Attached: 4355160.jpg (1600x561, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kOIuZRinzwU
romhacking.net/hacks/2965/
twitter.com/WOTV_FFBE/status/1150600622502060032?s=20
youtube.com/watch?v=0mj1cN54_cE
store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/
store.steampowered.com/app/529160/Moekuri_Adorable__Tactical_SRPG/
novacrystallis.com/2018/05/yasumi-matsuno-shows-off-scrapped-plans-final-fantasy-tactics-2/
youtu.be/YZJxYLoun7g
youtube.com/watch?v=d6M-V_Ps2Ss
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>mobile
Better luck next time I guess.

Attached: 1562899944322.jpg (1040x951, 105K)

all of my interest fades as soon as I see UI elements like these in mobile games

Attached: tZTpqnl.png (798x126, 141K)

I will never understand why they took this series into the handheld (and now fucking mobile) platforms. Final Fantasy Tactics (and Tactics Ogre before it) were mature games with deep gameplay and lots of potential. Why they decided to re-orient the series toward little kids I will never understand.

>cell phones
don't give a fat rat's ass

>mobile

Attached: Puking Kermit.jpg (639x960, 45K)

why the FUCK does this keep happening to us. Its not fucking fair. What the fuck are these classes. Its like everyones a unique special deathknight god powered random keyword knight of destruction instead of real jobs.

I don't care that its on phones that is literally acceptable for this genre of game but this isn't fucking FFT REEEEE. At least its still not a real sequel and some other shit but now that brave ex is using this genre there is no hope for a real tactics game now. Its fucking over bros.

I didn't see any Viera. Mobile gaming has ruined everything.

Attached: ooooh....png (291x267, 115K)

Video games are corporate as fuck now

I refuse to give it a shot based on how bad Brave Exvius is. The shared branding screams "low quality and money grubbing" to me. If they wanted to sell a legit new Tactics they should have given it a title not tainted by association.

FFTA was a reskin of Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis. The people in charge wanted something a bit less heavy for a pick-up-and-play. It sold well, so they made a DS sequel. They tried judging interest in more Tactics with War of the Lions, but it didn't do well on PSP or mobile. Now they threw the systems on the Exvius brand so they can do two different money sinks simultaneously.

It's not about lightening Ivalice up, it was about what made sense to produce to maximize profits.

>most likely not isekai
>no Viera
>no Gria
>pretty much everyone looks like an edgelord
Thanks, I'd hate it but it's not literally TA3. However it wouldn't be surprising if somehow this is also gacha so you can get super powerful units from real FF games

At least it looks good. Hate gatcha shit though and FFT controls like ass on the mobile port

>Somehow
You know Exvius is a gacha game, right? This is the same garbage with a Tactics skin.

I know final fantasy has a few gachas, but those aren't 3d so it's hard to imagine them making this a gacha, but at the same time they're very greedy.

>These games make up 1/3 of Square's profits.
It hurts.

Brave Exvius is literally their flagship gacha and this is being made to milk people invested in it even further. It has a budget because Exvius makes SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR. They've realized that disguising gacha as actual games confuses players into trying them.

Gacha means what? Japanese loot box game?

Ive never been so excited to see a thread then so instantly disapointed so fast before. it actually hurts

Attached: 1236994197057.jpg (300x400, 25K)

When I saw the OP, my heart skipped a beat.
Then I watched the video.
I would have felt less upset if it was bourbon house again.

>mobile
>free
>in-game cash store
No.

>FFTA was a reskin of Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis.
How much do you enjoy spreading bullshit on the internet?

Lootbox pre-lootbox. Gacha has it's own isms (grouping in increments of 10, focusing on summoning characters with tons of garbage characters nobody wants, weekly/bi-weekly/monthly specials that change rates, etc) that are a bit different from western lootboxes.

>no like/dislike bar
>Comments are disabled for this video
>sub 50k views
Oh they know it's bad.

...uhhh someone gonna tell this user?

What bothers me is that it doesn't actually LOOK bad. I mean sure, the UI looks designed in hell, but the 3D looks acceptable, the portraits look pretty good.

All they had to do was strap on a good story, remove IAP, and make it playable offline. You could even keep it on phones; I still would have bought it. Fuck, some of the most-selling games Square has released on the Android Play Store are one-time-bought Final Fantasy ports. Sadly that of course does not mean it is their most PROFITABLE game. Whales are killing gaming.

Fucking monkey-paw'd.
If Squeenix is going to play that game, I'll just pirate everything they fucking release from this point.
Sorry, DQdevs, but you're caught in the crossfire.

Attached: 1556062253397.gif (128x128, 13K)

You wanna even try to tell me it isn't using the same engine and wasn't built fairly quickly after Quest was acquired? Because it was literally developed by the remnants of Quest in one year, announced right after the acquisition, and uses the same engine. The fact that TA was built on top of KoL is indisputable.

Don't you guys have phones?

T-tell me what?

I do, which is why I buy good games on mobile like Monster Hunter Stories. Offer me a good product that isn't ancient and I'll buy your game.

>See this in the catalog.
>enter.
>see the trailer.
I seriously need now that page with the happy loli getting sad.

>the 3D looks acceptable
The monsters look find but the humans all have that shitty "more detailed than the game can handle" look going on

Square always disables like/dislike and comments for all their videos smart guy.

That seems like an incredibly shady way to avoid a hivemind effect.

Money. It's always money.

You have a franchise that worked okay on mobile handhelds. It's works well being turnbased, in an era where square's struggling bring JRPG's to modern era. So it's perfect fit for Phones. To the point that a lot of franchises simply skin a tactics like game for their mobile games.

So you take an old franchise you have lying around, and invest the smallest amount of money to make the most return. Low risk high reward.

Mobile games are low effort but high profit. Makes sense.

Attached: 1564058586684.jpg (400x269, 36K)

It's a good thing.

Why are we still here?

Attached: 1452382915844.png (664x606, 368K)

For Square, yes. For the consumer, no. Hiveminds can actually be useful for some. People who don't know enough about a game/genre/franchise can use it to get a rough estimation of how one entry compares to another.

Yep. All we can do is lament the fact that retards pay stupid money for low effort mobile shit. No reason for changes if they are taking advantage of the willingness to buy horseshit.

This. You don't make a company for your artistic integrity.

I hope it's not as Jewish as The Alchemist Code

Not like brigades and raids ever happen. A trailer is just that. It presents an idea to the consumer. A review is what you're looking for.

How's that bullshit?

>You have a franchise that worked okay on mobile handhelds
Yeah my whole point of depression is the fact that we even got to this point. I realize there are a lot of FFTA fans in this thread but I fucking hate those games. I hate the GBA as a general rule and while the DS is OK, FFTA2 is still a really kiddie-themed game that I struggle to get into. The combat and graphics aren't bad but still doesn't even reach the quality of the PS1 game. I wish that at some point in the last 22 years someone made an actual sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics. A game focused on deep tactical content with a somewhat reasonable attempt at a serious and mature story, and without stupid judges and annoying furries.
>Money. It's always money.
Yeah well, I haven't given Square any money in years despite the fact that I would buy a real FF Tactics sequel at full price in a heartbeat. So apparently it's not about my money.

Attached: Final_Fantasy_Tactics_A2_images_screen001.jpg (272x408, 59K)

It will get a Steam/Switch port soon enough. It looks p decent

It's a reskin of their other game, Tagatame no Alchemist from FF's trailer I can also say they ported maps 1:1. Here's the gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=kOIuZRinzwU

Looks crappy desu

FFT was everything but deep.
The plot was very simple and the gameplay vastly improved in FFTA and FFTA2.
Ok, it was "grittier", but I never understand why people praise it so much when TO games exist.

I only ever liked the PS1 version of FFT.

Attached: 1542396081573.jpg (955x722, 560K)

>gameplay vastly improved in FFTA and FFTA2.
>judges exist
no
not even fucking close

Thread should've ended here.

judges were fun once you learned to exploit them in your favor

>Ok, it was "grittier"
I'd be satisfied with simply having adult human characters instead of kids and anthropomorphic animal kids.

i dont speak weebanese and i already know what all of this means

fuck this game

Attached: disgusting.gif (500x368, 933K)

>Mobile
>!NotIvalice
>Hyper Anime

It's like they're intentionally tanking it on purpose.

Sidenote: why the fuck do mobile games have an auto-play feature? Why fucking bother to buy a game if it can quite literally play itself?

>Think that they made a mediocre Tactics clone and slapped Exvius on it for money.
>They actually just reskinned a different game and shoved the Exvius and an implication of the Ivalice brand [War of the xxxions].
That's even scummier than I thought. They showed this thing at E3 with pride.

Most I've played are freemium gatcha games with repetitive single player "missions" that can be replayed for resource items (generally materials required to level up characters). The auto-play feature lets you grind stages which would be mindlessly easy otherwise.

To grind so you can reach current content.

No they're a lazy hack on gameplay and completely kill immersion.

It comes from the term gachapon/gashapon, like those machines that give out little toys in capsules you might see every now and then.

>completely kill immersion
i'd argue that imposing arbitrary bullshit rules with a lore justification makes it, by definition, more immersive, but you do you.

>mobile

Attached: 1555891165966.jpg (798x535, 72K)

It looks stale in comparison to previous entries and with it being on mobile with gatcha elements I won't fucking touch it.

FFTA>FFTA2>FFT

Looks cool
Does it have a global release date?
It plays the same so I don’t mind the stamina bar.

>here are a bunch of classes with different abilities to use
>but wait, we will implement a law system that will impose completely arbitrary restrictions on what you can and can't do in combat, punishing you for experimenting with different classes and abilities
Anyone who defends the law system is utterly retarded. Here is an example of it in action:

>law forbids knockbacks
>critical hits knockback
>Marche crits a guy, kocks the guy back, and is slapped with a Red Card
>since Marche has a Red Card, GAME OVER DUE TO RNG

Attached: 1552492992360.jpg (562x490, 41K)

Ramza was a teenager

>RNG
completely avoidable RNG. by the time you start getting 3 or 4 laws per battle and the harsher/stricter laws start appearing you'll already have access to law cards and even then you can check the laws on the overworld beforehand and if you didn't like them you can just walk around for a bit to get a new set of laws. Laws were necessary to reign the player in since you get retardedly broken with shit like dual wielding paladins.

>game has over 30 classes
>only has 6 laws at most
Then you're not using enough classes if you complain about it. The knockback part though is bullshit but also partly why FFTA2 changed it.

>A game focused on deep tactical content with a somewhat reasonable attempt at a serious and mature story

>church is evil and wants to resurrect their demon overlord
>serious and mature story

Attached: 1553717182194.jpg (558x614, 18K)

Anyone who had trouble with the laws is certified brain dead
If I could circumvent them just fine when I was fucking 12, what's your excuse?

>mobile trash
Yikes.

It was nice knowing you, FFT.

>we will implement a law system that will impose completely arbitrary restrictions on what you can and can't do in combat, punishing you for experimenting with different classes and abilities
That sounds like a pretty good way to make you experiment with the combat system and getting deep into it and not do broken shit right from the start for me, dunno

>another beloved series killed by the all consuming mobile infection
F

>we are too retarded to design a game competently so we have to add in a shitty bandaid that is the law system to prevent blatant exploits
>you can engage in some busywork to avoid the retarded effcts of the law system
>this is somehow worthy of praise

Attached: 1544127765560.gif (320x287, 982K)

>Open FFTA in GBA Emulator
>Disable laws entirely
>Game is now fun

Attached: yiss.gif (400x225, 1.74M)

>disabling laws
>not making every area a jagd
This game was too easy anyways

Attached: 1562789778369.jpg (620x620, 147K)

Based.

Attached: 1550554273448.png (554x400, 65K)

keep pirating those games :---D

Attached: Brexit_Octopus.jpg (864x648, 161K)

>Mobile
HAHAHAHA
Fuck you

>mobile
another one of my favorite series down the drain
oh well

>mobile
back to WotL

Attached: b760ad269d08d5ed0cb6653e73474bc2d5490266adfb18c34252864bd12729b1.gif (200x200, 948K)

you prefer to have fantasy combat be framed as some gay contest between clans instead of just outright adventure? And you find that more immersive? I don't think you really understand the concept user.

typical fan of the handheld trash communicates with no-effort ranking.

it's not about having trouble with them it's about them being a completely lazy and retarded hack slapped onto a game about tactical combat on a 3D map.

This happens for most Japanese media on youtube.

Ramza is 16 at the start and is a real cadet. He's probably 18 by the end of the game and it's a coming-of-age story.
Marche is like 12 or so and Luso is probably about the same. That's a huge difference.

REEE NO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I WANT EXCELLENT GAMES BUT I DONT WANT TO BUY THEM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>mobile

Attached: eye of terror.jpg (760x340, 101K)

Just play Dofus/Wakfu instead if you want good gameplay/combat

>ignores all character interaction
>evaluates only the premise
>stale brainlet meme
You're an idiot.

The game does go a bit downhill after the first two chapters, to be frank (although the first chapter has some of the best writing in any videogame, I'll let it have that)

How the fuck do i skip star wars text in final fantasy tactics? Dropped it just because of that

AUTO MODE
The controls must be absolutely fucked if they have an auto mode.

i've been thinking of getting FF5 for android

I too am apathetic to those around me that care.

Attached: drake.jpg (182x224, 19K)

You have TO LUCT and you have Knight of Lodis, so whatever the fuck else do you even need?

Thanks OP. I had already given up hope years ago and then your shitty picture brought it all back. Now all I can think about is how sick a true FFT sequel with soul on the Switch would be.

Meanwhile Fire Emblem is having record sales and the game actually looks great.

Why the fuck is SE so fucking incompetent?

He also conveniently ignores FFXII or any other game Matsuno designed.

>the game actually looks great
Loaded use of words there, game can be good, but it's not a looker.

>evaluates only the premise
So you want me to evaluate the execution of that premise, i.e. the actual storytelling? It's still bad. For starters, FFT follow an incredibly boring formula of battle > cutscene of characters talking > battle > cutscene characters talking that is repeated literally hundreds of times over the course of the game. This is the most boring possible way you can present a story in a video game.

Furthrmore, the dialogue in Final Fantasy Tactics is atrocious. Everyone and their mother, whether prince or pauper, talks in extremely exaggerated faux-Elizabethean flowery platitudes. Not a singl character feels like a distinct individual with their own voice and as a result, the entire game becomes this samey blur of bland exposition.

>ignores all character interaction
I didn't ignore them. You know damn well that everything that happens in the game is the result of the church of glabados manipulating people and engineering events with the ultimate goal of resurrecting their demon god and strengthen their demon cabal. This is saturday morning cartoon levels of writing.

Attached: 1551017810907.png (558x614, 29K)

You say that as if Saturday Morning Cartoon isn't a massive improvement over most FF writing.

>that everything that happens in the game is the result of the church of glabados manipulating people and engineering events with the ultimate goal of resurrecting their demon god and strengthen their demon cabal
That kind of completely goes over the two protagonists of the game doesn't it?

So how much longer until Square finally drops Final Fantasy? The only game from that IP that did well in the last few years was 14.

14 has been doing well to this year. Also, if you're talking finantially, all FFs in the last few years have done well bar perhaps FFXII

soulless mobile cash grab

Attached: 1561417866747.jpg (600x651, 49K)

JUDGES HATE HIM!

Use his cards dumbass

Attached: Ffta-ezel.jpg (492x517, 40K)

The FF mobile games make up 1/3 of their profits.

>plus icons by currency tabs
DROPPED

yeah my point is that I want a game that isn't blatantly for little children. Demons taking over the world shit is at least a story for teenagers and young adults. The advance games are for kids who aren't even old enough to buy games for themselves.

>He also conveniently ignores FFXII
FFXII isn't remotely like FF Tactics. The story is fine except for the inclusion of dumb shit from the advance games but the gameplay isn't FFT at all.

gacha was a mistake

>That kind of completely goes over the two protagonists of the game doesn't it?
So? They're still pretty one-dimensional characters. Ramza in particular has no character traits whatsoever outside of 'nobly and selflessly does the right thing, always and without doubt'. It's impossible to relate to him because he shows no believable human emotions whatsoever.

This is not good storytelling. Consider how even in the lord of the rings, the hobbits, a race possessed by an magical sense of innocence and hope (which is why gandalf choose them to carry the ring) still have tons of moments of selfishness, greed, cowardice, etc,

>the actual storytelling? It's still bad
Being bad or good was never the point retard. Try paying attention. The story is "reasonably mature" by which I mean not aimed at little kids like the FFTA games.
Given your inability to even follow the context of this thread I seriously doubt your ability to evaluate any of the actual story quality. But that is a discussion for a different time because right now my only point is that FFT not a game with cute little bunnies and doggies and Judges who give you red cards for violating rules of the game you're playing with your opponents.

>gumi
Nope

>Demons taking over the world shit is at least a story for teenagers and young adults. The advance games are for kids who aren't even old enough to buy games for themselves.
Debatable that demons taking over the world can not be for actual kids while the plot of TA (haven't played the other one) is not palatable for teenagers or over in some way or form.

I agree.

>Ramza in particular has no character traits whatsoever outside of 'nobly and selflessly does the right thing, always and without doubt'. It's impossible to relate to him because he shows no believable human emotions whatsoever.
This completely decontextualizes his character, his impact on the story or the thematic interplay between him and Delita or his half-brothers (and it is not just "Delita does the wrong thing and gets away with it and is lauded as a hero").

TA deals with plenty of mature stuff, have you actually played it?
Don't know about 2 though

>Ramza in particular has no character traits whatsoever outside of 'nobly and selflessly does the right thing, always and without doubt'.
He's a videogame protagonist. This is common because the challenges are supposed to be more a part of the gameplay than narrative. Ramza's arc being to gradually grow stronger while doing the noble thing is perfectly fine, especially since he ultimately suffers serious consequences for it.

Lots of kids games can deal with mature themes. But they're still very kid-oriented games and that orientation infuses every bit of the game and gameplay and is very hard to ignore. FFT is just a straightforward tale that doesn't go out of its way to sugar-coat anything.

MARCHE DID NOTHING WRONG

Sounds like your problem is very superficial

>good games on mobile like Monster Hunter Stories
unironically based. Fucking love that game

>He's a videogame protagonist.
Not an argument. I've played RPGs where one of the protagonist was a literal fucking angel fighting to free innocent souls from the whims of capricious gods, yet she still expressed moments of doubt over the righteousness of her cause and the terrible price it cost her, and the game wasn't afraid of spotlighting the dangers of her overzeelousness.

Ramza meanwhile never expresses any genuine emotion over anything. He doesn't even seem to particularly care that he becomes an exile, he's way too preocupied with doing the right thing. He doesn't even care that people he trusted stab him in the back, he keeps pleading with them and literally asking 'can't we just get along and stop innocents from suffering'.

He's easily one of the worst protagonists I've ever seen in a game.

bros.....I can't go on anymore.......

Attached: failure.jpg (480x320, 153K)

>>He's a videogame protagonist.
>Not an argument.
Yes it is.
>I've played RPGs where one of the protagonist was a literal fucking angel fighting to free innocent souls from the whims of capricious gods, yet she still expressed moments of doubt over the righteousness of her cause and the terrible price it cost her, and the game wasn't afraid of spotlighting the dangers of her overzeelousness
So? Not every game has to do that. In fact that kind bullshit sounds distracting and pointless to me.
>He's easily one of the worst protagonists I've ever seen in a game.
You're the kind of faggot that is ruining RPGs with your obsessive Yea Forums faggotry. If you want literature read a book. Videogame stories are supposed to enhance the game and make it more fun.

>see OP pic
>then see link
Why would you do that, OP?

Attached: 1509794727586.jpg (391x391, 22K)

>So? Not every game has to do that. In fact that kind bullshit sounds distracting and pointless to me.
What bullshit? FFT has a ton of dialogue. It just fails to use all that dialogue to characterize Ramza properly. How is it good writing to have Ramza be just this emotionless automaton who is programmed to always do the right thing?

>properly
Only "proper" by your personal emofag standards. I'm the player, I don't have doubts, and I don't need the protagonist being a huge pussy for no reason other than to appease some over-analyzing wawnker. Spend that energy detailing the world around him and everyone else's role in it.

Just eat shit already

>Only "proper" by your personal emofag standards. I'm the player, I don't have doubts, and I don't need the protagonist being a huge pussy for no reason other than to appease some over-analyzing wawnker.
But he IS a huge pussy. That's the issue. He is meek and just passively goes along with everything. He doesn't even express basic emotions: he doesn't evee get angry about all the shit that happens to him. He doesn't have any sort of presence or distinctive personality.

Playing WoTL. Any early game tips? I'm getting fucked on the story map in the town with the archers one shotting my mages

Thread over..

>mobile gachashit
Dropped.

>this is the future

Attached: 1531671002608.png (532x299, 48K)

>new final fantasy tactics game
>mobile
monkey's paw strikes again

>mobile

Attached: 1529738256147.jpg (257x384, 31K)

No cutesy style graphics?

=(

Is it a continuation of Tactics or A series?

Its got no ethics

Attached: ethics_not_found.png (457x382, 400K)

emulator with speed turned to 1000 percent

bro just walk around the world map once for the new laws to kick in. are you retarded?

l i t t l e m o n e y

these are core values I can get behind

That explains why the sprites look like TO and not like the FFT. I miss those FFT sprites, as much as that makes me sound like a graphicswhore.

>bigbrain

Is the best version of FFT PS1 with the PSP translation patched in?

Wakfu is just a shitty version of Dofus and Dofus is dead.

Probably. You don't get the extra content from the PSP version but who cares about that. Another good version is a slowdown/aspect ratio patched version of the PSP port.

>hadn't heard about this yet
>get excited
>instantly can tell it's mobile shit by the garbage art style and painful UI

Oh boy...

PSP translation is not even worth it. For each trivial thing fixed there's a shit-ton of more pointless verbosity.

>Pointless verbosity
What do you mean?

why did square port the mobile versions of ffv, ffvi and chrono trigger to steam?

Because fuck you

It has been noted that while the new translation is more accurate, it is also done in a pseudo-Edwardian prose that pissed a lot of people off and also neutered some three or four striking lines from the original translation. I personally didn't mind it but I am no linguist.

He means that he's illiterate.

Why do they all have those hideous capes?

Also fucking Mobile. Fuck.

>try to play any SPRG
>suck at it
any tips?

What one exactly?

>aspect ratio patched
WHAT

Tactics WoTL, my bad.

Awesome! I've been waiting for

Oh

I'm PRETTY sure it exists if you look for it on the FFT forums, but I've never used it.

romhacking.net/hacks/2965/
Here

fuck you for baiting me with that picture, OP.

fuck mobile, fuck gacha, and most importantly fuck the fft fanboys who meme the ffta games as being "shitty". fuck you they're still just as good if not better, you fucks

>mobile
>art looks nothing like the original games

Attached: 1212406142993.jpg (404x303, 19K)

>all your favorite games will never get good remakes/sequels
>the ones that actually do come back turn out like this
This is the worst.

Attached: 1560620469109.jpg (1811x725, 240K)

>mobile
we all know it's just going to be another gacha shit excuse for a game that has nothing to do with """""""tactics""""""" and just a gear check

Attached: 1556018853040.png (750x747, 882K)

this mobile shit doesn't take place in Evalice does it?

Attached: 1558138507064.gif (320x270, 210K)

>Evalice
Why do you pretend to be a "veteran" of the series? You're as bad as #R "veterans" with 2 hours of playtime

>just as good if not better

Attached: 1522254035148.jpg (1920x1080, 342K)

Let's not go balls to the wall for what easily is just a typographical error.

>that art style
nop.exe

ANIMALS

I get the rest of it but what does "Less than we" mean?

'we' being nobles. Argus (blonde guy talking) is incredibly classist, if you haven't played the game.

Less than us. They're talking about nobles vs commonfolk.

If I can't dual-wield fists and break someone's arms twice.

YOU FAGS WANT A GOOD TRPG?
PLAY THIS SHIT

Attached: 1536773672532.jpg (1489x1382, 217K)

why do i have to be a phonefag to play all the good jrpgs nowadays

You have a warped notion of good.

Damn this looks sick

Just show me the hot girls so I know who to fap to when I go look up doujins on sadp-oh.

Attached: 1555574290978.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

Saw someone speedrun this at some GDQ knockoff and it looked fucking tight. Downloading it tonight

That's Dorter Trade City, isn't it? Make some archers of your own and don't try to run multiple mages just yet. You can even take a knight, learn a few break skills, then make them an archer with knight skills as their secondary to use those skills at range to fuck things up. In case you are not aware of it, being at a higher elevation gives archers more range than what their attack range actually shows. Monks are also ridiculously good, too. Getting JP up on pretty much everyone you want to use is also a good idea.

FUCK

So, in the end of the day there's only one true FFT?

I don't get why it's so hard for you to accept that I tend to prefer games that don't have a kiddie tone. It's not an absolute rule and maybe if the gameplay also didn't suffer because of it I wouldn't be so harsh on FFTA.

I like Kirby games, but if someone says they don't Kirby because they're easy and kid-oriented, I'm not going to aggro on them like you tards.

i'm interested because i want to see what other characters from the other FF mobile game make it in.

Attached: D_R1JiWU8AAnHQs.jpg (720x1280, 101K)

Attached: 100005907 Limit.gif (343x240, 140K)

this game was too hard for me
sin management is way too important

THICC
twitter.com/WOTV_FFBE/status/1150600622502060032?s=20

Delete this thread

they finally showed mediena up close?

Attached: 100014007 Limit.gif (292x651, 471K)

Of it was on switch then I’d care, but
>mobile
don’t care

>He is meek and just passively goes along with everything.
Not true at all. He could have given up and gone back to Igros instead he always made the right choice and as a result was disowned by his family, branded a heretic, and ultimately met an early death saving the world (unless you believe he survived).
>He doesn't even express basic emotions: he doesn't evee get angry about all the shit that happens to him.
Once again we're back to you being upset that he doesn't cry like a faggot about injustice to him.
>He doesn't have any sort of presence or distinctive personality.
Yeah, exactly, he's a aspirational blank slate for the player to fill. That's why him being a videogame protagonist is absolutely a valid point. The conflict is resolved by the player winning in combat.

so much pointless verbiage

it makes me a bit sad.
but the games are profitable and popular enough to warrant them to make an april fools joke like this for the first brave exvius game
youtube.com/watch?v=0mj1cN54_cE

Checked out the first scene with both the original translation and the PSP translation.
Anyone that complains about PSP is a complete idiot, the original is so dumbed down.

Depends on the game, dragalia's auto just makes it so you can clear very easy missions that your team is too strong to remotely struggle, or to do some daily farming, faster than you'd do manually, and at a higher speed as well. Other than that, at least in dragalia's case, and summoners' wars (back when I played it) the games have some nice content, and difficult fights and what not that you simply cannot "auto" through, in some cases you're just lacking the power to auto through them, in others, it's just impossible to do so. Acquiring the power to auto through things isn't an easy feat either, and there's even a different set of units that you'd bring to auto that wouldn't necessarily be optimal in manual.

Cope.
It means that the new translation either conveys the exact same thing (or less) with more words. It sacrifices clarity and brevity for a consistent "style" that only the most effete fart-sniffing pseuds care about.

Oh so you ARE a retard, good to know.
This translation comparison is fantastic, you can really filter out idiots

FFBE is an incredibly jewish game, but it does try to have an actual story and characters, and i give it credit for that, even if the story is shonky
from what i know, this new game takes place in the same world as that one, but way in the past, which i think is pretty neat.

Attached: BE cast.jpg (1280x720, 222K)

oh nononono

store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/
This is a pretty good FFT clone if you're dying for one. I enjoyed it, though obviously the aesthetic isn't great. At least it's not a fuckign phone game.

why does everything either do so little damage or have such a large health pool?

This looks like absolute shit

ANOTHER FUCKING OUT OF SEASON APRIL FOOLS JOKE
SOMEONE IS GETTING HURT TONIGHT

Here's the REAL FFT clone
store.steampowered.com/app/529160/Moekuri_Adorable__Tactical_SRPG/

Ya, Fell Seal is fine as a tactics game

I did say that the aesthetic isn't great. Gameplay is rock solid though. Cut it some slack, it was made by like 5 people.

you both a shit

Attached: mercenaries saga.jpg (910x512, 185K)

>no verticality
That's one of the things that always aggravates me in a lot of SRPGs. I want the battlefields to be more interesting than just flat planes.

Thoughts on Disgaea and Fire Emblem?

>western games
AHHAHAHAHHA

Looks alright, is it actually fun? I've bought a number of FFT clones and Fell Seal is the only one I've played that was even remotely decent.
Fuck you Rime Berta, fucking trash.

What will it take for mobile games to finally be considered equal to other games?

if 2019 square enix made a sequel to tactics everybody would talk in fake ass shakespeare old timey english like in the psp game. blame yourself or blame god.

Reminder the only reason people hate the PSP translation is they're too stupid to understand it

it's been done already, it's just that nobody pays attention due to bias

Attached: Chaos-Rings.jpg (705x344, 71K)

Attached: marche.png (500x229, 114K)

>Instead of an army we have a collection of overdesigned misfits
>The "Mobile RPG element whell" is here of fucking course, gotta give us reason to use the gacha for the better color coded SSR character
>Grind for materials to unlock job advancements (probably minor improvements instead of varied classes)
>Grind for materials to upgrade abilities
>Ugly 3D models because 2D takes too much work

How fucking hard is it to make a new and INOVATIVE Final Fantasy Tactics game, the original did SRPG like no game before with unique mechanics and style. I swear to god, all talent left video games in Japan a long time ago, nowadays all they can do is regurgitate the same shit over and over.

this looks decent but it's not for pc

no pc no buy

A control scheme that isn't shit
A monetization strategy that doesn't make the game unplayably awful
Apple and Google putting in more effort to stamp out bootlegs and asset flips (say what you want about steam, Valve does a way better job than Apple and Google)

In general phones need to have good games that control well without the use of any peripherals, and they need to actually be honest products that charge the user a fair amount and aren't trying to con people. In other words it will never happen.

I'd take western indie games over any mobile game. Mobile is inherently the worst platform for games.

That'd be fine. WOTL is still a good game.

Thank fuck that actually isn't FFTA3 or I'd be rioting.

they are pretty good.
there are three games actually, originally only the sequel and part three made it over, but the switch version has the first game with it.

Attached: Mercenaries-Saga-800x400.jpg (800x400, 77K)

Kill yourself, you stupid sack of shit.

life is unfair

That's literally The Alchemist Code. What the fuck how shameless can you be.

it's genuinely the future honestly.
as time goes on, more and more non-gacha games will be made for it, gacha is just the most lucrative right now

gumi has been working on another FF for a while now, so SE let them use their license to make a game that's connected to the other one

Why the fuck can't they get Matsuno to make FFT2? I'm sure the people who made the PSP versions of FFT and TO:LUCT are still around somewhere.
Make it like an upgraded FFT, have the same artist and composer, make it sprite based, and put it a few centuries or millennia after the original. Put it on console and PC. You could even make a mobile port later down the line. It would not be that expensive to make and lots of people would buy it.

too busy with XIV
playing it and creating for it

I don't get why square won't do another tactics game, fire emblem has been a big success for nintendo recently surely tactics can be too

Fire emblem is not popular due to the tactical aspect though, since that is complete shit

He's illiterate. FFT on PS1 wasn't even english

>gacha mobileshit
no thanks. tactics ended with A2, I guess.

>rng level ups
I love the series but yikes.

Devs already tried non-gacha games on mobile. They don't sell. Users WANT to be conned on mobile and so that's all they will ever get on that platform.
If you watch the most recent Zachtronics GDC talk someone asks him "when are you going to port another one of your games to mobile?" and he says "never" with the reasoning that games that expect you to actually pay up front simply don't sell and that there are tremendous upkeep costs because Apple and Google actively want to kill off older apps and keep things in a constant state of flux.

That's an environment that will never produce any lasting work or really anything worth a damn.

Oh boy, do I have something soul crushing to show you Yea Forums.
novacrystallis.com/2018/05/yasumi-matsuno-shows-off-scrapped-plans-final-fantasy-tactics-2/

i mean you had to assume.
i would have really liked a prequel dealing with the 50 years war though

Attached: 50 years young cid and barbaneth.jpg (960x800, 239K)

youtu.be/YZJxYLoun7g
Fuck you assholes

Attached: 1534712975210.jpg (1200x1153, 48K)

>tfw we never got that chiptune version of Rise

>haha isn't it so funny that we know exactly what you want but aren't going to make it!?
God I hate april fools day.

That wasn't it at all though. Yoshi-P is a huge fanboy for the maker of Tactica Ogre/ FFT/ffXII and did that as a tribute.

this thread has really opened my eyes to the self-denial and pretentiousness of fft fans

Squeenix can go die in a fire.
Why the fuck couldn't the Kyoani arsonist have hit them instead?

Attached: 1533851254522.jpg (415x580, 91K)

How?

Not my fault FFT is still the best game ever.

Attached: fft.jpg (1948x2494, 599K)

It's in bad taste to make a fake teaser for a style of game you haven't released in more than fucking ten years, especially when said style still has a passionate following. I don't care what the intentions were, this is Square Enix joking about how shittily they handle their franchises. It's not funny, it's just fucking irritating.
It's like if they had a fake teaser for the final Adam Jensen Deus Ex game. "Haha, isn't it hilarious how we mismanaged the Deus Ex franchise into an early grave!"

You are totally misinterpreting what is going on.

Draw you sword.

Attached: draw your sword.png (300x317, 7K)

>FFBE
I already know it's going to be the worst type of gacha power creep imaginable

>I buy good games on mobile like Monster Hunter Stories.
>On mobile

Attached: 1562039817527.jpg (685x684, 36K)

They already are. People are just looking in the wrong places.
youtube.com/watch?v=d6M-V_Ps2Ss

why must mobile games exhume the corpses of the things I once loved?

Misplaced nostalgia makes big bucks

Coming in to +1 this. Visually it's a mess and the story is pretty bland, but the actual gameplay and content is a love letter to FFT/TO. It's not as good as the high notes of those but avoids the lows of those as well. Solid title, worth a play. Lots of classes and a lot of the design choices are very deliberate. Game is slightly unbalanced but not nearly as borked as FFT

Attached: 206002307 Win Before.gif (106x98, 90K)

Why do battles take so long in FFT?

well before the story went "lol demons" it was in many ways about a class struggle and it showed good and bad on both sides. i also liked how wiegraf was always an antagonist but clearly was not evil.

it's just an incredibly slow game.
not as slow as knight of lodis though.
that game made me want to off myself as a kid due to the slow as fuck speed

There's gonna be gachashit, right? Why did it have to happen to FFT? Can't we just fucking get an actual Tactics Ogre game instead?

Attached: 1553399017313.png (600x581, 328K)

Not sure how I feel about the concept but I'm mad we didn't get a proper FFT2 sequel all the same.
Still, it's not too late to do one. The fact that Matsuno is cooperating with Square-Enix and they added Ramza to Dissidia must mean something right?

never.
the last actual game using the license we ever got was tactics S, and it was a spectacular failure

>mobile
>card rules
>even more anime artstyle than previous entries
>horseshit animations
>ability board shit instead of proper jobs and job abilities
>main character is made to resemble ramza/marche

only the dead can know peace from this evil
why does square hate final fantasy tactics so damn much?

Attached: 136513552333.jpg (251x251, 19K)

Brand exploitation.

>Tactics S
Yes, I'm sure a MP only mobile installment for a SP franchise on handhelds (formerly consoles) would have been really well received. It deserved to be forgotten.

The GBA simply wasn't up to the task for running SRPGs, the AI thought too slowly. PSP was where it was at.

Is the Ogre game on 64 worth playing?

it and crystal defenders tanking basically told them that people didn't care about it, so don't expect anything now

Attached: 255000305 Standby.gif (90x61, 7K)

What's with Japan releasing shit games in a franchise and then taking as a lesson that these franchises are now worthless since people don't buy their shit games?

yes.

Goddam that hurts. The silver lining is that FFT is still on their mind I guess.

i never knew ds had a vp

do you think it will have non-ffbe characters?

was going to say no since everything shown so far has been OC stuff, but i forgot that one of the pre-register rewards is dark mage y'shtola

Attached: EAsj-xoUcAAE-QF.jpg (1920x1080, 517K)

>this series
The image is fake. War of the Visions isn't an FFT game, it's a Brave Exvius game.

i like both but think they went downhill. i have not played new fe tho

>Brave Exvius game
Wouldn't this be an event in BE? Am I missing something?

I realize this post was 7 hours ago, but literally every Trpg has such exploits. Disgaea literally bases it's game around such exploits. One exception might be old-school shining force or fire emblem titles where there were no grindable encounters and so you had a limited amount of exp/weapons, but even then it was just "level all the horse dudes because they're broken as shit" or something similar.

this honestly.
they are trying to ride the FFT train, but it really is just Alchemist code with a FF coat.
hopefully like how BE improved over brave frontier in actual gameplay, they'll improve over AC.
god i hate AC

>mobile

Attached: paw.jpg (512x384, 27K)

E and I are on opposite sides of the keyboard. Fuck off poser.

i guess they could add more later. if not i hope esther is in. thanks tho

im sure they will do a collab too

maybe it's just a special thing.
i actually wouldn't mind if they just focused on OC's instead of just shoving bartz or firion in there.
they have more than enough neat characters from BE to fill out the roster a bit
they already did say there was going to be a collab in fact.
gotta promote the game

Attached: Ds9BdVmXcAACQkD.jpg (750x720, 95K)

Higher res and less loading.

Because Advance really isn't kiddie at all and you're just reaching to try and elevate the game you like. It's slightly less bleak. That's it.

jesus fucking christ

How fucking dare you pretend FFTA3 is a thing. I hope you fucking die.

You raised my hopes so high only to let them drop like my balls

>Sing to me of a time long past
Low blow, there. Tactics Ogre being dead is the second saddest thing in the world.