I thought Nintendo was a kid-friendly company, what the FUCK were they thinking when designing this shit?

I thought Nintendo was a kid-friendly company, what the FUCK were they thinking when designing this shit?

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 26K)

Nice pic of the best Metroid game, user.

fpbp

Fpwp

I love Metroid.

Maybe at the time, but now that you've posted, your post is the worst post.

based

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 142K)

Japanese kids aren't pussies

Holy BASED and fusionpilled

That pic is from Metroid Fusion though

nips don't care about Metroid retard. It is and always was marketed for the western market

That's not Super

Hurry up and die, boomer. Fusion has more atmosphere than Super, and we all know that atmosphere has and always will be the main draw of the Metroid franchise.

Metroid is supposed to be edgy and contrarian.

Yet linear and restrictive as shit.

based

Linear = bad? I'm a huge fan of metroidvanias, but Fusion really benefits from the linearity. It allows the developers to intentionally map out the player's experience.

It really didn't, the game locked in you in Sectors not letting you explore where you wanted to until the end of the game, if you run into Adam, well that was it.

Adam pretty much single-handedly ruins Fusions atmosphere, it would have been great without him.

I would argue locking you into sectors is a good thing, especially for people like us who are familiar with the Metroid formula of a constantly-expanding world. It makes the game feel cramped and claustrophobic.
I can see that bothering some people, but it didn't take away any of my enjoyment, personally

Adam doesn't ruin the atmosphere, at all, actually he improves it. He is there to guide and help you, but he also tells you about the horrors of the space station, thus making you nervous because you know what lies ahead but at the same time you don't know how threatening and scary they will be. Best example is Nightmare obviously, he tells you that thing is about to destroy the entire space station and it can manipulate gravity, but he never shows you a picture of it, nor he tells you how fast and deadly it can be, he just says "I cannot locate its position" so good luck, you know it's there, somewhere, waiting for you. Without Adam, you simply would have forgotten about it minutes after you see that shadow.
Another good example is when he says "there are 10 SA-X here", that's when you shit bricks because you already know what a single SA-X is capable of, but you always thought there was only one but now you know there are 10 so good luck with that. Even better, by the end of the game, you actually doubt whether he was lying or not about it, maybe there was only one SA-X and he was just bullshitting to get your ass back to the ship awaiting more orders like a good girl.
Also, Adam is there, your only friend, the only thing besides those animals who doesn't want to kill you, but you cannot contact him until you have cleared out a sector. Navigation room is your safe space and once you leave it you are on your own and you won't come back until you have finished your mission, like he is there but he isn't at the same time.

>I would argue locking you into sectors is a good thing
It's not for Metroid which is about exploration, the game shouldn't tell you the player you need to come back to this place, when you realize you don't have that upgrade, that should tell you to turn back and look around, Fusion while more difficult than Super when it came to enemies was babies first Metroid literally made for people who constantly got lost playing Metroid, Metroid II, and Super.

This

What was the Federation thinking?
>Sir the Bioweapon's face won't stop melting
>Give it a creepy doll mask, that'll work

Hm I have to diasgree. I liked it. A lot. But it was too restrictive and linear.

I would say we just value different things in games, but I love metroidvanias. I just think that fusion was so tightly paced and had so many moments that are seared into my memory, that just make it my favorite Metroid.

Super > Prime > Fusion > Prime 2 > ZM
all are kamige

You bought Samus Returns, right anons?

Well... It was another remake, so... Hey well, at least we're finally getting Metroid 5 on the Switch, huh?

>3d Metroid game
>on the GameCube no less
>anything other than absolute horseshit
Aside from that I’m inclined to agree

I did, for someone else because I wasn't impressed by the marketing for it but they were.

This

yes I bought the original samus returns
it sucks

This thing wasn't even that scary, it had that goofy cartoony face with tears coming out which wasn't menacing at all. It was a shame because when he was the background as you were getting close they built him up to be terrifying, and then the reveal was disappointing as fuck, typical nunintendo, no surprise zoomers would think this looks badass .

The only off putting moment in the whole game is when you're stuck in that small narrow room with the Ridley skeleton and it suddenly comes to life for a second before dying again. That was the only thing they got right.

Attached: aria_of_sorrow_by_sachsen.jpg (890x571, 185K)

I hate coming here to talk about Metroid.

So I've heard Nintendo was thinking of doing something with Metroid Dread, the sequel to Fusion. Are the rumors true or its someone pulling stuff out of their asses?

maybe you should go back to where you came from then and let the big kids talk

Dont do it, seems simple to me.

Not OP, you guys don't seem to talk about anything when it comes to Metroid, not Prime, and the threads die off fast

Zelda and Metroid are Nintendo's two "See? We're not JUST for kids!" series.
Mario, Kirby, Pokémon, and all the others are still great, but in general, Nintendo tries to keep a clean reputation.

I don't buy it. Weren't sales of Samus Returns lower than expected? Nintendo always tends to say fuck it whenever they don't sell 1M units out the gate.
>Well, guess nobody wants 2D metroid

Hoping now that development of MP4 is turned over to retro it won't be a steaming pile. Might not see it until 2024, but still, should be good.

Yes, those rumors have been a thing since 2015 when they restarted development on it, development finally got going again without any issues like last time around 2016 to where it made it to pre-production by 2017. Chances are it's almost ready to be revealed on the Switch and Switch Lite.

From what I heard it sold as well as Zero Mission, not 1 million copies well but well enough to make a profit. Metroid 5 restarted development around 2015.

I would like to see an AMFR

Attached: BSL Labs.png (594x334, 369K)

>Metroid 5
Oh shit

It's finally coming, man, all of these years, worth the wait.

what a great first post, I hope your day goes very well and you make lots of money

what metroid is this and what console is it for? which emulator should I use?
is it fun?
I only played the first metroid and super metroid

It’s Metroid Fusion for the GBA and it’s really good.

thanks user will try it out

If you enjoy it, play Zero Mission, also for the GBA.