Game gives you a choice which weapon to use in the beginning

>Game gives you a choice which weapon to use in the beginning
What is your go to weapon Yea Forums?

Attached: e857742a08354c3d1ee2b36147502540.jpg (1877x1452, 332K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w2A_NISUX-w
youtube.com/watch?v=1gVwaY0NEQU
youtube.com/watch?v=tdlPQgElcDI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1582_Cagayan_battles
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is from neverwinter nights manual

greatsword or hammer because its fun to swing around a gigantic dumb weapon

Big ol' axe

Dire flail. Enemies fear to approach you.

>Rapier
That looks more like a Cutlass to me.

>Bastard sword is bigger than a longsword instead of slightly smaller
What.
The.
Fuck.

who /heavypickmasterrace/ here

In D&D 3.5 a long sword is 1 handed, while a bastard sword is 2 handed, but can be wielded with one hand with proper training.

Isn't a bastard sword supposed to be bigger?

it's from DnD 3rd edition Player's Handbook
t. owned it

Spear or pole arm

I know but that's some gay ass shit. Should be the other way around.

The biggest sword, every single time.

Dick ass sling, of course, the only ranged weapon in the picture.

No. A one handed sword is called an arming sword.
A two handed sword of the same type is called a longsword, obviously excluding excessive specifics like a Greatsword.

A bastard sword is also known as the hand-and-a-half sword. It sits between an arming sword and longsword, very ambiguously, not belonging to either category. That's why it's called a bastard sword. And yes, longswords are designed to be wielded with two hands. Two-handing one gives one more control over their weapon than one-handing an arming sword, making it very good for self defense.

Shield + Heavy mace or longsword

Wrong. D&D 3.5 Player's Handbook.

Meant for

Attached: 3.5.jpg (2100x1439, 262K)

for me, it's the halberd
pointy, slashy, and a reaching sense of humor

Attached: knight with halberd.jpg (1024x1024, 116K)

Warhammer. Every goddamn time. Nothing more satisfying than to deliver a goddamn insane blow properly executed and delivered from a heavy fucking weapon.

>Dire Flail
Someone draw me a diagram on how this thing is supposed to work in a fight

I'd say "Give me the biggest hammer you have!"

>idiot tries to spout nerd street cred
>is btfo by easily verifiable facts

scimitar is the best starting weapon in 3.5
prove me wrong.

>spiked chain

Attached: 1526671567090.jpg (344x437, 14K)

For me it's the bo staff.

Attached: BO STAFF.jpg (474x299, 127K)

Spin it overhead to scare short range enemies I suppose

Specifically for fighting opponents behind you really.

literally the only answer is a polearm and there are none here. disgusting.

my personal order goes flail > falchion > greathammer > greatsword > spear > greataxe
more games need flails. mordhau should add flails

longsword is hand and a half in 3.5
bastard is as you stated

Falchion, because it's a two handed Scimitar

Dire Flail seems like a reliable way of giving yourself a headache and or castration

Dagger and QUARTERSTAFF.
Shield and blackjack is also acceptable

I thought about learning bo staff before i saw a match between someone with a bo staff and someone with a longsword. Longsword completely destroyed it, i was actually surprised

>reach
>trips
it's broke as fuck

you spin it around like like a martial artist and when you hit someone with one of the flails you also hit yourself for the same amount of damage

I should be working on my paper right now

Attached: dire flail.png (917x1137, 19K)

i usually go for big axe, but since there is none i go with big flail

but sword and board user

>A Spanish royal decree of 1609 specifically directed Spanish commanders in the Pacific ‘not to risk the reputation of our arms and state against Japanese soldier'”.
Giving Up the Gun: Japan’s Reversion to the Sword, 1543-1879: Noel Perrin, p. 35.

>“In Japan, it was necessary for every man to carry a pistol; but the Japanese [with their swords] invariably got the better of every man carrying one, even when he had it in his hand… …I maintain the great fault in our swords is that they will not cut. Use them as much as you like, unless you have them specially sharpened the night before, they are useless. In the cut, our swords are useless in nine cases out of ten. The Japanese use two-handed swords; if we could use them, I should say cut by all means; for they never want a second cut.”
“On Military Equipment,” Journal of the Royal United Service Institution
cited in Swordsmen of the British Empire

youtube.com/watch?v=w2A_NISUX-w

youtube.com/watch?v=1gVwaY0NEQU

Attached: 2582979e6242507fc669608105b25fc7.png (2000x1500, 2.47M)

You hold it out in front of you and move it in a circular fashion, as if turning a crank. When you get good momentum you run forward, hitting everyone to your immediate left and right. Very effective in field battles.

>Anglo nigger edition

Longsword is 1 handed, but CAN be two handed to get 1.5* your strength mod to damage. But a longsword + shield is perfectly doable with special training.

>spin it
no way that's right. imagine you hitting your opponent. the other spiked ball is going to hit your hand.

I usually play Barbarian, my body is the board, more or less.

you just can't stop spinning

Spin it around over your head. The "dire" part kicks in when you realize that if you ever stop you're probably going to hit yourself.

There was something very similar in the manual, because we would read through it over and over.

Attached: dire flail.png (1210x1012, 21K)

Truly the thinking man's weapon

hey
if you cant take the damage you shouldnt deal it either

>Double Axe

Attached: 1476453086895.png (448x558, 214K)

For me, it's the Threaded Cane, the most stylish weapon in Bloodborne.

spin it around your head until you turn into a helicopter, then fly at your enemies and remove limbs in your newly fashioned rotaryblade

>protects against aerial attacks
>leaves entire body unprotected
Is this weapon meant for people with four arms

>the delusional weeb post

Halberd or Spear. Swords are pretty useless against anything but sword 1on1 duels.

Attached: billmen-drilling.jpg (1260x945, 138K)

kukri
those gurkha stories are neat

Attached: TheNussereeBattalionLaterKnownAsThe1stGurkhaRiflesCirca18571.jpg (1182x932, 224K)

>the virgin handaxe
>the chad orc double axe

And it can be used at close range, unlike other reach weapons. It's literally OP.

For me, it's the Lajatang.

Attached: images (38).jpg (446x523, 19K)

On one hand we have historical accounts from swordsmen who faced samurai, modern HEMA fighting, and on the other hand we have nothing. It seems like you delusional?

gun>

That's probably the only way to use this.

Attached: Untitled.png (1532x917, 26K)

>dire flail
wew lad how he fuck do you even swing it

You don't, the flail is a fictional weapon and was never used in real life.

Great club.

Attached: image.jpg (800x1200, 237K)

I cast magic missle

>b-but my nippocuck folded over 9000 times katanau!
Nobody cares, weebfag.

there's a lot going on in this image

I just find it weird that you called me delusional when your behavior is the actual medical definition of delusion!

>I'm a genius
>OH NO!

>ctrl+f punching dagger
>nothing

You people disgust me

Attached: assassinfull.jpg (600x978, 80K)

>t. animecuck

Dual flails

You cannot kill me

Attached: playing_with_scissors_futurama.gif (480x360, 159K)

gladius or tanto
fuck all the rest

>punch dagger
>pictured; katars
?

Giant gun sword for me OP-kun!

1 fight isn't representative of the entire matchup. I saw a guy beat a bo staff with a dagger, but 9/10 times the guy with a bo staff will just bash his head in.

How would you possibly wield the dire flail without killing yourself?

why would you cast magic missile? There's nothing to attack.

>Greathelm
>On a 15 century armor
Fucking kill me.

it's his great great grandpa's

It’s a stupid Victorian design of a weapon. But it would be possible to use without self-harm by holding the chain part of one end and using the other to swing at people. Stupid, but it works.

I always wondered why main gauche/the stupid hooked longswords/swordbreakers aren't more of a thing.

To be specific, why wasn't "Hooking someone/catching an exposed joint and YANKING REAL FUCKING HARD" a tactic?

Attached: a_lot_of_effort_for_one_post.jpg (1063x623, 60K)

In an actual fight they would break or bend too easily

>spin it until it's going really fast
>let it go so it goes flying at your opponents like a living death machine and duck out of its way
Seems legit

>being a hipster dexfag

Attached: 1562972035961.jpg (565x575, 36K)

Dire times call for dire weapons.

Attached: dire_gun.png (1255x677, 223K)

>why wasn't "Hooking someone/catching an exposed joint and YANKING REAL FUCKING HARD" a tactic

Attached: 1555870700591.jpg (2000x1296, 493K)

That makes a lot of sense. Aw.

Attached: 1548087979277.jpg (1500x2099, 1.28M)

Throw it at the guy and hope they try and use it against you

The falchion is the coolest looking weapon of all time, idiot wrongthinkers need not reply.

Attached: AAAH THAT HIT THE SPOT MY BOY.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

Attached: 1560979989978.jpg (1500x2201, 1.24M)

This also makes sense. It seems a logical technique if "being in metal plate and also on the ground is probably bad" that getting someone there could be an alternative goal than dropping them while standing.

Two bladed sword, let’s get some Darth Maul action going

Unironically katana.
I just think they're neat.

Attached: __konpaku_youmu_and_konpaku_youmu_touhou_drawn_by_nunupon0514__ac9ddb18886dc8a8dd7b7d569a88ca25.jpg (2105x2105, 298K)

If the heavy mace is one-handed, gimme that for that Anti-armor action. I'd also love a crossbow to be able to fight at range. Might go all out and describe armor, probably just gambeson and some mail. Gotta get that Mercenary/Bounty Hunter look.

flail simply because I've never seen it in a video game
also witch king

I imagine it would require a lot of hand work, but you could use one end, as a pivot, with your other hand on the far side to gather momentum on one one ball. And hit with that side, then switch your pivot hand once it hits to start generating force with the other side. since your pivot hand is near the ball, it won't gather that much force, so while it still might hit you, it won't do much damage, while the other side is gathering much more momentum and will still cause massive damage to the opponent.

Not that its that practical, and a normal one works better. But I could see it being manageable.

Attached: 1543662101092.png (900x1126, 20K)

Depends ENTIRELY on what kind of character I'm making

If its just a generic fighter, I'm a fan of a regular old longsword or bastard sword with no offhand. Fuck shields. I hate shields.
If I'm specifically playing a paladin, two handed greatsword or two handed mace every time.
If I'm a sneaky character, I have no problems unleashing the inner weeb and picking a katana or tanto or similar. But I'm kind of binary when it comes to these things because I HATE the samurai aesthetic type shit.
I don't really play ranged characters.

>try to pick anything but longsword or greatsword as your weapon of choice in a D&D or similar game
>get little to no relevant loot for entire playthrough
As if there needs to be even more reasons to just play a wizard instead in these games.

>warhammer
>flails
>two bladed sword
>rapier that looks like a sabre
>whatever that gnome thing is

F.

see me after class

oh god it got even worse wtf is this shit?

I choose the one that grasps them all, and needs none to be a weapon.

Attached: arthur.jpg (800x450, 82K)

>be loli necromancer
>GM never drops any child corpses
>have to settle for age gap yuri instead
I hate my GMs

Attached: 1539124803242.png (2300x2374, 1.93M)

based youmuposter

so what do you do when someone sticks you with a spear or slashes your whole fuckin torso open with a sword
unarmed fags are retarded.

dont forget to buy your hand protction DLC

Attached: edo.jpg (1600x1131, 113K)

Their turn
>Grab weapon
My turn
>Punch the weapon out of their hand

I win.

Attached: 1564248723503.jpg (604x604, 133K)

kek

OH NO NO NO RAPIERBROS

Longsword or heavy mace so I can carry shield

>grab weapon
congratulations now you have no fingers
retard.
>punch weapon out of hand
congratulations you just impaled or severed your hand.

But I have two hands, and you have one occupied weapon. Victory is mine fayget

you are a moron

the reason their swords cut like shit was because they used metal scabbards at that time which dull the blade greatly over repeated drawing, They also had less than stellar sharpening techniques.

Speaking of rapiers.

>Silver championed the native English martial arts while objecting on ethical and technical grounds to the fashionable continental rapier systems being taught at the time. He particularly disliked the immigrant Italian fencing masters Rocco Bonetti and Vincentio Saviolo, going so far as to challenge the latter to a public fencing match with various weapons atop a scaffold. Silver and his brother Toby had handbills posted all around Saviolo's fencing school and had one hand delivered to him on the day but Saviolo failed to appear
>Sacviolo failed to appear

Attached: ahem_FUCKETH_RAPIERS_AND_FUCKETH_DAGGERS.jpg (246x205, 13K)

Conqueror in For Honor uses a flail like that.
has an infinite chain combo as long as you change direction with each strike

you arent very good at logic are you
first of all you aint gonna be doing ANYTHING beyond groping your hand in pain if your get your fingers cut off or hand chopped off
secondly you didnt disable their weapon. you lost your hand
the ONLY i repeat ONLY acceptable usage of hand in combat is if you have a fully armored gauntlet including palm and underside of fingers so that you have at least a chance

but you monk niggers refuse to use that for some reason so you're just fucked.

fuck unarmed retards

To be fair, the rapier wasn't designed for combating slashing weapons in unarmored combat.

The rapier had its purpose, but unagainst people not wearing armor, a slashing weapon beats a thrusting weapon 9/10 times. So its a bit of a silly comparison.
>oh geeze we sent out guys in illprepared and they lost

>tfw unironically like the aesthetics of the katana, but liking the weapon instantly marks you as a weeb

Attached: Watari.jpg (632x960, 212K)

The rapier, much like the saber, was designed as a toy for rich middle-aged men.

>be world famous fencing teacher
>some bumbling idiot challenges you to a duel
>you're too busy make money and having sex to care
ok.

>you lost your hand
and you lost your weapon, and I have a spare!

uh no
you dont just 'lose your weapon' after it cuts of fsomeones hand.
moron

katana's are great swords. the issue is low iq smoothbrains think it is the BEST sword and western swords can't compete despite actually requiring skill to use and having a huge reach advantage among other things

Attached: thott-87r.jpg (2000x1349, 533K)

>Double bitted axes

Is there a more retarded fantasy weapon?

Attached: yrjistä.png (481x445, 447K)

>Even In the 15th century, wimpy limp fencers had to resort to "have sex"

Expand the festering wound upon both your nethers and the reputation of the rapier, cur!

>MFW brainlet europeans have swords so dull they can't even tell the front from the back

Attached: 1539208938848.gif (480x270, 776K)

keyblades

the most retarded has to be this

"war hammers" that are comically oversized are a close second

Attached: file.png (1000x1000, 142K)

Fuck me, you are hard work. Maybe I should have brought two brains for my two hands.

>always liked swordfighting
>go to local hema group on a whim
>get put against one of their regulars because they just want to be dicks and try to flex on new people
>whip out a bunch of totally unrealistic bullshit i saw from video games
>it somehow works and i beat him 3 - 0, mostly because im not afraid to move around and hema seems to have this 'stand your ground and dont fuckin move' mentality
hema is a meme

Oldest bait in the book. Also most japanese have european DNA from rape, lel

>not just converting all your loot into gold then converting said gold into weapon enchants
also
>having a DM that doesn't give out party appropriate loot on occasions that merit it.

I think he was talking about vidya

HEMA is essentially just larping, under the guise of "b-but we looked at these manuals!"

But your post is larping too. So it evens out.

I got one one both of those

Attached: 7352083.png (1920x1080, 849K)

>All these people choosing archaic weapons just because the OP opened with a picture containing them

Have fun LOSING, idiots.

Attached: SPAS_12.jpg (1125x750, 377K)

fists

Calm down spas

Shotguns are useless against full plate armor user.

massive yikes

yup

Goanna have to go with a sling. I have amazing aim.

>Dire flail
>Dire gun
>Dire Scythe

What would a dire dire be?

How the FUCK do you swing that without decapitating/cutting the legs off yourself?

>in a D&D game
I can't remember, does Baldurs Gate and the like allow you to spec weapons that it never gives out enhanced versions of as loot?

Dire is a modifier not an item

Dagger.
>socially acceptable
>can use for eating
>easily concealed
>quality shows your status
>doubles as a shanking tool

Jump over it while holding it of course.

Attached: 5188e9cd133362e349708cd3c859a6d2.gif (128x128, 23K)

You mean buckshot, right? Because there are loads that a shotgun can fire that can easily penetrate plate.

yep.
in BG2 it specifically says under katana and dwarven handaxe and a bunch of other weapons that they are extremely rare and youre unlikely to find many of them
i mean there are still some and some are REALLY DAMN GOOD but they are rare

>Being a fooking legend.

Daggers are for virgins

chad tier post user

She uses ninja magic to spin it around like a helicopter blade off to the side and has a great move where she bends over while thrusting the blade between her legs

youtube.com/watch?v=tdlPQgElcDI

Attached: A4-shiki1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

This.

Glaive. I like polearms and spears but you don't see too much representation in video games. The same with crossbows. Sick of seeing longswords and longbows in every game.

>no SAAM's
kys

why decapitate just your enemies when you can take your own head off at the same time.

blizzard redesigning dark templars with double scythes was the dumbest idea in vidya history

>run out of ammo mid-fight
>get raped by a mob of low level skeletons
Dumb spas shitters.

Attached: 1564028663286.jpg (646x815, 273K)

>pick longsword
>get orc double axes, gnome hooked hammers, estocs, kamas
>not ONE unique longsword until the last leg of the game
Fucking Pathfinder Kingmakee

Attached: fucking why.jpg (500x325, 38K)

Simple, really.

Attached: WieldingADireFlail.gif (480x360, 2.05M)

>slash at enemy
>stab yourself in the back

Attached: DireFlail2.gif (480x360, 3.01M)

Makes sense since they're massive faggots.

>flail
more like mace you dumb dumb

my bare fucking hands
alternatively, the biggest sword they have
polearms are for beta males

Attached: Yourpropertyjustgotdamagedbysaxtonhale.png (414x540, 376K)

Just imagine the flail parts spinning on the end, Hook.

Boob magic

Attached: 789bef53ab89ef8052ab8beb6f0388cf.jpg (1152x1200, 141K)

>He said, as he posted a character wielding a bolt-action rifle with an unbalancing hunk of metal bolted on it

The dagger every time.

Gauntlets if able, if not bare fists if it isnt complete trash. Sucks that games very rarely give you access to legitimate hand to hand, over the top anime ass gauntlets are a nice secondary option tho.

Hammer and sickle

Attached: hammer and sickle.jpg (301x168, 6K)

If you freeze frames you can see the scythe is bending into a more logical shape during attacks. Her attack between the legs is really cute but it has zero reach so it shoots an energy blade that extends forward (or rather backward) to pretend it has reach.

Attached: bendy scythe.jpg (1155x1200, 352K)

I cast Protection from Bullets

Attached: Ogum cleric.jpg (2000x1049, 204K)

If you care what other people think, you are a normalfaggot.

Actually, the Portuguese with their rapiers slaughtered so many samurai in duels that the japs ended up banning the Portuguese from carrying weapons while in japan.

Rapier >> Katana

>source: Dude, trust me

>the guy with the saber who backs up into the guy with the katana and does a little spinning slash at him
>the guy with the arming sword in the background who does a little wallkick
>arming sword guy's opponent who throws his sword at him

Attached: 1451352089455.jpg (700x354, 57K)

Fly like a stormcrow
Crush like a rhoa

This guy knows what's up. Monk/Fisticuffs is always fun, especially in a game full of weapons.

Attached: Geno4Smash.jpg (1280x1024, 230K)

I did say there was magic involved in getting it to work.
Most senrans wield weapons in stupid ways

Attached: SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re_Newal_20190301162651.jpg (3840x2160, 1.26M)

Lol. Desperate. Look it up.

flail can't fail

Allies as well

How about you look up "burden of proof"

How tf are you even supposed to use it?

>doesn't provide proof

Attached: 1539754150686.png (1024x1024, 213K)

Look at this weeb salty about his gay shitana. Lmao!

Like a flail but the middle is more chain

K, I did, google says you're full of shit

You use it like a kayak paddle and hope for the best

Hold by any two of the rings, depending on which part you're trying to use.

>

>jannycuck
SEETHING

Who was this?

Attached: 1557609386316.png (277x271, 8K)

There has been a few instances of clashes between asians and europeans. The results don't look good for asians.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1582_Cagayan_battles
who would win 40 spanish boi or 1000 japanese pirates?
>The Wokou abandoned the ships and swam away, with some of them drowning due to the weight of their armors
>The Wokou decided to negotiate a surrender
>The Spanish plundered the Wokou's weapons that were left on the battlefield, which included katanas and armor, and kept them as trophies

>for over 2000 years Europeans have been hardass motherfuckers, beating, killing, subjugating and conquering most other nations
>now:

Attached: 346546857.jpg (3000x2660, 1.83M)

Spears followed by halberds or glaves followed by great sword then sword and board then who cares after that.

It's funny because the faggots in the image are americans.

Attached: 1564155144662.jpg (699x637, 27K)

i like both rapiers and kats

I'll take a morningstar

Human Fighter Longsword Shield Neutral Good

based

why are katanas so romanticized when they are largely ineffectual in fighting and are absolute fucking dogshit compared to other conventional nip weaponry

Can i get two light hammers?

steel folded 10,000 times over containing the soul of a demon makes for a silly fun story user

*Japanese drum sounds*
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1502545071266.png (900x1350, 500K)

same reason swords are
its just culture
actual warfare was shit smelling plebs hitting each other with spears and various blunt objects while noblemen wrestled around in armor with daggers
in japan it was much of the same except the nobles were trying to gather heads instead

Explain to me how a Dansen Uchiwa would be an effective weapon. And dont bring up Naruto.

Same reason western swords are romanticized over other forms of weaponry.
Swords are cool.

Attached: 1384011553217.png (600x720, 772K)

Temporary defensive weapon against sudden ambush for the high ranking commander samurai

It's less of a weapon and more of a mix between a shield against projectiles, a parasol and a rallying flag

It's not a weapon, it's a signalling tool that Shoguns and their generals would use to give commands out on the field

im more worried about the neko te
imagine a japanese man running up to you trying to scratch you with those

I thought it was called a Kama because it was it looked like a comma

Attached: Me Kama.png (703x911, 19K)

Anyone you hit with it takes mini-crits for 15 seconds afterwards.

catgirls are no joke user

Longsword and Morningstar for me

probably a spy weapon
imagine some regular guy walking past you and then suddenly his razorblade fingertips cut your eyeballs in half blinding you permanently

You can use them to cling to ceilings.

>he didn't see John Wick 3

member when you had a fuckton of weapons with different characteristics like dice damage, crit range, crit multiplayer, added stats, hand use, reach, racial-uniqueness, and many of them were in the same tier so you could choose the coolest for a unique character development?
D&D 3ed member

The original idea is most likely to kill someone on a road or in a forest in such a way that it can be blamed on wild animals. Although it seems more reasonable to just stab the person with a spear or dagger and then scratch the corpse with a claw-like tool.

i dont think there are many animals in japan that would kill you with their claws

Tekagi-shuko. Preferably for a lean-as-fuck 80s ninja lanklet character with an extra long tongue for licking blood off of the prongs.

as far as i know the only animals that can kill you in japan are a bear or a snake, so im not sure that weapon would be very effective in that goal

Losing my shit at that name

A set of neko-te would be more easily concealed than a spear and more inconspicuous than a dagger, I would assume.

and they're very sugoi desu ne~

it might also just be another one of those things that were never actually real

Nya!

Attached: kyu kyu nya.gif (200x200, 29K)

That would be my assumption, but I was giving it the benefit of the doubt.

I think it's a misinterpretation of concealable climbing claws

you wouldnt be able to use fingertip spikes for climbing

I don't think so, they're too dissimilar in appearance to be a misinterpretation of it.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x259, 12K)

The power ot my God is the greatest weapon ai wield.
Also Longswords, they are fucking rad.

you attach the middle chain to your neck and hold onto the smaller ones to swing the spikes around, you'll never lose your weapon in battle

Attached: file.png (762x796, 50K)