ITT: The black sheep of their respective series

ITT: The black sheep of their respective series

Attached: X_EN_boxart.png (1280x1169, 1.49M)

Revolver is a better shooter and RDR2 is a better open world/sim, so this game now has nothing to offer

Attached: Red_Dead_Redemption (1).jpg (284x350, 23K)

you start

Even though X/Y were obviously rushed out for the holidays and probably the most rushed Pokemon games period, I still loved them. The online features were greatly implemented after the clusterfuck that was B/W (And for some reason I still don't understand, X/Y had even better online features than Sun/Moon).

Literally the same as every other pokemon game

I am Forgotten.

Attached: 518vtuV1QQL._SX342_.jpg (342x308, 32K)

x/y were pretty decent games just for the mere fact that the PSS was fucking awesome. only autistic unovabortion hate x/y

They're far and away the most rushed and content-lacking Pokemon games

Judging by its treatment in later gens, it's clear that Game Freak regrets Gen 6

Not even just black, it's a fucking black hole: It sucked everything that made Mario Party good and made nothing out of it. 9 was already shit but 10 settled it for good that Mario Party was doomed.
Super is not that good.

Attached: MP10.jpg (480x480, 73K)

It's a fun game, the only problems were the gen 1 pandering and the very low difficulty. And then again, I thought SM was worse than XY when it came to pandering. The lack of post-game felt obvious because BW and BW2 spoiled us.

I don't see myself playing any new pokemon game after USUM, which I own but haven't played it yet. SS looks boring and dull, the pokemon look like fakemon. I don't think the series can improve when Game Freak doesn't want to innovate or improve anything. The new features in SS look boring as well. I have a feeling that after the Switch games will be released, people won't complain about gen 6 nearly as much as they do now for this reason.

Attached: 1556569750297.jpg (185x164, 6K)

Aside from a low number of new Pokemon, they're really not that different from any "first version" Pokemon in terms of loose plot threads, unused areas etc. The only real difference is that X/Y never got it's own version of Crystal/Emerald/Platinum

This. I dropped Pokemon with B/W because the Dream World was so awful and picked up X/Y because the PSS was so good.

Gen 7 is worse.

XY were fine despite being rushed. A step down but I think everyone would have forgave them if we got a better game after instead of the shitshow that was ORAS, followed by the even more unfinished SM, followed by the unfinished third (and fourth) versions of SM, follwed by Densetsu no Kusoge, followed by a political commentary on modern British politics.

It was like Diamond and Pearl. DP similarly were steps down from Emerald like how XY couldn't compete with B2W2. But since Platinum fixed everything about gen IV, no one claims DP ruined the franchise. If we had just gotten ZX/ZY, or even just plain old Z, like we were probably supposed to, and Game Freak had the foresight not to rush a second gen onto the same hardware, everything would have been daijoubo.

Between the entire game running on a new engine with entirely new graphics thats easily the biggest leap for the series this far I really didnt mind.
Pokemon amie alone was great, I dont know how people bitch about the sprites and animations in XY being worse than gen 5 when Amie exists in only one of the two. Them there's the vastly overhauled and actually useable online, player customization, super training, ets

Then people compare XY to objectively less ambitous shit and actual lazy stuff like platinum and B2W2. No duh a brand new on a brand new engine game is gonna have less shit than games that are simply just tweaks of 2 year old games running on the same engine but more optimized.

Honestly there's nothing I hate more than XY hate. Its just the mark of a brainlet with no capacity for critical thinking.

It's not a black sheep though

Super Mario Party represents a trend I really hate in video game franchises. Super is actually pretty shit compared to games like 2, 3 and 6 but because it actually went back kinda to the original formula after a long dark period people overrated it greatly. It seems like if you let a franchise forget its roots enough you can just make any old shit that slightly resembles the classic games and suddenly people will praise it as the second coming of jesus and praise it as one of the best ones, just because they forgot how actually good the franchise used to be.

I unironically like XY more than Gen 7 games. XY have best online (PSS) and a largest regional pokedex at 450+ of all games (unless Sword/Shield have more).
The problems are that it's very clearly rushed game with bad plot/characters (but i'm pretty sure nobody care about it), less post-game contents to do and it being less challenging. But at least it don't give hours of forced cutscenes onto you like in SM and USUM.

This. Why'd they have to ruin PSS with that complete shitshow of a carnival clusterfuck in SM? Also I can't fathom why XY is STILL the only pokémon game with USABLE CHAIRS. Sitting at a town's gate and browsing PSS, using O-powers, doing some Amie and Super Training was maximum comfy and I'll forever be mad we'll never have Z and never revisit Kalos because it isn't KAAAAAAAANTO and GF is physically incapable of doing another game where you revisit an old region.

Why does that thing look like cancer personified? New Pokemon are scary!

This game right here is straight up one of the worst purchases I have ever made. I seriously only played it twice ever. It's just awful.

Attached: 1418278560532.jpg (250x197, 6K)

sheep of color

I fucking wish that's how people viewed X and Y
Gen 6 was hugely successful and immediately after 5 bombed, retarded consumers directly caused everything wrong with sword and shield by telling Game Freak they'll eat fucking garbage

X&Y were based. I haven't bothered with Pokemon since they got rid of super training.

At least you didn't buy Animal Crossing amiibo Festival like me.

Me and my friends love board games.... I thought it couldn't be THAT bad... It was

Attached: GUEST_c8d93aae-519e-41f7-8154-084f213cf070.jpg (488x488, 98K)

Even in X/Y using Hoard battles to earn EVs was far, far faster than Super Training. And chain battles in S/M are about as fast as that.

I've been coming here for like ten years and almost every time I visit you guys still manage to astound me by being so contrarian

5 didn't bomb though

It was released at the end of the DS's lifespan and still outsold HeartGold & SoulSilver

The series is famous for it's huge postgame content for skilled players. 4 is the only game in the series where you have to play through New Game Plus to get the full postgame. And actually, you have to play New Game Plus, TWICE.

Attached: mmbn4covers.jpg (600x300, 107K)

>It sucked everything that made Mario Party good
Mario Party was never good. MP10 just removed the bullshit and made it so that the autist in the room that wouldn't shut the fuck up about Mario Party got to play his shit game while everybody else only had to suffer for about 20 minutes.

pic unrelated, of course. I meant to post Black and White.

>"Custom Robo (GameCube) was such a great game, when are we going to get another one?"
>Well did you play the one on the DS?
>"The WHAT????"

Real conversation I have had multiple times

Attached: ds_custom_robo_arena_1488727400_95ca8dfe.jpg (640x640, 67K)

As forgettable Pokemon XY is, at least it didn't make me want to forget about them unlike the entirety of 7th gen did.

You know that "you are not the clown, you are the entire circus" joke that goes around? It's like that, except 7th gen is the entire circus.

This was actually my first Custom Robo game and I loved it to pieces, I'm sad we never got another one. Is the one on Gamecube worth playing through?

Being memorable for the wrong reasons is still better than being forgettable

No one can remember a single character or Pokemon from Gen 6

>Black sheep is also the best game in the series

Attached: 443763-xenoblade-chronicles-x-wii-u-front-cover.jpg (800x1128, 236K)

Yes, mostly because the GameCube one supports 4 players

Fucking this. I played XB2 and found it far inferior.

XBX has a lot going for it but XB2 is the only one that had non-trash MMO Hotbar combat

At least that's better than being forced to remember Lillie since that allowed me to just, you know, play the game.

I remember shauna
But yeah I dont remember anything from gen 6
Then again, I honestly dont remember the plots or towns or characters of any pokemon games. Played platinum again recently and it was pretty much a brand new experience.

I would never forget best GILF

Attached: 1536730146108.png (595x892, 254K)