Can I just say: thank GOD for emulation

Can I just say: thank GOD for emulation.

Attached: odyssey.webm (900x506, 3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

destructoid.com/transgender-dolphin-emulator-developer-dead-age-23-291041.phtml
lan-play.com/,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thank the devs

>computer is too weak to play gamecube games
>no hope in running switch ones
I should upgrade, but upgrading just for emulation seems a tad silly.
I could just get a Switch, hack it and play everything that way instead.

Attached: 1557027061390.gif (602x476, 89K)

Its cool I guess specially in 20 years when switches are no more but I dont like that is only used to shitpost around here

always good to see progress, can see myself using it in 10-15 years to play a handful of things I didn't care enough about to play at launch (assuming it doesn't become an emulator that can't run anything but zelda and mario)

NINTENDO

>tfw been playing splatoon 1 online on CEMU with gyro in 4k
fuck nintendo and fuck paid online

splatoon 1 never had paid online

Does the whole game run 15fps like that?

I'm talking about splatoon 2. you can do the same thing with yuzu and private servers but yuzu is shit

What in the fuck are you running my dude? I feel bad for anyone not able to run fucking Dolphin on their PC, shit's optimized better than MAME these days!

An intel i5-2520m under Linux.
Might've just been the game, though (NFSU2).
I'll try again later.

I used to use it on my old i7 2600 on linux just fine, with a 560ti

I got a 8700k and a 1070 now though

I remember the cope when you could actually get past the opening menu in odyssey over a year ago and now it runs almost 1to1 to the switch. What's the point of even buying one anymore?

...but wait, I just noticed that "m"

guess that's the epitome of shit then

no bulli

Attached: 1542860312751.png (650x600, 41K)

>the cope
Please fuck off

Seethe. Harder.

How do people memorize all these serial numbers and shit
I just buy computer and computer works

See this is why I want you to fuck off
Nobody is seething, you have mental problems and shit up every thread you enter
You are cancer

is xenoblade playable?

>thank GOD I can emulate a game that gets boring in 2 hours
yikes

My fucking phone runs Dolphin at alright speed

I’m surprised you even know how to post on this website if you find computer part names too complicated.

Stealing games is a felony
It's worse than robbing the elderly

Attached: 1501798147144.jpg (806x640, 59K)

Holy shit you are mad. Your tears are delicious

I know the part names
I dont know their serial numbers for every graphic card
Why do people memorize those

who's talking about stealing games here

just play your own rips user

Why would you upgrade just for emulation? When you're upgrading not only are giving yourself the chance to play emulated games but also playing other modern games at their peak performance.
Also have fun trying out gamecube games on the switch. And also 3ds games and also ps2 games and also wii games and also wiiu games and also pep games and also....

>keep getting missing models on Zeonic Front, people mention it before but no solutions

only game i've had issues with

Alright man whatever makes you happy I guess
Im the idiot for replying, there is no fixing you underage retards, just hiding the posts.

I wont play another nintendo game after how boring botw was

>modern games at their peak performance.
I'll pass.
>Also have fun trying out gamecube games on the switch
Fuck you. Switch is going to be a superpower by 2030. Just you wait.

>tfw even Sony acknowledge emulators as a good thing by using open sources emulators developed by the community in their devices

There's nothing from the GC or after (consoles in the 2000s) worth playing. You're not missing shit.
Just make sure you can run the previous generation at least (Dreamcast runs on the worst of potatoes and Saturn can be problematic but doable).

>Emulating current gen games

I love emulation, but this is stealing.

Grab a Switch and a copy of the game poorfags.

Basically its pointless to ever buy a Shitch because it will be emulated before SMT5 comes out.

Thanks for saving me money OP.

GC and PS2 have tons of games worth playing
After that gen you can count the console games worth playing with one hand.

>It's worse than robbing the elderly
Not when its Nintendo, they are a shit company.

>buying a $2000 PC to emulate a $200 system at 20FPS

why?

Attached: 1564252398032.jpg (800x800, 127K)

copying an apple off someones apple tree is not stealing. it's at most in a grey area of legality

For portability. I had a switch at launch but recently sold it and put the money towards a 2k guitar. It was just collecting dust and the only games I want are prime 4 and botw 2 and those game will be out when the ps5 is launched probably so I wont care by then. I will say playing hollow knight in my bed with headphones was kino but otherwise I found my switch useless since I didnt play in handheld mode that often. People who do I can absolutely see the justification in owning one or if you just really like indie games and cant be bothered to buy a pc.

No, a PC can do more than emulate. Much more than a Shitch will ever do.

apples arent copyrighted

Well good thing I won't see it.
Cause I'll be dead by then.

Attached: 1537624404304.gif (400x225, 3.43M)

You mean
>Buying a 2000$ PC to play everything you want on PC without drawbacks
>Oh and you can also use any emulator you want if that suits your fancy the tech isn't perfect but it gets better every year
Emulators are a bonus but I'm sure you already knew this.

$2000
where are you getting this number from?

>why?
it's more just another pro for people who have PCs.

wtf are you talking about you ape nigger

>worth playing on GC
Name them please. Genuinely want to know so I can dl them.

>seethe cope seethe cope seethe cope seethecope seethecope seethecope seethecope seethecope seethecopeseethecopeseethecopeseethecopeseethecope

Attached: tired.webm (720x299, 109K)

Too bad they're not using them.
I mean PS2 Classics are nice but what's up with that tiny ass library and the missing PS1 games?

Lucky bastard.

Attached: 1556187054733.jpg (590x550, 34K)

>haha those losers going to theatres the day of the release of the movie when i just steal them from the bargain bin at walmart years later
>i truly am the masterrace

>I'll just use to for pc gaming
I literally made a $200 PC that runs all current games at 60 fps

>need a $2000 machine to run a $300 game

at 640x480?

>GOD
Lmao at this christ cuck shilling his religion
Go to /pol/ or /x/ religionigger

I got a switch for free and hacked it. Thank god I don't have to wait multiple years to play the games I want.

>When a console kiddie pretends to be a PCfag

Attached: 1550337369898.png (1280x720, 610K)

>$2000
again where are you pulling this arbitrary number from? my PC cost a little under $800 and it can emulate Wii U games perfectly and soon Switch too. also see

>fails to link via PC part picker
YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF LIES

it's always a licensing nightmare that they probably don't want to bother with, someone always had to be paid and every games you add just makes it worse

nintendo at least has more 1st party titles with nothing tied to it, Sony doesn't have many games like that (even if they're the publisher, there's a lot of strings attached)

at least they left it stupidly easy to hack (0 effort), might just be on purpose. If there's no online or attempts to sell software, it doesn't matter.

>$2000 pc to play Switch games at 25fps

the elderly had it coming

that's only 5 FPS short of it's standard

I remember when IFLS was about actually presenting accurate information as opposed to shitting on men.

>when user takes the bait
You dont seriously think people on this board in 2019 believe you can build a $200 pc that plays new games, right? At 60 fps, right? Also,
>building pc
>$200
How does it taste, fishy?

That's a fucking laptop chipset from 2011. Buy a new computer faggot

Attached: 1507588425382.gif (320x180, 3.28M)

OH WAIT. SO NOW YOU'RE SAYING PC GAMING IS EXPENSIVE?

Attached: 326414181261901825.png (128x128, 25K)

>buying an 800 dollar computer to emulate dozens of systems and thousands of games
>also to take advantage of PC exclusives, steam sales, and free internet
this is a real puzzler for sure

At 6x the price

What piss poor easy game. No wonder soibois love it so much.

err. for last line was thinking of the PS classic (given it's the one using the open source emulator), but same deal for PSN on the rest

some PS2/PS1 don't even have living publishers anymore to release them on a store, rights just owned by some random company that doesn't give a fuck

>tfw I'd get a pc because I used to game exclusively on one and many of my friends want me to get one but cant be bothered because I have an office job so coming home to sit at a computer for entertainment sounds awful
I'm a 31 year old boomer. PC gaming just ain't for me. I'd rather just buy a console and relax on my couch. The funny part is I own a nice computer desk, with a herman miller, a two giant monitors from work with a laptop that could run witcher 3 on medium at worst, but I just use it for work stuff or video editing. Videogames in 2019 are meant for consoles. PC gaming is dead for me.

Lol no
Anything that isn’t Mario or Pokémon runs at all.

higher upfront cost, lower ongoing costs and flexibility. who's saying anything different?

yknow you can plug a pc into your tv, run steam in big picture mode and control it just like a console, yeah?

It's cheaper, runs better, and you can take it outside

Attached: _Excuse me princess.jpg (250x186, 14K)

This. Odyssey is a fun game, but god fucking damn could they make it any easier? Oh wait, they literally did with the easy mode option. The thought of playing odyssey, which is already baby-tier easy, on it's easy mode setting just sounds horrible. I mean do you just land and immediately have all the stars from the level?

nothing is really "playable" at this point it's more like demos of progress

work is mostly focusing on 2-3 games until it runs right and this work will lately help make other games playable

just check again in a few years, if there's anything you actually care enough to play RIGHT NOW, then get a Switch. Personally it's more that I hardly care and it's just more games that would just sit in my backlog for years before I actually play them.

Sure buddy. Good luck with your DOA graphics cards and ram

Lies
Lies
Lies
You’re built on lies lies lies

the same could be said of your mom. but I still wouldn't want to use her

>thanking some tranny/furfaggots
Hard pass

lololololololololololool

I wish I could find you and laugh and spit in your face for this comment.

And do what? Use a keyboard and mouse from my couch as I lay down? I'm not going to use a controller if I were to game again on a PC. As gay as it sounds, I still look at gaming on a pc as "hardcore". No way could I play starcraft or a competitive fps game accurately just laying on a couch. No thanks. If I'm going to game on a pc, I'm doing it like it's supposed to be done.

you could use both a controller or a kb+m with a dinner tray type-deal. steam controllers are a nice middle ground, though. but i ain't gonna tell you how to live your life.

>it's cheaper

but people already have the PC, there's no additional cost

>runs better

sure, but that won't be the case forever.

>can take it outside

why would I want to play games outside?

Enjoy playing the worst 3d Mario game faggot.

>why would I want to play games outside?
You know, it’s moments like this that I’m reminded that I’m on a website with legitimate weirdos that would rather sit in their caves hunched over a computer screen than sit outside on a nice day to play vidya or bring their switch out to play with the boys.

My man, you're not reading what I said. When I really want to get into a game, I want to be able to focus completely on it. I want to sit comfortably in my chair, window open with a nice breeze blowing in, sun beaming through the curtains, with a nice drink next to me and just lose myself in an amazing game. There are no dark caves, it's just playing a game.

If I want to go outside, I'll go do things with friends. I'm not going to sit outside and have a mediocre mobile-game-like experience, that would only sour me on a game I might otherwise really like.

PS2 is the GOAT console and it's not even close

>but upgrading just for emulation seems a tad silly.
Dude do you realize you can play thousands of games? Not only gamecube games

If piggybacking the PS1? For sure.
If not? Not that far off, but debatable.

Switches are nice to just move around inside too. Portability isn't just about being able to sit outside with sun glare fucking up your screen, though you can do that as well of course. You can play it on the shitter, play it relaxing on the couch in the living room or take it to bed, take it to your aunt's house for sunday dinner or bring it to your friends (if you have any). I prefer actually having an outlet handy in an indoor environment so I don't need to worry about either the shitty battery life nor having bad lighting conditions.

But when I'm on the toilet, I'm there to piss or shit, I'm not staying there longer than necessary, because it's more comfortable to play games in my chair at my desk. Same with a couch, or in my bed. People don't play in front of their PC because they're forced to, they do so because it's the most pleasant.

When I go over to friends, we might play Smash on their couch, that's because the couch is perfect for 4 mates shouting and having fun. When I'm at home, it's just me and a couch offers me nothing. I prefer compartmentalizing, the toilet is for [x], the couch for [y], they each have a thing they do best, I don't feel the need to use the couch to play serious games on just to "switch it up". Power to you though, you do you, but similarly people who play on PC aren't all in caves.

>Trannies and furfags
>Actually producing functional emulators
Pick one. Those people just create the CoC and harass real developers, the actual devs deserve support

I'm sure their autism to make their favorite furry game work will prevail in making a functional emulator

newfag
destructoid.com/transgender-dolphin-emulator-developer-dead-age-23-291041.phtml

A lot of people would say playing games hunched over a desk is uncomfortable and rather chill in a recliner or on the couch with a controller. Obviously not for e-sports but just enjoying yourself. I find playing on a desk with kb+m to be fine but playing with a controller in a gayming chair with a desk in front is much less comfy than in a recliner in front of the big TV.

Sitting in a dark room for a week and playing through Dark Souls 10 hours/day was one of the best experiences of my life. And I've done a lot of crazy shit. You can like both.

>How do you know what your literal computer is called?

Attached: e9e.jpg (1024x960, 115K)

I'm not sure what you mean by that but with a library of 3000+ games it didn't even need backwards compatibility to be an excellent console (if that's what you meant by "piggybacking"). There are so many amazing games out there that are still waiting for people to be discovered. Hell, I didn't play Radiata Stories until like 2011, but the more mainstream stuff that began on PS1, like the MGS and Silent Hill series, all peaked on PS2 ( I still play MGS3 to this day). Victorious Boxers, despite it's cartoony graphics and some silly special moves, still remains one of the most accurate boxing sims to ever come out and it's nearing 20 years old, that's a pretty amazing accomplishment. SOCOM brought the squad based tactical shooters you'd only see on the PC (like H&H 2) to ps2 and it still holds up as a great game. Then you have the mother of all action/brawler games in God Hand. You have artsy shit like Shadow of the Colossus that still gets its dick sucked to this day as being the pinnacle of storytelling in video game format. I'm only scratching the surface with these examples. What exactly did the PS1 do better? platformers? Because the best platformers of its era weren't even on PS1. RPGs? Definitely would not agree with that.

his point still stands, new arrival. this is one of the useless trannies, not an actual dev.

I'm honestly starting to think these responses are automated.

>emulating dumpster fire switch games instead of actual good games
lel what's the point

Epic (you) here ya go friend

>people pirate games, removing a large portion of revenue from developers
>Developers add in things like microtransactions and lootboxes
>WTF WHY DID THIS HAPPEN? VIDYA GAYMES DED

Gamers actively destroy the things they enjoy.

>can't run fucking gamecube games

time to upgrade from that 1999 PC, user

Who said anything about "hunched over a desk"? I can chill in my chair, the monitor is on the desk, not my elbows.

>so I told him to kill himself and he actually did the absolute madman
ah I remember that thread, I think it was on /vg/, somebody told him and he did, beside that article is bullshit.

>who was instrumental in the development of the Dolphin emulator
Oh really? Did >she get the engine up and running most games? Made Rogue Squadron work? Implemented Vulkan? AA? Saves? DX11? Ubershaders?

>Wii Remote TASing becoming stable
Ooh, that's right, Wii Remote Tool Assisted Speedruns, wow, clearly an INSTRUMENTAL tool for emulating, not getting graphics to work, compatibility, the Wii Remote working correctly, sound synch, no nigga, is all about making it work for speedrunners, gotta look at the bigger crowd.

Attached: 1302034054358.jpg (620x417, 124K)

People who play games on PC are usually at least to some extent also hardware enthusiasts. Being interested in hardware is kinda par for the course. Also there is a naming convention with most components, like the i7 8700k and i7 9700k filling the same category in the market(indicated by the 700), being overclockable (indicated by the k) and being differentiated by their generation (8000 and 9000).
Most hardware names work similar to this, so once you know something about hardware, it's not as hard as you think

>He doesnt work and therefore cant buy video games.
How degenerate.

NINTENDO

Cant wait to play if for an hour and decide its shit like every single console game ever
people should realize half the fun is in owning a console and getting a short amount of releases. Once you own a pc you leave the matrix

I'm honestly starting to think your life is automated

bait

>She put countless hours of unpaid work
Oh woah, what did you expect from an free open source emulator?

TAKE A MARIO ROM FOR THE FIRST STEP

>Not knowing about the chad tier porch swing

You can literally count the frames per seconds, there are like 4 of them.
Yikes!
PCtards everybody

AND THOUGH IT RUNS AT FOURISH FRAMES
THIS MAN'S STILL A MASTER OF THE MEDIUM

Why the fuck would you play this game on PC?
I will admit BOTW looks stunning in high res

because they follow naming conventions and there's literally just a few each gen you have to worry about? memorizing the alphabet is harder. i5 is easy, "m" denoted mobile before "u" replaced it for "ultra low power". 2000 series was sandy, just like the 2500k. GPUs are harder since the naming conventions change every few gens and there are re-brands but it's not hard at all if you care about PC hardware.

you probably can run dolphin fine considering high-end phones can. just change settings bro.

I unironically can't wait to play odyssey again it was fun on the switch and will be fun on PC

cemu has online multiplayer?
are you connecting to other wii-u's or is it just cemu-to-cemu multiplayer?

look, I love my switch and having an emulator is nothing but a positive for me

Dude, why even acknowledge a blatant falseflag.

>private servers
Is there even enough players to get a game of splatoon going? I'm assuming that these are the private servers lan-play.com/, and if they are then the shit is dead

the same connection as with a real wii u

>Why the fuck would you play this game on PC?
>I will admit BOTW looks stunning in high res
I wonder.

Brainlet.

implying yuzu is anywhere near able to run it like that

>microtransactions
>nintendo
pick one