Super Mario Maker 2

>play through user's whole catalogue of levels
>pretty good stuff, heart over half of them
>(s)he starts playing my levels, does not beat any of them
>spent 1minute going through 'em all
Thanks for the plays I guess.

Post your levels, play stuff made by others etc.

Attached: mariomaker22.jpg (800x611, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=idoYCVLh2qI
youtube.com/watch?v=hpaUoHu9k54
clips.twitch.tv/HomelyCoweringNewtCeilingCat
nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obligatory anchor post. My family is too poor for a picture of an anchor.

SKX-TPC-12H

I like to hurt people.

I'll go through all your levels if you go through all mine I'm not posting my levels here though

>My family is too poor for a picture of an anchor.
I'm sorry to hear that, bro.

WHEN?
FOR BOTH

Attached: lank mar peng.png (289x218, 160K)

How do I make music stick to the player mid way through the level?

Parasite Park
6D4-Q0R-22H

Trick Track Tundra
LYF-NDK-1SG

Brittle Barracks
NWN-041-CQG

Starfall Plains
845-PDG-DPF

If you play any of these, reply with a code and I'll give your level a shot.

Attached: forced tutorials.webm (204x360, 171K)

There is anything worst than the idiotic "Kill Bowser by making him destroy the blocks under him" gimmick? So fucking slow and boring

Kill Bowser by spamming fire flowers
You don't. Best you can do is cover the whole area with the effect.

BG2-148-0X2

X59-3RG-SXF

RFN-61T-53G

Easy to hard in that order and also new to older in that order

if you don't know answers to shit, don't try to offer help to people

>129 attempts
>0 clears
oh no I made another shitty level. Why does this always happen
NMJ-GT2-2CG

Posted the wrong ID in the last thread
Web of Lies: L2D 8KW 47G
My 2nd level and its a hard one

Not even that hard, but a massive chore to grind through. Did enjoy the bullethellishness and the second section. Missed one red coin, not gonna bother with replaying for it.

>I like to hurt people.
That's a wrong attitude for making a level.

What's the answer then

Bowser’s Basement Escape
JY6-86X-R7G

Pipe Valley
SYS-J1L-MYG

This level would've been much better if you didn't add all the pointless stuff to it.

Music effects keep playing as long as there is an enemy with the effect on screen. Placing munchers with the effect inside walls, is a pretty good way to have specific music play in specific parts of a level.

It's a long conditional level.

Fucking hell, people complain about infinite fire flower fights but the SMB3 "wait for bowser to ground pound near random blocks until he dies" is fucking torture.
>4 layers of brick blocks
FUCK

The middle one is plain bad. The level is barren and dull and there's nothing to guide the player.

I boo levels that are anything short of exceptional. If you don't put the utmost effort into your level it has no business being posted here.

Attached: file.png (249x249, 77K)

Some intermediate levels. I'll be playing levels in the thread.
>Bud Bounce Garden
8KL-QT8-W3G
SMW garden full of bouncy flowers and goombuds.
>Temple of the North
D7Q-Y49-81G
SMB3 spooky mountaintop temples full of angry ghosts.
>Razorblade Garden
MT3-LYK-Y3G
SMB spiky mechanical garden

>spend hours putting together level
>have to keep platforming designed tight and fast for certain mechanic to not break
>suddenly realize its going to be fucking impossible for anyone but me to clear this without dying 50 million times
whelp guess i'll spend the next few days slighting adjusting jumps and putting in extremely concise coin trails

Play this short speedrun level. If you can make the first 2 jumps you can complete it easily.
D76-C7Y-B2H

Attached: a6f9e14ad6956a16be7406235650ae36.jpg (1411x1400, 540K)

Is there a reason we aren't moving to vg after x consecutive threads or is it some unwarranted autistic hatred for vg I wasn't aware of? The threads are active enough to thrive on vg.

I'd like to but most people are reluctant to move over to /vg/

Thanks to the lad who played my level and uploaded the webm of him fucking smashing my level.

I'm going to beat your level tomorrow, got to the first checkpoint after a lot of struggle on the tornados.

Attached: pi.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

I was playing Smash Ultimate but you posted a booby girl with your level so I'm going to play it now

what's the code

Anons i need your help!
I think about buying a Mario Game, after some years, but cant decide.
MM2, Odyssey or New Super Mario Bros?

Either Odyssey or MM2
Both are in my top 10 games of all time, you can't go wrong with either, but you have to be willing to make the effort to find good levels if you get MM2

Odyssey and MM2 are both excellent. MM2 needs online to be good though. NSMB isn't bad but the other two are better value imo.

Mario Maker 2 for quantity, Odyssey for quality. Overall I'd pick SMM2. New Mario U is pretty great as well, can't really go wrong with any of them.

26L STM 0LG for mine
His is GRT P7G R5G

Easier Courses:

Spooky Athletic
>X8B-123-6KF

Upside down shenanigans
>3BP-C6C-HHF

DIFFICULT COURSES:

Epic Smashing, as a god
>BQ8-8RS-GSF

Mountain Climbing
>95F-MC0-0PF

B4P-PQ3-1VG

My second level, let me know what you think. I just tried to make it enjoyable and not that difficult. It's pretty straightforward too. Tell me what works and what doesn't. Thanks !

P-Switch Pyramid
>MHJ-FL3-V0H
short standard course themed around p-switches and bob-ombs. (optional) 3 optional big coins to collect. Feedback would be appreciated.

Super Shmup Bros. 2
>0DR-KYK-BGF
shmup stage in a desert setting, lots of explosions. Can be played singleplayer or multiplayer. For some reason this has lower plays than my other levels.

Shilling my level.
Either MM2 or Odyssey. I feel like you'll get the most bang for your buck out of MM2, as people will just continue pumping out content until it completely runs out of steam.

Attached: Sandy Superstar Sprint.jpg (2568x720, 552K)

New speedrun course i just made

LB0-07G-2VG

Attached: i.chzbgr.png (574x768, 150K)

3-[G] Echoing light
L6J-76N-F2G

My latest level that I hate more than anything. The gameplay concept turned out alright but god damn is it ugly.

Attached: EApbusVUIAA5IBy.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Chilly Coastline: 8TL-4C3-JQG

I'm too lazy to finish another level so I'm just gonna keep shilling this one. Traditional SMB3 Ice level.

Snake blocks suck but I had fun for the most part
Didn't feel very coherent in the ghost house, felt like I was just doing tasks rather than going through a level if that makes sense?
I still like it though

>decide to play some other user's level
>input code
>level has already tens/hundreds of plays and likes
get the fuck out of here, don't shill popular levels.

QT Plant to get your attention

The Weeds of Wrath: (4TH-2Y4-DHG) - A SMB3 Jungle/Pipe & Underground Metriodvania that uses several types of plants in creative ways.

Airshipvania: (BQ6-9QH-DNG) - This Metriodvania uses more creative boss fights, shellments, seesaws, and the SMW theme unlike the 1st one.

If you play one or maybe both of them please tell me which one you liked playing more or what did you enjoy or dislike about the one you played.

Attached: 59FEB52C-E34A-44F6-8A09-10A39097F2EA.png (532x800, 344K)

Let me know if you do what OP did and give all my levels a fair shake for a like, and I'll do the same for you. I'm going to start playing levels ITT from the bottom, too.

8K6-L2D-1BG
Super Mario Generations 1-2

My latest is the second level in a prospective campaign that goes through all styles on offer and caters to a classic SMB experience. I've made about 10 levels but scrapped a few that didn't make the cut as far as I could see. Everything I've uploaded should be highly playable and hopefully even fun. Red coins are optional in the campaign levels.

Attached: 1564369820269.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

but if you or other people here haven't played it what does it matter?

Don't have time to play right now and don't have new levels to shill. Thanks for the offer though.

>tfw mechagamezilla played my levels and liked them

Attached: jerry seinfeld.jpg (504x281, 22K)

>megagaylizard
is that an eceleb or something?

Just some YouTuber that makes funny videos, sometimes about video games

>tfw some youtuber played a few of my levels
>didn't like any of them

idk who this is but shut up faggot

>tfw a japanese girl likes your level

Attached: 1564064539333.jpg (844x1000, 480K)

Tried it but I simply cannot get into Metroidvania levels, sorry

Its okay user at least you tried!

>cabal member appears

8W1-YG6-S0G

A level about thwomps crushing things

Not my level, but I played this in endless and this is by far the best one I've ever played. Its 5 or 6 homages to classic nes games.

FAMICOM REMIX?
6BM 89T 9NG

>The threads are active enough to thrive on vg.
No they aren't. They literally die within an hour of being there.

These threads have no discussion, just people sharing levels.
Just let them be on Yea Forums until they become so slow they die naturally or become weekend-only which will be soon anyhow.
You'll survive 1 slot less for a Smash thread til then.

if anons actually posted feedback there would be enough discussion

Thanks !! I see what you mean about the task things, I'll try to do something better next time.

Dr. Wrench’s Cloudy Contraption!
XMG-293-RQG
>I’m really hoping this one turned out alright because it took a surprising amount of time to get right. I tried my hand at creating a boss battle that isn’t just Boom Boom, Bowser Jr, or Bowser which was definitely the part of the level that took the longest to get right.

Any feedback is great, positive or negative.

Attached: 291A7581-D6BB-45AC-9365-1E7BF8342534.jpg (1280x720, 221K)

I made a fucking water level, enjoy!

>Boat Dungeons3: Underwater City!
8YQ-1R4-WMF

Attached: rip-van-fish.gif (500x500, 52K)

That's literally the intended way to use that bowser

>make a level
>almost everybody who actually ends up clearing it leaves a like
>waves of immediate skips from children who died once brings down the ratio immensely
the key really is to just make speedrun bullshit, isn’t it?

Hey guy who made that collaboration stage. That was amazing! Obviously my own room with the bloopers was the best actually liked all of them and how you made them all come back at once for one grand finale was absolutely rad. Really, really good. More people should play it and you should make more of these.

I know it is but it is so fucking tedious

isn't it gut-wrenching to type in a 9-character code without a keyboard, and not being able to just nicely copy and paste it? what the fuck is nintendo doing, why do they still make console exclusives?

oh, didn’t mean to reply to a post, my bad.

Not really, it's pretty quick
Not like typing in "1-4: The Fiery Adventure of Mario" would be any faster to type in now would it.

I played through it. It's not ugly, you did the best you could with the tileset available. SMB3 can be limiting at times because some semisolid platforms often look samey; just look at the desert and airship themes, all of them are boxes that look very much the same. Very solid level, it was fun to play through and didn't feel like a chore at all. A lot of people complain about underwater levels, but when they're this well designed they're not a problem at all. Good job on this one, I'll be playing through your other levels.

reshilling my levels for feedback

Am I the only one who sometimes gets fucked over by note blocks?
I swear every so often I do a small jump instead of a big one and it results in my death.
Something about these blocks fucks me over.

I've downvoted every single level I've played on Yea Forums so far. you're all terrible at making levels, probably because you're a bunch of sub-20 year old zoomers with absolutely no taste and stumped creativity. why not make something with actual effort, and not just upload some putrid garbage you threw together in 10 minutes.

Attached: 1541677227854.jpg (319x319, 16K)

I want to see a Yea Forums collab that has each section made by a different maker from here. No idea how that would work though

Same here, for some reason.
I don't recall having any trouble with them in the original games but there's something about mm2 that makes them a bit iffy for me.

>I've downvoted every single level I've played on Yea Forums so far.
No you haven't.

Post codes, frogposter :^)

Kinda like a Yea Forums game cover thread?
Everyone makes 1 room and screenshots it or something. Then one dude takes all of these and strings them together into one massive level full of different ideas and designs.

I mean the fact that it's a console game in general, and I have to type in every single code manually instead of just copy+paste like I'd be able to do with a PC game. I fucking hate nintendo so much.

Yeah, it would be cool

>Put on my sister's skirt and sits in your lap
>P-play my levels!!

D13-YSY-MYG

8P0-6DP-SVF

You could divvy up the sections of the create mode and assign them to whoever volunteers, say 2 grids each. Those people make what they plan to make, then take a snapshot and send it to the guy who wants to post it, then using those photos he can recreate each section. The only tricky thing would be linking them all together, but that would depend on the theme of the stage

I'm sorry user, I'm just a girl, I don't know how to m-make my courses any better

fuck off tranny

6NN-8X4-FTF

A speedrun-ish course built around shellmet-thwomp mechanics. Definitely the most interesting course I've made!

Difficulty: Hard

I only skip levels if I can’t figure out what to do next (puzzle gimmicks), the level is expecting me to suffer through trial and error bullshit, or is blatantly design to be unfair or a troll. In Reggie’s words, “if the game’s not fun, why bother?”

>Tanooki Baseball
Ok that really was cool, you deserve your fame

I wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

Very good level.
It looks pretty, plays great and has a fun theme.
The boss had a bit too may cannons though, but that is just a minor inconvenience.

Hot

All of that is totally understandable. My levels can be a little challenging but never would I call them unfair, if anything the majority of them are probably a little too easy. What gets me is when I get a bunch of instant skip plays from kids who die somewhere in the level and give up immediately, I assume giving it a boo some of the time. It’s just frustrating and it also destroys my clear rate which is now hovering around 10%.

I feel you, I just wanted to make sure the boss wasn’t too easy or static so I tried to give it a “phase two” with some upped difficulty. Thanks for playing.

Classic levels in order of difficulty. All of these have hidden secrets and 1-ups to find.

Dusty Dig Site - BMQ-VB6-FMG
Falling & Moving platforms with some enemies to avoid

Crimson Castle - MH4-3JW-0TG
Castle level with varying lava levels and lots of dry bones

Funky Fish Forest - 12B-TMH-4GG
Forest level with Wigglers and Cheep Cheeps

Swinging Slopes - K22-3RV-VVG
Claws and Goombas, webm is the speedrun route for the 1st section.

Attached: swinging_slopes.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

>tfw making levels only Toad can beat
get fucked plumberniggers

>playing as a generic mook

My harder levels, no crazy kaizo item abuse tricks, but some require precision

Thwomp Air - 6MY-56G-92G
webm related, spin jump around on thwomps

Banzai Bill Race - T0M-99Q-BVG
Race a banzai bill to the end of each bullet bill / cannonball filled section so you can use it to jump to the next.

Shellsprung Switches - DF5-R2T-QXG
Lots of throwing shells at on/off switches, with some springs sprinkled in

Attached: thwomp_air_360.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

In collaboration with milly!, Mondo, zankioh, Neg69, and jonny_, here's a red coin level. It's fairly simple, and none of the trials are too hard.
Yea Forums's Red Coin Cavern:
XFY-909-57G

I'm gonna do another one of these in this thread, so give me a moment to think of a theme.

If you ever end up editing the level, it might be a good idea to have a cannons that shoots winged bombs instead of the blue pipes. This way the method for killing the boss will double as a hazard, making the fight feel much more dynamic.

Played it just before and it was super cool. You did great there.

I kinda want to play this, but I'd rather drop a bowling ball onto my ballsack than purchase a Nintendo switch. what do?

tweaked and re-uplaoded a bunch of levels plus some new ones.

>Let's Shellebrate 1.0
35P-JNB-0PG

>Let's Shellebrate 2.0
C70-XTP-8TF

>Dungeon of Yang v2
QBY-10X-9SG

>Fire & Ice
N99-HS7-GWG

>Novic Kaizo World v2
VBG-66D-52H

>Hallmark Hurdles
VGL-55B-GFF

>The Princess is in another Castle
N7S-HX9-L0H

Attached: smb_main.jpg (1887x1063, 742K)

Find a nerd and steal his switch. I don't think you can emulate it.

That’s an interesting idea, I’ll keep that in mind if I ever rework it.

Thanks! I'm glad everyone enjoyed their sections.

Thanks alot! Glad you enjoyed it, give me a clue to who you are and I'll give your levels a go!

Your faggotry aside what the fuck is that second level nigga? Is there a hidden Dev block don't bs me

Your new garden level is nice

Attached: budbounce.webm (768x432, 2.86M)

So when you guys re upload a level with a 1-x label, do you indicate in any way it is a revision/reupload? Does the levels being out of order bug you like it bugs me?

This is an awesome level

I've never had to reupload a level out of order as I've luckily been able to spot issues early enough (plus I'm slow as shit at making new levels anyway), so I don't give them a new name since they're still in order anyway. I guess if I did ever reupload an older level I'd have to add (REUPLOAD) to the title.

Pinball Desert:
DFW-QQX-9TF

The Green Prison Mystery:
S6L-WW8-GTG

The Infinite Abyss Misery Series (Ongoing)

I love sadness and despair and hate fun, and you should too. These levels are anguish and grief incarnate, destroying your will to live and everything that's good in your life. The world will expire in a dead sea of nothingness and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

From easiest to hardest:

>Too Dark Gothic Sadness: Origins
>LGL-N50-30G
>A relatively quick romp through misery.

>Stark Escarpment Solitude
>N1H-6PK-4HF
>Crushing emptiness murdering your inner child.

>Lonely Toad 1
>6VK-TV2-8YF
>A tour de force of absolute misery and despair.

I sincerely hope that you don't enjoy any of this. We will all suffocate in the cold of dark space when we finally run out of air.

Attached: thesadnessofnothing.png (272x224, 1K)

Mario's air raid

Bomb the foreign goombas from the safety of the airship provided by the United States government. Take the goomba oil.

S33-BBK-RRF

Thebeast plays using stick instead of a d pad. How the fuck...

thanks, I tried to make it fun both for speedrunners and regular players. nice job taking the WR if thats you, jonny_ has pretty impressive times on a lot of my levels.

Hoshi, here's my most recent level. Right now I'm doing Endless, but I'll resume playing your stuff in a moment. They're very good levels, feel straight out of an official Mario game.

Fucking lmao

I hope they add more characters to play as in updates. I want a pikachu and yu ayasaki

>wanting random character from other series
its mario maker not super smash maker. they should add characters like peach, wario and nabbit if anything.

Pikachu and jumpu girl are way more popular than those mario characters. Plus it adds more variety if even more characters become available, even the ones you mentioned.

The Madman's Mansion
"Late at night, Mario raids a madman's mansion to retrieve his stolen boot!"
Difficulty: Intermediate
Code: NR2-XL1-LDF

I'll be playing the other levels in the threads too, I'm having fun trying out all the different Yea Forums levels.

Attached: waterskele.gif (500x500, 719K)

i bet it gets taken down with a level desc like that lol

I only had to do it for one level because I was too insistent on making it difficult and now realized that it is just way too difficult.

It would be nice if you could force a character for your level too. Like make people play as toad in a captain toad level or luigi in a luigi's mansion level.

Probably

Posting some of my recent levels

>SYL-1RG-LSF
Tower with 8 bosses. People seem to like it. There is supposed to be a skip at the start but I don't know if it actually works. Let me know if you can pull it off.

>V89-GRB-QHG
My attempt at a traditional smb3 level using pipes, koopas, fish, water and claws.

I always try to be reciprocal with level plays. But let me know if there's anything in particular you want me to try.

>tfw skipping a level when you're just about to die

Attached: 1538739897206.png (295x304, 222K)

Very enjoyable level, you managed to cram an impressive amount of fun little details in there.
It would've been a good idea to place a "safety coin" in the level though. If players die after collecting all coins, they lose their coin progress regardless of checkpoints. Because of this it's a good idea to place the last coin right before the door. In this case, a good location for a safety coin, would've been the checkpoint of the magikoopa.

>Have a great idea for a speedrun level
>If I made it, Yea Forums would think I was selling out

Attached: 1521168674766.png (538x442, 138K)

same except replace speedrun with gimmick

do it and post the results, anons. fuck any judgmental anons.

Attached: 1563733517281.jpg (1440x1080, 204K)

I like speedruns. I made one myself too.

Why the fuck would you spare two seconds of thought about what a bunch of random fuckers on Yea Forums will think of you for making a level that you think would be cool

Finished just as time was running out. Very enjoyable! I have a level called mario the psychopath which was trying to go for the same vibe but it's a lot shorter

Thank you! and I agree with the safety coin, It's an oversight I really should have considered. I did have an extra coin before, but I omitted it since I noticed that people get discouraged when they see how many red coins they have to collect.

I'm still working on it but I will be sure to shill it until Yea Forums boos it into oblivion

Something like that shouldn’t bother you unless you’re actually selling out.

That's the best compliment! SMB3 is my favorite game and that I manage to create levels that somewhat resemble the original is the greatest feeling! I'll go through your levels now!

3-5 Soaked passage
8H3-1S9-FGF

This level got very comfy. I tried speedrunning it a few times as a beta test and with some precise jumps and clever use of enemies you can skip the slower sections and get a really nice flow going!

Attached: EAqI2zQUEAMrvEO.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

TBG-6D1-DWG

currently has a 0% clear rate with 3000+ tries. A pretty annoying level.

People died in the gulf war user, not cool

Goombrat Rampage! (073-NKM-J4G) - You go around a level killing Goombrats in unique ways. Its okay because they're Goombrats.

Airshipvania: (BQ6-9QH-DNG) - One of my more exploration based levels that involves you going around a giant airship looking for a way to defeat Bowser Jr before he blows up the Mushroom Kingdom

Kamek's Katastrophic Gameshow! (75D-GPJ-H6G Kamek has offered a prize pool of 1,000 coins if you can complete his challenging game show! Will Mario & Co. win the big prize? (Use comments)

>made multiple speedrun levels
>none of them got more than 10 plays
ok

I am back, and following the suggestions of other anons following the last collab, I'm going to ATTEMPT to coordinate a proper collaboration. The rules are as follows:
>Include your maker name somehow, either with coins, or with tracks, or some other means
>You will have 6 full screens to work with, excluding door 'd', which will be only 4 screens
>You MUST leave room for scroll stop, at least one full length bar on either side of your room
>You may ONLY use 25 enemies/entities, and if you have a powerup, you MUST make it so it cannot carry over to other rooms. If you submit a violation of this rule, I will manually edit your section as to not interfere with the other entries
>Your entry must have an entry door and an exit pipe, or, if you select a pipe, an entry pipe and an exit door.
The doors are in a vertical subworld. You will have 2 screens wide, and 3 screens tall to work with, excluding door d, which is 2x2. The pipes are in a horizontal main world, so scroll stop on left and right, and they will be 3 wide and 2 tall.
You do NOT need to worry about the infinite checkpoint and red coins. Do not place red coins in your section, I will be handling those all after the section.
Anyway, get claiming, I have 6 available rooms. If you need clarification on any rules, feel free to ask. Get making!

Attached: collab1.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

How do you manage to get less than 100 plays on any level

>Race pewdiepie to the promised land XD!!!!

Attached: 1530338034.png (617x541, 390K)

I don't know ;_;

but how will we submit?

How does screenlock work? I want to start my level at the top of the map and make it so the camera doesn't pan down

when will somebody make a twin peaks speedrun

Your levels have good ideas, but all that i have played are in serious need of polish. There aren't any large faults in them, but everything is a bit janky.
Is the yellow pipe at the beginning of the tower a poorly hidden devskip, or a design oversight? Flying to it is a trivial matter.

I just re-uploaded one of my levels and would appreciate if you gave it a play:
ST4-FV9-K1H
The goal of the level is to keep the two POWs from touching the ground.

I also have other levels posted here:
They are quite good, so you should consider giving them a go.

Just post pictures of your section, and I'll reconstruct it. Probably a little annoying, but I can't really think of a better way.

user... I'm going to start working on it now.

Attached: 1563733021983.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

>just spent like 10 minutes drawing a comment for someone
I hope people actually like drawings

Pretty much everyone does. I know I do

Hmm, this seems complex.
Why not limit people to exactly 1 screen room, makes it a lot easier for you to "copy" it too

Wouldnt a better idea be that anyone who wants to be in the collaboration submit and upload a level with requirements, and than we vote for top 6 to make it in?

not him but 1 screen seems a bit small. 2x2 is visible if you zoom out though

whats a good name for a level where bowser performs an abortion

I guess I just like trying to work around the limited space of 1 screen see my recent mole trials

"bowser performs an abortion"

I'd prefer everyone get a large chunk of space, limiting it to one screen feels too restrictive personally, and i don't mind spending a while to recreate large sections. Door D gets cucked though because I need room for the actual lobby and checkpoint system.
Also yeah, I feel the vertical bit is confusing, thats my bad. I hope it isnt that confusing though.
Maybe, this is my first time trying a collaboration like this, so forgive me if it's a little disorganized. Also, I'm not even certain i'll GET 6 entries, so I'll keep this in mind if it comes down to it.

Maybe first of all we should decide on a game style and theme?

If you make a level that’s even a little difficult, but clearly doable, you will have a clear rate below 10%. People will likely have to try a few times to get a tough level right.

Thanks for the feedback, that yellow pipe was a major oversight, seems to be one block too tall. I don't want to reupload in case someone manages to glitch up there maybe?

Funny thing. I played your POW juggle the first time you had posted it! Took me forever. Im not sure exactly what changed this time but sadly now I found out there is a way to cheese it: if you trigger one pow near the right side, it doesn't hit the p-switch. So you can just cheese the full challenge.

I enjoy your levels so i'll check out some others

I posted an image, though I guess I didn't explicitly state. It's SMW, Sky theme.

I have not made a single level yet. I'm just to lazy to do it.

Attached: EAUwPYWVAAAjgSJ.jpg (1004x753, 67K)

Reshilling from an earlier thread
>2B2-KVM-LFF
“Secret Melee Race”
It’s not a *perfect* recreation of “race to the finish” from Melee’s classic mode, but it does have a secret door that requires some effort to unlock.

Attached: 02A4012C-3501-4066-952C-CC3B0F198BB0.png (917x689, 61K)

This is just an example I made in 5 minutes but do you mean something of this in size?

Attached: 68882C7D-1C95-48B7-B0F1-69B969B8FE59.jpg (1280x720, 276K)

... is that a real hamster or a toy ?

That is one screen. he mean either 3x2 or 2x3 screens depending on pipe / door entrance.

Good catch! I forgot that they changed how POWs work when triggered by non-player sources.

>Tick Tack Tetris Attack.
VLX-7G9-KKF

Quick level.

Okay so you want me to fill an area consisting of 2 horizontal screens and 3 vertical screens, SMW sky theme, and you want me to leave room for a 1 tile thick screen stop at the bottom and top? Since it's vertical left and right side wouldn't make sense, right?

yeah, what said. for reference, this is 2x2

Attached: collab2.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Okay thanks that's way more reasonable.

Shilling my most recent stages again. Feedback is appreciated, will be working on more tonight.
Hope anyone who plays my levels enjoys them!

>Blue Boo Hullabaloo
SKV - XM3 - 4GG
Traditional SMB1 icy platforming stage. Tried to go back to basics for this one. Fun to speedrun as well.

>Steamboat Mario
4HS - KMR - DXF
Travel through the Pipe Seas on your trusty steamboat and encounter some scurvy pirates along the way.

>Dead-End Koopazon Warehouse Job
G84 - 4D0 - M0H
After losing your builder’s license, you’ve had to resort to other means to keep afloat in the tough Mushroom Kingdom economy. But enough is enough, and you’re going to stick it to those greedy business rats and your shitty boss, today! (collect all the red coins for a nice secret bonus)

>Dangerous Game of Lava Chicken
S5N - QQ8 - MJF
A no jumping level with a focus on getting uncomfortably close to rising and falling lava to progress. Includes a lot of big coin/1-up bonus incentives for challenge seekers. I improved this a lot from the previous version to remove tedium (no more mandatory platform waiting for the main objective or p-switch garbo).

>60-Second Romp with Longboi Chomp
NHQ - GPW - YYF
A simple 100 coin collection level that has you in a room with a dangerous extra lengthy chomp.

Attached: 1531240769181.jpg (679x846, 101K)

correct

Actually fun desu

Ok, because "The pipes are in a horizontal main world, so scroll stop on left and right" was a bit confusing, considering if we have a 2 wide and 3 high area to work with there's no need for scroll stops horizontally since it's the border anyway

Although maybe for the sake of ease it would be a good idea to just make an at least 1 high wall all around anyway

Another good one! Missed 2 coins though..

so do we claim an entrance first or after we have made it?

I played pretty much all of your stages last night and enjoyed all of them, Blue Boo, Steamboat and Longboi chomp in particular. The latter has given me a great idea for a boss down the road in my own series.

Also well done on Lava Chicken, I usually despise don’t jump stages but this one plays to the strength of not being able to jump and it doesn’t overstay it’s welcome in addition to being fun to play.

Attached: AE6DB3F3-503F-46FE-8A59-3DA0A9DB00D8.jpg (480x480, 43K)

I don't know.

traditionally you claim it beforehand, otherwise if someone else claims it before you finish you're boned.

I'll take C for zankioh then.
Hope I can come up with something fun. Or maybe frustrating. Or both.

How hard do we want this level to be on average? Would be weird if one room was baby tier and another was break your neck.

"I got a call about the furnace"

W2M-FM8-GPG

Are you a handy enough dude to play the most spammed level on Yea Forums? Are you scared of ice blocks? Does the sight of giant turtles plopping menacingly turn your legs to jelly? Can you uncover secrets that have eluded man for centuries?

Attached: more like funace.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

8K8-3QD-XVF for pic related

I wanted to make an a e s t h e t i c level with one core mechanic

Attached: thwompsairship.webm (320x180, 2.14M)

Welp I've lost the bronze medal for maker points.

How are people getting so many so quickly?

claiming A for milly!

gotta shit out levels regularly

Some people are apparently "saving up" 3+ levels at once, releasing them all in one go to have a better shot at the weekly medal
but who cares you lose those again anyway unless you keep making levels forever

Don't you unlock some outfit though?

I wish i had the patience for the achievements, can't even score 2 in super expert

Yeah there are outfits for medals, but any medal will do
Forget about the spikes medals though

Let's aim for about expert level difficulty. I don't mind if the sections are easier, but I want to avoid one section being strictly hard as balls.

Thank you thank you! It always makes my day to hear people enjoy the stuff I make.
Glad to hear that about lava chicken too, it was the one I was most unsure about due to the low clear rate. Before I reworked it a bit the level was just plain tedious. I turned a lot of the trail and error puzzle elements into bonus sections instead, which helped a lot I think.

Based furnace user.

New Mario U is superior for Multiplayer as all the levels are designed with more than 1 player in mind.
MM2 multiplayer is a very much a patchwork job.

Attached: 1562091367011.jpg (1024x957, 161K)

I am very tempted but I'm straining for my own levels as it is. Don't know if I could come up with something short and sweet for the collab.

Bit Crusade 3 is an adventure series of Mario levels that play in the traditional sense (scaling difficulty, hidden rooms and level theming). So if you like traditional Mario stages you’ll probably like these. The “game” will eventually utilize all 5 styles so there’s a little something for everyone. Every stage has five red coins hidden within that unlock a super bonus room at the end.

Start here:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG

Newest Stage: NEW
3-4: Lakitu's Furnace of Fun L85-RRY-YQF

Team up with Mama and Papa Yoshi to defeat Lakitu and reclaim Yoshi's Island!
Castle stage utilizing both colored Yoshi's abilities, with platforming and a unique boss fight at the middle and end.

Feedback is appreciated and returned. If you got a really good level I’ll likely make a short webm of it to showcase it. If you decide to take the plunge and play them I hope you enjoy them. If you complete everything up to the current stage let me know and I'll play all your levels if I haven't already.

Is like to get in on this but I was part of the last one so I wanna give other creators a chance to join. If no one else does or there isn’t enough people I’ll contribute too otherwise I’ll wait for the next one.

No problem. I throughly enjoyed myself. I think nonjump stages are mostly tedious by nature but yours is a good example of it not falling into that mold. Boomeranging on the lava ledges is quite nerve wracking but fun too.

Attached: C1B992A5-41C2-4F1C-8337-C4ABDB93C291.jpg (1024x768, 115K)

Love it, really Super mario bros 3!

do it bro
just put 3 bowsers

kek
although I wonder how the collab is going to handle limited enemies, like bowser or the angry sun. Are those simply off-limits?

>playing Endless on each of the difficulties
>expected to see levels full of the multi-coins everywhere
>so far people have used them sparingly and appropriately
>haven't seen enemy spam
>no lakitu spam either
>no corridor-filled-with-starmen-and-8-Bowsers levels
>not a single DON'T MOVE level
Did Nintendo develop an algorithm to kill these or has the player base matured

Attached: 1559587258303.jpg (1829x2049, 540K)

y-you... you can beat this, right?

44X-J0Q-RXG

Attached: parabolas.webm (320x180, 2.86M)

I remember beating this a long time ago

Huh weird I had never actually clicked this image to see that it was spanish

youtube.com/watch?v=idoYCVLh2qI

you're the 1% lmao

>nsmb walljump course with spikes everywhere
I can probably beat it, but I wouldn't enjoy playing it.

I'm not sure yet, though most likely off limits. I hadn't really considered this.

the the concept of the Boo keeps many people from making total garbage and the Boo helps kill any stage that is total garbage. That is not to say there isn't garbage levels but its been disincentivized.

POST MORE BIG TIDDY SPANISH MISAO

Attached: Misao.png (875x825, 170K)

Claiming F for Jenome.
The main world ones can use doors right?
Can i submit as a level for you to download?

No, the all the doors are used in both worlds, unfortunately.
Also sure, feel free to upload it, and i'll download it when im making it

>Is like to get in on this but I was part of the last one so I wanna give other creators a chance to join
I mean the last collab was just item suggestions so its not really the same.

>make brutal section for
>he is the one who has to clear check it while I can relax

Attached: 26.jpg (332x198, 35K)

have you ever run into the same course more than once while playing?
I've played the same ice level like 4 times, 2 in Multiplayer vs and 2 in Endless. Funny enough, I ran into that level twice in the same endless run! I have the feeling that multiple people copied the same level layout and uploaded it for whatever reason.

Its probably one of the title screen levels that get put in your editor when you start the game

I'm just a mismatch of bullshit
J5D-FB7-K9G

Feel free to cheese

Attached: Mario smash.jpg (1200x675, 137K)

I once got some level from one of you guys in Endless Expert. And I already ground out the world record on it before that, too.

Twice I've played a course from my followed tab only to run into it next in endless.

claiming e for minihilly
when's the deadline?

Its worse than you can imagine. I need to beat every single section in a row, 3 separate times.

>blind jumps with enemies on small platforms
>le HILARIOUS streamer levels
>10 second speedruns
>japanese levels where you’re just dropped from the ceiling and expected to know to land on a pipe to the right
>levels where is just 20 hammer bros in a row stacked on top of each other

Fuck endless

Probably tonight or the next night. I just want to make sure all spots are claimed before declaring a deadline

Alright then I’ll claim B then. Mondo

I once played my own level during co-op, but this was on launch day so no surprise

Spin Jump Scramble - 4CV T84 D2G

Spin jump based level with an optional Celeste style section towards the end (hey i tried). Should be fairly simple for those familiar with spin jump mechanics.

Attached: 452221-celeste-xbox-one-front-cover.jpg (720x1080, 131K)

this is rly cheeesable but funny as fuck

Relinking to the main post so people will be aware. All that is left is d

Why is endless filled with boss fights, pick a door and ugly ass gimmick stages? It's supposed to be Mario maker, not Shit maker. Where are all the real mario levels?

In Expert

Does the game tell you how many boos your level has gotten? I don't make levels I just play them.

no it doesn't

but matured-chan said it was all gone?!

I'm actually working on a sequel to this one, also rolling themed but now with blinking blocks/conveyor belts instead of enemies.

>Mineshaft Roll Fest
FL5-DTQ-54G

Attached: FL5-DTQ-54G.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

Can i use a reset pipe? Surely the subworld can spare 4 extra squares. I have a small elegant puzzle almost finished and it absolutely requires that the room can be refreshed by entering something that isn't the entrance.

made a snow level where you use the hammer ability to break through the ice and there are a bunch of rats on the way
havent seen much of the hammer ability in other levels so i wanted to make a level with it
pretty cool
ID: LL8-S8C-MJG

Attached: 1561934505479.jpg (978x1022, 244K)

Actually, i really need a door. Could i replace the door by having the player travel through two consecutive pipes?

If you are using the pipe as an enterance, I'll let you have one(1) reset door.

Any girls here play my levl

Wet Woods: LBV-FHQ-DTF
Putting falling icicles at the top of the world gives a cool raining effect so I made a level out of it. It's a traditional SMW forest level, pretty easy, but I think the rain looks cool.

Well, i'm done with the segment anyways. I'll just upload it and then you can decide if you want to use it.

nerds

dork

Here's my segment:
JC7-KJD-6HF
It should be impossible to take a powerup out of the room.
If you decide to use this, a good way to optimize assets would be to have the exit pipe drop the player next to one of the exit pipes in the subworld rooms.

10/10 joke

I forgot that you can't edit downloaded courses in MM2.
There's an off-screen contraption like this:
Bomb next to a switch.
Empty square above the bomb.
Muncher overlapping with a blue block above the empty square.

anyone making a speedrun level and setting it to sub 30 seconds should be executed

>wanting to speedrun for more than 30 seconds
>speedruns never give you checkpoints
bruh

Yeah I wish they made 5 minute long speedruns instead

Attached: 1560429135668.gif (320x367, 2.4M)

theres still a slot left in the collab right?

22P-PS6-WJF
This level is peak super expert.

Alright, I tried to make this easy for you. As much as I can at least. Segment C.
Here's a stitched image of it.
And here's a level code, I uploaded it too: J9S-6VJ-BBG

What the image doesn't show is some sound effects but it's really just the ones at the top when you fall down and the one laughter on the on switch. That's it. I think I am below the limit, but if there's any issues feel free to edit as you see fit of course. Abbreviated my name a bit too because I didn't have the room.
Oh and obviously ignore the start and finish and beginning pipe, it's just so you can actually finish this level.

Now I need to make some food. Eagerly awaiting the finished result, thank you for all the effort.

Attached: moleymcmole.jpg (1280x1112, 744K)

>forced damage boosts
>have to backtrack trough half of the level if you lose the builder suit
>that pick a pipe part at the end
What the hell dude.

Oh no, this screenshot was before I put the coins in. I'm an idiot, sorry. They're about here.

Attached: asdasdasd.jpg (607x511, 203K)

>>forced damage boosts
where?
>>have to backtrack trough half of the level if you lose the builder suit
there are a lot of checkpoints though
the ending is just silly yeah lol

Don't worry, I figured that much out. I have recreated it. Thanks for the submission! I'll add your name into it

If no one else has taken it, I'll claim d. Give me some time.

>A Day in Bikini Bottom
8HW-3KQ-D6G

When that collab level is out, give it a nice description and everyone gives it a like instantly, maybe it can shoot on top of the hot courses list, would be neato

That 1 tile gap that has the spiked mice in them.

Got it, that's the last one.

ah you can go back and get a turtle from the pipe which was the idea but i get you

Attached: 1533980202807.jpg (1237x1022, 505K)

Bowser Break-In: GQ1-17F-QWF
A lot of the level is based off of the Dry Bones Shell's mechanics. I definitely wouldn't say it's easy but it really isn't the hardest. I'd like to know a few of the ways I can improve it

Attached: 5367e73.jpg (616x346, 147K)

how the FUCK do I get people to play my levels? Most of my stuff doesn't get past 15-20 plays.
>inb4 lol just make something fun

Shill harder.

Adding a red version of the contraption to the main hub would be a good idea. It would be a very elegant way to block all on/off cheese.

What about this is supposed to be hard?

well I don't personally find it hard but I'm bad a judging difficulty so I wanted to check

true you really just have to shill as hard as you can
give me one of your levels and i will play it later

milly you are addicted to riding chomps on spikes
I've seen it in like 5 of your levels hue

Its just so satisfying and I thought it would be appropriate :P

I made a 20 sec speedrun for the first time. Shouldn't be too difficult, thwomps hit on / off switches so you jump between 3 levels of platforms while running. Would really like feedback.

And just a tip, if you have to drop down a level, don't jump, just fall, keep running.

43X-VYK-RJF

be around when i get home from work and ask people for their levels with low plays

Yeah it's cool don't take it wrong, just thought to mention that I've noticed you loving that

Have you saved everything you need from ?

I'm at my real job currently. The image should suffice, whether I download the level or not, I can't edit or copy it.

Oh sure, no rush, just wanted to make sure you got it.

Wrong code?

Man, some times I wish you could save contraptions and quickly reuse them in your levels. Like stuff to automatically activate a P-switch or an On/Off switch etc. It's kind of tedious to recreate the same thing every time.
Oh well.

What if the game had some built-in "workshop" of sorts where people can share re-usable contraptions they make

I'm making a speedrun level with a 100s timer and checkpoints

Attached: try me.jpg (480x480, 45K)

Sounds horrible, don't release shit like that or you'll be like all the other 10 year olds who think it is cool.

The ending is a bit weird. Most people are going to die there just because they guessed wrong on what the thwomp is gonna do.

>Like stuff to automatically activate a P-switch or an On/Off switch etc
this takes like a literal second to do. are you actually learning how to do this stuff or just copying some youtuber?

Same, especially if you need one in the subworld and the main world. There should be a little "saved groups" tab.

Please beware of creator bias.
Just because the parts you put into your level make sense to you in combination doesn't mean everyone is going to think the same way.
In fact, most people wont.

If watching streamers play my levels has taught me anything, it's that people will do things you never in your life would have dreamed of. Completely unreasonable, unthinkable and often stupid things.

>this takes like a literal second to do
That's the point, dummy. It's tedious. Especially when you already know how it works it's just boring.

There was a guy that skipped 2/3 of my stage by respawning a jumping cheep cheep, making it go right instead of left and then doing a max hight jump right to the end.
I was laughing my ass off to that.

How is something that takes 1 second tedious? And apparently you don't know how it works if you are doing it the same way every time and using the same shit over and over.

Attached: 1352176811921.png (1023x815, 207K)

It can add up.
I bought SMM2 digitally not only because of how comfy it is to be able to hop in and out, but the internal storage of the Switch loads just a tad faster than SDcard or physical cart. If I save a tiny bit of time every single time I load a level, that's gonna be a lot of time over the months.

>you don't know how it works if you are doing it the same way every time and using the same shit over and over.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

if its repetitive
>checking 100000 lottery tickets isn't tedious because doing one is quick and easy
not on the same level obviously but still

Sometimes I get this urge to make a level that no one will ever clear
But then I think it's not worth losing thousands of maker points over.

I hate how delusional all the streamers are. Giving them a course to play is my reason for coming to them. Yet they expect you to hang around all day afterwards watching babbbys first level being played by all the shitters.

i would do this but i dont want the level to be immediately deleted

D is done! Thanks for letting me be a part of this awesome collaboration you guys!!

Attached: Sonicfan69 collab submitton.jpg (1280x720, 274K)

"wizard bowser casts fetus deletus"

Eh I've seen so many streams now, there's all kinds of people.
I'd say the average guy is fine with you adding your level to the queue so long as you don't immediately fuck off again, which I'm fine with.

Then you have the super popular ones who either straight up take money to play levels or their queue is like 300 levels and they just do !random each time.

desu my favorite is sorting by low viewers or recently started, makes it more likely for you to get your turn

how pathetic do you have to be to spend time shilling your levels to a streamer, multiple streamers for that matter

>just run right for 5 seconds to beat it
???

is your ID actually sonicfan69?

It's how you get your level popular, or at least it can help a lot.
Don't blame the people for doing it, blame the system.
That's way more enemies than alotted too

Bowser's Birth Broblem

put in an endless fire flower pipe instead of a star and its good to go

If you were just joking I have an actual section D i could submit...

Actual D. :^)

Attached: hello.jpg (1280x720, 299K)

>It's how you get your level popular
Is there a single person here with a maker score over 5k that shills to streamers? I certainly don't.

Attached: rly big think.gif (498x393, 1.11M)

Marvelous

i get it but throwing a turtle shell at a line of enemies is the most basic mario trick next to jumping on them

Yep, I do. I've actually found a couple chill streamers by now who aren't annoying, who are good at the game and persistent enough to try and beat even harder ones. It's fun to see other people play your stage. First time I liked Twitch for anything.

Whats in the red blaster?

Hey anons, this one is my first MM level (second if you consider this is the updated version)
If anyone could play it and give me criticism I’d be thankful! I’ll also play levels from this thread when I get back home

Attached: 467F3D72-5BDE-4C08-8303-1DEBFB34AE5C.jpg (2242x2242, 1.21M)

a horizontal spring

there are some streamers that are literal lolcows and just begging to be milked.

Attached: pls no bully he might cry.png (289x272, 185K)

I think I'm gunna have to back out, the idea I had isn't very fun so I'm scrapping what I have. I don't think I'll have time to make another, so consider e unclaimed. Sorry.

Who here wants me to play their level and give it a handmade drawn comment if I like it?

I'm no artist but I try.

Really good visuals and the challenges were all well thought out. I liked the stuff before the "bossfight" but was confused there - there was so much going on I couldn't figure out what spots were safe/tempo to temporarily avoid damage and just kept getting killed. Might need training for that prior, or just simplification.

Prior to that was really enjoying it. 2 nitpicks though: First the starting challenge felt unnecessarily difficult/tight to make it and I sunk a few lives there - maybe shorten that fire bar or raise the ceiling of the tunnel you are jumping into. Second, the "jet engines" that get buried under the lava are hidden and feel a little out of left field/unfair. I think would be fine just nixing them. Sorry if that sounds negative, overall a really good course, I just think you need to do a pass to make it more forgiving!

I made this shit drawing to promote my level , the code is the old one in the drawing though

Attached: A2616FCD-9C92-4866-AA87-93B081DCB50C.jpg (3082x2928, 1.95M)

I shall be giving it a try!

Any recommendations? I don't want to have to join a gay discord or Patreon or anything... all the ones I see either have a billion requests already or are obnoxious shits

>tfw want to shill my level to streamers but too afraid that they'll either find it shit or outright skip it

Attached: 031745192280.jpg (461x523, 89K)

About halfway through a new level. It's going really well, so I fear that it's actually trash.

I have nine stages. Here are three:

Soles of the Departed
C80-VJX-WJG
The first of a trilogy with goomba shoes in perilous situations.

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Airship night level with bombs and a (hopefully) fun albeit fairly easy Bowser fight.

Desert Station Infiltration
NM8-80Q-LTG
Intruder alert! Fight to survive! Can you take down the mothership?

Just completed your part and wow, what a section. I added some arrows to the icicle part, to hopefully make it a little more clear to what's going on. Anyway, thanks for your work, I seriously can't wait to replay that 3 times.

Please play my new levels. They are a little hard, but I hope you guys like it!

>Red-Hot Castle Rush
LJ1-75M-Y7G

>Perfect Luigi Blossom
NWX-G9Y-FSF

Attached: 18027376_p0.jpg (1800x1350, 2.15M)

Do you want a free idea? I've already made a segment and i have a pretty cool, easy to execute idea.

New level, put lots of effort into this one. Feedback appreciated, and I always check out the levels of people who play mine.

Attached: 20190729_145024.jpg (1280x720, 674K)

MrMightyMouse_ is chill and would give you honest feedback

If they find it shit then you'll at least know what to fix.

>give a streamer my level to play
>it's a reasonable difficulty for what i've seen them play in the past
>they tell me the level is shit and time me out
wtf

Haha, already back from work?
Sure. edit it as you see fit or need to, hope you and people will enjoy it

tfw tried coop for the first time
holy shit this is a clusterfuck. i killed some toad by accident because I didn't know the shell would kill him and he got mad and spammed "Good work!" and then he started chasing me and knocking me off into shit

Don't worry about it, I have more ideas for collabs that are probably easier in the future, just keep an eye out for the next one
E is open again, if anyone wants to claim it
Honestly, this is a troll but I'm tempted as hell to include it. It is directly in violation of the rules so sorry bud, I can't. I'd hit the enemy limit immediately.
Looks good man, I'll work on this one next.

Can someone please play some of my levels, they aren't very good but I'm very much open to advice!

Unsalted Butter
75J-QXG-RHG

Mini Kaizo
2Y7-15T-FKG

Babies have lungs
SS7-W40-NSF

To space and back (my first level)
N0L-DK1-BDF

A Nice Relaxing Ride
G9V-74K-BDG

Thank you in advance!

Attached: 1557426419809.gif (540x304, 1.54M)

woopsy

Attached: sdf.png (629x572, 232K)

>give trihex my level for $20
>plays it for 10 minutes
>says the zen doesn't flow and the geometric extrapolation is off
>plays rap music half way through playing it
>doesnt beat it and gives it a boo

>>give trihex my level for $20
What the fuck man

>Unsalted Butter
>75J-QXG-RHG
Where am I supposed to go at the Bowser part?

cool

Attached: 1545315531769.gif (256x512, 137K)

What's generally considered the best/easiest template to make a good level?
And are there any guides/videos on how to make a decent level?

Attached: 1448385486052.gif (450x253, 1.75M)

>get home from work with my 100 dollars in hand
>sit down and give my favorite streamer half of his cut and put the level code in the donation
>he doesn't even see the donation because he's so focused on beating a part
>donate him the other 50 and mention that he missed my donation
>he tries it for 5 minutes and gets stuck on the first part with magikoopas
>he stops playing it
>people in chat telling me my level sucks
bros...

Thank you! I see what you mean about the beginning part, and as for the Jet part, there was originally 2 sets on the top and bottom, like the ones ahead, I got rid of the top ones because I didn't think people would really hit them and I didn't remove the bottom ones.

As for the boss room, I did think I was making it a bit too complicated which is why I tried to make most of the firebars strike at the same time, but I added the grinders after so most of that sync was absent for them. I'll try to work on simplifying my bosses in future levels.
Thanks for the criticism!

ceave's guide is good

neat level

Section A done. The lower right question block is a mushroom, the other is a degrading fireflower. Invis block contains a 1 up (remove if you don't want secrets, same with 30 coin). Its not as hard as it looks I don't think. If the first bit is too hard remove the floating spike and its vine. As for sounds there is "Drama" on the entry door.

Attached: collab.png (1280x1124, 2.96M)

I've already made a segment, but if no one steps up i can do a second one if need be.

have any of you guys made/seen a good level with the piranha plants that retract when they're hit? I've seen a few levels with them but they're just kind of gimmicky

don't tell him

I've never seen a good 3DW level so no.

A couple of new courses. Easy ones, but hopefully ones that feel good to play. Ones that are reminiscent of regular stages.

Flatland Flights. A pretty standard stage with a few secrets.
LBN-DGC-RJF

Combustible Chill Chambers. A bob-omb oriented stage. Lots of slippery surfaces.
VQD-QB5-RMG

As always, be sure to tell me why I should just quit now and never make a stage again.

Attached: 1563403989323.jpg (1280x720, 238K)

Wall Jumping at Fort Block A Lot - X9T-NDQ-4VF
Title is self explanatory, it's a level with an emphasis on wall jumping. It doesn't require much precision.

Hey man sorry, something came up there. I played your level, it was pretty fun and well made, fair checkpoints too. Not the usual kind of boo ghost house for once, nice!

Like I said, I'm not that great, but I hope you like your Dry Bones drawing anyway!

Attached: dry.jpg (320x181, 39K)

fuck you the last coin in first section is totally unfair

I'll start working on this in a bit.
Jesus, this was hard to remake. So many little decorations everywhere. It came out beautifully though, thank you for your submission.
If the thread 404s without an e, then when i post again let me know, and it's all yours

E IS STILL OPEN FOR THE COLLAB

Attached: 0729191459_HDR.jpg (4160x2340, 2.47M)

I'm glad unsalted butter was short. That Bowser encounter was a neat idea, but the lack of safe places to stand and the fire spam could get really annoying really quick.

Nah keep it coming instead, played Combustible and it was really neat

>Jesus, this was hard to remake. So many little decorations everywhere.
Sorry, I went a little overboard. The corners looked kind of plain without them.
By the way, what's your maker ID? I want to make sure I'm following you.

How can you be this thinskinned while posting on Yea Forums?

Hey man I really enjoyed that. Did it first try actually because you did a good job at letting people see what comes next, no leaps of faith or anything. That was a lot of fun dude, well done.

That was quite enjoyable.

tfw my section will look out of place with minimal decorations compared to the others

How do you zoom out further to see 3 sections high?

Its nice to have varying styles in a collab level

I'm just never really good at decorating, I've realized as much by now. Many people here make absolutely beautiful levels while mine always look a bit barebones in comparison. Oh well.

take two or three screenshots and stitch them together

Don't worry Zank, I love you for who you are

>Soles of the Departed
I already played this one, but forgot to like it. Beat it again and liked it this time. Good stuff.

Remember to implement a safety coin into the level.

Tonu
XBQ-THY-9WG
Also don't worry about it man, I wouldn't want you to hold back just because it's slightly harder to copy paste your actual hard work.

Pretty sure he had one in the first collab level he made ( XFY-909-57G ) so don't worry

You really hit it out of the ballpark with your Tanooki Baseball level eh
You sly devil you
It IS a really cool idea though

Already done ;^)

has e still not been reclaimed?
I guess I'll try something new for it if nobody else is going to claim it

Alright, thanks! That'll be the last one we need. I look forward to your submission!

Go for it.

833-SL9-FJG
A short, simple level focused on riding thwomps to travel through the stage.

OK, I need some real constructive criticism here.
This first one is a revision of my worst SMB 3 traditional level. It was way too difficult before and I made it a lot easier, but I am not sure if I went to easy now or if it is still too hard so input on this is appreciated. I think the main problem with it is that I embraced a bad theme.
O6P-NYW-4VF
This next level is an autoscroll airship level. It was supposed to be the end to my first SMB 3 world and while I don't think it is bad, I think you can tell autoscroll/airship levels aren't my specialty or anything. Input is again appreciated.
B2X-H93-6LG

Yeah you think you were clever, huh. Trying to crush me with off screen Thwomps. Think again kiddo, just completed your stage.

cool. thanks for giving it a try.

Thank god for checkpoints, or I'd never beat this stage.

>O6P-NYW-4VF
No course found

Posting my most recent levels

>Journey through Twilight Tundra: LVL-K12-9LF
Super standard, probably a bit too easy, speedrunnable. Has optional red coins. say hi to the snowman

>Bully Trapping in the Icy Mines: 625-3TC-SQG
Super gimmicky puzzle level based around "escorting" (pushing) Bullies into P-switches to progress. Any suggestions for this to make things feel better would be appreciated. I want to try and make this a bit better or make a better version of it but I'm not sure how.

The winged ice block is the only part I really found hard. Not the creator btw.

Crap, it was Q6P-NYW-4VF I mixed up Q and O.

see

ez
Only the first blue platform segment got me for a little bit
That was really fun though. Non-lethal challenges.

Ay, good pun. I didn't want this much attention. I'm already getting "too hard" comments on my latest level, and it should be pretty easy. I enjoy making challenging levels the most, so hopefully I'm not stalked by children expecting easy gimmick stuff all the time.

It's over. You'll forever be doomed to making easy or normal stages now.
Also are you gonna wear your wedding dress? I see you got a spiky bronze medal, wow!

Some of you guys have more likes than I have plays. I need to learn your secrets.

just make good levels bro

Don't have much time today. But will play some levels. Have a good day guys.

Attached: MarioMaker22.png (1284x646, 28K)

Make a 1-1 carbon copy but then edit it slightly by adding 1-2 goombas somewhere.

Don't worry, it's still just as fun to play as anyone else's. Plus, the minimalism is a nice contrast from the other designs.

make 1-1 but add bowser and firebars to the end lol

B is done, I cut them together so it should be pretty straightforward. Can't wait to play it when its done man!

Attached: V Collab Mondo.png (1280x1106, 2.01M)

Define "good"

D-do I look p-pretty?

Attached: ..jpg (645x720, 128K)

We gotta push the finished level hard and get Yea Forums on top of the popular section
that'll teach them redditors

I am jealous as hell.

oh lord, that's not what I expected it to look like

Try to imitate this level
JW7-5D4-6KF

The airship level is really well made, actually. I enjoyed it a lot. Bouncy Castle was an okay idea that in practice is kind of meh to me. Probably just needs some retooling.

Stop playing the test level, it'll be deleted

Oh, before i forget, the on/off blocks at the very top by the 50 coin both have bonus room notes on them so itll play the bonus theme when the koopa bounces between them. Also all the big coins have applause.

This one basically applies to them all: youtube.com/watch?v=hpaUoHu9k54

I've seen other people state it differently but basically it always boils down to:
1: Pick a theme (1 enemy, 1 gadget) and stick to just those unless you can justify to yourself they are truly necessary
2: Have an initial safe/low risk of death challenge to introduce the theme
3: Have a couple more dangerous challenges with variations on the theme
4: Include some breathing space between challenges with coins/power ups

And my #5 is to keep it short. Many of the best/most memorable courses take 1-2 minutes. They're great because they don't have bloat repeating the same challenge multiple times or have a boring boss fights.

Thanks mondo! Your section looks great man! We are just waiting on e, and when i get off my job I'll finish reconstructing everything and upload it.

no

no prob, stoked to play the full thing. this was meant for you btw Those are the only SFX i used, and the ? blocks are all multicoin blocks

V4P-5FC-Y0H
Please try my other levels as well!

Attached: 1554656350783.jpg (2250x3000, 474K)

Here are some tips for making good levels

>to make the player feel at home, make a 1-1 level but edit it slightly
>to give the player some sense of urgency, start it off by having a thwomp come down right at the beginning unless people move instantly
>players like some light puzzle elements, so incorporate a few doors and make players guess which one leads to the right path (the others will kill the player, punishment is necessary too - there must be a balance between good and bad!)
>levels aren't complete without a boss fight, however you don't want it to be TOO challenging, so say you put 2 bowsers there and both drop keys which you need to reach the flagpole, make sure to give the player never ending fire flower powerups through a pipe or something so they can keep going

Lastly, if you want to round it off, add a lot of sound effects to make the level funny

First stage was one of the best I've played yet. Going to try all your others.

Try to get the world record on Parasite Park!

Thanks for playing it. I am glad you like the airship level, and I will definitely be working on the bouncy castle idea more.

>single-tile ice blocks
>monty moles
>WINGED monty moles
>no mushroom in sight

Attached: 1563775590294.jpg (500x477, 257K)

How does it run on yuzu?

Get mole'd on

MPK-2KR-82H - Kinda forgot about the theme halfway through this one and just ended up making an item based level.
KJ1-921-WGF - Thwomp Spin practice, simple as that.

MARIO VS THE IRS: 8RT-X9P-Y7G

CAN YOU HELP MARIO ESCAPE THE FEDERAL RESERVE?

Attached: IMG_20190718_005708_486.jpg (500x652, 18K)

Take lessons from

nice maker name
Neat little stage too, not very difficult but fun

Attached: s.jpg (450x450, 103K)

669-V0F-DYG
Beat this

Tanooki baseball guy liked my level lol. Feels pretty good.

>he's up to a spiked silver medal now
Can he do it?
Can he get the ultimate spiked gold medal?

Is there an in depth guide to speed? I can't tell when it's faster to slide. It feels like some styles slide quicker than others.
I want to make a slide level but I don't understand the physics enough.

>Tanooki baseball guy
I've frequented these threads since day 1.

Attached: 1479948973900.jpg (228x217, 10K)

Could be worse you could be pegged as the leader of a hidden society instead

Mushrooms are for pussies

thank you!

touché

At least people even acknowledge your existence after playing countless levels and giving endless detailed reviews (most of which aren't even replied to).

Attached: miimiii.png (219x163, 34K)

literally who

Who here are the famous guys that everyone seems to know then? Because I only know of like 3 people...

you mean famous in thread or in general?

both?

tanooki baseball guy :^)

YOUR KIDS are playing Mario Maker Levels made by PEDOPHILES -every MSM outlet

#1 YATTA

congrats

>Bowser's Castle
NMS-QRS-L5G
Arena style level, beating a level without taking damage rewards you

I'm glad I unlocked it, but I like the robo suit too much to change.

Attached: 1541537705064.gif (100x100, 23K)

based. the crown and gown are gaudy as fuck and only tasteless plebs wear them.

How often do you plan out a stage using notes/graphpaper or something?

Well, FTR, I think its pretty cool a popular maker has been on maker Yea Forums threads.

never

I have a hard time believing that anyone would have fun with this level.

I used graph paper for random ideas in the past. It can be very useful.

What the actual fuck is up with the Japanese levels? Does anyone have an explanation?

Out of the Woods
VQ2-Y83-G5G
A level a bit collectathon-y, and it's a remake from one level of Wario Land 3
(Boo)zzsaws
Q29-F8F-GSG
A SMB3 ghost house level themed around Boos and Grinders coupled with precise platforming
Tell me what you think about them

are the servers down

Do you actually rearrange block decorations? Or do you simply delete them/leave them be?

Attached: 1563185136040.jpg (540x540, 28K)

>(Boo)zzsaws
>Q29-F8F-GSG
Some checkpoints would be nice.

was just about to ask, seems like it

Same. I don't even enjoy making these levels

Who has the coolest mii here?

I rearrange the ones that go on top of blocks, but the ones inside blocks (like in NSMB themes) are so subtle that I don't bother with them.

Zankioh

silent

weeby as fuck

robot man or anime wizard

Anybody having issues loading up anything at all online? I’m worried it’s just me and got banned for nothing or something.

Attached: F75EC65F-641A-4F2F-8903-C383045A8EB0.jpg (289x260, 6K)

A few have already noted that the servers seem to be down. Relax.

the boos in 3DW are really cute when they cower

better late than never I guess: section e finally done. If the top section is too difficult feel free to make it a little easier.

>Uploading files from your IP range has been blocked
why the fuck?
imgur.com/FyDhVO1

Oh, my bad then. I was worried because the message I got said the servers were operating normally so I figured I might’ve gotten blocked out for whatever reason.

What’s going on, help, my wife’s son can’t play online for some reason and he wants to try my wifes’ boyfriends’ cool new level

VPN?

I shouldn't have to use a VPN
why is there even a rangeban in the first place?
I highly doubt it's targeted at me specifically.

Thank you user!!

no, I meant to ask if you were using one, since my range is always blocked whenever I have mine active. I guess you're not using one, you're just unlucky.

clips.twitch.tv/HomelyCoweringNewtCeilingCat

Why do streamers always find the most ridiculous way to solve problems? First jumping where he shouldn't so he sees the secret area from the wrong way. Going and spawning an enemy that bounces towards that area for 30 sec, making a leap of faith and making it over - never finding the intended way that takes 5 sec and instead spending 20 attempts at this...

not using one. Even after rebooting my router to renew my IP address it's still rangebanned. It's been like this for about a week already. Is there any particular reason a bunch of IP addresses in the UK would get rangebanned?

cringey as fuck streamer

Hey, thanks! It looks great!
This is the final entry, I'm gonna start reassembling everything as soon as I get home from work. I'd like to thank all the creators who have submitted, awesome work guys. I just have 3 levels left to do, then I'll work on uploading it.

There might be a shitposter on your ip-range who wouldn't stop shitposting.

do rangebans expire eventually or am I just fucked?

From my experience, they're usually for 3 days or a week.

it's been nearly a week I think, just hope it ends soon as I didn't do anything

No idea.
A friend of mine had one them and it lasted for a month or so.

I hate kids on SMM. I hope all kids fucking die. I hate that some fag couple of parents allow their gay 8 year old shit to go on SMM and play my levels, suck at my levels, then shitrate my levels. I hope All the SMM kiddies fall off a fucking waterfall in front of their dumbfuck parents.

is MM down for anyone else? I get connection error when trying to go online

>implying that money was yours
>implying it wasn't mommy's money

fuck you kid, fall off a waterfall

How much better is this game than new super Mario Bros. U for switch? I don't think I'm really interested in making my own levels and I'm just a casual player

Level quality is inconsistent. You can definitely enjoy it without making stages, but if you're a casual player, NSMBU might be a better option.

I already have it and I'm probably not even halfway thru the original game after a few months. Haven't even touched the "Luigi" version. Guess I'll pass on smm2. Seems like a cool game though

People send streamers dumb shit constantly, I can see how that looks intended because I play more than just baby levels.

4VP-CLG-XQF - Castle Switchers
>A tricky castle level. My first attempt at a more challenging level. So far has like a 17% success rate.

3DQ-K5M-PMG - Boot in the Spiky Skies
>A neat little sky themed level where the key to survival is staying in the boot.

4KS-TCH-V0H - Pretty Simple
>First level I ever made. Not too tricky, but also not very long because I literally had no idea what I was doing.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 32K)

It's really hard for me to make traditional levels. They seem really boring so I keep adding stuff and suddenly it's kaizo. Maybe I'll just make a speedrun

MM2 certainly has a higher "excitement factor" I'd argue. You'll see a lot of unique stuff you'd never find in a normal Mario platformer, both great and shit stuff. Basically the highs are far higher though the lows are far lower.
NSMBU is very tame in comparison, though not a bad game by any means, it's far more by the numbers and doesn't try anything super interesting in my opinion.

nothing about kaizo levels are similar to actual mario games, idk how that could happen

I may give it a try if I ever finish nsmbu. Guessing it won't be discounted though, ever

go play the luigi mode, its harder. really though, the game is like 10 hours long to 100%, 2 hours if you don't, i dont know how you could not have made any progress unless you really hate 2D platformers.

how does the infinite checkpoint work, exactly?

Anyone else having trouble connecting

>connecting just fine
>literally going through everyones level here and mass booing

Servers are down for maintenance. Everything is affected.

lel, top kek m8 ur so hardcore

Attached: neat.jpg (500x491, 28K)

Collab user here, Its just two checkpoints back to back on the other side of pipes. You can go back and forth and infinitely collect checkpoints. It's incredibly useful for red coin levels, as at any time you can save your red coin progress on the checkpoint.

bullshit, server's are down
nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

Based.

I'm using the time to hunt down 3D-lets

If they were to add anything in this maintenance what would you want?

Ah. It's just telling me that the Switch is "having trouble communicating with server" not that there's maintenance, but I'm glad it's just maintenance.

says "emergency maintenance", which is usually codeword for 'something went wrong but we don't want to admit it'

I was worried I got banned for posting earlier