>Wolfenstein has gone down the toilet
>Bethesda/id have given up on QC, didn't even cover it at the Quakecon
>Doom Eternals sequel is probably at least 4 years out
>Quake 1 25th anniversary is 2021
NOW IS OUR TIME QUAKEBROS
QUAKE SP REBOOT WILL BE ANNOUNCED NEXT YEAR
A CO-PRODUCTION BETWEEN ID AND ARKANE
A SOUNDTRACK BY MICK GORDON, TRENT REZNOR AND ANDREW HOLSHULT

Attached: Quake1cover.jpg (220x255, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nYihkKBLsjg
youtube.com/watch?v=zsQFxBndRG0
imgur.com/a/gQUnZ
youtu.be/UxCISDFGPaw
gamingbolt.com/wolfenstein-developers-machinegames-would-love-to-tackle-quake
metacritic.com/game/pc/wolfenstein-youngblood/user-reviews?dist=negative
youtube.com/watch?v=-zqjNkdXT94
youtube.com/watch?v=CgrLN9Wl4xU
youtube.com/watch?v=zjnhRz_GP3c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1564435478826.jpg (1920x1080, 372K)

>A CO-PRODUCTION BETWEEN ID AND ARKANE
>A SOUNDTRACK BY MICK GORDON, TRENT REZNOR AND ANDREW HOLSHULT
Holy shit no what the fuck

Quake & Doom are literal who garbage, being influential 30 years ago doesn’t mean shit. Most western games from that era have been completely forgotten

Hate to say it but we'll see the death of id's creations within the next decade. Arena shooters are never, ever coming back.

Doom is still going strong, and it was dead for 12 years

What's wrong with Arkane? Their atmosphere and world design would be perfect for Quake
And no
>they'd make ranger a nigger waaah

Arkane's heart and soul is gone, Rafa left to be a family man.

Everyone got Doom out of their systems with the reboot. Sequel is going to have fewer sales, MP mode is literally a meme that will die even faster. Screencap me.

Well quake pro league just started. So we've got another year of champions at least. Doubt it'll be promoted too much, but that means at least 4 more patches. Hopefully they can do something with it. I'm cautiously optimistic for a quake 1 reboot, don't want any more strogg stuff.

stop getting excited about regurgitating same shit over and over again.
STOP FUCKING FACILITATING LOVE FOR SEQUELS... YOU FUCK!

Attached: 1529150030085.jpg (717x402, 32K)

>QUAKE SP REBOOT WILL BE ANNOUNCED NEXT YEAR

Why in the fuck would you make a SP Quake when Doom exists and Quake got popularized for its MP?

Attached: 1253982708835.jpg (574x478, 48K)

I dunno, coming out of E3, it was up there with Cyberpunk and FF7 in terms of peoples excitement

By which metric?

Quake 4 was good salt&pepper

because OP is autistic

Quake's legacy will live on

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 43K)

a Quake game arriving in 2021 would be very rushed if it were not already in development

>Doom is literal who garbage

Attached: 1422063442567.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

He's right though. Greentexting and posting gifs won't change that.

>actually wanting quake to get rebooted
are you fucking insane?

God I hope not.

Quake will never be big again; neither will UT.

Though, I think UT has more right to get big again than Quake.

just because you're a monkey with room temp IQ that's been living in a mud hut with no internet until recently doesn't mean its literal who garbage.

>tfw UT4 got killed by fucking Fortnite

Attached: 1562719426519.png (500x375, 256K)

UT4 got killed by never existing

I’ve never heard a single person in real life mention Doom, all they talk about is COD & Halo

You know exactly what was meant by UT4.

Zoom zoom
Get better vidya friends

Dusk is very Quake inspired, and better in every way. youtube.com/watch?v=nYihkKBLsjg

>in every way
Dusk is very good but I wouldn't say it's better in EVERY way. It takes inspiration from Quake, sure, but they're really not too comparable in the end. They're not quite apples and oranges, but its pretty much oranges and lemons.

Quake modding is having a minor resurgence since Arcane Dimentions btfo of Doom 2016

Attached: arcane3-620x403.jpg (620x403, 54K)

When Fortnite blew up Paragon and UT were shut down to move all manpower over to the Fortnite team to keep content and updates flowing.
No one was allowed to work on anything but Fortnite to keep the gravy train going.

4 more patches of nothing
there will be sound "improvement" that may or may not change anything and some shitty cosmetics made from repurposed map assets
want a new map to retire ztn? haha, fat chance

I just want a real Quake 3 remake on a proper engine without the retarded MOBA shit

Quake always had better MP than SP in my honest opinion. Other way round for Doom.

hello yahtzee I love your content but I'd hope by now you'd see the hypocrisy of your hate of sequels with your stale as fuck career
>Quake got popularized for its MP?
when will this zoomer lie end?
Quake is a legitimate step up from Doom in many ways

>I liked a mod better than a critically acclaimed, profitable game

Doom sure got BTFO there, user

Attached: doom.gif (320x240, 538K)

A pre alpha no one played in the first place.

>I just want a real Quake 3 remake on a proper engine
yes
>without the retarded MOBA shit
you havent even played it, didnt you
champions are one of the few good things about champions

Dusk has flanderized Quake 3 movement, everything else about the game is a Doom clone in a Blood/Redneck Rampage setting
It is good but nothing at all like Quake

>when will this zoomer lie end?
Quake Arena didn't exist apparantely? What games did people play over the years in the Quake series? Obviously Quake 4, right? Prior to Quake Champions, which Quake game did they relaunch? Quake 2, right?

You're downright delusional.

Quake 3 is fine, remaking it will benefit nobody
Just look at all of the Quake 3 clones on steam greenlight and patreon, they never get anywhere because the people who like arena shooters are still playing Quake 3 and UT2004 on IRC scrimming weekly

underage bait.

You're never gonna get a true successor to Q3A. I prefer Quake 1 sp but even I know we won't be getting that for 25th anniversary.

If they had any brains they'd make an episode pack like they did with DOPA for Quakes 20th anniversary.

Attached: 32bbf4bdc47a5f7abca75e3f3b3bd3f0.jpg (420x294, 28K)

Nigger Ranger exists in Quake 3, and he's an ASS of an bot.

People were disappointed that Quake 3 was multiplayer only you fucking underage. The only reason it was like that was because Carmack refused to expand the company and wanted to make a small quick project because id were finding that their development cycle was way too long.
Just look at the comments from when Doom 3 was announced in 2000, they all call out id for making Quake 3 multiplayer only while Half Life blew them out of the fucking water. Then when Doom 3 came out Carmack complained that it too far too long to make

>muh critic scores
>muh sales
fuck off
Arcane Dimensions shits all over NuDoom when it comes to gameplay.

>ecards
jesus I didn't know we had winemoms on Yea Forums

you know when a nigger is baiting without any concrete motives for it when he uses nu/v/ buzzwords

And it will be even more shit. Poor triple-a fags. All that burnt cash and all you get - is trash

*sips & plays the legit shits'

Attached: quakespasm-sdl12__arcane_dimensions__001.png (1280x1024, 1.51M)

you clearly didn't watch any of the duel tournament at Quakecon

>get lead with Nyx
>+back rest of game and use ghost walk whenever there is a risk of dying
>get lead with Scalebearer
>use ability to run away and maintain speed with +fwd passive

champion abilities completely ruin the game because they are too powerful when used defensively, not to mention how retarded it is having different base speeds and hitboxes or completely different movement styles playing against each other, it just isn't Quake

People who says this kind of shit never knew what made the classics great in the first place. Just give something "retro" looks and people becomes biased and unable to do criticism.

Gameplay is a buzzword now?

>Just look at all of the Quake 3 clones on steam greenlight and patreon
I don't see a single good one except for Diabotical which hasn't released yet, we'll see how that does

and boomers play Quake Live not Quake 3....

>Rage was already made by neo-id Software and was always shit
>Wolfenstein turned to shit
>Neo-Doom for the ZoomZoom went to shit
>Quake turned to shit

>NOW IS OUR TIME QUAKEBROS

Who the fuck would honestly want a new Quake by these worthless subhumans at this point? It's like asking for a new No One Lives Forever by WarnerBros or a new DarkStalkers by Crapcom after Shit Fighter V. It will be a soulless, modern zeitgeist deranged suckage anyway.

Attached: why would you that's just why.gif (250x220, 1.58M)

Your anecdotal evidence doesn’t mean dick, limp wrist

Didnt you hear? They’re giving Quake to machinegames

youtube.com/watch?v=zsQFxBndRG0

oh no no no no no arenabros this game was supposed to kill overwatch what the FUCK happened bros

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

Not him but:
All damage dealing abilities are shit. Visor, Nyx etc are interesting. Would be nice if one could expand on the idea of getting or denying information of your or your opponent's whereabouts and what that would do in terms of mind games.
The various movement systems from QW, Q3 and Q4 are cool (fuck Clutch). But even though they are cool, i'm not sure if you could balance them satisfyingly.

What is the best way to play quake 1? I don't know any of the launchers.

>>Wolfenstein has gone down the toilet
Last one is p. good.

Quakespasm or VkQuake

Use Quakespasm if you want vanilla experience that doesn't take much work to set up.

>Quake 5 is Sarge and Major teaming up in some hellish dimension fighting both the invaders from Quake I and the Strogg.
>Game ends with finding and teaming up with Ranger.
Gimme
gimmegimmegimme

Attached: 1473043779043.jpg (542x675, 44K)

>People were disappointed that Quake 3 was multiplayer only you fucking underage.
Selective memory.
Any time people talk about Quake it's always about the MP.

Quake SP was always inferior to Doom. Always. Not only that, the aesthetics, world and more is crap compared to Doom.
Making a SP Quake game would be so utterly retarded that whoever thinks that's a good idea should get locked away at an asylum.

*kills your franchise*

Attached: file.png (200x300, 87K)

last I heard QL added loadouts and other unwanted zoomer shit so everyone moved back to quake 3

Attached: 1509015232304.jpg (405x1326, 84K)

Yeah cause that MP only reboot of Quake sure worked out well

>They gave it to Sabre Interactive
>Shit engine
>Shit netcode
>Shit audio
>Complete mismanagement of the game
It feels like Quake, it's fun like Quake, but they have ruined what could have been a good thing with the dumbest fucking mistakes. I'll never stop being mad about it.

Attached: 1562015265075.png (326x226, 115K)

Ok. I don't want Quake game anymore. Silly me.

Meow :)

Attached: file.png (677x237, 30K)

Meanwhile you're clinging to the memory of what, Quake 1 or 2? Which were never great in the first place and always inferior to Doom.

There is no reason at all to ever make another Quake game again unless it's MP, simply to cover the void Doom leaves because of how awkward its MP is.

>and Quake got popularized for its MP
what the fuck
Quake 1 is infinitely better than any Doom

Based.

>Quake SP was always inferior to Doom
2 axis aiming > 1 axis aiming

>Quake 1 is infinitely better than any Doom
Brain damaged monkey spotted.
nu-Doom completely and utterly shits all over Quake 1. You have the nostalgia goggles so far up your ass they're coming out of your nose.

>low enemy count
>bullet sponge enemies
>no BFG or even plasma gun
>doesn't even have a "use" button
it's shit

I hate him so much. I can't decide if I hate him more than I hate Todd Howard, but I definitely hate him a lot.

>i'm 16 what is doom

I sure enjoy repeatedly getting locked into an arena to slaughter a bunch of helpless enemies with my press x to awesome glory kills.
Truly that game is a worthy successor to the original DOOM games.

Attached: 1561030853298.png (1200x1200, 15K)

How should a singleplayer Quake reboot/sequel differentiate itself from Doom 2016?

Guess that's why Quake was always more popular than Doom and why we got 2 new SP Doom games and no SP Quake game.

UT4 was shaping up to be one of the best in the series and miles better than QC. Epic should sell the franchise desu, there's no need for them to make a shooter other than Fortnite anymore. They'll do a Fortnite SP game before we get a proper Unreal.

>hallways with randomly placed enemies in quake 1 is so awesome guys, oh good i'm gonna cum

Because they need to be making another dark Messiah

MarkV or Quakespasm, maybe Darkplaces for the eye "candy"?

Weird, literally everyone I know plays and loves pretty much everything Doom. Must suck being a 16 year old dipshit.

They did and then they went back and removed them and took out all the F2P stuff. But the damage was done

Oh yeah, killing helpless enemies wasn't totally a mechanic in the original doom game. It truly is an undefinable game made of unattainable flawlessness because I've never played, but boy do I pretend to!

That's being next to clueless then, which just shows the kind of dumb ass excuses arena shooter players need to make instead of playing the games. Quake Live got rid of the loadouts soon after and currently it's probably the most complete arena shooter out there and was the one with most players until QC was released.

Not sure, but it's better than the original Doom trilogy
lmao
That's only because Q2-4 are pure shit

>How should a singleplayer Quake reboot/sequel differentiate itself from Doom 2016?

By not existing.

by being good

It... wasn't? Enemies only stopped fighting when they were dead or started infighting with themselves.

Its Quake IV all over again, If Id had outsourced the Game to Ritual, that would had never happened
still fucking pissed that Activision pulled the plug on the expansion pack
>imgur.com/a/gQUnZ

Quake 1 is objectively better designed than Doom 1 or 2
It makes great use of the 3D space and has far greater variety
nu-Doom is mindless mayhem like Serious Sam with health drops
>>low enemy count
There's no less than most doom levels, the use of enemies is a lot better as they have far more varied attacks and behaviors
>>bullet sponge enemies
Then don't use the shotguns in every encounter, the weapon utility in Quake is far greater. Don't use explosives on shamblers
>>no BFG or even plasma gun
Quake has no BFG by design just like it has no Spiderdemon or Cyberdemon, the SNG works like the plasmagun of Quake and takes shamblers down in seconds
>>doesn't even have a "use" button
That was one of Carmack's autistic decisions, it works fine though

Attached: 1457303042184.jpg (1100x750, 152K)

>q2-4 are pure shit
based & redpilled. same goes for everything wolfenstein after rtcw.

I don't recall Serious Sam style arenas being in DOOM, or glory kills.

By actually following the design philosophy of Q1 instead of being a console shooter.

>nu-Doom completely and utterly shits all over Quake 1.
stop posting anytime you silly retard

doom is okay, but it's getting old. quake is always fresh with new jam mappacks n shit

Really? Coolio

the old doom i mean. never played that nushit crap. and brutal doom is hipster trash in my book

>better gunplay
>better weapons
>better ai
>better controls
>better visuals
>better enemy game design
>more advanced systems like movement reducing enemy accuracy
Sorry I'm not a delusional nostalgia monkey.

you seem to forget that Doom 2016 literally randomly spawned enemies until the 'heavy' of the arena was killed
Doom 1,2, 64 and 3's monsters didn't miss deliberately because the player moved slightly because of an overdesigned 'weighted distribution' mechanic
They also didn't drop health when the player sucked ass and couldn't dodge the monster's predictive aiming on UV
They also weren't limited by how many could attack at a give time and need an overly elaborate 'token system'

So does quake 1 have in level music? I'm on quakespasm and theres options for music but I'm still not hearing any music.

Next up: Ion Maiden. Or Ion Fury as it's now called. Lots of good shooters coming, just not anymore from nu-id. They are done. Selling out to Zenimax was their last fatal mistake. Now they're as good as dead.

You need to download and place the music in the quakespasm folder manually.

Delusional, it was outsourced to fans to develop long before fartnite, epic never gave a fuck about ut4.

Quake often doesn't come with music because of license shenanigans.
The OP of the /vr/ thread should have instructions on getting the music and installing it.

let's not forget to add

gl_texturemode GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_LINEAR

to your /id1/autoexec.cfg

or it will look like shit

>more advanced systems like movement reducing enemy accuracy
enough of this bait
Quake did this for hitscan soldiers by subtracting the player's velocity from their position vector while they targeted them.
It didn't require an absurd method of calculating columns and shit from a graph

Quake is old game. I played it, i made maps. But just like Test Drive is worse than new NfS. 20 years old Quake is nowhere near new Doom. Quake have better level design. But that is all.

>imgur.com/a/gQUnZ
First time seeing this. Most of the shit in here is complete crap but the updated Tank is pretty toptier.

Attached: file.png (1357x1155, 2.41M)

This bitch is cool too but looks like something outta Doom 3 or 4 and not Quake. Was she supposed to be an updated version of the Black Widow Guardian from Ground Zero?

Attached: file.png (1200x900, 1.31M)

>20 years old Quake is nowhere near new Doom
thank god it isn't you turd

Stop talking like you were a game designer, all you did was watch some videos. Everything Doom 2016 did to make combat feel more dynamic was actually a key to it's success and the reason why it's far more entertaining to play than any other doom or quake sequels.

It seems so, The makron itself got a giggty update because Bitterman fucked him over, the widow getting a new body wouldn't be impossible.
til we were supposed to interact with her, and she would be the one wanting to take the makron's place and make a "truce" with the humans, in exchange of power.

>sp
doom 1/2 > final doom > quake 1 > doom 64 > doom 2016 > doom 3 > quake 4 > quake 2

>mp
quake 3 >>>> quake 1 > quake 4 > quake champions > quake 2 > any doom game

Attached: giphy.gif (147x341, 11K)

There's no music, it's just Trent Reznor's Weird Ambient Sounds

DOOM only becomes good when you enable freelook and disable vertical auto aim.

dumb esl

>No Quake Live
Worthless rank.

same place as quake 3

Played Amid Evil. Was more fun than any of this nutrash.

>final doom
Absolute trash. Aside from that your rankings are perfect.

HUH

Don’t get got
We gona go get

Why not include it tho? It's the most played pure arena shooter out there and would be good to make more people know about it. They need to drop Overshit, Ape legends or whatever subhuman game are they playing, man the fuck up and join us for some quake live.

Doom is your grand daddy, bow down ignorant zoomer.

Good taste sir. Amid Evil is unironically the saviour of classic single player fps.

You haven’t came to quake?

youtu.be/UxCISDFGPaw

For me it's Diabotical, the true spiritual successor to Quake 3 and Quake Live

Attached: file.png (1552x873, 1.31M)

Just took a peek at the kickstarter. They straight-up copied the level editor from Cube 2 which is neat.

I'd love to see a real sequel of Quake 1

Nigger they mentioned it in fucking Friends, the single most famous sitcom of all time

Oh boy, another Quake KiLlA that's going to bomb instantly

i fear the game might be ass

Looks like Heretic 3.

mmmm

Attached: file.png (1263x1800, 1.64M)

It's a fucking ragefest. But in a good way. Now I'll wait for the next piece of shit. I'm sceptical about that one though, wamen should never be lead chars in games lest its Sims or some shit

Attached: efhlzEG.png (1000x1300, 218K)

I think Arcane Dimensions and nuDoom are both extremely good.
The only thing nuDoom did really terribly was the lack of server lists and LAN for the MP. Fucking greddy ass retard design to fascilitate microtransactions.

Be careful of what you wish for.
gamingbolt.com/wolfenstein-developers-machinegames-would-love-to-tackle-quake

Attached: one finger curls inward.jpg (1000x541, 108K)

I work at a family owned resort that recieves around 1,000 guests from everywhere around the world, even small European countries every 3 weeks. Every evening me and the staff play games in the living room. All of the games on the left were stuff that most people recognized right away without having to ask me what it was called, the games on the right were stuff that people had to ask us what the name of the games were because they didn't recognize them

Attached: Left = Recognized, Right = Most didn;t.jpg (2695x1368, 3.54M)

Yeah and then there's this stuff lol
metacritic.com/game/pc/wolfenstein-youngblood/user-reviews?dist=negative

>Machinegames
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
FUCK NO
ABSOLUTELY NOT OKAY

> Dance Dance Revolution
I genuinely doubt that normalfags have heard about this game

>normies recognize RDR
>but not RDR2
doubt.png

"Ah yes Im a fan of Red Dead Redemption and Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2"
"Wait theres Red Dead Redemption 2? and Metal Gear Solid 3?"

RDR1 is iconic as fuck

View numbers for DOOM and cyberpunk were some of the highest at e3

Yeah, and forgotten as fuck.

The zoomers who grew up with RDR1 are in their 20s now, the only people i met that still actively play new games were Switch owners

Is there a solid date yet? I have it on my watchlist because it looks sick

>Bethesda/id have given up on QC, didn't even cover it at the Quakecon
But that's wrong.

Attached: Quake Champions Raisy Sorlag.webm (768x432, 2.93M)

there was a tournament but they didn't talk about the game at all, like they did for literally everything else

Can't really judge how stuff was advertized but the entire last day was dedicated to Quake Champions.
Not sure what you mean with, "talk about the game" like how what updates they plan and such?

Attached: Quake Pro League.png (1920x1080, 198K)

>gunplay
Practically the same between both games except the weapons in nuDoom have gimmick that don't really make a difference

>weapons
Same thing, retard

>ai
Both enemies shoot and run at you following their pre-programmed patterns. This ain't FEAR levels

>controls
Again, literally the same thing between both games. I've been using the same keybinds for FPS games for years

>enemy design
Shit taste. If you had said Eternal I might've given you credit but 2016 is generic sci-fi aliens

>advanced systems
Nice fucking buzzword, kid. Meanwhile Quake has rocket jumping, strafing, and bunny hopping to name a few

You may be like me in that you did not have grown up with Quake 1, but you are a fucking underage little contrarian shit.

>"Now the flowers will grow"
Never thought a Postal referece would work in a Fantasy game.

The last updates have looked pretty promising

yeah it looks great, pretty sure anyone who says otherwise is a beth shill

Bethesda is a truly terrible publisher.
All their subsidiary studios are some weird mix of being told to run rampant while nailing them with poor advertisement, poor direction towards saleable products or outright stupid decisions like stapling microtransactions onto their games. Or making a hero shooter at a time where it was saturated and most were failing right out the gate, see Blunderborne or that Chivalry dev's follow-up.
QC did amazingly considering how the competition fared.

looks fucking dope. I just finished amid evil it was amazing now that's what I'm talking about

Holy fuck, why do people these days play garbage like fartnite when THIS FUCKING AWESOME SHIT RIGHT HERE EXISTS
Modern gamers are a fucking bunch of morons for abandoning classic shooters.

Are you playing Quake Champions?

Alright bros should I get quake on steam or what? I heard it had issues?

I want to play it but it seems like it's hard to find unlike doom wads.

>tfw we will never get a new Hexen
It hurts bros

You can buy on Steam and then play it using one of the source ports. Steam version also doesn't come with music so you have to download that somewhere else

Don't buy it.
has download links

Why shouldn't I buy it. Doesn't it have online like quake 3

You can play online without buying it.

Went to Quakecon and met some of the Nightdive Studios devs there. When I asked them what they had planned they stated "We can't tell you but we're here at Quakecon for a reason".

Maybe possible Quake 1 or Doom 64 remaster?

more like, nosedive hue hue

I played far more Quake singleplayer than I ever did multiplayer back in the day.

Why won’t they re-release Quake 1 on console outside of Quake 3 it’s the only other decent entry in the series

Graphically, I like Witchfire. It scratches that Painkiller theme itch. But gameplay-wise it's likely a tie between Wrath and Fury.
I'm good with Quake 1 thx. id can fuck off already. They turned themselves into shit and sold out like bitches.
Wokenstein is a period blood travesty now. Who gives a fuck about cunt companies

youtube.com/watch?v=-zqjNkdXT94
youtube.com/watch?v=CgrLN9Wl4xU
youtube.com/watch?v=zjnhRz_GP3c

I've got my eye on Witchfire. Bit wary, given the inspirations and the team.
Painkiller was fine, but there were like 5 Painkiller games and every one after the first was dogshit.

this shit was super popular in the 00s

Isn't it illegal though.

Carmack said it's fine.

Attached: 1561867846936.gif (800x600, 876K)