The game has a skill-tree

>The game has a skill-tree

Attached: 1563096036784.png (909x858, 627K)

fpbp

>game has a skill tree
>not a bunch of varied, interesting choices distanced based on how generally powerful they are
>instead, obvious sets of skill and 'this buffs the skill' next to each other straight to the end

Post games with good skill trees

Ragnarok

>You automatically get a new skill every time you level up your proficiency with the weapon or magic type you're using

Attached: 1460815730047.jpg (900x900, 85K)

wow

>game has skill trees
>game has skill requiring activation
>game has limited skill slot/hotkeys
>end up wasting precious skill point on early skills that benefit in no way late game skills

Attached: 1552674616060.jpg (1890x1417, 161K)

>game has multiple skill lists that aren't connected

Attached: 1510187233638.jpg (345x345, 25K)

Diablo 2

>tfw maid dragon won't have a season 2 at all now

Probably the worst offender of all. Fuck that gay ass skill system.

FFX

There is literally nothing wrong with skill trees

>skill "tree"
>99% of "skills" are passives

Attached: 1564030614394.jpg (267x406, 39K)

I need more games that you level up skills by using them rather than just randomly allocating points.

If those are good... Then OP is right

Attached: dogphone.jpg (1024x1024, 122K)

Better than having active skills you never use.

Diablo 2 has the best skill tree, though

Attached: 1562926445811.jpg (337x367, 23K)

Prove it, nigger.

I want a game where I can spend all my points on passives

good

The Last Remnant

Spider-Man (PS4)

path of exile

Fuck no, "learn by doing" almost never works.
Examples of it failing:
>Elder Scrolls
>Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
>Rage of Mages
>Majesty

It only really works in colony management games where most skills aren't combat.

But I like it.

everything you like is SHIT

*jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump* *jump*

No, you don't.
You just don't realize that it only leads to mindless grind.
One day the inevitable feeling of
>I'm not actually having fun, I want to skip this part
will come and never leave

Attached: 1549089678281.png (1500x1500, 39K)

It doesn't have to be something so devoid of creativity.
But I actually like it.

What about Tree of Savior's convoluded mess?

PoE?

xenoblade chronicles

Attached: 1564181694797.jpg (500x318, 75K)

It does have to be like he said it, though.
Dungeon Craft Stone Soup actually tried multiple variants of this, like xp-limited learning by doing.
It ended up just forcing the players to do victory dances after combat to level up the desired skill.

I want a GOOD game where I can spend all my points on passives

PoE

>doing victory dances after combat
And this is bad to you?

I fucking love RO's skill tree, by far my favorite in any game.
Is there anything like it in an offline game?

dont remind me that, user..

You probably refer to the class tree, which has like 80+ classes, and not the skill tree.

Attached: ad9b227b4caa0c1770eb1b668cee3763.jpg (692x518, 122K)

>having to repeat a set of tedious actions to properly level up
>not bad

PoE?

>game is gay anime shit
>game is predominantly multiplayer focused, advertised as an action game and plays like an ASSFAGGOTS
>Yea Forums loves the game at release (because it's easy)
>game is for normalfags (lookin at you witcher fans)
>game has no sense of humor whatsoever (every gears game after 2)
>game is a 'modern update' on a franchise less than 20 years old (God of War)
>Game is not a Worms game

>Level up
>Choose your stats
>Well I killed a bunch of people with my axe I'mma put my points into computers
So much fun.

no

they cancelled it? seemed pretty popular

Why?

Pure learn by doing:
>I want to level up axes
>find a big, slow monster
>hit it with weak axe and backstep
>repeat for gorillion

Learn by doing with xp:
>I want to level up computers
>kill big monster
>victory dance on portable iDildo afterwards

It never works.
Suggest how you think it might work and I'll tell you how it would actually work.

KyoAni were the ones doing season 1

deens

Attached: 1562775577971.png (361x368, 113K)

What’s your opinion on purposefully bad skill tree skills in order to balance out unlocking good ones later on in the tree?

not only that, 2 fucking VA died including the VA for Kanna

just get more voice actor?

Take "Learn by doing with XP" but have the XP simply as a ressource to use with people who can train you in whatever skills they know? Has a game done something like that before?

The first Fable was a bit like that

It's just fun man.
The other alternative of gaining xp and just putting it into random bullshit isn't fun to me as literally every other fucking game does this.

ToS has pretty linear skill trees as far as I saw. Hit level milestone for class, get skill, level it up more as you level the class.

That's just a more tedious way of only letting you level up during rest/overmap. And this has been done in a bunch of games.
Having to actually go to the trainer would be just a walking simulator element, nothing that could make the game better.

Dying Light had a fun skill tree. Every skill end up being used. Lots of active skills but they are not hotkeys and expands on the default moveset.

Oh did they drop that after the first Fable? I liked that and never got around to play the subsequent games.

salt and sanctuary

I think the second one still had it, did not play it as much as the first. Third one is shit.

>Later parts of the skill tree are blocked off until you hit a certain level, so you're either just sitting on skill points until then or spending them on shit you don't really want.

Attached: 1442367136284.png (200x200, 33K)

Kyoto Animation's studio was set on fire, and a couple people died.

Attached: 1559178790822.gif (560x420, 175K)

>a couple
A lot of people died. It's a tragedy.

I thought that was dishonorabu to japs

You still have a selection of 6-10 skills per class.

You can get attributes that strengthen your skills and attributes that give them special effects.

There's also and update with skill transformation attributes coming like the Diablio 3 skill runes.

So, there's some variety.

Not that user, but how about this:
You have different skill trees fo different types of skills like in Skyrim. For example we have Archery and Swordmastery. You can level up your Archery by shooting from a bow. When you get a level on that skill you get a point to allocate in that particular skill tree and nowhere else. You cannot put that point into Swordmastery. But you also have your main character level. You get xp for that from doing quests or just progressing the story. That eliminates possibility of grinding and gives a limit to the level. When your character levels up you get a point that you can put in any skill tree.

Haven't kept up with it. Last article I read said something like, 3-4 confirmed dead.
Donated $25 to their GoFundMe page. I wish them the best of luck going foward.

>3-4 confirmed dead.
35. Most of the important people as well.

Path of exile, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Rift.

35 dead, 34 injured

Not sure which version you mean, so I'll point out major problems in both:

Assuming that character xp limits your skill xp:
You'd have to avoid leveling skills you won't use in the future. You could cripple self by learning daggers if you only want to use swords in the end, meaning you choose your build from the very start.

Assuming skill xp is detached from character xp completely:
Skill xp grinding is in no way prevented. You can't grind character xp, but you can grind skills.
If the difficulty was high, you'd end up having to level the individual skills above their expected character level equivalent.

S2 was already unlikely to be made by kyoani, niggers.
>including the VA for Kanna
Horseshit.

Guess Im throwing another 25 at them. Jesus.

Money won't bring back the dead, user.

>Game has a skill tree
>it's actually a spreadsheet

Despite being only 0.1 of the population train enthusiasts commit 100% of the mass killings.

Runescape. Skills spin off each other without a defined tree structure.

Among the people that died at Kyoani were the Aniamtion director and character superviser from Dragon MAid.

Better than having to go through a tree which is unrelated to what you want to accomplish later.

I like PoE's skill tree. It's decently complex, without being overwhelming. Good overview of the character at a glance. But the depth of the character you build has more to do with your active skill gems and their supports combined with your gear and its potential unique modifiers combined with the skill tree.

But that said I enjoy theorycrafting builds more than I enjoy playing the game.

Attached: 1317253722489.jpg (378x363, 29K)

god i love this sort of shit

cross-code

Good. That pedophile will burn in hell

Attached: lesbian fight.webm (852x480, 2.92M)

Why do redditors love kyoani so much?

Rouge Legacy.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

you are like baby to me

Attached: sphere-grid.jpg (480x480, 83K)

Does it take you hours to realize you’re not having fun? Most people it’s an instant realization.

I liked how I can increase conjuration and destruction skills in oblivion by summoning a dude and blowing him away with magic, it makes more sense, felt like proper practice

Fucking Sekiro.

>he doesn’t know

>necromancer skill tree is locked behind a paywall

They probably didn’t know the company existed or what they did til they died. Most people are like that.
>rutger hauer? Who the fuck is that?
>omg he died? I’m so sad oh no he was the best in... *looks up rutger hauer on imdb* hobo with a shotgun?

I mean I enjoyed that but it has nothing on PoE

Far Cry 3

So a portal of dogshit opens up and the first thing to come out of it is you? Am i misreading this?

grim dawn

Attached: 2019-07-18.webm (700x450, 2.56M)

He said good

Dragon loli

Attached: 1528059581669.png (1449x2048, 2.96M)

Fucking Farcry 3

What game?

Factorio

You could fix the 1st one by making even the basic mooks extra lethal so grinding is a calculated risk. You could also add caps at certain monster (types) and item qualities, ie. you can't max out with level 1 boars and/or the starter axe, instead you'll eventually have to seek out greater challenges.

Borderlands 2

What's wrong with skill-trees? They are fun.

>fun

Attached: 1521732459426.jpg (300x310, 32K)

He means he likes it user, don't get your autism in a twist

me on the ground