any game's mechanics eventually, but it was fun just starting out and actually having to think a little, at least on the first few maps. Now there's practically no consequences.

>this bitch Petra still hasn't fully learned the language in 5 years
Kek wtf

Attached: 1564369248685.jpg (462x323, 12K)

Based. Thanks a lot. I'll probably do them all and then save the fuck everybody massacre route for the last one.
Do I get to keep my students if I do massacre route? Seems unlikely, I bet I'd get a bunch of new units that are a part of the empire's army.

>Falling for the Elibe meme
I want to like Binding and Blazing Blade, but they're both so fucking dry. They have literally nothing to give them any sort of identity. Even the underlying game aren't anything to write home about. Map designs range from kino to oh god why and unit balance is practically non-existant.

Don't talk shit about my assassin she's doesn't need to speak to kill

I'd say it dumbs the general experience down, but I see why they chose to throw it out seeing how it's not worth much in a game where any unit can use any weapon type.

You get to keep them the students. There are folks from the empire you can talk to at the monastery but you can't use them.

I like it a lot, but there are some disappointments

>No beast race members like Dragons or Wolf People
>Maps are way too simple. It's strange that the Paralogue maps are the most interesting
>Way too easy. Way too fucking easy
>The red lines take a lot of strategy out of the game
>The monastery is too fucking big
>Sidequests are abhorrent

The biggest improvement is definitely the writing. It's so much better it's insane. It's not hard considering Awakening was disappointing and Fates was a contender for the worst story in a videogame ever, but it feels nice to actually have characters you care about and a story that's at least partially interesting.

Chapter 18 I think? My Hubert is kinda screwed because I've only stolen the dark seal from Remire and ch. 18 is the last chapter in BE route. Guess can't turn him into dark bishop. He still hits like a truck though.

>I get older, they stay the same age

Attached: FB_IMG_1564450825380.jpg (1137x640, 97K)

Linhardt's prettier than half the girls in this game

>Redlines remove strategy.

Those redlines are just a suggestion. If the enemy hits you into killing distance they'll recalculate to get a kill

Why does story matter in a series where you can just skip all the cut-scenes?

Some languages are just hard to learn if you're not a native speaker and you don't learn it as a little kid when your brain is geared towards picking up languages.

You also get to keep Manuela (and presumably the other teachers if you recruit them), but Seteth and Flayn left me and I assume it's true for the other church aligned units.

I've noticed that some voices for characters sound noticeably different/older after the timeskip. If you had two of your characters start a support before the skip and then continue it after, do the voices change there too?

Attached: AHAHA.png (852x211, 153K)

What's your point? It is photoshopped.

So which of the four routes has the most kino story?

I don’t know honestly. The school shit is entirely optional but I can’t help but feel that I’ll feel obligated to do that shit due to my own retardation. And the school shit just feels like a clunky way of implementing shit like bonus exp or base convos. The maps so far haven’t really been all that exciting but the first beast fight almost got me and Lorenz’s paralogue has me on pins and needles because I was being too aggressive instead of just letting them come to me.

It was actually a really interesting system only marred by how retarded Siegfried and rajinto were and forging.

Is Edelgard responsible for Jeralt's death?

>Weapon Triangle removed
While I don't mind it's removal, I wish they replaced it with something else. I might have missed if but is there any point in using a sword over a lance or axe aside from unit proficiency?

B rank unlocks double weapon triangle bonuses for that particular weapon.

Something like Lancebreaker for Axes?

They should've saved the dimension sucking thing and used it for the timeskip. It would have made going super saiyan more impactful anyway.

>40 hours in
>still not at the timeskip
WHEN

Chapter 12 is the last school chapter and the whole game is 22 chapters, if that helps. I'm not sure if some routes are longer than others, though. (I'm in Blue Lions)

Why does FemByleth have such huge tits?

>am already post timeskip and only 12 hours in
Well don't I feel inadequate now
Is Black Eagles just abnormally short compared to the other house routes?

For the nourishment of the students of course. Nutrition is important.

When the timeskip happens I'm guessing you don't micro manage your students or allies anymore?

Based

no, game does state that his death was fully by the hands of Solon and him alone

pretty sure pre timeskip is the same length for each house, i just really took my time and did a fuckton of battles and talked to absolutely everybody

No, you do. It's just in a war conference room now instead of a classroom.

Top 3 once the new difficulties come

Different user asking, but that means you don't need to feel in a rush to "finalize" things before the timeskip right? Just make sure you recruit the outside students you want before?

Better than everything besides the GBA games or maybe Thracia an a second playthough as thracia is filled with cheap shit and is full retard without savestates your first time though. Story is good, mainly Dimitri route and has best characterization in the series. Gameplay is bad but competent.

That's right. Just be careful, some recruited students will go back to their old houses after the timeskip (For me, Lorenz left.)

Man this game is good. That Flame Emperor guy I was disappointed he was like "lol no you liar" when I agreed to team up with him. Don't see much downside in doing so at least until that Slither Palpatine guy is gone. Still I wonder who he is. Looking at the map I can't really see any location that'd have a Flame Emperor. No fucking way it's Petra's place because he has zero accent and he's obviously unrelated to the church.

>Not the church
Claude mentioned his region is all sorts of weirdness without a legit real ruler" so
>Not Lancaster
Dimitri's location I honestly didn't pay much attention to. It was an offshoot of Edelgard's empire or something right? Meaning they'd be too tiny to have any real force.
>Empire
They better not have it be Edelgard's fucking Uncle or something. If they do some James Kidd
>"I was a woman all along"
shit and have it be Edelgard I'm out of here. But in all seriousness I'm expecting it to be her Uncle.

No, lots of time played is monastery talking and cutscenes. The game is only like 24 chapters in a route and they can be beaten easily in like 4-10 turns. You can skip enemy phase too.

>"You've missed the opportunity to deepen this bond"
Bros wtf

Attached: 1564369941877.png (603x450, 761K)

Are Paralogues supposed to be harder than the story? Everytime I do one I feel like I curbstomp a lot less easily. This is on hard mode for reference.

Dimitri/blue lions. Red route is worst. Church/claude even.

Shame about the timeskip

Can you change portraits timeskip back to nontimeskip on ng+?

Why does everyone say this? Her only issue is she's taller. her hair is still nice.

Glad I started on Red route then as I'm already enjoying this story, think after this I'll try Dimitri then Claude and close it out with church

Yes but they fucked it up because when talking they use the post/pre timeskip faces and only change the models.

which FE is better to start with SS or PoR? im emulating both so if theres another one thats good i can emulate please lmk

>Support convo involving Mercedes
>ARA ARA~

SS or 7/Blazing Sword are probably the best starting points.

You shouldn't play the series

>massive RPG
are we talking about the same "fire emblem" series?

>SS or 7/Blazing Sword
ok thanks ill check out blazing sword

no

It’s nice but doesn’t fit her face and head at all

I pirated it early and i'm on vacation. I played it alot though, took me 40 hours for the route as I took my time with monastary stuff.

Difficulty doesn't fucking matter.

Will a C Support in Part 2 be the same as the same character's C Support in Part 1?

I've never played an FE game before. I've been interested in picking this one up. Will I enjoy it or will I be hopelessly lost?

Its because its so hard to see the characters, the models are too hard to pick characters out, and their icons blur if the camera moves at all.

Also no convenient mini-map like in the 3DS titles.

I wish all the characters had unique win animations like in Echoes, and that there were more unique idle and weapon animations.

You'll be fine. The plot and setting are standalone and not connected to the others. The school stuff and what to train your students as can feel overwhelming, but if you just stick with the defaults or even just use the automated options until you know what you're doing, you'll be fine. Read the tutorials that pop up though, don't just scroll through them.

redline makes the game more fun instead of having to check each unit for whatever bullshit skill and redline yourself in your head

I'd def say upper-mid gameplaywise, better than awakening and non-conquest fates, but worse than the gba games
In story, Dimitri would be top tier, Edel mid and Claude low mid, cause nothing is worse than conquests story

Have you actually played through all 4 routes already?

>Friendship, loyalty, justice. Only fools allow their lives to be ruled by such nonsense

Ow, the edge.

People always say how the map design of Awakening and Fates is shit, but it's all I've played. Which one should I play to get an idea of what good FE map design is like?

Because unlike other games, lords are way more connected to the main plot, the house's growth and changes in support, and specific villains.
And also, since there's four routes, you'll immediately want to check how everything is different in each route, which 3H managed to do excellently.

Stop being low IQ. Felix is cute and is coping with his brothers death. He's not mad at Dimitri because he's a boar who kills people savagely, he's mad because he thinks his friend is going to get himself killed acting like that. He's literally tsundere and comes to realize knightly values aren't what took his brother away from him, but what made him the person he loves to much in the first place. No one takes felix seriously because they are self aware of it and all his supports have people mocking his edge and not getting offended.

Conquest.

Why do you mention IQ in every single post you make about your stupid Felix headcanon?

Any of the GBA games. Modern fire emblem lacks any actual geography that naturally separates maps and gives different routes. Fe3 is fine too, outside that the good map design is largly based around chapter gimmicks and not quite the same. It's just little things like rivers separating maps in two, mountain ranges, wide and small areas etc etc, the maps have a lot more going on instead of just being an open space with some walls.

>stupid Felix headcanon?
lol cope harder brainlet. You would have to be retarded to not understand Felix when the game makes it so clear.

Dimitri and Ingrid's supports are my favorite. This game is incredibly well written compared to Fates and Awakening, it's hard to believe it was made by the same people.

I know you can only get up to B supports before the timeskip, but do any support points I get still count towards the next rank, or are they just wasted?

>opinion on the game soured after playing Edgelord's route
>start a new game and pick the GoldenCHADs
>actually having fun again
It's so nice to have a protag who isn't a retarded psychopath, now I just need to save Bernie and Petra from the empire's faggotry.

My friend just told me he spent more time doing life sims shit than actually battling.

Nu-emblem is garbage for retards and roasties that hate gameplay and just want to play a VN.

>80 hours they said
>everyone already finish the game
So they lied?

>Everybody too busy fedoratipping to even consider Church route
Guess I know where I'm going when I finally play this shit.

Fates. Specifically Conquest.

Pretty low. You know a game is bad when it spends more time trying to be a VN than an actual game.

dumb boomers

Story is shit so far. People like shitty writing. The main story is doing nothing for me. Character support stories are more interesting than the main one.

They still count. The support will show up, but it will be greyed out and say something like "progress the story farther to raise this support"

fuck off newfag

it would be the best if it was harder, so final ranking needs to wait to see if Lunatic and Infernal are actually challenging or just "hard" like Hard

Playing Golden Deer feels like I'm herding cats. I've got Raphael on fists, Marianne on White Magic destroyer, three Archers, three Brigands, and they're all destroying everything. Looking forward to playing the other routes

Attached: 1471892827452.jpg (357x384, 30K)

Is this literally the easiest game in the series? What were they thinking after conquest? Why would they go to this direction?

...did you make Lysithea an Archer or a Brigand

This looked like it had good waifu potential from one of the streams I saw.

APPARENTLY Koei Tecmo did the lion's share of the development so they might have weird ideas about difficulty

holy fuck the paralogue theme is fantastic

Attached: JC_seagall.jpg (432x454, 38K)

My theory is that they wanted it to be playable for people that are completely ignoring the school stuff, selecting the automated options every time and haven't recruited anyone outside of their original 8 students and the devs went a little too far in that direction. Also, most people aren't doing that, they're seeking out every advantage and optimizing every unit, so they end up overpowered.

Why zoomers hate gameplay so much?

>koei tecmo
Oh yeah the devs that make braindead mashing game with zero difficulty whatsoever. It all make sense now.

The monastery portion isn't suddenly not "gameplay" just because you don't like it for some reason

And you never got him back? What the fuck, I thought everyone said if other students joined your house, then they stayed with you after the timeskip.

>walk around doing mundane shit for 60 hours bro haha so fun lol my anime waifu told me she love cake xD
Sick fucking gameplay, zoomer.

How's the OST? I've heard it has really weird electro elements to it, but is there anything like what first played at the E3 trailer? youtube.com/watch?v=n6fFoIge5Vw
The chanting and harsh piano gets me off.

Attached: 1554579811216.gif (200x200, 93K)

Oh no no no look at the top of his head

they also made Nioh and Ninja Gaiden, to be fair

see

the chanting plays every time you talk to Sothis in a cutscene

Back to your gacha trash, zoomer.

I wonder if maybe there's some hidden requirement or something because a plot reason doesn't sound right. I went Black Eagles with Edelgard and even the super religious Mercedes and Marianne both came back to me despite the whole destroying the church angle.

holy fuck that is good

So that's why the game looks like bland shit.

>Sensei meet me back at the school in 5 years
>Why the fuck are you here Sensei? We are enemies and will fight
Why didn't your character just stab her at that point? she had no guards and had her back turned.

3rd best game in the series

Can you savescum certs or do you need a certain percentage to get them?
I'm trying to upgrade Dimitri to Paladin, but he keeps failing at 74%

Do the other routes have a split too?

>OST got purged off youtube
Fuck, I just want the full version of the main theme.

It's really fucking good. I think the game itself is middle of the pack for FE but the OST is by far the best one.

This song got me hard in the final chapter
youtube.com/watch?v=P4MGiGVDWsM

Considering how many other things you can't savescum I'm pretty sure you can't savescum certs either.
Just try again every week until you get it.

I'm at the timeskip, is it even worth to upgrade to master classes since its been really easy?

I don't know but Edelgard kept failing at 66% and I reset for a half hour before giving up. "How shameful" indeed.

by far one of the best ps1 games iv'e ever played

Every % is preseeded for the day. This also goes for maps. Every calculation is already done. A miss at 60% will always miss no matter how many resets.

Does anyone know if the performance is better with the dock? I'm playing tabletop and the game chugs during the maps

Sothis's theme (The Spirit Dais) is amazing. I could listen to it for hours.

just get the right skill ranks and save the gold

not necessarily. It's like in XCOM where the rolls are preseeded, but you can get different seeds by doing something slightly different

do whatever makes you happy

I would generally rank Conquest, Path of Radiance, Thracia 776, Genealogy of the Holy War, and Three Houses at the top, but I don't know how I would rank them against eachother.

Exactly that. It's like +20% to hit and avo for obeying the triangle.

Are the maps good?
Is it too easy?
Are there Defend the Throne missions?

this, easily best since sacred stones

Can I for the most part skip the shit going on in the monastery? I just want to play an SRPG, not Persona.

>make the game braindead easy to pander to shitch brainlets
how does the shitch ruin everything

the maps are generally decent, the real problem is your units comically overpower the enemy most of the time

yes. You'll gimp yourself slightly but the game is easy enough right now that it doesn't really matter.

You faggots say that about every FE game that comes out though.

A lot of it is just the menus of past FE games made into a map, while fleshing out the support system, but attaching recruitment to it.

Who here is big brain and will wait for lunatic to have the best 1st playthrough experience?

Just started playing today. Do they really expect me to spend an hour after each battle running around the same map fishing and talking to retards with nothing important to say for heartsies? How is this supposed to be fun?

The gameplay is pretty solid in those games for the most part. It's just the story and characters are so fucking boring. Not that I play these games for story but those games don't manage to entertain me at all. Also the music in 6 is awful.

The bottom.

Once the honeymoon phase ends you will all rate it properly.

Its fun for zoomers and waifufags.

How often does dialog in the monastery update? I'm autistic and must talk to every single person if there's new dialog.

shut up virgin

Bet you defended Gone Home too.

Every month.

Once a month generally, some exceptions when they're involved in a quest.

>It's another Fatesfag or Lunatic autist

Attached: 1525835191435.png (235x309, 179K)

What do adjuncts actually do?

Tell what's wrong with wanting lunatic? Is it that fun for you to just steamroll everything easily with no thinking whatsoever?

they're Pair Up but balanced

Does this game seriously only have 22 chapters? Thats like the lowest in the whole series without counting Genealogy for obvious reason. What the fuck did they meant by 80 hours?

>Gachashitter/Awakeningbabby telling anyone to fuck off

Game is padded out by the walking simulator section.

>it's not enough that the series is casual as fuck now, optional harder difficulties need to go away
gb2r

I am playing BE, I like it and the students EXCEPT for Caspar. Looking at him upsets me. Who should I recruit to replace him with?

Micromanaging. it takes like an hour for every exploration session.

gain xp and level supports risk-free while providing some minor battle bonuses

Lunatic is coming out next month retard

the absolute unit from the golden deer

Who looks better after timeskip but he's still a pretty shit unit. Sylvain is decent and really easy to recruit. Felix is good too for another physical damage dealer.

Felt the same way until I actually did his supports and realized how supremely based he is. Dude just casually calls everyone out on their shit with a smile

I thought Maddening and Infernal were already confirmed and datamined?

>next month
Source?

I came out at 71 hours at the end of blue route. Maybe 5 of those were idle time. You spend way too much time doing menial shit around the monastery considering that total playtime is with me having given up entirely on returning lost items pretty early on.

Next month isn't confirmed and it's not gonna fix the bland maps and objectives.

No one said that about Fates.

Yes they did. People even dicksucked Fates' story at first too.

Then just try out conquest and play a different series, none of the fire emblems will entertain you that much

How the hell can this even come close to be considered a top tier fire emblem game? Just braindead storyfags being dumb?

New Mystery is better. I agree otherwise.

Do these people complaining about map difficulty in FE play other srpgs at least or do they just whine about this series without ever looking at other better alternatives

Haha bro just play the game and form your own opinion haha oh wait this is Yea Forums
Some people like the gameplay flow and others don’t, use your brain

>joke about fe becoming a VN
>its actually becoming a VN
Yeah im calling it now the next game will not have battle since thats exactly what nu-emblem fags want.

It's the same audience that loves Persona. Notice how 99% of them don't have anything substantial to say about the gameplay beyond a vague claim that it's good in one way or another.

four routes with different stories and different maps post-timeskip

Why is it so much to ask for good gameplay to go with my story? There's plenty of mechanics they've added that would be right at home in casual mode e.g. aggro lines and turnwheel for people like you.

Because people are almost always going to shill a new game, especially one they just spent money on. I enjoyed my first playthrough enough that I'm going to do each route at least once for sure, but I have to admit I mostly enjoyed it for a refreshing story by FE's very low standards. Gameplay really isn't anything special and visually it's an objective mess. Animations are shit yet again, I was hoping for much better coming off of 3DS. Music was surprisingly decent though.

Do you play other srpgs

the maps are fine, it's the unit distribution and the strength of your own units that's the problem.

People are complaining about 3H you fucking retard. Why can't they give us conquest gameplay and 3H story? Is it too much for these retarded devs?

>HUUUUUR EVERYONE HATED THE STORY IN FATES SO LETS SHIT UP THE GAMEPLAY THIS TIME BUT MAKE THE STORY GOOD HAHA LOL Xd
Japanese people are so fucking stupid.

How is it not? Also, you can literally just skip it like the ADHD fuck you are. Grow an attention span, zoomer.

XCOM, do you play VNs?

I've given up on FE ever looking good, the closest you get is with Echoes and that game had actually awful maps whereas TH's are at least decent. But even if you go all the way back to Kaga's games they do not look good even by NES/SNES standards
Tellius games look like ass
GBA games have nice battle animations but little else
This is not a series that will ever look good/great even with all the money IS has pouring in for them now

Because Lunatic is a meme. There is no skill it's just RNG abuse. Face it, Radiant Dawn or HHM was the last time there was actually a challenge in FE.

I don't play Heroes and Awakening was dogshit. 3H is the best entry since Thracia, stay mad autist

Conquest being good is the dumbest lie I see perpetuated on this site. The maps are average at best and the unit composition is ass.

And where is the skill currently in 3H? Even RD on easy is easier than 3H ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''hard''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' mode

Oh I remember seeing you in a different thread. How much does Nintendo pay you dude?

No actually

>Echoes and that game had actually awful maps whereas
Meme opinion.

is harder*

Lunatic or not, Three Houses absolutely needs actual difficulty because "Hard" is insulting to the word.

Conquest maps get straight up unfun, stop complaining that they aren’t catering to exclusively you, you sound like a smashfag

Worst game in the series.

Do you have to be an incels or a roastie to actually enjoy walking one hour every month talking to cliche archetype anime characters and doing random boring shit?

Lunatic won't fix anything unless they adjust the class system. It's echoes all over again where you can just abuse the most OP class and toss it on everyone.

Conquest maps are fine, and easier difficulties literally exist for (You) my friend.

yes what great maps Echoes has

Attached: IMG_4772.jpg (640x711, 113K)

>There is no skill it's just RNG abuse.
sasuga nu-FE fans

Hi, how long are the stories? Also classic mode or no?

Like just play easy and casual you fucking shitter baby.

Game is good albeit on the easy side. Will be looking forward to the additional difficulty modes
Anyone who trashes this game but praises genealogy should have their opinion discarded instantly

the current problem with 3H is how OP your units are compared to enemy units. Byleth can just walk right up the middle in Battle of Garreg Mach and tank everything, and god help the enemy if he has Vantage.

Attached: 1532044784763.png (276x276, 111K)

Have anyone made the Church route yet? I want to know if you can keep any BE student or the ones you poached from other houses.

Attached: 1542740060601.jpg (1279x721, 89K)

>RNG abuse
>btw Thracia is the best
Oh yeah the game where even healer can miss huh sound like RNG garbage.

if enemy units had more diverse weapon types (more armor and horse killers) and actually used combat arts, there might be a bit more strategy involved, at least

Proving my point that it's a Fatesfag and a Lunatic autist samefagging and shitting up this entire thread

This is true. Weapon triangle also shouldn't have gone away.

Fags are gonna claim the triangle didn't matter, but it actually did encourage you to not just keep all your units the same. Only problem is axes deserved a slight accuracy buff.

>this thread
Is this game actually even easier than awakening and sacred stone?

Attached: 1557541230470.png (1251x644, 958K)

fuck crestlets

Attached: 1564352086928.jpg (699x977, 441K)

Can you play houses as a start to the franchise? I've never played a Fire Emblem game, always had friends bug me about getting into it. Where would be the best place to start if not with Three Hoses?

Attached: Gameboylol.gif (270x333, 2.95M)

I think the difficulty in this game was heavily altered to be easier.

There are some moments in the game that legitimately made it hard like splitting up my team, removing certain units from play, and gambits/combat arts.

I just think the AI was toned down because it was balls to the walls impossible if the enemy students are as capable as your students. Especially post time skip.

So does Death Knight guarantee crit in chapters where he just shows up or did he just get lucky. I was trying to play smart and use Dedue as a shield but he just melted him with double crits

So is Fates good because the enemies could use everything you used against you? It baffles my mind that someone could cry about RNG in a series where whether you hit, miss, or crit at any time is determined by it. Also it's already been established you samefag in other threads.

Nothing wrong with wanting it. But we're getting it soon so stop coming into 3H threads bitching about how you hate it because it's too easy.

Attached: 1516167795052.jpg (750x1000, 89K)

Git gud.

OK thanks, sounds manageable. So basically just explore once a month and do other stuff the other 3 weekends?

Yes, hard mode is a joke.

No
SS is the biggest joke of the franchise

A lack of lunatic isn't the only problem with the game.

Fucking BASED!!!!! This user right here knows!!!!

How is this even possible

Attached: 1519153405708.png (275x375, 118K)

>Proving my point that it's a Fatesfag and a Lunatic autist samefagging and shitting up this entire thread
Just hate seeing an already simple series get watered-down even more just to appeal to secondaries.

Attached: 1484784334386.png (175x257, 108K)

Three Houses is a fine place to start. It's a standalone that isn't connected to the other games as are most titles in the series and everything you need to know is explained to you as you play. It's also pretty damn easy.

Otherwise, I'm personally super biased and I would recommend Fire Emblem 7 (aka the GBA game that's just called Fire Emblem in the west and Blazing Blade in Japan).

Fact: Modern fire emblem fags want to remove the gameplay from the franchise.

There are lines that tell you what unit will be targetted by whom and there's a turnwheel to use when you die. The lines don't even allow you to make positioning mistakes anymore.

Why does Conquest trigger people so much around here? It has the best gameplay/map design in the series.

I don't think you understand the concept of RNG abuse. I'm talking about how the only way you can beat Lunatic in Fateswakening is by resetting for specific level ups or to trick the map into giving you hits/crits. Also I'm not samefagging, it's extremely clear which posts are mine.

You should have stopped playing at Binding Blade old man

Sacred stones and awakening had infinite farming / grind maps.

This game throws those to the wayside and instead gives you free XP by just eating lunch with your Bros.

This could have the best gameplay in the series, with the most difficult combat, and the best story, the best music - but it would still be shit. Do you know why!? Because of the stupid fucking anime school bullshit. Modern anime is cancer, persona is cancer, this dating VN bullshit is cancer. Fuck. Why can't we just have a normal FE game again!?

I don't though
Why are you like this user

Fire emblem 7. Lyn is entirely trash and a handful of the few eliwood core maps are throwaway filler, but when you hit the good maps like dread island, the desert map where you have to save the bandit exp sacks from Lord Pent's fury, and all of the optional maps + HHM, they are absolutely beautiful. The wide variance is the best way to show newcomers what is a shit map and what is a good map

>an hour
Every month has like 4 free times, so you'd really only need to spend about 10 minutes exploring each month. Seminars and resting are good for progression and take a whole 10 seconds, and then you can just do a paralogue and call it a month.

Level stats are preseeded in Fates lunatic you fucking retard.

The AI can recalculate during their turn you know. It's just to show what happens in a vacuum
You don't even play fates lunatic. You can't even reset for levels it's literally locked as soon as you recruit the unit

WT going away could be solved by enemies having Breaker skills after a certain point but it's like the devs were scared of making the enemies at all a challenge

also Res on everyone would go a long way to curbing Lysithea a bit, holy shit

All those fog maps...oh boy

Sacred Stones unironically had the best maps in the entire series. The reason it wasn't hard was because you had infinite grind time and Seth is the most broken character in the franchise.

Conquest maps being good is a meme, what people mean is that Conquest had good objectives. The maps themselves are meh

you only get free skill XP through training, not actual XP

not that it matters, your units still stomp all over everything

agreed. they wanna show off fancy cutscenes.
New FE games are basically just an anime with a strategy rpg spliced into it.
Nintendo likes to innovate with sequels, they cant really "improve" the gameplay, so they'll improve the story instead.

>80 hours game
>60 of it is spend doing sims tier shit
whoa...based...

What the fuck is the point of resting? I never had an issue keeping motivation up, is it different on hard?

he probably just gets lucky

Lysithea outright deletes him, though

More like old. Newfags wants this series to be a dating sim.
FE truly is doomed.

Good gameplay seem to trigger women and waifufags.

Anyone else played Cold Steel before, then played this and realized it's just GoodColdSteel?

Attached: 1554928108783.jpg (1000x1190, 106K)

try xcom

Samefag

Haven't played lunatic but it's mostly piss easy. Spam meals for the students that aren't motivated. Only an issue if you want to do more than one battle a month.

it repairs your meme sword
>Byleth is called the Ashen Demon
can Falcom sue?

the difficulty isn't the only problem, but it's definitely the biggest problem. The other "problems" are mostly matters of opinion.

You can literally skip all the sims shit though.

Sorry meant normal.

you can repair the plot sword at the blacksmith, resting is almost entirely pointless

Three Houses goes the lightest on the dating shit of the recent non-remake games with limiting S supports to the Avatar and no child units existing, and it seems to be selling well, so I can't imagine they'll feel like they need to bring that shit back for sales.

>bro like just skip 3/4 of the game
Holy based!!! How does ISIS get away with this, bros?

>Just skip most of the game and forget about customizing your units lmao

Why do people like gimmick maps so much? They’re more annoying than fun.

The GBA games are a meme. They're not THAT good. Dumb little faggots think sprite animations make a game.

>Yea Forums when this game was announced
>lmao its trash
>Yea Forums after they show timeskip and waifu tea time garbage
>OMG BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You people never cared about the gameplay huh all you wanted was a story which make me question why the fuck do you play fire emblem in the first place when there is better choice for JRPG when it come to story.

Or FFVIII. Or VC2. That being said, it's better than all three of them - at least in terms of cast and story.

Why do people like walking simulators so much? They're more annoying than fun.

it's not like everyone recommends skipping Conquest's story or anything

>It's the Fatesfag again

>Weapon triangle also shouldn't have gone away.
Weapon triangle exists only to fuck axe users in the early game. Swordsdudes dont give two shits about losing 30 of their 200% hit chance when they see an enemy cav, and enemy axe users have negative base dodge so your lances are hitting anyway. It only serves to turn the disadvantage axe units already have against enemy sword units into an insurmountable advantage that forces you to escort your axes with someone that can actually hit mercs and myrms.

Fire Emblem games aren't that long. That's why you can do multiple playthroughs. And as for the ones who are students, it's summer vacation right now.

Normal Classic or Hard Casual?

Why are FEFags at each others' throats constantly

Funny enough the best maps have been the Paralogue maps. They all have nifty little objectives and some nice level layout.

And it goes the hardest at the sims shit elements. What's your point? We gonna spend two hours doing boring shit instead of one?

Story cutscenes and supports don't make up a major portion of Conquest. Supports are also built primarily by playing in the maps rather than running around doing fetch quests and building up skills doesn't depend on that shit at all except for passing stats to kids.

>many of which have the same fucking face
How is this not a bigger problem for people? It’s a complete turnoff.

Just play Hard Classic, Hard is pretty easy this time. Can't even imagine how easy Normal is.

Because there are three distinct types of FE fans:

OG Fans (mostly Japs) like 1-5 and the remakes of them the best and hate everything that comes after

Boomer Fans like the GBA and Tellius games

Zoomer/Nu Fans started with Awakening and like that and Fates and hate everything that come before them

3H has the problem of actually appealing to all 3 groups but only in certain areas

All the same guy btw

>Seth is the most broken character in the franchise.
The FE8 roster basically dominates the list. Even ignoring units that actually take effort like ross and amelia, eliwood is a living god, half your units are horses with amazing growths, and fe8 swordmasters w/ shamshir and 80% crit chance are a joke.

Hard classic. Casual will teach you bad habits and Hard isn't even hard this time. If you really want to grind go Normal.

>ah yes walking around the monastery for 60 hours now that what I call a game!

Manuela's was fucking me up, mostly because I neglected to ever use her after recruiting.

Just go Hard Classic.
I played Sacred Stones on normal recently and going through hard/classic in 3H is pretty comparable

I like the paralogue maps, but I wish there were more unique ones. The Manuela/Hanneman one was the same as Dedue's and Sothis's was just the canyon again

>Seth is the most broken character in the franchise
Milady would like to have a word with you

Its so obvious and sad that they saw persona popularity and just decided to copy that. I wish one days for you modern anime fags zoomers to get some taste and stop ruining series with your ''BRO SOCIAL SIMS LMAO''

Sothis paralogue was pretty unique though despite reusing the canyon
Fuck that paralogue never again

Yeah, different enemies & unit placement really helps them stand out among asset reuse, but I would just like more layouts

Milady has middling availability. Seth is available from chapter 1. She's not even comparable to him

>Supports are also built primarily by playing in the maps rather than running around doing fetch quests
Fetch quests mostly get you pretty minor stuff and you can still build supports perfectly efficiently just with battles.
Predominantly choosing Battle or Rest is a legitimate way to play the game, if you're not very interested in the monastery business.

Because this is one of those case where the devs told the old fans to go fuck themselves.

Milady's entire game is 10x harder than Seth's even if you're not using him. She's absolutely better.

>Seth is the most broken character in the franchise
Lysithea is gunning for that crown, but that might just be because of weak enemies in general in 3H

Don't play casual if you intend to ever play classic, it teaches you bad habits.

I could be wrong but I thought Dorothea was the better Gremory because she gets Meteor super early?

Predominatly choosing battle and rest also fucks you out of customization options. Lack of map variety not withstanding.

Is there any meaningful point for choosing between attacking somebody with an sword vs a lance or axe without the triangle? I hated there being no triangle in Echoes, so this sounds worrying to me.

What does boomers and OG fans see in 3H that appeal to them?

Yeah I remember when they had that Direct that was just a 20 minute long Fuck You aimed at you specifically, user

No it doesn't. You can just purchase the seals from the item shop and do the cert tests in between chapters.

You still have your goals you dumb fuck just adjust them

No, just pick what deals the most damage pretty much.

This. After I got the advanced classes, my boys are just beating the fuck out of everything

Battle and rest fucks Myunit out of weapon xp and makes it real hard for him to class change.

>What is recruiting units?

Conquest is good but it's still overrated. The maps are good and that's it. The rest of the gameplay isn't, the unit and class balance is poor and it's not really mechanically impressive in any way, just minimally competent. People complain about Awakening appealing towards the casuals, but Conquest is Fire Emblem for midcore players, the guys who think they're impressive because they can make a Lunatic strategy but arbitrarily think that efficiency players are autistic.

Who cares? You get the only 9 you need right off the bat.

>fucks you out of customization options
How so?
Customization is mostly just based on what you choose while tutoring, and resting helps with motivation across the board.

Prevents you from recruiting new units and from customizing Byleth much since there are no goals for them to learn.

absolutely not. Lysithea has a fucking 70% Mag growth once she's a Mage, her personal skill boosts skill experience, and she gets a relic that doubles her attack range super early. She can oneshot the Death Knight on his second map for god's sake.

correct take

Attached: 1564372920947.gif (680x312, 139K)

I can't beat the second mission on Hard Classic please help

Attached: 1561172725163.png (840x854, 1.12M)

Playing it right now and kinda wish I picked hard. It's only genuinely hard at the very beginning, but once they get their beginner class you can cheese through the rest of the game with almost every character. Also it doesn't help that the only ghost mechanic makes getting big money easy.

That sucks. Echoes felt like it stripped out so much strategy by dropping the triangle. Didn't help that the maps sucked for strategy too, but sounds like 3H isn't impressive there either.

it's a necessary removal given how the class system works now, and breakers being guaranteed passives once you get a certain weapon class rank is the best compromise.
no, but Byleth turning back time only for him to fail to save him anyway was
woulda been better if he did it more than once

Attached: suffering_0.jpg (1280x1438, 598K)

You don't really need a bunch since most maps limit you to deploying 10 or 11. You'd be fine even with your original students and it doesn't take much monastery shit to recruit 2 or 3 of your outsider favorites.

so explore once a month and ignore everything but Byleth training and recruit church units since they only care about level, or do seminars to train Byleth

I suggest ending your video games life career.

3H would be 100% fine if enemies weren't guaranteed to attack where the arrows pointed and they actually used combat arts and gambits.

you get Breaker skills at B rank weapons. The problem is enemies don't so really it's all the advantages of the WT without the drawbacks

>DUDE MAPS
It still has one of the worst unit balancing in the entire franchise, along with an awful lore and characters being written by 6th graders. It's not Radiant "Availability" Dawn bad, but it's down there.

You can also ask for mission assistance from a student you want and then make sure the borrowed unit is always next to Byleth during battle because while they can't earn EXP but they do earn support as normal. A B rank support seems to trigger most students to come ask you if they can join your house during your normal week lectures with no stat requirements.

they do occasionally recalculate on their turn if they can get a kill

>call it hard mode
>its actually easy
What they meant by that?

How does the support shit work with the time skip? Does every support pretty much have two versions depending on when you achieve it? Or if you don't get to a certain level before the time skip, you're locked out?

Attached: soda.png (600x664, 300K)

>get to murder characters you don't like
i say high thou i wont be replaying it anytime soon

because maps aren't the only component of good FE gameplay. The only good thing Fates did mechanically was Ninjas.

Attached: 1542630112775.jpg (3000x2400, 405K)

If Sacred Stones had a lunatic mode that also locked you out of the tower and ruins it would be the best FE game by a mile.

Dunno. It's not like it was mind-blowing, but it probably had the best overall gameplay to me out of any FE, and most strategy RPGs in general. Good maps and good mechanics for the most part. Plus I liked the quirky characters over the boring older games' ones. The trash story was the only real negative, but genuinely I didn't care much since I enjoyed the rest of the game so much. Even Birthright was alright, since basically having Awakening maps but with some better game mechanics was perfectly fine. Rev was the only path actually filled with gimmicks and awful unit balance issues, but I still enjoyed it anyway just for getting to use units from both sides.

People just really get a stick up their ass for things they don't like or they think threaten the status of what they do like, it seems. Don't see why people get so nasty about not liking something otherwise.

>if enemies weren't guaranteed to attack where the arrows pointed
except that's not always the case, sometimes they change their mind if you put a unit with pitiful def or res near them without telling you
>and they actually used combat arts and gambits.
er they use gambits all the time in my playthrough, especially when only 1-3 units are near them, they'll prob save combat arts for lunatic mode

Not at all. She’s a bad bitch

Personal skills and the changes to pair up were both pretty good. Only major complaint I had was that they fucked weapons so hard that +7 iron was best, maybe steel if you had a fast unit wielding it or someone with wary fighter.

probably*

That's a lot of words to tell us that Fates and Awakening are the only two SRPGs you've ever played

Yeah the triangle still exists as abilities later on anyways and more importantly combat arts are dependant on the weapon type as well as gambits. People complaining about lack of triangle are retarded

It doesn't exist if the enemy can't fuck you back using the mechanic.

it exists for you, not for enemies. And you only get the advantages, not the disadvantages.

I would say so far, it's average. Better than Fates, but that's not a very high hurdle to jump over.

please help

abuse the fuck out of the terrain bonuses
fucking idiot

Attached: 1564059336444.jpg (454x229, 43K)

Fuck yes. Finally somebody who speaks the fucking truth!!!!! BASED!

No one knows what house you're playing but it shouldn't be difficult if you take advantage of forest tiles.

It's on the upper side of average. PoR, 7, 8, New Mystery, 4, and 5 are better than it though. I think it ties with Radiant Dawn.

Who the fuck came up with this degenerate tea time shit

Attached: 56D8620A-C2D8-4FC9-BE65-916F1DBACBE5.jpg (640x640, 68K)

you mean the entire school shit? The current director is some anime-game shitter.

better than "come up to my treehouse and let me pet your face"

user I don't know how to tell you this but Fire Emblem is an anime series

There's barely any terrain bonuses on this level though, and I picked Blue Lions. I'm talking about the red canyon level, not the forest one.

I put Radiant Dawn, at least, Greil Mercanery and final chapters arc, ahead of it. I think it's tied with Dawn Brigade and Elincia arc.

Use chokepoints nigga.

Which blue lion makes for the best dancer?
Is it worth putting points into magic skills for martial units like Felix and Sylvain, or martial skills for magic units like Annette and Flayn?

It's Japanese but it's never been persona tier. Anyone pretending it was is being disingenuous.

>The reason it wasn't hard was because you had infinite grind time and Seth is the most broken character in the franchise
Even without grinding and Seth the game is still piss easy, at best you'd have a little trouble in certain chapters like the first monster chapter without Seth, but that's it.

DEDUE WILL CHOKE THIS POINT

use the few trees you do have you fucking moron. Don't try to rush the level.

>only Persona is anime
PoR and RD were basically shonen animes

Pretty accurate. I'm a Nufag and don't give a shit about anything that came before Awakening and Echoes sucked. 3H is fun if not for the garbage graphics and performance. Not as tight as Conquest i the gameplay thanks to worse maps and no weapon triangle, nor nearly as good of characters designs, but it's better written and the story is actually good this time to even it out. Also just plain more content, or at least it feels like a bigger game anyway.

Don't know about OG, but boomers liked that the game seemingly had less fanservice and seems to take some elements from older games like Geneology with more important story. Or at least that was the sentiment off early trailers, where it looked like the trends laid by Awakening and Fates weren't being followed up on again. The boomers locked their interest in after that and stayed on the ride despite it turned out shit like pic related exists and the tea time thing is the evolution of the petting minigame. So really it just feels like the 3DS games again for the most part but with a better story and the fanservice isn't quite as strong as Camilla bumping her boobs in your face. Still plenty of big anime tits though. Waifuchads still won again.

Attached: 1563987734970 - Copy.jpg (1913x1386, 511K)

>people whining about animeshit in a Fire Emblem game

Attached: 1552883641334.jpg (400x459, 42K)

not really worth trying for martial skills on most casters, but Felix and Sylvain are basically begging to be Mortal Savant and Holy Knight

shonen is manime tier.

Nah. Wait like 2 more months until 2/23

What's the best thing to make Dorothea? She's my favourite Eagle so far.

>holy knight
But Sylvain's hidden skill is reason, I figured he'd work as a dark knight. Should I get him started on faith anyway?

They didn't have you walking around to build up supports or an avatar to self-insert into.

please unironically kill yourself

Attached: 1517779640580.png (186x188, 23K)

Based spike spiegal samurai

playing on lunatic actually helps me get into the story, every battle feels like there's more weight behind it because you're taking it seriously instead of just smooth braining through everything

>this whole post
Jesus I hate zoomers so much.

>lack of mastery classes
Very this. Without riding you lose almost all the master classes

Dark Knight, that's what I meant

Well at least you admit to not being a longtime FE fan. Most Conquestfags deny it. You can't possibly be if all you do is scream "but muh maps" when trying to deacribe ideal FE gameplay.

Awakening was when it started. Fates was when it turned into an actual dating sim

that's just a gameplay element you don't like, it doesn't make a game more or less anime

>inspired very little porn
Give it time

>that
>gameplay
lol

I appreciate that the Master classes are mostly not just "better Advanced classes" like Radiant Dawn, but I do think there should be more of them.

To be fair, PoR/RD is one of the few FE games that actually has politics changing the shift of a battle. It always made chapters engaging.

I'm not the one arguing it is anime. I'm just implying you're being disengenuous and arguing semantics because it's obvious what they're talking about when they call it "anime".

it doesn't stop being gameplay just because you don't like it. You're still controlling your character and making decisions that affect how the game progresses.

These threads have just made me realize that every FE fan has 2 games they like and 6 they hate. And they will without fail shitpost about how much they hate those 6 games while wanking the two they like.

>this game is anime because it has gameplay elements I don't like
>these other games aren't anime because I like them
"anime" is just a stand-in for "I don't like thing," it's not actually a substantive criticism.

You just figured this out now?

visual novel ''gameplay'' which is something that should have not happen to fire emblem.

I always thought it was more like what said
But now I realize that there aren't solid groups. It's just fags who played their first 2, loved them, tried some others, then hated them.

Or Persona shit. Really, it's shouldn't take this much explaining to get the point across. Either he's being disingenuous or he's a smooth brain. Either one is bad.

So did the SJws/Nintendies get the sauna censored or what's the deal?

I like everything before awakening cancer

None of it got censored. PS4 is still the mecca of censorship these days.

Idk. Red is fuck the church which is pretty based to me

that's not visual novel gameplay, though. Visual novel gameplay is making dialogue choices and watching cutscenes. You should be complaining about supports in general if you don't like visual novels.

It's mainly because every FE has some major flaw in it's core elements that holds them back from being a great game. So FEfags argue about which game is worse without realizing all FE games are mediocre.

If that were true, people would be throwing anime as an insult at games like PoR and RD, but they don't. Because the anime complaint is very directed towards certain gameplay elements that weren't a big deal in the older games and it's obvious the insult is derived from assuming that the people that like those elements are the same otaku that eat up harem anime, be it the old school battle harem or the new isekai trend.

Keep seething. I don't have the rose-colored glasses to find much appeal in the older games without having grown up with them. I don't go playing old NES games I never had as a kid either.

Nothing to deny. I saw Ike's games on Gamecube and Wii and didn't think they looked interesting enough to buy. Only interacted with FE via smash reps until I decided to pick up Awakening while looking for a new 3DS game to play. Awakening was okay, and despite the bad story I enjoyed Conquest thoroughly and oldfags with sticks up their asses can bite me.

3H is fun like I said. A bit more bland of characters, ugly visuals and not quite as thoughtful gameplay, but the freedom of building characters and the story make it overall enjoyable.

Again, people generally like PoR and RD, so they don't use anime as an insult, despite them basically being a shonen anime.

What is with the sauna then?

>oh shit nigger he doesn’t know
It took me by surprise. Anyone who said they knew is bullshitting

>I haven't tried the older games but I know they're shit and Conquest is good

Attached: 1512432255443.png (972x902, 250K)

Why not? I went back and played shit like Contra because I missed out, and it's fun as hell. I

when people say anime they typically mean shit like slice of life, harem, high school shit, etc. Basically Yea Forums's taste in anime. Not shit like Dragon Ball, Yu Yu Hakusho, Trigun, etc.

>People generally like RD
???
Also care to explain why SoV doesn't get called anime despite most people agreeing it's a goddamn mess of a game?

people were predicting it pretty much immediately after the Flame Emperor was revealed

literally how

even if you pirated the game only came out a week ago

Never said they were shit, I said they don't look appealing and without nostalgia I have no interest in playing them at this point. Stop being a Nino.

Most of that stuff just doesn't look like it aged well and it can be harder to enjoy things from that era of games if you didn't grow up with it.

But people were guessing as much when he was revealed. I know I suggested it (in jest) because of the color scheme similarities and the fact that he was called Emperor. I admit I didn't expect IS to actually follow through on that though.

>stupid Felix headcannon
What? You must be still at the beginning

It's funny how each generation just hates the newer one.

FE1-5 Grandpas bitched about the map indicator telling how much an ally/enemy can move made the games too easy and Fire Emblem was ruined forever
FE6-10 Boomers bitched about Awakening and Fates having a shit story, as if story is the most important element in a strategy game
Fates/awakeningfags complain about the lack of waifu options and wants FE to be a visual novel instead of a war game
And Echoesfags are "Make Fire Emblem Great Again" obsessors, completely ignoring having by far the worst maps in the franchise

Overall im wondering if Three Houses will turn out when the dust is cleared.

Attached: mzy4Td2.png (259x288, 11K)

I got the game last Friday and I’m at around 35 hours chapter 12

it'll just get shit on for being monastery:the game

This is correct. Hurdur new and popular = bad is the biggest plague of an opinion ever.

I hate SoV but I don't see why it'd be called anime. It's bad because the maps and gameplay suck and the story/characters are pretty generic and uninteresting. I see anime used more to refer to Awakening/Fates in terms of the quirkier characters, like you'd find mostly in an anime.

>they’re seeking out every advantage and optimizing every unit, so they end up overpowered
This. I haven’t recruited anyone outside BL besides the story required ones and Dedue as a fortress knight hasn’t dropped below 75% HP in a long time playing on hard

>manime

Attached: 1556809890671.png (575x783, 378K)

1-3 are garbage. Fates and Awakening are trash. But 3H is actually good.

>Fates/awakeningfags complain about the lack of waifu options and wants FE to be a visual novel instead of a war game
Not true. Being too much like a visual novel is exactly why I disliked Echoes. Feels to me like the boomers are the ones who care more about the games having a story focus than anyone. I like the gameplay first, just I want quirky characters and less serious character designs than the older games offered.

Exactly my point. Anime isn't actually a vague thing at all, even if actual anime is varied, the usage here refers to a specific thing and complaining about people calling games anime is just arguing semantics.

I guess. I started playing vidya in 1992, and had a few NES games, but have more of an affinity with 16 bit titles. That being said, I pushed past my comfort zone and played more of them. I learned to appreciate some of the titles from that era, like Castlevania. I initially felt the same way, but I gave them a chance.

I suggest doing that one day. It may very well increase your happiness.

Go away Yea Forums

every single shonen anime is exactly the same

Okay

Attached: 1557411477947.png (442x647, 161K)

Fateswakening baby here. I don't give a shit about stories, I just want good gameplay and autistic unit planning that's tied into said gameplay like how eugenics was.

based Kengan poster

Attached: 1543363384937.png (712x285, 180K)

I'm the opposite though, I only hate two and like the others. Shadow Dragon and Radiant Dawn were just...terrible.

Have fun, faggot. If you wanna see your waifus with even bigger muscles then do it

Anime in general is exactly the same. It's all shit. Doesn't matter what color it is or how one smells stinky in a different sort of way, or if if's hard, soft, etc.

>just I want quirky characters and less serious character designs than the older games offered.
Er the older games had plenty of quirky characters. Path of Radiance in general had a good mix of quirkiness and seriousness, especially since a large chunk of the game involves chasing some guy with an obsession with birds down a forest.

Although I understand the sequel with Micaiah's depressing storyline may not be for everyone.

Radiant Dawn shouldn't even be considered for characters considering the lack of supports

The 3H cast is actually the most interesting, developed cast in the history of the franchise.

I've only played Awakening, 7,8,9, Half of Fates in its entirety, and 3H and I don't really hate any of them.
Gonna get around to 4 eventually

>I like the gameplay first
>Implying Fates or Awakening had anything good in that caregory

>are the maps good
Not bad desu
>is it too easy
If you teach your students properly and plan their growth, they’ll grow exponentially and crush everything
>are there Defend the Throne missions
One paralogue comes to mind and one mission where you have to beat the enemy commander while defending the throne

I started similarly with a Sega Genesis. Just for me I don't enjoy much of that era now. I have nostalgia for old school Sonic and some things, not really old RPGs. For FE, the games just seem clunky and muddy-looking at this point.

This but unironically. First FE game I didn't dislike a single playable character

No. That’s why you can skip it

even if you don't teach them right it's still piss-easy