Yea Forums for a disabled girlfriend

Hey y'all, I'm looking for some recommendations.

My girlfriend has been dealing with Lyme disease for the last three years and she's constantly struggling to maintain her mental health because she can't really do much anymore. She used to be super active, she ran a farm and did distance running, but those things are totally off the table now. On days when she's really not feeling well she can't get out of bed, and that takes a huge toll on her mental health.

I suggested video games as something she might get into to ease that burden on the bad days. I played a lot of MMOs as a teenager but haven't kept up since.

Basically, do y'all have recommendations for some beginner friendly games that are nice and pleasant, easy to pick up and put down? I just downloaded Journey and she's excited to give it a go later today, and I'm thinking Stardew Valley might be good once she finishes that because she's interested in the farming aspect.

Thanks y'all, this really does mean a lot to me.

Attached: Journey_Title_Poster.png (421x236, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e3EnY42h2hY
youtube.com/watch?v=eayBAZHjy-I
youtube.com/watch?v=DHohBVfhGDU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lol your gf is retarded

classic wow could be fun for her
socializing and community is good for you

Attached: mole mania.jpg (400x400, 53K)

unironically Minecraft

>she's constantly struggling to maintain her mental health
So she's retarded. Sound like Fortnite would be the perfect game.

Oh yeah they're releasing that in some way again, right?

I don't know why that didn't cross my mind, that's a great suggestion.

>tfw no retarded gf to look after and abuse

minecraft

If you have the money, get her VR. There's some locomotion systems built for disabled people that makes it feel like they can walk again by using hand movement and head movement to intuitively feel like they are running in VR. It can be customized a lot depending on how disabled she is.

Imagine being an incredibly active person and then having that taken away from you in an instant, and still be dealing with it three years later. Honestly, she's stronger than I am. I don't think I could have pushed through for so long.

Have sex

aug 27th

I've definitely been thinking about that. With the standalone rig out now it's probably something I could swing in a month if she responds positively to these other things.

Isn't having sex with a tard illegal? Serious question.

Surprised you haven't dropped her ass yet

Silent hill 2. Stare at her the entire time she plays.

Attached: images (1).jpg (187x270, 11K)

A retard is stronger than you? Lol wow OP is weaker than a retard!

Kek

Hell yeah. I think she'd have some trepidation about WoW but maybe she'll get into these other games and then step stone up.

Man I miss when people would ask what to play to stop them from killing themselves. Some great recommendations in those threads.
There was this one where you play as Ellen Paige and a ghost. It's a 2 player paranormal moviegame that's pretty fun and easy. I think it's called Beyond two souls. Not sure what it's available to be played on.

Attached: 2227170-bcv1.jpg (681x960, 161K)

Speaking to that, I have a decent but not amazingly powerful laptop, no consoles though.

Play some 2 player stuff:
Portal 2
Any console Mario Kart
Stardew Valley 2 player

Also
Any of the Animal Crossing games
Any Harvest Moon

Oh, and how could I forget: The Sims.

Just give her some small indie games that are pleasant to look at. I don't have much experience but I'd say Stardew Valley and Slime Rancher.

Radiata Stories for JRPG.

Still remember MGSV being the game to hold off suicide for. What a shitshow that ended up being

She said she loved the Sims as a teenager.

That's basically what I figured I would start her out with and then she if she wants to dive deeper from there.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, y'all.

>y'all
This was copypasted from reddit, wasn't it?

Papers Please
Undertale
Braid
Limbo

Even if she doesn't respond well to this, VR gaming isn't really an option anyway since most of them aren't very accessible sadly, but exploration based stuff just walking around different worlds is a very liberating experience for disabled people.

Also don't get a standalone, they're much more locked down and a pain to do anything with that isn't considered standard, and there's not a lot of first party accessibility options. You'll need a SteamVR headset for most tools that let you use 3rd party locomotion and other things.

If it's too expensive look into renting one to try it out or so to see if it's worth it.

God I hate the ironic trolls
I hope you'll find cool stuff OP, good luck

Katawa Shoujo

>y'all
>>>/reddit/
>>>/storefront
>>>/anywherebuthere/

based
Try some of pic related OP, they're quite popular with the mentally disabled

Attached: received_2408051126137869.jpg (3264x3264, 1006K)

Just a southerner. I was unironically going to go to Reddit as a backup if Yea Forums's wholesome contingent didn't show up.

Ah man I played Papers Please a while back and loved it. Also heard of Braid as being amazing.

Steamworld Dig 2 was really fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=e3EnY42h2hY

Little Nightmares was very chill.
youtube.com/watch?v=eayBAZHjy-I

Brothers a tale of two sons, was good. I rented this on a whim after losing my brother to suicide three years ago. Theres two parts in this game that actually made me cry. If you play it you'll know which ones they are.
youtube.com/watch?v=DHohBVfhGDU

All very relaxed gameplay. Hope she feels better.

Well to that end I would go with what everyone else said and do mine craft for sure. I have a little brother with autism and scoliosis. Helping him get into that game definitely helped, especially once he got comfortable with the creative mode and basically started doing giant architectural projects in it that were really amazing to see come to fruition.
Personal antidepressant fav is toribash on pc but I don't know if your gf would be down for that one.

Fucking normie faggot. Do everyone a favor and kill yourself and euthanize your retarded gf

Dynasty Warriors
Terraria
Phoenix Wright
Katamari Damacy
Heart & Slash
Grandia 2

I tried to put a few genres in there for you op. Those are all pretty beginner friendly.

I have physical health problems too and sometimes can't do anything. I know it helps to have something that just makes you happier, but playing American McGee's Alice helped me. Not focusing on my own problems so much and helping Alice get through hers was cathartic. It has an easy mode if she doesn't want any difficulty, but it still has an amazing soundtrack and visuals too that can be appreciated.

>I was unironically going to go to Reddit as a backup if Yea Forums's wholesome contingent didn't show up.
That's being optimistic

>Yea Forums is now purely heartless rather than a few lighthearted jabs and actual suggestions
how far we've fallen. the point was never to be edgy. it was fun before. now it's just
>LEL KYS I AM LE FUNNI MAN

anyway, kirby games and minecraft are good, OP.

Attached: 1563246791752.jpg (2779x1696, 334K)

I'll definitely keep all that in mind, thanks.

Thanks user, and no worries. I remember what it was like to be 14 and think that anything more than ironic detachment was sacrilege.

... What?

set up 2 computers in different rooms
tell her it's for immersion and she'll understand
start the game
let her go in front
get in ur car and leave before it's too late

Attached: file.png (220x305, 156K)

I still firmly believe that suicide is a great problem solver especially if you are dying. And if you aren't then do it anyways

I feel like women are more quick to drop off men than it is for men to drop off women.

If you have a gf even a retarded one then you have to go back.

You are an actual gay cunt.

You guys are thinking his gf is retarded because he said mental health?

Jesus Christ, all he means is shes depressed because lyme disease has stolen her normal life away. Shes not retarded, but im starting to think a few of you might be.

Have sex. Nothing can beat a dick.
Also ateliers. Start from Arland DXs

>God I hate the ironic trolls
Where do you think you are?

Maybe try some city buildes, like E:RotMK, Anno series, Banished?
Maybe Settleres?
Also Minecraft. No, fucking really. If she like farming and making new stuff this could be a fucking biscuit for her. Not to mention that's it's a super easy to setup a lan game or even e server and play with her, boosting her mood by praising the shit she made.

>Not firing up a versus mode and trying to gank her

Hey user, can highly suggest Tetris Effect which is now both on PS4 and PC - desu I highly suggest pirating on PC at the moment.

If your gf likes Stardew Valley, I'd get her to check out Tropico 5 and 4X style games as it could be fun to be a little world ruler.

Donut Valley is also a super fun game and if she doesn't mind something a bit more cerebral and emotional, check out Her Story and Gone Home.

I left my girlfriend who was mentally unwell a few years ago and I kinda feel guilty sometimes but hey, good for you for sticking it out.

I know this is Yea Forums but that's fucked up that you fuck retards

I'm for sure going to show her Minecraft. I haven't played since it was way back in beta. It would be interesting to see all how it's changed.

Remember when this site wasn't infested by moralfags like this guy. Reddit or 9gag is the other way my dude.

Btw my old ex had something really similar, she liked playing older Pokémon games on her laptop and animal crossing.

My bad, I wasn't very clear in my post. It helped him with his depression that he was suffering from when he was initially diagnosed. He would get really down and we would sit together playing for hours.I'm not equating OPs gf to someone with autism because I think she's retarded, I was saying that to show how effective it was because he had such trouble dealing with his emotional problems for so long. It was really noticeable since the line between what worked and what did not was made very clear.

Try Kirby games, you can play some together and most aren't hard at all, very relaxing and easy. Many anons already gave great recommendations, you should definitely give her Stardew Valley, maybe Story of Seasons too (it's from the true Harvest Moon devs, the new Harvest Moon games only have the name, nothing else, try to avoid these).
I hope your gf is going to beat that disease as good as she can! You're a good partner to support her in those tough times. Those rough times have a great potential of bonding.

How does a Yea Forumsirgin get a gf? Do they give gfs out for free if they're retarded or something?

>Do they give gfs out for free
If you're 6'+ and white, yeah pretty much.

Okay OP I've come up with a list and hopefuly your gf likes some of these

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Minecraft, Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem and Advance Wars
(Puyo Puyo) Tetris
The Sims
Katamari Damacy
Kirby games
Zero Escape 999

When woman are disabled they'll settle for literally anything and anyone because they need a caregiver. It's like a very clever survival mechanism.

>I left my girlfriend who was mentally unwell a few years ago and I kinda feel guilty sometimes but hey, good for you for sticking it out.
If she was actually trying to do something for her health then you should've stick around her. But if she wasn't doing anything and was only draining everyone's energy without taking matters into her own hand or asking for help then you shouldn't feel guilty. Or you were mentally unwell too at the time, then you shouldn't feel guilty too. You can't help others if you need help yourself.

>reddit spacing
>bitching about reedit
It's suppose to be ironic post, right?

OP, check Unravel, or better yet, new version with MP. It's really relaxing and comfy game for rising someone's spirit

Attached: unravel0202161280jpg-c74408_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Video games aren't gonna do shit for her, get her some acid and listen to some music together.

Really, thanks for all this, y'all. I'm putting these all in a list and I'll branch through it depending on how she responds to different things. I think just being able to get her mind off of feeling so shitty and trapped in her body will be a huge boon for her.

You are a good person, anone.

Kill her snd nthen suifiee

>Fire Emblem
Great but only the 3DS games and the Switch one, older games are too tough for peeps that start playing games in general.
The 3DS games all have an easy mode and the option that no unit gets permanently killed.
>Katamari
100% this

Why are you sticking around? Did you get life insurance on her or something or are you unironically being guilt tripped?

Try the other games from the guys that made Journey (thatgamecompany) - Flower, Flow. Also Portal.

that is what the alt-right pipeline does to you

you're practically a conservative

My ex-gf who had Lyme got addicted to New Vegas after I introduced her to it when she became bed ridden. Something like a Bethesda RPG is a good thing to just sink time into and wander around as if they were exploring somewhere.

Be careful though man, you can get lyme sexually and I managed to catch it from her after losing the condoms and luckily I caught it quickly and nuked it with antibiotics. She's going to go insane and be completely unstable and manageable at some point too man. Look after yourself, that's important too.

>Be careful though man, you can get lyme sexually

I did get Lyme disease, actually, but I'm convinced it was from a tick. The bacteria actually went straight for my heart and nearly killed me. 3 weeks in the hospital, then 6 weeks on bed rest with IV antibiotics.

Okay, I have work to get doing but I'll try to check back in occasionally.

God I wish I was fuckin dead

Unironically Mario games

fuck ticks and mental illness

The portal games