Devil dmc

FUCK

This game has no right to be as good as it is.

After the disappointment of 4, I didn't expect there to be another good DMC but christ almighty I'm having so much fun.

Attached: Devil-May-Cry-5-livestream.jpg (1920x1080, 869K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ntVTVSZd-dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=M8PkNCtHaNo
youtube.com/watch?v=l2KWTEhyVX8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vergil when

The level design and writing are trash though. The gameplay is good but it's mostly copy pasted from 4

I hate how good the levels look even tho there's nothing to them.

Attached: Devil May Cry Level Design Evolution.jpg (1616x966, 314K)

>The level design and writing are trash though.
shit taste

is there a map like that for dmc1??

What DMC even has decent writing outside of 3?

The level design in 5 was absolutely horrible, it had zero atmosphere, unlike 1 or 3, or even 4. Tell me what was good about it? I remember almost nothing, unlike from 1 that i played four years ago. There wasn't even any puzzles. Easily the worst thing in 5 and most disappointing thing. Bosses were also horrible, other than Vergil. His boss battle was great and those cutscene were too, only reason why i have warm feelings towards that game. But i will probably will never re play the game, unlike i did for 1,3 and 4.

Who gives a fuck about that
This is dmc and not re
Fighting is the only thing you ever want to do, that's why people spend so much more time in bloody palace

5 years of dev time can do that.

Campaign should differentiate itself from Bloody palace though.

>Tell me what was good about it?
Large, meaty levels with plenty of encounters. Large selection of enemies with no bad or gimmicky enemies ones. No backtracking. No pointless puzzles or plataforming to waste time on. No need to replay secret missions in the moment.

And it does, by having unique environments, plot and cutscenes.

I don't like your taste. I don't even remember what enemies there were, some big headed pumpkins is all i can remember. What bosses were there even?
What is the point of fighting if it feels like nothing and enemies are whatever? I still remember that Shadow cat encounter in 1 and his music, but i don't remember him in 5 at all.
I also really wanted to like this game, and i think it's fine, but it's only a shadow what they were.

It didn't, the game was bloody palace hidden in sight, and you know this.

youtube.com/watch?v=ntVTVSZd-dQ

>whining about less puzzles and less platforming sections in an action game

>I don't like your taste.
That's too bad I guess, but that isn't an argument for why puzzles and backtracking belong in a beat-em-up, or why half of DMC3 and 4 enemies aren't terribly designed.

>I don't even remember what enemies there were, some big headed pumpkins is all i can remember.
I don't think you really got far into the game if that's the case.

youtube.com/watch?v=M8PkNCtHaNo

>What is the point of fighting if it feels like nothing and enemies are whatever?
What is the point in discussing things with you at all if you don't "remember" anything about?

Sometimes I wish I was brainlet like OP and could unquestionably enjoy things without realizing how trash it is. I bet life is way more enjoyable.

This game was better before it came out

Attached: 4BD57892-643D-4E1A-9E17-C06B4EC6EE16.jpg (680x278, 31K)

All these years and they're still butthurt. Next dmc will still have the reboot mentioned.

A rip-off of They Live is still more relevant than this?
>It's not about loss... Strength is a choice. Fighting like hell to protect what's important.

I don't remember them because they were forgettable, that's the point. Vergil was great and i liked that "angel sound" lady did, but i literally didn't remember most of those bosses, that is not a good sign. I did finish the game, but i don't think i will replay it until 2024. You sound like a person who thought that Neo fighting those 200 Smith's in Matrix 2 were awesome, to me that was boring as fuck. I like more when it's like in the duelist, when there is build up and an atmosphere. That's also why last Vergil fight was the best.
youtube.com/watch?v=l2KWTEhyVX8

Pumpkins? I can't figure out what enemy even vaguely fits that description.

Attached: Confusion.jpg (297x545, 38K)

>No backtracking. No pointless puzzles or plataforming

Yeah, that's what made it boring

It's just Bloody Palace with expensive cutscenes

Attached: 1538815531374.jpg (1080x706, 58K)

>that isn't an argument for why puzzles and backtracking belong in a beat-em-up

Variety is always good and keeps things fresh

Attached: 1538174412591.jpg (604x479, 31K)

>Variety is always good
haha yeah 5 really could have used some whack a mole minigames and sudoku puzzles really would have made it better

It sincerely and unironically would actually

Attached: 1552133832144.jpg (993x668, 141K)

Does anyone know if that non Denuvo .exe still works for the latest version?

>I don't remember them because they were forgettable, that's the point.
You have yet to articulate any point, that's the problem. You're not saying why any of the enemies are bad or forgettable. They all present unique challenges which require you to use the game mechanics.

Take Hell Antenoras for example: they have a unique state that makes them unstaggerable if you knock them down, which makes you use air combos against them. Furies require you learn how to parry and evade them and how to maximize your DPS. Behemoths allow you to fight them chained or unchained. Death Scissors have a shield that can be dealt with immediately if you parry them, killing them in one hit.

DMC5 has great enemy design. It's your problem if you can't appreciate because you barely played the game once.

>After the disappointment of 4

4 is perfectly fine, you should play DMC for the gameplay who cares that you are backtracking halfway in.

>NNOOOOOO!!! I WANT TO RUN AROUND THE SAME ROOM 20 TIMES TO COLLECT MCGUFFINS! HOW DARE THEY MAKE MISSIONS THAT AREN'T A FUCKING DRAG TO REPLAY!!!

Attached: 1561447400041.png (785x1000, 254K)

the puzzles aren't keeping anything fresh after the first playthrough

Something that's completely outside the game's genre isn't variety, it's a distraction.

Greatest action game of all time. It's not perfect but as an overall package, it is the best in the entire series and stands above every other action game ever made.

Level design is fine and the writing, while not really as good as 3 and kinda underwhelming, is the second best in the series.

It also has the best atmosphere in the series after 1 too.

I don't understand why people shit on the level design of 5 much more than the other games, the missions are pretty open and a good number of them have diverging paths or fun gimmicks that aren't annoying and secrets to find.

Attached: 1554113124176.gif (1372x1024, 800K)

old good
new bad

New things can't be good.

No puzzles make the game so much easier to replay
fuck puzzles