This piece of shit ass game never gives me the cards I want...

This piece of shit ass game never gives me the cards I want. I've been playing all night and not a single game where I could pull off a deck I'm 100% ok with.

FUCK
Also Ironchad checking in. Orbniggers can fuck off.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 44K)

What ascension you on bro?
It is a roguelike so expecting perfection will only end in disappointment.
Also all characters are fun in their own way, but ironclad is definitely the easiest so I am not sure why you are proud.

Well I like the fact that I can take some damage early and not give a shit.

Silent chad reporting in

My negro.

>be silent
>shiv build + dead branch (&snecko eye)
>get steel of storm from a shiv
>discard everything and spam shivs
>get another steel of storm from 1 of them
Much fun was had the other day

new character when?

silence has the best decks

Orb guy is easiest, or at least was, I don't know what they've done to the game since he was first added

My man. I got my first heart victory with the most disgusting deck last night. 3 Wraith Form +, the apparition event, orichalcum and the spoon, I took 0 fucking damage throughout the entirety of Act 3.

>3 Wraith Form +, the apparition event, orichalcum and the spoon
Ah sick, I think my first heart win was with Ironclad, also with Apparition + spoon and headbutts to get them back into my hand + a strong block core so I'd have lots of turns where I was intangible and could start building up block and by the time I took actual damage again I was all bulked up on block and couldn't be touched anymore + dealt out heavy damage with body slam

I think I actually perfected that Heart fight

I barely survived with 2hp, I had hardly any block due to wraith form's debuff so whenever he did his 15x attack I'd take a bunch despite being a ghost. Orichalcum did a lot of work.

>imagine playing silent and NOT building poison decks
Yikes

Attached: 1551581782592-v.png (595x160, 23K)

How about mods? Playing ironclad with orbs was decent fun

>not playing a Silent block build with 2 upgraded footworks and upgraded Burst + Blur and other good block cards
lmaoing at ur life user

>Not doing both
Shaking my damned head.

Well obviously yeah just a single Noxious Fumes would complete that build
Just keep blocking and watch them slowly die

>always pick Silent to do poison builds
>poison cards never show up
Not even expecting a corpse explosion, just give me a single noxious fumes at least ffs. So bored of these dagger spray builds.

Attached: hamster.jpg (800x450, 30K)

Is this game actually worth the price of admission? Most of the roguelites I've played on Steam really weren't except Isaac and Gungeon.

Yep, between those two I'd say.

I'm 34 hours in and haven't really done much with the content you unlock after "winning" the first time, partially because I want to play with mods (but can't earn achievements with them on) and partially because ports are confirmed. Then again, I could just remote into my computer and play modded on my phone right now.

It's gotten friendlier over time, but expect the typical roguelike "hump" that you have to get over before you get to the real meat of the game. Also, prepare to run into the same shit over and over again. Not that that's unusual in roguelikes (I've been playing a ton of Heroes of Hammerwatch, lately, which only has a decent amount if you count the Pyramid DLC), but it gets annoying in Slay the Spire. There are no alternate routes with different things to deal with, only your 3 playable characters (soon to be 4) and unlockable items+gear.

Orbman is pretty easy tbqh
>add claws
>add steam barriers
>add draws & seek cards
>charge battery
>all 4 one

not going full powermode and creative AI
shiggy diggy

The only time creative ai did good was to give me static discharge in the heart fight.

>implying you have any say in what you go

this game sucks

git gud

more like >get given gud cards

200+ hours here. You can definitely bend the game in your favour but some runs are unwinnable. One piece of advice I can give is look at the map and plan your route before you make any moves. Try to fight as many elites as you can, and if you can get the Black Star (makes elites give two relics) early, get it. You can get cucked by what boss relics you get but some of them are really powerful. Good luck, game is amazing.

Attached: slaythespirestats.jpg (2560x1440, 364K)

Strength build everytime. Chop those motherfuckers up.

>tfw

Attached: I lost.jpg (2560x1440, 419K)

Can confirm. Pic related is the most OP card in the game allowing you to completely ignore defence and spend all mana on making enemies dead.

You play the game wrong. You build deck around which cards you get, not the other way around.

Attached: latest.png (678x874, 361K)

There's a mod that allows you to unlock achievements while playing with mods. It's on the workshop.

That's a fun card but it can fuck you over hard if you get bad draws

Silent have SO MANY draw cards you never ever get bad draws.
>discard your whole hand and draw that many cards for 0 mana lol
>block and draw two cards
>draw two cards and then discard two cards for zero mana
>keep one/two cards at the end of the turn power for zero mana lol
>zero mana cycle a card, if its skill gain block
>one mana draw three cards
>end turn, next round draw X+1 cards and gain X+1 mana
>starting relict: draw two extra cards
Bro, do you even DRAW CARDS??? Silents biggest issue is that you cant hold more than 10 cards, his only weakness. And time boss which is hard counter ofc.

Attached: latest-1.png (678x874, 292K)